• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Banned and house deleted

Z

Zofinur

how sick I am of hearing everyone crying 'It wasn't me, I didn't do it.'
Easy job for EA! Tell Zofinur a reason; an example and he shuts up.

*ding*
One less guy complaining about EA´s tactic of ignoring customers.

X

Xrenos

Dear Amber moon, FrejaSP, Black_Sun. I was banned by mistake, I am innocent. You can believe me or not, if you dont then please put me in ignore or stop reading or answering my posts, because I post them for people who are concerned.

I had three accounts, now I have two, but I do not want to play UO anymore, because I do not want to put some effort in something that will be deleted for no reason. I seek for justice now and I dont want to stop until I get clear responce from EA_Mythinc customer (authomatic?) support or until I get tired of this.

Nevertheless, you have the right to keep silent and move on when in future you will get banned by EA_Mythic for no reason.

Best wishes,
Xrenos
Veteran player

B

Beldon

Guilty or innocent, EA is judge, jury and executioner and according to some of you it's okay.
You knew that when you signed on to the game. All other games are the same way. All future games are going to be the same way. This is not real life it is a game owned and maintained by a company. You may not like the unfairness of it but that will always be the reality of it.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having said all that, I do agree that in most other cases, there should be some process by which one can defend themselves. In these particular bannings, I believe no recourse was offered because they were attempting to send a loud, clear message. In most cases I believe there should be some way to defend yourself, but I have to admit, I can understand wanting to send a very strong message to cheaters.
The problem is, they're still not telling what the items in question were. Not to us. Not even to the people who got banned. And -- if we're to believe them -- they don't even know (the guy with 100+ of the particular item probably does know, but the others at least profess their innocence).

But, part of this equation is knowledge on OUR end of things. And certainly, telling someone what they did wrong should not consist of "Trust us. You broke the rules. Goodbye."
Well, thats part of the problem with cheaters. They would use such "knowledge" and attempt to dupe more of these same items. The devs are damned if they do tell and damned if they don't. I'd like to know what these items are as well, but you can thank the cheating asshats for situations like this.

All I can say is to keep in mind that the folks at EA Mythic do not want to ban innocent, paying customers. Those who were purchasing large amounts [as indicated by Jeremy] of these duped items were supporting the dupers and taking advantage of the situation. Those people were far from innocent. Jeremy also indicated that those who were banned had a LARGE AMOUNT of items.. not just a few.

In closing, we'll all have to be be wary of the items we purchase from now on. If a price looks too good to be true, don't buy it. If the seller seems to have endless stock... thats clearly a red flag. Walk away!! Anytime you find a large number of items that are all the same and you do not know the origins of, say.. in an IDOC? Those items should be suspect. Taking a few shouldn't land you in hot water according to Jeremys posts, but taking 50 or more will likely make you look guilty. Don't let greed drive your gameplay and you should be fine.

R

Revenant2

If the attitude/perspective being demonstrated in the FOF were to be generalized, it's possible to conclude that that EA is not even bothering to read our posts about this any more.

The hand-built URL trick that some other poster used to view some of EA's ticket comments also lead me to the same sense.

I'm not saying stop posting. Just that things suck.

R

Revenant2

Guilty or innocent, EA is judge, jury and executioner and according to some of you it's okay.
You knew that when you signed on to the game. All other games are the same way. All future games are going to be the same way. This is not real life it is a game owned and maintained by a company. You may not like the unfairness of it but that will always be the reality of it.
Hah hell no.

It's possible to do player relations properly and I'm sure some of them have decided to take advantage of the benefits of doing so.

The organization's actions speak much louder than the lip service in this regard. I don't know exactly how it scales but I know it can be done and it makes a difference. It's possible that the absolute largest playerbases will tend to exist in an environment where player relations are done well. I think some of the absolute smallest (like some private shards) do it well too.

Someone else mentioned that historically, UO has been negatively impacted by PR issues. I know that it was when I left in 2001. When I returned a year and a half ago, I had hoped that this type of anticipatable, preventable problem was part of UO's history which was not to be repeated in the face of the competition, but now it seems to be happening again with this new incident.

