• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Banned and house deleted

X

Xrenos

I play(ed) on Europa chard.

Two days ago my account was banned, castle deleted. Account info states that im banned according to p.19 of eula "exploits". I am absolutely sure this is a big mistake, because I have never used any exploits. Any investigation, for exampe analysis of recorded actions on all my characters since 2001, will prove that. I have never reported any bugs (because I dont know any), I have bought only few pieces of armor and weapons from player vendors and necro mark of travesty during last year. I am absolutely sure that my castle didn't have any illegal items, because all the rare stuff I had there were collected by me, by hands, fighting monsters, since 2001. And there were alot of items...

During two days (!) I wrote half dozen emails to EA customer service, got the robot responce that my problem now has a number and as soon as possible investigation will go on. Still got no other response. Seems like nobody in customer support is investigating this incident. They do not answer questions "why I was banned", "what exploit I am accused at", "how does investigation go", nothing. Made phone call aswell - they asked me to write emails because they cant discuss account problems by phone.

Two reasons of this ban that come to my head are:
1: Mistake
2: I was too rich. I've put alot of time and effort in Ultima Online, my God, since 2001. Had castle, gold, rares, artifacts, alot of them. Somebody in EA could think that accumulating this amount of "expensive" stuff cannot be acquired without exploits, and then EA "supposed" that I am guilty, but hey, its the same as "1: Mistake"

In this post I intentionnaly block my emotions and write only facts. 8 Years of gameplay. Invested time in gathering gold and items cannot be calculated. Building characters. Moderating and newsmaking on biggest russian official UO resource web page since 2001. Everything has gone in one blast, by mistake. And no answer from customer support on "why", "how" and "what" questions, totally ignored. Apart of making me really mad, it makes me really sad, and I cant understand what can I do, so I post here. If there is any chance that EA representative reads these forums, please, check the state of "EA Customer Support Request [Incident: 080801-010838]" - this number I got in authomatic response.

I cannot answer a quiestion I asked myself: What is the reason of playing this game if I collect gold, train character, achieve something, and the next day it is deleted?

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really do wish EA would be able to discuss our bans with us, even if they can't tell anyone else what happened. I wish you luck in figuring things out... is it possible that something you bought was a dupe? If so and you were innocent and did not know or have reason to suspect then I say EA has made a mistake... but remember a lot of people claim innocence when they know what they have done wrong, and no offense to you but after all the cries of innocence in these forums lately it is hard to know who is being truthful. :(

Again good luck and I hope things work out fairly.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Biggest EA mistake is to make such actions on last working day (friday) and leave players alone for next two days. I hope they have something to make rollback their mistakes.

F

FarausKarzak

I understand you. I been hit by this.

account banned, house deleted. No duped items that i know of in my 7x7.

I wonder myself, did i made too much money? I was able to get a LIL 10m a week by buying and reselling. NOTHING that would suggest exploiting the game to make real money!!

The only thing that im unsure is: i bought Destard home in trammel on Atlantic, this famous house at left of the entrance that been placed a couple years ago at launch of third dawn. You cant place that house if the plot is empty nowaday. Is that exploiting to buy that house ??? The home was "properly placed" as the pannel board was saying. i bought it off from his last owner. i bought it.

Is that could have banned me??? If so... WTH???? delete the house but dont ban me for god sake! this would be an honest mistake if it IS!!

I mean come on, no scripting at all no duping no exploiting, why they banned me??

I didnt bought a single val or verite hammer in my whole UO experience... I cant explain why i been banned and i myself wait on the "EA Customer Support Request [Incident: 080801-012829]"

plz GMs... see us trought this.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wonder myself, did i made too much money? I was able to get a LIL 10m a week by buying and reselling. NOTHING that would suggest exploiting the game to make real money!!
Buying and reselling duped items is considered exploiting, I think. Not innocent. Rightful ban. Assuming your buying and reselling involved a few duped items.

F

FarausKarzak

who would copy stuff like heart of the lion?

i was buyin and reselling ilsenhar and peerless arties

I never touched to the true rare busness.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Xrenos, when you are dealing with those kind of sums you are directly dealing with cheaters, exploits and scripting..good luck!:flame: Glad to see ea getting rid of the " saints".

X

Xrenos

Xrenos, when you are dealing with those kind of sums you are directly dealing with cheaters, exploits and scripting..good luck!:flame: Glad to see ea getting rid of the " saints".
Sorry, but you are not right.
I have bought my castle for 300m. There was an IDOC keep on felucca, I fought some people for it and lost. Later it turned out that the person who placed plot owned house nearby, demolishing them both he got a place for castle, and he sold me it.
I was collecting those 300m for last three years. Doom artifacts, peerless artifacts, powerscrolls, good looted items from monsters, tokuno dyes. Due to nature of my real life, I am at home for 5 days during a week and I spent this time playing ultima online. That is alot and enough time to get "those kinds of sums" you mentionned.

Have to say that you act unfair towards me, accusing me being "false saint", because you know nothing about me :(

Thank you all those people who support me.

