• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Artisan Festival Tree Statuses

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I included screenshots of all the shards with finished trees that already have the bag of gifts. I don't think the Asian shards will get theirs for another 2 or 3 hours, so I'll try to grab screen shots of those that are full finished trees and slot them in with the ones above. I tried to sequence them from most boxes to least boxes, although on some of them it was a little hard to tell. I'm guessing that the number of boxes has some relationship to the number of BOD points turned in. Maybe @Kyronix or @Bleak can confirm? Or maybe even tell us how many BOD points were actually turned in?
I pretend each box represents the toon that turned a BOD in.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Any BOD small oe large has the potential for a gift/gift box? Or the probability increases with more sbod/lbods turned in? You get the gift right away or later, and you turn in more bods till you get a gift/giftbox? ty for info..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any BOD small oe large has the potential for a gift/gift box? Or the probability increases with more sbod/lbods turned in? You get the gift right away or later, and you turn in more bods till you get a gift/giftbox? ty for info..
If the tree is finished give a small BOD to the elf with all your toons and each will get a gift.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I added to the post above screenshots of the finished trees on Asuka, Hokuto, Izumo, Mizuho, Sakura, Wakoku, and Yamato. I tried to order the screen shots by the fullness/density of the present spread, but who knows how accurate that ordering is!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Atlantic, Vesper got the elf and snow patch within the last 10 minutes (approximately 10:50 p.m. EST), but Atlantic still has the elf giving out gifts. On Sonoma and Siege, as of 11 p.m. EST, still an elf in Yew and nothing yet in Vesper.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
If the tree is finished give a small BOD to the elf with all your toons and each will get a gift.
I tried it in GL and it did not work. Probably I was too late? So you drop the completed BOD on the Elf, he tell you something and then you double click the big red gift bag and it says you do not qualify etc..? I suspect you have only so much time after the tree is complete to drop bod's and get gifts? Or you can only drop BOD's before the tree is complete, and when it finally is complete then you can click bag for gift?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tried it in GL and it did not work. Probably I was too late? So you drop the completed BOD on the Elf, he tell you something and then you double click the big red gift bag and it says you do not qualify etc..? I suspect you have only so much time after the tree is complete to drop bod's and get gifts? Or you can only drop BOD's before the tree is complete, and when it finally is complete then you can click bag for gift?
You have to give the elf a bod before the bag spawns. Go to the Vesper tree on GL, it will be finished by tomorrow afternoon. It is already to the large tree, sans star stage at the moment. (~1500 bank points or so and it will be done.)

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Can anyone tell me what date the Festival will start on Europa for Trinsic? We want to concentrate on one tree this year so we have a better chance to finish.

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Trinsic shuld beez da next town demz workin backwardz fum da city loyalty list. So dere tree beez up in uh few dayz. Get ready!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone tell me what date the Festival will start on Europa for Trinsic? We want to concentrate on one tree this year so we have a better chance to finish.
It should be sometime Friday afternoon/early evening for the North American shards, but don't know what it will be for Europa. Maybe Friday evening late or early Saturday morning in Europe?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Thank you, I'll just keep checking regularly! It would have been nice if they had put up a schedule, apparently the cool-down between Cities is not the same length of time as last year and I think it's best to start as soon as we can for the best chance of success! :D

Tildi Daintree

Adventurer
It would be absolutely awesome if players could chime in on this thread & give us an update on the Tree Status on their shard.
Hoping for replies.
P.S. My shard failed in Yew, only managing a Charlie Brown Tree.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You guys are impressive!
That's all on Destiny Moon and Shandara... I hate BODs. But I love Shandars and Destiny!

I know shortly after it popped Destiny got to work dropping bods and then she ran out of fulls and had to sleep so Shandara finished it off while a few of us watched, having never seen the tree hit the mark, it was really neat.

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
I have been burning the midnight oil on BOD filling and dropping on Atl and Catskills for the Vesper tree! As of 3 am Eastern time, both were still Charlie Brown trees.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's all on Destiny Moon and Shandara... I hate BODs. But I love Shandars and Destiny!