There are some players who are kinda airheaded. You see them on these boards with their heads in the sand, not absorbing the issues with the way that EA did this. If EA is expecting to depend on that kind of mentality for it's playerbase, it's wasteful. The non-airheaded people could be kept happy too, as opposed with having incidents like this which over time contribute to those people moving on to other lands.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IRL you know what you're accused of stealing or being in possession of. The evidence is also presented and you have a right to defend yourself. NONE of that is occurring with these bans. Guilty or innocent, EA is judge, jury and executioner and according to some of you it's okay.
EA has made it clear the reason for the bans. Possession of duped items. Apparently some people (claim they) didn't know they even had these items in their possession. Does that make them innocent? Partly yes, partly no. Bottom line is this: Illegal items were found on an account, said account was banned. EA has the right to do that, and they don't owe the account owner any further explanation other than 'you were in possession of illegal items'. Read the TOS, they own the game and everything in it. It's theirs to do with as they please. For those few people who are TRULY innocent, I sympathize. But honestly, it's a game. If you're getting this worked up over a bunch of pixels, maybe it's time to re-evaluate your priorities in life.

*ding*
One less guy complaining about EA´s tactic of ignoring customers.
I have a feeling you're going to be talking for a long, long time. :bdh:

C

Connor_Graham

What would be better is if Zofinur finally got it through his head that they're not going to give him a reason, and shut up anyway.

My God man, you've beat this dead horse so many times that it's turned to glue now. Move on already.

Your rampant tirade isn't proving to anyone that you're innocent, just that you don't know when enough is enough.

:coco:

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What would be better is if Zofinur finally got it through his head that they're not going to give him a reason, and shut up anyway.

My God man, you've beat this dead horse so many times that it's turned to glue now. Move on already.

Your rampant tirade isn't proving to anyone that you're innocent, just that you don't know when enough is enough.

This post makes me wish there was a little smiley for applauding.

I guess instead I'll use this: :danceb:

R

Revenant2

I guess in general I'm surprised to hear this type of sentiment from you Connor. I expect you would be persistent too if you woke up tomorrow and you were banned for being supposedly tied up with a dupe operation.

Not that I know who was and who wasn't but you get the point.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
However, you were found to be in possession of a multitude of highly illegal items in Ultima Online.
Please be advised, we cannot give specific detailed information as to what items were in possession but be assured that we have fully investigated each case separately and found your account to be in violation.

Any further replies regarding this subject will not be acknowledged.
These lines make me shudder, since they let miss any democratic justice.

Where is the list, what kind of items are illegal? EA cannot expect every player knowing the details. There are also enough foreign players, who are not good in understanding the English language and get not too much localized information (if there would be any by EA - not even the info screen on game start works in localized Windows).

Why don't they even tell the victim of a ban the exact reason/items causing the ban? If I got banned I would really like to know, what was the reason.
What kind of customer care attitude is that? "We take away your account and all stuff, but don't wish to tell you why?" Sounds like the justice of a medieval ruler and not like democracy.

With some well filled houses on my accounts - should I fear as well, that on a random day I will be found in posession of items, which are "highly illegal"?

I'm in no way against bannings of accounts, which are abusing game mechanics highly to gain serious benefits over other players.
But also these paying customers deserve more than a set of standard phrases as a reason. Especially, if the account is prepaid for some more time.

*Salute*
Olahorand

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish that EA would change their privacy policy based on these bannings and respond as I've seen another game rep do. If you question a ban then a nice customer service rep will say, "You were banned fairly because you had a pile of BRSKs in your house and a further stack in the bank. Here are the screenshots. Go try your luck with WoW instead. Have a nice day!" Though the rep in question was far blunter than that lol. I think it would end a lot of discussion here if players who invited public discussion of their cases were given the basic facts of their case and the discussion ended. The silence because of this privacy policy is harming EA more than the banned players, and those who were rightly banned don't deserve anyone's attention.

I'm not going to acuse EA of wrongful bannings, because nobody except those players and EA know how innocent they truly are. How many RL criminals have pleaded innocence even in the face of overwhelming evidence supporting the guilty verdict? I'm not saying you guys are all guilty, just that I'm not convinced you're all innocent. It's not the first time a pillar of the UO community has turned out to be a crook, and certainly won't be the last unfortunately.

The only ban I think would be unfair is for posession of duped cheques, as those could be acquired with no knowledge on the recipient's part. Anyone with sense wouldn't buy a runic kit, but if checks are duped, those items should surely just be deleted unless you believed you'd caught the dupers themselves. I think any cheque-based cases should be reviewed if they were the only items involved. But it is hard to prove that person wasn't friendly with a duper, though surely if you knew you had duped checks you'd spend those fast lol.

Wenchy

C

Connor_Graham

I guess in general I'm surprised to hear this type of sentiment from you Connor. I expect you would be persistent too if you woke up tomorrow and you were banned for being supposedly tied up with a dupe operation.