L

Lady_Mina

Buying and reselling duped items is considered exploiting, I think. Not innocent. Rightful ban. Assuming your buying and reselling involved a few duped items.
Problem is traders , buy and resell all the time.
How are they suposed to know what's a 'real' item and whats duped?
Only when a seller would sell a mass stock of the same items at a very cheap price , only then would it be clear...but what if you buy a duped item...and don't know..and you resell it?

This worries me because i know a lot of people who trade...

I bought armor for my warrior recently...from vendors (not in luna btw) at a normal price range...but i have no idea what the origin of that armor is...god knows some parts could be dupes..

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, but you are not right.
I have bought my castle for 300m. There was an IDOC keep on felucca, I fought some people for it and lost. Later it turned out that the person who placed plot owned house nearby, demolishing them both he got a place for castle, and he sold me it.
I was collecting those 300m for last three years. Doom artifacts, peerless artifacts, powerscrolls, good looted items from monsters, tokuno dyes. Due to nature of my real life, I am at home for 5 days during a week and I spent this time playing ultima online. That is alot and enough time to get "those kinds of sums" you mentionned.

Have to say that you act unfair towards me, accusing me being "false saint", because you know nothing about me :(

Thank you all those people who support me.

your right! dont know you dont care. But as I said, that amount of money dosent come from honest play. Allowing others to pad your pockets with duped, exploited, scripted and other wise non-honest monies Puts (all who fit this catagory) right at the top of the list of people ****ting all over this game.... this is a generalization not a direct finger pointing.:loser: Sooner they are gone the better. Imo

Thav12

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know about these bans... I personally dealt with Faraus and found him extremely helpful on chessy before he left. He had a small but succesful store near destard and never seemed stocked with stuff he could not have made himself. He was always online, so I guess no reason to suspect that he could not have gathered his riches himself.

THe other side of the story is though, that I have played this game for a very long time myself and I know I have played by the game rules. I did not get banned. I am still dirt poor and have to knock down 100's of monsters to make a little money.

THe current economy is such though that the only way to participate and pay the outrageous prices is to buy and sell. It is as simple as that. Simple math dictates that if you have to kill 1000 dragons to make 1.000.000, you will have to play months in a row non-stop. But a milion does not buy you crap nowadays. The incentive is there to buy and sell whatever the hell you can get your hands on, because no other game mechanic, including crafting will ever render you with enough to buy anything of any use.

To come back to the topic at hand, I don't believe anyone is completely "honest" if they have unlimited resources and coin to buy all this stuff I see on vendors. If you calculate how much game time it takes to get 5 milion in gp, it borders a mathematical impossibilty. So, my point being that everyone who trades items with these kind of prices on a regular basis has to be insanely naive and must know that it is impossible to obtain these kind of riches "honestly". I do put this in quotations, because the game mechanics are so broken, that the lines between honest and dishonest have become so blurred out of necessity to be able participate in this crazy economy. The only reason I am still poor, is not out of some misguided idea of being better than "them", but because i have not been online enough to get into this trading business. If i had been online a bit more, my account would have been on the ban list too for trying to stay afloat in this crazy world by buying and selling items for which the "real" price had no bearing on the current "market" price...

Anyhow, logging in now to kill some ogre lords at 900 gp a piece... oh, and I have 40.000 spring cleaning tickets for sale... that is all the total amount of all the stuff I had to turn in from the 4-5 years of playing.... doesn't even buy me a god damn piece of armor. So again, how can some people own jewel sets, suits of armor etc... only way is by "ignoring" the real cost of things (gp=time) and participating in the shady trades world UO has become. By that measure, everyone is suspect, but then I would end up having nobody to play with.... Just go after the dupers, not the rest of the world. Give Faraus his stuff back, but only if you force him to come back to Chessy.

F

FarausKarzak

you right lady mina.

I was solely playing UO for the market mechanic this game offer.
I truly build 650-700m in about 2 years by buying and selling artefacts and crafted artefacts.

no armors crafting or weapon crafting with runics market at all.

I been banned cause MAYBE and I DONT KNOW I could have bought a duped let say... heart of the lion? soulseeker? rune beetle carapace?

I been in contact with prolly more different artefacts than casual players for sure!!

I never saw any pannel telling me that buying items will get me banned.
there I am after 8 years of knowing UO and ... LOL I really been banned even by being extremely carefull to dont do anything to get me ban!

pointless and worthless

I been f*****.

:bowdown:

deep.

F

FarausKarzak

Gosh thank you Thav12

You totally right.

its easy to me to buy heart of the lion 100k and sell it 275k
i do 175k - fee = about 165k

I sell 1-5 a week.

I was selling many items.

Anyone can figure that.

But there I am "auto"-banned

L

Lady_Mina

300 mill over a 3 year period is do-able...aspecialy for a trader.

Not for me tho...i'm a grinder.

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Makes me glad that I only sell things that I get as loot (arties, powerscrolls, etc.) I never did enjoy the buying and reselling aspect of the game, though it's unfortnate if some people got wrongfully banned because they didn't know they were dealing with a duper or scripter.\\

Like I said all I sell is stuff I get on my own, and I can make that much in a year let alone 3. Maybe not quite so much now since prices on arties are down, but still. All it takes is a few crimmy's and orny's to amass a small fortune fast, and those can all be gotten by hunting enough.

