• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Account Migration Issues

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WHO HAS ACTUALLY HAS MANAGED TO LINK MORE THAN 9 UO ACCOUNTS TO MYSTIC'S ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM???

That (above) is my biggest problem and question. Thus I am back in here asking for an answer. I am trying everything, everyone, and everywhere else to figure this out.

Thank you Petra Fyde! Seriously I Thank you! Reading all your detailed informative instructions and replies to questions on the forums made it it possible for me to figure how to successfuly LINK 9 of my EA-UO Accounts to Mystic's Account Management.

THP is, I think, is giving instructions for a method (below) that only works for linking the first 9-uo-accounts-limit that Mystic account management will successfully accept. I am trying to get my next 7 uo-accounts Linked to Mystic's Account Management System. I have tried everything, including starting a new account with EA with a new E-mail address.

I did open an new E-mail, and tried to start up another ACCOUNT IN MYSTIC ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT hoping that would accept the over-limited-9-uo-account-link-limit. It did not. When I tried, the message I got, is that I already have an EA Account and that by changing the password and making a new account would change my EA Account with Mystic Account Manage. <<"something to that effect" so I held back doing any more that might damage what has been already successfully accomplished.

I believe BahamaMama and THP both managed to link accounts to a new email address. I will try to find their posts to help you.

http://vboards.stratics.com/2005469-post1.html
He wrote: easy guide to migration
1. make new email that u want to use for it

2. register the email on the migration page and add a new passcode/password for the EA site.... a new password!!!

3. u now have a EA account master ACCOUNT WHICH IS YOUR EMAIL PLUS NEW PASSWORD U JUST MADE

4. add any UO account u have in the ''link box'' but add _uo at the end of the account name
so if your account name is abcde..then enter abcde_uo
5. enter your password for that account
6. press link
7.press confirm
8.u have account linked 1 account to the new master email u made at the start..

9. add upto 9 accounts ..remeber to add _uo at end of your account name everytime..[unquote]

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mythic, Mythic, Mythic. Not Mystic.
Thanks Ezekiel. :thumbup: You are RIGHT! I've even caught myself making that mistake lately. You don't suppose spelling Mythic's name wrong had anything to do with them not linking my extra 7 UO accounts to their account management system?

Mythic MYTHIC mythic - it is!:scholar: (practicing)(write on the blackboard 100 x)

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the information Woodsman. It looks like I might as well leave things as they are until we get more information since all my accounts are still accessible at the moment.

Actually I am quite happy to leave things under 2 EA id's.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mythic, Mythic, Mythic. Not Mystic.
Thanks Ezekiel. :thumbup: You are RIGHT! I've even caught myself making that mistake lately. You don't suppose spelling Mythic's name wrong had anything to do with them not linking my extra 7 UO accounts to their account management system?

Mythic MYTHIC mythic - it is!:scholar: (practicing)(write on the blackboard 100 x)
Well, I'm still waiting for that very same fix. I've a few more than 9 accounts myself.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To make a new account for your other accounts you will need to make a new email address, as THP says. Use that email address as the EA account name for your second account, then link your extra uo accounts to it.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To make a new account for your other accounts you will need to make a new email address, as THP says. Use that email address as the EA account name for your second account, then link your extra uo accounts to it.
I know. Thanks Petra. The accounts that I cannot link are inactive and none of them hold a house. So, I'm just gonna wait and see if they fix the database limitation or not. I already have seven or eight email addresses I don't want or need another one.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WHO HAS ACTUALLY HAS MANAGED TO LINK MORE THAN 9 UO ACCOUNTS TO MYSTIC'S ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM???

That (above) is my biggest problem and question. Thus I am back in here asking for an answer. I am trying everything, everyone, and everywhere else to figure this out.
Jade, I had 19 accounts to work with. I initially had 9 linked to one e-mail address and another 10 that showed up as tentatively assigned to that e-mail but the linking process wouldn't work.

When I was told by CS last week to go ahead with linking the remainder to additional e-mail messages, I only went ahead with adding 8 of the remaining 10 to a new e-mail address. The other 2 I left as they were. However, a few days later, after reading someone else's post (can remember whose now) about being able to link more than nine, I added the first one of the last two unlinked accounts (putting the total for that EA Account at nine) and then tried the very last one. I was surprised to find that it worked. So now I have 9 accounts linked to my first EA Account and 10 linked to the second EA Account.

