• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Developer Meet And Greet Origin Shard March 20th, 2017

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I just think its funny that players on low pop shards, have to go to Atl to buy items that were farmed on those same low pop shards, and then transferred to Atl, so they can be bought and then transferred back and used.

:pirate:
I would imagine this is a low occurrence since it's only be feasible with 14+ year vets on low populated shards.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm at the point where I rarely have time to play, don't have a lot of spare gold, and still don't have shard shields. From what I've read, it sounds like I'll need to be buying power scrolls to take advantage of the pet revamp with my tamer characters, which are the types of characters I've grown to enjoy using the most. Unfortunately, if this means I will have to resort to buying power scrolls or gold from third party sites to be able to afford to buy the scrolls from in-game vendors, I'm likely to just let that game addition pass me by as well as all the other most recent changes.

Power scrolls have always been something the vast majority of players have to obtain. Unfortunately, not everyone is good at or enjoys PvP to be able to get the scrolls themselves and I'm sure a lot of people who don't PvP have grown bitter over the years at the stranglehold some groups of players have achieved over the power scroll supply. Shard shields may have mitigated that bitterness for some PvM-only players but I think there are still a lot of people like me who don't PvP and who don't have shard shields who find themselves in the same situation. If the dev team would let us get power scrolls (and not just 105s) from non-Fel champ spawns, it would be a different situation. But the way things stand now, I know I can't get the scrolls myself by going to Fel and I really, really hate the idea of paying cash, one way or another (buying gold or buying scrolls), to other players to get them. If I have to pay cash, I'd far rather pay it to Broadsword where it could actually end up improving UO and not some random player's bottom line.
They'd be smart to do a short sale on these during the release of publish 97.

Give it 3 or 4 days and turn off the spigot.

Win/win

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Why would you spend $40 to buy an item off shard?
Let's revise that estimate a bit. You'd be spending $40 per character you needed to get scrolls for, so potentially $280 per server, per account.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wouldn't it be better to make it possible to go get the stuff in game by playing? Add power scrolls to Tram and VvV. Increase the fun ways to go out and get them, which will increase the number of people going out to get them, which will increase the number that will be for sale.People who want the thrill of raiders attacking them can do Fel, those that love the focus of PvM can do Tram, and those that only want to PvP can do VvV.
This would destroy scroll prices inside a month or two. there would be so many farming in trammel that magery 120 would cost 500K. then no one would do spawns anymore unless they have to scroll a character. spawns would be become dead content. horrid idea

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This would destroy scroll prices inside a month or two. there would be so many farming in trammel that magery 120 would cost 500K. then no one would do spawns anymore unless they have to scroll a character. spawns would be become dead content. horrid idea
That's a line of BS... How do you know that??? It has already been this way for years with the gluttony of scrolls out there...

It won't change a thing it'll just give newer players and returning players less of a hassle in getting them for themselves...

NO one will be forced to pay the over inflated prices for them is all... those who want immediate satisfaction will still pay for it.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Let's revise that estimate a bit. You'd be spending $40 per character you needed to get scrolls for, so potentially $280 per server, per account.
Sure that'd also be true, however this was based off the previous example from Uriah (?) where they transferred to a shard for a single item.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
That's a line of BS... How do you know that??? It has already been this way for years with the gluttony of scrolls out there...

It won't change a thing it'll just give newer players and returning players less of a hassle in getting them for themselves...

NO one will be forced to pay the over inflated prices for them is all... those who want immediate satisfaction will still pay for it.
Again, powerscrolls are a Fel based system.

If people do not want to play a Fel based system they have the other 95% of game content to play.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sure that'd also be true, however this was based off the previous example from Uriah (?) where they transferred to a shard for a single item.
Don't think it was me, I pay monthly for 3 accounts...and that's about all they get from me =)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But realistically, with the shields, I have gone to GL or Atl for specific items that I couldn't find on Legends, or couldn't find qty of.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Again, powerscrolls are a Fel based system.

If people do not want to play a Fel based system they have the other 95% of game content to play.
And then how are they going to get powerscrolls???

