• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Felucca only shard.

Who would be interested?

• Yes, this is only an expression of Interest for the Devs to see.

Votes: 35 92.1%
  • and Yes, not interested if there are any negative responses, this isn't for you.

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hilarious!!! Wants a Felucca only shard but won't play on the ones that exist, complains about whiners!

I've logically and reasonably explained my reasons.

I'm trying to make the game better for a huge volume of the player-base that got left behind or ignored for many years.

You have no real reason to be in this thread, you have offered no valuable positive input.

*shows the door*.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The PvPer's don't want to admit it, but they are the Care Bear Cousins. A bit wilder than the Care Bears, but when it comes down to it, they suffer the same perceived character flaws they accuse the PvM folks of having.
We all have the same character flaws.

We don't have to accept playing within a system flaw.
(I accept I have spent too much of my time haranguing the (in my opinion) weak minded players who chose to play within such a system, maybe I shouldn't have done that, and should have tried to break free earlier)

Reset us with the better system. (In our opinion).

Dorset

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I voted "yes" myself, though I'm not a PvP'er at all. One of the reasons I liked (and still play after 20 years) UO in the first place is that there's an "end game" for everyone. Some people like the player justice aspect, some people like the rush of a good pvp fight, some people like collecting things, some people want to acquire wealth, some people like making things, some people like decorating houses in incredibly imaginative ways, some people are character building junkies, and some people love just spending time with friends.

The only thing I do not like is the attitude of some that feel their play style and what they want is the only way to play and belittle those that play a different way.

Personally, I play because this game gives me a chance to relax and escape from the intense pressures of my life and many times just whacking a shovel against a mountain for several hours is that cathartic release I need to be able to sleep. The last thing I want is a pvp fight. ;)

That all being said, I support other play styles that I don't indulge in and have friends who PK, pvp, who are decorators, merchants and craftsmen. I'd like to see them all happy and to see UO actually GROW for a change. If a fel only shard would do that, then, awesome. I'd probably even make a character there and stop by now and then to say hi to some friends or to marvel at how much I suck at pvp. ;)

Good luck!

Great post, couldn't have worded it better. I like bashing rocks too after the kids have stopped screaming and the work phone stopped ringing!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yes you can own a house on Siege and on any other Prodo shard. You can have a Siege house and a house on Atl... but only 1 on each per account.

Your welcome.

Also, I'd be all for the Fel only shard if it would free up other shards from having to deal with all the PvP drama. But really I rather doubt that would ever happen... but best of luck to you.
Ty for info Malag.
Sadly having an all PVP shard would not solve the PS or other PK systems on regular production shards. You will still have the SAME PKers toons waiting in the shadows in prodo Fel spawns waiting for you to clear the spawn and steal your work, so things will be essentially the same on prodo shards with present day Fel and Fel ruleset as is now..Somehow I cannot see how a full Fel ruleset shard may change any of this.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
We all have the same character flaws.

We don't have to accept playing within a system flaw.
(I accept I have spent too much of my time haranguing the (in my opinion) weak minded players who chose to play within such a system, maybe I shouldn't have done that, and should have tried to break free earlier)

Reset us with the better system. (In our opinion).
No doubt we do... but I will say I do agree with the "meat" of your proposal, I feel that having some servers PvP and others PvM would have in the long run been a better way to have handled things rather than the split facet approach we have now. It was mainly the way you expressed this I my comments earlier were focused towards. Trammie, Care Bear, Snowflake, etc... it really doesn't serve any purpose other than automatically turn a portion of the people who read your post away because of your tone. It's not just you, there are others that do the same, and like it or not there are as many or more PvM players than PvPers left, you're better served trying to get them to work with you.

Dorset

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I get the main thing about pvp is around the champ spawns issues, getting raided and losing all your hard work for the past hour. We have all had it done to us, it sucks.

Just a brainfart while walking the dogs, why couldn't they look at a way to incorporate VvV into dungeons/champ spawns etc. Who ever controls that spawn/dungeon gets a % of the champ loot. Keeps everyone happy, pvm get their reward of the scrolls they want and are working for. Pvp guys get to have their fight over controlling territory with other like minded pvp players and get a reward in scrolls for it.

(Edit- this idea would have worked better in factions-Order/Chaos- Guild Wars that VvV. Note I am no expert on pvp. I am shocking, but give it a go!)

We need to keep people playing on the same shards, diluting what players we have even further will not help anyone. Just need to find a way pvm & pvp can work on the same server, not just who shouts the loudest.

This topic really gets the head scratched, honestly cant think of a way people could play together and enjoy the aspects of the game they like. UO needs to keep the player base it has, not keep losing players.
Enjoying reading the debate though:)

Last edited:

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No doubt we do... but I will say I do agree with the "meat" of your proposal, I feel that having some servers PvP and others PvM would have in the long run been a better way to have handled things rather than the split facet approach we have now. It was mainly the way you expressed this I my comments earlier were focused towards. Trammie, Care Bear, Snowflake, etc... it really doesn't serve any purpose other than automatically turn a portion of the people who read your post away because of your tone. It's not just you, there are others that do the same, and like it or not there are as many or more PvM players than PvPers left, you're better served trying to get them to work with you.