For the second EA Account, I linked the 10 UO accounts one at a time by logging into each one as a Mythic Master Account (or whatever it's called) and then typing in the EA Account name that I actually wanted to link them to, instead of the one that the system suggested as a possibility. Everything looks like it's still linked at this point, although almost all the accounts on the second EA Account have been dormant for a long time and likely to stay that way.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
THP wrote: #8. add upto 9 accounts ..remeber to add _uo at end of your account name everytime[unquote]

I created a new E-mail, and tried to start a NEW account with EA using the new E-mail but as I tried to submit this, I was told I already that I have an account with EA and that if I change the password, it would change the password on my original account. I went ahead with that and next thing I was getting piles of E-mail notifications that kept popping up on the screen asking for the Name and Password. This didn't stop until I restored the original E-mail Name and Password to the original EA UO account. I have yet to figure that all out. Also I am afraid to try it again because it might ruin what already has been successfully accomplished, namely getting 9 accounts linked to MyTHics Account Management System in the first place. I do so hope you have better luck than I.

So if you are successful, please advise because that will mean I've done something very wrong or missed something in the steps that need to be taken.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Jade, I had 19 accounts to work with. I initially had 9 linked to one e-mail address and another 10 that showed up as tentatively assigned to that e-mail but the linking process wouldn't work.

When I was told by CS last week to go ahead with linking the remainder to additional e-mail messages, I only went ahead with adding 8 of the remaining 10 to a new e-mail address. The other 2 I left as they were. However, a few days later, after reading someone else's post (can remember whose now) about being able to link more than nine, I added the first one of the last two unlinked accounts (putting the total for that EA Account at nine) and then tried the very last one. I was surprised to find that it worked. So now I have 9 accounts linked to my first EA Account and 10 linked to the second EA Account.

For the second EA Account, I linked the 10 UO accounts one at a time by logging into each one as a Mythic Master Account (or whatever it's called) and then typing in the EA Account name that I actually wanted to link them to, instead of the one that the system suggested as a possibility. Everything looks like it's still linked at this point, although almost all the accounts on the second EA Account have been dormant for a long time and likely to stay that way.
Tina, I tried this method too, on all my remaining accounts, one at a time. None of them worked. It looks deceptively, at first, that it worked, but then I get the message that "the following accounts could not be linked."

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tina Thank you. At least now I know it can be done. I've never used two E-mails even though I am allowed to have five on my Telus Phone Company Land Line. I must be doing something wrong.

The problem now is figuring out how to make that second EA Account accept my second E-mail Address - and what is it that I don't know.

Experience is something you get AFTER you need it! Knowledge is gained the same way sometimes. This is one of those times.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ezekiel Zane: There must be a way to do this.

but - even the Senior Staff in EA CHAT who really tried to help me, couldn't figure it out and one even watched my screen when I gave him access, so he could actually see what steps I was taking on everything that could be done.
I also got the message: "the following accounts could not be linked."

Tina? Are we both missing something or doing something wrong here?

I have found in some issues here that I had to try at least three or four times and always using passwords which I never changed, that would eventually work, yet wouldn't work the first time. OH OH .. I am getting too Yakky and TIRED. :) Sorry

Good night everyone. I'll battle again tomorrow to use that second E-mail and create a new EA account.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jade and Ezekiel, when I started on the process of setting up the second EA Account, my first step was to log in with a UO account that was not linked to my first EA Account but was still tentatively assigned to it because the e-mail address for my first EA Account was what had been on that UO account under the old system. I logged in with the UO account info in the "Have a Mythic Master Account" section in the bottom right corner of the login screen at https://accounts.eamythic.com/ and added "_uo" after my UO account name and the password was what I use to log in and play on that account.

When I got past the first screen by logging in with the UO account information, I saw a screen suggesting my first e-mail address as the EA Account to link to. That wasn't what I wanted to do because this was account #10 and I needed it to be assigned to a different EA Account.

I made a gazillion screen shots over the last few weeks, but I think the one below shows you what the screen looked like at this point, with the e-mail address for my first EA account showing up in the "Already have an EA account?" section.

So, on this screen, I went to the "Don't have an EA account" section and typed my second e-mail address in the first field, dreamed up a password and put it in both of the password fields, put in my DOB, country, checked a few fields, and clicked the Continue button.