Then they have to pay for them... and if you don't want to do vendors... you can't sell anything.... therefore making money in the game is nearly impossible ... some people enjoy just being self sufficient and not being forced to rely on others. I personally don't want to pay someone large amounts of gold for something I ought to be able to get on my own.

And I know I'm not alone in that... Doesn't cost me gold to farm it myself... but then I have to put up with every twit on the shard wanting to PvP... I don't want to fight anyone. If I wanted to do that I'd join VvV...

If I didn't have to go to Fel to get a decent PS or Mastery I wouldn't. But some DEV thinks that I should have to be some sheep for slaughter and that will some how make my gaming experience better... Well it doesn't... just serves to piss me off.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord

Then they have to pay for them... and if you don't want to do vendors... you can't sell anything.... therefore making money in the game is nearly impossible ... some people enjoy just being self sufficient and not being forced to rely on others. I personally don't want to pay someone large amounts of gold for something I ought to be able to get on my own.

And I know I'm not alone in that... Doesn't cost me gold to farm it myself... but then I have to put up with every twit on the shard wanting to PvP... I don't want to fight anyone. If I wanted to do that I'd join VvV...

If I didn't have to go to Fel to get a decent PS or Mastery I wouldn't. But some DEV thinks that I should have to be some sheep for slaughter and that will some how make my gaming experience better... Well it doesn't... just serves to piss me off.
On another board they call it Non Consensual PVP and are making it a big push to have PS shard bound. The theory is by locking these down to a shard it will force more people on a shard into Fel.

I guess my problem with this is that under the guise of "helping a shards economy" (which the move doesn't) a group of people are pushing the agenda so they have more targets to harass in Fel. They are pushing very hard getting the word out to submit your feedback that you are for making PS shard bound.

If you are against the idea. I would recommend rallying your troops and getting your feedback in as well.

Personally I feel its a silly idea that would not really make a difference in a shards economy at all. My feedback has already been provided to the Dev team around that.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Don't think it was me, I pay monthly for 3 accounts...and that's about all they get from me =)
Don't recall who it was and I assume they had transfer shield tokens.

Thought it was you.

MoxZinnia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
There is quite a bit of ground between supply being so low that Atlantic sucks up all scrolls from all shards leaving everyone else empty handed, and a market so saturated the scrolls are worthless. Easy enough to adjust the drop rate.

Right now the dev's think there is a supply and demand problem. The demand seems to be too much higher than the supply. Creating a system where people can meet the demand in a way that is fun seems like a good idea to me.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Making money is extremely easy when you have access to 95% of the game content with no chance of PVP.

Don't confuse preference with necessity.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
There is quite a bit of ground between supply being so low that Atlantic sucks up all scrolls from all shards leaving everyone else empty handed, and a market so saturated the scrolls are worthless. Easy enough to adjust the drop rate.

Right now the dev's think there is a supply and demand problem. The demand seems to be too much higher than the supply. Creating a system where people can meet the demand in a way that is fun seems like a good idea to me.
I would expect them to make that decision based on Data. How many PS's are being issued by which shards.

If they are not being issued then the shard is not working the spawn. If they are being issued, what is the use rate of the item on the shard. consumed vs merged.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
On another board they call it Non Consensual PVP and are making it a big push to have PS shard bound. The theory is by locking these down to a shard it will force more people on a shard into Fel.

I guess my problem with this is that under the guise of "helping a shards economy" (which the move doesn't) a group of people are pushing the agenda so they have more targets to harass in Fel. They are pushing very hard getting the word out to submit your feedback that you are for making PS shard bound.

If you are against the idea. I would recommend rallying your troops and getting your feedback in as well.

Personally I feel its a silly idea that would not really make a difference in a shards economy at all. My feedback has already been provided to the Dev team around that.
Don't be mistaken, this wasn't anyone's idea but the devs that I'm aware of.

Yeah, I browsed the HOT forums, and primarily Link seems to be in favor of power scrolls being shard bound over there.

They also took credit for getting the devs to incorporate power scrolls into the pet revamps.