Hi Nexus,

Thank you for the positive input re the meat of the concept. I do agree, I think there is a lot of logic there.

Regarding the way I have handled this, sometimes you are better off polarising a debate to get something done.
Make it black or white, north or south.
Sometimes you are better off with (a) 50 people who are 100% with you, over (b) 50 people who are half with you, and another 50 who are half against you.
In Option A, something can get done, the motivation can be created, in Option B, nothing will ever get done, life will muddle on.
I've chosen to Polarise the debate, make it very obvious.
In real life, you would know me as the nicest, most diplomatic guy in existence, always compromising and going 50/50, but sometimes you have to polarise.

I have tried over the last year or so to do things diplomatically, but one thing I have learned about Stratics, is they are full of die-hard Trammie zealots, who don't represent the playerbase I know. I cannot win them over, I'm best off going against them, and focusing with the guys who are with me 100%.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get the main thing about pvp is around the champ spawns issues, getting raided and losing all your hard work for the past hour. We have all had it done to us, it sucks.

Just a brainfart while walking the dogs, why couldn't they look at a way to incorporate VvV into dungeons/champ spawns etc. Who ever controls that spawn/dungeon gets a % of the champ loot. Keeps everyone happy, pvm get their reward of the scrolls they want and are working for. Pvp guys get to have their fight over controlling territory with other like minded pvp players and get a reward in scrolls for it.

(Edit- this idea would have worked better in factions-Order/Chaos- Guild Wars that VvV. Note I am no expert on pvp. I am shocking, but give it a go!)

We need to keep people playing on the same shards, diluting what players we have even further will not help anyone. Just need to find a way pvm & pvp can work on the same server, not just who shouts the loudest.

This topic really gets the head scratched, honestly cant think of a way people could play together and enjoy the aspects of the game they like. UO needs to keep the player base it has, not keep losing players.
Enjoying reading the debate though:)

Hi Dorset, I like the tone, and the thought of your posts.

And by the way, sometimes there is nothing more I like to do, than come home after a hard day, and just do a bit of mining. (Everything in Felucca for me of course).

Regarding your VvV idea, we have been pushing for a VvV upgrade for awhile... It's quite a nice idea.
I think you are seeing posts like these, due to nothing happening to improve the situation for us for such a long time, as well as so many posts out there trying to water things down even further for us. At some point we have to make a stand and say hang on, you are ignoring half your playerbase.

I agree this may add a bit more dilution, and that may not be a good thing.
On a positive side, it may split the always acrimonious hardcore pvpers and pvmers, and that may be a good thing - each can then focus on their style of play.

I think whilst we may dilute some shards a bit, overall, player numbers would go up, as this suggestion would really suit a lot of players - on both sides even. So many pvpers have left because of the half baked solution in place, and Trammies would argue so many of them have left for the same reasons. And I'm not going to blame anyone for the half baked solution, I know they've been trying their best to make it work. But I'm the sort of person, when something clearly isn't working, who will cut my losses, and walk out, or restart from scratch to try and get it right.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I agree with this! You get more with a smile than a frown, being insulting will just make people angry before they even consider your proposal. It would have been better to make some of the shards all PVP and some of them non-pvp, with a free one-way transfer for characters at the start. Other games have content specific shards and it does work to some extent, PvP, language specific or RP servers. Making a mirror image just created a 'them and us' scenario in which each side generally cannot or will not see the other sides point of view. :(

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with this! You get more with a smile than a frown, being insulting will just make people angry before they even consider your proposal. It would have been better to make some of the shards all PVP and some of them non-pvp, with a free one-way transfer for characters at the start. Other games have content specific shards and it does work to some extent, PvP, language specific or RP servers. Making a mirror image just created a 'them and us' scenario in which each side generally cannot or will not see the other sides point of view. :(

I want them angry, I want them to kick us out to a brand new shard. :D

Not keep us here, undermining the game experience for us, while they profit, and in fact screw up the game.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've logically and reasonably explained my reasons.

I'm trying to make the game better for a huge volume of the player-base that got left behind or ignored for many years.

You have no real reason to be in this thread, you have offered no valuable positive input.

*shows the door*.
sometimes you fly above peoples heads. :) I complete understand you and I for one would love a fel only shard with a normal rule set. Let the trammies have powerscrolls and all that. Let them deal with the market crash when everything is farmed 24/7 with no pvpers to keep it in check.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
sometimes you fly above peoples heads. :) I complete understand you and I for one would love a fel only shard with a normal rule set. Let the trammies have powerscrolls and all that. Let them deal with the market crash when everything is farmed 24/7 with no pvpers to keep it in check.
As a trammie, I am all for this. Separate the rule sets. Let players pick the play style they prefer.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hi Nexus,

Thank you for the positive input re the meat of the concept. I do agree, I think there is a lot of logic there.