I think the next screen was what showed up next:

You'll notice that towards the bottom, there's a sentence that says, "Remember, if you have multiple accounts you can link them all at once here." I think I clicked there and ended up at this screen:

So I filled in another UO account's information here and clicked Link and then after getting the "Success!" message, I clicked Continue and eventually got to another screen showing the link up was successful. Clicked on the link in the sentence about linking multiple accounts and just repeated the process until I got through all seven accounts that I wanted to link at that time. (Or maybe I just kept adding account names on this screen after I pushed Link for the last one and saw the Success message and then pressed Continue after the last one was entered. I can't quite remember.)

A few days later, when I wanted to try to add two more accounts to that second address, I think I just repeated the process except that after logging in with the UO account information, I used the section for "already have an EA Account and logged in with the second e-mail address instead of the one that the system still wanted to link the account with. I really didn't expect it to work with the second account I tried that time, because it was going to push things to 10 linked accounts, but it worked.

I think what I may have done differently you for getting that second EA Account going was that I didn't do anything ahead of time to set up that EA account. I set it up after logging in with the first UO account I wanted to link to it.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you got 10 accounts linked to the second EA Master account?

You have not managed to link additional accounts to your first one right?

By any chance does this second EA account have or not have a PERSONA? Because that takes up a slot on the drop-down menu too and if you count that then there are 10.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so I was curious, Tina Small, and came back to find your very instructive, detailed reply! So here I am hours later! WOW! What a lot of work you did there! I knew it would help. And HELP it did!

I have been here ever since, not only taking screen shots of everything you wrote just incase I wasn't successful tonight in following your directions (or should I say early this morning?) but incredible as it seems now, I managed to punch my way through all the various windows, and battle wrong turns and many trials and errors but the grand effort finally succeeded (I think) in linking one of my accounts and updating its billing information. Then because you did all that work, I decided I must also .. and continued to link a 7 more accounts that are active amd supply billing information for each. It is incredible though, how much work that takes. It should not be that hard. A more user friendly method is needed. So many little things aren't clear. It starts with the image of the log-in boxes on the screen being too small until you find and learn to use the tools, found at the top RH side of the screen, to ZOOM IN and enlarge them.

The second E-mail I had made wouldn't work. I kept getting the message that it was already busy. FInally I deleted that one and started another one, and that new E-mail worked fine to create a new EA Account #2.

I managed, thanks to your hard efforts, to get the rest of my active accounts on that Second EA Account.

Tina Small - Thank you!! Thank you!! I really appreciate the effort and work you went through to make it possible for me to understand how to do all that. What I would like to know is HOW did you figure that all out in the first place? Hugs! Whew!

Now to sleep! :)
*this game is going to be the death of us all!*

91 mythic
92 mythic
93 mythic 94 mythis ZZZzzzzz oops MYTHIC 96 mythi ZZzzzzzz

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you got 10 accounts linked to the second EA Master account?

You have not managed to link additional accounts to your first one right?

By any chance does this second EA account have or not have a PERSONA? Because that takes up a slot on the drop-down menu too and if you count that then there are 10.
Ha, you noticed that too, didn't you?!

When I made the second account, I never saw the screen for assigning a persona. Up until when I logged out of it for the first time, it was even showing the name of my first linked account instead of the e-mail address. However, the second time I logged into that account, it started showing the e-mail address there instead, though. So, I think you may very well be correct that on my first EA Account where I had to come up with a persona, the persona takes up a slot.

Very hokey. And at this point, I really don't know if I could link any more game accounts to either EA Account. They've both got 10 items in their drop down boxes and that might be the limit for all I know. Don't have any more accounts to test with.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tina Small - Thank you!! Thank you!! I really appreciate the effort and work you went through to make it possible for me to understand how to do all that. What I would like to know is HOW did you figure that all out in the first place? Hugs! Whew!
Thanks, Jade. However, if Larisa hadn't started the thread on how to get in, I'd probably still be floundering as well! I wasn't planning on even trying things for a few more days, but her screen shots gave me enough confidence to give it a try....and it worked.

S

soulstoner

Any experience on account that is/was tied to an email address that DNE prior to migration, i.e. no longer in existence Verizon <or> fairpoint.net.

