• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fel REVIVE

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It's not that it gets that much interest... It's that it gets such debate... And it's the same debate over and over and over again...

Wha!!!!! There is no one in FEL! No one is PvPing with me!! WHA!!!!! Make more stuff here so people will come here and I can kill them! I'm bored because I don't want to do anything you put in game all i want to do is kill people in FEL and no one wants to come here and get killed by me... Booo Hooo.

I'm sorry but how can you make killing people more exciting and enjoyable? How about you try to figure that out and stop trying to get people like me to go there.

Why don't you all go dress in regular GM armor and battle with no insurance just like the old days... Mages can wear nothing but plain leather armor and they must carry regs that Thieves can steal..... and if you all do it then guess what?! You'll all have something new and challenging. And if you build your template round that...... and get like minded people to work with you at it .... then it'll be JUST like the old days... except without the lambs.

IT's like the guy crying about how fighting MOBs in Trammel and such is too easy.... well of course it is..... If you use every uber piece of gear you can get and max out every weapon you can and have every advantage in the game of course it's going to be easy.... So if you wanted to challenge yourself then don't do all that and put on a GM crafted suit with no mods and give yourself a regular GM weapon and go down and try to kill a shadow wyrm....... See how easy that is...

And as for the snide comment about so what if punks are in Gen Chat talking trash..... well excuse me for not wanting to listen to it.... and excuse me if I'd rather young new and returning players didn't have to listen to it and could get some genuine help without being subjected to a bashing because some Fel punk wants to scream cheater for the next 30 min... in gen chat and make threats and accusations and doesn't want to stop so someone can help someone else. So the new/returning player just gets fed up and remembers why he quit this game or decides the game sucks because he can't get any help. And that one person.... tells 10 people that the game sucks.... and those 10 people tell 10 people that the game sucks....
This is a false syllogism and even when it's pointed out that you blatantly contradict yourself you carry on the same rinse and repeat cycle of generalizations and fallacies.

Applying irrational "solutions" to reasonable requests only makes what you say less credible and also what we call trolling.

Even from here your response is predictable, and no it's not because your play style or opinion isn't the same, it's because you choose to ignore previous comments and carry on irrationally.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
They added Trammel and Felucca emptied out so fast there was a sonic boom. This mythical time when Fel had more than a tiny minority of players in it never existed.
I like you how you take this thread and apply none of it to your response.

Go troll somewhere else.

PurplePotion

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Actually Fel still had a decent player population after Trammel settled down. Sure it was barren for the first year, but I remember the insanity of power scrolls. And neither Trammel or Fel contributed to the decline of the game, at least not in any huge way.. A little thing called options and progress are the real culprits. Back when UO was in its prime, it was either UO, EQ or AC were the big names around town. Now fast forward to 2003-2004 and BOOM they are releasing advanced graphics mmo's. UO scrapped plans for progress and decided to stay with what they knew. These options and the dated graphics, wildly huge learning curve and high sub fee are what lead to UO's decline. EQ started declining around the same time. (Obviously still love UO but I'll still call a spade a spade.)

Instead of casting blame, trolling, and generally hating on each other, why don't we enjoy the time we have left.

...and what if people who come to these forums looking for a new or different game, or to even return to this game, and actually see a forum full of people sharing ideas and working to make the game better. Wouldn't that entice them more than the drama that is prevalent in every other mmo?

NAW WE DONT WANT THAT! DEATH TO THE PKS! DEATH TO THE TRAMMIES!

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Actually Fel still had a decent player population after Trammel settled down. Sure it was barren for the first year, but I remember the insanity of power scrolls. And neither Trammel or Fel contributed to the decline of the game, at least not in any huge way.. A little thing called options and progress are the real culprits. Back when UO was in its prime, it was either UO, EQ or AC were the big names around town. Now fast forward to 2003-2004 and BOOM they are releasing advanced graphics mmo's. UO scrapped plans for progress and decided to stay with what they knew. These options and the dated graphics, wildly huge learning curve and high sub fee are what lead to UO's decline. EQ started declining around the same time. (Obviously still love UO but I'll still call a spade a spade.)

Instead of casting blame, trolling, and generally hating on each other, why don't we enjoy the time we have left.

...and what if people who come to these forums looking for a new or different game, or to even return to this game, and actually see a forum full of people sharing ideas and working to make the game better. Wouldn't that entice them more than the drama that is prevalent in every other mmo?

NAW WE DONT WANT THAT! DEATH TO THE PKS! DEATH TO THE TRAMMIES!
This is true, when you only add content once every 10 years it tends to leave a big desire when the other part is continuously being fed.

I recall when Pheonix tried revamping factions and it was probably the furthest thing away from what we wanted. Points for healing and stealth, laggy bases that were impossible to defend etc.

Suddenly after all the pvpers gave them the feedback it had coming it was scrapped without a word and no other content was talked about for years.

Then in comes mesanna who I believe attempted to work on factions but ended up putting the nail in the coffin.

Now with VVV we have the design to hVe small battles over pixel crack but the thing is designing a system around items isn't sustainable.

They'd have to tweak it to take the center off items and move it towards town buffs and capturing cities like factions.

Other option is to put a new champ in of sorts to raid and defend (people who don't pvp need not worry about participating or worry they're not getting pixel crack).

One of the biggest things around pvp is bragging rights which was kind of captured in VVV but just isn't the same.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still think the best alternative would be to put VVV in tram...move champ spawns to tram ( but make it only VVV members can participate)....then leave fel to be what it basically is now.....a housing shard for everyone's warehouses.

There is no reason why fel and tram rule sets cant co-exist on one facet, and getting more players playing in the same physical area is a win win for everyone. There are virtually no reds left anymore anyway ( accept those used for justice gains)

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is my perception and forgive me for painting 'everyone' in broad brush strokes but I'm speaking about the majority of what I see.

Providing a 'reward' exclusive to fel is fools gold for a long term fix to actual revitilization. Any derivation of this is basically saying 'we want to bait sheep to the encounter so we can slaughter them'. The people going for the reward don't want PvP - they want the reward. To deal with PK's then is not what they are looking for or enjoy. Any system like this fails once people achieve enough of the reward (champ scrolls etc).

I would argue that most of the fel crowd doesn't actually want to PvP because they whole PvP fighting rings are largely unused. PvPers don't want to fight others, they want innocents to harass. Someone easy to kill to boast about it. The problem is (because of #1 above) they don't want to be there and will avoid being a sheep if they have the choice.

