• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

FoF : What about SA?

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At this point, and since the dev team must have kind of settled in, it would be great to hear about SA wouldn't it?

Like, is it still supposed to be released sometime? Still worked on?

Anything really would be good, not even necessarily the truth, but something to aknowledge SA and give us something to look forward.

What do you think? Anyone's got infos?

G

We are DESPERATELY in need of a state uo UO address as posted a few days ago.

M

Mystic_Of_Cats

So you want them to carry on the EA tradition and lie to us about the status? No thanks. I'll take real information only please.

I

imported_Electrolyte

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed!

Heck at this point I just want to know if there even IS a status to be had for SA?!

Can we expect big things and lots of ation from our new dev team, or is UO really slipping into 'zombie mode' like people are saying??

B

Babble

My guess is they collect developers then try to repair KR and then see if there are enough players to warrant SA.

K

kennykilleduo

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

100% agree , do you get the sense we are getting ignored?

I

imported_Robert_EAMythic

Greetings all,

The UO Team has settled in nicely and it's great to have them on-site. There have been a number of meetings regarding our short-term and long-term goals and plans, and the most effective way to meet those. Yes, we have things coming, including much more information. No, we aren't ready to share that information yet. Granted that's not much of an answer other than to say that we have lots in store for UO and you are going to have to wait a bit longer to find out. We know the community wants more info and we are doing everything we can to speed up this process.

Bob

P

pallas

<blockquote><hr>

Greetings all,

The UO Team has settled in nicely and it's great to have them on-site. There have been a number of meetings regarding our short-term and long-term goals and plans, and the most effective way to meet those. Yes, we have things coming, including much more information. No, we aren't ready to share that information yet. Granted that's not much of an answer other than to say that we have lots in store for UO and you are going to have to wait a bit longer to find out. We know the community wants more info and we are doing everything we can to speed up this process.

Bob

[/ QUOTE ]

... and how many times have you guys served up this same post? good god, it's like a cut and paste from three years ago. Bob, if this is the standard you are setting for the team it's pathetic.

color me shocked. /rolls eyes

I

imported_Castor

<blockquote><hr>

Yes, we have things coming, including much more information. No, we aren't ready to share that information yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, sure did not take you mythic guys long to adopt this EA policy...

P

pallas

<blockquote><hr>

LOL, sure did not take you mythic guys long to adopt this EA policy...

[/ QUOTE ]

The team (I mean if we HAVE one and they aren't working on WARHAMMER) must be learning how to play Whac-A-Mole. God knows there's been little in the way of progress.

A

AdamD

Would be nice to hear SA's status, for sure
Been a long time since we heard anything new

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Bob.

It is good to hear plans are being made and goals set.
Even though the information is not ready to be shared it is refreshing to get an acknowledgment that there is something coming.

As you can see the community is a tad restless...Speed Bob..speed!

P

pallas

<blockquote><hr>

Thank you Bob.

It is good to hear plans are being made and goals set.
Even though the information is not ready to be shared it is refreshing to get an acknowledgment that there is something coming.

As you can see the community is a tad restless...Speed Bob..speed!

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it restlessness or is it basically being told the same drivel repeatedly?

'Soon', 'Right around the corner', 'Next week' (which becomes extended indef.), etc etc.

I

imported_ParadoxUO

Please please Please

Delay SA so i can have my characters ready!

P

pallas

<blockquote><hr>

Please please Please

Delay SA so i can have my characters ready!

[/ QUOTE ]

With the way they operate trust me that you will have a nice, LONG delay to look forward to.

Asking the UO team to be on time is like asking the Astros to win a world series.

