• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] EM DROPS

Lt.Snuggles

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For consistent drops I've seen 3 classes of templates, thrower, archer, and weaver.

The rest can get items but just not as consistent.

These are the people who are now getting more than 75% of all items dropped per season combined. There are a few locals but these are X-shard players, i.e. multiple chars on mainly North American Shards and Drachenfels and Europa. A few also have chars on Asian shards too. I am among that list, like I said, I've adapted too and will continue to adapt whatever the change gets implemented or not. And I am pretty sure that if they change the system, these below will go with the flow and change new templates so then we're back to square 1 LOL.

For example Nails is a weaver and he scores 75%+ on items
ShuShu = thrower/wraith he scores 75%+ on items
Lt Snuggles = thrower, archer he has all kinds of toons 75%+ on items
Sadie = thrower/wraith he scores 75%+ on items
4runnersport = thrower, not sure on % but does very well
smoot = thrower, not sure on % but does very well
Lord X = thrower, not sure on % but does very well
Tami = not sure template but does very well
Olchere = thrower, tamer, weaver just a bunch 80%+
Cynide Mage = thrower/wraith, he scores 75%+ on items
Manticore = mainly thrower and 1 dexer on baja, 20%+ on items (i just suck that's all lol)
Varrius = thrower, use to be 75%+
Virum = thrower, use to be 75%+
Exploit = thrower, use to be 75%+
Souls = thrower, except for Atlantic dexer, use to be 75%+ except for Napa
Jinx = weaver, 20%+ like me
AnAn = thrower, 50%+
Shumer = thrower may be weaver, 50%+
Mongbat = thrower, 50%+
Big Smoke = thrower may be weaver, 50%+
Ixtab = weaver, 75%+
Goodman = thrower, 50%+ when he attends
Rylo = thrower, 75%+ when he use to do events
Bluefly = thrower, not sure on %

disregard!

Last edited:

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For consistent drops I've seen 3 classes of templates, thrower, archer, and weaver.

The rest can get items but just not as consistent.

These are the people who are now getting more than 75% of all items dropped per season combined. There are a few locals but these are X-shard players, i.e. multiple chars on mainly North American Shards and Drachenfels and Europa. A few also have chars on Asian shards too. I am among that list, like I said, I've adapted too and will continue to adapt whatever the change gets implemented or not. And I am pretty sure that if they change the system, these below will go with the flow and change new templates so then we're back to square 1 LOL.

For example Nails is a weaver and he scores 75%+ on items
ShuShu = thrower/wraith he scores 75%+ on items
Lt Snuggles = thrower, archer he has all kinds of toons 75%+ on items
Sadie = thrower/wraith he scores 75%+ on items
4runnersport = thrower, not sure on % but does very well
smoot = thrower, not sure on % but does very well
Lord X = thrower, not sure on % but does very well
Tami = not sure template but does very well
Olchere = thrower, tamer, weaver just a bunch 80%+
Cynide Mage = thrower/wraith, he scores 75%+ on items
Manticore = mainly thrower and 1 dexer on baja, 20%+ on items (i just suck that's all lol)
Varrius = thrower, use to be 75%+
Virum = thrower, use to be 75%+
Exploit = thrower, use to be 75%+
Souls = thrower, except for Atlantic dexer, use to be 75%+ except for Napa
Jinx = weaver, 20%+ like me
AnAn = thrower, 50%+
Shumer = thrower may be weaver, 50%+
Mongbat = thrower, 50%+
Big Smoke = thrower may be weaver, 50%+
Ixtab = weaver, 75%+
Goodman = thrower, 50%+ when he attends
Rylo = thrower, 75%+ when he use to do events
Bluefly = thrower, not sure on %
Manti thank you for this. this speaks volumes.

4runnersport

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that list want change if they even did revamp on temps
hate to say it but the same ppl still has the same knowledge on game mechanics
identifying slayers quickly staying alive working together etc.
solus said it knowledge > template

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Manticore has me listed as a thrower. I mentioned it to him recently. I actually play 2 throwers, 2 archers, a Swords dexter w/healing on my non-home event shards, and have 3 different event worthy homeshard atlantic templates (thrower, tamer/weaver, swords dexter w/healing)
Percentage wise im not sure on drops because i only started off-shard eventing a few months ago, but ive gotten drops on each of the characters. I also did Not get drops on the last few atlantic events with my thrower.

