• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Attn Devs: Siege Needs Your Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nah, not really surprised, but I hold out a bit of hope they will hear our pleas. I figure it is worth at least a last ditch effort to try and get them to help us.

I have one of the largest guilds on the shard, certainly the most active guild, even as pathetically low as our numbers are. We devised our contingency plan over this past weekend, to continue to play together..."elsewhere" should EA MYTHIC choose to do nothing. At that point, if the writing on the wall isn't already clear enough, if/when my guild leaves Siege, its pretty much game over.

C'mon Devs, feel free to surprise us with good news!!!
:cheerleader:

O

Ole Cheapy

It's clear to me that Cal is a damn coward, he doesn't even have the nerve to pop his head in hear and tell us to take a hike! I mean if you don't care about our shard and opinions, at least have the nerve to tell us that. My 2 cents cuz I'm sick and tired of kissing up to these people.

E

Evlar

It's clear to me that Cal is a damn coward, he doesn't even have the nerve to pop his head in hear and tell us to take a hike! I mean if you don't care about our shard and opinions, at least have the nerve to tell us that. My 2 cents cuz I'm sick and tired of kissing up to these people.
Is that suggesting that instead of these...

...We have these?

:lol:

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

It's clear to me that Cal is a damn coward,
I think you are jumping the gun here...and saying things like this is not exactly the best way to endear the lead developer to your cause :)

Don't get me wrong, I don't personally know Cal...so I don't know what he is like...but I would at least wait and see what he has to say on the subject before making this kind of statement.

O

Ole Cheapy

I think you are jumping the gun here...and saying things like this is not exactly the best way to endear the lead developer to your cause :)

Don't get me wrong, I don't personally know Cal...so I don't know what he is like...but I would at least wait and see what he has to say on the subject before making this kind of statement.
I think his silence speaks volumes here, it clearly tells what he think about the subject and the shard. Pull him to the side and ask him has he ever considered pulling the plug on siege all together and report back his reply. Let me know if he looks to his left or to his right when he answers. :)

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something certainly needs to be done. As it is in current form, I as a 12yr player (the last 6 exclusively on siege) am ready to close down my 5 accounts for good unless some attention is paid, and soon.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Tap tap tap* Is this thing on? Can anyone hear us? :(

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a recurring theme, it's not just this thread or Bruin's PM. About every six months, Siegers sit down and hash out suggestions to give to the DEV's on how to improve the shard. Someone compiles them and sends them via PM, or snail mail, only to be ignored.

We have tried desperately over and over to get their attention, or at least some acknowledgment that they hear us or will even consider doing something.

The last time we got anything changed was when we finally got player vendor fees down to regular pricing from 3x pricing.

Many people have given up the fight, myself included. Someone always rises up out of the community to try it again. They keyword here is: Community. Siege IS one and that's why we keep coming back here trying to raise attention.

CAL: A simple, "I hear you" would go along way right now. But frankly, I don't think you're going to do that because you've got ...nevermind, Petra will just contact me to tell me to edit my post...

I'm hoping that TnT doesn't pack up and haul out, Gilfane won't have anyone to raid our spawns. rolleyes:

VinnySP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Free Siege bump,Come guys give us alittle love. We aren't asking for very much.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we post our suggestions as questions on the "Ask the Devs" forum? I haven't really looked at the forum, but it seems like a place were we might get some sort of response.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we post our suggestions as questions on the "Ask the Devs" forum? I haven't really looked at the forum, but it seems like a place were we might get some sort of response.
Yes, but it's a moderated forum (meaning your post won't show up instantly) and you may not get an answer right away (if you get one at all). Posting a question does not guarantee it will be answered by a dev team member. Some posts that are something the community can answer are moved to the public forums and can be answered by anyone and everyone who sees it.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I have two questions for the Siege players here:

1 - If the devs decide that they are not going to do anything to change Siege, will you still play on it?

2 - If not, will you move to another shard?

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have two questions for the Siege players here:

1 - If the devs decide that they are not going to do anything to change Siege, will you still play on it?
Nope. We are bored to death. There is no PvP. During the past 5 months that Siege has been dead... we've done all the spawning and PvM there is to be had ad nauseum and we have been training additional skills to the point that some of us have even considered training Taste ID.

If they aren't going to fix Siege, there is no longer a reason to stay.

2 - If not, will you move to another shard?
Another shard? Yes, sort of.

EA MYTHIC Prodo? No.

E

Ellie Greymist

In reply to your question Morgana: yes, my two characters will remain on Siege. I am one of those vet players that others refered to as having discovered the shard when I was very bored and about to quit UO. (I am a 12+ yr veteran). I had stints on Europa and Atlantic with friends there; but for most of 11 yrs I was a citizen of Cats. I figured that I would just start a character and spend a few hours one late afternoon seeing how bad it was. Within 30 minutes I met three people who saw that I was a noob and ran over (in Luna bank) said hi and helped me out. Shalimar was one of these three and she got me into NEW and on my way with training. Within a week most ofwho were left of our guild on Cats were on Seige and are still here. We love it!
Yes, I agree with Bruin and Kat et al that some tweaks and changes would be good for increasing the shard population; but I don't think making it too easy will necessarily attract the sort of people we want in the community, nor will it discourage those who are looking for the unique gaming experience on Siege.
As a non-Pvp player I confess that I am less likely to be discouraged by the lower shard population than those of you who are. And although The White Council and Gilfane especially has lost many since Hoffs and Ian James stepped down, those of us still here have been getting out to hunt, gather resources for the crafters and just have fun exploring the vast new content of the world since Ter Mur opened up. The element of risk involved here, both from other players and from not being able to recall out of any tough PvM situation with your insured stuff is a welcome challenge
The outstanding citizens of the White Council are more than happy to help newcomers with what they need to "get a leg up" here on SP so if anyone out there needs something give us a holler.
*bows*
Branwyn of Errol- Keeper of the Hall Gilfane
Desdemona Lyre- mistress of "The Flaming Gargoyle" tavern in Ter-Mur

W

wavace

I don't see how Siege is done to be honest HaHa. As it has been stated, the world of Ultima Online has changed-With all the new expansions, came all the new templates and items. With Siege Perilous current rule set, Siege just will not survive.

I for one, love the full-on loot that Siege Perilous offers and I love the risk of completely gearing out my character(s), only to cry about it later on when or if I die! It gives a high when you're risking high end items in PvP or PvM.

That's why I have always suggested why not raise the drop rate of items, bring back cursed artifacts, and decrease faction artifacts back down to 1k silver per rank. I personally suggest removing the evil/good hue system or at least allow the non-faction player to equip hued items (obviously not faction items, if they're non-faction).

Everyone has their version of what would revive Siege Perilous and I truly believe these ideas are an easy fix until the DEVs decided when or if they can dedicate more time to Siege Perilous. It will update us to current Ultima Online play, allowing the mediocre and/or casual players to keep up with the more extreme players-Giving them the ease of suiting up, giving everyone the joy of possibly looting awesome stuff to re-use, sell, or even give back!

I know my ideas are based around PvP, but that is what interest me!

Just my .02.

-Forsaken
just curious. Which way did you end up going to? Wow? or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.