• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chessy's PvP Trash Talk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sir Achilles

This is a moderated thread​

Post any and all Chessy PvP trash talk here!

A

Arch Magus

To FOA:

You know Eloominutzor was just one lightning away from feeling pretty damn stupid right? :danceb:

T

truss

you know we just baited you to get you to come out right? you died to a rev inside your house, good job guy.

S

Sir Achilles

We did a harrower today around 12:30pm....no one raided :(

T

truss

We did a harrower today around 12:30pm....no one raided :(

that sucks. wish i would have known. i would have come. that was a fun fight in despise. to bad you guys left instead of pushing. we pushed out and all that was there was a dragon.

S

Sir Achilles

that sucks. wish i would have known. i would have come. that was a fun fight in despise. to bad you guys left instead of pushing. we pushed out and all that was there was a dragon.
Yes it was fun, we were outnumbered and you had the star room locked down, so we just decided to leave rather than all die. I think you got Christina when you all pushed out.

T

truss

Yes it was fun, we were outnumbered and you had the star room locked down, so we just decided to leave rather than all die. I think you got Christina when you all pushed out.
you were out numbered? it was about even. but whatever

M

Mr Moosestache

Probably the same people that used to always say, that my 4-5 guys outnumbered the 9-10 we would be fighting. That used to boggle my mind on a constant basis.

S

Sir Achilles

Probably the same people that used to always say, that my 4-5 guys outnumbered the 9-10 we would be fighting. That used to boggle my mind on a constant basis.
No it was someone I trust in the guild. It doesn't matter anway. It came down to a battle of dragons, we had two, they died pretty quick and we didnt have someone with vet until it was too late.

T

truss

never the less it was fun. i got put in stat on denathar and grabbed my tamer

S

Sir Achilles

wow so you did a harry allied to WoWZ! CONGRATS GUY

You are trash Achilles, dont even try to act like you arent
Personal attacks such as "you are trash" are not allowed in these forums.

Now if I'm not mistaken, you were allied with RoT? I rest my case.

T

Turles

your right were as in was. lol rot is dead please let the guild appr rest in peace

S

Sir Achilles

your right were as in was. lol rot is dead please let the guild appr rest in peace
Are you ashamed to be known as the former allies of FoA Turles? Cause thâts what it sounds like to me?

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
So I cant call you trash Achilles? Now I'm upset. Next time you all pop a harry or do a big fight icq me so I can come watch.

S

Sir Achilles

So I cant call you trash Achilles? Now I'm upset. Next time you all pop a harry or do a big fight icq me so I can come watch.
You can talk trash, just don't make it personal. For example: "That fight sucked!" is ok....however saying "You all suck!" is not acceptable....don't make it personal and you'll be ok.

I'll be sure you ICQ you next time we pop a harry or have a big fight.

S

Sir Achilles

Another Harry...uhoh put all skulls on the altar except for the oaks skull so we took advantage of that and popped it. Uhoh scouted us but didn't raid, they camped out at tera-keep waiting for us...we got out with the scrolls...Nice try boys, better luck next time...

A

Arch Magus

What guild are you in Achilles?

I sincerely apologize for being behind on the times.

L

Lord_Deimos

Personal attacks such as "you are trash" are not allowed in these forums.

Now if I'm not mistaken, you were allied with RoT? I rest my case.
LOL

Ok so because its directed towards YOU it is not allowed, what a laugh.

Btw FoA dropped the alliance with RoT, THEN RoT died. Im the one who decided alliances were lame....My point

Your alliance is really weak, even WoWz thinks so...But they ally you because they have no choice.

:loser:

B

Belanos/Icicle

Why would you moderate a trash talk thread?
or disallow trash talk in a trash talk thread?

S

Sir Achilles

LOL

Ok so because its directed towards YOU it is not allowed, what a laugh.

Btw FoA dropped the alliance with RoT, THEN RoT died. Im the one who decided alliances were lame....My point

Your alliance is really weak, even WoWz thinks so...But they ally you because they have no choice.