Hoping CS would be able to accommodate ... given email tie to account in system migration won't be able to retrieve email back to get password from new EA account platform from non existent email address... Friend had/did not update their old account platform to reflect current email address. :eyes:

I was able to get EA account established with uber quick password reset to my email. Friend gets errors as I'm sure their email is non existent and undeliverable, errrr???

Got the clue as they did not receive the no billing information email prior to recurring cc that DID go through with no problems.

muse diversion
Mind Games - John Lennon - YouTube

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Cant Access my account. NEED HELP !!

Yes, a very special Thanks to Larisa who made a very clear HOW to LINK EA/UO Accounts with Mythic Account Management! (quote of some of Larisa's instructions quoted below that helped me. The screen shots are somewhere in the back pages too.)
http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/248715-%7Bguide%7D-how-get-your-accounts-management-page.html

If you can, please use the existing threads on known issues with billing, creating accounts and linking, and other account issues.

Also, Thanks for all the help from Petra Fyde, and the many other posts that I read.

When I started reading the Forums I didn't even understand what the Migration of Accounts was all about, nor did I know what was happening to our accounts, - - because, instead of sitting behind the computer, I was out enjoying August, the FIRST MONTH of NICE WEATHER AND SUNSHINE on the West Coast this summer! I was out there enjoying it - until I turned on the computer one night and read the forums. I didn't expect to be indoors working on a computer like this. :)

go to that page..enter the email address associated with your acct, click on forgot password.

THEN you put in your email address and click the send password reset blah blah..check your email.

Click on the link in your email to reset your password.

THEN go back to acct management, enter your email and THAT password you just created to log in.

It will bring you to a *We've noticed you don't have a Master EA Account yet, lets create one for you!*

CLOSE OUT OF THAT you don't have to do that.

Go BACK to Acct management and log in, it will bring you to a page to select persona, secret password hint and secret password, REMEMBER THIS PASSWORD!

Once you're logged in, you *should* get a list of all the UO accounts associated with that email address. In each one, enter the password for that account and click *link*

At the bottom you'll see enter EA Master acct name and password, YOU DONT HAVE TO DO THIS! Just link your accounts, click the *link* button on the bottom and you're done.

THEN at the top right next to were it says Account Management you'll see the user name you selected to log in, and a drop down menu that lists all of your UO accounts.

I tried to upgrade to SA but it gives me *This is an invalid code* So I think some things are still being worked on.

IF you scroll ALL the way down to the bottom, you'll see the info for all of your linked accounts.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Just got emails tonight saying a pair of accounts have ended because of no billing information!?! I just linked all my accounts into 2 master accounts earlier this week, and when i go to the account page i see this:

Description Start Date End Date Method Amount Ultima Online: 1 Month Subscription 9/1/11 10/1/11 N/A N/A Ultima Online: 1 Month Subscription 10/1/11
Credit Card $12.99

I can't get the update renewal button to do anything constructive when I click on it. The billing info was re-entered as before. I don't want to quit, the account says active, yet I get an email telling me the party is over, and the account management site lets me input billing for October on, but not September thru October???

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just got emails tonight saying a pair of accounts have ended because of no billing information!?! I just linked all my accounts into 2 master accounts earlier this week, and when i go to the account page i see this:

Description Start Date End Date Method Amount Ultima Online: 1 Month Subscription 9/1/11 10/1/11 N/A N/A Ultima Online: 1 Month Subscription 10/1/11
Credit Card $12.99

I can't get the update renewal button to do anything constructive when I click on it. The billing info was re-entered as before. I don't want to quit, the account says active, yet I get an email telling me the party is over, and the account management site lets me input billing for October on, but not September thru October???
Can you login to the game?

K

Kayne

Credit Card $12.99

Be happy you get an update renewal button, I don't even have that and my account has just renewed for a month without that button ever being there.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got that aswell tonight. 1 account subscription has ended, because of no billing informations. This is getting on my nerves.

I DO NOT WANT TO LOGIN DAILY TO CHECK MY STUPID ACCOUNTS!

All accounts had working creditcard infos. I even got billed. All of the sudden the informations on 1 account are gone and the subscription has ended? Get your **** sorted already ...

*edit* i actually got 2 mails for the same account. One to the mail adress which i used until this account migration fiasco and one to the adress i was forced to use with the new account management.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just got 2 more of these end of subscription notification for 2 accounts that just renewed today. Now the odd thing is that one of them was sent to an email address I had set for that account under the old account management system not to the new EA ID email address for that account under the new system. Both of the accounts still have billing information and I can log in with them.

