• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Developer Meet And Greet Origin Shard March 20th, 2017

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Larisa submitted a new Article:

Developer Meet And Greet Origin Shard March 20th, 2017

[Victoria]: Good evening
[Mesanna]: Hi Victoria
[Victoria]: I like to see more choices in Stone furniture
[Victoria]: Stone benchs for two, three, four people
[Victoria]: Patio tables, circlular, square and rectangle
[Mesanna]: we can add that
[Victoria]: Stone couchs, and new larger stone statues
[Mesanna]: more items for stone crafting is a good idea
[Victoria]: woot!
[Victoria]: Thank you!
[Mesanna]: most welcome
[Cinderella]: Good Evening
[Cinderella]: I have a new idea for a new race
[Mesanna]: hi Cinderilla
[Cinderella]: PIXIE's
[Cinderella]: my alt Tinkerbell wants to fly
[Cinderella]: I like the looks of "A Throbbing Heart"s...​

Skalazar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Making powerscrolls shard bound these days just seems pointless. Players have all been herded to Atlantic because the dev's have neglected low pop realms to the point of extinction. Making these harder to acquire on Atlantic is not a good idea.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I really hate the shard bound on power scrolls, but most there at the meeting loved the idea. So expand on that and also shard bound the pinks and the blues, anything that deeds with skills, just as the primers are now. Lock them down on that shard forever.

Just remember I hate the idea!

I play across several shards, but Sonoma and Siege are home shards as I have houses there on both. Now Siege is locked, no worries about power scrolls, besides my one char per account there has all they need. On Sonoma I have to bring them in from other shards as there is NEVER enough people to do anything to get the good Power scolls. Other people purchase transfer x2 to get the primer they needed. That was almost $40 for one person. Those that have old enough accounts can get the transfer tokens free. They just need the 15th vet reward shard shield on that account and they all set. I got three more years before I can get my.

Someone once asked at one of the M&G, if they could just purchase, at a one-time price, the years they needed to get the reward shield. I wish they did it.

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Love that Powerscrolls may become shard-bound.... that should have happened a very long time ago tbch.

This also means you'd need to make Powerscroll books shard-bound as well :D

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hate to the "that one," but there isn't a snowball's chance in Hell of making any sort of "functional" economy (for the average player) in UO at this point. That ship has already sailed, was scuttled by pirates and the treasure buried at the bottom of a booby-trapped pit...then plundered by people with more money than sense and sold off at a profit at chinsy market stalls.

Chances are this will be just another nail in the coffin for underpopulated shards

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
The problem isn't that people can't buy power scrolls on their shard.

The problem is people don't put in the hard work to get one for themselves.

Power scroll access is on every shard, available to everyone, and free.

Get some friends together amd go have some fun rounding them up.

Making these shard bound will have little if any positive effect on a shards economy.

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The problem isn't that people can't buy power scrolls on their shard.

The problem is people don't put in the hard work to get one for themselves.

Power scroll access is on every shard, available to everyone, and free.

Get some friends together amd go have some fun rounding them up.

Making these shard bound will have little if any positive effect on a shards economy.
While I respect both yours' and Dot's opinions I disagree. With shard transfer tokens you can still obtain PS anywhere, you just need to "eat" them there. Really the only people this will hurt are those who farm small shards (mostly afk) to then transfer them back to Atlantic where they can make 3-4x the profit

as far as putting in the work, that's mostly what my guild and I have done. My characters are all finished without having to leave Baja or be extorted just because I'm lazy. And I'm not transferring anywhere to pay 25 mil for a power scroll, only to add to some multi-platinum-aire's bottom line.

Again, just my opinion and I do see both sides

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Making Powerscrolls shard bound....... NO... do that and you may as well just hand all the gold over to a select few on certain shards... as no one else will be able do any champ spawns... this was the problem before and it's been the problem since and they control the market. They decide what stuff sells for and they still do whether they sell them on Atl or wherever... they will still control them.

And it's not that people don't WANT to get them themselves... it's that many CAN'T. Or WON'T PvP .... want nothing to do with PvP or Fel... They would get powerscrolls just fine if they weren't forced to open themselves up to a playstyle they prefer not to play.

If you want to "fix" things in the economy start by either stopping the EM Event Drops... Make more at EM Events... Or make the drops shard bound... and stop half the non-sense...

But what you need more than anything is a Gold Sink that doesn't hurt the normal player.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes please shard bound Power Scrolls!!!! That needed to be done the day transfers came out!

