• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Beastial suits and pvp breakdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How about i put together a beastial suit and we fight in the arena for gold? Say for 200 million gold? You said you have "no problem" killing a person in a bestial suit, lets see how well you do it when the player knows what their doing.

This is a HORRIBLE way to basically end UO, I personally wish they had deleted everyones murder counts and removed the ability of flagging and basically turned felucca into another Trammel facet.

The end would be more fitting then have some worthless developer destroy it with a few items he put absolutely no long term thought into. Oh and thank you for playing Warhammer Online.
If you must know... I'm referring specifically to people/guilds on LS & ATL (more so LS, as I primarily play LS...(and most of them are in your guild (DC?) unless of course you're a different Sugar Smacks.), a few of these people have resist at 120 and the suit doesn't stop them from getting pizza-rolled.

I have never used a berserk suit except when it was on TC to test it.... I never said these suits were "good" for the game, but they're simply not a game-changing set. There are other things in need of toning down alot more than this bestial suit (Poisoning, Throwing & Mystics (Stoneform + Protection & Hailstorm split damage)

As for you, Stone form + Protection is far worse than the berserk suit. (mystics = mystics only weakness)...
Join factions and I'll be telling you to enjoy stat as well.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Keep deleting peoples posts Petra!
Im sure by the time your done it will look like the community actually liked these suits.

Nothing like free speech right?

Any game worth a crap in this day and age has its own boards when they make the game to stop this kind of speech stopping. Yey for oppression stratics! But its ok it just means stratics life much like UOs is under borrowed time.
1) We have all seen 10 million "I am gonna quit because this new item ruined the game" rants. Thanks for making it 10,000,001 Sugar. Nice job actually trying to adapt or act like a vet though lol.

2) You are on the boards for a Violence rated MMORPG and you are spouting off about "free speech" Seriously?

Just plain sad *shakes head*

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just for awareness' sake. the player you know as sugarsmacks played a stealth archer with spiritspeak in a blessed suit, and a tamer with a gdragon and a newbie blessed suit since aos came out. It wasn't until imbuing and mysticism that he actually built something to use besides it. I think his excuse was that he "didnt feel like making a suit", but we all know it was because someone said "hey, mysticism is OP and a monkey can play it" at the time when mysticism was more rediculous, and the double-disrupt was in play. Now granted, i'll give some credit, he has gotten better with it, since its all he has played for some time now.

i'd say its a good time for a "your argument is invalid"

Now back to the point to keep this post on track - Bestial suits are a bad move /end

S

SugarSmacks

If you must know... I'm referring specifically to people/guilds on LS & ATL (more so LS, as I primarily play LS...(and most of them are in your guild (DC?) unless of course you're a different Sugar Smacks.), a few of these people have resist at 120 and the suit doesn't stop them from getting pizza-rolled.

I have never used a berserk suit except when it was on TC to test it.... I never said these suits were "good" for the game, but they're simply not a game-changing set. There are other things in need of toning down alot more than this bestial suit (Poisoning, Throwing & Mystics (Stoneform + Protection & Hailstorm split damage)

As for you, Stone form + Protection is far worse than the berserk suit. (mystics = mystics only weakness)...
Join factions and I'll be telling you to enjoy stat as well.
Is that a no to the challenge? You didnt need 3 paragraphs to avoid the question.

And saying mystics are OP 1v1 shows your inexperience in pvp.

Cetric fails to mention i was also on 56k or 28.8, but then again what pvper wants to admit he just died to someone on 56k. He was too busy complaining to actually pay attention apparently.

Bestial suits alone wouldnt be bad but add them to rampant cheating and ta da = UO over

This is but a taste of players who think they are good but cant even talk about a fight where running offscreen isnt the choice. I could say arena all day and he would act like im not talking its rather sad actually.

I dont care to argue about this anymore i got all the answers i wanted i just am actually kind of ashamed the community is basically all made up of cheaters, the more i speak out the more i am told to basically shut the f*** up.

Lol the bestial suit might get people into pvp but when they see what pvp is all about and all the extra programs they will need to run to compete, (speed hacks, client mods, script healing, field mods, stump and tree hacks, tile hacks) i doubt they will stick around for the long term.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Instead of all the "bestial suits are easy to counter", how about a list of tactics or perhaps a video of you fighting someone in one to back it up? If there is a reliable tactic and not just something that "might work if they really mess up", would you perhaps even be willing ot hop on TC1 with a few people to show it off?

