• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Felucca only shard.

Who would be interested?

• Yes, this is only an expression of Interest for the Devs to see.

Votes: 35 92.1%
  • and Yes, not interested if there are any negative responses, this isn't for you.

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll be honest, I'm tired of hearing Trammies whining all day long about Felucca, non-consensual PvP and Powerscrolls.

I'm tired of doing all the work, creating all the activity, and feeding these fat cats who take no risk, and gain all the rewards, I shouldn't have to play alongside them.

Developers, please give them everything they want - give them powerscrolls, remove PvP, make them safe, give them all free EM rewards - you have up to now anyway to be fair. Hence why we are in this mess.

In return - I think it's time we went for a proper Felucca only shard push.

This shard would be the middle way. It would have all land masses with Felucca rules. You would have 7 characters, everything would be the same, except it would only be 1 facet - Felucca.

It would not be Trammel, it would not be Siege/Mugen (which I have great respect for, but have not been able to motivate myself to go there).

I would like to suggest we start completely from scratch, with no transferring on or off of anything at all. All of us Feluccans are quite capable of creating new characters fast, it would be new, exciting, and real. New players would start at exactly the same point as Vets if they wanted non-consensual PvP, or to play on a shard with a proper risk v reward ruleset. It would be a complete reset of the economy and not have negative Trammel influences. There would be true equality.

Reds/Thieves would have more purpose. Crafters would have more purpose. Every player style would have more purpose. Multi-boxing, script farming could be managed by the players.

Who would be interested?
If you have anything against this, you don't need to post, this is really for those who would be interested.
If I have missed anything that would positively enhance this concept, go for it.

*I give due credit to Mervyn for this idea*
**I have tried to enhance the existing game in a better direction, but I now see that Trammel and Feluccan style players cannot co-exist - too much inequality stems from Trammel against Feluccan players, it is enough now**

Last edited:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So Tammies are Care bears but Siege is too hard for you ?? I asked in another thread why Siege is so empty Is it one character only ? the skill gain system ?? If you could take one Character and transfer one way to Seige would you go then ? (on a side note i remember one time there was a bug and i saw Seige as an option when doing a transfer..)

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love this idea. It would end all the crying from the 2% that PvP.
Also make the 1 house per account rule apply so they really have to decide where they want to play.
PLEASE DO THIS Devs!!!!!
I personally would be happy with this suggestion.

I'll take this as a positive comment to enhance the original suggestion.

Thank you.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm definitely interested in a shard like this.

So Tammies are Care bears but Siege is too hard for you ?? I asked in another thread why Siege is so empty Is it one character only ? the skill gain system ?? If you could take one Character and transfer one way to Seige would you go then ? (on a side note i remember one time there was a bug and i saw Seige as an option when doing a transfer..)
It's not that Siege is too hard. One character slot is pretty much it, I'm sure...and I think most of the pvp chars are stealthers? I, for one, have no interest in fighting a bunch of characters that will run and hide the moment you flag on them.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Tracking??.... I don't want to sound inflammatory but it seems that what all the PVP people want is there already yet its empty...[/QUOTE]

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a character on Siege. I love that shard.

As a working adult with kids, I do not have the time to maintain a Siege character, and a production shard character, and all my friends of the last 20 odd years are on Europa, I have found it impossible to move for real.

I accept Siege is too hard-core for me.

I would like to thank the Siege players that have taken the time out to help me, and give me advice on joining their shard, it was appreciated.
They understood my unhappiness with the current production shard scenario and tried to give me a way out.

• The 1 character thing is an issue yes, I like to play various styles - I accept you can buy 50 soul-stones, I have this on Europa, but it becomes so much hassle to keep switching all those skills around.
  • I also do not understand the Skill gain system. It has been explained perfectly to me, but I have so far failed to really get it, or like it.
  • I don't truly see how no Insurance - and such high end Itemised PvM loot really go together in a good way. But I respect the No Insurance part.
  • Siege has many little quirks, that make it awesome, and there are those who love it, and I don't blame them, but it's not what I'm used to.

Ultimately, I started UO under the original rule-set, and I would like to play that rule-set as close as possible, but without the failures inbuilt from the Trammel system.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have a character on Siege. I love that shard.