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Making Powerscrolls shard bound....... NO... do that and you may as well just hand all the gold over to a select few on certain shards... as no one else will be able do any champ spawns... this was the problem before and it's been the problem since and they control the market. They decide what stuff sells for and they still do whether they sell them on Atl or wherever... they will still control them.

And it's not that people don't WANT to get them themselves... it's that many CAN'T. Or WON'T PvP .... want nothing to do with PvP or Fel... They would get powerscrolls just fine if they weren't forced to open themselves up to a playstyle they prefer not to play.

If you want to "fix" things in the economy start by either stopping the EM Event Drops... Make more at EM Events... Or make the drops shard bound... and stop half the non-sense...

But what you need more than anything is a Gold Sink that doesn't hurt the normal player.
Join a group, learn to defend a fel spawn, do Trammel Spawns and bind PK free. Make a T-Hunter and farm forged pardons and then do spawns as a non VvV let them kill you, give them a murder count and then sell them a forged pardon and save up gold to buy the scrolls. By making powerscrolls shard bound it not only helps re-populate Champ spawns. Makes Scrolls worth more, stops dead shard scripting and ruining all legit players that wanna make a buck. Some 120's still fetch a nice buck, because they are in such high demand. With the amount of ridiculous armor/weapons/templates now 3 people can start and finish a baracoon in like 6-7 minutes. It's no one fault but the players if they refuse to adapt, but yet want EVERYONE to adapt to them lacking in adaptation..

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Guess I'll be maxing all my characters with PS now before this hits
Good luck to all the newwww nvm we don't have new players

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
devs may want to rethink about making ps shard bound. sounds good for some but not others. its can be hard to sell scrolls on low population shards many take to atl or where ever. what will this do to these low populated shards and atl. most low populated shards cant sell much without losing money. is why few venders. what other items will they make shard bound. this sounds like someone/group that controls atl shard has been talking to devs lol. seems like there maybe more fighting on atl but less on low populated shards. I don't know just my thoughts. I haven't heard the reason for this changed. may cause some to leave game that like doing champs, seems stupid. theres many other things that needs to be worked on.

Last edited:

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Low population shard here. If powerscrolls are shard-bound, all the powerscrolls are going to end up in the hands of a pair of hoarding griefers who will trash them for points rather than sell them at any price.

Making them shard-bound is a spectacularly dumb idea.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Why not make everything shard bound and end the need for anyone to travel to any other shard except to move???

I'm sorry but the more you make things shard bound the more you are going to empower those that have shard shields and make others extremely irritated... possibly want to quit.

And I am not saying this in jealousy I have shields to every shard... I'm saying this knowing several who don't have shields and won't be getting shields for any time in the near future.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im not against shard bound when it comes to EM items and other luxury. But to give such advantage to players old enough to have shard shields ..NO sorry. I have all shields and all PS I need for now so its not about me, but everything that gives newer players disadvantage is bad. I do free transfers for players too new for shields, as many others do, but this would struck the most active normal players very hard.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I agree, not sure whether making PS shard bound is a good idea, but they should have made EM event items shard bound from the start. It will be quite a while before I have any Shard Shields, but they are a reward for paying for years and I don't have a problem with other people having them. The Devs created so many problems themselves when they brought Shard Shields into the game!

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
T2A and fel turtle spawns are a thing, so people can potentially get them without being bothered at smaller shards.
I know I do plenty of spawns and never got bothered at Legends.

But I am not sure what to think about shard bound power scrolls yet. I just give mine away to people who need them at Legends.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sb means they will selling more transfer Tokens. Veteran Accounts will raise in pricing.
Imho that's a bad idea. That's again the wrong Step against scripters.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just wondering if I catched that correctly: Pets will be able to eat powerscrolls after the pet revamp? And you still can't transfer pets with the shard shields, can you? Genuinely asking.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mesanna flip-flops so much she should run for president. At one M&G, she stated she didn't like shard bound at all. Anhd since she said that we have seen more and more shard bound items come up. And now, gonna make PS shard bound.

Gotta protect those Atlantic billionaires, can't ahve some of us lowly low pop shard people taking something over there to sell!!! No sir!

Whats next? EM items? SoA and SoT? Anniversary gifts? Why not repossess all the shard shields, and just give everyone a couple of extra picks to make up for it?

Wish we had some solid leadership with a clear vision that could steer this game back to what it should be.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mesanna flip-flops so much she should run for president. At one M&G, she stated she didn't like shard bound at all. Anhd since she said that we have seen more and more shard bound items come up. And now, gonna make PS shard bound.

