• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Attn Devs: Siege Needs Your Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As Siege is currently surviving on life support.

We need new players and we need the help of you, our Dev Team!

We have polled potential new Siege players about what prevents them from trying Siege. We have also polled the current Siege community about the very changes those players suggested. What we have realized is that, although the concept and original rules of Siege were awesome, they are no longer viable in today's game. In response to that realization and our "research", an email and PM's through Stratics were sent to a number of Devs a couple months ago, which was a request for your help. We have been quietly awaiting some word from you guys about what you are willing to do to help our shard.

The response from you has been deafeningly silent.

We need a response... Some form of communication, about whats in store for our shard. It will not survive in its current state, but we believe the proposed changes could revive what could again, be an awesome place to play the game we all love! Siege is, afterall, the last opportunity that EA has to retain paying customers who have become bored or want something different than their current shards have to offer. We are also the first stop for those who come back to UO after years of absence, which offers another opportunity for EA to retain yet even more paying subscribers. We have a healthy economy that hasn't been affected by duping and tons of scripters. We have the perfect risk vs reward setup and the current proposed changes will only enhance that aspect.

There are many great qualities about our shard, but we do, at this point in time need some love from our Dev Team! Bring us current with today's game and please help our shard to flourish again. There really is no other place or game we want to play.

We are anxiously awaiting your response!

Monolith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I agree......the average person playing Siege are paying for average 2 to 4 accounts. Thats how much we enjoy Siege, we are willing to pay for more accounts to have more chars. But....Siege is dying and in desperate help to populate Siege. There are a lot of different things that could be done to to help Siege, we need our DEV teams to care about Siege.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
As a player, I highly endorse this message. As a Siege player, I read though the proposed changes now on Test. I was a bit disappointed, again. Nothing for us.

Yeah, some of the changes affect us as they will every other player. Water pitchers? I have a water trough on my farm to manage that. I can click on a trough as easily as a "magic wave". It is right there.

I have kinda stayed away from Siege threads on Uhall unless they needed Mod attention for quite some time.

I feel this thread deserves every bit of attention the "Classic Shard" threads get. We Siege players are real. We are here playing. We are getting scarce... verging upon extinct.

We of Siege are not asking for a lot of "code changes". Just review some of the things that really worked for Siege that are already there. If you need a refresher on what these things are, please ask.

Several of us on Siege are busting our asses to make Siege more palatable for new and old players alike. Some do not... That is true for any Shard's PvP "talent".

Siege is not just PvP. Any that proscribe to that belief is mistaken or mislead.

Yes. PvP happens. So do a multitude of other activities. Every thing that happens on any other shard, happens on Siege. We craft. We grow plants. We do BoDs. We role play. We have towns.

Siege does spawns. We steal artifacts and stuff from your pack. We wander the realm and see houses in decay, and we camp them. Just like every other shard.

There are ganks, griefers, Drama queens and villians. There are heroes, vendors, crafters and good folk.

While we may seem different, we are not. The rules we play with are...

Yes. I agree those rules need to be revisited. We are Siege. We are here.

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also play siege i hate to say it but the server is flat lining it needs attention

Elfstone

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree......the average person playing Siege are paying for average 2 to 4 accounts. Thats how much we enjoy Siege, we are willing to pay for more accounts to have more chars. But....Siege is dying and in desperate help to populate Siege. There are a lot of different things that could be done to to help Siege, we need our DEV teams to care about Siege.

Siege players are what is keeping Siege and UO alive. I too own more then one account. Only reasion I keep it is because I hope to come back to Siege after what has been a great time training up my pvp skills. I know for a damn fact that most own more then 2 accounts. At this point though I am still hopefully awaiting something to happen for Siege Perilous.
It makes no point to have a dead shard, and in turn it makes no point for Siege to remain being ignored. This is the best shard to play on...
I love Siege Perilous and miss her everyday on the trammy shard I play on.
But as Kat had said, Siege Perilous needs to be brought up to the same state as the other shards. Siege needs help now...