The fel playstyle is really a failed experiment since tram came along. Tram basically saved the game by giving a place people can go and adventure without being harassed every step of the way. The idea of 'player justice' was always is misnomer because what do you do when you are outmatched and harassed? Its the classic 'bully' syndrome of any grade school. Everyone would love to stand up to the bully but its hard because the bully is some big overweight limited intelligence moron that can always physciall overpower you. Same goes here - the people at the top end of PvP can be as much of a d-bag as they want because they have overpowered gear, sometimes cheats and scripts, and an overwhelming advantage. I don't mind trying to fight back but when I'm disarmed, para, flamestrike to death sometimes before I even realize I'm in a fight its really not much of match.

If people really wanted to PvP with other people who want to PvP - it can be found on any shard. The problem is people want unsuspecting victims to slaughter and thats not a fun playstyle for anyone.

GIve the 'sheep' some sort of reward and maybe they would be interested. Get killed in PvP and get rezed with full gear and no insurance cost in a tram town. That makes it a little less like harassment.

At any rate any 'baiting' of players to fel to be willing slaughter is not something that anyone in tram wants.

The whole 'self policing' system is a failure. If you get killed in fel and your character gets 24 hour stat loss or has to log out for 24 hours and maybe people would band together to kill some unruly murderer. However, as it stand he can be some general chat blowhard and if you kill him, he rezzes and comes back again and again and again so there is really no reason to provide any player justice. There is no justice. They just come back 30 seconds later and scream 'you all suck, it took 6 vs 1 to kill me blah blah blah'. I always find that commical because it basically means 'you found 6 people who hate me and I coudln't find a friend'.

At any rate I generally turn off gen chat and play the game solo anymore.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Here is my perception and forgive me for painting 'everyone' in broad brush strokes but I'm speaking about the majority of what I see.

Providing a 'reward' exclusive to fel is fools gold for a long term fix to actual revitilization. Any derivation of this is basically saying 'we want to bait sheep to the encounter so we can slaughter them'. The people going for the reward don't want PvP - they want the reward. To deal with PK's then is not what they are looking for or enjoy. Any system like this fails once people achieve enough of the reward (champ scrolls etc).

I would argue that most of the fel crowd doesn't actually want to PvP because they whole PvP fighting rings are largely unused. PvPers don't want to fight others, they want innocents to harass. Someone easy to kill to boast about it. The problem is (because of #1 above) they don't want to be there and will avoid being a sheep if they have the choice.

The fel playstyle is really a failed experiment since tram came along. Tram basically saved the game by giving a place people can go and adventure without being harassed every step of the way. The idea of 'player justice' was always is misnomer because what do you do when you are outmatched and harassed? Its the classic 'bully' syndrome of any grade school. Everyone would love to stand up to the bully but its hard because the bully is some big overweight limited intelligence moron that can always physciall overpower you. Same goes here - the people at the top end of PvP can be as much of a d-bag as they want because they have overpowered gear, sometimes cheats and scripts, and an overwhelming advantage. I don't mind trying to fight back but when I'm disarmed, para, flamestrike to death sometimes before I even realize I'm in a fight its really not much of match.

If people really wanted to PvP with other people who want to PvP - it can be found on any shard. The problem is people want unsuspecting victims to slaughter and thats not a fun playstyle for anyone.

GIve the 'sheep' some sort of reward and maybe they would be interested. Get killed in PvP and get rezed with full gear and no insurance cost in a tram town. That makes it a little less like harassment.

At any rate any 'baiting' of players to fel to be willing slaughter is not something that anyone in tram wants.

The whole 'self policing' system is a failure. If you get killed in fel and your character gets 24 hour stat loss or has to log out for 24 hours and maybe people would band together to kill some unruly murderer. However, as it stand he can be some general chat blowhard and if you kill him, he rezzes and comes back again and again and again so there is really no reason to provide any player justice. There is no justice. They just come back 30 seconds later and scream 'you all suck, it took 6 vs 1 to kill me blah blah blah'. I always find that commical because it basically means 'you found 6 people who hate me and I coudln't find a friend'.

At any rate I generally turn off gen chat and play the game solo anymore.

So you're telling us that all we have to do is fight each other because it's found on any shard.

Just a couple things:

There isn't pvp on just any shard.

Sure there are arenas but those are limited.

Your whole argument is equivalent of me telling you well you guys have a couple of dungeons and all you have to do is play in them.

Yet they have spent a great deal of resources revamping and adding content.

Why do you suppose that is?

Could it be that people require more than the same thing everyday for years to sustain interest?

In comparison to content and longevity, PVP is much lower maintenance than pvm.

no one wants to grind the same monster over and over, much like we don't want to pvp in the same scenario over and over but we
Continued to do so despite lack of development and arguably the things pvpers wanted for most of it was some bug fixes and balancing.

But interesting enough every time a thread pops up its the same argument (and insults) from people this doesn't even affect.

So feel free to express your opinion elsewhere because this clearly doesn't even affect you if you're playing solo with chat off.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So you're telling us that all we have to do is fight each other because it's found on any shard.

Just a couple things:

There isn't pvp on just any shard.

Sure there are arenas but those are limited.

Your whole argument is equivalent of me telling you well you guys have a couple of dungeons and all you have to do is play in them.

Yet they have spent a great deal of resources revamping and adding content.

Why do you suppose that is?

Could it be that people require more than the same thing everyday for years to sustain interest?

In comparison to content and longevity, PVP is much lower maintenance than pvm.

no one wants to grind the same monster over and over, much like we don't want to pvp in the same scenario over and over but we
Continued to do so despite lack of development and arguably the things pvpers wanted for most of it was some bug fixes and balancing.

But interesting enough every time a thread pops up its the same argument (and insults) from people this doesn't even affect.

So feel free to express your opinion elsewhere because this clearly doesn't even affect you if you're playing solo with chat off.
That was why RPPvP was so much fun. It had purpose. It wasn't the same fight over and over and over again. There were consequences to it most often. But it had rules which made it fun for the sheep as it was for the PvPers and at the time years ago when there were many RP guilds doing many RP things it was always there.

Back when RP had many guilds anyone in GL's RP knew that the Highland Guard was in Minoc but patrolled the Cities mostly Skara Brae because there were often Orcs or URKs hanging out around the bank harassing anyone who visited the bank demanding "shinnies" and they would attempt to arrest them which would bring a fight.... and it was every "good" RPer against the nasty Orcses and it was all day every day and it was fun. No one really lost and no one really won sometimes someone would go to jail and then their buds would come and try to break them out of jail by attacking the guards... etc...

It had meaning and it was an outlet for PvP but at the same time it was "safe". You knew you wouldn't be looted. You gathered your stuff in freedom without worry about being Rez killed again and again and you went and took your 15 min time out like an adult. After 15 min if the fight was still on you rejoined your side and that was it. Sure there was some crying of boohoo I lost you cheated on occasion but it was handled by the leaders of the guilds who dealt with it and if need be threw offenders out of the guild or sent them to a time out.