S

Splup

Yeah right... Iv done hundrets of millions just by making champ spawns (selling scrolls) and killing high end mobs for loot.

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know about these bans... I personally dealt with Faraus and found him extremely helpful on chessy before he left. He had a small but succesful store near destard and never seemed stocked with stuff he could not have made himself. He was always online, so I guess no reason to suspect that he could not have gathered his riches himself.

THe other side of the story is though, that I have played this game for a very long time myself and I know I have played by the game rules. I did not get banned. I am still dirt poor and have to knock down 100's of monsters to make a little money.

THe current economy is such though that the only way to participate and pay the outrageous prices is to buy and sell. It is as simple as that. Simple math dictates that if you have to kill 1000 dragons to make 1.000.000, you will have to play months in a row non-stop.
As a player who's been "casually" playing UO for 3 years I know exactly what you are talking about. I do think that gold is a little easier to get than you claim - I have done it. Even just taking down Earth Eles with a slayer weapon and Chiv EOO I get about 10k an hour from gold drops alone not counting jewels they drop which can be sold back for about half as much as the gold I bring backl; which means 100k in a 5-day week if I only spend an hour and a half per day killing eles... and those are low-level, tiny loot drops. 1mil is only 2-2.5 months of playing at that rate. It's slow, but it's not THAT slow. In 3 years I could've raked in slightly under 15mil. Keep in mind this is all just estimating based on soloing, no party, no high end spawn and no other source of income.

If I also run a small vendor and spend an extra half hour a day crafting or gathering to supply that vendor I might make another 100k/week on a good week... which is another 15mil over that 3 year time. And that's just farming Earth Elementals the whole time and not spending for what you can craft or gather. Of course no one values that kind of money any more and so your hard work feels useless and buying/selling is so much easier...

Some of the other posters have said they can grind and get a few artis to sell too... that bumps your income really quickly. You don't need to play low-level and stay poor, although I choose to, and there are legit ways to get gold pretty fast once you have set up for it.

But I'm getting more fun and worthwhile play time than the guys who bought auction gold for real money and shot up to GM with scripts and grinding, and I'm far less likely to be banned because I'm not taking a risk by reselling. I can still participate in small-scale economy, and I simply find ways around the big stuff - do I really need it, when I have friends to help me and characters to gather and create what I want for day to day playing?

I think anyone who's been taking risks in this game needs to know that there are sometimes consequences for those risks. No habitual reseller on any game I know including the "innocent" little web-based pet games, is absolutely clean. You will end up with a dirty piece somewhere in your inventory if you are buying low and selling high. It's a fact of gaming and one which I picked up on pretty darn quickly... and so I can't figure out why some people still don't seem to get it.

L

Lady_Mina

Life would be easier if you killed dragons or Miasma...those have +1000 gold
+ dragons have gems and Miasma has chests with crap loot and gems..

C

Coppelia

I knew the trading game involving dozens of millions was obviously on a dirty ground. It's always been out of question to enter in this area to get my gold. I just fell it would quickly be dodgy and I couldn't be sure of what's legit and what's not. So I stay away, I don't have millions, and I'm not banned.

I'm sorry for those who naively thought their business was clean. But it's impossible play in the XX millions trades category and stay clean. Maybe greed made some people close their eyes, maybe some are honestly candid or got tricked on a trade, but when you deal with those millions, there are question to ask yourself.
I'm surprised of the action of EA, but c'est la vie.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uh, yeah it can. Don't assume that if someone has 300mil that they cheated in some way to get it.
It should be remembered that trading is not the only way to get large amounts of gold, there is more than one way to skin a cat.

I have been doing Idocs on and off for 4 years now and I can assure you that 300 mill is not a vast sum over that sort of period. I have done it mainly to build up my collection of items but obviously I sell off a load of surplus items and altho I sell at under market value gold soon builds up.

I must admit that these threads concern me somewhat as you have no way of knowing if things obtained from an Idoc are duped. Altho I have sold a few I currently have about 7 Shroud of Shadows, are any of these duped? ,how in hell would I know?. People having houses deleted (maybe for having duped items if this is what has been happening) which is effectively finding them guilty before they even knew they were on trial, is a rather arbitrary way of dealing with customers but as usual EA follow their own highhanded way and we - the paying customers - just have to accept it.

EA Customer Service has always seemed to be a contradiction in terms maybe it should be Customer Disservice?

F

FarausKarzak

I beleive everyone is happy to shop at a good reliable mall.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How can someone, who sold most obtained items from doom/peerless using Europa EA&A auction, deal directly with duped gold and protect herself from such gold?

F

FarausKarzak

anyway yea I know. I must have no hope.

You wont see back Faraus Karzak =P

Ill just focus on others aspects of life.

