• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Attn Devs: Siege Needs Your Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
If you do not play Siege, please get your post counts some where else. If you want to play Siege, I will help you. Most every one else will too. This is the one and only active Siege thead at the moment.

We are into the weekend with out any love...

I take a dim view of the Siege haters in this thread.

Yes, I am a Mod. Damn good thing I can seperate my personal feelings from what is posted here.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't mind paying for and hosting a 18x18 guild house for a few people who would like to come to siege, as well as providing at least a few sets of decent equipment. *

Join up, go through shalimar and join NEW while you're starting out. (shalimar should know how to get a hold of me, I use the same username on the NEW forums) Consider it pledged, we need fresh blood, and unfortunately most people talk about siege on other boards/shards as if it was some pure PVP server, which scares people off who want to do other things. (It's not, a good portion of the community doesn't pvp at all)

* not responsible for lost or stolen items

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I support siege!!!

Drunk from my iPhone

Could I really do any more....

Geez

seacrest out

woot !!

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Hey Kelmo...I will be on Siege tonight! I have to get my little one and her friend that is staying over to go to sleep, but after that, I will be around.

Name, or course, is Morgana LeFay.

Also, to all the people that want to PK me...here is your big chance! :)

(of course, my character is a total newb there, so you won't get much)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Hush Rico... You were a legend. Still a legend in my mind. You are retired. You brought me to Siege. I was a nobody back then. No one cared what I thought.

Seriously, Rico. I was a wall flower. You brought me to Siege. You and Freja.(crap I can never remember how to spell her name) Remember?

You brought me here. You said I could make my mark on the shard. I did.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As Siege is currently surviving on life support.

We need new players and we need the help of you, our Dev Team!

We have polled potential new Siege players about what prevents them from trying Siege. We have also polled the current Siege community about the very changes those players suggested. What we have realized is that, although the concept and original rules of Siege were awesome, they are no longer viable in today's game. In response to that realization and our "research", an email and PM's through Stratics were sent to a number of Devs a couple months ago, which was a request for your help. We have been quietly awaiting some word from you guys about what you are willing to do to help our shard.

The response from you has been deafeningly silent.

We need a response... Some form of communication, about whats in store for our shard. It will not survive in its current state, but we believe the proposed changes could revive what could again, be an awesome place to play the game we all love! Siege is, afterall, the last opportunity that EA has to retain paying customers who have become bored or want something different than their current shards have to offer. We are also the first stop for those who come back to UO after years of absence, which offers another opportunity for EA to retain yet even more paying subscribers. We have a healthy economy that hasn't been affected by duping and tons of scripters. We have the perfect risk vs reward setup and the current proposed changes will only enhance that aspect.

There are many great qualities about our shard, but we do, at this point in time need some love from our Dev Team! Bring us current with today's game and please help our shard to flourish again. There really is no other place or game we want to play.

We are anxiously awaiting your response!
It has been years, almost a decade I bet since I tried seige. I am not sure if things are the same, but this was my turn offs at the time.

1. Only 1 character
2. You couldn't sell anything to NPC's
3. No one wanted to buy stuff from a new player
4. little or no support from other players if you are a stranger.
5. Very empty towns

The biggest issue for me of course was #1. With only one account there was dire need of a crafter.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has been years, almost a decade I bet since I tried seige. I am not sure if things are the same, but this was my turn offs at the time.

1. Only 1 character
2. You couldn't sell anything to NPC's
3. No one wanted to buy stuff from a new player
4. little or no support from other players if you are a stranger.
5. Very empty towns

The biggest issue for me of course was #1. With only one account there was dire need of a crafter.

1. We are trying our hardest to change!
2. You still cannot sell to NPC's, but you can buy from them.
3. Isn't the case at all! There are far more lazy vets who would rather buy cloth, arrows, bolts, leather from anyone willing to sell it, than farm it themselves. Some of us will buy it even if we don't need it, just to help ya out. Siege is a little different. We buy/sell on the forums a lot more than other shards.
4. Is DEFINITELY not the case! We have a guild specifically for new players called NEW, that will guild you for your first 30 days. They will supply you with basic equipment, scrolls, a guildhouse and training advice.