Regarding the way I have handled this, sometimes you are better off polarising a debate to get something done.
Make it black or white, north or south.
Sometimes you are better off with (a) 50 people who are 100% with you, over (b) 50 people who are half with you, and another 50 who are half against you.
In Option A, something can get done, the motivation can be created, in Option B, nothing will ever get done, life will muddle on.
I've chosen to Polarise the debate, make it very obvious.
In real life, you would know me as the nicest, most diplomatic guy in existence, always compromising and going 50/50, but sometimes you have to polarise.

I have tried over the last year or so to do things diplomatically, but one thing I have learned about Stratics, is they are full of die-hard Trammie zealots, who don't represent the playerbase I know. I cannot win them over, I'm best off going against them, and focusing with the guys who are with me 100%.
How about I start calling anyone like you who prefers Fel as a PKer? Stop calling people who do not want your playstyle as Care Bears, Trammies or whatever. We are PvM or PvE ... just as you are PvP.

Other than that I think your post was on the mark. This place can really be frustrating. And in general I'm all for a PvP only shard as are others.

StarstrukK

Adventurer
Because you'd ruin every other server for the rest of us? A lot of people dont have time to start over or they just don't want to? There is not enough players to even come close to being able to support your idea?

Maybe if an all Felucca server had a customized ruleset that would set it apart from the crap we have now it could work.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because you'd ruin every other server for the rest of us? A lot of people dont have time to start over or they just don't want to? There is not enough players to even come close to being able to support your idea?

Maybe if an all Felucca server had a customized ruleset that would set it apart from the crap we have now it could work.

I believe there are easily enough PvPers and Feluccan players to support this idea.

I accept that some may leave current shards, and that would be a shame.

However, as it stands, you are almost admitting that Feluccan players are almost being forced to support and fund a playstyle they don't buy into?
And that has seriously negative consequences for them in terms of player justice, the unbalance in the economy that is created, uneven content distribution, and the level of cheating that is made possible within this game system.
Just for the rest of you.

This is sort of my point, I'm tired of this.

Ultimately, whilst it may initially dilute some shards, I believe they would all pick up and have more players in the end, as both playstyles would be properly catered for.

Players who left because of this non-stop ongoing issue, could chose a better home, and new players could chose their playstyle better, without all this conflict.

Players would not have to leave their Shard or start anew or anything, they are welcome to stay where they are

For others, a fresh start could be a really exciting thing.

Last edited:

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
... <huge snip> ...
Players who left because of this non-stop ongoing issue, could chose a better home, and new players could chose their playstyle better, without all this conflict.

Players would not have to leave their Shard or start anew or anything, they are welcome to stay where they are

For others, a fresh start could be a really exciting thing.
There is another alternative, you know. Go to one of them thar freebie places. You know, the ones where the grass is greener, the loot more desirable and all that?

You could play there and here ... or just there. You would be staring all new and fresh and have the time of your life!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
May be that many pvpers are just honorable players that enjoy wargames with one another, and that is fine. But you must admit that there are scuzzballs in both pvp clan and trammie clan that have PKer chars that prowl the fel spawns and destroy other people's fun.
The tamers pets even fully scrolled are completely ineffective against any players esp decently armored Pkers toons. The tamers toons, most of them are completely ineffective also, just like their pets.
We were testing with my guild all sorts of pets filly scrolled and skilled etc against one of our guildies, a tamer with DCI of about 30 or so: Very little damage to the player. The pets are hard to kill, but the player got just a little hurt by only one pet with specials that will not be mentioned. He easily survived any of them, had no significant damage at all. This is due to the pet pvp nerf. Obviously the devs do not want tamers to be able to defend themselves in spawns and in pvp.
So it may be that it is time for some change. If Tram/Fel separate shards may do it, then go for it.
However there may be other solutions, and they already have been mentioned several times.
I dont think that anything will happen, since the devs have no interest or time or tecnical ability to change this aspect of the game, and the system as it is is ingrained.
So it will continue that the Trammie PK clan (Trammies that are Pkers and bank-sit in Luna with their blue toons), and the devoted PvP PK clan, are doing their work at the spawns. Same old same old. And of course tamers "do not absolutely need PS for their pets". And of course regardless of what we like to do, we all must learn how to PVP. Its mandatory. And yes, there is a warning when you go to Fel, so we deserve what we get there. Risk-Reward risk-reward. It is working great as it is (for few people). And other horse crap reasoning like that.
I would not trade my sampire with any tamer or pet of any type, scrolled or unscrolled. He also is not made for PVP and I dont mind. Still have fun playing him and thats ok. But now I need a tactics scroll that I cannot afford. Maybe one day..
At the end : NOTHING will change anyways so keep on arguing back and forth, both sides.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is another alternative, you know. Go to one of them thar freebie places. You know, the ones where the grass is greener, the loot more desirable and all that?

You could play there and here ... or just there. You would be staring all new and fresh and have the time of your life!
Why should I have to?

I've been a paying customer who has supported the game, and never supported cheating.

(I always saw that as cheating).

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So let me get that.

You want to force all PvP guys to a certain Fel only Shard?

So this would mean No PvP anywhere Else?