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just for awareness' sake. the player you know as sugarsmacks played a stealth archer with spiritspeak in a blessed suit, and a tamer with a gdragon and a newbie blessed suit since aos came out. It wasn't until imbuing and mysticism that he actually built something to use besides it. I think his excuse was that he "didnt feel like making a suit", but we all know it was because someone said "hey, mysticism is OP and a monkey can play it" at the time when mysticism was more rediculous, and the double-disrupt was in play. Now granted, i'll give some credit, he has gotten better with it, since its all he has played for some time now.

Now back to the point to keep this post on track - Bestial suits are a bad move /end

Cetric, I could not have said that any better. Kraz is a hypocrite. His entire guild is full of, bestial, noxers and stone form protection noobs sitting on choke points. Im not saying hes wrong about bestial suits, because they are extremely lame but he is only saying it because it effects the one character he playsor ever has played(mystic). He would never offer constructive input that is unbiased.Ive been playing UO since 1999 and templates and or gear always get buffed/nerfed etc. Its annoying as hell and as the years go by, changes and fixes seem to come slower and slower. Rock scissors paper pvp has always been a huge gripe of mine. People try to say that new overpowered skills/gear are good for the game. I disagree, yes new skills and gear are needed to keep things fresh, but I think when they blatantly make things overpowered(which there is plenty of in uo right now) and are slow to balance them players that have played played for a long time start to become distanced from UO. I personally dont feel like working X skill for the 30th time, there is no meaningful way to work skills in UO and I hate taking characters skills off to put on another because it simply makes one new character while making an old character obsolete and useless. Its always been frustrating that REAL balance is never attempted. The idea seems to be to make something really overpowered in order to get someone to pay for an add on of some sort. If real effort was ever put into making new skills function reasonably and well UO wouldnt be just a rush to make the newest, lamest, template and the add ons would still be purchased. All overpowering does to UO is add by subtraction. UO needs to do a better much better job of making its new additions interesting and purposeful without making any skill that came before it obsolete and pointless. Lack of balance certainly does cause players to become disinterested. Disinterested players is not a good thing for UO. I would argue that the players are what have kept UO going as long as it has despite the butchering and or overpowering of characters and rulesets etc. Its hard to find fights nowadays, I believe its a direct reflection on long term pvp butchering thats starting to really catch up. When theres noone left to fight, and it IS getting there, UO WILL BE DEAD.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Disagree. If everyone had acess to 1000 damage swords would that not be over powered? Balanced, maybe. Not fun either way.

V

Vyal

Disagree. If everyone had acess to 1000 damage swords would that not be over powered? Balanced, maybe. Not fun either way.
The bestial suits remind me of the glass swords on the Shard of the Dead, they took all the fun out of pvping there. These suits are basically doing the same thing now, people will get seriously fed up sooner or later and lose interest in UO and quit. It's just a matter of how much you can stand to put up with before you do. I really hope a nerf comes out in the next publish for the sake of getting some balance back into pvp. Of course most long term players have put up with a whole lot of BS with EA and are still here.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually the suits remind me more of when bushido was introduced, back when you could chain evade before the last one even wore off and it was FAR more effective. There weren't many of us who had started working those skills that early before it was nerfed but for those of us who 120'd bushido within the week or so after release we were essentially unkillable, you could sit there and be whaled on by 4-5 people taking no damage (even from spells!) and confidence would continually refill your stam on every blocked hit.

But hey, i mean, it's perfectly fair though right! every single player who wants to pvp is more than capable of learning bushido and parry, it's just pure laziness to not use it yourself! They should have all "adapted" instead of complaining about something being obviously overpowered </sarcasm>

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But hey, i mean, it's perfectly fair though right! every single player who wants to pvp is more than capable of learning bushido and parry, it's just pure laziness to not use it yourself! They should have all "adapted" instead of complaining about something being obviously overpowered </sarcasm>
Exactly. I will NEVER understand people who are vehemently against fixing clear problems. I don't understand whats gained by "adapting" (read: adopting) to clearly broken systems or set ups. As I've said 10000 times before, the devs (and all devs everywhere) are human. They make mistakes, and don't see all of the possible outcomes. Sometimes you have to fix these missteps for the good of the game.

