• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Beastial suits and pvp breakdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The photo in post #21 says it all, a picture is truely worth 10,000 words.
This is NOT about PvP, this is about Red PKers not being able to kill Blue PvMers working a spawn.

Your post has nothing to do with PvP and everything to do with PKing Blues.
This post needs to be retitled to "Beastial suits and PKing breakdown."
So very wrong.
First point, if you look at the highlighted "blue" you will see they are in TB faction. Faction is for fighting.
Second point, people who PvP every day on Red PKers should be able to kill blue PvMers working a spawn. I'm sorry if your UO mentor has told you differently. The purpose of putting the spawns in the game in the first place were to stimulate PvP. If you are in Fel doing a spawn on a character that cannot defend it you should be easily taken out by those who have crafted their character for the sole purpose of player killing.

Where some people get the idea that blues should be allowed to spawn uncontested is beyond me. Spawns were made to be fought over. I could go way off topic ranting about this but I wont. I'll repeat what I said earlier and hope it gets through.
If you are better at pvp than me then you SHOULD be able to kill me. I shouldn't be able to stay alive and escape just because I have a certain suit on.
oh and..
It's a person's responsibility to learn to defend/get away, not the game's responsibility to give you something that allows you to defend/get away.

V

Vyal

Are they OP? Maybe
Do they make players unkillable? No
Would it make a difference if these were removed? No
Would it make a difference if these stayed? No

The current DS Poison temp is OP due to the poisoning changes period with or without bestial suit...

I personally couldnt care less if these suits stayed or went people will still run in dump and form away they are the wannabes and we shall allways have them in pvp.

Now if i was to propose an alteration increase the cool down to 15 - 20mins then they get a 1 shot deal.

This statement is totally wrong. Pvp has suffered at the hands of people with no experiance or passion for pvp if they thought they could keep the players they would probably remove fel alltogether. They asked for pvpers advice in the past and totally ignored everything its allways the same.
It will make a difference if they stay, you will be forced to get a beastial suit to compete with entire guilds that use them. Fighting one or two is a pain I mean a real pain and makes pvp stupid going up against an entire guild with them is no fun at all. It's kinda like trying to do a Lord Oaks spawn by yourself on a dexxer.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Are they OP? Yes
Would it make a difference if these were removed? Yes
Would it make a difference if these stayed? Yes

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Are they OP? Maybe
Do they make players unkillable? No
Would it make a difference if these were removed? No
Would it make a difference if these stayed? No
Are they OP? Absolutely
Do they make players unkillable? In the hands of an experience player with a well designed template, yes - in anything but an extreme context, such as a client crash, or being trapped while severely outnumbered.
Would it make a difference if these were removed? Pvp was actually pretty good before these were introduced, so yes, it will make a difference.
Would it make a difference if these stayed? As has already been noted, you will be forced to use a bestial suit to compete, and certain players will die very rarely, and as I said, only under extreme conditions, and many players will just make kills just as rarely - it will be like the old school chicken fights between fully trained chickens, what will seem like hours and hours of pecking away with nothing to show for it...

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I never had a problem killing people in a bestial suit, its Animal form (ninjitsu) that makes people hard to kill... but even then, with splintering weapons it's VERY easy to kill these beastials as a dexxer as a mage mana vamp/dismount whats so hard to do?

Remove the ability to cast animal form while under the berserk status. or just lower the amount of hp you need to be at before the berserk status kicks in.

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its obviously an issue most pvpers are concerned about, I am on the same side of the discussion as Flutter. These suits do all the work for the player with little to no skill involved, and as I've said before with a few tweaks it could potentially be a reasonable item with properly balanced benefits and disadvantages. There have been many good suggestions put forward that wouldn't nerf the suit. Really though in the future game changes like this should be tested and have their mechanics well documented. So far this has stayed a pretty civil constructive dialogue I hope we can continue it.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I never had a problem killing people in a bestial suit, its Animal form (ninjitsu) that makes people hard to kill... but even then, with splintering weapons it's VERY easy to kill these beastials as a dexxer as a mage mana vamp/dismount whats so hard to do?

Remove the ability to cast animal form while under the berserk status. or just lower the amount of hp you need to be at before the berserk status kicks in.
You must not be fighting very skilled pvp'rs if you have "never had a problem killing" characters that use them. You also seem to be making the misguided assumption that no one wearing a bestial suit has magic resist. And maybe that's the answer. Maybe the berserk effect should progressively lower your magic resist all the way to 0, or perhaps just putting on a bestial suit should lower your magic resist to 0 (I like the idea of it the berserk effect lowering magic resist better).