Gotta protect those Atlantic billionaires, can't ahve some of us lowly low pop shard people taking something over there to sell!!! No sir!

Whats next? EM items? SoA and SoT? Anniversary gifts? Why not repossess all the shard shields, and just give everyone a couple of extra picks to make up for it?

Wish we had some solid leadership with a clear vision that could steer this game back to what it should be.
We should just make characters shard bound and be done with it.

#justdumb

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
That's something to consider to make power scrolls shard bound, I guess.

But objectively let's think this through based on a broad scale.

Cause: stop power scroll transfer from other lower population shards.

(Possible) effects:

1. Currency circulation down from ATL to lower population shards.
A. Possible price drop for power scrolls on low populated shards.
B. Possible price increase for power scrolls on Atlantic.

2. Possible lower power scroll sales on shards with low populations
A. Increased vendor fees
B. Reduced economy with lower currency circulation.

3. Possible maintained powerscroll sales.
A. Shard Revenue neutral, no change

4. Possible increased powerscroll sales.
A. Shard revenue neutral; no change.

So thinking out loud, making these shard bound does not appear to be helpful.

Conditions for deflation would mean volume would have to drop and value increase. Making these items shard bound doesn't meet those conditions because gold is still flow able.

If the idea is to support a player base at the expense of the vendor, it is possible for the vendor to simply leave.

Subjectively, you will be killing a large chunk of my vendor flow since a lot of sales do flow from cross shard economics.

This isn't exactly a huge deal to me, but it will likely lead to decreased stock if it occurs. I store multiple of the same scrolls and if I can't move them, I can't justify doing the spawns to get them.

Thoughts?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Low population shard here. If powerscrolls are shard-bound, all the powerscrolls are going to end up in the hands of a pair of hoarding griefers who will trash them for points rather than sell them at any price.

Making them shard-bound is a spectacularly dumb idea.
That makes no sense. Go farm them yourself if you need them. If you're having trouble cause you're being raided there are options. Join a group, learn how to fend for yourself. This game really isn't that difficult. I know you guys don't want to PvP. So since there's 1000's of way to make bils and bils completely afk in tram I don't understand the complaint. You can just buy them. I think the real issue is the dead Shards have been pretty much afk farming spawns and flooding the populated servers with hundreds of easily farmed spawns. Now that that gravy train is gone..they're worried. This should have been done on Day 1 of transfers.

This is no way an attack on you btw..just the premise of the argument

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why not make everything shard bound and end the need for anyone to travel to any other shard except to move???

I'm sorry but the more you make things shard bound the more you are going to empower those that have shard shields and make others extremely irritated... possibly want to quit.

And I am not saying this in jealousy I have shields to every shard... I'm saying this knowing several who don't have shields and won't be getting shields for any time in the near future.
What do making scrolls shard bound have to do with transfer shields and making people quit. You advocate for things not to happen you don't even do in most cases by your own testament. You don't do events, but want event items to be shard bound and kill that market. You don't want scrolls to be cause then you'd have to go to fel and not be able to go to dead Shards and farm. Why should people on chessy be forced to go to atl because everyone and their mother farms spawns to Xfer there to make gold. This is the first step in righting the almost sunk ship. Now if they fix vendor fees that would really help small communities. Make the fee a solid % and take it from the sale. Then you'd see many more vendors stocked with a decent gold sink as well. Admitting you don't want them shard bound because you get them from slow Shards is the first step. We all know people farm Legends/Origin/LS pretty much unattended. Why is that still ok. This stops that. Plus adds about 1000x more pvp on busy Shards. Don't worry all the dead Shards will again become dead because no one will farm them and you can get your own scrolls to your hearts content afk. This would be a huge plus for the semi still active communities.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
T2A and fel turtle spawns are a thing, so people can potentially get them without being bothered at smaller shards.
I know I do plenty of spawns and never got bothered at Legends.

But I am not sure what to think about shard bound power scrolls yet. I just give mine away to people who need them at Legends.
That's really the point tho. Legends is dead. Why should people be able to farm non stop and flood robust markets and drop prices. This will solve itself within 6 months. Especially with the pet revamp. Even on dead Shards there will be a high demand for 120's again. Magery Eval Resist will fetch huge tags. As they have for awhile already. Once the supply depletes which it inevitably will. It'll force group play again. Even on the deadest Shards(including Legends). Human nature is to progress as quick as posssible.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Making Advancement scrolls shard bound is way over due. Add to the list..