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So let me get that.
You want to force all PvP guys to a certain Fel only Shard?
So this would mean No PvP anywhere Else?
I'm not forcing anyone into anything.
I've given some possibilities for thought.
If PvPers had a Fel only shard, there would be less pressure and restraints on mixed shards in terms of what can and cannot happen.
A Trammel only shard could also be created.
I've only looked at one possibility, but there are others, I'm defining a concept, not perfecting the nuts and bolts at this stage.

And why would you suddenly care about PvPers, having kept them in chains for so long while you profit from such a poor system? Are you worried your money making empire will take a hit? People would actually play the game for fun, and not for the gold in your bank account?

What risk?
Please explain to me, what risk a PvPer is taking?
Having to pay an insurance fee after being killed?
I could turn this around on you.
If there is no risk as you seem to Imply - what is the risk in dying, and what is the risk in coming to Felucca to do stuff?

I'll answer a bit more fully, in case you were not Implying that, and asking the genuine question;
All players in Felucca, take a little bit more risk, ultimately, there is a natural balance to non stop farming.

A PvMer in Trammel farms say Primers in Trammel all day long. This system was introduced very recently and is now dead - (It was) a very good system.
A PvMer/PvPer in Felucca farms say Powerscrolls in Felucca, eventually, they will get spotted and have to fight their way through, and there are natural restraints. This system is still going strong after many years.

A PvMer in Trammel farms Cameo's, and many other Artifacts etc all day long adding an endless amount into the system.
This content does not even exist in Felucca to even take part in.

A PvMer in Trammel, attends a 250m gold Item drop event.
This content does not even exist in Felucca to even take part in.

A Naughty PvMer in Trammel decides to Script Mine, Script Resource Gather, Script Gold Farm, MultiBox at Events, thus destroying the whole economy for everyone ingame - Feluccans and Trammies alike.
This can be contained within Felucca, so all of those issues almost become a non issue - Control is able to be maintained of the economy.

These are the Mixed Levels of Risk going on, and the impact of feeding different Risk Levels into the same system.

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Most of the EM event drops go to multi-boxers, not Europa or (insert shard here) players, my husband and I have gone to a number of EM events in the last two years, I have two EM items and he has three, in all that time. We don't sell them, they are special and we keep them as a memento of the events.
As for Shadowguard items, I have had one Cameo, one Hawkwind Robe which I only got a week or so ago and one Jumu Hide, in two years, I swapped the cameo for other items from a guildie and the other two artifacts I am wearing, I am way too poor to buy that kind of stuff. I don't know where you get the idea that everyone who plays Trammel only is rich. I'm a very casual player and I have never had more than 80 million total. Most of that I made selling resources that I gathered, including saltpetre and SoT's and SoA's from t-hunts and city quests. I don't do much mining now though as I get tendonitis in my mouse hand. Most of us normal people don't farm stuff all day, we don't have that kind of spare time. The people who get rich from 24/7 farming are scripters not players. Please don't hate on all Trammel players because a few are bad!

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please don't hate on all Trammel players because a few are bad!

I haven't said that I do, and I don't. :)

I know exactly the types of players I do and don't like.
I like players who just play the game and have fun.
I dislike players who abuse the system for greed etc.

I've always been against this system one way or another, it is just too flawed in my eyes, and has allowed too much to go wrong.
It is completely unfair and unbalanced.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I dont generally hate the Idea but in my opinion this is somwhere at place 1368 on the list to do...

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
May be that many pvpers are just honorable players that enjoy wargames with one another, and that is fine. But you must admit that there are scuzzballs in both pvp clan and trammie clan that have PKer chars that prowl the fel spawns and destroy other people's fun.
The tamers pets even fully scrolled are completely ineffective against any players esp decently armored Pkers toons. The tamers toons, most of them are completely ineffective also, just like their pets.
We were testing with my guild all sorts of pets filly scrolled and skilled etc against one of our guildies, a tamer with DCI of about 30 or so: Very little damage to the player. The pets are hard to kill, but the player got just a little hurt by only one pet with specials that will not be mentioned. He easily survived any of them, had no significant damage at all. This is due to the pet pvp nerf. Obviously the devs do not want tamers to be able to defend themselves in spawns and in pvp.
So it may be that it is time for some change. If Tram/Fel separate shards may do it, then go for it.
However there may be other solutions, and they already have been mentioned several times.
I dont think that anything will happen, since the devs have no interest or time or tecnical ability to change this aspect of the game, and the system as it is is ingrained.
So it will continue that the Trammie PK clan (Trammies that are Pkers and bank-sit in Luna with their blue toons), and the devoted PvP PK clan, are doing their work at the spawns. Same old same old. And of course tamers "do not absolutely need PS for their pets". And of course regardless of what we like to do, we all must learn how to PVP. Its mandatory. And yes, there is a warning when you go to Fel, so we deserve what we get there. Risk-Reward risk-reward. It is working great as it is (for few people). And other horse crap reasoning like that.
I would not trade my sampire with any tamer or pet of any type, scrolled or unscrolled. He also is not made for PVP and I dont mind. Still have fun playing him and thats ok. But now I need a tactics scroll that I cannot afford. Maybe one day..
At the end : NOTHING will change anyways so keep on arguing back and forth, both sides.
What shard do you happen to play Celt?

