• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

enough is enough time to nerf moving shots ROUND 2

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I would like to echo the sentiment that being forced to play a parry mage really blows. I had to convert due to the overwhelming nature of moving shot ganks. Running parry fixed this particular issue, but it doesn't seem right that every other mage template is not viable in current meta.
It's a shame you wasted your second post on this.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to echo the sentiment that being forced to play a parry mage really blows. I had to convert due to the overwhelming nature of moving shot ganks. Running parry fixed this particular issue, but it doesn't seem right that every other mage template is not viable in current meta.
No one is forcing you to play one. I take parry off quite occasionally and do just fine vs dexers and archers.

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's a shame you wasted your second post on this.
Regardless of your stance on this topic, you might be the most annoying dude in this thread, providing absolutely no substance to the conversation. Post #3 mmmmmm.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Regardless of your stance on this topic, you might be the most annoying dude in this thread, providing absolutely no substance to the conversation. Post #3 mmmmmm.
I have provided more reasoning through the thread despite people making baseless claims or interjecting at the end of the thread.

But keep the post count going strong.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting half the replies here were about how virem should have had parry on.
Well if you look at the video he gets hit 50% of the time with no parry. If someone wants to get hit less, then of course add parry. That does not mean he is forced to add parry. A 50% hit ratio is where it should be.

In one v one situations, the only time an archer would have a chance at killing me would be stacking mortals. Which, I think needs to be addressed. But that is mainly just how overpowered mortal is; not archery.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well, it won't effect AI damage at all, and they are both the classes main running shot weapons.

Honestly, you are just terrified of any change to moving shot because you don't want to lose the most overpowered aspect of the only template you play.
Your so funny.

Sure lets make a comp bow 3.25s give it Para/Dismount and running shot
and lets move AI to the reg bow in replace of para.
Id be fine with that. And if you think running shot is stronger then dismount or mortal then you are a fool

And like i said before. Maybe if you werent running all the time maybe you wouldnt be crying about running shot as much.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I want to PVM I use a tamer or a mystic weaver,
If I want to Spawn I use a sampire or some AOE Style Char
Ok, you use different templates when pvming, I can see that. Even though a sampire would be the most efficient at just about everything pvm-related.

YOU CAN ALSO PLAY THE FOLLOWING PARRY TEMPS In Yew
Parry Healing mage
Parry Inscribe
Parry Alchy mage
Parry combat Mage
Bushiod Parry Dexxer,
Parry Tamer Mage
Parry 4/6 chiv mage
Parry Deathstriker, with 4/6
:facepalm: That's the point, everything needs parry except the skill that can't use it -Archery.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In one v one situations, the only time an archer would have a chance at killing me would be stacking mortals. Which, I think needs to be addressed. But that is mainly just how overpowered mortal is; not archery.
If that's the case you'd have the same problem with melee dexers stacking mortals, confirm?

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your so funny.

Sure lets make a comp bow 3.25s give it Para/Dismount and running shot
and lets move AI to the reg bow in replace of para.
Id be fine with that.
Yup, that sounds good. That puts AI/mortal on a slower swing speed than the Soul Glaive and and a lower moving shot damage on comp bow. Great idea.

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One vs. one isn't the problem. It's the ability to get to 30 damage running shots on a cursed target at 1.25 seconds. Which resulted in forcing everyone to play the same template two templates.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
One vs. one isn't the problem. It's the ability to get to 30 damage running shots on a cursed target at 1.25 seconds. Which resulted in forcing everyone to play the same template two templates.
One archer is not hitting every 1.25 seconds for 30 damage. Even with just a weapon skill on the defender.

The only way this happens is if RNG gets a lucky streak.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
One archer is not hitting every 1.25 seconds for 30 damage. Even with just a weapon skill on the defender.

The only way this happens is if RNG gets a lucky streak.
lucky streaks are quite common especially after HLD

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I see no mention of melee what so ever. However I do see Archery & Mortal Strike. If Mortal strike is overpowered, then by nerfing mortal strike, archers are still overpowered and mortal strike would be even less useful for melee.

Ummm..yes. lol. That was very clear in my post.
The only thing that's clear is Archery is overpowered. Your words.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I see no mention of melee what so ever. However I do see Archery & Mortal Strike. If Mortal strike is overpowered, then by nerfing mortal strike, archers are still overpowered and mortal strike would be even less useful for melee.

Parry is overpowered, can we nerf parry and then consider an archery nerf? Or would u rather parry mages just never be able to die instead

Not to mention parry getting one of the few actually good usable masteries

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Parry is overpowered, can we nerf parry and then consider an archery nerf? Or would u rather parry mages just never be able to die instead

Not to mention parry getting one of the few actually good usable masteries
I agree with parry being overpowered, I'm in favor of both Archery & Parry (Parry + Wrestling or Anatomy) having tweaks at the same time.

I'm not in favor of parry mages either, a parry mage is actually better than an archer in one vs one.
It's not balanced either, but then you compare a parry mage vs a melee dexer and melee is even worse.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I don't think you know how to read properly. I clearly stated the issue is not archery over powered it is mortal wound. I don't need to list out every melee template when I am replying seeing as how this is an archery thread. Make sense with your posts.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you should read what you posted.
I think you should have a re-read, bud. We were talking about archery specifically and I said the only thing over powered is mortal wound stacking with archery. Then I further went on to say that is not archery specific- but an issue with mortal wound. How can you not follow a simple post?

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you should have a re-read, bud. We were talking about archery specifically and I said the only thing over powered is mortal wound stacking with archery. Then I further went on to say that is not archery specific- but an issue with mortal wound. How can you not follow a simple post?
I only have a mortal problem with archery and gargs. You can fend off warriors with fields and confined space traps where a ranged player can just sit back in safety and keep blasting.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only have a mortal problem with archery and gargs. You can fend off warriors with fields and confined space traps where a ranged player can just sit back in safety and keep blasting.
In some cases perhaps. Others not, and mortal is still a problem. It really needs to go back to the way it used to be where it can't be stacked or reapplied for 3 seconds.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In some cases perhaps. Others not, and mortal is still a problem. It really needs to go back to the way it used to be where it can't be stacked or reapplied for 3 seconds.
It's a big problem I agree. There needs to be a chance to miss it completely.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a big problem I agree. There needs to be a chance to miss it completely.
Then of course when that happens, remove curse and the mystic heal will be overpowered. I guess you just can't win!

edit: 4/6 remove curse already is far too overpowered, but it will be even more so.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just read this.

Your logic is that a ranged player can hit you from afar, then you say that if that person was a warrior you could just sit in fields and hit them from afar so thats fair but the ranged dexxer can do it so its not fair.