And remember this: living the world of ultima online isnt a right, it can be revoke tomorrow without a reason they would dare to proove you... :lick::loser:

A

Azazel of LA

But as I said, that amount of money dosent come from honest play.
Im an honest player and Ive only been back in UO for a few months and already I have about 180mil gold , own a luna home and have ALOT of items of value stored away in my collection. So just because you cant do it without cheating doesnt mean that others cant! :next:

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Life would be easier if you killed dragons or Miasma...those have +1000 gold
+ dragons have gems and Miasma has chests with crap loot and gems..
Who says I can toe-to-toe a dragon? :p

I probably could but it's less insurance money and more fun to kill something that isn't going to eat me every 3 hits. :D And besides, I like living poor... it means I always have another goal to work toward!

Thav12

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im an honest player and Ive only been back in UO for a few months and already I have about 180mil gold , own a luna home and have ALOT of items of value stored away in my collection. So just because you cant do it without cheating doesnt mean that others cant! :next:
Nobody in this thread states that it is impossible to get 180 milion in a few months. The point is, that the regular game mechanics don't allow it. You can participate in the trading game and pretty quickly add the milions. But by killing miasma's and dragons it will take you more than a few months, even if you were to play 17 hrs a day. I will grant one of the previous authors in this thread that you can make more if you get some arties from doom, but ask yourself this: the 6 hours you put in to get that artie (give or take) does that equate 100K or 5 milion gp? in other words, the economy (which is broken) dictates a rediculous price based on availability and demand, but also based on how many gold pieces are available. I think 15 milion is a reasonable amount to have if you have played a lot overa 5 year period, not 180 in 3 months. You can not claim that you have done this through the game, you must have been trading. And yes, you will get burned that way...

But again, i was not posting to gripe about traders. I think I rather have a game with a somewhat broken economy than no game at all. Ban the dupers, don't ban the traders. Fix the duping loopholes and continue building on this amazing game.

L

Lady_Mina

Who says I can toe-to-toe a dragon? :p

I probably could but it's less insurance money and more fun to kill something that isn't going to eat me every 3 hits. :D And besides, I like living poor... it means I always have another goal to work toward!
Depends what skills you have...i've seen warriors slay those greater dragons quite fast..with quick healing and a good slayer weapon.

I myself am a peacer/tamer , i must admitt it's 'easy-mode' that way.
(except for a few of those new monsters wich seem to be out of my 'peacing' league...such as greater dragons)

G

Gandie

Im very Sorry to here this happen to you! I hope EA fixs it

/Gandie [W]

C

Connor_Graham

I think 15 milion is a reasonable amount to have if you have played a lot overa 5 year period, not 180 in 3 months. You can not claim that you have done this through the game, you must have been trading. And yes, you will get burned that way....
Also not correct. I don't trade at all, although I do play a fairly successful merchant. The majority of my gold has been made from events. I made roughly 300mil from the Magincia event, and have made another 300mil from the current event, and it's not even over yet.

The old "buy low & sell high" type of trader isn't the only way to skin a cat. I could easily make a 1/2 mil or more per day with just a few hours of time put in, just by combining normal non-event hunting & merchanting, and that's with severely lowballing the Luna vendors.

Thav12

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also not correct. I don't trade at all, although I do play a fairly successful merchant. The majority of my gold has been made from events. I made roughly 300mil from the Magincia event, and have made another 300mil from the current event, and it's not even over yet.

The old "buy low & sell high" type of trader isn't the only way to skin a cat. I could easily make a 1/2 mil or more per day with just a few hours of time put in, just by combining normal non-event hunting & merchanting, and that's with severely lowballing the Luna vendors.
Conner, you need to read the whole message, and pause for a second, think and then reply. The point is not that it can't be done. It clearly can. You are selling rubble from an event, or what ever little pixels you obtained from what ever event you can throw at me. The point is, that this economy is broken if those pixels return you a profit of 180 milion. It is simply not worth that much, if the economy were based on the game mechanics initially implemented within this game.

You are not doing anything illegal. I think that I made that clear. But the source of all those milions of gold appears to be somewhat dubious. The analogy would be: I sell my paintings to a drug dealer (I may not know this though...) who pays me 20 milion per painting. I can cheeer and say wow, I am rich, or I can seriously wonder about the source of all that money. I don't pass judgement really. All I am saying is that since almost everyone in this game is guilty of selling to a drug dealer in that sense, or using coins that originate from dubious trades, I'd prefer going after the drug dealer and leave the painters/traders alone, for I would run out of people to play my game with.

To me rubble is rubble. I like the gold from monsters. BUt that does not give me the moral high ground, it just fits my play style and the limited amount of time I wish to invest into this game. If you invest more time, great! Makes my game experience better. The one thing I don't like, is a game economy that continuous o spin out of control, and the dupers are a major, major cause of that.

To summarize Conner, I am not saying anything bad about your 180 milion score after 3 months. I am questioning the source of all that gold, and the "real" value of items sold for milions and milions. The fact that you can make a profit in this game world is just fine with me. I am poor not because I dont know how to not be poor. I am poor because I don't want to play that kind of game, and I don't have enough time for it.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

BOOche!! thats my point conner 300 mil where is it comming from? (300 legit players paying a mil? or from 20-30 questionable players hogging the market.. with ill gotten gains?) aye the vendor may be " proper".. use ill gotten gain in a general way.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dont walk into the fire if you dont want to get burned, nan alwsy said! simple philosiphical saying..... some do risk it some dont.... your choice is your consequience....