I think both are pretty ****ty ideas.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL this isn't even a debate. Only changing power scrolls isn't gonna fix the economy alone. All packpack drops need to be shard bound to fix the economy. Trammel has a ridiculous amount of content which would pay for all your scroll needs with one or two drops. Noone has to run spawns as it is now, you can get a slither or cameo drop and sell it and scroll an entire character or two depending on the template. Personally I think primers should be fel only as well. Seems people that are against this want the game to fail and shutdown. LOL

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
LOL this isn't even a debate. Only changing power scrolls isn't gonna fix the economy alone. All packpack drops need to be shard bound to fix the economy. Trammel has a ridiculous amount of content which would pay for all your scroll needs with one or two drops. Noone has to run spawns as it is now, you can get a slither or cameo drop and sell it and scroll an entire character or two depending on the template. Personally I think primers should be fel only as well. Seems people that are against this want the game to fail and shutdown. LOL
Yeah that's one way to fix it.

I'm not in favor of making everything shard bound when they can just fix the initial problem of shard transfers.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
NO it would not. I am so tired hearing we need reward to PvP and all this BS about Risk V Reward when the only people RISKING anything are the toons set up to do the spawn (PvMers) and the PKers (they call themselves PvPers) come in and kill the PvMers and steal everything, what a joke. This will take away all our goodies in FEL.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've done Medusa 100's of times and I never got a slither... done the roof a few times got 1 drop first time.... never gotten anything there since... so while you all think this is easy I'll say for MOST normal players Non-power games ..... it is NOT easy....

I'd rather the game did shut down than see it swirl the drain

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
No it won't but it's a start. First you pick one item, once people see it's not the end of the world you do it again with some other items... but you have to start somewhere.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Incorrect...You'd be able to easily run 4 X-Healing Sampires and do them all day afk...look at blackthorn..useless

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Incorrect...You'd be able to easily run 4 X-Healing Sampires and do them all day afk...look at blackthorn..useless

I don't afk UO... and I have a sampire... I'd rather never play one. I could infact run 3 4 x-healing sampire sets but I will not.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You complain you can't hit with an archer, it was never an accusation that you would..other people would and the market would be FLOOOOODED in a matter of weeks.

Highly doubtful... with the amount of spawns being done now on dead shards and everywhere else there already is a glut of scrolls .... with the number that have been duped and such over the years... and how many I know are stacked up and stored up in house after house in Tram and Fel on every shard... I seriously doubt what you are saying is true.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Problem is getting something like magery, taming, or eval 120 is slim to none between getting 4000 wrestling, macefighting, and other scrolls no one wants....

and I for one am sick and tired of hearing what crap is worth and IMO that's the worst thing wrong with the game anymore ... it's not about helping others, having fun with a group and helping the guild and your friends it's all about making a buck and what every little thing is worth...

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Based on the power scroll vendors I've seen on several shards I assumed these PS were duped pretty heavily.

Always stocked the same way and in a specific order.

Never out of stock

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would imagine this is a low occurrence since it's only be feasible with 14+ year vets on low populated shards.
This is why we can't agree on how the economy works within the game because you have such a limited scope of how the game works.

The shard transferring system is used religiously in this game by not just the 15 year vets, but also those who KNOW the 15 year vets. Items are piggy backed to and from atl on a regular and consistent daily basis, and for bigger trips, transfers are used.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Based on the power scroll vendors I've seen on several shards I assumed these PS were duped pretty heavily.

Never out of stock
All those shard downs and reverts don't happen without a reason. Wait until after the pet changes...I am sure blue beetle popularity will be on the rise in a few tight circles.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Mesanna and UO staff. You are all nuts to think that shard binding items will fix your issues. Perhaps if you all weren't so interested in artificially inflating the number of people online for EA, you might actually be concerned with what the multibotters are doing to ruin the experience for the rest of us.

So you want to shard bind items to curb the boxers and the bots? How about you just say no to multiboxers and fix the actual problem...instead of just trying to put a damn band aid on everything potentially destroying the game as we know it for everyone else.

