• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] EM DROPS

LordAngelus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
There is no strategy in the EM events, so it's basically dps a big boss, heal some damage, loot.

I don't consider this to be a challenging PvM experience, that's why I was saying what I like it's just being able to play with many players (like all active players on the shard lol)

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no strategy in the EM events, so it's basically dps a big boss, heal some damage, loot.

I don't consider this to be a challenging PvM experience, that's why I was saying what I like it's just being able to play with many players (like all active players on the shard lol)
Its challenging to get into the top 10 or 15 damagers. thats the whole point of this thread. some think its Too challenging to get into that top bracket of damagers.

I guess id just like Something, anything to be a challenge in UO. PVP is a challenge but is a mess and gets boring after a while with no tangible reward. if theres no longer a challenge vrs reward from EM events, then i would like to see more challenging / rewarding pvm content in the daily game. soloing dreadhorn, slasher, or medusa for a slim chance at something worth 30 - 100 mil is neither a challenge, nor rewarding in my opinion.

Last edited:

LordAngelus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Its challenging to get into the top 10 or 15 damagers. thats the whole point of this thread. some think its Too challenging to get into that top bracket of damagers.

I guess id just like Something, anything to be a challenge in UO. PVP is a challenge but is a mess and gets boring after a while with no tangible reward. if theres no longer a challenge vrs reward from EM events, then i would like to see more challenging / rewarding pvm content in the daily game. soloing dreadhorn, slasher, or medusa for a slim chance at something worth 30 - 100 mil is neither a challenge, nor rewarding in my opinion.

I see what you mean, if you guys (majority) think it's to be a challenge then it should not change format. If the same people always win, maybe it's classes that need rebalance?

On my end I wish there were at least participation rewards (will be worthless but still something you can be proud to have collected)

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You find EM bosses hard? I find them ridiculously easy...

I am not sure if you have fought the bosses we fought but I've seen some that are impossible to kill on your own not even if you're fully suited with the best gear and potions.

Tell me how do you can win against a boss that sucks you in upon damage, drops acid and paralyses you at the same time, converts your damage to 1pt and itself has HP regeneration of 50+? I've seen that on Asian shard bosses and it took 100+ players over 5 hours to take it down.

The EMs has a playbook of every known script of monster abilities and it basically comes down to how much fun the EM wants to have with the players.

Last edited:

Sadie-

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You still dodge the balance I am speaking of.
Lets talk about Balance shall we. How can we balance a game where everything is broken and we have come to accept this? UO is a 16 year old game and it has more let me underline this... MORE balance than a game that has several different TEAMS of people working together. World of Warcraft for example in PvE or PvP they cannot achieve perfect balance. Rogues were OP for so long but did that mean everyone was good if they played a rogue? No a player named Reckful found a way to make his rogue top of the line in PvP and everyone slowly followed suit. Every season that comes and goes in WoW you have the "God comps" which means for those who have never played WoW the classes that are OP and if they work together your never going to out damage them (now this is not completely true some people can beat a god comp but its really hard) and these God comps change almost every 3 seasons because blizzard can't perfect their Balance system so they just rotate it. Now in UO you have a group of people who have found templates and suit builds to make their characters top of the line for Events (you call them greedy, OP, etc) these people are posting in this thread repeatedly telling YOU how to make it easier and better for yourself and instead of following suit and upgrading your character your whining and repeating yourself. Theres no real Balance that's going to satisfy you all. It's impossible to Satisfy everyone.

Those that's worth 1 billion + points we all know only a few of the die-hard players will achieve that and for them, kudos if they get one and I have no problem they sell it for 1 billion GP as they deserve it. For those casual players, they can still rack up points but claim reward at their own time and perhaps a smaller reward but still rare to them. This way, EVERYONE WINS!!!!!!
This wouldn't work out well in the long run because just like champs or Blackthorns castle there are people who find a way to abuse it and then the people who don't know how or don't want to know how to abuse it complain because they can not get these items fast enough and feel like they have to resort to buying from the "scripters" "hackers" "etc".

If you put your maxed stat suit on my fencer I still will not get in the top damage %.
As Solus said just because YOU can't do it doesn't mean others can't. Some people are better at playing certain temps than others (not saying your bad).