But those sort of things have been fewer and farther between for RPers as well.... now fights get scheduled and folk get bored just like in Fel. You can only get kidnapped so many times before it becomes boring. You can only be on the losing side of RP so many times before you just don't want to do it anymore. And also if you are in a big RP guild that dominates the PvP aspect that too gets boring when you roll in 15 to 3 and the battle takes longer to get all geared up and ready for than it does to fight it.

But those days too have been gone for some time. Sure there are still RP battles from time to time.... but nothing like they were 10 years ago. But then there aren't that many players anymore. Maybe Atl might still have some of that... but most shards don't. Some shards have the problem of too many evil characters and not enough good guys to really make a fight and other shards might have a whole host of good guys and no one to oppose them.

So it's not all about Fel either. But I don't see bringing VvV to Tram as an answer. I see that as yet another way to drive more players away from UO. Bring the flame on but I see it as another way to grief players and community and to cause trouble and get sheep to accidentally flag so they can be slaughtered by exploiting the cracks in the system.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
That was why RPPvP was so much fun. It had purpose. It wasn't the same fight over and over and over again. There were consequences to it most often. But it had rules which made it fun for the sheep as it was for the PvPers and at the time years ago when there were many RP guilds doing many RP things it was always there.

Back when RP had many guilds anyone in GL's RP knew that the Highland Guard was in Minoc but patrolled the Cities mostly Skara Brae because there were often Orcs or URKs hanging out around the bank harassing anyone who visited the bank demanding "shinnies" and they would attempt to arrest them which would bring a fight.... and it was every "good" RPer against the nasty Orcses and it was all day every day and it was fun. No one really lost and no one really won sometimes someone would go to jail and then their buds would come and try to break them out of jail by attacking the guards... etc...

It had meaning and it was an outlet for PvP but at the same time it was "safe". You knew you wouldn't be looted. You gathered your stuff in freedom without worry about being Rez killed again and again and you went and took your 15 min time out like an adult. After 15 min if the fight was still on you rejoined your side and that was it. Sure there was some crying of boohoo I lost you cheated on occasion but it was handled by the leaders of the guilds who dealt with it and if need be threw offenders out of the guild or sent them to a time out.

But those sort of things have been fewer and farther between for RPers as well.... now fights get scheduled and folk get bored just like in Fel. You can only get kidnapped so many times before it becomes boring. You can only be on the losing side of RP so many times before you just don't want to do it anymore. And also if you are in a big RP guild that dominates the PvP aspect that too gets boring when you roll in 15 to 3 and the battle takes longer to get all geared up and ready for than it does to fight it.

But those days too have been gone for some time. Sure there are still RP battles from time to time.... but nothing like they were 10 years ago. But then there aren't that many players anymore. Maybe Atl might still have some of that... but most shards don't. Some shards have the problem of too many evil characters and not enough good guys to really make a fight and other shards might have a whole host of good guys and no one to oppose them.

So it's not all about Fel either. But I don't see bringing VvV to Tram as an answer. I see that as yet another way to drive more players away from UO. Bring the flame on but I see it as another way to grief players and community and to cause trouble and get sheep to accidentally flag so they can be slaughtered by exploiting the cracks in the system.
I'm not really big into the idea of bringing PVP to trammel, though there are things you can do to mitigate issues if they did.

I do believe there should be some sort of divide between the two.

Ideally they'd just spend somore time evolving VVV like they said they would.

I think a lot of the problem wad with the focus groups they've thrown together to put the content out.

In the past, some of the people weren't even pvpers. (Explain that one...)

I'm down for testing anything they throw out but I get it's hard to get everyone on the same page.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

I forgot to mention I remember URK, i was foolish enough to go into one of their gates once where I was immediately ganked by 6 of them lol.

The whole time they're were role playing saying "Gibbs shinies" etc which in hindsight is pretty funny, but at the time recall thinking wtf just happened haha.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I forgot to mention I remember URK, i was foolish enough to go into one of their gates once where I was immediately ganked by 6 of them lol.

The whole time they're were role playing saying "Gibbs shinies" etc which in hindsight is pretty funny, but at the time recall thinking wtf just happened haha.
They were a whole lot of fun.... there was a group of savages as well but I can't recall their names. They were a lot of fun as well. Every once in a great while I'll see an URK but not too often... somewhat like spotting a TUR. Saw Outty's place fall awhile back along with many others.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think a lot of the problem wad with the focus groups they've thrown together to put the content out.

In the past, some of the people weren't even pvpers. (Explain that one...)
Possible Explanation: maybe they wanted to know why PvPers were such a select community and how they could make changes to appeal to a broader player base and find out why so many (as evidenced by this thread) have so little interest in Felucca based PvP. If I'm running a business I want any resources to appeal to the largest customer base possible while minimizing the likelihood of alienating the current customers. For example, Trammel was invented because EA believed they were losing more customers due to thievery and non-consensual PvP than could be offset by players that liked the status quo. If they had found the opposite, i.e. for every trammel-oriented player they lost they could gain more revenue by appealing to the PvP crowd, we would have had a very different history to this game.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Possible Explanation: maybe they wanted to know why PvPers were such a select community and how they could make changes to appeal to a broader player base and find out why so many (as evidenced by this thread) have so little interest in Felucca based PvP. If I'm running a business I want any resources to appeal to the largest customer base possible while minimizing the likelihood of alienating the current customers. For example, Trammel was invented because EA believed they were losing more customers due to thievery and non-consensual PvP than could be offset by players that liked the status quo. If they had found the opposite, i.e. for every trammel-oriented player they lost they could gain more revenue by appealing to the PvP crowd, we would have had a very different history to this game.

This is a good point and some changes early on like faction gear did spark interest with those who may not have tried it otherwise.

I have troubles understanding the thought behind some of this though because it seemed to have ignored the existing player base it was intended for.