The numbers on paper may look good atm with all the boxers logged in, but wait until a large swath of players leave taking their 10+ paying accounts with them as you continue to look the other way in the pursuit of profit. (ironically, math would prove more will be lost than gained over time)

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The idea to shard lock PSs in order to alleviate low population on shards reminds me of the introduction of shard shields. The same "Lets take a bad situation and make it much worse." Just like players with shields suck the life out of economies of the lesser populated shards, shard locking PSs will just allow local PK guilds to have that much more of a monopoly on an essential resource. More people would quit or move to Atl because at least there is competition between PvP guilds there.

There are two reasons people leave lesser populated shards:
1) They like a busy shard
2) They can't handle non-existent economy on shards other than Atlantic.

Not much can be done with #1. And it's as it should be. Some people like crowds, others like peace and quiet.
However, the economy can be fixed or at least propped up. The radical solution is give everyone access to other shad's markets. You can make it in a form of temporary (30 min) transfer available to everyone. Making it temporary will still preserve the value of shard shields while remove the aspect that was abused from it. Alternatively, make a virtual AH accessible to all.

A simpler half measure would be to remove weekly fees from vendors. I'd be happy to sell what I can on my shard, but because most items take a month or more to find their buyer regardless of how I price them - it's rather pointless. Charge a percentage for each sale but get rid of weekly fees.

I think if you implement something like that, Atlantic will still remain the most populous, but you will see a healthy jump in population in other shards.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This is why we can't agree on how the economy works within the game because you have such a limited scope of how the game works.

The shard transferring system is used religiously in this game by not just the 15 year vets, but also those who KNOW the 15 year vets. Items are piggy backed to and from atl on a regular and consistent daily basis, and for bigger trips, transfers are used.
Well first, shard shields are 14 year vet rewards.

Second, you have a very small grasp of economics to begin with, which is why we will probably never reach a consensus.

Third, that response was a reply to a specific example where the character transferred to ATL for one item and back.

So please, just stop, you're not doing yourself any favors.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Shard Binding PS will not stop MultiBoxing, in fact it will encourage it even more so the select few that MultiBox will try to control all PSs on every shard and make everybody pay Atl prices anyways.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well first, shard shields are 14 year vet rewards.

Second, you have a very small grasp of economics to begin with, which is why we will probably never reach a consensus.

Third, that response was a reply to a specific example where the character transferred to ATL for one item and back.

So please, just stop, you're not doing yourself any favors.
Again, you are arguing semantics. Second, I have an educated view of how the economy works in this game...I personally got to see how it worked from a *top down* perspective. As a broker you get to see stuff like this, because you work with the currency and the goods on a daily basis for years. Unfortunately for me, I cannot teach you to see how the game works because you have no interest in learning the process, or even hearing that you might be wrong. This game's economy does not work like the real world's economy...you can't dupe yourself and work two jobs at the same time for instance...

Third, who cares how many items it is...your example hardly explained your reply.

Stop? It is active discussion which helps facilitate growth and understanding...refusing to see things from other perspectives does not. But I digress, 50 years on this earth is hardly enough time to learn all there is to know...

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Again, you are arguing semantics. Second, I have an educated view of how the economy works in this game...I personally got to see how it worked from a *top down* perspective. As a broker you get to see stuff like this, because you work with the currency and the goods on a daily basis for years. Unfortunately for me, I cannot teach you to see how the game works because you have no interest in learning the process, or even hearing that you might be wrong. This game's economy does not work like the real world's economy...you can't dupe yourself and work two jobs at the same time for instance...

Third, who cares how many items it is...your example hardly explained your reply.

Stop? It is active discussion which helps facilitate growth and understanding...refusing to see things from other perspectives does not. But I digress, 50 years on this earth is hardly enough time to learn all there is to know...
Semantics? No, you're taking snippets of conversation and applying a different context to them. If there's any "semantics" to this, it's because you're not reading the entire thread, let alone have any idea what you're talking about. I didn't have to explain what I meant to you, everyone else that followed the conversation already knew what I was referring to. Especially when it was a response to Garth in regards to the same example.