I know shortly after it popped Destiny got to work dropping bods and then she ran out of fulls and had to sleep so Shandara finished it off while a few of us watched, having never seen the tree hit the mark, it was really neat.
Does everyone that is there when the tree advances get to see the same message?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Does everyone that is there when the tree advances get to see the same message?
Yep. That was taken by me watching Earlhad... I'm guessing it appears over the Elf.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A late Day 2 update on the trees in Vesper (or Yew, in Mugen's case):

FINISHED TREES:
  1. Catskills
  2. Chesapeake
  3. Great Lakes
  4. Mugen (in Yew)

GIANT TREES WITH ORNAMENTS BUT NO STAR:
  1. Lake Superior

GIANT TREES WITH NO ORNAMENTS OR STAR:
  1. Atlantic
  2. Siege Perilous
  3. Sonoma
  4. Wakoku
  5. Yamato
SMALL TREES:
  1. Formosa
  2. Hokuto
  3. Pacific
  4. Sakura

CHARLIE BROWN TREES:
  1. Asuka
  2. Izumo
  3. Lake Austin
  4. Legends
  5. Mizuho
  6. Napa Valley

NO TREES:
  1. Arirang
  2. Baja
  3. Balhae
  4. Drachenfels
  5. Europa
  6. Oceania
  7. Origin

Some nice decorating by the Drachenfels EM:
drachenfels artisan festival tree 20171206.JPG

Mugen's finished tree, in Yew:
mugen artisan festival tree 20171206.JPG

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think some shards (Baja, Europa?) are going to concentrate their efforts on the trees in towns that don't have the festival yet. Would be helpful if maybe people could provide an upate on those situations so others can help out when the time comes to do those trees.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone been able to estimate yet how many banked points it takes to grow a tree to the finished state, with a star?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Mugen!
hahahahha, i have yet to ever see anyone on that shard so tip of the hat to whoever did up that tree!

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
OMG OMG Catskills has a finished tree! Thanks to Knights of Solamnia [K^S] guild for wacking them BODs on (I dropped about 30, so I know I cannot take any credit)!! Cheers!

:cheerleader::smooch:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Day 3 for the Vesper (Yew for Mugen) festival trees and here's how things stand as of about 9:30 a.m. EST:

FINISHED TREES:
  1. Catskills
  2. Chesapeake
  3. Great Lakes
  4. Izumo
  5. Mugen (in Fel Yew)
  6. Sonoma

GIANT TREES WITH ORNAMENTS BUT NO STAR:
  1. Lake Superior
  2. Siege Perilous
  3. Wakoku
  4. Yamato

GIANT TREES WITH NO ORNAMENTS OR STAR:
  1. Asuka
  2. Atlantic
  3. Formosa
  4. Sakura
SMALL TREES:
  1. Hokuto
  2. Mizuho
  3. Pacific

CHARLIE BROWN TREES:
  1. Lake Austin
  2. Legends
  3. Napa Valley

NO TREES:
  1. Arirang
  2. Baja
  3. Balhae
  4. Drachenfels
  5. Europa
  6. Oceania
  7. Origin

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone been able to estimate yet how many banked points it takes to grow a tree to the finished state, with a star?
Its 12k Banking Points until the last stage. Last year the last stage was 16k points. I guess this time it should be 12-13k. This would be 24-25k banking points in total.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm thinking that the elves at the Vesper trees will stop taking BODs shortly before 10 p.m. EST on the North American shards. Does that sound correct to anyone else? Any ideas on when the elves for the Vesper trees on Drachenfels, Europa, Oceania, and the Asian shards will stop taking BODs? Did they actually get their first elf at server up on what was December 2nd in their own time zones, so that they lagged behind the North American shards in starting the event? I'm kinda confused at this point on timing for the non-North American shards.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think some shards (Baja, Europa?) are going to concentrate their efforts on the trees in towns that don't have the festival yet. Would be helpful if maybe people could provide an upate on those situations so others can help out when the time comes to do those trees.
This is correct for Baja. Because we are a small shard we decided that there was no way we could sanely do all cities. To determine which cities to do, fairly, EM Obsidian placed ballot boxes at the EM Hall so we could all have a vote on which cities to focus on. The top vote city was Moonglow (I swear I cast only one vote and did not stuff the ballot box!:)) followed by Britain so those are the cities that we'll be doing.