And in this case, if that was the goal, I'd say they were somewhat shy of reaching it.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's not all about Fel either. But I don't see bringing VvV to Tram as an answer. I see that as yet another way to drive more players away from UO. Bring the flame on but I see it as another way to grief players and community and to cause trouble and get sheep to accidentally flag so they can be slaughtered by exploiting the cracks in the system.
That's the whole issue to VvV. You shouldn't "accidentally flag" it should be you're either in it or your not, that way you can still walk through cities and not be Orange or flag. If the other person is Orange or VvV you simply cannot heal them..period! Just like factions..too many caterings to a small group. Since they have basically all but eliminated Reds, Orange can act as the New red..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm alittle confused so please keep in mind I take pain meds. I play in fel mostly but don't pvp. The reason I play in fel is the loot is better the resources are better and doing a champ spawn in fel is better. When you say the trammel you mean all trammel ruleset? as in Ilsh, Malas, etc? or do you mean just trammel? I ask because I'm no sure what exists in trammel as far as drops thats not better in fel. If your asking for doom type/malas arty drops in a fel ruleset then I understand what your saying, but it doesn't sound like you asking for more facets to be fel ruleset, but rather more unique items for fel. If possible could someone please clarify which of the 2 your asking for?
As far as why many don't play fel anymore I can't only speak for my own experience, I played with 4 rl friends who started at various times in uo developement. The ones who played when only fel exisited never had an issue with playing in fel after the split. The 2 who came post split learned in tram and then came to fel with us and found the push thru dex loss to be there biggest complaint. Even in pvm in fel if push thru is not somehting you used to can easily get you killed. So just from my friends prosppective its wasn't dying to pvps it was simply the difference in game mechanics that pissed them off and chased them from fel. Don't know if this was helpful in anyway but wanted to share why people I knew fled fel ruleset.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm alittle confused so please keep in mind I take pain meds. I play in fel mostly but don't pvp. The reason I play in fel is the loot is better the resources are better and doing a champ spawn in fel is better. When you say the trammel you mean all trammel ruleset? as in Ilsh, Malas, etc? or do you mean just trammel? I ask because I'm no sure what exists in trammel as far as drops thats not better in fel. If your asking for doom type/malas arty drops in a fel ruleset then I understand what your saying, but it doesn't sound like you asking for more facets to be fel ruleset, but rather more unique items for fel. If possible could someone please clarify which of the 2 your asking for?
As far as why many don't play fel anymore I can't only speak for my own experience, I played with 4 rl friends who started at various times in uo developement. The ones who played when only fel exisited never had an issue with playing in fel after the split. The 2 who came post split learned in tram and then came to fel with us and found the push thru dex loss to be there biggest complaint. Even in pvm in fel if push thru is not somehting you used to can easily get you killed. So just from my friends prosppective its wasn't dying to pvps it was simply the difference in game mechanics that pissed them off and chased them from fel. Don't know if this was helpful in anyway but wanted to share why people I knew fled fel ruleset.
Trammel is generally referred to all other facets but fel.

And we aren't not really asking for other facets to have fel rule sets though there is some interest with a few players to allow pvp in trammel.
Mostly it's referring to fel specific work.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not many "fled" Fel rule set. There was a trammel Housing boom! Which spread the entire community out in a mirrored form. The reason then that nobody came back, because why? What sense would it make to risk your gold or armor when you can basically do it in Tram without a hitch. There were no double resources, better loot. There was nothing other than ok, if you want to farm White Wyrms in Fel there's a risk of dying. Where as in tram there's 0 risk. So as many people soon found out they can farm with no issues they moved to tram for safer farming and basically the ability to unattend stock pile gold. The devs soon realized that oh damn well now there's no reason to even be in Fel so they added double resources..again why risk dying for 40 ingots when you can get 20 non stop without a hitch.. Once the PvPers/PKs saw the dungeons were empty, the cross roads have now been vacated and most at the time either did one of two things. Moved to free shards where there was no tram or quit. I know everyone here is beta born..as they like to say. But I'd guess at least 90-95% of the PvPers today were Trammel born.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I gotta say. I saw this item for sale for 5K in Fel while searching around on vendor search. The same item was 200K in Trammel. It was a dirt cheap bargain you'd buy just to throw on a vendor and resell for 50K easily. It sat there so long I couldn't take it. Bought it and resold it in an hour for 10 times that. So Fel has some serious PR problems and I'm not sure much can really be done about it. To me if I die I lose like 5K or whatever. That's really not a big deal at all. If that isn't enough to pacify people I don't know what is.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not many "fled" Fel rule set
Disclaimer: I am now reading over what I typed below and I am rambling all over the place and yes, I'm off topic, but this is mostly in answer to those who can't understand why Fel isn't vibrant and why it has failed. I should just delete it, but read if you want.

I certainly can't speak for everyone, but I can speak for what was a very large community of role players on Catskills. Now before you go dismissing role players - keep in mind we were at that time all Felucca born - and a great many of us were "red" (you had no choice back then - there were no guild stones). I was a dread lord for almost a year but never PKd anyone (except some idiots who mouthed off to me or tried to interfere in my game).

When Trammel opened up there were many who were tired of being harassed by the PKs and having RP events in Fel ruined by players just looking for a fight (and attention). So in Trammel life was good. But champ spawns lured us to go back..for a few hunts. I know a lot of PKs and PvPers think it's exciting to raid a champ fight (I did too - at first). I always wanted to stay and fight the reds and it frustrated me when others just ran or ignored the reds and died where they stood. But my guild and other players hated working a spawn and then losing any chance of a reward just as we got to the end - that's really not fun. That killed Fel for them - there was no reward, there was only frustration. No reason to go back to Fel ever. All our events and hunting stayed on Trammel for the most part. Soon almost all RP guilds moved to Trammel, even the Orcs who arguably started the RP/PvP movement in UO.

Fel at it's best? I was working a champ spawn, some blue guild was there with me - about 15 of us in total. Some red guy appears and starts running around single handedly wiping out this guild. They're totally disorganized - it's like shooting fish in a barrel. I leap into combat, fight this guy for about 3 minutes and realize just how good he is - no cheats that I could tell - he just had his act together. I had some really good items on me that I didn't want to lose (no insurance back then), so I run for it. I made it about 12 screens and he got me. He then res'd me, we talked for a bit about the fight and then he started poking through my corpse. He made note of all the good weapons I had and asked if I wanted them back - I told him no - I chose to fight him and those are the spoils of victory. He gave me my runes and a few other things, but kept everything else. He just wanted to PvP - he didn't need to brag or rub it in my face that he beat me - he appreciated that I put up a bit of a fight. But...I never brought my good items back to a fight in Fel ever again (until they introduced insurance).

but then back to the ugly side of Fel - what about when you have no chance... one day I'm mining my butt off on a boat (to avoid the PKs) I'm not script mining - not even running a macro (UOA was a cheat back then) - I'm literally standing on a boat clicking the mountain over and over again for what had to be six hours. Piling up the ore on the boat deck. Then along comes a red - kills my miner and reaches over the side of my boat and takes all my ore that I dug up for the past six hours.

I've been playing this game for almost 18 years and I have never once completed an SA lich fight because I kept getting raided to the point where I have given up. Yeah it's so quiet now I could probably do it (the sole PvP guild seems to have moved to Atlantic). But the fact remains - I'm being denied content! You can come to Trammel and do all the events - too bad if you can't do it as your red - you at least have options.

Now take all my stories, and imagine that every other player probably has a similar story - and that's why Fel is almost empty. Yes I know things have changed, it's quiet now, I can probably go back - but why should I? Nobody on Fel has ever offered to make it better. Trammel players organize events - you can too. Hell pay me gold and I'll organize an event for you - but first jerk that ruins the event and I'm recalling back to Trammel. There's a reason no game is trying to replicate UO from it's early days - Richard Garriot the man who started this game agreed that Fel was a mistake and you can bet it's not one he's going to introduce into his new game.