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's fine. I'll make a bestial suit stone form protection Mystic tonight with ninja and see if people still think Bestial Suits are fair. Then I'll tell them to "adapt". :loser:

Phangs_of_Phage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Bestial suits have pretty much runied pvp. A decent player will not die in anything less than a 3v1 with a bestial suit. A poor player will rarely die to a good player without pets 1v1. The thing is it lets OP templates (DP Deathstrike nervestrikers) run off after the mana dump with no risk and they just keep coming back and coming back until the RNG favors them and they kill the target. I have a Cu Sidhe dexxer in a bestial suit that has no healing but has resist and he has never been killed with anything less than a 3v1. Its a simple template to play, I only have about 7 macros and 3 of those are for the pet. If you say that isnt OP then you do not pvp.

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bestial suits have pretty much runied pvp. A decent player will not die in anything less than a 3v1 with a bestial suit. A poor player will rarely die to a good player without pets 1v1. The thing is it lets OP templates (DP Deathstrike nervestrikers) run off after the mana dump with no risk and they just keep coming back and coming back until the RNG favors them and they kill the target. I have a Cu Sidhe dexxer in a bestial suit that has no healing but has resist and he has never been killed with anything less than a 3v1. Its a simple template to play, I only have about 7 macros and 3 of those are for the pet. If you say that isnt OP then you do not pvp.
Considering I've most likely fought against this person after reading the description....he's correct. You could teach a blind monkey with no thumbs to play this. But if you added smoke bombs like everyone else you'd be INVINCIBLE!

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed, minus a few outbursts and attacks here and there it should proved a good read. I do sort of miss your cat picture... but it needs to be much smaller lol.

temu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I watched a couple guys who both wore bestial suits fight the other day. It was the most stupefying thing I've ever seen. RIP UO PvP.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Bestial Suit (Berserk Effect) Update: Players can no longer remain in stealth while in rage. Berserk timeout duration lowered to 5 seconds from 15

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bestial Suit (Berserk Effect) Update: Players can no longer remain in stealth while in rage. Berserk timeout duration lowered to 5 seconds from 15
Just copied that to post it here as well. HOORAY. the suit is still useful, and is effectivly nerfed for what it is most abused by.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*nods* Seems like a fair compromise.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I just hope it does not get nerphed to bad and become worthless like a lot of other things....

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just hope it does not get nerphed to bad and become worthless like a lot of other things....
Honestly... thats a great nerf to have. They nerfed it to oblivion for stealthers which needed to be done. And the duration dropping to 5s makes it so you can get someone low and prep a big dump after 5s to finish them. It will be fairly simple to kill one now, HOWEVER, the 5s change is a good thing as well. Reason being, you can take a ton of damage, resist it with berserk mode, and after 5 seconds you can heal as normal without it reflecting your healing damage. The suit is now more effective in a practical sense and not downright rediculous. Still really really powerful though.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Honestly... thats a great nerf to have. They nerfed it to oblivion for stealthers which needed to be done. And the duration dropping to 5s makes it so you can get someone low and prep a big dump after 5s to finish them. It will be fairly simple to kill one now, HOWEVER, the 5s change is a good thing as well. Reason being, you can take a ton of damage, resist it with berserk mode, and after 5 seconds you can heal as normal without it reflecting your healing damage. The suit is now more effective in a practical sense and not downright rediculous. Still really really powerful though.
I hope your right! I saw people killing them before this change with no problem ! anyway post your finding in the tc forum if you see any problems

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I definately think that in regards to stealth it was a good fix, had been thinking recently about making one and everytime I did the bestial suit appeared to be a must. The timer fix will need to be tested because I don't want them to over nerf anything ,however from first glance looks much better. /claps

Phangs_of_Phage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
5 Seconds is fair. I good dexxer will be able to time bandages to finish right as the 5 seconds ends and with a heal pot should put them back up to 75% life. Will take alot more timing and skill on the player part now to make these suits useful.