@Mesanna, @Bleak, @Kyronix Tina did mention a potential issue with there not being enough days at the end for Britain to have a compete cycle assuming that all cities have enough gold in their coffers to have a tree. It would have to run into January for that to happen. It would be nice to have confirmation that, if all cities have enough gold and run the full city cycle, the event will be extended into January so Britain can have a completed tree and the donors will be able to collect their gifts.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Sorry if this was covered, haven't seen it yet. At what stage is there a % chance at a gift? Is the % higher is the tree is at a more developed stage?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
This is correct for Baja. Because we are a small shard we decided that there was no way we could sanely do all cities. To determine which cities to do, fairly, EM Obsidian placed ballot boxes at the EM Hall so we could all have a vote on which cities to focus on. The top vote city was Moonglow (I swear I cast only one vote and did not stuff the ballot box!:)) followed by Britain so those are the cities that we'll be doing.

@Mesanna, @Bleak, @Kyronix Tina did mention a potential issue with there not being enough days at the end for Britain to have a compete cycle assuming that all cities have enough gold in their coffers to have a tree. It would have to run into January for that to happen. It would be nice to have confirmation that, if all cities have enough gold and run the full city cycle, the event will be extended into January so Britain can have a completed tree and the donors will be able to collect their gifts.
Legends really wants to go after Skara and it's gonna kill me to pass on Trinsic :sad2:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Sorry if this was covered, haven't seen it yet. At what stage is there a % chance at a gift? Is the % higher is the tree is at a more developed stage?
if the tree has a star on it then you will get a gift if you just drop 1 BOD on the elf.
if no star then good luck.
thats why tracking the tree's is cool because you know which shards are gonna pay out even if you just drop 1 BOD on the elf.

if your so inclined to get more drops to try to make a full set or what have ya.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
if the tree has a star on it then you will get a gift if you just drop 1 BOD on the elf.
if no star then good luck.
thats why tracking the tree's is cool because you know which shards are gonna pay out even if you just drop 1 BOD on the elf.

if your so inclined to get more drops to try to make a full set or what have ya.
Yeah pretty much knew that :) I was wondering for example was there any chance of a drop on say a "Charlie Brown" tree? Or is a tree with bulbs had a better % chance than a Charlie Brown tree? Thought maybe someone might have gotten a drop of an uncompleted tree to give us a better idea.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The publish notes say the "rewards are scaled to a percentage of total participants for each tree size below the maximum tree size."

This is what I'm guessing the percentages are:

0% - No tree
20% - Charlie Brown tree
40% - Small tree
60% - Giant tree with no ornaments or star
80% - Giant tree with ornaments but no star
100% - Giant tree with ornaments and star

The publish notes also say "Players receive a number of entries based on the worth of the Bulk Order Deed they turn in." I'm not sure how the number of entries you have and the percentage that is based on the tree size work together for one individual character.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

I wouldn't count on it... Last year Yew was completely skipped and the Vesper Tree never got gifts as time ended. So don't count on Britain getting it. Now Dot thinks it will but I wouldn't put my eggs in that basket. I remember getting no tree at all in Yew last year.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
That is exactly right @MalagAste , that's why people asked for the order to be changed, personally I wish they had just chosen less Cities so all of the list would work as intended. Sucks to spend time and resources on the tree and then not get any rewards at all. :(

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I wouldn't count on it... Last year Yew was completely skipped and the Vesper Tree never got gifts as time ended. So don't count on Britain getting it. Now Dot thinks it will but I wouldn't put my eggs in that basket. I remember getting no tree at all in Yew last year.
From my many years on GLs I believe (Her profile signature aside) Dot has a connection to Britain so she may be a little optimistic about it :)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ohhhhh snap its almost done and no tree on ATL!

sounds like ATL is having a little trouble getting it up.......

gotta take pokes at ATL when they cant keep up to the small shards on events like this.
makes me smile.
all the "come play on ATL people its the biggest shard in game" people that post.
oh look Sonoma got theirs up, what with 17 people, oohhhhhhhhhh snap!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ohhhhh snap its almost done and no tree on ATL!

sounds like ATL is having a little trouble getting it up.......

gotta take pokes at ATL when they cant keep up to the small shards on events like this.
makes me smile.
all the "come play on ATL people its the biggest shard in game" people that post.
oh look Sonoma got theirs up, what with 17 people, oohhhhhhhhhh snap!
Atl failed most cities last year a well. Sad.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
holy hell that was freaky!
i was sitting at the tree on ATL right now and all of a sudden BLAMO! the presents exploded everywhere!

that was pretty damn cool to see that pop like that!!!!