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How can someone, who sold most obtained items from doom/peerless using Europa EA&A auction, deal directly with duped gold and protect herself from such gold?
In a economy so inflated by duped, exploited, scripted gold(items) (YOU DO KNOW MoST OF IT IS )you can not protect your self.

Only non-participation(common sense) in highly suspected activities where making a profit is the only(true) goal.(such as auctions).

F

Flora Green

I currently have about 7 Shroud of Shadows, are any of these duped? ,how in hell would I know?. People having houses deleted (maybe for having duped items if this is what has been happening) which is effectively finding them guilty before they even knew they were on trial, is a rather arbitrary way of dealing with customers but as usual EA follow their own highhanded way and we - the paying customers - just have to accept it.
I have one, ONE, Shroud of Shadows I've been trying to sell for a couple of days. Normally I have 3-4 people asking me at the bank to buy it each time I have it on. Now I can't sell it, heritage tokens or rubble on my vendor. I can't even get the SS frags to move which normally are gone in a flash.

I've been casually selling my junk (that I'm not turning in) for a month so I can move that account to another shard (or shut it down, haven't decided). It's been pretty steady selling and I've managed to get a few mil out of my stuff. People must be REALLY paranoid now and I gotta say I'm not thrilled with losing 30k+ in vendor fees daily. I'd like to Crimson, but now I won't be buying one because who the hell knows what EA/Mythic or whatever they are called now will pull next.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

300 mil is easily achieved over a 3 year period if you know what you are doing.

Look at tokuno marties. How many did it take for a dye vial? 10? Lets assume you got 80 - thats 8 vials of luna white sold at 5 mil each - 40 mil.

That would be just over a 4-5 week period.

Then hop into doom for a few months. If you know what you are doing you rarely die (I can spend 2-3 hours in there with 1-2 deaths max) and assume you get 5 arties over that time. One is a Orny (20 mil) and the others are 2-5 milers. Thats maybe 40 mil there. Ok, in just around 4 months we are up to 80 mil. Now assume along the way you collect bods. Powder of fort goes for 100k or so. Its easy to do 100 iron bods - turn in and get roughly 5-8 PoF bods. Thats an easy 800k or so of reward for some downtime doing bods. Add in some hammers and barbed kits and you can make at least 1-2 mil a month on average with one smith/tailor.

They key is accumulate high price stuff, sell it, and don't blow your money. Most of the folks that think high sums of money are hard to achieve are ones that probably have the same problem in life. Spend way less than you make and you'd be surprised how much you can accumulate.

:danceb:

Thav12

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
300 mil is easily achieved over a 3 year period if you know what you are doing.

Look at tokuno marties. How many did it take for a dye vial? 10? Lets assume you got 80 - thats 8 vials of luna white sold at 5 mil each - 40 mil.

That would be just over a 4-5 week period.

Then hop into doom for a few months. If you know what you are doing you rarely die (I can spend 2-3 hours in there with 1-2 deaths max) and assume you get 5 arties over that time. One is a Orny (20 mil) and the others are 2-5 milers. Thats maybe 40 mil there. Ok, in just around 4 months we are up to 80 mil. Now assume along the way you collect bods. Powder of fort goes for 100k or so. Its easy to do 100 iron bods - turn in and get roughly 5-8 PoF bods. Thats an easy 800k or so of reward for some downtime doing bods. Add in some hammers and barbed kits and you can make at least 1-2 mil a month on average with one smith/tailor.

They key is accumulate high price stuff, sell it, and don't blow your money. Most of the folks that think high sums of money are hard to achieve are ones that probably have the same problem in life. Spend way less than you make and you'd be surprised how much you can accumulate.

:danceb:

Can you do me a favor, read my post a few postings back. Nobody here argues you can't get that kind of cash, even by hunting arties etc. POint is that the price for those arties is absurd.

Oh I added this: I am doing quite well for my self... But that may be correlated to the fact that I did not spend the time to get 400 milion in 3 years in an online game...

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Reading this thread makes me wonder if I play the same UO as everyone else.

eg: 2 hrs this morning from 7am to 9am.

Killed 22 Daemon Berserkers earning 148,000 gps
Sold gems collected: 15 diamonds, 25 amber, 5 star sapphires, 5 citrines, 20 amythyst, 10 sapphires, 15 tourmalines, 25 rubies for a total of 10,820 gps.

So just in gold and gems: 158,820 in pure gold earnt in 2 hours.

I average 8-10 hrs a day so if you were to extrapolate this over say 10 hrs of constant playing I will make 158,820 x 5 = 794,100

This is in ONE day, gaining game generated gold ONLY. NO buying and selling, no trading, just pure game mechanic generated gold.