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could turn this around on you.
I'm pretty sure you can't. See, if I get killed in fel, I just shrug and come back the next day. I don't remember ever winning a fight, if I get attacked in fel. And at some point you just don't care anymore. And at some point I stopped even fighting back. But that doesn't stop me from coming back. It's just like death through PKs is part of the loot lottery. Sometimes you work through spawn levels 1-4 and get killed just so someone else can do the champ. Sometimes you pop the champ, kill it and don't get anything because of the awesome RNG.

The definition of risk implies, that there is a possibility of loss. What could I possibily loose?
Gold because of insurance? Does anyone care about that? I don't.
Dignity or honor? We're still talking of a video game, right... ;)
Time spent? Some people would agree on that probably. If I would try to farm myself some 120'ers over and over again, yeah, I'd probably annoyed if I'd loose all the time spent into working through the spawns. But I just try to pop a spawn every now and then. I don't miss mostly just having cheap 110'ers & 115'ers eaten. The most important 120 ones I managed to buy. Bottom line, I don't care much about that too.

So, if I can't loose anything being valuable to me, how can there be risk? I just don't see it.

I don't really care, if there is a fel only shard or not. As long as there is a trammel only shard as well...

StarstrukK

Adventurer
I'm not forcing anyone into anything.
I've given some possibilities for thought.
If PvPers had a Fel only shard, there would be less pressure and restraints on mixed shards in terms of what can and cannot happen.
A Trammel only shard could also be created.
I've only looked at one possibility, but there are others, I'm defining a concept, not perfecting the nuts and bolts at this stage..
Except you are trying to force players to move to this server by giving trammel powerscrolls and suggesting to remove PvP altogether on current realms. Because your proposal would only stand a chance at working if it was literally the only place to PvP no one actually cares anymore if trammel exists and it's not like removing it would make felucca content any better. The majority of trammel content is all instanced based so it's not like you would be fighting over anything of value. The only spot that could see some PvP action would be doom the rest of the areas would just go unchecked.

Your suggestion has no draw power for current players if it's only going to be an exact copy of current servers with the exception being no trammel ruleset. It would make more sense they just added insurance to Siege.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Except you are trying to force players to move to this server by giving trammel powerscrolls and suggesting to remove PvP altogether on current realms. Because your proposal would only stand a chance at working if it was literally the only place to PvP no one actually cares anymore if trammel exists and it's not like removing it would make felucca content any better. The majority of trammel content is all instanced based so it's not like you would be fighting over anything of value. The only spot that could see some PvP action would be doom the rest of the areas would just go unchecked.

Your suggestion has no draw power for current players if it's only going to be an exact copy of current servers with the exception being no trammel ruleset. It would make more sense they just added insurance to Siege.
Some of those bits, are just ideas and suggestions.
I asked for any additional input from the beginning.

Where are you coming at this from?
A long established PvPer on Felucca who is quite happy with life?

Trammel doesn't "have" to be given powerscrolls, this is a possibility - this is still a possibility right now by the way, the way current Trammel style ideas are coming across.
It is a possibility that would have far less impact, if the PvPers had somewhere else to play their playstyle.
Rather than this eternal conflict of Trammie v PvPer, and one side in the end winning or losing, and lets be fair, the PvPers have been losing their playstyle for 15 years, if we split it out, we'd stand a chance at being able to play our own playstyle.

I never said there wouldn't be sacrifices.
But I'd be prepared to take them, and I'm sure many others would also.
If you don't make sacrifices, you open yourself up to charges of greed, and "not really wanting to do it for the PvP" etc.
"You only want to PK innocent Trammies" etc.
You have to go across completely empty and blameless if you want to pull something like this off.

On the plus side - it could be as exciting as hell, and if people could get over the initial shock, it could really take off.
+ Equality amongst new players and Vets.
+ A far stronger gaming system.
+ An entire Shard of pure Felucca ruleset.
+ A complete reset of a broken economic system.
+ More purpose for all types of forgotten templates.
+ Brand new, a whole world to re-explore as the game was originally meant to be. (Or as close as possible).

Last edited:

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of the EM event drops go to multi-boxers, not Europa or (insert shard here) players, my husband and I have gone to a number of EM events in the last two years, I have two EM items and he has three, in all that time. We don't sell them, they are special and we keep them as a memento of the events.
As for Shadowguard items, I have had one Cameo, one Hawkwind Robe which I only got a week or so ago and one Jumu Hide, in two years, I swapped the cameo for other items from a guildie and the other two artifacts I am wearing, I am way too poor to buy that kind of stuff. I don't know where you get the idea that everyone who plays Trammel only is rich. I'm a very casual player and I have never had more than 80 million total. Most of that I made selling resources that I gathered, including saltpetre and SoT's and SoA's from t-hunts and city quests. I don't do much mining now though as I get tendonitis in my mouse hand. Most of us normal people don't farm stuff all day, we don't have that kind of spare time. The people who get rich from 24/7 farming are scripters not players. Please don't hate on all Trammel players because a few are bad!
It's not about how much time you have, it's all about how you spend the time you have. If you have lets say 30min play time a day, plan them well, figure out how you can get maximum profit out of 30min.
Let's say you for example have a sampire, why not place that sampire on atlantic in gauntlet/doom there are usually a lot of people there, so spend your'e 30min there, and logout there when your'e play time is up, eventually you get a drop. And if it's a halo, u just earned 100++ mill (not sure what the price is these days). Just don't spend your'e time farming keys for various stuff it's in general not worth it.
Mining is so not worth it, if you need ingots, buy them from scripters, because your'e wasting time you could have spend on getting more gold, and for that gold you could have bought 10 times or even more ingots that you would ever be able to mine in a lifetime.
T-mapping can fetch a lot of gold but you need to be super lucky, and only do fel, iish maps for the jackpot, and u need knowledge of what pvper's want and find valuable. (only do lvl 6++ maps)
Vendor Search is a gold mine, if you do some marked research, i make tons of gold using them daily for like 5-10min.
You can also dual shard narvey with 2xmystic chars wearing luck suits.. start shard A, do rocks thing,throw a lot of RC kill narvey..log on shard B do the same go to shard A, and then narvey is up again, rinse repeat.
And no you don't do narvey for the tangle, its just a bonus if it drops, you do narvey for her legendaries she sometimes drop.

To sum it all up, optimize the time you have, plan ahead on what nets you the most profit.
And the fun thing is you don't ever need to go to fel unless you really wanna do those fel t-maps, and it's all risk free.

Personally i have done all of the above with success, iv'e never done much peerless because in general they are not worth it, keys takes too long to get and drop rate is ****, and yet i have real crimsons on all my chars, lots of gold in the bank all my pets on my tamers are scrolls to max, heck even all my chars are scrolled to max also in stats and skills, and have nice suits.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On the plus side - it could be as exciting as hell, and if people could get over the initial shock, it could really take off.
+ Equality amongst new players and Vets.
+ A far stronger gaming system.
+ An entire Shard of pure Felucca ruleset.
+ A complete reset of a broken economic system.
+ More purpose for all types of forgotten templates.
+ Brand new, a whole world to re-explore as the game was originally meant to be. (Or as close as possible).
One of my favorite times in the history of UO was when Siege was born because of most of this. Seeing 10+ newbies (myself included) trying to kill an orc group outside of Skara was so much fun. I remember laughing so hard it hurt as we all died repeatedly to one orc mage, and having to run into town to get a res. The mad rush to save up enough gold to put a house down, people standing around the bank trying to sell stuff etc., etc. Then they wiped the shard and we got to do it all again. ;)

Some of the people you worked with to kill that orc mage later became big, bad PK's but it gave everyone a chance to work together and to get to know some players we'd never have thought to get to know based on "established" play styles. Watching guilds form in itself was pretty fun to watch!

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Except you are trying to force players to move to this server by giving trammel powerscrolls and suggesting to remove PvP altogether on current realms.
He's not forcing ANYONE. Everyone that would come to this hypothetical server would do so voluntarily.

On current servers, I can very easily run 3 clients and farm non-stop in various places, likely afk. If I were to do this on Cookie's shard, I'd run the risk of getting killed for it. Which is how it should be.

I've run across guys afk farming in Fel in the past. One in Blackthorn, in the Balron room. The other was in Hythloth, also killing Balrons. Both used 4 clients to do it. Do you know what happened to both of them? They were killed. Repeatedly. One guy got REALLY pissed about it, which only made me want to do it more. Well, that, and he had multiple Minax drops on him; at one point, I walked away with 72 turn-ins (although that wasn't the reason he was doing it. But it's still a nice bonus.)

On most servers, do you know why this is done in Tram? Because people can't kill them there. Yeah, they can lure in Tram, but it doesn't do anything when someone has 10 accounts to kill things instantly.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I get all my PvP needs on SFV and wouldn't use this shard at all.
But I thoroughly support this idea. Let the UO PvPers have their shard with fel ruleset, insurance, multiple characters and normal skill gain.
They would be quite happy with it, so what is the downside of this? Pretty much none.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This idea would have worked like 8-10 yrs ago. Now itll just spread the people thinner since the population is low.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How is removing PvP from every current server not forcing anyone that wants to PvP to switch servers?
You tell others to move from dead shards even tho they are not. Now you don't want to change shards even tho they will be dead according to you.

Your own medicine does not taste so good? :pie:

StarstrukK

Adventurer
You tell others to move from dead shards even tho they are not. Now you don't want to change shards even tho they will be dead according to you.

Your own medicine does not taste so good? :pie:
lol keep trying to convince people to play lake superior because 10 whole people logged on yesterday!!!! And why would I want to leave Atlantic for a new server that will have even less players .

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol keep trying to convince people to play lake superior because 10 whole people logged on yesterday!!!!
Keep living in your

upload_2018-4-30_17-3-43.png

Come on back and visit us. We will drive you away again.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why should I have to?