M

maroite

Siege players are what is keeping Siege and UO alive. I too own more then one account. Only reasion I keep it is because I hope to come back to Siege after what has been a great time training up my pvp skills. I know for a damn fact that most own more then 2 accounts. At this point though I am still hopefully awaiting something to happen for Siege Perilous.
It makes no point to have a dead shard, and in turn it makes no point for Siege to remain being ignored. This is the best shard to play on...
But as Kat had said, Siege Perilous needs to be brought up to the same state as the other shards. Siege needs help now...

Thats laughable.

I own more than one account and I don't play on Seige at all, and you're going to claim that Seige is what keeps UO afloat?...

Although I support the interaction of devs to help the game progress, I also realize how one sided most of the posts in this topic have been.

That being said I hope the devs do help Seige, as much as the help the other shards and other issues that people want help with.

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. Many of the requests are low risk and cost and will give a quick ROI.

Having a healthy PvP server also helps in marketing UO.

I would say even allow naked character transfers, which means you can transfer a character but not any items.

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege needs attention. I did all I could for the shard, but sadly, it is not enough.

/signed

I may not be playing here any longer, but Siege is where my heart truly is.

R

Rumpelstiltskin

siege needs to lower faction artie cost get rid of rot, and produce a replica/artydrop after every champ spawn

k thx

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thats laughable.

I own more than one account and I don't play on Seige at all, and you're going to claim that Seige is what keeps UO afloat?...

Although I support the interaction of devs to help the game progress, I also realize how one sided most of the posts in this topic have been.

That being said I hope the devs do help Seige, as much as the help the other shards and other issues that people want help with.
Maybe it is laughable, but the majority of Siege players do pay for multiple accounts in order to have more than one character to play. The numbers on Siege may be few, but multiply those players by 2 to 5 [some more or less] paying subscriptions per person. Some of us pay 5 to 6 times more than other players do, just to have access to the same number of characters... Think about that for a minute. Thats not a complaint, by the way. All he's saying is that we don't deserve to be constantly ignored.

Furthermore, the posts in this thread may seem "one sided", but its only because the vast majority of us have come to the realization that the originial concept and current Siege rules are no longer viable in todays game. That, in itself, is amazing! Just a few years ago, the mere mention of second character slots, faster skill gain, allowing an additional house on Siege, etc, incited near rioting from the Siege playerbase! lol

The majority of us have accepted its time for a change. Unfortunately, the shard is currently hanging by a string. When another poster above said that Siege has flatlined... They weren't kidding or exaggerating! :(

Siege Perilous -------> :stretcher:

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
siege needs to lower faction artie cost get rid of rot, and produce a replica/artydrop after every champ spawn

k thx
Most of that would be welcomed! The proposed fix to RoT was more along the lines of tweaking [again] or removing the per-day skill cap and the addition of T2A blackrock skill gain areas, which would be the perfect risk vs. reward system for Siege.

The other two items you mentioned would be welcomed changes. Those were discussed as well!

C

Chim

Forget it guys EA/Mythic has no intrest in Siege and has not for many years, I left playing UO 3 years ago and the only thing I miss is the players and the community I now play Aion with stunning lag free 3d graphics using the cry engine the only time I ever get lag and low frames is when there are massive fort battles with 60+ people on each side PVPVE while flying is the bomb... UO is an antique that needs to be put on the shelf... the fact that they still charge for the game is a joke as outdated as it is pathetic... in this gaming generation for I'd expect to see this type of graphics in a Sims game but in an MMO its a joke... get a new graphic engine, hire some competent game designers and stop living in the 90's and make the game real again... I tried playing UO a few months ago I reactivated an account it lasted all of 2 days when in those 2 days I came across a total of 12 people on Siege I took the credit card info off and let it go inactive ... as much as I loved the community and the players on Siege the game I no longer love....

Chimera, Jessie, Inari

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege is not just PvP. Any that proscribe to that belief is mistaken or mislead.

Yes. PvP happens. So do a multitude of other activities. Every thing that happens on any other shard, happens on Siege. We craft. We grow plants. We do BoDs. We role play. We have towns.
While I agree with all of what Kelmo has said, I'll pick up on just this part.