So perhaps these notices are some weird leftover from the old system that they haven't turned off yet?? If so, why can't they just tell us instead of having us fret and worry about our accounts everyday!! Really it is just plain rude. *big frown*

S

soulstoner

There was a note way early on in the now archives of UO Herald. That note seems to go out a day or two just prior to a scheduled recurring charge. So much to keep up with in a design-build / build-design operation. ;)

At least it's a sign your email address that migrated is correct :)
and on a positive note that email may throw a heads up to those who don't keep up with forums and such. :spider:

Nonetheless - I received that notification a day or two before my regular billing came due. My recurring monthly subscription went through migration smoothly with me not doing anything with the new platform as my email and cc information is recurring and current for now. Was charged correctly at regular time with no interruption.

Email Notification Error
Rowland Cox
11 Aug 2011 18:05:47 EST
Greetings,
Some of you might have gotten an email about your account billing not having any information on it. You received these due to the fact we made a mistake and forgot to turn off the email notification. This means some of you got emails prematurely. We are sorry for any issues this might have caused and we are correcting this issue.
News Archive | Mythic Entertainment | Ultima Online

I just got 2 more of these end of subscription notification for 2 accounts that just renewed today. Now the odd thing is that one of them was sent to an email address I had set for that account under the old account management system not to the new EA ID email address for that account under the new system. Both of the accounts still have billing information and I can log in with them.

So perhaps these notices are some weird leftover from the old system that they haven't turned off yet?? If so, why can't they just tell us instead of having us fret and worry about our accounts everyday!! Really it is just plain rude. *big frown*

J

Jokero999

This is going to be a long one for the DEV team, so for the rest of you, please feel free not to read this book I am about to write.

I received my copy of UO for my account in December 1997. I played the game for 2 years, 8 months, until August 7th, 2000. On that day, I lost everything I had in game due to a "drop bug". I contacted Customer Service at the time, and was told that while yes, they could see that the bug had occurred, and yes, they could see all the items I had lost, since their policy was to not return lost items, I was out of luck. I immediately logged out of UO, went to the local gaming store, and bought my copy of EQ, which I played for 6 years. I then played WoW for 5 years, and have decided to return to UO. I am actually having a great time, and have 3 accounts.

My biggest issue is that for some reason, my account shows 8/7/2000 as my activation date for my old account. No records earlier than that date exist @ EA.com, and I have tried several times to get tier 3 to help via email. They have all told me that the DEVs are the only ones who can help, since their records do not show anything earlier, they are not willing to help.

If one of the DEVs would be kind enough to PM me and assist me in this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Jokero Anansi on Chesapeake Shard

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, Jade. However, if Larisa hadn't started the thread on how to get in, I'd probably still be floundering as well! I wasn't planning on even trying things for a few more days, but her screen shots gave me enough confidence to give it a try....and it worked.
I have been dealing all day with ONE problem: Making a NEW E-mail Account. Now I expect to have an additional TWO big problems which are going to be coming up fast! More maybe :confused:

If you don't know what is involved in the creation of a new E-mail account that is needed to link your extra UO Acounts to Mythic Account Manager, read this.

If you already know how, you really don't want to hear what this computer illiterate has done regarding establishing a new E-mail account, except to read for a laugh :) One E-mail address has always been sufficent for my needs but ..Twenty years later I am learning:

How to make a NEW E-mail Account.

While recently searching for answers in all the forums to my questions, I would come across other posts about problems with making new E-mail accounts, mostly in order to link extra UO accounts to the Mythic Account Manager. When logging into the E-mail account to check for messages, those NEW E-mails repeatedly would pop up non-stop, asking for Name and Password, even though the correct name and password were being used. Well this started happening to me. I learned this:

YOU CANNOT CREATE A NEW E-MAIL BY USING Windows Live Email through their link : 'Add e-mail account' because when you click that link to add a new e-mail, it allows you to make up any NAME and PASSWORD you like. It accepts the Identification. But .. it doesn't go any further because no one can contact you via that E-mail. The only E-mail you can add to Windows Live Mail must first be created by your telephone company and approved by them. Then you supply your new E-mail and IDENTIFICATION via Windows Live Mail or to what-ever looks after your mail.