I

imported_ParadoxUO

Jeremy posted something special would happen on the first week of February... have Faith my friend.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Greetings all,

Bob

[/ QUOTE ]
Bob put yourself on this side of the coin a moment then reread your post. "We have stuff on the way but we can't tell you anything" reads like "Just keep payin your fees guys we'll throw something in eventually" it's something we'd finally gotten out of hearing only to have it tossed back out there again. Can we just admit that firing most of our team and moving the few left to the other side of the country was a bad move? Can we just say "Sorry guys the heads at EAMythic really screwed up and it's going to be a while before we get back on our feet. We have nothing for you for now on the future of the game because we just don't know." and leave it at that? No more dangling carrots.
Instead of "Ooo we have some fun things planned that we can't tell you about yet." just give us the truth "Sorry for your bad luck but we've got nothing for you till the dust settles and we train some people on what UO is."
Eh?

I

imported_MoonglowMerchant

The inability to answer a simple question like "Will SA ever be released?" ought to tell you all you need to know about the release of SA.

B

Babble

<blockquote><hr>

Jeremy posted something special would happen on the first week of February... have Faith my friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

It will reach testcenter then and your chars are ready then as you can stats and skills there.

Faith and UO is a very bad combination, especially since they threw AOS at us.

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it's actualy nice to hear something, and I'm not very happy with the people flaming Bob.

We've got to be patient here fellas, as we're still trying to establish contact. Do you think anyone will post anything if you react violently everytime you're not satisfied? Be smart, what we need is informations, and we like them to come often.

Thanks a lot for answering Robert. Although this is a bit evasive, it's way better than nothing, and we greatly apreciate hearing from you.
I can't help but notice you didn't address our main concern in this thread tho, which was a future extension to our game. It used to be called Stygian Abyss, is it still the working title? Or has it been postponed, which we could perfectly understand, but if so, then in which direction are you looking now?

Thank you for your time anyway, take care.

I

imported_Castor

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

They recycling last years valentines?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

They recycling last years valentines?

[/ QUOTE ]
No no no.....blessed ham instead of blessed bacon this year. Have some faith man.

B

Babble

Doubt it I bet they fix the bug and the rests stays the same.

K

kennykilleduo

<blockquote><hr>

Yes, we have things coming, including much more information. No, we aren't ready to share that information yet. Granted that's not much of an answer other than to say that we have lots in store for UO and you are going to have to wait a bit longer to find out. We know the community wants more info and we are doing everything we can to speed up this process.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is so secret????????

You just added to my reasons and I'm sure others for quiting UO sorry , excuses
are unacceptable our game is and has been broken for a long time , the Start of 2007 was ( my opinion ) great for UO , We got ALOT of fixes , UOKR ( needs more work and acceptance) , then we hit 10th anni worst ever , then Holiday (recycled )gifts , Was there even new Vet rewards in 2007 ( not sure). Not 100% ea Mythics fault , all we ask is do or say something big to make us happy...

Yea sure your TOS say EA doesn't owe us anything , but as a whole your company should show some kind of respect to its p(l)ayers , sure i'm just one person , but as I look there my whole gaming collection , theres alot of EA related games here ( that has to count for something).

Maybe EA is happy with this??

http://www.nasdaq.com/aspxcontent/NewsStory.aspx?cpath=20080201%5cACQDJON200802010453DOWJONESDJONLINE000265.htm&amp;

I

imported_Robert_EAMythic

<blockquote><hr>

Bob put yourself on this side of the coin a moment then reread your post. "We have stuff on the way but we can't tell you anything" reads like "Just keep payin your fees guys we'll throw something in eventually" it's something we'd finally gotten out of hearing only to have it tossed back out there again. Can we just admit that firing most of our team and moving the few left to the other side of the country was a bad move? Can we just say "Sorry guys the heads at EAMythic really screwed up and it's going to be a while before we get back on our feet. We have nothing for you for now on the future of the game because we just don't know." and leave it at that? No more dangling carrots.
Instead of "Ooo we have some fun things planned that we can't tell you about yet." just give us the truth "Sorry for your bad luck but we've got nothing for you till the dust settles and we train some people on what UO is."
Eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely understand your view on this. My options are two-fold right now:

1) Say nothing until we have something to say.

2) At least let you guys know that work is preceding, things are getting done, and the sky is not falling.