S

SugarSmacks

How about i put together a beastial suit and we fight in the arena for gold? Say for 200 million gold? You said you have "no problem" killing a person in a bestial suit, lets see how well you do it when the player knows what their doing.

This is a HORRIBLE way to basically end UO, I personally wish they had deleted everyones murder counts and removed the ability of flagging and basically turned felucca into another Trammel facet.

The end would be more fitting then have some worthless developer destroy it with a few items he put absolutely no long term thought into. Oh and thank you for playing Warhammer Online.

TBH

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess math is out of the question now, commence the begging for a nerf.

It's funny how on the 2 shards I play I havent heard about the herds of deathstrikers in beastial suits running things. No whispers of you cant do a spawn because the deathstrikers are there. They are mere annoyances that you need to devise a strategy for. The OP's biggest strategy change will be to not run in and expect to kill 10 players solo. You swallowed enough of your pride to come to these forums to whine and cry, just a few more swallows to accept that your current playstyle no longer entitles you to be the king of your shard too. That's it son, swallow that pride.

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have one character with a fully tricked out bestial suit and at least four more vanilla sitting in storage. I haven't played the character that has the bestial suit much after I figured out how insane they were, and I won't do anything with the rest of the suits until they are properly sorted - which I have no doubt they will be. I just hope they are still useful after the inevitable "balancing" that is bound to happen. If they are still useful, I'll use them, if they aren't, I'll be bitter about the millions I spent on them, but I'll get over it...
For the record this particular player also has SEVERAL GUILDMATES that use this bestial suit/run away tactic. If this particular player shows no bias in regard to this subject I think some ppl should actually listen along with the Devs that made the suit.

S

SugarSmacks

Arguing the subject is just like many subjects on UO, pointless, its just time to close accounts because its the only answer they truly respond to.

I dont feel like running a marathon every time i go to kill someone.

Im glad people think this is correct and fun, good for you, i laugh at what you think fel is supposed to be. Have fun with that LOL!

Maybe the next suit you can get will give you an extra 400 hit points o god that will make you so good! LOL!

UO = fail

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arguing the subject is just like many subjects on UO, pointless, its just time to close accounts because its the only answer they truly respond to.

I dont feel like running a marathon every time i go to kill someone.

Im glad people think this is correct and fun, good for you, i laugh at what you think fel is supposed to be. Have fun with that LOL!

Maybe the next suit you can get will give you an extra 400 hit points o god that will make you so good! LOL!

UO = fail
I'm not a big fan of Sugar but I'm forced to agree. We already run miles to kill ppl who can't actually fight.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
For the record this particular player also has SEVERAL GUILDMATES that use this bestial suit/run away tactic. If this particular player shows no bias in regard to this subject I think some ppl should actually listen along with the Devs that made the suit.
Yes, spoony, I know. I think just about every pvp guild in the game right now has them, including mine.

It's funny how on the 2 shards I play I havent heard about the herds of deathstrikers in beastial suits running things. No whispers of you cant do a spawn because the deathstrikers are there. They are mere annoyances that you need to devise a strategy for. The OP's biggest strategy change will be to not run in and expect to kill 10 players solo. You swallowed enough of your pride to come to these forums to whine and cry, just a few more swallows to accept that your current playstyle no longer entitles you to be the king of your shard too. That's it son, swallow that pride.
Where common sense fails, bring out the personal attacks and childish insults? ;)

If you want a taste of just how hard these suits make an individual who knows what they are doing to kill, there are a couple of mystic/ninja/tamers wearing these suits that are currently the two most dominant pvp'rs I know of in the game right now - with the best of the two it's stone form, protection, and this suit, and he can wipe out an entire guild of experienced pvp'rs solo with his dragon. And this is not about tamers, anyone who knows me knows I play tamers in pvp almost exclusively, and I've defended the tamer's place in pvp in this game pretty ferociously over the years. What's throwing everything out of whack here is this suit.

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what ive read here i think its pretty clear people are having problems adapting to this suit maybe misunderstanding how it works or unable to devise a tactic to kill them.

And the running away tactic has been around forever and removing this suit will not alter the fact.

Not every pvp guild has them (none that understand them anyway) and they arnt a problem on Europa.