I've been a paying customer who has supported the game, and never supported cheating.

(I always saw that as cheating).
But it's okay to force your playstyle on me and those like me? I already stated I'm all for a PvP only shard. what more do you want?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Splitting realms between PVP and not PVP is the worst thing ever... why? because it splits the population and gives no real advantages to the game...

Want to PVP everywhere? add a PVP flag that changes the rewards/loot/etc... when you do something with the flag ON you get better loot, better quality items, etc... of course we need a cooldown of 5+ minutes when you toggle the flag before it turns off (and resets everytime you attack/get attacked). This would bring a better risk vs reward system than currently is. Right now there are 0 incentive for PVP, you are just forced to do it for some marginal activities (that can totally be avoided if you have enough gold to buy what you need) :/

Best thing would be:
- you want to avoid PVP? ok, you get a reward based on the PVM challenge (on a champion spawn you could get up to a 110 scroll).
- you want to PVP? you get a reward based on the PVM challenge + a bonus for every player you defeat.

This way you can play safe or if you PVP you have an incentive on having others chellenging you :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Splitting realms between PVP and not PVP is the worst thing ever... why? because it splits the population and gives no real advantages to the game...

Want to PVP everywhere? add a PVP flag that changes the rewards/loot/etc... when you do something with the flag ON you get better loot, better quality items, etc... of course we need a cooldown of 5+ minutes when you toggle the flag before it turns off (and resets everytime you attack/get attacked). This would bring a better risk vs reward system than currently is. Right now there are 0 incentive for PVP, you are just forced to do it for some marginal activities (that can totally be avoided if you have enough gold to buy what you need) :/

Best thing would be:
- you want to avoid PVP? ok, you get a reward based on the PVM challenge (on a champion spawn you could get up to a 110 scroll).
- you want to PVP? you get a reward based on the PVM challenge + a bonus for every player you defeat.

This way you can play safe or if you PVP you have an incentive on having others chellenging you :D
Again I disagree why promote antisocial behavior... Keep them separate build a separate shard... and focus on rewards for the action... give special rewards that are more PvP oriented for things titles for one... like I suggested in another shard instead of bounties of cutting corpses have certificates of kills... Kill a red get a certificate with that Reds name on it... maybe have a turn in reward system built in with that... the more Kills the Red has the more that certificate is worth in turn in points... However, this can be exploited so there would need to be stipulations to that such as you can't earn kill points in a secure location like a house...they can only be given in "dangerous" locations like Dungeons and spawns...

There are many things that could be done to promote PvP and make it more fun without trying to lure sheeple... If things were added to make it more enjoyable and fun and fair I think more people would participate... but as I also stated before IMO Most PvP leads only to DRAMA which most of us could do without.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again I disagree why promote antisocial behavior... Keep them separate build a separate shard... and focus on rewards for the action... give special rewards that are more PvP oriented for things titles for one... like I suggested in another shard instead of bounties of cutting corpses have certificates of kills... Kill a red get a certificate with that Reds name on it... maybe have a turn in reward system built in with that... the more Kills the Red has the more that certificate is worth in turn in points... However, this can be exploited so there would need to be stipulations to that such as you can't earn kill points in a secure location like a house...they can only be given in "dangerous" locations like Dungeons and spawns...

There are many things that could be done to promote PvP and make it more fun without trying to lure sheeple... If things were added to make it more enjoyable and fun and fair I think more people would participate... but as I also stated before IMO Most PvP leads only to DRAMA which most of us could do without.
the real problem goes deeper than that... there is no real end game activity right now and many people just PVP to fight the boredom that comes from being fully geared and skilled and having nothing else to do...

As for PVM right now you can solo everything, there is not even the need to bring friends (many people just multibox their way to what they can't solo), and besides the lack of challenges (when you're fully geared obv), there is also the lack of meaning. Same goes for PVP where you basically run around whacking random people and stealing their stuff just to say "I did it!", until it gets old and you're bored again...

The game has no main story to follow (except the one dictated by the EM, if you can play when they do), there is no real "cosmetic" rewards like mounts or pets or achievements that you can hold on to even after you stop playing (the stuff you get now is all going to be trashed the day you stop paying and lose your house), and even the mosters are static, always in the same place, no surprises no nothing.

You can make 20 realms PVP, non-PVP, medium-rare PVP, but the problem will just be dragged around and the few people still playing will be splitted even more. So giving the people a chance to choose IF and WHERE to PVP is a first step towards a more modern gameplay, giving a purpose to both playstyles (and even a mix of both) is another step, and the final (and most important) step is to give people a reason to play together.

For what I can see people play together only on EM events, but if someone has to pay to play in EM events, they could simply join a d&d group for free :D

The fact of giving PVP flagged people more loot was just an idea that you don't like because of how the game is structured right now, of course if you do all the spawn and a guy steal your work by killing you and the boss everything is pointless, in order for the system to work things should be more balanced... like if you start the champion spawn (PVP flag off) you are in your own instance with your own party, if another one starts the champion in PVP mode and he and his party dies the spawn resets (unless you kick out the attackers in a certain amount of time) and the other group has to start over.
Except for the champion spawns, the rest is already like that on Felucca (higher chances of artifacts, more fame/karma on kill, extra resources when mine/lumberjack), so the flag would simply give you a choice to do the same thing outside of Felucca.