As a working adult with kids, I do not have the time to maintain a Siege character, and a production shard character, and all my friends of the last 20 odd years are on Europa, I have found it impossible to move for real.

I accept Siege is too hard-core for me.

I would like to thank the Siege players that have taken the time out to help me, and give me advice on joining their shard, it was appreciated.
They understood my unhappiness with the current production shard scenario and tried to give me a way out.

• The 1 character thing is an issue yes, I like to play various styles - I accept you can buy 50 soul-stones, I have this on Europa, but it becomes so much hassle to keep switching all those skills around.
  • I also do not understand the Skill gain system. It has been explained perfectly to me, but I have so far failed to really get it, or like it.
  • I don't truly see how no Insurance - and such high end Itemised PvM loot really go together in a good way. But I respect the No Insurance part.
  • Siege has many little quirks, that make it awesome, and there are those who love it, and I don't blame them, but it's not what I'm used to.

Ultimately, I started UO under the original rule-set, and I would like to play that rule-set as close as possible, but without the failures inbuilt from the Trammel system.
This is the best reply ever ! my question addressed no Smack talk etc and a clear response to what they feel is needed...

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tracking??.... I don't want to sound inflammatory but it seems that what all the PVP people want is there already yet its empty...
Why though? Even if you invest in it, it's not guaranteed iirc? If I played a parry mage on Siege, I'd be able to fit it (or detect hidden) no problem. But if I wanted to play a different type of mage (i.e. a Mystic/Weaving Mage), I wouldn't be able to fit either skill...at least, not without eventually losing the ability to do so (because I'd die eventually and the skill bonus items would be looted.)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But SP is the closest thing possible because there was no insurance back then and people didn't wear a bunch of LEET stuff, they used their skills not their equipment to defeat the other person.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Siege is not like a Fel Shard. Cant transfer there. You are confused.

I personally would be happy with this suggestion.

I'll take this as a positive comment to enhance the original suggestion.

Thank you.
It is positive. The Pvpers on LS have fun nightly. That's why we play. FUN

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Siege is not like a Fel Shard. Cant transfer there. You are confused.

It is positive. The Pvpers on LS have fun nightly. That's why we play. FUN

I understand you can not transfer to or from Seige IMO i think more players would farm scrolls there otherwise as its almost as empty as Origin ... I Said there was a BUG that had it showing in the transfer screen...

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would play that shard if it had current game content. Maybe i mis-understood. An all fel shard would mean no malas, tukuno, Ter-mur, illishnar and Tel-Mur including all the content that goes with those facets.
If it was a Fel rule-set shard over all the facets with insurance i would make char there the day it went live and prolly never leave.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel like this should have been added to the top... credibility was lost right there and would have saved some reading time lol :p

I was being genuine. :(

I believe it is his idea originally, I now believe it is one of the strongest concepts going having tried to debate on the forums regarding other concepts and failed.

I will push for this, but I cannot take credit for the original concept, even though in essence it was similar to many of the concepts I was aiming for.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would play that shard if it had current game content. Maybe i mis-understood. An all fel shard would mean no malas, tukuno, Ter-mur, illishnar and Tel-Mur including all the content that goes with those facets.
If it was a Fel rule-set shard over all the facets with insurance i would make char there the day it went live and prolly never leave.
I meant all current game content, and I did state all Land Masses to be added and held within a Feluccan facet ruleset - ie Malas, Tokuno etc.

So I believe you are in. :)

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would also play a fel only shard IF it had insurance, regular skill gains and on an east coast server.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would also play a fel only shard IF it had insurance, regular skill gains and on an east coast server.
Yes to Insurance.
Yes to regular skill gains.
Yes to everything that is on a normal production shard - Just Felucca ruleset only across all land masses and content.
Placing of Server unknown - I accept this could be an issue for some.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
As we said before, we don't believe anyone is against PvP-ers having fun with their playstyle. So while such a shard would be absolutely not for us, we do hope it will materialise, as it seems great for all sides of the discussion. And precisely what you need. Good luck with your push!