Further, if you're a broker, you must have slept through economics 101...especially if you cannot even gauge what happens when you flood currency into a market. I mean you could probably even google that.

There's no growth to be had based on false syllogisms.

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The idea to shard lock PSs in order to alleviate low population on shards reminds me of the introduction of shard shields. The same "Lets take a bad situation and make it much worse." Just like players with shields suck the life out of economies of the lesser populated shards, shard locking PSs will just allow local PK guilds to have that much more of a monopoly on an essential resource. More people would quit or move to Atl because at least there is competition between PvP guilds there.

Playing Devil's Advocate here, but do the smallest shards even still have local PK's? In order to "police" every shard 24-7 the population left in uo would need to increase 5 fold in order to raid every active spawn. I don't know if there are nearly enough hardcore pvper's left to watch Atl 24-7, much less all the shards

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Semantics? No, you're taking snippets of conversation and applying a different context to them. If there's any "semantics" to this, it's because you're not reading the entire thread, let alone have any idea what you're talking about. I didn't have to explain what I meant to you, everyone else that followed the conversation already knew what I was referring to. Especially when it was a response to Garth in regards to the same example.

Further, if you're a broker, you must have slept through economics 101...especially if you cannot even gauge what happens when you flood currency into a market. I mean you could probably even google that.

There's no growth to be had based on false syllogisms.
It is semantics when you need to correct someone on the exact year of a shard shield. I don't give two shakes if a shard shield is 14 years or 15 years...the point is moot to me and has no bearing on what I said.

Second, I was responding to you...the rest of it was TLDR...IDC.

Third, I learned the economics of the sandbox by playing in it. Brokering 10 years gives you insight into many areas of the game that 99.5% of the populace have no idea about...yourself included. In fact, I learned too much, got burnt out, and left for many years because I saw how things were being manipulated.

Fourth, my reason for initially posting was to make complaint of these manipulations with the purpose bringing what I know to light. Instead, I get to face opposition from people like you who want to debate semantics instead of facing the actual issues hampering the game we supposedly all enjoy.

Fifth, want to see this game get flushed? Dissuade people like me from posting. You don't seem to get that some of us are here to attempt to save the damn game.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Playing Devil's Advocate here, but do the smallest shards even still have local PK's? In order to "police" every shard 24-7 the population left in uo would need to increase 5 fold in order to raid every active spawn. I don't know if there are nearly enough hardcore pvper's left to watch Atl 24-7, much less all the shards
Oh yes they do. They keep PvP chars on most if not all shards and monitor the spawining areas. The moment they see a target they alert their buddies and login to the shard in question. They may not watch 24/7 but they definitely do it during normal hours and they do it enough to make spawning pointless unless you have protection.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It is semantics when you need to correct someone on the exact year of a shard shield. I don't give two shakes if a shard shield is 14 years or 15 years...the point is moot to me and has no bearing on what I said.

Second, I was responding to you...the rest of it was TLDR...IDC.

Third, I learned the economics of the sandbox by playing in it. Brokering 10 years gives you insight into many areas of the game that 99.5% of the populace have no idea about...yourself included. In fact, I learned too much, got burnt out, and left for many years because I saw how things were being manipulated.

Fourth, my reason for initially posting was to make complaint of these manipulations with the purpose bringing what I know to light. Instead, I get to face opposition from people like you who want to debate semantics instead of facing the actual issues hampering the game we supposedly all enjoy.

Fifth, want to see this game get flushed? Dissuade people like me from posting. You don't seem to get that some of us are here to attempt to save the damn game.
Do you even know what semantics means? Yes the year is relevant, because when you directly quoted me saying they were 14 years, you then stated 15, meaning your comprehension didn't even register to begin with.

The problem is, that it was "TLDR" for you which again, put the statement out of context for you. But you replied without having a clue anyways didn't you?

Also, there's no way you can be a broker. Even the few courses I had over 15 years ago gave me a better understanding of it than you do, or you wouldn't have made the proposterous suggestion about event items earlier in the thread.

In fact do you even wonder why I said they're not tangible?