Not that I know who was and who wasn't but you get the point.
One thing is for certain. You wouldn't see me posting the same thing in every thread on the board knowing full well they're not going to discuss anything here. I would have been on the phone and wouldn't have taken it anywhere else. I understand people wanting to voice their frustrations and post them here, but there's a difference between voicing a frustration and posting so many times it becomes nothing more than a troll of every thread. All but 1 of the people that decided to post have stuck with simply voicing their frustration.

Guess who's being the troll?

I don't mean to come across as callous, but it's reached the point of annoyance, and as I said, the dead horse has become glue now. It's time to stop beating it.

S

Salty Pete

I love how all the eLawyers want to see proof and have a public hearing on each precieved injustice brought to these forums from people they don't know a thing about.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love how all the eLawyers want to see proof and have a public hearing on each precieved injustice brought to these forums from people they don't know a thing about.

I agree with this sentiment: "I was unfairly banned" posts have been around for ever.

Mostly, the banned keep posting for a few days, then shut up when they realise nothing positive will happen. Recent events have not followed that pattern.
Some of the banned made an initail post, and have not been heard from since, but it appears that some people are genuinely puzzled by their ban.

I seem to remember that in a post a long while ago, a player said "I was unfairly banned for telling someone not to use an insta-ban word."

This post received lots of attention on the forums, and a great deal of public support... until Wilki posted a copy of the chat log which showed what really happened.

Why not follow this precedent, and tell us exactly what the "innocent" are guilty of?

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One thing is for certain. You wouldn't see me posting the same thing in every thread on the board knowing full well they're not going to discuss anything here. I would have been on the phone and wouldn't have taken it anywhere else. I understand people wanting to voice their frustrations and post them here, but there's a difference between voicing a frustration and posting so many times it becomes nothing more than a troll of every thread. All but 1 of the people that decided to post have stuck with simply voicing their frustration.

I don't mean to come across as callous, but it's reached the point of annoyance, and as I said, the dead horse has become glue now. It's time to stop beating it.
Well; if u decide that it has turned to glue - why are YOU posting on it again? Seem's that you also like to play with mud...

I wasn't banned, nor did I know anybody who was (guess I traded some time ago an item with Zofinur on Europa, this is the closest I came to one of the banned). I don't come here to claim "my best friend" etc.; I am perfectly neutral, since I am not bound emotionally to anyone. However; I dislike any action taken by "allmighty" organisations that have not the courage to make their stand and tell the customers (in this case) why they did what they did. This action is like Guantanamo; the government says "if they weren't guilty, they weren't there"; but in many cases, they completely lack any hard proof. I just wanna hear WHY they were banned and WHAT the evidence is; and it's just laughable that they make a FOF adressing tons of bs while the bannings are still debated on this boards.

As I stated before; I am grown-up already; I stand my duties as a father and project manager in the biotech-industries. I know about life, and I don't trust the "I am innocent"-threads; however, I don't even more trust EA in this operation. It is smelly; and I would wish they would give the players a strong case why they acted this way. As long as they fail to do it, I say "Bye-Bye" to this game; I don't give anybody a dollar who is too badly organizied or too weak or too whatsoever to conduct a good and just operation.

And I would bet that you, Connor, would come here to find understanding and maybe help if something like a banning would cripple your efforts and time you spent to make your uo-account look like it is now. Cause it is normal for people if something severe happens to them (and taking away a 10 years effort is something severe I suppose) to look for help and encouragement, simply for others who say "well if the case is as you describe it, I am feeling with you". Furthermore; there are those (rare) occasion where peeps stick together to get a stand against arbitrariness, and something happens to the good of the whole community.

Look at your own sig; there is a clear warning for you contained. Take this warning serious.

Regards

P

Pax

Justice is found in persistence, silence doesn't get you anything but nothing. [Luke 18:1-8] His comments are written not said, so you don't have to pay attention to him, just don't read his posts if you're tired of him.

Be well - Pax

E

Extra Value Meal

If the man heavily deals in trading and the UO economy, how in god's name would he know what gold pieces and items were duped and what wasn't? Do people even play this game? Do you know how rampant scripting is?

R

Revenant2

I wasn't banned, nor did I know anybody who was (guess I traded some time ago an item with Zofinur on Europa, this is the closest I came to one of the banned). I don't come here to claim "my best friend" etc.; I am perfectly neutral, since I am not bound emotionally to anyone. However; I dislike any action taken by "allmighty" organisations that have not the courage to make their stand and tell the customers (in this case) why they did what they did. This action is like Guantanamo; the government says "if they weren't guilty, they weren't there"; but in many cases, they completely lack any hard proof. I just wanna hear WHY they were banned and WHAT the evidence is; and it's just laughable that they make a FOF adressing tons of bs while the bannings are still debated on this boards.