:loser:
No, it's not allowed because the RoC states that personal attacks are off limits.

We aren't allied, several of us joined Wowz. Wowz isn't allied to anyone now.

R

RichDC

No, it's not allowed because the RoC states that personal attacks are off limits.
Wouldnt it be better to say that saying someone is trash is ok, as generally, that implies an attack on there skill in game not there character. But saying things like youre a d**k etc are not allowed as they are attacks against a persons character.

Should allow personal attacks on the way a person plays the game but not on there character.

Just my 2cents from a lover of PvP trash talk boards.

blueturtle

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
personally i dont think saying you are trash is a personal attack, its the way some people play that makes them trash, no reason to take things personal over a game :/

N

Nastia Cross

This is why having a "PvP Trash Talk Thread" on Stratics will NEVER work.

R

RichDC

I think that if moderators understood calling someone trash or useless or s**t, isnt a personal attack its an attack on in game skill or character. I love all the trash talk, i just finished up origins and its funny as hell...your trash, no your trash, i dominate, no i dominate, ok duel...silence :p

Only wish there were more screenies.

S

Sir Achilles

This is why having a "PvP Trash Talk Thread" on Stratics will NEVER work.
People complained when the forums weren't moderated, now they complain because they are. You can't please all of the people all of the time.

O

onthefifty

I think that if moderators understood calling someone trash or useless or s**t, isnt a personal attack its an attack on in game skill or character. I love all the trash talk, i just finished up origins and its funny as hell...your trash, no your trash, i dominate, no i dominate, ok duel...silence :p

Only wish there were more screenies.
but what if the person really is trash or useless? than it becomes a true statement and not merely trash talk.... discuss

blueturtle

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the only ones who are irl useless are the ones who only play uo all day long...

M

Mr Moosestache

Achilles, I've been around PvP and in turn PvP boards etc. for a long damn time. So I'll be straight up with you, you know this already.

Trash talk, as long as it stays to "in game" should always be fine. Comments such as, "You guys ALL SUCK ON MAGES!" is not personal and is completely normal. That kind of stuff is expected, warranted, and perfectly fine in a PvP trash talk thread/board. Now if I was to say, "Why don't you get off UO and go work at your crappy job at McDonalds you worthless loser!" that would NOT fly. Reason being is it's an attack on someone's personal life, not there in game persona. In game attacks such as, "So and so is a scammer and EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW!" will not fly as well, due to slander against someone's character.

As long as the comments stay in game, stay within language boundaries, and generally within the confines of Stratics RoC, then you're good. The "personal attack" clause in the RoC is more of a blanket law. It's kind of left up to the people in control to decide what is and what isn't pushing the line. For the purpose of this thread, (and for the success of it) you need to allow in-game attacks and just moderate anything that starts to push out of game and into RL. Otherwise, this thread will not last.

As far as non-PvP'ers reading this thread and complaining, that's their fault for clicking on this thread and reading it. It isn't like we are tricking them into reading it with a topic like, "FREE LUNA GATE HOUSE!".

S

Sir Achilles

Achilles, I've been around PvP and in turn PvP boards etc. for a long damn time. So I'll be straight up with you, you know this already.

Trash talk, as long as it stays to "in game" should always be fine. Comments such as, "You guys ALL SUCK ON MAGES!" is not personal and is completely normal. That kind of stuff is expected, warranted, and perfectly fine in a PvP trash talk thread/board. Now if I was to say, "Why don't you get off UO and go work at your crappy job at McDonalds you worthless loser!" that would NOT fly. Reason being is it's an attack on someone's personal life, not there in game persona. In game attacks such as, "So and so is a scammer and EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW!" will not fly as well, due to slander against someone's character.

As long as the comments stay in game, stay within language boundaries, and generally within the confines of Stratics RoC, then you're good. The "personal attack" clause in the RoC is more of a blanket law. It's kind of left up to the people in control to decide what is and what isn't pushing the line. For the purpose of this thread, (and for the success of it) you need to allow in-game attacks and just moderate anything that starts to push out of game and into RL. Otherwise, this thread will not last.