Pinks
Blues
Stat scrolls
Valiant Scrolls

Remove pinks from Champ spawns and leave them only on TChests enlarge their market.

MoxZinnia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Meh, high powerscroll demand is coming, therefore constrict supply as much as possible and conflate prices, rake in $$$. What does a magery 120 sell for on Atlantic right now? If it is currently some ridiculous amount (I'll have to look into it and see what the going rate is), then I'd say closing the market up is a stupid idea.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It's only controversial because people won't be able to farm dead Shards to make $ on ATL. They'll actually have to interact or make use of T2A and try to group up and finish spawns again. This sucks for trammies because they can't afk Legends spawns anymore.

This is one occurrence that happens.

But you are not including sales from people on shards that are bought out from cross sharders, at a mark up.

Part of the economy is measured through the value that is impacted through multiple different levels.

Say if you buy a power scroll, transfer it, and sell it to someone else, the value has impacted at least 3 different people.

If you take that out of the equation and translate it into direct sales you have lost that economic impact down to a minimum of 2.

There's much more to it than this because of what the players that get the gold do with it, but you get the gist.

It has more effect starting from a base of 3 than 2.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Meh, high powerscroll demand is coming, therefore constrict supply as much as possible and conflate prices, rake in $$$. What does a magery 120 sell for on Atlantic right now? If it is currently some ridiculous amount (I'll have to look into it and see what the going rate is), then I'd say closing the market up is a stupid idea.
I believe they are ~30mil on Atlantic at the moment. Locking them to a specific shard may cause a spike initially, but eventually should cause prices to level off based on what the economy on a given shard can support. If there is low demand on a given server prices should lower on that server. Shard binding items like scrolls will break the influence that Atl has on prices everywhere else.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sorry you cannot base this on demand that isn't occurring.

It's like spending you're entire paycheck because you simply bought a lottery ticket.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's the thing. It's not "closing" the market. It's stopping people from Legends or "Insert dead shard" from farming continuously to keep flooding the thriving economies with items. I personally would like character transfers to be nothing more than that. But it'll never happen in that type of context. For one BS would lose $ on tokens.

The scrolls though will still be needed on "insert dead shard" therefore you'll have two options. Buy the item from someone in your community, or farm them yourselves. It's a win win, of course unless you're against pvp. Or ever leaving Trammel uncontested to begin with. Then of course you can do a couple things. Sit on your hands and complain to Stratics it's not fair get me a binky, or form a group learn some game strategy and start spawning. It's pretty simple at its core. The people complaining fall into two catergories. "Well I don't PvP" or "I farm dead Shards for gold". Ones a playstyle, one has ruined almost every economy minus ATL.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That's the thing. It's not "closing" the market. It's stopping people from Legends or "Insert dead shard" from farming continuously to keep flooding the thriving economies with items. I personally would like character transfers to be nothing more than that. But it'll never happen in that type of context. For one BS would lose $ on tokens.

The scrolls though will still be needed on "insert dead shard" therefore you'll have two options. Buy the item from someone in your community, or farm them yourselves. It's a win win, of course unless you're against pvp. Or ever leaving Trammel uncontested to begin with. Then of course you can do a couple things. Sit on your hands and complain to Stratics it's not fair get me a binky, or form a group learn some game strategy and start spawning. It's pretty simple at its core. The people complaining fall into two catergories. "Well I don't PvP" or "I farm dead Shards for gold". Ones a playstyle, one has ruined almost every economy minus ATL.

There is still a 3rd option, transfer a character to a shard they are available, eat said scroll, transfer back.... not as easy for folks without shard shields, but doable.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe they are ~30mil on Atlantic at the moment. Locking them to a specific shard may cause a spike initially, but eventually should cause prices to level off based on what the economy on a given shard can support. If there is low demand on a given server prices should lower on that server. Shard binding items like scrolls will break the influence that Atl has on prices everywhere else.

Bingo! Atl will still have stupid inflated prices. That won't ever change. But if in Chesapeake or Great Lakes no one is biting on 50m it will drop to 45, so on and so forth. Until it reaches its capacity. It makes Scrolls useful almost indefinitely. With an addition of one pet that's a magic caster sucks up around 500 scrolls. Spawning guilds will become a thing again. Which means spawn hunters will be a thing again, which means reds can become a thing again. Which means anti-pks can become a thing again. Which leaves room for the trolling spawn thieves to find themselves employed again. A simple lined code of Shard bound on one stupid item can bring life back to whole new playstyles. Granted it might not be your specific style, but it's someone's.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Bingo! Atl will still have stupid inflated prices. That won't ever change. But if in Chesapeake or Great Lakes no one is biting on 50m it will drop to 45, so on and so forth. Until it reaches its capacity. It makes Scrolls useful almost indefinitely. With an addition of one pet that's a magic caster sucks up around 500 scrolls. Spawning guilds will become a thing again. Which means spawn hunters will be a thing again, which means reds can become a thing again. Which means anti-pks can become a thing again. Which leaves room for the trolling spawn thieves to find themselves employed again. A simple lined code of Shard bound on one stupid item can bring life back to whole new playstyles. Granted it might not be your specific style, but it's someone's.