-Most players will jump at the chance to offer assistance when they run across you in game.
-Global chat [use General chat on Siege] makes that even easier to get quick help or advice!

5. Is quite true. Siegers are typically not bank sitters. We do our business in town and then get back to playing, though you may find a few folks here and there, but typically not for long.

Crafters are also handy to have, but not necessary! There are a number of Crafters that are quite willing to make anything you need. Just ask in General chat and if someone is available, they'll be happy to help. :)

For anyone wishing to try Siege, now is the time you can avoid a lot of PKing and such. Numbers are low, but we are still around and hanging in there! With any luck, our Dev Team with come through for us!

*Hoping and praying they will*

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I was just on SP in Trinsic, and met someone within 10 minutes. You can't say the same on Atlantic.

Also, I found out that my beach (the spot my first houses on Atlantic were on) is totally empty on Siege!!

Very cool! I wish I could place a house there without it dropping my Guild Tower on Atl :(

It's pretty fun being a total newb again. Taming horses and pigs :) I almost died to a harpy :lol:

I need someone to hook me up with some armor and a spellbook! :)

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was just on SP in Trinsic, and met someone within 10 minutes. You can't say the same on Atlantic.

Also, I found out that my beach (the spot my first houses on Atlantic were on) is totally empty on Siege!!

Very cool! I wish I could place a house there without it dropping my Guild Tower on Atl :(

It's pretty fun being a total newb again. Taming horses and pigs :) I almost died to a harpy :lol:

I need someone to hook me up with some armor and a spellbook! :)
Gotcha covered, Morgana! Hop in General chat and look for Goldie Pawn.

H

HaHa

Horse pucky!

Siege players dont want "production" players. Siege players seem to think they are elite! And yes I do have a couple chars there that will never see the light of day ever again.

Actually Siege players want the elite of the prodo shards, not the whiney asses that get killed one time, flip out screaming they are never coming back, and the ones who just have no clue about a damn thing in the game.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually Siege players want the elite of the prodo shards, not the whiney asses that get killed one time, flip out screaming they are never coming back, and the ones who just have no clue about a damn thing in the game.
LOL I cried the first time I was killed on Siege [within my first 5 minutes!], logged out, vowed never to return, logged back in 5 minutes later and yall let me stay... So far. :)

Five years ago this month, baby! :thumbup1:

E

Evlar

I would come to Siege right now, but unfortunately I'm reliant mainly on a Satellite internet connection, as my 3G is on the blink again. (Joys of rural Spain ;) )

I could create a character called "Stop Motion Man", as that's what he'll look like to the rest of you :D

If I get the 3G conn sorted out, I'll see if I can get a crafter/gatherer started. My latency will be anywhere between 400-600ms on average, but that's not really a problem for a non-PvP template.

I'll give it a try around midnight tonight central European time, but will let you know either way if I'm successful or not.

U

UoBaal

I would come to Siege right now, but unfortunately I'm reliant mainly on a Satellite internet connection, as my 3G is on the blink again. (Joys of rural Spain ;) )

I could create a character called "Stop Motion Man", as that's what he'll look like to the rest of you :D

If I get the 3G conn sorted out, I'll see if I can get a crafter/gatherer started. My latency will be anywhere between 400-600ms on average, but that's not really a problem for a non-PvP template.

I'll give it a try around midnight tonight central European time, but will let you know either way if I'm successful or not.

Hi Evlar

My connection is currently the best in Spain.. and repeat.. i cant play decently with more of 200ms..

I have two finished characters: Bard/Tamer and Archer Bushido (legend both) but is very difficult playing decently there..

I Wish that siege still alive and put another server in western europe for a better ping and time zone :)

Siege Forever.

E

Evlar

UoBaal - I can only dream of 200ms or below to the North American servers from my part of Spain. Rural Andalucia!

I think there's two hopes of getting a Siege or Classic server based in Europe... Bob Hope and no hope... and Bob Hope died a few years back. :(

Back on core topic though, I must say that I'm of mixed feelings with regards to the lack of feedback in this thread from any of the development team members. On the one hand, it could be viewed that they might be waiting until they can make a concrete committment. On the other hand, it could signal a lack of real interest in something not perhaps considered a "mainstream" part of the current UO.