I play on Siege, I have for about 3 - 4 years now. I can't/won't pvp, so why do I bother?

Because it's the place where, as a crafter, I truely feel valued. I can make and sell a multitude of items on a regular basis and make a comfortable income from it. That's not doing bods, that's selling things like gm armor, arrows, smoke bombs, bola, gate scrolls, apples, both enchanted and straight from the tree, gm instruments. I could go on, but I have 7 fully stocked vendors so the list would be too long.

Yes, I get killed now and then, but not very often - something along the lines of once a month, and when I do, it's no big deal, I just go home and make myself a new suit. My hubby has 2 pvm characters on the shard. Same goes for him, when he dies I just make him a new suit. He doesn't need a full suit of arties and marties, the extra armslore bonus on Siege plus a little low level imbuing is plenty for pvm.

Yes, I still play Europa part of the time, I don't have a pvm character on Siege and sometimes I want to pvm, but life is simpler on Siege, it makes a refreshing change. I'm here to stay.

However, I'm looking at the spoiler thread for text strings and wondering if we're mistaken in thinking there's nothing for Siege in the pipeline. Time will tell I guess.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't play Siege, but I will say this...

If Mythic is spending time considering a Classic Shard, that's time better spent trying to improve the Siege Perilous ruleset.

If Mythic were to ever mothball the Siege ruleset, that would be a guaranteed loss of revenue. The potential "gain" in opening a "Classic Shard" is just that. Potential. If Mythic's expecting droves of players to come running back to play a game that those who've been desiring to do so have been doing so on private servers for so long it's not even funny... well... I wish them luck.

But in the meantime... if Mythic is actively considering a Classic Shard, I encourage them to better spend that time and energy on currently paying customers who have a ruleset that needs some attention.

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd just love to see the shard be given special rules on housing. People could place a second home but unlike Test Center, the housing would be subject to the old rules of refreshing.

The last thing I want to see is two houses been allowed and siege filling up with empty homes that never fall.

Obviously I'd like to see more changes, but I'd love to see this. Just my opinion. And I would love to loot their houses when they go IDOC ;)

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great post Kat. We're not asking for a lot but work with us please. I started playing this game back in 2002 Siege is the first and only shard I've played other than Atlantic and I only played there for about two weeks.

Please just let us know you're listening and that you do care. Give us some hope before it's to late.

A few small changes that would be easy to do and hold us over and possibly bring back a lot of players who have left to play other games or free shards would be.

1. Turn Blackrock back on permanently making rot less painful.

2. Make faction items cost the same amount of silver as production shards.

3. If possible but not a must increase drop rate for artifacts and bring back cursed artifacts so people who don't want to be in factions are not forced to be allowing them to be able to compete in pvp without having to be in factions.

Diablo FTW

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now i know how kat help siege. and she is a real siege players..

great post. i realy do hope someone help siege,

all i can say is. they are lazy... even the gms... in game.

S

Stupid Miner

I don't play Siege, but I will say this...

If Mythic is spending time considering a Classic Shard, that's time better spent trying to improve the Siege Perilous ruleset.

If Mythic were to ever mothball the Siege ruleset, that would be a guaranteed loss of revenue. The potential "gain" in opening a "Classic Shard" is just that. Potential. If Mythic's expecting droves of players to come running back to play a game that those who've been desiring to do so have been doing so on private servers for so long it's not even funny... well... I wish them luck.

But in the meantime... if Mythic is actively considering a Classic Shard, I encourage them to better spend that time and energy on currently paying customers who have a ruleset that needs some attention.
Got that backwards.
Spend more time and effort on the one that is already there and established. It's much simpler to do.
One's 15% broken, the other doesn't even exist.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

We have polled potential new Siege players about what prevents them from trying Siege. We have also polled the current Siege community about the very changes those players suggested. What we have realized is that, although the concept and original rules of Siege were awesome, they are no longer viable in today's game. In response to that realization and our "research", an email and PM's through Stratics were sent to a number of Devs a couple months ago, which was a request for your help. We have been quietly awaiting some word from you guys about what you are willing to do to help our shard.