I think we all know that is pretty much not true. Even if all the throwers has regular weapons and the fencer had a jacked out slayer the thrower would still out perform. Unless you can show some stats on that I don't buy it, sorry.
Uhm wrong lets pull up uoguide...
Slayer Spellbook Examples using Corp Por:
Normal Spellbook Energy Bolt vs. Ancient Worm: 35 Damage
Reptile Slayer [Super Slayer] vs. Ancient Worm: 70 Damage
Dragon Slayer [Lesser Slayer] vs. Ancient Worm: 110+ Damage

now that's just an example for casters. Let me highlight these for effect. That's a TON of damage difference don't you think the same is applied to Weapons aka throwers???

@Assia could you go to UOguide and verify these stats for us because I might be falsifying this information. (There is a hyperlink for those who want to see for themselves.)

I am truly sorry our new EM witnessed all this. Why should EM's put up with immature people constantly. And the sad this Is.. this is at a Meet & Greet... hell of a lot worse at an actual event.
Sadly this is the kind of stuff EMs have to put up with we can't change that EM's don't have powers (correct me if im wrong here I am not all knowing) for risks of being abused not all EMs are perfect they are still jut human. I personally think thats why they have the system of reporting GMs are not constantly around people so they do not develop favorites (or thats how its meant to be) so their jailing/bans/ etc are supposed to be unbiased. While EMs are exposed to the same group of people over and over and they do have soft spots for certain people. We as the players have to remember they are not here to serve us they are here to give us enjoyment and add to the game. Report the harassers eventually the marks will add up and they will get banned its a process. Do not forget to Email Mesanna saying "This EM did a wonderful job I really enjoy them". She probably wont respond to you, but this is Positive feedback so she doesn't always see Negative feedback about EMs and think that they should be moved or are not enjoyed. Don't forget to tell your shard EM how much your appreciate them as well they are here as Volunteers (paid but volunteers none the less)

So thank you EMs for all that you do and the wonderful shinies you put into this game.

@EM Bennu
@EM Crysania
@ EM Avalon
@ all the other EMs Past and Present Thank you for all your dedication to this game.

Last edited:

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Manticore said:
Those that's worth 1 billion + points we all know only a few of the die-hard players will achieve that and for them, kudos if they get one and I have no problem they sell it for 1 billion GP as they deserve it. For those casual players, they can still rack up points but claim reward at their own time and perhaps a smaller reward but still rare to them. This way, EVERYONE WINS!!!!!!​
This wouldn't work out well in the long run because just like champs or Blackthorns castle there are people who find a way to abuse it and then the people who don't know how or don't want to know how to abuse it complain because they can not get these items fast enough and feel like they have to resort to buying from the "scripters" "hackers" "etc".

This is different. The Champs system and Blackthorn Castle are ongoing 24/7 and not controlled. The EM events are controlled and only once per week per shard on average. Only the monsters created by the EMs are marked with the script to give points to players who does damage. And when enough damage is done they receive a trinket that's marked and can be claimed for points at the reward NPC station. Granted the way to aubse this is to duped the trinkets but that's a totally different issue and requires developers to fix. However there is another way, i.e. using the current NPC gambling system whereby the amount of gambling chips is tied into your char that shows up as a number rather than an imaginary tangible item, using that method to accumulate points would prevent the duping abuse.

Basically, if you attended every event and tried your hardest to maximize your points via attacking everything that's thrown at you, at the end of the year and when you have accumulated a billion points, you deserve the special item that's worth a billion points to get and I would gladly pay you the billion GP to get it off your hands. A billion points item is no less a super rare to me because i'll know how tough it was to get it. These type of items stands the test of times, just look at an artifact 12 the ruined painting, i.e. a decade later it is still selling strong.

At the same time, there are smaller rewards that the causal gamer can also claim and feel good about contributing to these events. More importantly, it will take the pressure off the EMs of not worrying about creating items and reduce the unwarranted complaints from players so that everyone can enjoy these events once again.

This would also fix the templates issue because the problem recently has been Mages doing 1000 points of damage and not getting the looting rights against the thrower who did 1001 damage. Now, both templates or all templates will accumulate points. Mesanna has created a healer's script in the past so if that gets refined then that class of chars are taken care of as well.

