• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Artisan Festival Tree Statuses

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mmmm is there time for a tree after jhelom....seems not to me..will go well into january
I think the only shard that is guaranteed to actually get through all of the towns is Origin and their elf in Britain will probably get a bag mid-day or earlier on Sunday. Unfortunately, the last tree there will probably be very small or nonexistent. Legends and Napa Valley are already finished with the event and have no more opportunities to participate in it.

I think that the shards that have an elf in Britain as of this morning, Eastern Time, will probably be able to finish building the tree by the end of the day on Sunday evening and get a bag. Hopefully the bag is still there after midnight Eastern Time and into Monday so people can collect the rewards (see Dot's post above with regard to what happened with Vesper last year.) This would be the European shards and probably all of the North American shards.

I have my doubts about whether any of the Asian shards will finish the last tree and get a bag if the BOD-dropping stage ends for all shards as of midnight Eastern Time on December 31st. How many other events have we had that end on a specific date and all of the west coast shards and Asian shards have the event end early in their local time zones because the whole thing was programmed to shut down at midnight Eastern Time? Also the same for accounts going offline when their time runs out: They go offline at midnight Eastern Time on the day the time runs out, irregardless of which shard you play on. The way this was set up, it's as if the Asian shards all lost a day for the festival because it really didn't start for them until what was December 2nd in their local time zone, and Mugen lost four days.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The owl herald says there's a festival in Yew on Legends ;) Regardless I'm done with trees lol
That's interesting. On both Legends and Napa, Yew has a new elf and the tree and gifts that were there previously are gone. Thanks for pointing this out.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was a city skipped?
Yeah, on Legends and Napa, Moonglow was skipped because there was not enough money in the city treasury. I just didn't realize the event would cycle back around to Yew if that happened.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Time for an update for the Britain/Jhelom/Yew trees: (Trees are in Britain, unless otherwise noted.)

FINISHED:
  1. Baja
  2. Great Lakes
  3. Mugen (Jhelom)
GIANT TREE WITH ORNAMENTS BUT NO STAR:
  1. Chesapeake
GIANT TREE WITH NO ORNAMENTS OR STAR:
  1. Siege Perilous
SMALL:
  1. Izumo
CHARLIE BROWN:
  1. Atlantic
  2. Catskills
  3. Drachenfels
  4. Lake Austin
  5. Lake Superior
  6. Pacific
  7. Sakura
NO TREE:
  1. Arirang
  2. Asuka
  3. Balhae
  4. Europa
  5. Formosa
  6. Hokuto
  7. Legends (Yew)
  8. Mizuho
  9. Napa Valley (Yew)
  10. Oceania
  11. Origin
  12. Sonoma
  13. Wakoku
  14. Yamato

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
only happened to me once advancing the tree stage....and ive done a lot o lot of bod drops... but its awewome fireworks display when it does.. love it

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks Tina! Dumb question--where in Britain is it?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's the condition of the trees this morning (around 11:15 a.m. EST), all in Britain unless otherwise noted:

FINISHED:
  1. Baja
  2. Chesapeake
  3. Great Lakes
  4. Hokuto
  5. Izumo
  6. Mugen (Jhelom)
  1. Sakura
  2. Siege Perilous
  3. Yamato
  1. Catskills
SMALL:
  1. Asuka
  2. Atlantic
  3. Lake Superior
  4. Pacific
CHARLIE BROWN:
  1. Drachenfels
  2. Lake Austin
  3. Mizuho
  4. Sonoma
  5. Wakoku
NO TREE:
  1. Arirang
  2. Balhae
  3. Europa
  4. Formosa
  5. Legends (Yew)
  6. Napa Valley (Yew)
  7. Oceania
  8. Origin

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Rather than start a thread, I'll ask here...I saw at one time a pictoral list of all the artisan rewards available from the last two years. Been to two wikis, three websites, still cant find it again. Anyone have any idea?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another update for the last round of trees, all in Britain unless otherwise noted and as of approximately 9:05 p.m. EST:

FINISHED:
  1. Baja
  2. Chesapeake
  3. Great Lakes
  4. Hokuto
  5. Izumo
  6. Mugen (Jhelom)
  7. Siege Perilous
  8. Yamato
  1. Sakura
  1. Atlantic
  2. Catskills
  3. Lake Superior
SMALL:
  1. Asuka
  2. Pacific
  3. Wakoku
CHARLIE BROWN:
  1. Drachenfels
  2. Lake Austin
  3. Mizuho
  4. Sonoma
NO TREE:
  1. Arirang
  2. Balhae
  3. Europa
  4. Formosa
  5. Legends (Yew)
  6. Napa Valley (Yew)
  7. Oceania
  8. Origin

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last day for the trees, all in Britain unless otherwise noted. Status checked between about 10:15 a.m. and 10:40 a.m. EST.