At least with option #2 you know something, however minor, and you also know we hear you and you aren't shouting into a void. The minute we can say more, we will.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Greetings all,

Bob

[/ QUOTE ]You do understand that with each passing day, you continue to lose credibility as an effective leader of the UO Development Team with answers like these, I hope. While there are still some holdouts, I believe that most of the community is desperately awaiting answers as to what is going on with UO:KR, UO:SA, and indeed, the future of UO.

To be a month into the new year with nothing more than "we'll be patching some stuff" as an outlook, and "we have more things coming" as an answer is less than acceptable.

A

AdamD

Bob, why not post updates on the main page of UO.com, to show stuff is being done?

Like the update centre, that used to show what was being developed, what was in concept etc, but those areas were removed

Even if it's miniscule things, at least we could stuff was being done

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]No offense intended, Rachel, but at this point, no it's not refreshing to get an acknowledgement that there is "something coming." That's all they've been saying for the past six months. Frankly, it's not refreshing... it's old, tired, and repeated.

I, for one, believe that they should at least have solid SHORT TERM plans that they could share with us, with promises of long term plans on the NEAR horizon, but they aren't even sharing the short term plans. If they're going to continue to be this vague, they're going to find customers are going to be as vague with renewing their accounts.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Greetings all,

Bob

[/ QUOTE ]
Eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

That was quite refreshing to see that come out of you.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Well it's actualy nice to hear something, and I'm not very happy with the people flaming Bob.

[/ QUOTE ]Dear god, people have forgotten what a flame is. No one's flaming Bob, they're expressing their severe disappointment in his and EA Mythic's ability to share information that is LONG overdue.
<blockquote><hr>

We've got to be patient here fellas, as we're still trying to establish contact. Do you think anyone will post anything if you react violently everytime you're not satisfied? Be smart, what we need is informations, and we like them to come often.

[/ QUOTE ]We have to be WHAT? I'm sorry, but six months is MORE than enough time being patient. This is violent? Good grief. How about this is an expected response to the same tired mantra.
<blockquote><hr>

Thanks a lot for answering Robert. Although this is a bit evasive, it's way better than nothing, and we greatly apreciate hearing from you.

[/ QUOTE ]It's not a bit evasive, it's entirely evasive, because it's what they've been saying for weeks. And while YOU appreciate (greatly or otherwise) hearing the same thing over and over, I assure you that you're in the minority.
<blockquote><hr>

I can't help but notice you didn't address our main concern in this thread tho, which was a future extension to our game. It used to be called Stygian Abyss, is it still the working title? Or has it been postponed, which we could perfectly understand, but if so, then in which direction are you looking now?

[/ QUOTE ]Good luck with an answer to that one. And I'm serious about that. I'd love an answer too, but it's not forthcoming, unless you consider "soon" a valid answer. :/

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

2) At least let you guys know that work is preceding, things are getting done, and the sky is not falling.

At least with option #2 you know something, however minor, and you also know we hear you and you aren't shouting into a void. The minute we can say more, we will.

[/ QUOTE ]Okay, Bob, but understand this:

Those of us who have continued to ask this question repeatedly no longer believe that:

(1) work is proceeding
(2) things are getting done

If work was proceeding and things were getting done, you could at least tell us what work is proceeding, and what things are getting done. You can't even tell us that. Unless you're considering the immensely vague notes about what's coming in the next patch as sharing information with us.

What ever happened to the days of putting up a list of what was being worked on, what was coming in the next patch, et cetera? I mean, even THAT would be better than "Well, we've got stuff coming, and we're working on stuff, and hey, there's great stuff in the future!"

If you really think either of your two options are the appropriate ways to deal with customers, then perhaps it's time to stop being a customer on my part.

P

pallas

Methinks Bobby boy here is losing any good standing he might have intitially had coming around here. Sad, and lame.