This also fixes the newbi char issues, sure go create one and show up, the max damage you'll do is 10points so it might take you 500 new accounts worth of Newbis to do enough damage as an experienced Mage so that evens that playing field.

This would also fix the problem of one person bringing in 4 accounts in the sense that they will have 4 chars earning points by themselves and not pooling their chances of getting the item or multiple items or pool their points to get the one big item before the right amount of time was put in.

As for the number of items that can eventually be out in circulation, I don't think it matters either. perfect example is the Two Story statue, we all know its been duped to no end and yet they are 2-300 mil a pop. Why? Because they are just gorgeous to own.

What it boils down to is the type of reward begin created and are circulated out of the menu say once a year to stay rare and the point spread between the items to take into account both full-time Event goers and casual gamers. The current reward system doesn't have any really big ticketed items.

If I am Lt. Snuggles, Sadie, ShuShu, Olcher, Nails, 4Runnersport, etc... this system will not affect the way I play, i.e. I will still do massive damage with my skills and suits and accumulate points faster for that big prize that i can either collect or sell.

If I am Linemen, Manticore etc... this system will also work because even though I am the 11th or 12th person or beyond any event for top damager, I know I still earned points that I can collect later on.

If I am the casual player, this system will work because I can attend whenever I felt like it and know that the points I've earned will still be accumulated and eventually I can use it to claim a reward that I liked.

Ok I think I just solved everything. Developers? LOL

Last edited:

Sadie-

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And what about new items? There is a plethora of different items going out now whether its Food, Animals, Wearables, Deco, etc. What would this Billion gold item be? would it ever get changed? how often would it get changed? how upset will the people who try to get the billion item be when it gets changed before they can get it?
Your system would benefit those that make it to every single event because they can get those points racked up, It also helps dupers because they just have to script a character to all these events get the points get the item and dupe it and sell it over and over.

*Pokes holes* :heart:Manti

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And what about new items? There is a plethora of different items going out now whether its Food, Animals, Wearables, Deco, etc. What would this Billion gold item be? would it ever get changed? how often would it get changed? how upset will the people who try to get the billion item be when it gets changed before they can get it?
Your system would benefit those that make it to every single event because they can get those points racked up, It also helps dupers because they just have to script a character to all these events get the points get the item and dupe it and sell it over and over.

*Pokes holes* :heart:Manti
Duping is a problem that its beyond this discussion because they are not dependent on these event items existed or not, duping will still happen.

As for the new items the NPC reward system once created with its initial list being long should have an expiration date on it before its rotated out. As for the players who wanted to get the item should know well enough if he/she needs to attend enough events to get the item or just have to wait and buy it from the secondary retail market like what they are doing now. The system benefits all from the casual gamer to the hardcore players because if the casual gamer wants the item bad enough, he/she can either attend more or buy it off someone. And lower end items can be gotten by just attending say even 1 event. My proposal really does address all issues.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

now that's just an example for casters. Let me highlight these for effect. That's a TON of damage difference don't you think the same is applied to Weapons aka throwers???

@Assia could you go to UOguide and verify these stats for us because I might be falsifying this information. (There is a hyperlink for those who want to see for themselves.)
That is what that website says. I have not tested it on TC. Super slayers used to deal more damage than a directed slayer - a long time ago - at least that is what I remember.

I think perhaps what some folks might be saying is there something unbalanced in the coding that makes them throwers more generally effective? Perhaps one of their weapon moves combined with a spell? To be honest, I have never tried a thrower so I am unfamiliar with details.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can confirm that dragon slayer does 300% damage and reptile 200% damage output. It's been like that for years.
I was just saying I thought before that the super slayer used to give more a long time ago. My account is 198 months old... it's been awhile. :)

I think the topic on a template being overpowered should be a separate topic from the EM Event drops. Throughout the history there has always been a flavor of character that has been found unbalanced (particularly in pvp)... everyone makes one so they can compete, then it gets nerfed and something else takes it's place. Is the problem really that it is throwers (or spellweavers, or tamers, or ...) or is it that the drop system itself is flawed?

Sadie-

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
but how is the drop system flawed if everyone plays the "OP" template? everyone can have the exact same template but the suits will vary slightly and if everyone is on the same playing field which they can be if people choose to put in the effort and gold into making these OP temps. Its a completely fair chance at anyone getting a drop

the problem is people dont want to make these OP templates so they want the system changed to benefit them.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is what that website says. I have not tested it on TC. Super slayers used to deal more damage than a directed slayer - a long time ago - at least that is what I remember.