Adapt to them Or moan i guess most prefer the latter.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I am pretty dumb, I guess. I do not see how the ability to PK 10 characters at a spawn is not considered unbalanced, where as a protective suit that allows escape or at a minimum prolongs the battle to for than a few seconds is not.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, spoony, I know. I think just about every pvp guild in the game right now has them, including mine.

Where common sense fails, bring out the personal attacks and childish insults? ;)

If you want a taste of just how hard these suits make an individual who knows what they are doing to kill, there are a couple of mystic/ninja/tamers wearing these suits that are currently the two most dominant pvp'rs I know of in the game right now - with the best of the two it's stone form, protection, and this suit, and he can wipe out an entire guild of experienced pvp'rs solo with his dragon. And this is not about tamers, anyone who knows me knows I play tamers in pvp almost exclusively, and I've defended the tamer's place in pvp in this game pretty ferociously over the years. What's throwing everything out of whack here is this suit.
I hate to propose they change anything, because most likely they'll nerf the suit into uselessness when they do. However, I wonder how someone in berzerk mode can still control a dragon or hide. It would seem like the effectiveness of these tasks should be limited. I also wonder if there should be a greatly increased drain of stamina while under the berzerk effect such that attempting to run more than a screen or two would require a ton of potions.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Taming commands and hiding I could see being limited or nonexistent . Running how ever is a basic fight or flight behavior. *smiles*

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Taming commands and hiding I could see being limited or nonexistent . Running how ever is a basic fight or flight behavior. *smiles*
What if your berzerking duration decreased with every 10 steps taken or something?

V

Vyal

& yes people running away and using smoke bomb has been around a long time. dumping on them with 200 damage while they are redlined only to have them hit a smoke bomb has not.

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can understand Sugar's posts its beyond frustrating to watch mistakes happen over and over again, but I choose not to go the negative route. I have played the latest and greatest MMO's and beaten all that is currently available, it is a far grander task to do so in UO so it always brings me back. I prefer to PVP as much as I can and these beastial suits seem to have been poorly implemented. I honestly believe if you are about to put something out that will become such a major force in the game its design should be well documented, so as players we could say "Oh I see what you are trying to go for, but a 90% chance to shrug off all attacks is to much." My issue with the bestial suit still comes down to it being incredibly difficult to get past that final stage and the ability for some healing abilities to seemingly still function through beserk. I think we should all keep in mind everyone plays different ways so this suit will affect each of us differently. For PK's and small groups the suit is a bigger deal as it effectively makes certain targets non-choices, in the larger scale fights it becomes less of an issue because you are dealing with more attacks comming at players.

TBH

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My "personal attack and childish insult" is sarcasm in response to all the whining which I find extremely childish and demanding a nerf I see as a personal attack.

Throughout this discussion we have learned that several templates benefit from this suit which again shows the opponents of this suit refusal to adapt. We have also learned that the suit is stronger when the odds are in the suit wearer's favor and relatively neutral in massive field battles where the suit wearer will be attacked by several players at once. Which brings us back to the fact the OP is complaining because he can no longer kill a screen full of blues like the good old days. Hence the swallow your pride comment I made earlier.

I see this as a benefit to pvp because it brings more players to felucca because they will give it try knowing they wont die from 3 flamestrikes like they used to. More trammies in fel means more targets even if they aren't as easy as they used to be. It actually balances the playing field. The pks, of which I am, will have to adapt the same way we adapted to insurance, suits with mods, 2/6 casting etc. Once again, this is not WOW where everything is digested and spoonfed to you, you have to learn and adapt to attempt to be the king of this game.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the pvp'ers are upset that they can't twitch and cause a group of "trammies" to hit the ground in under a minute. Isn't PvP all about adapting and thinking about tactics against other players? Posts here have given a option about how to deal with a runner in a beastial suit. Here is an short list from those that have posted here.

1) When they run and are in bezerk,cast para (or box them in with para fields) and low level spells and normal melee attacks until bezerk falls off.

2) If they smoke bomb,either toss a conflag pot,or cast wildfire in the area they vanished.Or my favorite. Toss out poison fields with a GM poisoner. Make it a mine field for the stealthing runner.