At least in the original "classic" thread, there were a couple of comments from Cal. One was perhaps taken out of context, whilst the other seemed to indicate that they're monitoring progress of discussion, albeit without (being able?) committing to anything.

I really do try to remain positive, though I'm becoming increasingly sceptical. If at least one of the devs could have the courtesy to comment in some way, it would go a very long way to reassuring an important part of the UO community, that you do still have their interests in mind.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all, I applaud Kat for picking up the torch and trying to get the Developer's attention. Thank you :)

About a year ago, myself and a couple of other prominent Siegers sent letters by mail to Cal via Certified Mail. We know they were received. Amongst the information were the suggestions that were bantered about on the Siege board at that time for improving our shard. Including asking for some support for a Siege 10th Anniversary that was happening last year.

We got squat. Cal passed our concerns on to Messana who responded by rehiring the EM that had disappeared on us earlier in the year and who didn't do anything before disappearing on us yet again within the month.

The rest of our requests regarding changes to RoT, a Siege/Mugen TC, and other things that could have improved our shard BEFORE so many vets packed it in and quit were ignored.

I am not surprised to hear nothing from the Development team about our requests. I have long given up the fight for them to do anything.

While I'm glad that some of you have decided to come and give Siege a shot, it wasn't the original intention of this thread. I applaud Kat for trying to get the Developer's attention once again. Best of luck, because I don't think they give a damn.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I have a couple of suggestions for Siege. These may not be popular, but here goes:

One of the things people complain about with Siege is that it is too difficult. Without a major change in the rules (NPCs will buy from players, etc)...what if all artifact drops were increased by 4-5 times what they are now? Don't boo and hiss yet, here me out...

...Siege has no insurance, so these artifacts get looted from time to time. If they were more common, a lot more common, it would mean that losing them wouldn't be the end of the world. Sure, it would still be a pain in the arse to have to replace what you lost...but not so much so that it would be impossible.

Also, there is a barrier to entry on Siege. The existing population is well established, so if you come to play there, you have to start at the bottom and work your way up...and with RoT, that takes some serious time! Why not start new Siege players with a FREE advanced character token. It doesn't start the new player out at GM level or anything, but it avoids all the working up of skills at a snails pace...stats moreso than skills really. Since the player cannot transfer off the shard with the token, it would have no monetary value, and it couldn't be traded or sold...what would be the point, anyone could get one by starting a new character.

These are just two ideas I have...I will post more later.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Morgana...these are legit concerns. I had them myself when I first came to siege, especially since I am not a PvPer and such. I think it boils down to having a different mindset. Most of us do not use artifacts. Faction folks have thier gear, but a lot of folk use the new imbued items only. There is a dependance on community economy and that is part of what makes us, as you say, established as a community. We need each other since we cant sell to NPCs.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

We have polled potential new Siege players about what prevents them from trying Siege. We have also polled the current Siege community about the very changes those players suggested. What we have realized is that, although the concept and original rules of Siege were awesome, they are no longer viable in today's game. In response to that realization and our "research", an email and PM's through Stratics were sent to a number of Devs a couple months ago, which was a request for your help. We have been quietly awaiting some word from you guys about what you are willing to do to help our shard.

We need a response... Some form of communication, about whats in store for our shard. It will not survive in its current state, but we believe the proposed changes could revive what could again, be an awesome place to play the game we all love! Siege is, afterall, the last opportunity that EA has to retain paying customers who have become bored or want something different than their current shards have to offer. We are also the first stop for those who come back to UO after years of absence, which offers another opportunity for EA to retain yet even more paying subscribers. We have a healthy economy that hasn't been affected by duping and tons of scripters. We have the perfect risk vs reward setup and the current proposed changes will only enhance that aspect.

There are many great qualities about our shard, but we do, at this point in time need some love from our Dev Team! Bring us current with today's game and please help our shard to flourish again. There really is no other place or game we want to play.

Best Solution?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drQlSptFXXI

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a couple of suggestions for Siege. These may not be popular, but here goes:

One of the things people complain about with Siege is that it is too difficult. Without a major change in the rules (NPCs will buy from players, etc)...what if all artifact drops were increased by 4-5 times what they are now? Don't boo and hiss yet, here me out...