Jack Daniels

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Once again a pointless post. This was a conversation on way to improve fel for those who do like to go there. You don't so what. I don't like events, I don't like RP am I on here putting up sob stories saying they should be removed or too bad you didn't get a drop at the event because they suck anyways. No, I let you all cry that your not getting the pixle crack you deserve for free with no effort or no challenge.

ONCE AGAIN.... THIS CONVERSATION WAS STARTED TO HELP ADD CONTENT TO FEL FOR THOSE WHO ENJOY PLAYING THERE. You might miss out on something. Well guess what WE DON"T CARE, this is about a different part of the community.

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
:bdh:

I can bump my post count too!

Com'on man don't encourage her.

This thread has devolved enough.

Frankly my expectation is for them to progress the VVV content.

@Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix

All I really want to know At this point is if this is going to happen in the next year?

I'll take a lack of response as a no and will probably be closing the 3 accounts I have left open in the next month or so.

This really doesn't hold much weight, since this only equates to $500 a year or so, but I don't see any reason to contribute to something that has no interest benefitting my play style.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Com'on man don't encourage her.

This thread has devolved enough.

Frankly my expectation is for them to progress the VVV content.

@Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix

All I really want to know At this point is if this is going to happen in the next year?

I'll take a lack of response as a no and will probably be closing the 3 accounts I have left open in the next month or so.

This really doesn't hold much weight, since this only equates to $500 a year or so, but I don't see any reason to contribute to something that has no interest benefitting my play style.
Maybe $500 a year isn't enough for them to change. That's partially the issue $500 turns into $1000 etc. etc..I mean alone I've seen my entire ex guild quit or move on to different games with accounts in maintenance mode. That was less than 2 years ago. Your talking 20-30 people. Granted that's not a lot of people in the big picture, they're quitting cause there's less and less to do. Only so much mindless monster bashing can be done before you need something to tantalize a humans actual brain. At that if they had one account that's close to 5k..and I'm sure most had 2-3 now your talking about quite a bit of revenue that is spending it elsewhere with better support..possibly Clash of Clans..ftp/p2p..non working model! :bdh:

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once again a pointless post. This was a conversation on way to improve fel for those who do like to go there
Since I'm one of the ones that used to go there, and no longer go there, it's not a pointless post. If you're running a business and you're asking, "How do we become more successful? Well there's no point in getting any input from the people who stopped shopping here (Trammel citizens) instead let's keep talking to the angry, dwindling customer base (PvPers on Fel) we currently have in hopes of keeping the doors open just one more year."

If more of us enjoyed going to Fel the devs might put more resources into it.

As for not caring about the views and play style of others who are helping to keep this game going...what a winning attitude...screw the customers who are paying the majority of our bills, they're not shopping in this section of the store anyway. Where did you get your MBA? Online at the EA store?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Since I'm one of the ones that used to go there, and no longer go there, it's not a pointless post. If you're running a business and you're asking, "How do we become more successful? Well there's no point in getting any input from the people who stopped shopping here (Trammel citizens) instead let's keep talking to the angry, dwindling customer base (PvPers on Fel) we currently have in hopes of keeping the doors open just one more year."

As for not caring about the views and play style of others who are helping to keep this game going...what a winning attitude...screw the customers who are paying the majority of our bills, they're not shopping in this section of the store anyway. Where did you get your MBA? Online at the EA store?
Pretty the point he was getting at was posting constructive ideas towards the thread topic.

Not how you think you should run a business and since it's a majority play style then screw the rest of us.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Not sure who taught you how to run a business..maybe you worked as a KMart front end supervisor and considered that "running a business". Where I'm from you don't cater to the majority of the percentage of a customer base you increase your bottom line by catering to everyone as best as possible. Yes let's say for instance nobody "like 1%" of the customer base was buying my spinach artichoke pizza and the majority"99%" was buying a plain cheese because well, the artichokes are a funny vegetable on the east coast. I would most likely try a few different things before scrapping the idea. I would maybe add a bit of flavor like bacon "everyone loves bacon" in this case "pixels". And still then no one was buying my beloved artichoke spinach pie..ok well I still have a 1% base that enjoys it. I would probably throw up some super enticing specials to get folks to try it. If all else fails I just buy less and move it the best I can, cause well maybe the next time that 1% comes in the bring a big party..wouldn't want to lose that to the guy down the street because he has a brain and used it wisely "in this case another MMO"..but we aren't comparing an artichoke/spinach pie to a cheese..we are more along of the lines of a 70%/30% basis..in which case I would never forfeit 30% business to satisfy the 70%..I would keep the 70% by continuing to push out a great product that they love and try to increase it by pulling the 30% over there as well, but at the same time try to grow my 30% not alienate them and tell them they aren't as important..ya know what. Welfare in CT is a good plan, maybe I'll scrap everything all together and just lives off the Trammy tax payers and screw everything. Does food stamps pay for UO subs?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Fel-exclusive content: Double resources (VERY old), 1k bonus luck for pvm, Powerscrolls (over a decade old), Stygian Abyss spawns, VvV.

Tram ruleset's exclusive content: 6 facets, Shadowguard, Ararat, Exodus, 4 champ spawns, Stygian Abyss dungeon, etc.

Whether you like it or not, it's the pvp'ers keeping this game afloat, despite the fact that we've been fighting over the same things in the same places for years. In NO game is it enjoyable to keep fighting monsters (no matter how challenging they might be) over and over for rare items, especially with the limits to AI. Who do you think are the ones buying and selling the new Shadowguard artifacts, all of the Legendary Artifact drops from bosses, etc? The PvP'ers are buying them and likely doing most of the selling. If there was no pvp in this game all of that gear would either be collecting dust in people's houses, or they'd be showing them off at Luna Bank.

The PvP community has been ignored for years in favor of non-pvp content. From the time I started to my first account close (2003-2005), you could always find a fight. Go to Yew gate, one of the spawn dungeons, etc. You'd get a fight for sure. While I did come back twice after that, the pvp activity on LS was lower in 2007, and I want to say it was low in 2010 too, but all I did with that year's Return to Britannia was PvM, so I wouldn't know exactly. Four-five years later, you can chain spawns all day, even on Atlantic; you'll probably want a group if you do it on Atl though.