:rant2:When I made the NEW E-mail Account with Mystic Account Management as per Laurisa's, Tina Small's, P very good explanations, um, this computer dummy, went into Windows Live Mail, clicked on the link at the bottom of the LH menu, 'Add e-mail account' and did just that! I made up a new name for my E-mail account, eg: [email protected] and gave a new password, and all looked authentic in my E-mail addresses and was seeminly accepted. BUT.. I did not know I had to go through our Telephone company to get a new E-mail address authorized, and thus I have today learned that is the reason why the E-mail I created, or rather THOUGHT I had created, in Windows Live Mail, had that box jumping up on the screen repeatedly asking for the Name and Password of the NEW E-mail and PLUS THE BIGGER BOX FOLLOWING FROM THE SERVER REJECTING IT. Meanwhile MYSTIC ACCOUNT MANAGER ACCEPTED MY "made up" NEW E-MAIL and all 7 uo-accounts.

So today, after sitting in que waiting for my Telephone Company's Customer Support representive to come to my aid, and so they did, I learned I could handle this on line in my account with them, but the lady that answered helped get the E-mail accounts I needed added to my E-mail without my having to do anything. The new problem is:next: she had to change what I wanted for an e-mail to include an extra period.

Thus the NEW E-mail that I have registered with the Telephone Company is different to the one I supplied to Mythic's account manager. Which means I need to MOVE ALL MY EXTRA 7 ACCOUNTS to the NEW authentic approved E-mail account.

BUT: If I it is possible to change the E-mail address on the Mythic account, I will do that. OR do I have to start a new account with Mythic and try tranfer all 7 uo-accounts to a new e-mail? That might cause a second problem in that I might be opening a new bag of worms that their system can't handle by having not only the double billing occur (which has yet to happen)_ but triple billings occurring. EEEK!

*goes away shaking head. CASTS "PARALYZE ON EA/UO/Mythic/Telephone Co/Internet .. everyone take a break! :stretcher: - - - - - - - Go see a movie or:popcorn:

K

Kayne

BUT: If I it is possible to change the E-mail address on the Mythic account, I will do that. OR do I have to start a new account with Mythic and try tranfer all 7 uo-accounts to a new e-mail? That might cause a second problem in that I might be opening a new bag of worms that their system can't handle by having not only the double billing occur (which has yet to happen)_ but triple billings occurring. EEEK!

*goes away shaking head. CASTS "PARALYZE ON EA/UO/Mythic/Telephone Co/Internet .. everyone take a break! :stretcher: - - - - - - - Go see a movie or:popcorn:
Jade you can change your email address for the account by going onto "Contact Information" at the top of the Mythic account management screen.

when you change the email shown it will change the account name too.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Kayne. I hope to get back to this problem today later. Real life is keeping me too busy. (you really needed to know that!)

Even my telephone Company had to put in time and effort to get my e-mails and passwords to work. For some reason or another they were unable to fix any problems. This morning, they were able to refresh the passwords and Lo and Behold, they all now work fine. So now, again after another couple of hours working on that, I will be able to deal with Mythic Account Management and thanks to you rand your reply, I can expect no difficulty making the necessary changes. Will let you know how it goes later. Thanks again. *waves*

K

Kayne

Thank you Kayne. I hope to get back to this problem today later. Real life is keeping me too busy. (you really needed to know that!)

Even my telephone Company had to put in time and effort to get my e-mails and passwords to work. For some reason or another they were unable to fix any problems. This morning, they were able to refresh the passwords and Lo and Behold, they all now work fine. So now, again after another couple of hours working on that, I will be able to deal with Mythic Account Management and thanks to you rand your reply, I can expect no difficulty making the necessary changes. Will let you know how it goes later. Thanks again. *waves*
You are more than welcome, for the 2 minutes it took to grab a screen shot and post to save you a wealth of time it was worth it.

Damn that pesky real life - you should hit the X in the corner and return to UO :D

S.P.A

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you don't know what is involved in the creation of a new E-mail account that is needed to link your extra UO Acounts to Mythic Account Manager, read this.
Jade,

You have my sympathies but honestly whatever guidance you're getting is turning a molehill into a mountain.