The response from you has been deafeningly silent.

We need a response... Some form of communication, about whats in store for our shard. It will not survive in its current state, but we believe the proposed changes could revive what could again, be an awesome place to play the game we all love! Siege is, afterall, the last opportunity that EA has to retain paying customers who have become bored or want something different than their current shards have to offer. We are also the first stop for those who come back to UO after years of absence, which offers another opportunity for EA to retain yet even more paying subscribers. We have a healthy economy that hasn't been affected by duping and tons of scripters. We have the perfect risk vs reward setup and the current proposed changes will only enhance that aspect.

There are many great qualities about our shard, but we do, at this point in time need some love from our Dev Team! Bring us current with today's game and please help our shard to flourish again. There really is no other place or game we want to play.

This is exactly what will happen to a classic server, the newness will wear off adn it will flounder. Seige is teh last stop for those itred of prodo shards, but it still manages not to hold the gleam that it once did. I appologize that you seigers feel left out and if you guys choose to move on then so be it. I tried it and i thought it sucked personally, i did not enjoy that my newb who skill gains were not fun, was slaughtered, you guys scream taht you want new blood but my newby within 5 minutes of being created was killed and dry looted by a perticular guild. You scream new players but do not welcome them wiht open arms insted take teh newb weps and items tehy have once that is gone there is NO way to train up to be competative. You guys should look into those who try it and are chased away by scrolled out charactors harassing the newbs there. I have 1 weappon taht is the one item blessed but beyond that everything that i acquired was taken, i do not feel compelled to play where one is not welcomed, and the welcome to the shard is by seeing monochrome and speaking ooOOooOo

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is exactly what will happen to a classic server, the newness will wear off adn it will flounder. Seige is teh last stop for those itred of prodo shards, but it still manages not to hold the gleam that it once did. I appologize that you seigers feel left out and if you guys choose to move on then so be it. I tried it and i thought it sucked personally, i did not enjoy that my newb who skill gains were not fun, was slaughtered, you guys scream taht you want new blood but my newby within 5 minutes of being created was killed and dry looted by a perticular guild. You scream new players but do not welcome them wiht open arms insted take teh newb weps and items tehy have once that is gone there is NO way to train up to be competative. You guys should look into those who try it and are chased away by scrolled out charactors harassing the newbs there. I have 1 weappon taht is the one item blessed but beyond that everything that i acquired was taken, i do not feel compelled to play where one is not welcomed, and the welcome to the shard is by seeing monochrome and speaking ooOOooOo
We actually do have a guild that welcomes NEW players with open arms, it's called NEW, great group of players helping out the people new to the shard. The "NEW" guild tag also offers a little protection from some PKs. There are also other players that will give new players a special Siege welcome. Just bad luck that you ran into the latter type. I made it 5 days on Siege before getting my special welcome. If I had not been welcomed like that, I honestly think I would have given up on Siege and went back to Atl.

L

longshanks

I really think the biggest key to re invigorating your shard lies in 3 areas.

- allow some sort of housing on seige for people that have housing on prodo shards. bank boxes overflow quickly.

- get rid of faction arties. this totally ruins the claim about gm armor being useful and puts players new to seige at a severe disadvantage.

-allow for people to transfer trained out chars to seige from other shards, only they must come naked. Of course you can still ROT train if you desire, but this brings added income to EA through transfer tokens. EA could even hand out a temp transfer token, bound to the account for a 1 time try out seige campaign.

To the current player base of gung ho seiger's. Sometimes you all need to look in the mirror at your own actions and wonder if its the cause of why people don't want to move there... just saying.

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yo Devs...please listen up!

You have let so many things from prodo spill over onto Siege, how about one more thing...

One way ticket...cross shard!!!

Kat and many others put alot of effort in polling the Siege Community and asked you (devs) for a few small changes, with the notes from the new publish it seems that the request has fallen on deaf ears (go figure).

As you have killed the shard...at least us leave!