It's funny he posts on how they want to properly promote and conduct community relations and he's really no better than what we've seen in the past. Just more of the same 'Soon' school of thought. You guys at EAMythic DO realize the pathetic reputation and standard you've set for yourselves, yes? It's embarrassing.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
By now saying that some information is coming soon means absolutely nothing to us as players because rarely does it materialize. For example, Jeremy said 3 weeks ago that some plans were being published soon. Then she recants the following week.

You are also giving conflicting information here by saying the development team is hard at work when Jeremy today mentions someone is not in because they are still moving.

B

Belmarduk

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No answer would have been bad - very bad
This is an answer I can accept..for the moment. Thx Bob

Today I have ...again... been trying to persuade a old guildmember who wants to quit to stay a little longer and wait a few more months... I am slowly getting sick of this... I myself am barley hanging on atm - End of 2008 is
<font color="red"> my deadline </font> guild or no guild,castle or no castle...
If there arent BIG improvements and UO isnt back on track then,that will be the end of a chapter for me...

OK the team has moved and settled in and they are working on things (asfar as Bob says)
Lets hope they are REALLY getting things done now - <font color="red"> Asoon as UO goes into zombie-mode I am gone... </font>

To be honest if there werent dedicated members in my Guild who run the show with me being hardly online I propably would have given up allready...
I think many many players are only hanging on and waiting to see what happens in the next few months... This could really be the last chance between UO getting forward again or really going into zombie-mode.
I still...have faith in the dev-team...
The next months will be deceisive..
Greetings Belmarduk

G

Mesanna's the last to move - everyone else is finishing the check-ins for next week's publish. They are certainly hard at work - although of course you won't see the fruits of their labor until the publish actually hits Test.

K

kennykilleduo

<blockquote><hr>

Greetings all,

Bob

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to Uhall...

P

pallas

<blockquote><hr>

Mesanna's the last to move - everyone else is finishing the check-ins for next week's publish. They are certainly hard at work - although of course you won't see the fruits of their labor until the publish actually hits Test.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right right because GOD FORBID we have any idea what may be on said publish before it hits other than vague notions of an event or runic changes. Yes, I'd hate to see what WoW might do if they grabbed hold of THAT info. /rolls eyes

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

No, we aren't ready to share that information yet. .

[/ QUOTE ]

Same ole same ole. Why this company does this I will never understand.

G

The last set of checkins are going in today - so I'm not sure what all has made it, other than some UI fixes for KR, some can't-cancel-quest fixes, stuff like that. (Well, and the event, of course.) Won't have an actual QA-checked list until mid-next-week. This is, of course, why we usually don't talk about publishes until the last minute - they can be pretty nebulous for rather a long time.

P

pallas

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

No, we aren't ready to share that information yet. .

[/ QUOTE ]

Same ole same ole. Why this company does this I will never understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they do not want the competition to get in on their secret to success. I would hate to see if WoW, LotR, Lineage or Guild Wars got ahold of them 'sekrit' UO plans... it would surely bring the industry to a crashing halt. As we all know, UO nowadays is so terribly, _terribly_ innovative.

That, or their plan as they did KR... just fly by the seat of your pants and add things to it as you go along.

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Robert, thanks for the info.

A little tip though. Never post if you can't give details, since everyone will swarm you like enraged locusts here unfortunately.

Although I think it comes with the territory of having generations of community co-ordinators tell everyone "soon", and most of us here are angry vets who are nearly impossible to win over, while others like to take their anger out on the CS person because they have nowhere else to focus it at.

I know there will be changes in the pipeline pending EA corporate doing something insane (which they usually do) and that you guys are doing your best with what you have allocated, just feel free to send all the nasty replies to the suits.

D

DrMcguilicudy

RTLFC

Truth be told I am one of those that have given EA a lot of slack in the past, but frankly the game hasn't had a meaningful change since late October. That is 4 months of nothing. Even I wonder if its worth hanging around. And I am one of the pom pom hander outers.

UO is a great game, but I see what a lot of people are saying. They see dwindling shard numbers, they see rampant cheating, they see little to no GM support.