You can create a new email account, for free, in seconds, using hundreds of services. Amongst the most popular are:

Google's GMail service at http://www.gmail.com

Microsoft's Hotmail service at Sign In

Yahoo mail at http://mail.yahoo.com

Personally I'd rank them in that order of preference, but choose whichever you are comfortable with.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jade,

You have my sympathies but honestly whatever guidance you're getting is turning a molehill into a mountain.

You can create a new email account, for free, in seconds, using hundreds of services.
Now isn't that the Truth!!! :thumbup1: Thank you!

This mountain, which is finally turning into a mole hill, has a new twist.
I can't access that second account where Mythic Account Management is holding my extra 7 UO accounts, and is using the E-mail I made via Window's Live Mail, which Mythic accepted. When I try to log into that account, to change the contact information, my Name and Password are wrong, so .. back to reading everything again and see what's wrong now. I know I am doing something wrong again .. missing a vital step..

*experience is something you get AFTER you NEED it.*

be back soon - - - to be continued I bet! :popcorn:
YAYE!!! I DID IT. The new E-mail is now linked with the proper password to my account. I was not typing in the Name and Password in the correct window. I had to put the info into the EA log in, not the Mystic ID thing.

Hugs to all and Thanks for all the help and your patience. Have a great weekend!!

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just got one today and went into my accounts to check. I re-entered my billing password and got an email for each account entitled "Bio-ware Purchase Notification" and "Bioware Mythic - Account Change Notification" ...

I'm assuming that even though my other account still had time left on them I was charged again (no biggie, both were near renewal time) but will I have to do this every month????

Also, props to the team for having the text of all 4 messages written IN A LANGUAGE I CANNOT READ (I assume Japanese). I hope my manager of application/database development and his team do not play UO... if they do I'm going to have morale problems because I enforce much stricter quality control on the products we put out! ;)

-P.E.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad you finally got it all sorted Jade.
Thank you Kayne, so am I!! :)

Prince Erik; Also said:
Earlier in August, I was trying to contact Bioware Mythic Customer Support for help, then began getting replies to my E-mail address but addressed to Anderson, John which is NOT my name.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you Kayne, so am I!! :)

Earlier in August, I was trying to contact Bioware Mythic Customer Support for help, then began getting replies to my E-mail address but addressed to Anderson, John which is NOT my name.
I deal with merging and syncing databases all the time - it's a pain in the neck. Once your data is dirty, cleaning it up is a monster problem. For a job this big I assume there's lots of people pulling their hair out over this mess. Dealing with different database schema, especially between companies is definitely not cut and dry.

I guess some people were under the gun to get this done... I feel sorry for them as this is costing them real money and explaining these types of problems to executives is not easy...

-P.E.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Prince Eric, you hit the nail on the head with your descrption of staff being under the gun to get this done .. and executives riding herd on them to implement and publish. I feel sorry for the staff also. It's always been publish and then fix in UO. We, the customers, need a way of banding together to reach the executive-level. by taking Action: such as: FREEZE our accounts until things are working the way they should.

Post 422, UnityoGoals' reply to Chris, [quote: I think they should have a new 1-800 (toll free number) posted on the main uoherald.com web site in place of the (650) pay toll number. [/quote]

A TOLL FREE NUMBER TO CALL WOULD BE A MAJOR HELP!
(Of course more senior staff would be required to handle the volume of distress calls they would receive.)

I did phone the toll number from Western Canada with a problem, ended up in a que, finally got a representative who, in the end, couldn't help with any problem. That was at the beginning of the migragation. EA tried to help with no luck on their live chat. Later, when EA couldn't help either, at one point I did call that toll number again and was told "Your call is important to us" but the wait for the next representative was an estimated time of 25 minutes.

:next: will be dealing with double billing? Haven't checked that yet.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm curious why i still can't properly confirm my e-mail adress and why i have to confirm the mail x times. I managed to get 7 accounts linked to my adress. For each account i get a mail sent to the same adress. Seems a bit pointless to me. On a side note, i don't speak japanese nor chinese.
See my rant on E-mails Kas Althume at POST #477 above.
That may be of some help to you, but I am not sure you are having the same problem.

Godiva_Drach

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Since I get billed only once a month for my credit card I had not noticed the following. I also don't know if it applies to one or all accounts. Will it ever end?