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But But But, who will be the select few pocketbooks on this shard. I want free stuff all day and not die. J/K Id love to put smackdown on Cookie's fake parry mages on this felucca only shard. :D

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As we said before, we don't believe anyone is against PvP-ers having fun with their playstyle. So while such a shard would be absolutely not for us, we do hope it will materialise, as it seems great for all sides of the discussion. And precisely what you need. Good luck with your push!
There is a good side to Trammel, and you guys (and girls) are it.

Greed has not affected you, and you remain a bastion of Light on such a dark facet.

Your attitudes are good, it shows through, I have always had a lot of respect for you all.

If I had any regrets about such an idea, it would be that we lose the likes of you, because you positively add to the mix.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But But But, who will be the select few pocketbooks on this shard. I want free stuff all day and not die. J/K Id love to put smackdown on Cookie's fake parry mages on this felucca only shard. :D

It would be my pleasure to destroy you. :)

And yes, I've failed to mention as one of the benefits, we could group all the like-minded players together.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll be honest, I'm tired of hearing Trammies whining all day long about Felucca, non-consensual PvP and Powerscrolls.
**I have tried to enhance the existing game in a better direction, but I now see that Trammel and Feluccan style players cannot co-exist - too much inequality stems from Trammel against Feluccan players, it is enough now**
I play the Europa shard aswell and I spend my time in both facets and all landmasses. I don't PvP, I suck at it, but I don't mind it. The last time I've been part of non-consensual PvP in Fel during my Fel PvM hunts / t-hunts was 7 years ago.

Now the only whining I see all day everyday in General chat on Europa are PvP players complaining about being dismounted, complaints about how the other party sucks if they lose a fight and the two main Fel / PS guilds on the shard going off about eachother regarding raided champ spawns.

I never see any of these so called "Trammies" whine about non-consensual PvP and I never see a single whine about PS or PS prices.

So if "Trammies" are a non-issue to my everyday life on Europa, I'd really like to know what your real motive for wanting a Fel only server would be. Is it because you always have to fight the same people? If so, why are you so negative about "Trammies"? Is it because they're an "easy group" to target if you're unhappy for whatever reason possible? If so, no matter how good you are at PvP, that's pretty pathetic.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play the Europa shard aswell and I spend my time in both facets and all landmasses. I don't PvP, I suck at it, but I don't mind it. The last time I've been part of non-consensual PvP in Fel during my Fel PvM hunts / t-hunts was 7 years ago.

Now the only whining I see all day everyday in General chat on Europa are PvP players complaining about being dismounted, complaints about how the other party sucks if they lose a fight and the two main Fel / PS guilds on the shard going off about eachother regarding raided champ spawns.

I never see any of these so called "Trammies" whine about non-consensual PvP and I never see a single whine about PS or PS prices.

So if "Trammies" are a non-issue to my everyday life on Europa, I'd really like to know what your real motive for wanting a Fel only server would be. Is it because you always have to fight the same people? If so, why are you so negative about "Trammies"? Is it because they're an "easy group" to target if you're unhappy for whatever reason possible? If so, no matter how good you are at PvP, that's pretty pathetic.
I'm not actually negative towards all Trammies. There are plenty with a good attitude who play the game in a good way.

But no matter how you look at it, for me, the system of Trammel has ruined the game.

Greed, corruption, rip-off merchants, EM events with 250m free items, scripters, multi-boxers, destroyed economy. The system has silently, or not so silently destroyed the game. Maybe I'm not completety against all the players themselves, although on these forums I must say I intensely dislike many of their attitudes and greed, half of what they say smacks of "give me this for free with no effort".

I'd like a reset of the game, back to a purer version of it, where good and evil, and player justice can occur - just like it was meant to be.
I'd like the economy to be reset back to a version that works, without the glaring unfairness of artifacts and items farmed risk free and for no effort tthrown into the mix.
On top of that, these items are higher level than what can be obtained in the full version of the game. It's just completely cock-eyed.

I'm not knocking the current version of the game at all, in fact it's not that bad at all, I obviously enjoy the game itself a lot.
But the actions of those playing in easy mode for so long and mixing those players with those playing in normal mode, have massively distorted the game and crippled it.

So, I'm not necessarily targeting people, I'm targeting a system.