If daemon beserkers weren't around I would make the same gold if not more off killing miasma, oni, hiryu's, lesser hiryus, lattice seekers in prism, etc etc as in the time it takes to kill one berserker I can kill 3-4 of these other types of monsters using dif characters I have suited to the monster I am killing.

Now assuming you killed pvm at this level every day for a year (365 days), you would amass: 289,846,500 gold. Even at half that rate to get 300 mil in 3 years using JUST GAME MECHANIC GENERATED GOLD IS SIMPLE.

It Lives
Re: Banned and house deleted
Xrenos, when you are dealing with those kind of sums you are directly dealing with cheaters, exploits and scripting..good luck! Glad to see ea getting rid of the " saints".
So as for that comment I seriously think you have no real idea on how legitimate players can and do make money. I can and do make that type of money without so much as selling a single item, or trading, or by communicating with a single other person. I could make that kind of gold if UO was a stand alone game on my computer with no other interaction from anything by just using current game generated gold.

and Thav 12

I am questioning the source of all that gold,.....
that gold can be made quite legitimately without so much as ever buying and selling anything, by just 'playing' UO and keeping all you make, crafting or getting your own gear, you can obtain millions and millions. I know this as I can. The fact I make more on top by running a shop doesn't really 'mean' anything. The time I spend doing my 'vendors' with crafted items, selling my loot and enhanced stuff etc would be put into hunting, the same amounts of money would be generated, in fact I could probably make 'more' by pure hunting alone if I didn't want to get bored out my head.

Now my real 'intent' for killing the berserkers this morning was NOT for the gold and gems, they were purely a BI PRODUCT of my mornings outing. I was aiming for berserker sythes and cursed artis, of which I obtained:

5 scythes and 1 cursed arti, so in event points: 55,000. Now if I start to add in buying, selling and trading, again off purely game generated items, at a conservative rate of say 30gps per point, my 2 hours of fighting also earnt me in later resale of tickets or items: 1,650,000 gold.

Add this to my 158,820 and my 2 hour hunt was worth : 1,808,820.

This is in 2 HOURS.

If I was to sell those points at the average price per point atm, say 50 gps then the gold made from just that would equate to 2,750.000.

The fact that I have no control over where the gold that buys my items comes from doesn't really mean anything either. Whether it is 'iffy', generated from dupes, scripting, etc etc. All that does is inflate the prices on the shard, so instead of a crimson being worth 2 mil it is worth 15 mil etc. Fact is any money I generate by using game generated gold (ie loot, gems, selling loot to npc's etc) is worth more. What I mean by this is if the 'iffy' gold wasn't around and I could only 'sell' my crimson for 2 mil, instead of the inflated 15 mil, makes the 289mil I can make in a yr from game generated gold that much more valuable when it comes to 'buying' power. Sure I make 13 mil less of a 'traded sale' however things I 'buy' are also going to more expensive. It is all relative I guess but really shouldn't be part of the argument, you have to operate in existing markets, especially when you have 0 control over what ea does or doesn't do in relation to exploiters etc, and 0 control over the cheaters. In actual fact without the 'illegal gold produced by whatever iffy source' I would to all intents and purposes be far richer on a per capita basis as I do put in the hours of play time. So in reality if all the illegal gold disappeared tomorrow, and only 'legitimate' gold remained, the dupers would have 0 and I would have my 289mil.

I have been playing for just over 5 years, I have 4 castles, 3 in tram, 1 in fel, and a luna shop. I have 5 accounts which are all fully paid each month. I sell a lot of stuff as a merchant, of my 28 odd vendors, only 2-3 of them would I consider sell high end items, eg artis, event stuff etc. These items are those that I obtain by fighting, partaking in events, etc etc. EG so far this event I have had off melissa: 2 crimsons , a rare set item (death essence's headpiece, 2 other set items, 3 totems, 2 boomsticks, 2 soul seekers, lots of ingredients, as well as lots of items worth enhancing or resale). I estimate, on sale of the items here that I don't have need for I will nett another 25 to 30 mil.

This is ONE event.

I have at least 300 mil in cash over my accounts, and would not even estimate the value of items I have as I never sell anything unless I have 2 of them or more. I have NEVER bought any item for myself or resale that I suspect could be a dupe, and I keep up with the boards for this reason alone. ie I have never sold a brk, val hammer, glary coloured robes and all that other crap that is known to be duped. The only doom artis I have ever sold were ones obtained myself. I sell peerless mains if Iam lucky enough to get them and don't need them for my collections, I craft all the high end arties, scrappers, stitchers, etc for resale, I do buy and resell some artis such as alchy baubles etc if I see them cheap enough, but these have never been part of a mass duping operation to my knowledge nor are most of the low end marties as they are not worth the effort of dupers to actually dupe. I do not buy ANYTHING off any vendor that I supsect is dealing in dupes, nor from any establishment that lets those vendors rent from them. I do NOT rent out any vendor spots from my shop as I do not wish to worry about what 'other' people are doing. I have never purchased 'gold' or 'items' for real life money as basically I suspect that 80% of the traders for cash out there are cheats and scripters, I have never xhsarded or moved my characters from my home shard.