FINISHED:
  1. Baja
  2. Chesapeake
  3. Great Lakes
  4. Hokuto
  5. Izumo
  6. Mugen (Jhelom)
  7. Siege Perilous
  8. Yamato
  1. Asuka
  2. Lake Superior
  3. Sakura
  1. Atlantic
  2. Catskills
  3. Pacific
  4. Wakoku
SMALL:
  1. Lake Austin
CHARLIE BROWN:
  1. Drachenfels
  2. Mizuho
  3. Sonoma
NO TREE:
  1. Arirang
  2. Balhae
  3. Europa
  4. Formosa
  5. Legends (Yew)
  6. Napa Valley (Yew)
  7. Oceania
  8. Origin (bag) (no new elf in Yew yet)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you @Tina Small for all of your hard work in touring the shards to advise us all of the status of the Holiday Trees!
Wishing for you a wonderful Year in 2018.

THANK YOU once again! :ten:
Thank you, Tildi. I hope it helped keep people motivated to participate. I enjoyed doing it and especially enjoyed seeing all the groups of people on different shards, gathered near the trees and talking to each other.

I think the real kudos, however, go to the crafters who kept filling and dropping off large BODs to grow the trees. It takes a lot of resources and gold to do that and I really appreciate the people who did it on the shards where I wanted to try to get the rewards. Those people deserve a big round of applause for all their hard work and dedication. And thank you to the dev team for creating the event and for modifying it this year. I hope next year we'll have more players to help make this a success on every shard. We could really use more events like this throughout the year that pull people together and maybe even create a bit of shard rivalry/shard pride.

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I guess I'lll empty what large bods I have remaining in the ATL tree.

"Christmas trees always teem presents and elves. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!"

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess I'lll empty what large bods I have remaining in the ATL tree.

"Christmas trees always teem presents and elves. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!"
Please do, I want those gifts.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another update for the last trees for this year (Britain on most shards, Yew on Napa and Legends, Jhelom on Mugen).

FINISHED:
  1. Baja
  2. Chesapeake
  3. Great Lakes
  4. Hokuto
  5. Izumo
  6. Mugen (Fel Jhelom)
  7. Sakura
  8. Siege Perilous
  9. Yamato
  1. Asuka
  2. Atlantic
  3. Lake Superior
  4. Pacific
  1. Catskills
  2. Wakoku
SMALL:
  1. Lake Austin
CHARLIE BROWN:
  1. Drachenfels
  2. Mizuho
  3. Sonoma
NO TREE:
  1. Arirang
  2. Balhae
  3. Europa
  4. Formosa
  5. Legends (Yew)
  6. Napa Valley (Yew)
  7. Oceania
  8. Origin (has had a bag since this morning, if not last night)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is now just after 1:00 a.m. EST and I spotted a bag by the elf in Britain on Drachenfels about 10 minutes ago. While I was writing this and checking other shards, Europa got theirs. Origin's had the bag there for about a day now. Checked a few East coast North American shards (Europa, Lake Superior, Catskills, Great Lakes, Siege Perilous) and none of them have a bag in Britain yet. Hopefully, since Europa got theirs and it was definitely past midnight EST when it happened, the rest of the shards will also get theirs today (Monday).

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Baja Britain Christmas Tree just popped presents!
Happy New Year All!
*hugs*

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's how the last set of trees ended up (as of about 1:30 p.m. EST), all in Britain and elf has a bag, unless otherwise noted:

FINISHED:
  1. Asuka (no bag yet)
  2. Baja
  3. Chesapeake
  4. Great Lakes
  5. Hokuto (no bag yet)
  6. Izumo (no bag yet)
  7. Mugen (Fel Jhelom)
  8. Sakura (no bag yet)
  9. Siege Perilous
  10. Yamato (no bag yet)
  1. Atlantic
  2. Catskills
  3. Lake Superior
  4. Pacific
  1. Wakoku (has a bag)
SMALL:
  1. Lake Austin
CHARLIE BROWN:
  1. Drachenfels
  2. Mizuho (no bag yet)
  3. Sonoma
NO TREE:
  1. Arirang (no bag yet)
  2. Balhae (no bag yet)
  3. Europa
  4. Formosa (no bag yet)
  5. Legends (Yew)
  6. Napa Valley (Yew)
  7. Oceania (no bag yet)
  8. Origin (has had a bag since at least yesterday morning)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I said earlier that I would try to show the final results for the trees, so here's a graph that perhaps shows how things turned out. Your shard got 5 points for a finished tree, 4 points for a giant tree with ornaments but no star, 3 points for a giant tree with nothing on it, 2 points for a small tree, 1 point for a charlie brown tree, and 0 points for no tree at all. Note that I didn't count the second tree attempts in Yew for Legends and Napa (both shards skipped Moonglow). And don't forget that Mugen didn't have even a snow patch when every other shard had their first tree in Yew, so they got off to a late start compared to every other shard. I also realized when tallying up the results that I completely skipped Atlantic when reporting on the Jhelom trees and they had a finished tree too! Sorry about that.

2017 Artisan Festival Tree Sizes.JPG

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for keeping track of this for us!

Congrats to Asuka, Great Lakes and Izumo for full trees in every city.

Awesome Job!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thank you for keeping track of this for us!

Congrats to Asuka, Great Lakes and Izumo for full trees in every city.

Awesome Job!

Indeed... Shandara personally promised us on GLs that we'd have a full tree in every city again this year. Which IMO is a monumental task. But wonderful job to all who can and did work on BoDs and basically donate them to the tree for all to enjoy.

Some really amazing and devoted crafters in UO.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did we ever find out how many points it takes per tier? If not maybe someone could ask at the next Meet & Greet.