As I stated before; I am grown-up already; I stand my duties as a father and project manager in the biotech-industries. I know about life, and I don't trust the "I am innocent"-threads; however, I don't even more trust EA in this operation. It is smelly; and I would wish they would give the players a strong case why they acted this way.
I'm in the same boat as this guy. I didn't have a horse in the rares/dupes race and as such don't personally know anyone who was caught in this. The implications and message it all sends to me very much concerns me regardless.

FOF pfff.

C

Connor_Graham

Well; if u decide that it has turned to glue - why are YOU posting on it again?
I wasn't. I was responding to someone else.

And I would bet that you, Connor, would come here to find understanding and maybe help if something like a banning would cripple your efforts and time you spent to make your uo-account look like it is now.
Coming here for help and understanding is one thing. Posting in nearly every thread on the first page for several days in a row is another. One is looking for help, the other is looking for sympathy. Bugging the crap out of people isn't going to get that sympathy, it's just going to annoy them and make them stop listening.

Look at your own sig; there is a clear warning for you contained. Take this warning serious.
Warning? Sorry, I don't see a railroad crossing sign or anything else that's a warning in it.

R

Revenant2

I wish that EA would change their privacy policy based on these bannings and respond as I've seen another game rep do. If you question a ban then a nice customer service rep will say, "You were banned fairly because you had a pile of BRSKs in your house and a further stack in the bank. Here are the screenshots. Go try your luck with WoW instead. Have a nice day!" Though the rep in question was far blunter than that lol. I think it would end a lot of discussion here if players who invited public discussion of their cases were given the basic facts of their case and the discussion ended. The silence because of this privacy policy is harming EA more than the banned players, and those who were rightly banned don't deserve anyone's attention.

I'm not going to acuse EA of wrongful bannings, because nobody except those players and EA know how innocent they truly are. How many RL criminals have pleaded innocence even in the face of overwhelming evidence supporting the guilty verdict? I'm not saying you guys are all guilty, just that I'm not convinced you're all innocent. It's not the first time a pillar of the UO community has turned out to be a crook, and certainly won't be the last unfortunately.

Agreed, with a further point:

It may be possible that they are banning for things that are actually outside of the reasons that they are stating.

For example, it's possible that they've decided that Person A, with all of his gold buying and selling activities, is no longer welcome in the game because his actions are, in their evaluation, damaging to the environment. From an admin/EA standpoint I can totally see where this would come from and couldn't necessarily blame them if they wanted to take drastic action to try to deal with such a thing (assuming it was working that way).

This is just speculcation, realize.

In cases like that, if they were to finally start replying meaningfully, the fact that they started out saying "its all about the dupes" makes for a different, but smaller, integrity perception problem.

I could accept if they replied to the queries properly and indicated that certain people were banned because of activities like that as opposed with duping or owning dupes. That kind of answer is a world better than the NOTHING answers people are seeing now.

R

Revenant2

I would have been on the phone and wouldn't have taken it anywhere else.
I feel pretty sure that a banned player cannot get through on the phone to the individuals who are directly responsible for the ban. This would be by design.

Considering the "STFU and go away" nature of the emailed replies, I'm guessing that the players would get hung up on anyway, and/or ordered to not call again.

Pretty messed up when you think about it.

L

Lolindir

I feel pretty sure that a banned player cannot get through on the phone to the individuals who are directly responsible for the ban. This would be by design.

Considering the "STFU and go away" nature of the emailed replies, I'm guessing that the players would get hung up on anyway, and/or ordered to not call again.

Pretty messed up when you think about it.
Everyone that calls in to EA Support is asked to send an e-mail instad, resulting in the neverending loop of standardised e-mails, hair pulling and alchohol abuse.

P

Pax

However, you were found to be in possession of a multitude of highly illegal items in Ultima Online.
Please be advised, we cannot give specific detailed information as to what items were in possession but be assured that we have fully investigated each case separately and found your account to be in violation.

Any further replies regarding this subject will not be acknowledged.
These lines make me shudder, since they let miss any democratic justice.

Where is the list, what kind of items are illegal? EA cannot expect every player knowing the details. There are also enough foreign players, who are not good in understanding the English language and get not too much localized information (if there would be any by EA - not even the info screen on game start works in localized Windows).