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats true and I'm glad you brought that up, because overall player skill should be the determining factor. A good dexxer could easily do what you just said, and bad players could continue to blast a dexxer wearing this suit and keep him in beserk if I'm understanding the last part correctly.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never did make sense why someone in rage would be able to hide or stealth quietly...

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Getting there... some nice changes and a step in the right direction, but if you read the test center forum there currently will be some pretty nasty stuff you can do with the 5 sec beserk timer.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the bestial armor is a defensive suit, green players need it. I don't think the dev team needs to nerf it.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the new "nerf" to bestial armor only made the suit better for non-stealthers (easier to heal due to 5 second zerk timer)

I'm not a fan of poisoning & pot increases though /cry. consumable items have more power than they should imo.

Phangs_of_Phage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
the new "nerf" to bestial armor only made the suit better for non-stealthers (easier to heal due to 5 second zerk timer)

I'm not a fan of poisoning & pot increases though /cry. consumable items have more power than they should imo.
Crutch reliant Dp'ers like yourself have more power than they should

V

Vyal

Tested it & it still needs fixed. They fixed the stealther issues with it but now it seems way harder to kill.

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey guys, if you are doing some testing and I hope we all are, try and make sure to also post in the Feedback thread on the Test Center forum. Try and include as much detail as you can and if possible avoid using phrases like I "feel" the devs should most likely be looking for details and facts.

Example:
I was on test center earlier and noticed that with the new 5 second cooldown, players were able to run and get heals off. Then they were able to return to the fight quicker compared to how it is currently on live shards.
A possible solution to this would be to have a short timer after a player falls out of beserk. It doesn't need to be exceedingly long, off the top of my head 5-10 secs could be sufficient time to allow players a chance to finish off a beastial suit wearer that has just healed before putting him right back into beserk.

And as always I'd like to continue my campaign for more information on the beastial suit mechanics to help us testers and players better understand exactly how it works. Keep up the good work testers.

TBH

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tested it & it still needs fixed. They fixed the stealther issues with it but now it seems way harder to kill.
Typical, the OP and those who agree with the fact its OK to cry nerf when you can no longer kill a screen full of players by yourself will not be happy until this particular obstacle is completely removed from the game. My argument is still sound, learn2play - adapt to the current pvp conditions like we all have since we started playing UO. STOP WHINING!

You should lose against a screen full of other players that have decided to defend themselves against you. The OP should be the one wearing this suit to pull off his pk attempts and not here whining about it.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Typical, the OP and those who agree with the fact its OK to cry nerf when you can no longer kill a screen full of players by yourself will not be happy until this particular obstacle is completely removed from the game. My argument is still sound, learn2play - adapt to the current pvp conditions like we all have since we started playing UO. STOP WHINING!

You should lose against a screen full of other players that have decided to defend themselves against you. The OP should be the one wearing this suit to pull off his pk attempts and not here whining about it.
Huh... i can't tell if you are pro-bestial or anti from this post lol. Your argument suggested that people should deal with it, but says you should die against a screen full of players (which the bestial suit negates)

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm actually in that screen shot versus Vyal and in no way stops me froom realizing how powerful the suit currently is, and actually will be if the current 5 second beserk timer change goes through. Stop a minute and think about making a stealther which already has incredible survivability with smoke bombs/animal form. Now think how many of those different stealth builds put a healing skill on... it is an incredibly small percentage, most just using potions and smoke bomb/animal form to reset if in trouble. Now we have the beastial suit, a suit which will keep you alive far longer than anything really should with no reliance on player skill at all. The player doesnt need to even think "Hey I'm low health lets hit a potion and smoke bomb away." Put this kind of suit in the hands of a good player who is able to realize when the oppurtune time to reset is and you have now given him even more survivabilty at little to no cost for his offensive ability. There is adapting which I am a firm believer of, and like it has been said by others there is "adopting" to something that is overpowered and going with it.

@Phangs - I think that a 1 minute timer is a little excessive and would take the suit past the point of being a viable but more balanced option. I look forward to hearing what other testers would view as a reasonable option.

V

Vyal

Some people think I am talking about being able to just be able to walk on screen and level 15 blues. This is not what I am saying, what I am saying is the determining factor should not be the suit. It should be based on the players skills. If those 15 blues are so bad they will all die to one person then they should get better not just toss on a bestial suit. I can't understand why some people have a hard time understanding that. Im not going to come down and kill 15 people that have pvp skills with or without the suit.
Me chasing and trying to kill people with the suit on for an hour when they should have already been dead 50 times takes the fun out of raiding and pvp.