...Siege has no insurance, so these artifacts get looted from time to time. If they were more common, a lot more common, it would mean that losing them wouldn't be the end of the world. Sure, it would still be a pain in the arse to have to replace what you lost...but not so much so that it would be impossible.
This has been discussed and was included in the Email/PM's that went out to the dev team. Increased drops of Doom Artifacts, Marties, Tokuno Majors, Cursed Artifacts and Replicas would go a long long way to reviving the shard and PvP [which is currently almost non-existent]. The cost to replace a decent to high end suit on Siege is currently ranges from several hundred thousand to about 2 mil. Its no wonder folks retreat to their homes or guardzones when it gets too hot in the kitchen!

The cost to equip has to be brought back into check, since we do not have insurance. Considering that Prodo players spend what... 5-10k per death? I think its reasonable to have arties dropping at a higher rate on Siege.

I think non-factioners would appreciate it as well.

Also, there is a barrier to entry on Siege. The existing population is well established, so if you come to play there, you have to start at the bottom and work your way up...and with RoT, that takes some serious time! Why not start new Siege players with a FREE advanced character token. It doesn't start the new player out at GM level or anything, but it avoids all the working up of skills at a snails pace...stats moreso than skills really. Since the player cannot transfer off the shard with the token, it would have no monetary value, and it couldn't be traded or sold...what would be the point, anyone could get one by starting a new character.

These are just two ideas I have...I will post more later.
I wouldn't object to that, but cannot speak for the rest of the shard. We have, however, agreed upon the addition of T2A Blackrock Skill Gain Areas and adjustments to RoT timers and Daily Gain Caps.

We're really really hoping to hear from the devs sometime this week! If they aren't happy with our ideas, perhaps they would be willing to poll us about some of their ideas!

PS.. I have some goodies for ya on Siege. Yell in General chat!

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Take a hike, Nexus. You are a crap-ass troll. rolleyes:
No actually I made an informed opinion, I've played Siege, and did so up until recently. I know how the system there works. Face it with AoS equipment, and all the stuff that came since coupled with RoT, they would be better off pulling the plug and using the hardware for something that at least would have a large enough base of regularly playing people to justify the maintenance costs.

People keep wanting a Classic Shard, I'm not against that idea, Siege isn't that, and the hardware would be put to use for something productive....

One thing the Siege players are going to have to wake up and accept is, Siege players are not some elitist group, Seige isn't UO on Hard Mode, if anything it's easier skills while taking longer to raise are overall easier to work, and the lack of population makes PvM easier you know since there's less chance of other people getting in the way...

PvP on Siege Sucks harder than on Prodo, there it's just Luna.... At least on Prodo you can count on a Raid at a spawn most the time, face it Siege is coming to the end of it's life cycle...Best thing to do instead of letting it die a slow grueling death is to pull the plug.

*** After Thought ***

You do know the shard economy there as a reason to play doesn't really hold water right?

Look at it this way I build a suit on Prodo, or buy 50, 100, 200 suits on Siege over it's life time.... that 50k per suit works out to what 2.5 to 10 mil? yea I don't think I've ever spent near that for a good suit on Prodo.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

This has been discussed and was included in the Email/PM's that went out to the dev team. Increased drops of Doom Artifacts, Marties, Tokuno Majors, Cursed Artifacts and Replicas would go a long long way to reviving the shard and PvP [which is currently almost non-existent]. The cost to replace a decent to high end suit on Siege is currently ranges from several hundred thousand to about 2 mil. Its no wonder folks retreat to their homes or guardzones when it gets too hot in the kitchen!

The cost to equip has to be brought back into check, since we do not have insurance. Considering that Prodo players spend what... 5-10k per death? I think its reasonable to have arties dropping at a higher rate on Siege.

I think non-factioners would appreciate it as well.
I agree. As someone who just started on Siege, I can say...it's kind of novel being a newb again, but that is going to wear off really fast :) Having nothing, when everyone else on the shard is loaded would make most people not even want to bother to try...especially considering the NPCs not buying anything rule.