I think perhaps what some folks might be saying is there something unbalanced in the coding that makes them throwers more generally effective? Perhaps one of their weapon moves combined with a spell? To be honest, I have never tried a thrower so I am unfamiliar with details.
Throwers and Archers only do "more damage" because there are Armor ignore weapons available that do 16-20 base damage, while swords top base damage weapon is the longsword at 14-18, seconded by the bladed staff at 14-17. Fencing has the lowest damage at 13-15 with the leafblade.

Game mechanics has made all these weapons "equal" because of the different weapon speeds. archery is slower but has higher damage, fencing faster but has lower damage.
Thing is, you can swing all of them just as fast with enough stamina and swing speed increase.

Swords is highest damager in alot of cases because you can reforge to 100 mana leech. max mana leech on ranged is only 50 but you have more survivability which is why you dont see many swordsmen at events.

you dont need lesser slayer weapons, even tho they more damage, its easy to get near the damage cap with a super slayer / combat skills / and capped damage increase mod.

that being said, ive gotten a few drops on swordsmen. i also know people who have gotten drops on fencers with very good timing.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but how is the drop system flawed if everyone plays the "OP" template? everyone can have the exact same template but the suits will vary slightly and if everyone is on the same playing field which they can be if people choose to put in the effort and gold into making these OP temps. Its a completely fair chance at anyone getting a drop

the problem is people dont want to make these OP templates so they want the system changed to benefit them.
thats what linemans saying he doesnt want to be forced to play a thrower / archer / spellweaver mage / swordsman / tamer mage

Sadie-

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
thats what linemans saying he doesnt want to be forced to play a thrower / archer / spellweaver mage / swordsman / tamer mage
EXACTLY he doesn't want to put in the effort time or gold. IF this were his job and he didn't want to put in the effort then would he still be rewarded?? The answer is no. If he or anyone else chooses not to do something knowing full well that there is a better way and people are willing to help him thats not anyone's fault but his own. Why should he get rewarded for not trying? For those that go for the RP the lore is their reward you can still RP and be a OP template you just have to choose to do so; no one can force them they have to choose so that doesn't mean they should get rewarded.

Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result" - Albert Einstein.

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it would be nice if the game were balanced, but its not. the devs and the EMs try very hard given the resources they have. ill always be happy to see a more balanced game or a better system, but wont be waiting around for it. ill do as much with what we have in the meantime.

P.S. some bosses are horrible for throwers. some bosses guarantee throwers will Not get drops

4runnersport

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no need to say anything. there will always be ppl that wants rewards without spending time revamping there chars. same way in life ppl always want something free without having to work for it. if someone choses to take a break from the game and come back to a updated game with new suits weapons etc and not update all that stuff then wants to start a thread complaining about how its not good enough that's on them. adjusting skills making new armor and weapons isn't fun but you gotta do a lil work if you expect something in return. just like I said b4 if they completely nerfed throwers then the ppl that put the hard work into those chars will just do some changes and be back in the game bc they aren't afraid to do a lil work to get the reward. I also agree there are ppl that go for just the drops that are rude to the ems. I am 100% against that so that is about the only thing I will agree on with the ppl that don't want to do any work and still reap the reward

4runnersport

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the majority of the ppl that attend events is either throwes or weavers. so tell me y is it the same throwers and weavers get the drops most of the time and the same throwers and weavers do not? knowing the mechanics, being quick on identifying the slayer, work as a team xheal and rez fast

Lt.Snuggles

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the EMs really wanted more variety in who gets the drops they wouldn't spawn hybrid Slasher/Crimson/Rikktor that poop acid. You have to never have played the game to know that those monster templates heavily favor specific characters (cough, archer/throwers).

It favors whomever knows how to fight those monsters and avoid dying to their specials.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Because games should have balance and there should not be a OP template. You just don't get it. The only people who like this system are the people who have made gargoyle templates on every shard and dread the thought of balance. (The proof is in the reply's) And you are completely ignorant if you think that everyone should comply and make a OP template. Why should they because of this serious flaw in the game.?