As for PVP activities, the bounties could work but they would be another farming activity to do in solo, I would see better stuff like city wars where groups of people fight each other with some strategy instead where you would gain some reward related to the city you're loyal to :D

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the real problem goes deeper than that... there is no real end game activity right now and many people just PVP to fight the boredom that comes from being fully geared and skilled and having nothing else to do...

PvP IS the Endgame, this is where you just don't comprehend. Everything else up until that moment, was just preparation. But I get that some people don't like to PvP, ultimately, yes they are going to sit around bored. On one hand, can't live with the drama, on the other hand, life is dull without it. This is where it all happens.

As for PVM right now you can solo everything, there is not even the need to bring friends (many people just multibox their way to what they can't solo), and besides the lack of challenges (when you're fully geared obv), there is also the lack of meaning. Same goes for PVP where you basically run around whacking random people and stealing their stuff just to say "I did it!", until it gets old and you're bored again...

Again, this is a Trammel created issue, we don't have this in Felucca. Trammel has made the game too easy to "finish", so you sit around bored. In Felucca, we still have a lot of meaning and huge amount of fun trying to take or complete objectives. Again, only last night, we had a superb team fight that everyone came away from smiling - we also "won" the Abyssal Lair spawn, after a huge amount of teamwork - again it was different, because we chose a different setting for the fight, which led to a whole different terrain to try and win in.

The game has no main story to follow (except the one dictated by the EM, if you can play when they do), there is no real "cosmetic" rewards like mounts or pets or achievements that you can hold on to even after you stop playing (the stuff you get now is all going to be trashed the day you stop paying and lose your house), and even the mosters are static, always in the same place, no surprises no nothing.

You make your own story. Again, Player Drama, Player Justice, the battle for Resources and Objectives - this is all part of the Story. Again, you seem to be missing the point of the entire game. And this is again, one of my bugbears, Trammies don't even understand the game. The closest Players to the PvPers who do - are the Roleplayers.

You can make 20 realms PVP, non-PVP, medium-rare PVP, but the problem will just be dragged around and the few people still playing will be splitted even more. So giving the people a chance to choose IF and WHERE to PVP is a first step towards a more modern gameplay, giving a purpose to both playstyles (and even a mix of both) is another step, and the final (and most important) step is to give people a reason to play together.

I completely disagree. Giving people this sort of choice... This completely restricts the entire concept behind the game, and real life. Justice and the ability to create your own storyline and live as you see fit. The second you start giving this sort of "choice" - you are in fact straitjacketing, and controlling, in the guise of "choice". It will lose the point of the game. Like Trammel already has, but you just cannot see.

For what I can see people play together only on EM events, but if someone has to pay to play in EM events, they could simply join a d&d group for free :D

Again, Incorrect, we have more people playing each night in Felucca, than EM events very often. The last EM event on our shard, was very very well done, and yes he surpassed us. But we recognise most of the players at EM events, as Feluccan PvPers.

The fact of giving PVP flagged people more loot was just an idea that you don't like because of how the game is structured right now, of course if you do all the spawn and a guy steal your work by killing you and the boss everything is pointless, in order for the system to work things should be more balanced... like if you start the champion spawn (PVP flag off) you are in your own instance with your own party, if another one starts the champion in PVP mode and he and his party dies the spawn resets (unless you kick out the attackers in a certain amount of time) and the other group has to start over.
Except for the champion spawns, the rest is already like that on Felucca (higher chances of artifacts, more fame/karma on kill, extra resources when mine/lumberjack), so the flag would simply give you a choice to do the same thing outside of Felucca.

"Choice" in your sense of the word = Restrict Freedom. Is it ok to do a boss and it kills you? The answer to that is probably yes. Except the boss never kills you, because it is too easy, or because they cannot make NPC's as clever as a human player. The point is, you need to face a real challenge, not just some pixles going through a subroutine to feel you have achieved something. If you kill a boss and achieve an objective in the face of everything, that offers far more fulfilment. Yesterday, we had a running battle, with the Abyssal Inferno and all his spawn after us, as well as a PK guild. We could not control it, but we managed it the best we could, with some very fun teamwork.

As for PVP activities, the bounties could work but they would be another farming activity to do in solo, I would see better stuff like city wars where groups of people fight each other with some strategy instead where you would gain some reward related to the city you're loyal to :D

There you go.

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of what UO even represents to a PvPer.

You think like a PvMer, which is fine, but don't try and tailor the game for us, you don't have the thought process.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What more could he ask for? Having all 3 of those characters on the same account would be a start. Then having normal skill gains like the rest of Ultima has come to know. Lastly one could ask for insurance in a heavily item based game.

Siege isn't for everyone. It's a completely different game than the one we play. If you and others can make it work, more power to you, but it's not the same as we know.
SP is to hard for the care bear Prodo shard PKers, sorry ment PvPers, LOL