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I do not play on Siege, I do support this thread and believe the Siege ruleset should be updated some just like regular shards.

Keep in mind guys that the dev team seems to take things in small groups now, making big changes to small areas with every publish, just wait your turn and I am sure they will give Siege some love.

C

Czernobog

Sorry your intro. to Seige was this way. However, mine was not. Immediately I had several people go out of their way to help me get started on Siege. Somone gave me money to place a house and i've been provided with plenty of armor to re supply myself upon death. I havn't been killed yet. Consider adding hiding to your temp while your training your skills to help you stay alive. Reward should not come without risk, and thats what a prodo shard is. Also i've been given items to sell to help me have the gold to raise my skills. I'm not saying everyone should be given things to get started but to say the community is against you is wrong. I played prodo shard for a year before making the switch, and i can't even consider going back. Seige is the only place on UO for me. To see it die will be the end of my newly restored UO Life. :sad3:

Siege need help, and we, the players on Siege, deserve a chance to keep our beloved shard.

E

Evlar

I fully support any improvement that can be made to Siege, but you all know my feelings about offering a classic option as well. I truly do want to see both options get attention and prosper.

Were it not for many of the points raised by Siege players whilst seeking internal and external opinion, not only would I be playing Siege now, but likely I would have been for some number of years. The only other down-side personally, is my connection to the server. That wouldn't essentially stop me from playing non-combat characters though.

No I don't like AoS, but for simple differences like the number of character slots, I could probably live with AoS for the single facet ruleset. I'm no great PvP'er, I participate as and when I can. Simple as that. I've never been against PvP, which is one of the reasons I yearn for the more "open" world that classic UO offered. It's one of the reasons others have mentioned here, that Siege is a last stop for players fed up of production shards, or many old timers (generally pre-Tram players) coming back.

The biggest dilemma for UO as a whole however, even with completely separate shards such as Siege and hopefully classic, is that much of the general player base is so dead (no pun intended) against any form of PvP (or what they view as "forced" PvP ruleset), we're almost like outcasts if we rear our heads.

The sad thing is, for the majority of us who either play Siege or wish for a classic shard, PvP generally is but a small part of what we want to do. We are more into the broader and deeper community spirit, engendered by the tougher environment in which we want to play.

That's something that those so vehemently against anything offering PvP content, will perhaps never understand, or even attempt to understand.

A great shame indeed, for the bigger picture of UO.

U

UoBaal

I played in siege Perilous Shard, but the ping is horrible for Spain (Western Europe)

I know many players that do not play there for this problem.

would be a dream for me to play there with acceptable ping.

Anyway, I support the best server of Ultima Online!!

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I loved playing on Siege and didn't mind RoT at all but the mindless addition of AoS to the shard really was a hammer blow to the population.

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I played in siege Perilous Shard, but the ping is horrible for Spain (Western Europe)

I play in Europe, and its not that bad. Obviously my connection is best to Europa, but I've never had real problems on Siege.

Part of this I feel is the speed of my connection. Plus I only run the classic client.

S

slaveone

Gee i wonder why that would be?!?!? And people are whining over wanting a "classic" shard which would be on life support from day 1. Some people never learn. Siege was a bad idea to begin with i hate to say it but SHUT HER DOWN if it truely is on life support. The tiny DEV team left with UO hardly has the time to focus on "REAL" shard issues let alone all these different ruleset shards. They never should have made ANY seperate ruleset shards in the first place and this is exactly why a "classic" shard SHOULD NEVER EVER be made!!!

E

Evlar

I play in Europe, and its not that bad. Obviously my connection is best to Europa, but I've never had real problems on Siege.

Part of this I feel is the speed of my connection. Plus I only run the classic client.
Depends where you are really. Spain is a bit hit and miss with good internet connections. Towns and cities you're usually ok, depending on the ISP. Rural Spain, ewww... best I get to US servers is 400ms to Great Lakes using a 3G mobile connection. Europa on that connection, I'm 100ms or less, which is fine for PvP, well, for me at least.