Blue Fly

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its a damage competition as it stands. UO has been trying to create balance for 16 years... There always exists the templates that work better than others in a new or specific environment. Soooooo, people make characters to do different things in the game, that's why we can get up to 7 character slots. People probably aren't making 7 Fencers.

Would you take a tamer to do a Slasher or Exodus and expect to beat it in any reasonable amount of time, if at all?
If you were doing some PVP would you use wrestling as your melee skill with no casting abilities and expect to beat anyone?
Shouldn't wrestling be equal to fencing since they both require 120 skill points? Does that make any sense? (NO!)

If you don't want to better your character and adapt to the times then just be happy to go for the fun and place the annoying people on your ignore list. I refuse to buy gold and never have in 16 years of play, so I either conform and get drops myself to grow my collection or get nothing. I have never worked in a team with anyone and do pretty well so that's not a requirement.

UO shouldn't adopt the "trophy for everyone" mentality! It leaves nothing to be strived for. Just showing up isn't enough if you'd like to get a memento since EVERYONE wants one.

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO shouldn't adopt the "trophy for everyone" mentality! It leaves nothing to be strived for. Just showing up isn't enough if you'd like to get a memento since EVERYONE wants one.
That's not even remotely close to what I am talking about

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would you take a tamer to do a Slasher or Exodus and expect to beat it in any reasonable amount of time, if at all?
If you were doing some PVP would you use wrestling as your melee skill with no casting abilities and expect to beat anyone?
Shouldn't wrestling be equal to fencing since they both require 120 skill points? Does that make any sense? (NO!)
But yet you can take a Thrower to anything

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems like theres 2 groups here, and little midground who actually want a "fair" system
I dont think its fair that only the absolute best characters / templates have a chance at items
I dont think its fair that someone who puts minimal effort into a character / template has just as much chance as someone who cares enough to invest gold, time, effort, and playing skill into events.
(i would love a fair system giving a chance for all while rewarding those who put in the extra effort)
This fair ground you speak of is balance. You are on the right track.

Blue Fly

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lineman, I wasn't speaking directly to you. Was just my 2 cents across many posts I have read. Its not all about YOU! :)
And no... throwers aren't an guarantee, especially when the boss has no slayer.

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lineman, I wasn't speaking directly to you. Was just my 2 cents across many posts I have read. Its not all about YOU! :)
And no... throwers aren't an guarantee, especially when the boss has no slayer.
None of this is about me, its about saving a part of the game that has been a central part of this community for over a decade

Sapphirediablo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why not just have an attendance reward for those who attend and a big reward for three random poeple who participate.
That way there is something for everyone, and still a rare(r) item in the market for collectors.

RPers get something
Rare hunters get something.

Blue Fly

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I'm OK with the current system. I don't think it needs "saving" at all... enough people show up that its already laggy as hell. If there is something that needs to be addressed, lets fix the lag! At least I get something sometimes... Previous 10 years I did not get a single drop. I think this is more fair than it has ever been. People will complain about any system that is put in place, so this is as good as any other. Balancing skills and templates just isn't going to happen any time soon what with the PVM and PVP ramifications being put into play. Midas well go pound sand...

Sadie-

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because games should have balance and there should not be a OP template. You just don't get it. The only people who like this system are the people who have made gargoyle templates on every shard and dread the thought of balance. (The proof is in the reply's) And you are completely ignorant if you think that everyone should comply and make a OP template. Why should they because of this serious flaw in the game.?
No you think this is all about you (the proof is in the replys) I've already addressed your balance topic so many times. Get off your high horse no game has complete balance because it doesn't exist. You just want a drop and you dont want to work for it. nuff said.
:bdh:
imo this topic should be titled "Give me every rare drop for just showing up"

Last edited:

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Or perhaps just "Give everyone, or no-one, an event memento, but don't just favor the (same) few"?

Sadie-

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or perhaps just "Give everyone, or no-one, an event memento, but don't just favor the (same) few"?
Your so right no one should get an event drop just because Some people are too lazy to rework resuit their characters. Lets just do away with collectors all together huh?!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
It's always something. Before throwers existed we all hated the tamers.
I agree that there needs to be some sort of "fix".
I get items sometimes. Sometimes I don't even get the "everyone" drop lol. (I crash or lag or die at the wrong time or whatever) No one should get items every time. (to me that's just excessive)
I do not have a functional idea of how to fix it so I don't complain.