Why don't they even tell the victim of a ban the exact reason/items causing the ban? If I got banned I would really like to know, what was the reason.
What kind of customer care attitude is that? "We take away your account and all stuff, but don't wish to tell you why?" Sounds like the justice of a medieval ruler and not like democracy.

With some well filled houses on my accounts - should I fear as well, that on a random day I will be found in posession of items, which are "highly illegal"?

I'm in no way against bannings of accounts, which are abusing game mechanics highly to gain serious benefits over other players.
But also these paying customers deserve more than a set of standard phrases as a reason. Especially, if the account is prepaid for some more time.

*Salute*
Olahorand
Yes, those lines are infuriating, even though I don't know anyone personally who has had it happen to them. They bring to mind the phrase, "Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." Guess that's why all this has upset me so much, it's all come across as being so "KGB".

But what's upset me as much as that official notice is the attitude of so many that EA/Mythic can do no wrong and, that even if they did happen to do wrong, it's their right because they own the game; that, because they own the game and we just pay them every month to play it, the only entity in the equation with any rights is the company. Therefore, it's even "wrong" for any of us to want to know the specifics that instigated the company's actions.

Would those same people have that "The King Can Do No Wrong" attitude concerning more tangible aspects in their life? Would they be silent if their child was expelled from school without any explanation as to why such severe action was taken past the unhelpful statment, "We have proof your child was violating the rules, so we expelled him from school"? Wouldn't anyone come back with the questions, "What rules did he violate? What proof do you have?" Wouldn't they expect the institution to show "Just Cause" for their actions or rescind them? Though the circumstances are different, the principles are the same.

Be well - Pax

L

Lolindir

There is a list of illegal items here

As you can see, there are only a few items actually listed as illegal:

The items listed below were created or obtained through the use of an exploit or bug, and are not able to be obtained or acquired through any legitimate means. They are prohibited within Ultima Online, and players who are found to have, use, trade, or sell them may have action taken against their account.
  • Portable forges, looms, spinning wheels, or other obviously not portable add-ons
  • Water or grass tiles
  • Silver steeds (except for Siege Perilous, and Mugen)
  • Tame ancient wyrms
  • Neon sandals (not BOD reward or AoS gift sandals)
  • Khaldun puzzle box
  • Chyloth's Shroud (red death shroud) and/or Staff.
  • Portable Mouseholes
And to be sure no one can hassle them about Rules of Conduct paragraph 19, they added this info:

• There are exploit-created items within the world that are not on this list, but just because items are not on this list, does not necessarily mean they are allowed.
  • We reserve the right to change this list at any time.
  • This list will only note items that were created with bugs or exploit that can no longer be created.
  • Game Masters will not discuss the legality of an item. The Development team reserves the right to remove any item from the game.
  • The purchase, sale, and ownership of these items are at your own risk.

In short; There is no way of knowing wich items are illegal, how they look, how they are obtained, or if you have one yourself. Just pray to the Gods that you wont come across one. :bowdown:

R

RoycroftLS

There is a list of illegal items here
Each page in the EA customer support database has a variable in the URL called "p_created" that tells you exactly when the page was created, in Unix time.

From your link, p_created=1029782872. You can go here and convert it to a more understandable date of August 19, 2002.

If you are going to complain about a policy, at least find one that is newer than Age of Shadows.

L

Lucy

You know whats funny? and a little ironic? Few of my acquantices I KNOW were duping weren't even banned. Kinnnnnnda funny in a sick way!

L

Lolindir

Each page in the EA customer support database has a variable in the URL called "p_created" that tells you exactly when the page was created, in Unix time.

From your link, p_created=1029782872. You can go here and convert it to a more understandable date of August 19, 2002.

If you are going to complain about a policy, at least find one that is newer than Age of Shadows.
Hm? Is the link incorrect? It directs me to what seems to be the correct site. Seeing as mouseholes are new items, shouldnt this be the latest edition?

I

Ivan Drago

Well I don't want to get involved in the debate here, it seems extremely immature with people making absurd statements like "get over it" (11 yr acct, £10 a month.. ok i'm over it! idiot) and that it's ea's game etc. All irrelevant.

I just want to add to the record that whilst most people getting banned seem to be the top end players with lots of cash, who might inadvertently be in possession of duped items or whatever; I on the other hand was not. I had about 30m and nothing of any real value. I barely played even, maybe once a fortnight.