By making artifacts common, it creates more of a sandbox environment where everything is not driven by items. Before anyone accuses me of trying to make Siege into something it isn't (classic UO)...remember, I didn't cause the population of Siege to drop...I am just throwing out ideas here.

In my mind, Siege should be THE PvP shard...but it's not. That should be fixed. People that enjoy the current game, that also enjoy PvP, should be flocking to Siege...but they aren't. Why? I think it has to do with this very issue. If you PvP on Siege, losing your gear is tough due to the item-based nature of the game now.

By making arties, marties, and everything else like that far more common, it helps imbuing because items to unravel are easier to come by, and it helps to round out your gear at much, much lower cost.

I wouldn't object to that, but cannot speak for the rest of the shard. We have, however, agreed upon the addition of T2A Blackrock Skill Gain Areas and adjustments to RoT timers and Daily Gain Caps.

We're really really hoping to hear from the devs sometime this week! If they aren't happy with our ideas, perhaps they would be willing to poll us about some of their ideas!

PS.. I have some goodies for ya on Siege. Yell in General chat!
I think RoT should probably be dropped, but I understand why some people would want to keep it. But working up skills from 50-85 sucks. Adding free advanced character tokens would just move new players up to the point that RoT would make a difference. The gains come at pretty much the regular rate at low levels, right? (I can't claim to be an expert on RoT)

Again, just trying to think outside the box a little.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morgana - You are spot on with the increased arty drop and the reasons for it! As for the RoT issue, I think most Siegers are probably at the point of accepting quite a few changes, because as it stands, we've got 3 feet in the grave here. However, most players feel that RoT keeps the "leet kiddies" at bay. Those types typically don't have the time or inclination to put in that much time. We do have a few of those types, but they are the minority for certain.

This may well be the old school of thought, but there it is. Anyway, for those who know how to work skill, getting TO RoT... piece of cake! Its the RoT [70-120] that is time consuming and tedious.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Its the RoT [70-120] that is time consuming and tedious.
Oh...great! My taming is 56.4 :)

But hey, on the upside, I know Cal won't let 'em pull the plug until I GM taming.

Right Cal? :cheerleader:

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its the RoT [70-120] that is time consuming and tedious.
Oh...great! My taming is 56.4 :)

But hey, on the upside, I know Cal won't let 'em pull the plug until I GM taming.

Right Cal? :cheerleader:
Actually, IMO, RoT is great for taming. I never was much on chasing and taming 100 bulls for .01 gain. With RoT all you have to do is set up camp somewhere, tame, gain, come back and tame something again when the timer goes off! Rinse, repeat... not much chasing and frustration involved.

Also... Anyone in RoT might find this timer a handy little assistant that will remind you to get your gain at the right time! Just scroll down the page and dl the Egg Timer. Its just a timer program that can be used for anything and doesn't interfere with UO at all. I even use it when I'm baking or cooking supper to keep me from forgetting to check on it. [Yes, I am that addicted to UO!] :)

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morgana,

Training taming has got the be the most difficult skill in the game. I trained a tamer from 50 and I was cursing every day until I hit ROT. Once you hit ROT with taming, you are going to be loving it.

Every other skill I've ever trained on my four characters there has been easy and used far less resources than doing the same one on a prodo shard. Frankly, I'd take ROT any day for a resource intensive skill like cartography, or alchemy.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I played in siege Perilous Shard, but the ping is horrible for Spain (Western Europe)

I know many players that do not play there for this problem.

would be a dream for me to play there with acceptable ping.

Anyway, I support the best server of Ultima Online!!
Same here..

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Morgana,

Training taming has got the be the most difficult skill in the game.
Oh, I know, I am a Legendary tamer on Atl on one character, and elder on another. I am no stranger to taming :)

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

People whine for a classic server, but the closest thing to do it right now is Siege, which no one plays... :(
I am playing on Siege...and I "whine" for a Classic Sever.

(btw...why is it that we "whine" and other people "complain"...for example, about things they lost in a revert??)

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morgana, I would agree to your suggestions. Many players on Siege have been saying for a long time that arty drops should be increased to compensate for our lack of insurance.