Lord X

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your so right no one should get an event drop just because Some people are too lazy to rework resuit their characters. Lets just do away with collectors all together huh?!

No. but alot of ppl dont even like gargoyles. Let alone garg throwers. Someone could spend alot of time reworking their chars and suits but just not want to be a gargoyle. TBH they shouldnt HAVE to. But its a thing.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No. but alot of ppl dont even like gargoyles. Let alone garg throwers. Someone could spend alot of time reworking their chars and suits but just not want to be a gargoyle. TBH they shouldnt HAVE to. But its a thing.
archer is just as good as a thrower. its just slightly more expensive.

Sadie-

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Spellweave tamers. constant dmg throughout the fight with their dragons plus arcane empowerment and mage spells then at the end 500-800+ dmg Word of Deaths, OR solus's fencer/w/e rp toon on Atl (i have no idea how he gets drops on that character) :confused:

(yes Weavers can do just as much if not more damage than a thrower they just have to have the right suits + slayer books help)

Last edited:

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No you think this is all about you (the proof is in the replys) I've already addressed your balance topic so many times. Get off your high horse no game has complete balance because it doesn't exist. You just want a drop and you dont want to work for it. nuff said.
:bdh:
What have you addressed? You have addressed nothing, you are just one of the few who are happy with the current system because you are riding its wave. I am riding something different and its not a high horse. It is a mule that is slow and steady that will get things changed eventually. But you are right about one thing, no game has complete balance. But the good ones KNOW when something is extremely unbalanced and make changes.

And as far as me wanting every drop? Well that ship sailed along time ago. I have no desire for everything. I like the 10 or so item drops. I just don't think the same ten people should get it every event. Sorry call me greedy if you will for thinking that. I think every developed character (besides trade skill builds) should have a chance at a drop. like I said before,eventually people will just drop rare collecting completely if they never have a chance at drops.

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thrower / archer is the simplest competitive template to play. its far from the only template. its far from the best template. its just one of the more common cause its easy to build and works sometimes. UO players are imaginative and thats the point of the game. You dont have to play a "class" you can use your skill points however you want. there are much higher damage output templates out there. If the competition were higher im sure you would see more complex templates. Limit all drops to 1/1, im sure you wont see any more basic throwers.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It does depend on which mobs/abilities are used for the Event Bosses, IMO too often the EMs use the "Slasher" model, which is anti-tamer & Anti-melee (near auto kill on pets & endless stuns til death) so basically it caters to the ranged dexer types (Throwers & Archers), of course not every event is like this, but they don't really have any mobs that are harder for ranged classes to kill. Everything is either weak to everything or weak to only archery/throwing.

I say they start using corrupted life leech, with the executioner's reflect 50% damage ability, & triple damage to pets, just to see if there's a difference in which templates come out ahead for drops.

Sadie-

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What have you addressed? You have addressed nothing, you are just one of the few who are happy with the current system because you are riding its wave. I am riding something different and its not a high horse. It is a mule that is slow and steady that will get things changed eventually. But you are right about one thing, no game has complete balance. But the good ones KNOW when something is extremely unbalanced and make changes.

And as far as me wanting every drop? Well that ship sailed along time ago. I have no desire for everything. I like the 10 or so item drops. I just don't think the same ten people should get it every event. Sorry call me greedy if you will for thinking that. I think every developed character (besides trade skill builds) should have a chance at a drop. like I said before,eventually people will just drop rare collecting completely if they never have a chance at drops.
I never called you greedy but you've called everyone else who has not agreed with you greedy several times. Me riding its wave? I barely go to events when I do its because I get asked to go to hang out. I rarely get drops so no I wouldn't say im riding any wave I'm just not oblivious to the obvious solutions.
You dont want to play a thrower fine play an archer oh your going to complain about not wanting to play a melee temp okay play a spellweave tamer oh no you dont want to play mage/tamer?? Fine go to the Fel events and play a thief. those are your options pick a new one to complain about.
God I used to play a Cartographer tamer (which i still have) and I went to events with this tamer I would get 1-2 drops every year I didnt complain and rant on any forums I met LTSnuggles while pvping an he showed me an easier template (i.e throwers.) So now if i go to an event i play a thrower because it so much easier than healing my GD 24/7 and praying i do enough damage. You have several options available to you no one can make you do anything if you dont want to work for it dont do it.