Oh and also, we should be able to buy whatever we want in game, from absolutely anyone. It is the developers responsibility to protect their game in that respect. I saw Jeremy say don't buy from a cheap vendor or something.. well lots of people don't even follow stratics, don't have a bloody clue what dupes are, and will quite naturally buy from the cheapest option available.

ps: EA suck.

P

Pax

Well I don't want to get involved in the debate here, it seems extremely immature with people making absurd statements like "get over it" (11 yr acct, £10 a month.. ok i'm over it! idiot) and that it's ea's game etc. All irrelevant.

I just want to add to the record that whilst most people getting banned seem to be the top end players with lots of cash, who might inadvertently be in possession of duped items or whatever; I on the other hand was not. I had about 30m and nothing of any real value. I barely played even, maybe once a fortnight.

Oh and also, we should be able to buy whatever we want in game, from absolutely anyone. It is the developers responsibility to protect their game in that respect. I saw Jeremy say don't buy from a cheap vendor or something.. well lots of people don't even follow stratics, don't have a bloody clue what dupes are, and will quite naturally buy from the cheapest option available.

ps: EA suck.
I agree! I had no idea about the severe duping problem, much less what items were being duped, until I came here to the boards a few weeks ago looking for info on Melissa and the other story-line stuff going on.

When I shop I've *always* hunted around for the best prices, just to make sure. I usually pick up a rune, when some player places them at the bank, and check out the vendors. I bargain-hunt in RL, so it's natural to do the same thing when I play UO. Until I found out about the duping problem, I'd assumed the players running vendors with lots of high-end stuff (that wasn't rubble and such) got it mostly from IDoCs. I've done a couple of IDoCs myself, and know the kind of juicy loot you can pick up from them.

Now not only shopping is pretty much ruined for me, but also doing IDoCs... (though I never did them much anyway). I realize now there's no way to tell what items might be dupes. Emotionally, I feel like I'm back in pre-Tram UO again, in danger of getting ganked the second I let my guard down. I guess the only way to avoid it is just to stop shopping for high-end stuff, never do any more IDoCs, and not accept any expensive gifts from anyone.

Be well - Pax

W

wee papa smurf

I dont deal in any high end arti's or scrolls i get enough gold for insurance by fighting arctic ogre lords and on the odd occasion i go to doom but never get anything higher than a bracelet of health. The only thing i have alot of is Fountains Of Life (around 40) and the only reason i have so many of them is because of a while back they gave us the tokens for free! Although i know i dont do ANYTHING illegal in-game i still find myself logging on everyday before i go to work to make sure my account is still ok, it feels like this recent round of bannings is just a lottery. So heres hoping that EA realise some people are innocent, i mean u cant really explain why you have 50+ val hammers in a chest, so EA just slow down a little and take a breather lol!

:thumbsup:

P

Pax

I dont deal in any high end arti's or scrolls i get enough gold for insurance by fighting arctic ogre lords and on the odd occasion i go to doom but never get anything higher than a bracelet of health. The only thing i have alot of is Fountains Of Life (around 40) and the only reason i have so many of them is because of a while back they gave us the tokens for free! Although i know i dont do ANYTHING illegal in-game i still find myself logging on everyday before i go to work to make sure my account is still ok, it feels like this recent round of bannings is just a lottery. So heres hoping that EA realise some people are innocent, i mean u cant really explain why you have 50+ val hammers in a chest, so EA just slow down a little and take a breather lol!

:thumbsup:
You know, since I've been playing a fighter a lot for the first time ever, I actually know what you mean! He's only around 4 months old, made Lord in less than 2, and has already made around 2 mil just "by accident". Getting gold is nice, but actually playing the game is better, and doesn't really take that much gold. LOL

Be well - Pax

X

Xrenos

Just want to post an update on my current situation.

Asked many times to re-investigate my case, got same authomatic e-mail as a response, then EA_Mythic has stopped to answer my e-mails 6 days ago.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Asked many times to re-investigate my case, got same authomatic e-mail as a response, then EA_Mythic has stopped to answer my e-mails 6 days ago.

You gota love the "we are not allowed to discuss the actions we take on people"...

Yet their own terms and service agreement says they can do what they want, when they want, to who they want, and if we want to play we have to abide by their rules.

Double talk? I think so!!

Regardless if you were banned fairly or not, nothing is more insulting than being spoken to like your an idiot.

And I don't think that it's asking to much for an EA rep to say "we found this and this and this in your house", and then from there to say to you, "we dont want to hear your excuse, goodbye".