What was the most recent change to PvP? VvV, which has fallen flat on its face. There are ways to improve upon it, but the devs won't listen. I understand it's a small team, but how would you feel if you had to do the same thing over and over for 10+ years, with one small change that's pretty much bare-bones? The lack of new, MEANINGFUL Fel content is one of the main reasons why the PvP community has dwindled through the years.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just enjoy seeing the tram keeps UO alive. It doesn't matter what time I log in. I can check every dungeon, shadow guard, DOOM it doesn't matter..there's never more than 10 people..now events are a different story. Remove the items and watch how that number dwindles to less than a 1/4..mind you the current group I run with are a bunch of PvPers but spend 80-90% of their time in shadow guard for the new drops. But heck that's only 15 people..there's probably 10s of thousands I'm just not seeing them :/ since of course Tram is bustling with people at all times..thank god it's keeping the doors open. I think people confuse our lead dev who is the epitome of the highest level trammy minus her -kill command..she's running the pvp show. Well no wait never mind we had a focus group of crafter and rpers do VvV! With what a self proclaimed scripter/duper who turned pvper via his 50bil suits?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Honestly what are you thinking they need to add?

They can't add people for you to fight.

The biggest problem IMO is that no one plays much for the "fun" factor of things anymore. Like RP... PvP has suffered losses... IMO it's because we have moved away from community activity to itemization... no one cares anymore about a lot of things. Ages ago we could get quite a crowd just having a Tavern night with stories... Poetry contests and such where there wasn't really a prize... just that we were all in game doing things.

Since AoS it has been a steady move toward the gimmies. And it's not just Tram or Fel that's been effected by this. Now it's all about getting stuff and making a profit. If there were a sizable profit to be made in killing other players you'd see a dramatic increase in people PvPing. But honestly there is insurance so no one is going to get your 1 billion dollar suit off you so they see no profit in killing you.

Same with everything in game. No one wants to hunt as a group anymore because if a Tangle dropped and they didn't get it they blame YOU for being there ruining their chance at the drop and the profit.

Plain and simple that is what has happened to UO. There isn't any community and that includes Fel PvP community that used to revolve around the fun and strategy of killing other players... no profit in it..... not worth doing. They can't sell beating you in PvP for RL dollars. If they could... well then you'd be getting PvP all the time.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) Items have been a part of the game from the start. Only differences now is that they're 1000000x better than anything you could get pre-AoS, or even before imbuing/reforging became a thing, and that you can't lose them.

2) No profit in killing? Wut. Those billion dollar suits give you well over 10k in insurance. I've gotten as much as 23k off a single kill before. That isn't bad, considering the length of time invested. It'd take you much longer to get that much gold via PvM.

3) Nobody wants to hunt as a group? Huh? There are community hunts 3-4 nights a week on LS which have been going on forever. There's another small group that does their own thing. People also ask if there's anyone interested in killing "insert boss here"; Maybe you should actually try that for yourself on GL and see how much interest you can drum up. Also, nobody I know does that over a Tangle.

4) Only interested in profit? Whether it's from duping, fighting, or farming, gold is easy to come by, and dirt cheap if you want to buy it for RL $. People that have been around for years have amassed billions and can afford pretty much anything they want. But that's simply supply and demand. If there were 495789758236582751 Hawkwind Robes out there, they'd be worth about the same as an Ornament of the Magician.

5) Please don't speak about Fel PvP, which, by your own REPEATED admission, you know nothing about. Do you think any of the current pvp'ers need scrolls of any kind? We don't. Despise, Oaks, Harrowers, etc. They're all popped for ONE reason: To get people to come fight. If there was something else to fight over in Fel (other than VvV towns) we'd all be doing that.

Again, none of us care if people never want to come to Fel for pvp. That is their choice. But there are plenty of people that do. There is only one way to get better at pvp: By actually doing it. If I ran across a group of Trammies doing a spawn (which I have), do you know how easy it would be for me to kill them all, even though I'm outnumbered? That it's possible at all only speaks to the difference in experience. For them it'd be discouraging, of course, but for all you know, they might even like to do it again.

As has been repeatedly said, the only thing we're interested in is the fight. If someone isn't good at pvp to start with, that's fine. We all had to start at the bottom too; we just kept going, got better with practice, and didn't let our inexperience stop us from improving. I had some duels with a guy earlier this year who had just come back after a few years. At first I went easy on him (and told him I would) by deliberately casting at a much slower rate. Once he shook the rust off I took off the kid gloves and we had good fights.

We're all willing to help people learn how to pvp, if they have the interest. They need only ask.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
shrugs I think MalagAste is pretty spot on.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1) Items have been a part of the game from the start. Only differences now is that they're 1000000x better than anything you could get pre-AoS, or even before imbuing/reforging became a thing, and that you can't lose them.

2) No profit in killing? Wut. Those billion dollar suits give you well over 10k in insurance. I've gotten as much as 23k off a single kill before. That isn't bad, considering the length of time invested. It'd take you much longer to get that much gold via PvM.

3) Nobody wants to hunt as a group? Huh? There are community hunts 3-4 nights a week on LS which have been going on forever. There's another small group that does their own thing. People also ask if there's anyone interested in killing "insert boss here"; Maybe you should actually try that for yourself on GL and see how much interest you can drum up. Also, nobody I know does that over a Tangle.

4) Only interested in profit? Whether it's from duping, fighting, or farming, gold is easy to come by, and dirt cheap if you want to buy it for RL $. People that have been around for years have amassed billions and can afford pretty much anything they want. But that's simply supply and demand. If there were 495789758236582751 Hawkwind Robes out there, they'd be worth about the same as an Ornament of the Magician.

5) Please don't speak about Fel PvP, which, by your own REPEATED admission, you know nothing about. Do you think any of the current pvp'ers need scrolls of any kind? We don't. Despise, Oaks, Harrowers, etc. They're all popped for ONE reason: To get people to come fight. If there was something else to fight over in Fel (other than VvV towns) we'd all be doing that.

Again, none of us care if people never want to come to Fel for pvp. That is their choice. But there are plenty of people that do. There is only one way to get better at pvp: By actually doing it. If I ran across a group of Trammies doing a spawn (which I have), do you know how easy it would be for me to kill them all, even though I'm outnumbered? That it's possible at all only speaks to the difference in experience. For them it'd be discouraging, of course, but for all you know, they might even like to do it again.

As has been repeatedly said, the only thing we're interested in is the fight. If someone isn't good at pvp to start with, that's fine. We all had to start at the bottom too; we just kept going, got better with practice, and didn't let our inexperience stop us from improving. I had some duels with a guy earlier this year who had just come back after a few years. At first I went easy on him (and told him I would) by deliberately casting at a much slower rate. Once he shook the rust off I took off the kid gloves and we had good fights.

We're all willing to help people learn how to pvp, if they have the interest. They need only ask.
PLEASE answer me one question.
Why is it as you have stated and you make it sound like all PvPers are only interested in the fight that you need pixel crack to do it?