I do take part in holiday trading and have made a bit of money doing that, and formed collections using this method. I find holiday trading more of a an intershard social event more than anything and a few days a year meet up with those of my traders on other shards who like to collect etc so we chat and swap gifts to benefit each other.

The most expensive item I have sold off my vendor was a spare ghost ship achor I obtained from a leviathon for 19.5mil, and I have sold a spare crimson for 15 mil. This is in 5 yrs of running my shop. Anything else has been under those values.

You do NOT need to dupe, deal with dupers, script, or cheat to amass millions in UO. You just need to have well developed characters of a variety of types so that in any situation you have the character for the job, and play lots of hours, and get enjoyment from doing things the 'right' way.

The day I log in to find so much as one of my accounts banned, as it seems some here have been experiencing, will be the day all 5 of my accounts get closed as I know if what some people have said here is legit, and they have had their houses deleted for an 'exploit' they know nothing about that is something I personally would find very hard to tolerate as an honest player.

To my mind deletions leave no room for error on the part of EA, and frankly given how many other things they get wrong it is a serious misuse of power against the community. Sure if they are 80% sure ban the account, but for goodness sake they need to lock and leave the 'assest's' until such time as the owner has exhausted any way to clear themselves.

But for those making comments that you 'must' deal with scripters, cheat, dupe or whatever to amass large amounts of money you are totally incorrect and it is pretty offensive to have to listen to that kinda of uneducated drivel from those who cannot have any understanding of what is and isn't 'possible' in this game.

The fact that others cheat and all the duping is what makes the prices so high has nothing to do with legitimate, honest, players. You can only operate in the market and economy that exists. There is no point trying to sell my 'item' at real value, say 2 million, as those that do cheat or whatever will just buy you out and resell for 10 million, hence that site operating that offers to 'buy' stuff to supply you by cheating and running scripts to 'see' where they can obtain stuff cheap off vendors so they can buy em in game and sell them on for real life cash is a perfect example of why legitimate vendors need to keep up to date with 'prices' be they real value or not. I found it quite disgusting to see items on my vendor listed as 'available' for cash sale on this site, but there is nothing I can do about that.

This issue really makes me mad, and the uniformed make me just as mad. I personally don't 'know' anyone who has been affected by these 'deletions' and can only take their claims at face value. It is not up to me to judge if they are telling the truth or not. However, if they are, what EA has done is atrocious and it is a sad day all round for the whole of the community.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
your break down sounds nifty I but highly doubt that a majority of players can or do that kind of power gaming daily in a legit manner. About running a highly profitable vendor these days is at your own risk. Running A Vendor ...well lets Just say anyone can sell things to the greedy(its a choice).

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
doing that semi easy do that legit harder but can be done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your break down sounds nifty I but highly doubt that a majority of players can or do that kind of power gaming daily in a legit manner. About running a highly profitable vendor these days is at your own risk. Running A Vendor ...well lets Just say anyone can sell things to the greedy(its a choice).

B

Budweiser

I made 60mill in three days when the turn ins started for the 100%lrc suits. I saved every cursed artie i had and all the spawn drop items over the past two years...i turned in enough for two full suits and sold them at 30 mill each. 300 mill in three years is easy if you know your buyers and market.

V

Vyrquenox

your right! dont know you dont care. But as I said, that amount of money dosent come from honest play. Allowing others to pad your pockets with duped, exploited, scripted and other wise non-honest monies Puts (all who fit this catagory) right at the top of the list of people ****ting all over this game.... this is a generalization not a direct finger pointing.:loser: Sooner they are gone the better. Imo[/QUOTE]

you know what? shut up. What you're saying is that if I sold my last 10 crimsons instead of giving them away I should be banned because i have 140-150 million and some of that money was paid by people who got it illegally. You really are just teetering on the cliff of insanity. 'wahh wahh that amount of money doesn't come from honest play!" what the heck are you talking about? I've run through half a billion worth of stuff in two years, why can't this guy have 300 million because he sells his stuff instead of collecting it or giving it away? Because you can't? Because if he sells it and someone buys it off his vendor with duped gold he should be tossed out of the game? Well then, say goodbye to half the player base. freaking people.

Thav12

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Miss Echo,

Excellent post. And your point is well taken. I think you are right. You clearly take your UO gaming seriously and with your 5 accounts and a very experienced approach to your game, you have convinced me that you can be highly profitable within this game system. I certainly hope not to have offended you, as you seem to be a player I would like to see in my game as well. I am not that organized, and for me this seems very difficult to achieve, but then again, I can see how one can pull it off.

Nevertheless, the issue is that more often than not the game that I know very well is inhabited by such loosers that script invisibly for barbed kits, that dupe to gain an advantage, that hang at the Luna bank dressed in banned items screaming "I won UO, you are a looser". Well, those people I think have significantly made my game a hell of a lot more difficult to enjoy. I can not afford anything worth a damn in this game as a result of these issues and unlike you, I can not afford to spend that much time in this game. I think not very many people can, although most people in UO probably wish they could.