Anything short of that isjust mismanagment, especially ifyou have paid in advance to play and have not used the time up. They should also refund you any money that you havent used in game playing. (example: paid for 6 months, banned after 3 = they owe you 3 months refund)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two days ago I started getting e-mails supposedly from EA asking me to take a survey about their customer support. Have received three such e-mails in two days.

I submitted a question through the Customer Support site after receiving the first one, asking for verification of the e-mail's legitimacy and the safety of the link it contained. I haven't clicked the link yet because shortly after updating my e-mail address with the Customer Support site last week, a received a bogus e-mail from Paypal asking me to update my Paypal information. This was with an e-mail address I've only ever used for communications with EA.

I still haven't received a response from the Customer Support area. I did update my original request with two additional questions: (1) why did they send the survey e-mails, and (2) if I provide a telephone number and time zone if/when I complete the survey, will a quality service representative discuss the reply that the Customer Support area provided me with last week when I asked why I got a ban notification. (I asked this because the e-mails about taking the survey mention that you can be contacted by a quality service rep if you provide a phone number and time zone.)

I honestly don't know what to think at this point. I can tell someone is looking at my Customer Support account because other incidents I have out there have been updated by EA as recently as this morning, although I can't figure out what they updated. Only seems they closed the incidents so I can no longer add information to them.

My guess is that, as often happens in big corporations, complaints have been made about the Customer Support area and the survey e-mails and frequent apparent updating of incidents are happening in reaction to such complaints. In spite of this, I have low expectations of actually receiving a meaningful and helpful response to my questions about the survey e-mails I've received. Am just kind of surprised the incident's still open after almost 48 hours. That can't be looking too good on a tracking report.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two days ago I started getting e-mails supposedly from EA asking me to take a survey about their customer support. Have received three such e-mails in two days.

I submitted a question through the Customer Support site after receiving the first one, asking for verification of the e-mail's legitimacy and the safety of the link it contained. I haven't clicked the link yet because shortly after updating my e-mail address with the Customer Support site last week, a received a bogus e-mail from Paypal asking me to update my Paypal information. This was with an e-mail address I've only ever used for communications with EA.

I still haven't received a response from the Customer Support area. I did update my original request with two additional questions: (1) why did they send the survey e-mails, and (2) if I provide a telephone number and time zone if/when I complete the survey, will a quality service representative discuss the reply that the Customer Support area provided me with last week when I asked why I got a ban notification. (I asked this because the e-mails about taking the survey mention that you can be contacted by a quality service rep if you provide a phone number and time zone.)

I honestly don't know what to think at this point. I can tell someone is looking at my Customer Support account because other incidents I have out there have been updated by EA as recently as this morning, although I can't figure out what they updated. Only seems they closed the incidents so I can no longer add information to them.

My guess is that, as often happens in big corporations, complaints have been made about the Customer Support area and the survey e-mails and frequent apparent updating of incidents are happening in reaction to such complaints. In spite of this, I have low expectations of actually receiving a meaningful and helpful response to my questions about the survey e-mails I've received. Am just kind of surprised the incident's still open after almost 48 hours. That can't be looking too good on a tracking report.
I've sent an email question to customer support to not get answered, yet a while later I received an email asking if they had satisfactorly resolved my issue. :coco:

When you try to respond to the email it wont let you. :coco:

:coco: EA Customer Support :coco:

Renamed to "EA Lack of Customer Support" or "EA How to Act Like Support Cares, without Actually doing anything" :loser:

P

Pax

It's definitely wrong that they should treat you and the others that way but, short of trying to take legal action (which is your right), there's not much that can be done.

I'm sorry for the misery you're going through. :(

Be well - Pax

T

timbeOFbaja

It's money. The accountants have done the math and the time it would take to individually review each banned account exceeds the lost monthly fees. It's that easy.

The intent was to punish those who "hold" the duped items for the dupers who dupe with a throw-away account. Their failure in logic was that no duper is that stupid. I'd post how easy it is to launder money and make it untraceable but you'd laugh and then cry knowing that almost no actual duped gold, outside of the innocent players here, was actually remove from the game. Shouldn't take any of you long to come up with how it's done. Probably didn't take the guys who make a living thinking this stuff up long either.

G

galefan2004

This is an outrage....

I mean...

Come on....

We have an IDOC system in the game for a reason. The house should have IDOCed so all those greedy IDOC runners could have gotten your stuff instead of it all being deleted. On the bright side, I'm sure that one of your neighbors got to place over your castle, so it must have made their day.