V

Vyal

People who have been pvping for years know what pvp is. Beastial suits do nothing but ruin it. We had a good decent balance to PvP before the suits. You are either good or bad, if your good you kill the bad players and if your bad your supposed to get better to beat the good players. Now all you need to do is have someone imbue you a beastial suit & you take the skill factor out of the pvp. Now it's just me chasing down some guy who can't pvp for crap, for an hour while he's redlined and refusing to die. Should I have to switch to a tamer mage just so I can efield the guy in someplace and tell my dragon to kill him while I dump on him and still he takes 3 minutes to kill? Sounds really stupid to me. The suits are nothing but a utter annoyance.

V

Vyal

So this is where you want to take this discussion?
Why are you trolling this thread, are you trying to get it locked? Even I am being civil here in hopes a developer will read this and be like lets change this suit up. They can't read it if it gets hijacked and locked.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is getting ridiculous in here. Someone who doesn't agree with you isn't trolling...if you don't like someones opinion and can't compose a construct response then just ignore it and resist from derailing the thread.

S

SugarSmacks

My "personal attack and childish insult" is sarcasm in response to all the whining which I find extremely childish and demanding a nerf I see as a personal attack.

Throughout this discussion we have learned that several templates benefit from this suit which again shows the opponents of this suit refusal to adapt. We have also learned that the suit is stronger when the odds are in the suit wearer's favor and relatively neutral in massive field battles where the suit wearer will be attacked by several players at once. Which brings us back to the fact the OP is complaining because he can no longer kill a screen full of blues like the good old days. Hence the swallow your pride comment I made earlier.

I see this as a benefit to pvp because it brings more players to felucca because they will give it try knowing they wont die from 3 flamestrikes like they used to. More trammies in fel means more targets even if they aren't as easy as they used to be. It actually balances the playing field. The pks, of which I am, will have to adapt the same way we adapted to insurance, suits with mods, 2/6 casting etc. Once again, this is not WOW where everything is digested and spoonfed to you, you have to learn and adapt to attempt to be the king of this game.
Templates benefit from running away? LOL

Then he actually talked about this suit bringing balance LOL

The problem is becoming less and less the suit and more and more the players who think this is a "good" thing. You have no concept of what pvp is supposed to be.
Oh and hey genius in WoW you get 30 million hit points and in UO you get what 130?

This is ignorance.....its only going to get worse.

This is just another giant reason why not to stick around, dont care if you people are, im not. The game i played for 15 years is over.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
PvPers, PKers and runners alike. While indeed I am interested in this conversation I have never used the a fore mentioned beasty armor... yet. *winks*

I would truly like to see a healthy discussion and points of view from all sides of this issue. Do not think for an instant that because I am interested and involved in this discussion that it will not be shut down in an instant by myself or one of the other Mods of this discussion forum.

TBH

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is just another giant reason why not to stick around, dont care if you people are, im not. The game i played for 15 years is over.
I hate to see any UO player leave the game but if you are packing up your toys and going home because you haven't figured out how to kill someone in a beastial suit, maybe you really do need a timeout. When UO gives you a puzzle to figure out, the correct answer is never " Devs, please give me an easier puzzle"

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
^TBH^ said pretty much exactly how I feel on Sugar's posts, so I won't touch on that. I still think we deserve to see how the armor works exactly. After seeing the math it would become more apparent if it is stronger than warranted. On Kelmo's post I hope we can indeed keep the discussion going because I feel like it is an important topic. Lets try and keep the posts less about other players and more about how the armor currently functions with examples of situations/builds/etc...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You know... I had the same issues when super dragons were introduced. I had the same issues when faction artifacts were introduced. Many of the PKers adapted and used those.

Yes. If you try to impose your will upon a player that does not wish to fight, you are a PK.

If you want to PvP, find like minded folk and have a go at it. I do understand risk and reward. I play on the best community shard I know of. I do not PvP any longer. Tamers did it for me. I left the faction scene then. The faction artifacts were just insult on top of it all.

I do keep my faction thief (retired) as one of the last two accounts open. My reasons are my own.

I have never used faction artifacts or greater dragons or beasty suits. I am going to incorporate such things into the last two accounts I have. (once was six)

I find great satisfaction in surviving an encounter with a PK. That is what you are, PKs. That is OK. I agreed to that risk when I signed on to Siege so many years ago.

I do not want to fight. Many do. When we meet, I expect you to use every bit of your resources to kill me and look through my stuff. I will ghost away and let you have it.

I will use every bit of the resources I have to not be killed and keep my stuff. if I can do that I will consider it a win.