I've never said people have to PvP, or be good at it. I also play a Crafter in Felucca. But it helps if everyone in the game is playing on an equal and level playing field.

So Trammies can have Trammel, because they like that, and Felucca should be completely separated into another shard, because I'm really not sure it can be mixed, without creating the mess it has done.

Last edited:

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I live in europa, and i do have pvp chars on siege, what kills the game for me on siege was the ping.
I did like the 1 char pr account, but the bless only 1 item thing killed alot in the sense that it made stealth chars super OP compared to other templates. Various stuff like not being able to shop was also a major turn down, list is quite long actually..lol

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I voted "yes" myself, though I'm not a PvP'er at all. One of the reasons I liked (and still play after 20 years) UO in the first place is that there's an "end game" for everyone. Some people like the player justice aspect, some people like the rush of a good pvp fight, some people like collecting things, some people want to acquire wealth, some people like making things, some people like decorating houses in incredibly imaginative ways, some people are character building junkies, and some people love just spending time with friends.

The only thing I do not like is the attitude of some that feel their play style and what they want is the only way to play and belittle those that play a different way.

Personally, I play because this game gives me a chance to relax and escape from the intense pressures of my life and many times just whacking a shovel against a mountain for several hours is that cathartic release I need to be able to sleep. The last thing I want is a pvp fight. ;)

That all being said, I support other play styles that I don't indulge in and have friends who PK, pvp, who are decorators, merchants and craftsmen. I'd like to see them all happy and to see UO actually GROW for a change. If a fel only shard would do that, then, awesome. I'd probably even make a character there and stop by now and then to say hi to some friends or to marvel at how much I suck at pvp. ;)

Good luck!

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards

I'm tired of doing all the work, creating all the activity, and feeding these fat cats who take no risk, and gain all the rewards, I shouldn't have to play alongside them.

Developers, please give them everything they want - give them powerscrolls, remove PvP, make them safe, give them all free EM rewards - you have up to now anyway to be fair. Hence why we are in this mess.

In return - I think it's time we went for a proper Felucca only shard push.

This shard would be the middle way. It would have all land masses with Felucca rules. You would have 7 characters, everything would be the same, except it would only be 1 facet - Felucca.

It would not be Trammel, it would not be Siege/Mugen (which I have great respect for, but have not been able to motivate myself to go there).

I would like to suggest we start completely from scratch, with no transferring on or off of anything at all. All of us Feluccans are quite capable of creating new characters fast, it would be new, exciting, and real. New players would start at exactly the same point as Vets if they wanted non-consensual PvP, or to play on a shard with a proper risk v reward ruleset. It would be a complete reset of the economy and not have negative Trammel influences. There would be true equality.

Reds/Thieves would have more purpose. Crafters would have more purpose. Every player style would have more purpose. Multi-boxing, script farming could be managed by the players.

Who would be interested?
If you have anything against this, you don't need to post, this is really for those who would be interested.
If I have missed anything that would positively enhance this concept, go for it.

*I give due credit to Mervyn for this idea*
Now, why would they make a shard that is nothing but Felucca ruleset when they have Siege? You can play any character there, I have access to four. You can have any house there, I have three, one is a 18x18 in the best mining area there is, one is a luna vendor house, the 3rd is a garden plot within the borders of the GIL Guild township. I have a super crafter, a scribe bard, a tamer mage and an archer chiv, what more could you ask for in that world you asking for when it already exists?

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now, why would they make a shard that is nothing but Felucca ruleset when they have Siege? You can play any character there, I have access to four. You can have any house there, I have three, one is a 18x18 in the best mining area there is, one is a luna vendor house, the 3rd is a garden plot within the borders of the GIL Guild township. I have a super crafter, a scribe bard, a tamer mage and an archer chiv, what more could you ask for in that world you asking for when it already exists?
What more could he ask for? Having all 3 of those characters on the same account would be a start. Then having normal skill gains like the rest of Ultima has come to know. Lastly one could ask for insurance in a heavily item based game.

Siege isn't for everyone. It's a completely different game than the one we play. If you and others can make it work, more power to you, but it's not the same as we know.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I love this idea. It would end all the crying from the 2% that PvP.