& disarm poison bleed deathstrike, it's hard enough to deal with the poison and the non stop no timer deathstrikes WITH NO damage cap unlike everything else that has been capped. But now you get the beastial suit, so he can sit there disarm wait 5 seconds before I can even rearm and heal up fully, 5 seconds is not long enough.

TBH

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Huh... i can't tell if you are pro-bestial or anti from this post lol. Your argument suggested that people should deal with it, but says you should die against a screen full of players (which the bestial suit negates)
I am anti-nerf of the beastial suit. The beastial suit has several things going against it, low durability, imbuing space, eventual availability issue, and now all the stubborn players crying nerf.

The OP is against the beastial suit altogether because it interferes with his ability to kill a screen full of players. Judging by his posts here it would be safe to say he probably doesnt wear it and will not take the time to revise tactics to defeat a temporary suit of armor.

If those 15 blues are so bad they will all die to one person then they should get better not just toss on a bestial suit. I can't understand why some people have a hard time understanding that. Im not going to come down and kill 15 people that have pvp skills with or without the suit.
Me chasing and trying to kill people with the suit on for an hour when they should have already been dead 50 times takes the fun out of raiding and pvp.
You make it sound like you are entitled to win all the time and no new items are allowed. You might be better at killing people yesterday but that doesn't automatically mean you are better tomorrow unless you adapt. Looking at your scenario, if anything, the beastial suit made the fight more fair. Anytime more players leave tram to come to fel that is a good thing for UO.

You got your nerf you so eloquently cried and begged for, dry your tears and be happy now.

Stop a minute and think about making a stealther which already has incredible survivability with smoke bombs/animal form.

If I am wearing a beastial suit and a stealther is too, isn't that a push? The better template and pvp skills should still prevail. If you don't want to wear the suit that is your problem. We had this argument when armor changed way back when (Age of Shadows), all the stubborn old school players came to stratics and cried like babies while those willing to adapt and learn how to use the new armor had a great time getting revenge. I guess you can't prevent history from repeating itself. If you are too lazy to figure it out, call on the devs to fix it for you. (sometimes figuring it out means you have to play with other players to accomplish your goals, imagine that in a mmo?)

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I am wearing a beastial suit and a stealther is too, isn't that a push? The better template and pvp skills should still prevail. If you don't want to wear the suit that is your problem. We had this argument when armor changed way back when (Age of Shadows), all the stubborn old school players came to stratics and cried like babies while those willing to adapt and learn how to use the new armor had a great time getting revenge. I guess you can't prevent history from repeating itself. If you are too lazy to figure it out, call on the devs to fix it for you.
TBH, I'm sorry you feel so negatively about everyone who is trying to make a point against the suit. I am far from lazy as it should be evident from my multiple posts on the subject and I am most certainly not whining as you seem to refer to everyone who posts in favor of some balance. Balance being the key word. I don't want the suit nerfed to oblivion. If you read what you just posted, that everyone should wear the suit... how is that good game balance at all? Why should everyone be forced to play this way? With a mechanic that takes away from player skill. We don't even know how the suit works exactly... Is it a random chance at low hp that an attack gets through? Is it based on a certain threshold of damage? etc... With so many questions and so few answers it is quite a stretch to argue that this suit as it is currently, is good for game balance.

TBH

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why are there so many questions? The suit has been out for a few months now, a day or two of testing the suit within your circle of friends should be enough to get all the answers you need. If you haven't done this, then yes you are lazy when it comes to figuring out how to defeat players wearing the suit.

This suit is providing balance, it is allowing stealthers to compensate for the 200+ skill points they spend on stealth and hiding.

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure why you can't seem to understand the questions that are being put forward. I'm on test center, have tested the suit, and continue to search for these answers you seem to claim are obvious. Show me the math, the proof, solid facts on how the suit works. We disagree thats apparent, but stealthers already get survivability with smoke bombs and animal form, not to mention the fact that they get to choose when to initiate combat (most often with a dismount or deathstrike). You have stated that everyone should run the suit and all of a sudden it becomes balanced. Everyone doing the same thing is not balance no matter how you slice it, especially when it comes to an item that does not need any input from the player. So please, if you can show me how the suit works in total, dealing in factual information I would be most grateful.