My other connection is satellite... don't even go there when it comes to ping times :sad3:

Anyhow, if people think they have a problems with EA... they want to try dealing with Telefonica in Spain... rolleyes:

E

Evlar

Gee i wonder why that would be?!?!? And people are whining over wanting a "classic" shard which would be on life support from day 1. Some people never learn. Siege was a bad idea to begin with i hate to say it but SHUT HER DOWN if it truely is on life support. The tiny DEV team left with UO hardly has the time to focus on "REAL" shard issues let alone all these different ruleset shards. They never should have made ANY seperate ruleset shards in the first place and this is exactly why a "classic" shard SHOULD NEVER EVER be made!!!
Cool. Another "sod anyone else, I've got what I want" post. Way to go! Hope you're proud and feel all warm inside.

Siege was a good idea, just poorly executed and neglected perhaps. If your logic is applied, then I can think of several production shards with low populations who could be referred to as on "life support".

You obviously have no regard for "community", if you did, you would realise that what Siege might by lacking in quantity, it's certainly not lacking in quality, where community is regarded. Same can be said of some of the other low population shards.

If they use your "logic", they might as well close the game.

S

slaveone

Way to go! Hope you're proud and feel all warm inside.
Yep i'm all warm and fuzzed up you got me!! Cause i'm all about ME ME ME. Except that i'm not the one here begging for classic shards or demanding siege updates. But seriously i'm specifically talking about shutting down siege and my comment was in relation to the fact that siege is on life support due to the fact that it's a sepereate ruleset most just "DON'T" like or want to participate in. With the exception of the small minority that wants to relive their 14year old glory days of griefing.

My argument to SHUT HER DOWN was not due to the obviously low numbers of people who actually play it which "could" very well be another reason to shut it down. I'm mainly against any shard with seperate rulesets as it creates unneeded hassles for a paper thin DEV team whose main priorities should be focusing on production shards as they are the only shards with any meaningful playerbase left. That would be the shards that actually keep this game alive. This whole ******** notion that Siege in any way shape or form keeps UO alive is totally crazy and is a card that would only be played by a die hard sieger who's obviously mad they can't get their 14 year old grief fix anymore cause no one wants to play a grief fest ass backwards shard. I coulda told the devs that from day 1 and i am telling them that when it comes to a classic shard.

When in doubt if the shard has any rules other than standard Production shards FORGET IT!

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

First, let me say, I have a character on Siege, but have not played there in a while.

Secondly, let me say that Kelmo is 100% correct. This thread, and any other threads about Siege have just as much right to be left open, discussed, and not trolled, as any Classic Shard thread...or any other thread for that matter.

Thirdly, I would like the moderators to prevent this thread from become a 'Classic Shard' vs. 'Siege' thread. At this point in time, Siege is only shares open PvP in common with what most Classic Shard fans expect/want out of a Classic Shard, so the two are not comparable, and they are not in competition with one another.

Siege players are paying customers just like anyone else...and their voices deserve to be heard loud and clear.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

This whole ******** notion that Siege in any way shape or form keeps UO alive is totally crazy and is a card that would only be played by a die hard sieger who's obviously mad they can't get their 14 year old grief fix anymore cause no one wants to play a grief fest ass backwards shard. I coulda told the devs that from day 1 and i am telling them that when it comes to a classic shard.
What is "how much stupid s**t can someone cram into one post" Alex?

Next I'll take "Why Cheating is Ok" for 1000.

E

Evlar

Yep i'm all warm and fuzzed up you got me!! Cause i'm all about ME ME ME. Except that i'm not the one here begging for classic shards or demanding siege updates. But seriously i'm specifically talking about shutting down siege and my comment was in relation to the fact that siege is on life support due to the fact that it's a sepereate ruleset most just "DON'T" like or want to participate in. With the exception of the small minority that wants to relive their 14year old glory days of griefing.