Also make the 1 house per account rule apply so they really have to decide where they want to play.

PLEASE DO THIS Devs!!!!!
This seems like such a backhanded agreement.

If there's only 2% pvping why does the other 98% have such problems with the content in fel?

Wolf

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I think this is a good idea that makes the PvP system more familiar to players that have potentionally only played newer MMOs. A fresh start when new players have to compete with players that have been established for 20 years on their server would make for more competition as well, and I believe the economy functions much better with Felucca rules

In addition, it doesn't affect any of the players who may not want the change, because all they have to do is not play on the server

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You CAN...but at what cost? You need multiple accounts or a crapload of soulstones to make it work. With EJ the accounts aren't an issue, but the soulstones are, no matter what (well, Vet Rewards are an option, but it takes a year to get new choices.) Another problem: Suits/stats. The suit/stats I would use on my parry mage is different than one I would use on, say, a mystic/weaver. The parry mage is tailored for 80 dex (after an agility pot), while I only run 10 dex when I play a mystic/weaver. I also use them for different things. Mystic/weaver is specifically used for spawn fighting/grinders, and more effective in the role than my parry mage.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Slow skill gain and character limitations is the generally the reason I avoid it.

GSG can be okay for players that play frequently but it is hard for casual players to get on board since they spend all the time waiting for skills.

Otherwise the rest was fine.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this is a good idea that makes the PvP system more familiar to players that have potentionally only played newer MMOs. A fresh start when new players have to compete with players that have been established for 20 years on their server would make for more competition as well, and I believe the economy functions much better with Felucca rules

In addition, it doesn't affect any of the players who may not want the change, because all they have to do is not play on the server

Well said.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Not a bad idea. But would risk of having one more dead shard? Not sure until that is done..but probably not much to lose other than some Dev time?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd be all for it and would move there. although i cannot PvP, I am used to my playstyle while avoiding those who can PvP. They will need dedicated crafters after all.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not a bad idea. But would risk of having one more dead shard? Not sure until that is done..but probably not much to lose other than some Dev time?
I can see it being a fairly active Shard, the ATL PvPer's would be there, and Crafters not afraid of a little wound as well.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I'd be all for it and would move there. although i cannot PvP, I am used to my playstyle while avoiding those who can PvP. They will need dedicated crafters after all.
Cool..And what would the reasons be for you to move there if you do not PVP, as opposed to staying where you are now and still go to Fel for Fel content? I mean what would the benefits be for you specifically? Appreciate the info if you can list them?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cool..And what would the reasons be for you to move there if you do not PVP, as opposed to staying where you are now and still go to Fel for Fel content? I mean what would the benefits be for you specifically? Appreciate the info if you can list them?
Where i play, there is only fel content.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So Tammies are Care bears but Siege is too hard for you ??
The PvPer's don't want to admit it, but they are the Care Bear Cousins. A bit wilder than the Care Bears, but when it comes down to it, they suffer the same perceived character flaws they accuse the PvM folks of having.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Ahhh.. I see.. That is a really tough system : You will benefit from insurance, and better skill gains etc. So you are correct.
Side question about Siege: Can you own a house on siege AND get a new house in a regular shard like ATL? Doe the one house per account still apply across all shards including Siege? If you make a house on Siege will your house in ATL decay? Ty for info..

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahhh.. I see.. That is a really tough system : You will benefit from insurance, and better skill gains etc. So you are correct.
It's not tough, I have played there since the beginning and have learned the ins and outs of it. i just see this as a new challenge to accept and try.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Side question about Siege: Can you own a house on siege AND get a new house in a regular shard like ATL? Doe the one house per account still apply across all shards including Siege? If you make a house on Siege will your house in ATL decay? Ty for info..
Yes you can own a house on Siege and on any other Prodo shard. You can have a Siege house and a house on Atl... but only 1 on each per account.

Your welcome.

Also, I'd be all for the Fel only shard if it would free up other shards from having to deal with all the PvP drama. But really I rather doubt that would ever happen... but best of luck to you.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pvpers need Pvmers and both need crafters. That's a known fact. Opening a non transferable shard would reset the economy for that shard and make each and every template valuable for years.