I can unretire my thief......

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is still a 3rd option, transfer a character to a shard they are available, eat said scroll, transfer back.... not as easy for folks without shard shields, but doable.

Yeah, but it's not practical. Even with shields it's not. It can be done of course. But to save a few mil it doesn't become worth it in many cases. The same arguments a certain person here likes to say about Masteries. 98% of the players wouldn't and don't do that. You're talking 7 characters 14 transfers. With 2 of each shield like 4 months. You can farm 100m afk in a week in UO today. It's not worth the trouble tbh.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can unretire my thief......

People always look at things like how it hurts them specifically. Look at the bigger picture. I'd rather see all of those things back in UO then keep it easier for me because when I need scrolls I just hop on my sampire on Hokuto and farm till my eyes bleed. Which is what happens currently.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
> Join a group

Low population shard. The only time there's a group bigger than what's needed to kill Baracoon is at EM events.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a quick question about Powerscrolls usable by pets, does that mean the +25 max stats will be usable also? and if so with any restrictions??
.....I need to know if I should bump the price of mine by 100mill+ or not ;)

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think we all want to hear how this is done. Can you start a new thread on this subject pleas.
I think I'd be banned...but I'm sure you understand, and just wanna seem like you don't.

On that note, if you can't make 100m a week not afk out spawning, killing medusa, or farming legendaries. It's about time you find another game to play. Especially since 1 decent legendary fetches 100m+

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

It's not black and white.

Pretty much Atlantic will see increased prices which may or may not screw a large part of the player base.

I'm guessing it will because not everyone is rolling around with several platinum.

This will be caused by lack of supply.

It'd take a substantial amount of scrolls to be worth the cost of a transfer token, which is what 80m?

It'll affect lower populated shards because of demand.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not black and white.

Pretty much Atlantic will see increased prices which may or may not screw a large part of the player base.

I'm guessing it will because not everyone is rolling around with several platinum.

This will be caused by lack of supply.

It'd take a substantial amount of scrolls to be worth the cost of a transfer token, which is what 80m?

It'll affect lower populated shards because of demand.
80m is not a lot in today's UO. I mean I can list hundreds of items that sell for 10m+. Doing the roof for a week alone for 1 week 3-4 hours a day casually will yield items worth 200-300m easily without a sweat. I'm not justifying higher prices. Just on that basis alone generally people pay what they are willing to pay. If a 120 Magery was scarce and someone pays 200m that's what they will sell for. If no one is buying it, people lower prices. Supply in demand. It's actually very unfortunate UO'a economy has got so far out of hand that 100m is a low end piece of armor. I don't honestly think they can fix that problem without starting fresh tbh.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
80m is not a lot in today's UO. I mean I can list hundreds of items that sell for 10m+. Doing the roof for a week alone for 1 week 3-4 hours a day casually will yield items worth 200-300m easily without a sweat. I'm not justifying higher prices. Just on that basis alone generally people pay what they are willing to pay. If a 120 Magery was scarce and someone pays 200m that's what they will sell for. If no one is buying it, people lower prices. Supply in demand. It's actually very unfortunate UO'a economy has got so far out of hand that 100m is a low end piece of armor. I don't honestly think they can fix that problem without starting fresh tbh.

It's basic math, no one is going to eat 80M just to transfer scrolls. It doesn't really matter what approximate value anyone derives from it.

Comparatively, no one wants to grind 21-28 hours a week for equivalent value or less. That sucks, period, let alone it requires multiple characters and multiboxing is not legal.

But you're correct, it's all the other items which will cause gold value (not prices) unaffected, based on supply and demand.

Their goal is to simply drive down prices on power scrolls but more supply on lower populated shards. They did not arrive at any conclusion based on overall impact or this wouldn't even be a discussion.

You're also correct, the inflation will not be correct without wiping the gold slate clean in which case you might as well shut the game down. No one is going to stand for years of work down the drain.