As far as non-PvP'ers reading this thread and complaining, that's their fault for clicking on this thread and reading it. It isn't like we are tricking them into reading it with a topic like, "FREE LUNA GATE HOUSE!".
Yes I think that's an excellent description of what will be tolerated. But to just say someone is trash is too broad and not specific enough for anyone to know what the person really means. If he had said "you suck on a mage" would have been fine.

A

A Bad Player

What if I were to say something like, "Everyone needs to grow up and and not be such a baby about meaningless insults about gameplay." Its not a personal attack because its generalized for all of you! And because I used it as an example for a question, I'm not actually saying it... ;x

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Clarification:

I asked Achilles to somewhat moderate this thread, so it does not turn into exchange of insults, namecalling, bringing in RL, threats and such.

There is reasonable game-related trash talking, about in-game stuff, and there are personal attacks and insults that cannot be tolerated even in a PvP thread.

Use some sense and reasoning and you will be fine.

B

Belanos/Icicle

I like how the PVP trash talk thread is mostly just people pancakes about moderation

S

Sir Achilles

Clarification:

I asked Achilles to somewhat moderate this thread, so it does not turn into exchange of insults, namecalling, bringing in RL, threats and such.

There is reasonable game-related trash talking, about in-game stuff, and there are personal attacks and insults that cannot be tolerated even in a PvP thread.

Use some sense and reasoning and you will be fine.
Thanks for clearing it up for us Magdalene! :)

L

Lord_Deimos

We aren't allied, several of us joined Wowz. Wowz isn't allied to anyone now.
Thats actually even funnier than you two being allied

haha I guess wowz is at its last straw to try to stay alive on chessy

S

Sir Achilles

Thats actually even funnier than you two being allied

haha I guess wowz is at its last straw to try to stay alive on chessy
WoWz are pretty much the only guild on Chessy that do Harry's on a regular basis (2-6am doesn't count) and you say they're on their last straw?

As I've said before, we'll fight you guys 5v5 any time, you tell me when you can do it and we'll make it happen. And when i say "we" i mean the old FPD guys...we'll show you how tragic your little guild is. I'm sure WoWz would be happy to have a 5v5 with you too...

blueturtle

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
achilles stop crying about the 2-6am harrys most of foa doesnt even get on till around 11 or later thats the way it is, and thats never going to change. you will never see me on b4 this b/c i work all night, and would never rush home from work or skip it just to play some game :/

S

Sir Achilles

achilles stop crying about the 2-6am harrys most of foa doesnt even get on till around 11 or later thats the way it is, and thats never going to change. you will never see me on b4 this b/c i work all night, and would never rush home from work or skip it just to play some game :/
Whatever, FoA never acknowledges my challanges and they never will.....because you all know that you will be beat like a drum.

O

onthefifty

anything going on during primetime on chessy?

i see turles saying uhoh not going good till after 11 and solus popping harry's 2-6 am. last nite i sat at the gate from 9 - 11 and watched courage guard zone fight mclovin... no offense to either but not exactly primetime entertainment.

i never should have t'vod deadliest catch.

thought chessy was a primetime shard.

S

Sir Achilles

anything going on during primetime on chessy?

i see turles saying uhoh not going good till after 11 and solus popping harry's 2-6 am. last nite i sat at the gate from 9 - 11 and watched courage guard zone fight mclovin... no offense to either but not exactly primetime entertainment.

i never should have t'vod deadliest catch.

thought chessy was a primetime shard.
That's a good point, maybe Turles and Lox along with FoA should transfer to a west coast shard so they can be on during west coast prime time. lol

B

Belanos/Icicle

or maybe certain people should realize that not everyone's life revolves around UO, and there are more important things to do during the day?

blueturtle

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
honestly thats mostly where i play :/ west coast and i would be glad to accept that 5 vs 5 just need 4 more ppl lol

Status
Not open for further replies.