I would also agree to the advanced char token. I remember a few years ago when advanced char tokens worked on Siege and if I am correct, we had a surge in population because of it. Or was it just vets jumping on the chance to quickly train a new char? I love ROT, especially for training craft skills, but I know not everyone wants to take so much time to train a char. At this point, if an advanced char token would bring ppl to siege, then I am ALL FOR IT. *puts on the fire-resistant suit and waits for the flames*

Luka- I tend to agree with you. The silence is deafening. I do not want a quick, thoughtless answer but at least something like "We hear your concerns" would be better than the silence. Where is the community rep? Do we even have one anymore? At the very least, he/she could make a post!!

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I can see why some people might not like the ACT idea. They put in the time, and got their characters developed, and it would feel like the devs were giving something to players that didn't earn it. Especially on Siege, I can see how that might be...distasteful.

However, I think it would help...some.

For anyone reading this thread that doesn't play Siege...let me tell you. They are not kidding. This shard is EMPTY. There are places to put houses EVERYWHERE.

If you are worried that coming to Siege will mean that the moment you step out of town that you will be PK'ed instantly...don't worry about that. There is no one around. It makes Fel on Atlantic look like Luna on at peak times.

I have been to all the old towns...and so far, over the last couple of days, I have only seen 2 people besides someone (Kat) that came to meet me.

Even Luna was empty.

Something really does need to be done for the players on this shard. I hope one of the devs will chime in, or at least let everyone know that something is being considered.

A couple of more ideas to boost the population on Siege:

- Make houses here not count against the 1 house per account rule.
- Allow players to build up to 3 houses. Player run towns here would really help.
- I know everyone might hate this...but turn on recall. The population is so spread out now that getting to where someone is can be a pain, and not everyone wants to invest the points in magery in the ONLY character they are going to have here.
- Add some unique content to this shard...especially to the original landmass. Some suggestions that come to mind: Special drops...perhaps items that were special event turn-ins, or even things that could be purchased on the code store. This will give players that always wanted a ________ a chance to be able to see what it is like before they buy it (and in the process...try Siege!)
- Put something other than factions in place. Isn't there something, anything, that you devs have wanted to try out concerning PvP that you are afraid to drop on prodo shards? Siege needs something to draw PvPers from the others shards...if it is more unique, it might just do that.

These are just ideas...I am just thinking out loud...I hope no one gets offended by my suggestions.

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG. I thought seige and mugen were the the classic shards many seem to want. I would hate for any shards to go away!

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

4 days and not one response from anyone "upstairs". Disappointing!

Can´t be that hard. If you have something positive to post, do it. If you have something negative to post, do it. Just post something. The Siege community needs to know where you guys stand.

A shard that has something else than the other 25ish shards to offer shouldn´t be neglected as it has been. We pay our fair share of subscriptions and deserve some attention...

Just Do It

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
4 days and not one response from anyone "upstairs". Disappointing!

Can´t be that hard. If you have something positive to post, do it. If you have something negative to post, do it. Just post something. The Siege community needs to know where you guys stand.

A shard that has something else than the other 25ish shards to offer shouldn´t be neglected as it has been. We pay our fair share of subscriptions and deserve some attention...
Ya if we dont get a answer by july 4th im closing my account down just like alot of people have been doing. Sooner or later it will cost them one of their jobs. This is pretty pitiful.

The really sad thing is that this is not one person ranting or raving this is a WHOLE shard asking for help and the devs continue to not even acknowledge we even exist.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Hey, guys...I am on your side...but seriously, this thread didn't pop until recently, and with Pub 66 recently being released, and all the backlash from it, I imagine that the devs have been a little busy.

I'm not making excuses for them...but I am urging everyone...just give them a little more time...at least a week.

I would bet that someone, Cal maybe, will respond tomorrow.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it wasn't for the enjoyment of playing on Siege I would have left UO years ago.

I have done the production shards..in fact after leaving Atlantic I must have xffered to about 4 or 5 shards before i decided to follow a buddy to Siege.

The community on Siege is still alive and kicking. Its funny...except for a couple of morons...even your enemies are decent people. Thats the advantage of a small population. You end up knowing everyone either through in game interaction or stratics pvp :)

Give Siege some love peeps...Siege is the natural end of the road for UO players. They come here burned out of the game and find the shard refreshing and similar to what the game was when they started playing...and end up staying a few more years.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Rico needs to come back though. :thumbup1:

(he owes me a sammich!)