It is up to you to decide if I am worth the effort to try and kill. I will most likely escape. Ask around... if you succeed, you will win some cool stuff. I promise not to insure anything. *smiles*

TBH

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If everyone has access to the armor then it can't be overpowered, it's not even a random drop. If you choose not to use it that is your problem.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
If everyone has access to the armor then it can't be overpowered, it's not even a random drop. If you choose not to use it that is your problem.
Stop making sense...

V

Vyal

But there has never been anything in the game like this suit. Faction armor greaters or what ever... Ok so how hard is it to learn you need to para the dragon and kill the tamer? Faction arties do the exact same thing a good suit does that argument doesn't fly.
The suit is making certain templates basically unkillable. What it's going to come down to is everyone playing stealth ninja dping death strikers with suits or stone form protection mystic mage tamers and I don't want to play UO like that.
I don't see many people using the speed program anymore but lately I have been noticing a few players that are in the beastial suit running it. Now tell me since UO does nothing at all to remove those players from the game, how am I going to compete with a animal form ninja death strike disarm dper in a beastial suit? If I have to run to cure the stupid DP that is utterly jacked and the guy is rubber banding all around me jumping infront of me from a screen back to disarm me & if I do manage to get this player low on life he cranks it up and books it in wolf form but theres a catch even if he is at 0 life the player does not die if I running shot him he just stays in beserk if I don't he heals its just a no win situation. The only real way I have found to kill characters like that is to efield them someplace and use a dragon or a RC to kill them.

S

SugarSmacks

I hate to see any UO player leave the game but if you are packing up your toys and going home because you haven't figured out how to kill someone in a beastial suit, maybe you really do need a timeout. When UO gives you a puzzle to figure out, the correct answer is never " Devs, please give me an easier puzzle"
They arent going to fix speedhacking they just admitted it. Speeder + this suit is lame sorry its lame and not worth playing.

Could i kill someone in this suit? Not if they are just going to run away in it, but lets face it i dont need a speeder, if i wore this suit and played the run away game you would never be able to kill me either.

It makes pvp outside of a spawn or choke stupid fighting, i dont care if you believe me, or agree with me, just get used to less players.

Ultima Online is the only game i have ever heard of that costs money to play every month where when you have a problem with the player base cheating by speedhacks they respond by putting in a suit that complements the cheating playstyle.

This is what you want for Ultima Online, before you think how "good" this is going to make you, you better step back and see what it does to the game as a whole.

Just make sure when you tell your friends about why to come back to Ultima you include my statement.

And if you would like to discuss how much better at pvp you think you are then me i can accomidate that challenge on several shards. But dont be a little crybaby and say your better than completly ignore the fight. As usual for ultima.

Boba

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If someone sells you a defective puzzle, are you really going to sit there and waste time/effort/money to try to solve it? You could go get your tools to completely mutilate and transform the puzzle just to make everything 'fit'(your solution); but if this degree of effort was required to make it work, could you honestly say that the puzzle was well designed, thought-out, and fun? -- or would you be like most people and get a refund on said puzzle(cancel UO account), and use that money to buy a better designed, funner puzzle(find a different game)?

Did it ever occur to you that this could be(and most certainly is) a HUGE oversight on the dev's part? While some may believe these are working as intended in the pvm side of things, the implications on fel and PvP were obviously never fully construed or thought-out. This leads me to believe that the Dev's either don't care, or don't play the game. I'm not sure which one is worse, and it's kinda scary.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Honestly.... cmon now. The bestial suit is a joke. Its no matter of whining or claiming the players complaining are just bad. Everyone agrees that the suit is overpowered. Granted, people wearing them are killable, but people running away non stop in them? won't die unless they screw up. Throw it on a stealther and they can become a high offense, invulnerable if they try, killing machine. Everyday more people convert characters over to the suits and i'm damn tempted to follow suit. We know the weakness of the suit, but it is not easily exploited, and it is counterable. This really is just something that should never have been put in the game. I almost freaked out on damage eaters until i realized they weren't bad, but this suit does exactly what i was afraid eaters were going to do from sa beta.

Side note- why in the world are so many non-pvpers chiming in like their opinion counts for anything but dirt? So many of you are saying this suit is fine, when you have never experienced it.