Last edited:

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that list want change if they even did revamp on temps
hate to say it but the same ppl still has the same knowledge on game mechanics
identifying slayers quickly staying alive working together etc.
solus said it knowledge > template
aye that can be expected since some shards only 10 rewards and that list alone is more than 10 not counting those who gets them by luck and the local talents.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let's look at another aspect of this if we can please. I know a lot of the thrower class folks are fairly new to this and have "dialed in" their templates to maximize their outcome for current conditions. Prior to the pack drop change, items were dropped in different ways.

Some events would end in a clicky thing, where everyone who made it could claim a reward by clicking a statue.

Some events had 10 or 15 "guardian" monsters that would randomly hold an item, and that item would be lootable in the instanced corpse loot when it died. Sometimes this was even set up in such a way that if you were high damage on a mob, you got an item, and someone else randomly who did damage would also get the same item on their instance.

Some events had a main boss who dropped unique items that they were wearing, or had on them.

Some events had stealing components.

The bottom line is that you never knew how items (if there were any) were going to drop. The dominant group at that time, took this into account and tried to play the event and anticipate how it would go based on how the event was playing out, how many mobs they were seeing, how much RP there was vs combat, etc, and then make a determination as to how they were going to play it if they wanted to maximize their chance at getting an item.

All of those things said - the reality now is that with the change to pack drops, the ability to vary the drop method has gone away, so there is now a simple formula in most aspects. One boss. One way to get the drop. One way to maximize the chance of getting it.

I am not even going to address templates in this response, just trying to get a little history lesson in. I am probably one of the people that caused a vocal minority to scream "UNFAIR" and influence the change to having items drop into packs. Back when the drop method was varied, I would indeed run a stealther and check corpses and score. I would run a mage weaver and score, sometimes twice. I had two completed and suited chars on every shard, and worked to improve them regularly.

I no longer play events, not just due to the changes in the systems, but more due to the changes in the participants.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Woot_Sauce, that brings back memories, use to be you, me, Restroom Cowboy, Demonous, Linemen, and Nails and a few others heheh, how times have changed.

Lord X

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh dont count me. lol. Im JUST getting to the point where I get one out of 5 drops, lol. Unless its LS, got a pretty good record there.

Ziggers

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I would like to see something change in how EM drops are distributed. I did get drops when the old system was used but not that often. Maybe one every couple of months. Since I have to be top 10-15, I have only seen a event item when someone is nice enough show me or I see it on Stratics. I have even been to events where everyone was suppose to get the drop and I didn't. I am always on time for the start of the event and I stay until the EM says good night. I follow the story line and help with the RP if I can, I rez, heal, give directions, open gates, and I am always respectful to players and the EM's. I also fight the boss just as hard as everyone else does. I do not have the gold or brains to make a top 10 damage character but I don't think that means I should have zero chance to get a drop. I don't want the event item handed to me just because I attended that would be silly. I think it would be more balanced if the 10-15 items could be spread out over the top 20-30 players that did damage. Would something like that be possible?

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting conversation here. First off I have gone to just a couple of events on my own shard Europa. Reasons for particpating was mostly out of boredom and wanted to be with my fellow players for some enjoyment. I mean if an event item popped into my back pack that's just a bonus for me. I did find playing my normal paly charcater with swords what a challenge to say the least. It's not due to poor equipemnt I can assure you, more likley to my poor play style and these suckers can be rather nasty at times. But even after dieing a few times here and there i really had a blast, but real life has a way of interfering with my playing time. Plus on Europa alot ofthe times due to the time differance (I live in the USA) the events start while i'm still at work. But that's ok I love playing Europa, and I could always bring my warrior to another shard if needed using a shard shield ( i have shields to all shards possible).Anyway I'm just curious since it seems most of the serious event players have been using ranged attack play styles. Is this due to have there damage greatly reduced due to being a further distance from the boss character? I do understand that archer's need higher stamina then lets say a warrior and also has less leeching ability.
I'm just thinking perhaps there is a way to balance things a little bit more so that more play styles can be used when fighting at an event. Don't get me wronge this is not a post that I hate gimped players with the flavour of the month set up. If I had the time to dedicate to events I have the abilities to create my own gimped out archer etc too. I actually give alot of credit to those players who have taken the time to learn how to get the best chances for a drop from an event.