To your final point, you replied to me, which again had nothing to do with the game. you took a swipe at me and my "limited scope."

But by all means, stop posting, you have no idea what you're talking about.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Never out of stock
It's not possible to dupe powerscrolls unless they've changed them drastically. They are created differently than say a bank check. A bank check has a solid "Value" powerscrolls are created through a StringValue or something I can't really remember I could go through screenshots, and private message it. Think about them the same as items dropped off of Monsters. If you duped a non static i.e. "Artifact" item like a leather tunic with crazy mods and resists after duping it, it would just be it's plain static graphic a base leather tunic. Hope that helps..duping and being able to chain spawn after spawn on dead Shards then transferring are two different beasts. Both are extremely harmful to any economy..

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you even know what semantics means? Yes the year is relevant, because when you directly quoted me saying they were 14 years, you then stated 15, meaning your comprehension didn't even register to begin with.
Wait, one minute you ask me if I know what semantics means, then the next you tell me the semantics are relevant? Make up your damn mind. As I stated, 14 or 15 is irrelevant to a person playing on an 8 year old account. My others are older, but less developed...

The problem is, that it was "TLDR" for you which again, put the statement out of context for you. But you replied without having a clue anyways didn't you?
I was responding to you directly, and rather than respond directly you chose to obfuscate your response...which is why this banter has gone off the rails via another of your trollfests.

Also, there's no way you can be a broker. Even the few courses I had over 15 years ago gave me a better understanding of it than you do, or you wouldn't have made the proposterous suggestion about event items earlier in the thread.
Who is taking what out of context here. I said the economy was based on the rares market, and then I expanded on that and tried to explain how the latest EM items were testament to how skewed the market is atm. I stated that due to EM items going for rock bottom prices, the rest of the market suffered. I then said this was directly related to multiboxer's manipulating the market for their own gains. One of these individuals is Treyster, who runs 10 accounts at every event.

No way I was a broker? Why don't you ask Nails, Manticore, or how about Nabin, or any of a dozen or so collectors, traders, and brokers who were around 2011 and before? I provided a service intended to help keep people safe from unscrupulous trades, what did you have to offer this game?

In fact do you even wonder why I said they're not tangible?
Do you think I didn't notice? Unfortunately in terms of the game's reality, it all has tangibility. If I can interact with it, move it, manipulate it, or be blocked by it, the game would consider the items to be *tangible*.

To your final point, you replied to me, which again had nothing to do with the game. you took a swipe at me and my "limited scope."
You do indeed have a limited notion of how things work, it is called ignorance. That isn't a swipe at you, it is a swipe at the way you choose (in this case, choose to ignore) to interpret facts.

FYI, I have been a part of stratics since 2001 trying to be an active part of the community...how about you?

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Wait, one minute you ask me if I know what semantics means, then the next you tell me the semantics are relevant? Make up your damn mind. As I stated, 14 or 15 is irrelevant to a person playing on an 8 year old account. My others are older, but less developed...
Your lack of comprehension is not a matter of semantics.

I was responding to you directly, and rather than respond directly you chose to obfuscate your response...which is why this banter has gone off the rails via another of your trollfests.
Why would I make an argument for something based out of context? You drew a false conclusion because you didn't read the thread and expected me to argue in favor it? This is like you asking me about inflation and me replying "peanut butter".

Do you think I didn't notice? Unfortunately in terms of the game's reality, it all has tangibility. If I can interact with it, move it, manipulate it, or be blocked by it, the game would consider the items to be *tangible*.
LOL. For your benefit, it also means arriving at an approximate value. If you ever been to event and see them spamming the item anywhere between 100m and 400m you'd understand what i was getting at.

ou do indeed have a limited notion of how things work, it is called ignorance. That isn't a swipe at you, it is a swipe at the way you choose (in this case, choose to ignore) to interpret facts.

FYI, I have been a part of stratics since 2001 trying to be an active part of the community...how about you?
You sir, are truely conflicted, and judging by post counts in that matter, I have been more active than you. Ever wonder about the banners under my username? Where's yours?