@Kelmo. if the suit were used by people in fel who had no intention of pvp, they just used it as a piece for survival, no one would be upset. The problem is the suit is used on templates that have a high propensity for offense, and the suit just gives them a quick gigantic defense. With a stealth dexer for instance, you used to pile big burst damage in before they smoke bombed. Now? you can't. you really have to hope for a perfect string of events to kill them, or else they will just get away and come back to try for another kill. Now, we are begining to see the suit take hold on more than just stealthers, and its really becoming a problem. Sure, everyone has access to the suit, but if everyone wore the suit, would anyone hardly ever die?

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sugar I'm glad you found some free-to-play games that are entertaining. It is beyond obvious you are done with UO you have made your point clearly several times, but you still constantly seem to post in this thread about how it is hopeless, when the majority of us are just trying to discuss the aspects of this suit and get some possible feedback from devs.

* OT * - If you haven't tried it yet Dragon's Nest was pretty fun for a free to play. If you have a little cash to spare Bastion was an amazing indie game I played and to date one of my favorite games over all.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5 of these people are using beastial suits. 2 of them are death striker smoke bombers. Two more stealthers in the suit that you can't see and a 4/6 chiv dexxer someplace with the suit. 2 of them are using speeder.
No offense but it seems to me that based upon your whines your real issue is that you only seem to fight large gangs of stealthers lol. I dont know where you are playing but gangs of stealthers = sad pvp. The Bestial suit has nothing to do with your real issue IMO.
I am not even going to get into your obvious 'speedhack' paranoias :(

A

Anon McDougle

How many of these suits can there really be that this is such an issue? I was unable to find one for sale on any shard ??? I recall when this clean up happened that bless deeds would be the death of PVP yet they are never mentioned as an issue ?/

V

Vyal

How many of these suits can there really be that this is such an issue? I was unable to find one for sale on any shard ??? I recall when this clean up happened that bless deeds would be the death of PVP yet they are never mentioned as an issue ?/
Maybe it's just my main shard, but many of the people there use the suit. I can understand some people and the comments they make because they most likely don't have to deal with 20 people using the suit and maybe never will. If you guys ever do have to start fighting a zerg guild where everyone uses the suit you will be able to see where people like me are coming from.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I just cleaned up this thread. Do not post non topical nonsense here. If you want to "board PvP", take it to PM. Anymore pissing matches on Uhall will be dealt with harshly.

V

Vyal

I just cleaned up this thread. Do not post non topical nonsense here. If you want to "board PvP", take it to PM. Anymore pissing matches on Uhall will be dealt with harshly.
Someday i'll get your back on Siege for that Kelmo ;)

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've pretty much stayed away from commenting on this subject (a few posts here and there). I had never pvp'd and it had never really interested me. After reading all the posts about this suit... I decided to give it a try. The fact that I have decided to try PVP... well maybe that's the reason these suits have been introduced. Eventually, once I get to learn things, I'm going to want to do more than run away and hide, I mean christ, how fun can that be? I'm gonna want to get that first kill :devil:. From what I have read, that's not gonna happen easily wearing this suit. I've been playing a long time, and these suits finally peaked my interest just enough. Course I've been enjoying my coco pebbles this evening so...

V

Vyal

Vyal you've lost it :( It was going so nicely too.
I sure did. I really wont be happy till this thread beats the sosarian reals thread thas jeff made. Just to show how freaking bad everyone hates this ******** suit so lets keep it going.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Um... ok.... Anyway one thing that already surprises me is that berserk doesn't count as a mod when imbuing. This might be useful in pvm as well.

*Possibly the most intriguing part of UO is the fact that it is a game with no end and no set goal. You decide what the goal of the game is. That is why so many people stay with UO and suffer the "I left but I came back syndrome". It's a game that always offers something different.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thread cleaned - again.
Keep it on topic. It won't be cleaned a third time. Leave out the board pvp, this isn't the place for it.

S

SugarSmacks

Thread cleaned - again.
Keep it on topic. It won't be cleaned a third time. Leave out the board pvp, this isn't the place for it.
Keep deleting peoples posts Petra!
Im sure by the time your done it will look like the community actually liked these suits.

Nothing like free speech right?

Any game worth a crap in this day and age has its own boards when they make the game to stop this kind of speech stopping. Yey for oppression stratics! But its ok it just means stratics life much like UOs is under borrowed time.

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread is funny! So basically some of you haven't figured out how to kill someone in a bestial suit, but you are more than willing to wear one yourself.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The posts I removed were not explaining the problem with the suits, they were merely personal attacks on other posters. Keep off the personal attacks if you want the posts to stay in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.