Well thats my thoughts, if I have more time i'll attend some more events on Europa and have some more fun. :cool:

Last edited:

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Haven´t read all the posts yet but here´s my take on it after hearing and reading for a long time about what a "mess" the EM programs have become.

Do away with all the drops. That would weed out those who are solely there for the items and not for the event. No more cheaters and griefers.
Give the events back to the people who are there to enjoy the event for what it´s suppose to be, an event. The same people that actually appreciates all the effort that the EMs put in.

Give it a Moonglow Zoo type of spin.
Instead of the drops, after an event (or chain of events) is succesfully completed, display an item tied to that event in an EM Hall for all to see.
That way the items will be a part of the shards history and its population can get a sense of achievement each time a new item is added.

This would open up the doors for all templates and levels of skill to be a part of the event.

Hopeful outcome: Happy crowd and a happy EM.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*chuckles*
Kelmo my intentions are of the best interest of this game so please let this ride. If you see something that needs fixing please fix but I would like this post to remain if it can.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Haven´t read all the posts yet but here´s my take on it after hearing and reading for a long time about what a "mess" the EM programs have become.

Do away with all the drops. That would weed out those who are solely there for the items and not for the event. No more cheaters and griefers.
Give the events back to the people who are there to enjoy the event for what it´s suppose to be, an event. The same people that actually appreciates all the effort that the EMs put in.

Give it a Moonglow Zoo type of spin.
Instead of the drops, after an event (or chain of events) is succesfully completed, display an item tied to that event in an EM Hall for all to see.
That way the items will be a part of the shards history and its population can get a sense of achievement each time a new item is added.

This would open up the doors for all templates and levels of skill to be a part of the event.

Hopeful outcome: Happy crowd and a happy EM.
The moonglow zoo is working out so well on most shards...*

*sarcasm

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After how long we've known eachother, and you still don't spell my name right :(
It's funny how the brain works when we read looking at the first and last letter and word length because until this post I would have sworn it was Promethia too...

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The moonglow zoo is working out so well on most shards...
Of course the EM items will be permanent additions for display unlike the Zoo where they vanish over time if points is not kept up.
What I meant by the Moonglow Zoo spin is that items will only be displayed when the shard manages to achieve a goal, as in completing an event/chain of event.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course the EM items will be permanent additions for display unlike the Zoo where they vanish over time if points is not kept up.
What I meant by the Moonglow Zoo spin is that items will only be displayed when the shard manages to achieve a goal, as in completing an event/chain of event.
If you havent seen the EM halls already, definitely check them out. most the EMs keep the halls updated. They are located in malas, each shard has a custumized hall with displays of the event drops. theres usually some sort of a teleporter close to the brit counselors guild / em building where events often start and end.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you havent seen the EM halls already, definitely check them out. most the EMs keep the halls updated. They are located in malas, each shard has a custumized hall with displays of the event drops. theres usually some sort of a teleporter close to the brit counselors guild / em building where events often start and end.
*nods*

On Siege we´ve had this type of displaying going on, didn´t know the other shards did it too. Thanks.
But regardless, I still would like that to be the only items that came from the events to clean up the mess so to speak and let the event goers enjoy the events for what they are.

With that said, to not screw the item collectors completely over with my suggestion they could (without announcing it) spawn a random boss in a random spot anywhere in the world, be it in a dungeon or on overland or on an island somewhere, once a week or so that drops items like they do now. Keeping it random would make exploring the world a bit more exiting again and everyone has a chance to find it and get items.
Then it´s up to the person(s) who finds the boss to decide if they wanna keep it to themselves/their guild or announce it to the shard. At least it gives everyone a fair chance at a drop.

I think keeping it seperated like this would be a good solution.
The events can then keep a more peaceful pace without interruptions from certain elements and where all templates and levels of skill can be a part of it.
And the "treasure hunters" can explore the lands in hopes of finding an undefeated foe and have a chance at a drop.