My argument to SHUT HER DOWN was not due to the obviously low numbers of people who actually play it which "could" very well be another reason to shut it down. I'm mainly against any shard with seperate rulesets as it creates unneeded hassles for a paper thin DEV team whose main priorities should be focusing on production shards as they are the only shards with any meaningful playerbase left. That would be the shards that actually keep this game alive. This whole ******** notion that Siege in any way shape or form keeps UO alive is totally crazy and is a card that would only be played by a die hard sieger who's obviously mad they can't get their 14 year old grief fix anymore cause no one wants to play a grief fest ass backwards shard. I coulda told the devs that from day 1 and i am telling them that when it comes to a classic shard.

When in doubt if the shard has any rules other than standard Production shards FORGET IT!
Yep, thanks for confirming you're a selfish a$$ who can't see past the end of their own nose :)

You might be interested to know, that Siege has the least griefing, scripting, cheating of any shard. Siege also has some of the longest subscribed and most loyal players of UO.

It's fully deserving of the dev's attention, just as much as any of the production shards, because you know what, they pay the same subscription fee, plus because of the restriction of one character per account, the majority of players there have multiple accounts. Perhaps the average Siege player pays for more individual accounts than the average production shard player. Many of them also play on the regular shards.

It's the single minded selfishness of individuals like yourself that's killing this game, not the loyalty of long-standing players such as those on Siege, nor those after a classic option, who have also paid their dues.

Your ignorance clearly demonstrates what little you know of the subject at hand, whilst your selfishness serves little else than to amplify your stupidity and shallowness of forethought. You do realise, that you're actually supporting the concept that anything you don't like, should be removed or shut down, thus forcing yet more players to stop subscribing and quit the game, therefore no longer contributing financially towards what you like?

Nope... didn't think your short sightedness would let you see that far ahead...

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got that backwards.
Spend more time and effort on the one that is already there and established. It's much simpler to do.
One's 15% broken, the other doesn't even exist.
Uh... I think you misread. I was encouraging Mythic to give time to Siege, not to a Classic Shard.

U

UoBaal

Depends where you are really. Spain is a bit hit and miss with good internet connections. Towns and cities you're usually ok, depending on the ISP. Rural Spain, ewww... best I get to US servers is 400ms to Great Lakes using a 3G mobile connection. Europa on that connection, I'm 100ms or less, which is fine for PvP, well, for me at least.

My other connection is satellite... don't even go there when it comes to ping times :sad3:

Anyhow, if people think they have a problems with EA... they want to try dealing with Telefonica in Spain... rolleyes:

I have 12mb/500k (is not bad conecction) and 180-195 ping on Siege.. it is much for me in pvp shard i think...

I wish could play better ping with siege rules, but i cant.

E

Evlar

Stayin Alive,

BG
Oooh oooh oooh oooh...

Stayin' aaaaaliiiiiiiiiieeeeiiiiiiiiieeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiivvvvve!
I think you'll like this better ;)

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wpEkugItKQI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wpEkugItKQI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a note to our Dev Team: If you need a copy of the PM with the proposed changes, I will be happy to supply it. I simply didn't post it because I didn't want this thread to turn into a "what I think is best for Siege" type of thread.

We also welcome some discussion on the issue, either here or in the Siege Stratics forum. If you have additional ideas, we'd love to hear them. Just understand that whatever happens, we don't have a lot of time. We aren't kidding or exaggerating about the state of the shard. There are very few folks logging in. There is no PvP to be found, not many players to be found at all no matter whether its the middle of the day or US prime time... its pretty dead. If your tenacious enough, you may wander into the depths of the Abyss and find a lone PvMer, or someone at a moongate. Most have moved on to other games, other "versions" of UO and some have simply lost interest because the shard is dead. Those of us hanging on are doing so out of love we have for the shard and our community. Even so, a good number of us [which isn't many] are considering our options, but make no mistake... Siege is where we want to play.

We need quick action! We desperately need your help... and a response.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
siege really does need help the population has dropped real bad we need a way to brin more poeple to siege

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Reasons why I don't play siege,

1 char limit....

I can't have a house there I'd have to lose one on my "real" shard...

Too big of a PITA to gain skills...

I already have a home and I feel playing on another shard is a waste of my time and energy.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Siege is not everyone's cup of tea. *tips hat*

Status
Not open for further replies.