Dear UO Player,

Last week an event occurred that resulted in you being double billed. Rest assured you will be refunded fully, and in addition for any inconvenience caused please accept this 5 use Forged Metal Tool. Simply redeem this code in game . . .

xxxx-xxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

Click on the Help button
Choose Redeem Code
Enter the code in the box
The item will appear in your backpack

If you have any additional questions or concerns feel free to concact our CS at [email protected].

Thank You.

-The UO team
I would thank them for the tool but I will wait until the cc bill arrives...

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you tried clicking on the Support link yet, Godiva_Drach? :rolleyes:
Regarding your comment: "I would thank them for the tool but I will wait until the cc bill arrives"
The tool may be the only thing you get from them! Your comment hits my funny bone .. :lol:

S

Shantia

I made a typo in my billing address and now i can not change it. I know that when the time comes for it to charge my card the red flag is going to go up cause the billing address does not match the information on the card. Is there a way to edit your 'saved' credit card information? I've tried re-entering my billing but it wont let me use the same card number because it already has that number saved on file. URG. Why wont it let you delete or change saved billing information? Billing address's change.....Or like me, people make typo's and hit enter before realizing it.

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure what's happening with my main account at the moment :)

I got an account closed due to no billing info the other day, which I ignored (IIRC there was a warning about them accidently sending them out by mistake), and my account is now showing as "open" but no billing information (no start date, no end date, no method, and no amount), and my CC isn't showing any outstanding amounts. This is a change from a couple of days ago when it had the start/end fields filled with the 31st as the last day.
It does however show the account as active, and I can still log into the game...

My dad's account which also didn't see the billing information carry over on the other hand closed down promptly at the end of it's last billing cycle.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if this is related to the account migration, or if it's a whole other problem, but I just logged in without UOA and realized that I'm not being prompted to claim my vet rewards.

I mention UOA because I have the "auto cancel vet rewards" box checked on all my characters. But I was going to claim a reward, so I logged in without it. No prompt came up. I tried several times on several characters on both my accounts. No rewards on either. Anyone else heard about this?

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The vet reward server has been off during the account migration fiasco. They haven't turned it back on yet.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I did all the account/email bit till i got poped out of uo billing. 4 emails linked so i could at least get a few accounts that got bumped off to be on for the gift giving for annivasary and clean up... or so i thought... I was in tears cause it now wont even let me in to pay. Son called EA who the nice person sent him over to mythic billng..... the lady there understood exactly what my son was asking and sent it to TIER 3. I am beginning to hate Tier 3. You cant talk to them, only e mail. As the lady explained to my son. We are now waiting for them to email back.

All I want is to have my accounts where i can get to them, be able to turn on and off when i need to... and pay when i have to. is that asking too much??
Dont EA want my money??

UNKNOWN of Atlantic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why cant EA just take off the 9 Account limit ..I mean What the heck THE OLD SERVER could handle it I mean i have over 20 accounts My self =:)wall:

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why cant EA just take off the 9 Account limit ..I mean What the heck THE OLD SERVER could handle it I mean i have over 20 accounts My self =:)wall:
But in the old system they were each as separate entity. They weren't all tied together like they are now.

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Ok I did all the account/email bit till i got poped out of uo billing. 4 emails linked so i could at least get a few accounts that got bumped off to be on for the gift giving for annivasary and clean up... or so i thought... I was in tears cause it now wont even let me in to pay. Son called EA who the nice person sent him over to mythic billng..... the lady there understood exactly what my son was asking and sent it to TIER 3. I am beginning to hate Tier 3. You cant talk to them, only e mail. As the lady explained to my son. We are now waiting for them to email back.

All I want is to have my accounts where i can get to them, be able to turn on and off when i need to... and pay when i have to. is that asking too much??
Dont EA want my money??
If you use the Mythic login, you can write your account name _uo at the end of it and use the password and you should be able to get into the account on the page.

B

BellaofCats

Re: Account Migration Issues - Still doesn't sound safe to update accounts!

I have yet to update my accounts to the new billing system. I've read over ALOT of the billing issue posts but have yet to see anyone ask this: when exactly do WE need to update our billing information by? None of my accounts are currently up for renewal anytime soon but I'd like to get my info up-to-date in the new billing system, however I'm afraid I will just be another victim! Can anyone tell me if we need to have our information completed in the new billing system by a certain date and has anyone at all experienced a smooth transition?

Bella