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty the point he was getting at was posting constructive ideas towards the thread topic.
I'm sorry you don't think my post was constructive. As someone who has been playing for a long time I thought it was worth understanding why players like me aren't coming back to Fel. I thought the issue was that PvPers wanted more and better content aimed at their community. My point was that you would be better served by making Fel attractive to a broader base of players (through voluntary and willing participation). If you don't want to make your style of play more appealing to all, then your population isn't going to grow and Fel will die out. Most of you have admitted that you are crossing over to Trammel to take part in the new content, whereas Trammel players aren't going to go to Fel regardless of content. Seems the developers are smarter than you think cause they are reaching a broader base with new Trammel content. You might be coming over growling and snarling, but you are coming over.

UO is a sandbox game. Anything Broadsword comes up with will get boring fast. As players have stated, there are only so many times you can kill the same monster, player, whatever. Various pro-PvP players in this thread have stated that the Devs don't understand what PvPers want. I suggested the PvP community should design their own events - both for themselves and if desired, to recruit other players. If you want the game to be fun, you have to find a way to make it fun. Don't look to the developers - your $15 a month is the cost to play in the sandbox - what happens in the sandbox is up to you.

The idea that any one group is keeping the game afloat is doubtful. If you can point to an actual analysis of play styles as it relates to recurring revenue that shows PvPers are carrying the game I'll admit I was wrong. I just remember the General Chat crowd on my shard that used to complain about how dead the shard was and that if they ever left it would be the end of the shard. Well they got bored and left and my shard is still here...and in related news I started going back to Fel.

Oh, and Jack Daniels...sorry, never worked at Kmart - those stores were gone from my area when I was very young. I was however working on my masters degree in Economics but quit before I completed it. I ended up dropping out because I weighed the benefit of the education in terms of future income and job satisfaction against the cost of tuition (that and I hated calculus). It's called a cost benefit analysis - we studied things like that as well as the behavior of consumers and businesses in relation to changes in variables.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PLEASE answer me one question.
Why is it as you have stated and you make it sound like all PvPers are only interested in the fight that you need pixel crack to do it?
Let me ask you a question. If lady Mel didn't drop dyes/artifacts/deco..how many people you think would do it? If shadow guard at the end gave you a bag of 25k gold and a pat on the back..who would do it? I'll answer for you since I'm impatient and don't want to wait for your reply..no one..

We've been asking for champ spawn revamps for literally 5+ years.

For the last 10 years pvp has yielded literally NOTHING. Not even a leaderboard..literally 5k a kill and that quickly changed when they brought in bless deeds. Only now are you seeing insurances of 10+k..it would be much faster for you to
Farm rat mages for 10k then try and kill me for it.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So... What yer sayin' is that if PvPers really wanted to PvP they should just get together and make it happen?
Roleplayers on my shard did it for years without any in game help. Yes, when guild stones came along it got easier, but we managed without them for the first little while. Hell, the orcs even brought some PvPers around to try roleplaying because back then there wasn't anyone to fight but other players so if you wanted to PvP, you role played. (and please don't equate EM events with RP...most RPers avoided official events because of all the sociopaths that used them as an avenue for getting the attention they craved).

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
What do you PvPers want?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you PvPers want?
Something new to fight over. VvV town fighting went for a while. Now I would guess that it's not done very often. And on some shards you probably can't even GET enough people to start VvV.

I'm sure some of you are console gamers. Here's one of the most famous examples of a rare item from the Final Fantasy series: Pink Tail

In all versions of Final Fantasy IV, you have a less than 1% chance of getting the pink tail, which gave you the Adamant Armor. Back in the days of the SNES release (pre-Internet), when it was called FFII in the US, I didn't even know the Pink Puff & its tail even EXISTED. But it's one of the most sought after items in the game because of the fantastic bonuses the Armor gives you: +100 Defense, +20 Magic Defense, +12 to Magic evasion, Elemental Resist (however, even the strongest Elemental spells will barely tickle you), +15 to all of your stats, and immunity to virtually every status ailment. You couldn't get it until the final dungeon, and you could go months (at a minimum) without even getting the Tail to drop.

In UO, the equivalents to the Adamant Armor would be 120 PS's, Shadowguard Artifacts, and Legendary Artifact loot. 120 PS's are exclusive to Fel, while the Shadowguard Artifacts are exclusive to Trammel.

To put it simply, we want something else to fight over, besides the 120 PS's. "If you build it, they will come", right? Right now Fel is empty because there isn't anything new. To put it another way: it's the equivalent of Fenway Park or Wrigley Field keeping the same locker rooms, bathrooms, concession stand equipment, etc. that they had a century ago. Without modernizing/upgrading or building newer stadiums, people wouldn't attend sporting events. The same can be said for UO. In Fel, it's the same people that have been there for years, simply because we enjoy pvp'ing. Admittedly, it could be called a niche market, but it's completely ignored in favor of Trammel-centric content. If there were new things to fight over, people who haven't played for years might return, and you might even get people who've never pvp'd to come to Fel.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something new to fight over. VvV town fighting went for a while. Now I would guess that it's not done very often. And one some shards you probably can't even GET enough people to start VvV.

I'm sure some of you are console gamers. Here's one of the most famous examples of a rare item from the Final Fantasy series: Pink Tail

In all versions of Final Fantasy IV, you have a less than 1% chance of getting the pink tail, which gave you the Adamant Armor. Back in the days of the SNES release (pre-Internet), when it was called FFII in the US, I didn't even know the Pink Puff & its tail even EXISTED. But it's one of the most sought after items in the game because of the fantastic bonuses the Armor gives you: +100 Defense, +20 Magic Defense, +12 to Magic evasion, Elemental Resist (however, even the strongest Elemental spells will barely tickle you), +15 to all of your stats, and immunity to virtually every status ailment. You couldn't get it until the final dungeon, and you could go months (at a minimum) without even getting the Tail to drop.

In UO, the equivalents to the Adamant Armor would be 120 PS's, Shadowguard Artifacts, and Legendary Artifact loot. 120 PS's are exclusive to Fel, while the Shadowguard Artifacts are exclusive to Trammel.

To put it simply, we want something else to fight over, besides the 120 PS's. "If you build it, they will come", right? Right now Fel is empty because there isn't anything new. To put it another way: it's the equivalent of Fenway Park or Wrigley Field keeping the same locker rooms, bathrooms, concession stand equipment, etc. that they had a century ago. Without modernizing/upgrading or building newer stadiums, people wouldn't attend sporting events. The same can be said for UO. In Fel, it's the same people that have been there for years, simply because we enjoy pvp'ing. Admittedly, it could be called a niche market, but it's completely ignored in favor of Trammel-centric content. If there were new things to fight over, people who haven't played for years might return, and you might even get people who've never pvp'd to come to Fel.
Thank you

You shall not pass!

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As the title of this post says. Pvp stage+decent drops fel only.
So how about this....you get unique armor or scroll drops, but the second you cross over into Trammel the items crumble to dust?