O

Ole Cheapy

The house Kat is right, siege definitely need a lil attention from our devs. I suggest that a couple if not all of the devs play on our shard in their spare time of course to see first hand just how desperately we need their help. Siege should ALWAYS be about elite players and not who has the most money to purchase the best gear. Make our shard less item base by only allowing one bless item per toon and that also means tossing faction arties as well.

Siege used to get good players on the shard because they were resilient, had the desire to learn, and was stubborn enough to come back after repeat beatings the vets gave em! Thats how you end up with a community full of bad asses, by giving them a more challenging ruleset. This concept has been lost somewhere in between all the expansions and patches. Fix our shard just one time then turn off all future patches that will contradict the concept of Siege. I dunno about anyone else, but I personally would activate 3 accounts full time rather than the 1 account once every 3 months just to keep my house from falling while I wait on the miracle that my shard will get attention.

I'm not so much as asking for you devs to fix this and fix that etc. etc., all I'm asking is that you come play our shard with us for 1 month and I think you'll do what needs to be done. So please, just for the fact alone that most of us have been loyal customers for 10 plus years, show us just a lil of your appreciation and come join us on the best shard there is.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hey, guys...I am on your side...but seriously, this thread didn't pop until recently, and with Pub 66 recently being released, and all the backlash from it, I imagine that the devs have been a little busy.

I'm not making excuses for them...but I am urging everyone...just give them a little more time...at least a week.

It isn´t just about this thread, Morgana.

Bruin sent them the list of proposed changes almost two months ago and as far as I know he has heard nothing back from them. They have had plenty of time to look through the list to be able to come up with a reply.

We will wait some more though. It´s just that some kind of reply would be nice to know that they´ve at least read the list...

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It isn´t just about this thread, Morgana.

Bruin sent them the list of proposed changes almost two months ago and as far as I know he has heard nothing back from them. They have had plenty of time to look through the list to be able to come up with a reply.

We will wait some more though. It´s just that some kind of reply would be nice to know that they´ve at least read the list...
He is right. The email and PM's were sent to multiple devs and not one them even acknowleged it, much less give any feedback. C'mon Devs, I hate to be rude, but its time to poop or get off the pot.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got my cc billing over the weekend. Within it there were no charges upon it save for the following:

$34.99 x 1
$34.99 x 2
$34.99 x 3
$34.99 x 4

payable to EA games, and I could not help but ask myself,

for even one $34.99 let alone 4 x $34.99 for one customer, plus all the rest of us and our monthly, quarterly, etc. EA UO fees,
why will no one hear our pleas
for doing/trying to do, that which may need to be done for Siege Perilous, to enable us to
keep those cc charges to THEM, continue to be billed to us, whom play Siege and wish it to be saved, fixed, responded to, as their customers, so we CAN keep on keeping on, on Siege with them and UO ?

I didn't log in yesterday, frustrated I guess, at the sound of silence to our pleas, for me it has been $34.99 x 4 since 1998 with them, EA, on Chesapeake, and $34.99 mostly since 2004 on Siege Perilous. :confused::sad4:

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He is right. The email and PM's were sent to multiple devs and not one them even acknowleged it, much less give any feedback. C'mon Devs, I hate to be rude, but its time to poop or get off the pot.
You sound surprised. You've played on the shard long enough to know that Siege will not get help from the developers unless the fix can be used to equal out changes from the prodo shards that don't work on Siege.

It's always been that way, and nothing any of the players do will get it to change. Once you realize this, you'll get a lot less frustrated. Too bad soooo many of us don't get this through our skulls untill after we cancel our subscriptions...la

S

SLACK

Bravo to those of you posting proactive responses, too bad there have to be douchy trolls that just want to beat you down.
I haven't been on Siege much at all in the last year but I think this has inspired me to return and take over the whole shard.
You have been warned...............
PS keep fighting the good fight, surely EA will listen eventually, right!!!!????
*hears laughter in the background*

Status
Not open for further replies.