From your post, I gather that you truly enjoy the game at its fullest, and so do I. You must have frowned when your neighbors in Luna kept adding these insane numbers of high end/high price items to their vendor stock. If you put in all the effort to kill 100's of miasma's and stay alive (you must bring a friend, i take it...), you appreciate the true difficulty in making all this money. The duping and such just has driven up the prices of otherwise reasonably available items to the point that I can not afford them. You didn't do that, you actually added to the economy with items and coins that are just a simple reflection of how well you play the game. Most people aren't so noble. In fact, most of the banned people probably deserved it at one level or another. I am sure there are exceptions, but then again, as you stated, there was never a reason to get into trouble in the first place. And moreover, you didn't get banned and neither did I. However, I still believe that the main attention should go to the people that make the dupes, not the ones who trade them, as intent to do wrong in that case is so much more difficult to prove.

If you are playing chessy, show me how you take down miasma so efficiently, happy to learn something!

K

Kith Kanan

Hello Nathan how is Napa these days... guesse no ones running nakid bar brawls more ???

H

Herc

I made 122mil last week selling my xsharded heritage tokens and 25k spring cleaning scrolls.

Sold my accounts yesterday and deleted the game :)

Thav12

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

your right! dont know you dont care. But as I said, that amount of money dosent come from honest play. Allowing others to pad your pockets with duped, exploited, scripted and other wise non-honest monies Puts (all who fit this catagory) right at the top of the list of people ****ting all over this game.... this is a generalization not a direct finger pointing.:loser: Sooner they are gone the better. Imo

you know what? shut up. What you're saying is that if I sold my last 10 crimsons instead of giving them away I should be banned because i have 140-150 million and some of that money was paid by people who got it illegally. You really are just teetering on the cliff of insanity. 'wahh wahh that amount of money doesn't come from honest play!" what the heck are you talking about? I've run through half a billion worth of stuff in two years, why can't this guy have 300 million because he sells his stuff instead of collecting it or giving it away? Because you can't? Because if he sells it and someone buys it off his vendor with duped gold he should be tossed out of the game? Well then, say goodbye to half the player base. freaking people.

10 crimsons.... so, while trying to shut up, how many hours of doing a repetitive thing with a one in a 10K chance of getting a crison did you play to obtain 10 of em? I am not saying you didn't do that, or that you duped them, not at all, I just want you to be fair about letting us know that that took you x amount of time, while monomanically chopping one particular monster over and over again. All the whilst not doing anything else enjoyable in the game. And do you believe 15 milion per crimson is a reflection of the time you put into it? In other words does it equate slaying 15.000 dragons for instance? or at 20 dragons an hour, does it really equate 62 days of 12 hours straight dragon killing to get the 15.000.000 to pay for one crimson? I think most people would say that is completely nuts. Perhaps not so, if you put in that kind of time, lessened by the amount of cash you got while hunting for this crimson of course.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

you know what? shut up. What you're saying is that if I sold my last 10 crimsons instead of giving them away I should be banned because i have 140-150 million and some of that money was paid by people who got it illegally. You really are just teetering on the cliff of insanity. 'wahh wahh that amount of money doesn't come from honest play!" what the heck are you talking about? I've run through half a billion worth of stuff in two years, why can't this guy have 300 million because he sells his stuff instead of collecting it or giving it away? Because you can't? Because if he sells it and someone buys it off his vendor with duped gold he should be tossed out of the game? Well then, say goodbye to half the player base. freaking people.[/QUOTE]

Not insane! Just as angry as you really. EA should never allowed the game economy past a certain point Period. All this "I have 300 million gold" should have never happend at all. IT Has Happend, and is in no small part due to cheats, exploits, scripters and so forth. That you have ran thru a half a billion in stuff is IMO ********.

The vendor system needs a good workover(if not replaced) as well as the economy.

X

Xrenos

Soooo

Now I have the mail:

Dispute Termination of an Account

Discussion Thread
Response (EA Rep Balendros)
08/04/2008 08:07 AM
Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Ultima Online Support.

I am very sorry to hear of your account being terminated. However, you were found to be in possession of a multitude of highly illegal items in Ultima Online. Due to the severe nature of this ToS violation, your account was terminated. Sufficient evidence was verified to justify this termination.

The action taken against your account was just and will stand. If you would like to see any changes made to our Rules and Policies, please feel free to submit feedback bia the UO Herald by visiting
http://uoherald.com/feedback/index.php

Any further replies regarding this subject will not be acknowledged.

Thank you and take care.

EA Rep Balendros
Player Relations
Electronic Arts

I Did not have verite and valorite hammers, never, in my 8 years of gameplay. I had not any illegal items on my account - everything I had was gained by hands, fighting monsters.

Statement: "Sufficient evidence was verified to justify this termination."
Is B*** S****,
they just ban those who are rich hoping they hit cheaters.

B

BartofCats

pretty neat considering they cant spell VIA correctly either.

Z

Zofinur

I Did not have verite and valorite hammers, never, in my 8 years of gameplay.
Same here; even though i was kinda addicted to bods, and hope to get one ...

And i got the same (canned?) response.

I still cant believe it ...