LOOK BELOW TO SEE WHAT IVE ADDRESSED.

BALANCE
Lets talk about Balance shall we. How can we balance a game where everything is broken and we have come to accept this? UO is a 16 year old game and it has more let me underline this... MORE balance than a game that has several different TEAMS of people working together. World of Warcraft for example in PvE or PvP they cannot achieve perfect balance. Rogues were OP for so long but did that mean everyone was good if they played a rogue? No a player named Reckful found a way to make his rogue top of the line in PvP and everyone slowly followed suit. Every season that comes and goes in WoW you have the "God comps" which means for those who have never played WoW the classes that are OP and if they work together your never going to out damage them (now this is not completely true some people can beat a god comp but its really hard) and these God comps change almost every 3 seasons because blizzard can't perfect their Balance system so they just rotate it. Now in UO you have a group of people who have found templates and suit builds to make their characters top of the line for Events (you call them greedy, OP, etc) these people are posting in this thread repeatedly telling YOU how to make it easier and better for yourself and instead of following suit and upgrading your character your whining and repeating yourself. Theres no real Balance that's going to satisfy you all. It's impossible to Satisfy everyone.

Statistics of damage:

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never called you greedy but you've called everyone else who has not agreed with you greedy several times..
You are quick with the quotes, please show me where I have called someone greedy? As far as your proof of balance I know how game mechanics and working as a team works but thank you for the refresher. You will never agree with me and that is fine, you have your opinion. I am addressing what the majority of UO feels.

4runnersport

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lineman couldn't pull a 10 drop if there was only 9 ppl at the event and he was the only thrower.. then he would complain about it. just let him rant on about his outdated suits and temp isn't working and enjoy the show

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lineman couldn't pull a 10 drop if there was only 9 ppl at the event and he was the only thrower.. then he would complain about it. just let him rant on about his outdated suits and temp isn't working and enjoy the show
I know you guys must feel threatened because this is being brought to light. Would it make you feel better if I said Gargoyle throwers were not overpowered? There I said it, there not. Its just everyone else is underpowered is the problem. This subject isn't going anywhere sport, so please do, enjoy the show.

4runnersport

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how am I threatened? I know how to adapt. I started events last year knowing nothing about them and after about 2 r 3 events I adapted and learned. I doubt it would take more than that to learn again if need be but as for now ill keep doing what im doing :)

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For consistent drops I've seen 3 classes of templates, thrower, archer, and weaver.

The rest can get items but just not as consistent.

These are the people who are now getting more than 75% of all items dropped per season combined. There are a few locals but these are X-shard players, i.e. multiple chars on mainly North American Shards and Drachenfels and Europa. A few also have chars on Asian shards too. I am among that list, like I said, I've adapted too and will continue to adapt whatever the change gets implemented or not. And I am pretty sure that if they change the system, these below will go with the flow and change new templates so then we're back to square 1 LOL.

For example Nails is a weaver and he scores 75%+ on items
ShuShu = thrower/wraith he scores 75%+ on items
Lt Snuggles = thrower, archer he has all kinds of toons 75%+ on items
Sadie = thrower/wraith she scores 75%+ on items
4runnersport = thrower, not sure on % but does very well
smoot = thrower, not sure on % but does very well
Lord X = thrower, not sure on % but does very well
Tami = not sure template but does very well
Olchere = thrower, tamer, weaver just a bunch 80%+
Cynide Mage = thrower/wraith, he scores 75%+ on items
Manticore = mainly thrower and 1 dexer on baja, 20%+ on items (i just suck that's all lol)
Varrius = thrower, use to be 75%+
Virum = thrower, use to be 75%+
Exploit = thrower, use to be 75%+
Promethia = thrower, except for Atlantic dexer, use to be 75%+ except for Napa
Jinx = weaver, 20%+ like me
AnAn = thrower, 50%+
Shumer = thrower may be weaver, 50%+
Mongbat = thrower, 50%+
Big Smoke = thrower may be weaver, 50%+
Ixtab = weaver, 75%+
Goodman = thrower, 50%+ when he attends
Rylo = thrower, 75%+ when he use to do events