Here is the question on everyones mind. Are you in zombie mode till Warhammer online comes out, and then you will kill UO, or put it into some mode where it just withers on the vine?

People aren't asking much, but when you shovel the same tired manure pile around each time, people get tired of hearing it. Ever hear of the little boy who cried wolf.

G

Jeremy and Bobby boy,

Were not mushrooms. No need to keep us in the dark and feed us double whopper with cheese.

This is a computer game FFS. Not national defense secrets. Throw us a bone and tell us what the hells going on.

If I were more cynical I'd say your BS was more spin to keep us paying whilst NOTHING is ever going to get done in UO again.

P

pallas

<blockquote><hr>

RTLFC

Truth be told I am one of those that have given EA a lot of slack in the past, but frankly the game hasn't had a meaningful change since late October. That is 4 months of nothing. Even I wonder if its worth hanging around. And I am one of the pom pom hander outers.

UO is a great game, but I see what a lot of people are saying. They see dwindling shard numbers, they see rampant cheating, they see little to no GM support.

Here is the question on everyones mind. Are you in zombie mode till Warhammer online comes out, and then you will kill UO, or put it into some mode where it just withers on the vine?

People aren't asking much, but when you shovel the same tired manure pile around each time, people get tired of hearing it. Ever hear of the little boy who cried wolf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well written post, and probably the first time I've agreed with you. Now you see how I (and a great many others) have felt for a while now.

P

pallas

<blockquote><hr>

The last set of checkins are going in today - so I'm not sure what all has made it, other than some UI fixes for KR, some can't-cancel-quest fixes, stuff like that. (Well, and the event, of course.) Won't have an actual QA-checked list until mid-next-week. This is, of course, why we usually don't talk about publishes until the last minute - they can be pretty nebulous for rather a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the update, Jeremy, while not much it IS appreciated.

The thing is this, the playerbase would rather have SOME idea of what is going on than none altogether. EVERY OTHER GAME gives you some insight on what their long term plans are. UO has NOTHING, and you guys are basically giving us no proof in your commitment, plans, or goals at ALL. Do you all realize how frustrating that would be as a customer, especially given that your competition are MUCH more forthcoming? Especially since Robert even stated this month things were going to be different, and follows up with the same 'soon' BS that has plagued us forever?

As a company you guys are making a lot of mistakes and it is costing you a lot of loyalty and a LOT of subscribers. Look around. Even long term UO players who have been OVERLY faithful are losing faith in your teams ability. A little bit of reaching out to the public would go a LONG way. Simply to say 'Oh yeah we are SOOOOO busy' just doesn't cut it. We've been there before. Heck, we are ALWAYS there.

I

imported_Castor

<blockquote><hr>

RTLFC

[/ QUOTE ]

holy crap on a stick...uo is in trouble if the good doctor is critizing it....

I

imported_Coldren

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

M'kay... So standard bug fix stuff. That kinda happens every pathc.

Now, what about game play issues? Content? Hint? Pretty pwease ?*Insert Puss and Boots pity look here*

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

"Nebulous?" Publishes are indistinctively vague? I would say that at the planning stage things are nebulous. But once they're more or less in code they are no longer (or should no longer) be nebulous. It is my understanding that the planners have given the coders (whether they be themselves or not) some general idea what they want implemented and that is the point where the players should receive what could—what could, mind you—go into the game. When the publish is ready then a final list of things that will be in it should be presented, giving reasons for omissions and inclusions from the initial list (e.g. those ideas were impossible to implement, sucked, unbalancing, et al.).

Now I understand for this upcoming publish there really isn't a lot of meat, given it fixes pretty much what QA missed with the last publish [luv them KR treasure maps]. But at this point, we should have a not-so-vague idea what UO's short-term future is on several fronts (bug-fixing being a given).

--Georg

G

<blockquote><hr>

Do you think anyone will post anything if you react violently everytime you're not satisfied? Be smart, what we need is informations, and we like them to come often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this what customer service is? Without customers like us there would be no UO....