If you are truely innocent then you must have unknowingly bought something you shouldn't have. This is why people REALLY should stay away from the stupidity of the rares market. A good 90% of rares are more than likely dupes. Buying rares is a great way to put your account in jeapordy.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's money. The accountants have done the math and the time it would take to individually review each banned account exceeds the lost monthly fees. It's that easy.

The intent was to punish those who "hold" the duped items for the dupers who dupe with a throw-away account. Their failure in logic was that no duper is that stupid. I'd post how easy it is to launder money and make it untraceable but you'd laugh and then cry knowing that almost no actual duped gold, outside of the innocent players here, was actually remove from the game. Shouldn't take any of you long to come up with how it's done. Probably didn't take the guys who make a living thinking this stuff up long either.
I think most of us here know how to launder as it has been posted many times.

I also know, for a fact, much of the duped money and duped items are still ingame and the biggest dupers are still playing and selling their duped items

EA didn't even come close to getting rid of it all.

G

galefan2004

Uh, yeah it can. Don't assume that if someone has 300mil that they cheated in some way to get it.
Very sad but very true. Although, I hate resellers to the point that I would have to say I revel in the fact that any reseller would get banned. Most of them hang around the bank buying items for insanely low prices then double or tripple the price just to make a profit on a Luna vendor. Someone that actually needed that item could have bought the item for the orginial low price. If that is how you play UO to make money then you are a plague on the game and it is probably better you are gone.

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very sad but very true. Although, I hate resellers to the point that I would have to say I revel in the fact that any reseller would get banned. Most of them hang around the bank buying items for insanely low prices then double or tripple the price just to make a profit on a Luna vendor. Someone that actually needed that item could have bought the item for the orginial low price. If that is how you play UO to make money then you are a plague on the game and it is probably better you are gone.
A very sound position. *laughs*

What playstyle will we target next as "bannable"? Standing around a brit bank and doing nothing (really annoying!)? Bashing monsters and taking the gold, since this is greedy and ruins the economy? Selling items instead of giving them away for free? Playing uo at all, since it is a true waste of time and should be better invested in saving the whales?

:danceb:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
---------------------------------------------------

Hiya i knew both Lucy and Zof .. both old europa players too..cant seem to place you though..while i can back both lucy and zof to the hilt as i know they are both geniune players..any clues to whom u are/were are on europa??

C

Connor_Graham

I guess it's a good thing I'm not a reseller then, otherwise I might be a plague on the game....:talktothehand:

R

RavenWinterHawk

Yeah. That person that really needs the item sure made an effort to buy it.

How about we spend our game standing at brit saying "selling item only to person that really needs it. I will stand here 20 hours"

How about this. You, find the guy that really needs something, and take him to where it is sold.

Oh by the way, people rarely sell anything low at brit bank. And you cant make triple or even double of the stuff they sell. Get real.

To take you opinion, place on ALL people that buy and sell, and revel in the bannings.... is disgusting.

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just to reiterate, there seems to be a faction that believe its all about duped runics. i had not one runic on my acct.
another poster says it could be anyone even you next time and thats just it. having always played by the rules i was one who called for them to get the cheaters. you do not need to cheat to be banned lets get it straight.

R

RavenWinterHawk

just to reiterate, there seems to be a faction that believe its all about duped runics. i had not one runic on my acct.
another poster says it could be anyone even you next time and thats just it. having always played by the rules i was one who called for them to get the cheaters. you do not need to cheat to be banned lets get it straight.
I hear ya. Lots of folks that are bitter and jealouls and would rather revel in your loss that get some people got shafted.

90% of the 150 accounts might be on target and I applaud that.

That leaves 10% of those that might not be quite right.

Anyway,

I see 12.5 million verites again in atlantic luna. I wont touch them again. But come on. Now I have to play games in my head to decide what legit.

"hmmm. Well that vendor is new and his verite is 19 million. Thats a fair price market wise. But that guy has it for 12.5 million but has a valorite hammer next to it. MIght be a duper. Hmm. I guess Ill pass and buy gold runics."

OR.

"Lets see I went to the japanese shards and brought back lots of AOS cloth. I sold about 100 million minus my 2 tokens and other costs.... Thats a lot of profit gold. Leave met with like 70 million. Should I keep it on my vendor or will it look like to much. If i take it out and box the checks, might I look like a duper."

These are examples of the problem and the lack of info we are getting from EA harms the "Legit" player.

I know it J said excess amounts and that helped.
Im just not sure what items that includes.

I dont have tons of gold but I could if I sold all my junk. Would the tag me next sweep. Who knows. Thats the problem.