Now Fel PvPers have something to fight over but it doesn't force Trammel players to take part in your play style. Or is the whole point of exclusive drops to force Trammel players to come to Felucca? If so, that's why so many Trammel players are on this thread.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I'm sorry you don't think my post was constructive. As someone who has been playing for a long time I thought it was worth understanding why players like me aren't coming back to Fel. I thought the issue was that PvPers wanted more and better content aimed at their community. My point was that you would be better served by making Fel attractive to a broader base of players (through voluntary and willing participation). If you don't want to make your style of play more appealing to all, then your population isn't going to grow and Fel will die out. Most of you have admitted that you are crossing over to Trammel to take part in the new content, whereas Trammel players aren't going to go to Fel regardless of content. Seems the developers are smarter than you think cause they are reaching a broader base with new Trammel content. You might be coming over growling and snarling, but you are coming over.

UO is a sandbox game. Anything Broadsword comes up with will get boring fast. As players have stated, there are only so many times you can kill the same monster, player, whatever. Various pro-PvP players in this thread have stated that the Devs don't understand what PvPers want. I suggested the PvP community should design their own events - both for themselves and if desired, to recruit other players. If you want the game to be fun, you have to find a way to make it fun. Don't look to the developers - your $15 a month is the cost to play in the sandbox - what happens in the sandbox is up to you.

The idea that any one group is keeping the game afloat is doubtful. If you can point to an actual analysis of play styles as it relates to recurring revenue that shows PvPers are carrying the game I'll admit I was wrong. I just remember the General Chat crowd on my shard that used to complain about how dead the shard was and that if they ever left it would be the end of the shard. Well they got bored and left and my shard is still here...and in related news I started going back to Fel.

Oh, and Jack Daniels...sorry, never worked at Kmart - those stores were gone from my area when I was very young. I was however working on my masters degree in Economics but quit before I completed it. I ended up dropping out because I weighed the benefit of the education in terms of future income and job satisfaction against the cost of tuition (that and I hated calculus). It's called a cost benefit analysis - we studied things like that as well as the behavior of consumers and businesses in relation to changes in variables.
I actually agree with this completely.

Now, where things get complicated is what makes people pvp. Some for the competition, some for the power, some for the banter and some for an ego boost. I agree that we can create our own environment for pvp, and we have been since it's inception. What has happened is there is less incentive for us to fight in other areas besides Yew or popping a spawn. We need the devs help if changing/updating content to give us some sort of incentive. PvPers are lazy for the most part, so yew gate will always survive. Another reason people announce in GC when champs are up. Factions was fun because you picked a side, but even in doing so there wasn't really any incentive for being a certain faction besides controlling towns. I do believe factions should have been updated rather then introducing VvV but we can't change what has happened.

I dunno what content could be added because people become so vocal against 'carrots', but you have to accept the fact we want the 'carrot' also. If anything we want it more. Unless they updated scrolls which would in essence revert everyone back to GM there is no point to changing spawns. If anything I would recommend getting rid of all spawns in t2a.

A leaderboard would be nice; guild and individual.
Something to fight over that gives a reward (buff/artie/scroll) and is controllable I.E. brings back guild involvement and player coordination
Tittles
Consistent Fel EM events
Showing guild rankings on MyUO would be sweet
tournaments
fel faccet merger to bring all pvp together
A dev that actually PvPs

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
So how about this....you get unique armor or scroll drops, but the second you cross over into Trammel the items crumble to dust?

Now Fel PvPers have something to fight over but it doesn't force Trammel players to take part in your play style. Or is the whole point of exclusive drops to force Trammel players to come to Felucca? If so, that's why so many Trammel players are on this thread.
I would just make them unequipped once in tram.

I don't want to heard trammies to fel, but I do strongly believe that some trammies did at one point in time pvp or if they haven't would enjoy it under the right circumstances.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Works for me..as long as the VvV items that are being abused by 90% of people in Tram do the same..unless of course the opt in to worldwide pvp..

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually agree with this completely.

Now, where things get complicated is what makes people pvp. Some for the competition, some for the power, some for the banter and some for an ego boost. I agree that we can create our own environment for pvp, and we have been since it's inception. What has happened is there is less incentive for us to fight in other areas besides Yew or popping a spawn. We need the devs help if changing/updating content to give us some sort of incentive. PvPers are lazy for the most part, so yew gate will always survive. Another reason people announce in GC when champs are up. Factions was fun because you picked a side, but even in doing so there wasn't really any incentive for being a certain faction besides controlling towns. I do believe factions should have been updated rather then introducing VvV but we can't change what has happened.

I dunno what content could be added because people become so vocal against 'carrots', but you have to accept the fact we want the 'carrot' also. If anything we want it more. Unless they updated scrolls which would in essence revert everyone back to GM there is no point to changing spawns. If anything I would recommend getting rid of all spawns in t2a.

A leaderboard would be nice; guild and individual.
Something to fight over that gives a reward (buff/artie/scroll) and is controllable I.E. brings back guild involvement and player coordination
Tittles
Consistent Fel EM events
Showing guild rankings on MyUO would be sweet
tournaments
fel faccet merger to bring all pvp together
A dev that actually PvPs
Agree with almost everything 100% especially eliminating t2a such a waste of space.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Something to fight over? Tell me what that is.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't want to heard trammies to fel, but I do strongly believe that some trammies did at one point in time pvp or if they haven't would enjoy it under the right circumstances.
You are correct. I remember the old days when everyone was on 36K modems, and REDs would raid a dungeon - the alarm would go off - some would flee, others would quickly band together to defend even though we knew we were doomed unless the blue PKs (blue players who solely existed to hunt down red PKs and defend the innocent) came in time to help. That was fun, I also would stay and fight red raiders at Champ spawns. What's not fun (if you can sit through another sob story), is recalling into a dungeon, having five players kill me before I could even see who they were, then mock me for being such a lousy player. No my real life feelings aren't hurt, I'm not going to cry, but there is no motivation to play in that environment. What, maybe one day if I get the right items and practice really hard I might be able to beat 5 PvPers in a fight? Not a chance maybe pre-AoS before the game became all about the items. Back then I could take on 3 players and that was a fun challenge. If I died - who cares - the items were nothing special back then, just head back to your house and re-equip. I even tried factions for awhile but didn't see the point and nobody in factions seemed to care who you were or try to involve you. I did make a fortune selling items outside the Yew crypt - thanks PvPers! And nobody killed me cause they knew they would get banned from the store.

As for PvPers not wanting to have anything to do with RP. Know this .we made up reasons for PvP and that actually was fun. Some of my fondest memories of this game are RP PvP events. You really should try it - cause when it comes down to it, the drops you're getting for Fel exclusive fights aren't any more real than the RP motives we gave for PvPing.