• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Ultima Online: New Legacy Launches October 15th

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10/2/2024 Greetings, We are extremely excited to announce the first season of Ultima Online: New Legacy will begin on Tuesday, October 15, 2024! Players will be able to login that day starting at noon ET and begin to forge their legacy! Be sure to also signup for the Ultima Online newsletter to stay connected with all things UO! See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

1727903816623.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So, new players will start the game, then have a change in client after they start?
Great job
This is alot of progress - the launch of NL and improvements to the CC (or however they're going to roll it out). I'm not sure what the problem is. Should they delay updates to the Classic Client?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It's time to move forward, with or without an updated client. That project is likely going to take some time. There is a little bit of momentum with the testing done on NL, and it's best to strike while the iron is hot.

belal

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
You will have all these new players come to the game to try NL, and find the game doesn't work properly. Pointless launching it before they get a working 2d client. Will just turn all of the people off who try it. And they probably won't try it again.

mihali

Sage
They should not release NL until the client is ready
Totally AGREE!!. NL is not nearly 1/10,000 as important as the client change is. The CC is absolutely on crutches for like 27 years, as far as macros and many other things are, not to mention choppy graphics. The client change should proceed ASAP, even if it means delaying NL another year! The CC change will bring a lot of needed ease of life changes, unless it is botched up pretty badly. NL is here today, it will be wiped clean in 12 months, and has no far reaching changes to UO as a whole. It is just a new toy, presently with its new bugs. So no the changes to the classic client should be asap, also they may change their mind and not do any changes to CC if there is a delay. The possibility is always there. So please do not advocate delaying CC improvements!a
So: PLEASE Devs move forward with the CC client changes, even at the cost of delaying NL, (by the way it still has some interesting bugs to it)!!

Last edited:

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10/2/2024 Greetings, We are extremely excited to announce the first season of Ultima Online: New Legacy will begin on Tuesday, October 15, 2024! Players will be able to login that day starting at noon ET and begin to forge their legacy! Be sure to also signup for the Ultima Online newsletter to stay connected with all things UO! See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

View attachment 157060
Well. Guess I know what I will be going all day that day. I hope a decent sized chunk of players decide to give NL a go so that the shard has a good sized population playing. I guess the first few days is going to be a race to place houses... Hopefully we don't get a Siege situation where people rush to place a house, place one, and then go back to their main shard and never touch it again, taking up space from people that actually play.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well. Guess I know what I will be going all day that day. I hope a decent sized chunk of players decide to give NL a go so that the shard has a good sized population playing. I guess the first few days is going to be a race to place houses... Hopefully we don't get a Siege situation where people rush to place a house, place one, and then go back to their main shard and never touch it again, taking up space from people that actually play.
If the shard is truly seasonal then it won't matter

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the shard is truly seasonal then it won't matter
It ultimately won't matter, but as you know from the beta, housing is restricted to certain neighborhoods and you can't place all over the map like on a regular shard. If NL takes off housing could be tight so having loads of unused houses would be kind of annoying.

For example the Ice Island housing area is just the area surrounding the dock.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The proof will be In the pudding soon based on people's reaction to anniversary gifts I think most people will chase new shiny things on production rather than we still Don't even know what you're gonna get to keep on seasonal shard

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I'm surprised there is no discussion on what server births that this might create and when you transfer to your production shard at the end of the season will you be able to take them with you..........

*Checks a suspect looking plant for a hidden rune along the trail*

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm surprised there is no discussion on what server births that this might create and when you transfer to your production shard at the end of the season will you be able to take them with you..........

Are server births even a thing anymore? Pretty sure that's been long fixed or else you would get server births every time they reset Test Center 1.

When the season ends everything is wiped. Even the earlier mentioned transfer to production shards, they mentioned only a few select things would transfer which was never specified. I think they are tight lipped on what happens when the season ends cause they themselves are not sure yet.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

What is there to discuss when no one knows how the end of season transfers work. Any discussion would just be wishes and dreams until the dev team provides information unfortunately

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
What did I miss? Won’t ClassicUO be an optional client, vs an integrated one? If it’s optional, I don’t see how this will impact anything unless they opt into using it.

I can appreciate the devs incorporating the upgrade.

For the longevity of the game and the amount of time they turned a cheek for prodo, I hope this is the success the producers hope it will be. I personally have little interest but will give it a chance to change my mind.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What did I miss? Won’t ClassicUO be an optional client, vs an integrated one? If it’s optional, I don’t see how this will impact anything unless they opt into using it.
Two things are happening:
1. They will integrate performance improvements into CC (higher FPS, smooth scrolling etc.).
2. There will be an officially sanctioned ClassicUO client, which is optional. I'm pretty sure, that ClassicUO in its current state won't be sanctioned and they have to remove features in order to have it sanctioned. In the end there will be two versions of ClassicUO, one with its full feature set, which is not allowed on official shards and one with a reduced feature set, which will be allowed.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Two things are happening:
1. They will integrate performance improvements into CC (higher FPS, smooth scrolling etc.).
2. There will be an officially sanctioned ClassicUO client, which is optional. I'm pretty sure, that ClassicUO in its current state won't be sanctioned and they have to remove features in order to have it sanctioned. In the end there will be two versions of ClassicUO, one with its full feature set, which is not allowed on official shards and one with a reduced feature set, which will be allowed.
Thanks for clarifying. My understanding was similar to what you mentioned above. I’m not sure how that’ll have a negative impact unless it’s more involved. I assume the FPS rate will be selectable from the options menu.

I’ve never used ClassicUO but interested in trying it.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for clarifying. My understanding was similar to what you mentioned above. I’m not sure how that’ll have a negative impact unless it’s more involved. I assume the FPS rate will be selectable from the options menu.

I’ve never used ClassicUO but interested in trying it.
I hope when the add the FPS increase to the Classic Client, they add a toggle for it. I have played with ClassicUO before and the really smooth movement in UO feels unnatural and weird to me. It is almost too smooth to play that way. But some people like it so the option is nice.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I hope when the add the FPS increase to the Classic Client, they add a toggle for it. I have played with ClassicUO before and the really smooth movement in UO feels unnatural and weird to me. It is almost too smooth to play that way. But some people like it so the option is nice.
lol,yeah I know what you mean. I guess I’m used to it after these years. But what happens if you select higher FPS and then choose frame skipping? :D