TBH

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have stated that everyone should run the suit and all of a sudden it becomes balanced.
If everyone has the same suit that is the epitome of balanced.

How did you test the suit? Did you spend a day and attack a suit wearer in a controlled environment? Did you see whether or not flamestrike spam is more effective than a fireball spam? Did you use a necro and see if well timed DOTs will persist after the rage wears off? Or did you run around yew gate and try to kill someone wearing the suit and say I cant kill them, they keep running off my screen...this needs to be nerfed again?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone wearing the same suit is not balance even in this case. You want complete balance, tell everyone to pvp with the exact same template and gear. Of course that's just as ridiculous as expecting to wear the same suit.

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If everyone has the same suit that is the epitome of balanced.
We have drastically different views on what Balanced means. I would expect you are in an extreme minority on what you believe is balanced and in the best intrest for the game.

I'm not quite sure where I gave the impression to you that I based my judgement or knowledge of the suit on feelings. If you are actually interested I have spent quite a bit of time doing all of the things you mentioned. To answer your questions: Fireball spam is more effective, well timed dots are inconclusive as I(We the players) don't know how the suit actually functions at low health percentages, which if you read my post above I give several examples of what I am refering to when I mention "Actually functions". I have tested it extensively in field battles as well and have documented many times over my experiences. As always I try my best to explain to you my view as best as I can using my logic.

Now if you feel the need to rebut my post, can you inform me of your experience with the suit, instead of just arguing against my side of this issue. Are you a stealther? Do you use the Beastial suit? What is your general playstylr? Do you participate in small scale or large scale pvp? etc...

:bdh: Still waiting on some solid math... :D

TBH

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not advocating balance, its always mentioned in these types of arguments and I am merely proving that the suit is available to everyone therefore there is no reason to balance or nerf it. I could understand if only a select few could use it and that group was dominating but that is clearly not the case. I am against nerfs in general and this nerf specifically because the suit was just enough to embolden new players to come to Felucca thereby giving me new targets to kill.

I do use the suit on a non stealther dexxer and I was going to use it on a new stealther I finished last week until the whiners got their way and the suit was nerfed. I have fought with and against the suit in several situations and while they are annoying to try to kill in a group they are just an annoyance that runs away while you kill the ones without it. From my experience they can't hold ground because they are redlined when the rage is finished so they will always be a support character in traditional field fights.

As far as math goes I don't really care. That is the luxury of my side of the argument however, I am not complaining about how overpowered the suit is.:devil:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Crutch reliant Dp'ers like yourself have more power than they should
sorry, but I have only 1/36 characters with poisoning and he's most definitely my least played character, nor do I use a bestial suit on ANY character. (mage templates 90% of the time)

I only use pots on my dexers too btw. =D

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The low durability of the suit is the dumbest argument i've ever heard. Do you know how long it would take to destroy it in pvp? freakin years man, years!

You shouldn't be able to take as much damage as the suit allows. Sure, in a 1v1 with no offscreening, the better player will win out eventually. In the field.... its just stupid. i've done all the testing i need to do. The best thing for it is adding a cooldown timer just like some other suits have. The stealth nerf needed to happen.

The biggest problem with the suit is, sure a mediocre player will probably still die in it. But a good player who knows its capabilities can make himself nearly invinciple when played correctly. Believe me, if it stays in its current state, i will abuse the living.... out of it.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The biggest problem with the suit is, a good player who knows its capabilities can make himself nearly invinciple when played correctly. Believe me, if it stays in its current state, i will abuse the living.... out of it.
This is the only thing that's changed with the zerk suit... it goes from being mostly used on stealthers, to no stealthers, and now used by every other template in UO. with the lower zerk timer it's easy to heal yourself in it. thus making "good players" near impossible to kill. or you could be a mystic in stoneform+protection and be immune to almost everything in UO. except another mystic.

I haven't tested it, but if it's working as the patch notes say, this post is 100% correct. and I might finally imbue my zerk suits =D

Status
Not open for further replies.