• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

RMT discussion moved from the Genesis thread

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A sparrow in the mix? Cockatiels will socialize with anyone......

Ya they will I let the sparrow go we rehab around 3 or 4 a year we find little pinky’s outside our front door they fall from nest in the eves

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Way back before we had the big EQ ... I owned 2 breeding pair of Conure's , 2 breeding pair of Senagals, 1 over protective peachface love bird, 12 Cockatiels, 20 parakeets, 1 huge procastamus and 5 striped angel fish, 3 Cats Siamese and 1 Persian who was supreme boss.

After the Quake hit .... birds have stress levels that cant take freeking out at 3 am in the dark ... I lost almost all the big birds to heart attacks. the fish survived go figure a tall thin tank just rocked... the cats on the other hand were so far under my bed it took 2 cans of tuna to lure them out after....

Last edited:

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya they will I let the sparrow go we rehab around 3 or 4 a year we find little pinky’s outside our front door they fall from nest in the eves
Ah yea I did that for baby squirrls , raccoons, oppossums Uncle and family ran Tree services out here... I was the usual rescue girl to bring them to.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Last year we had 2 oppossums

It’s amazing how friendly they are even when you pick them up outside when their half grown and never handled

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yup they may be ugly to some but they can be sweet devils
I had one squirrel who I kept for 12 years.. before some say they don't live that long ..they do if they are well fed and cared for and watch lakers baskeball .... he was too tiny when I got him he imprinted with the family and letting him out in the wild was not an option. We tried... lets say he ran in the house and up my body so fast and in my shirt hiding from the wild squirrel who chased after him.... took not one but 2 red pecans to get him to stop chittering and staring at the door.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uhh is it bad that all those pics I posted actually were of my pets?
Naw. I couldn't get mine to hold utensils.

It seems you are feeling less stress since the forum change. It is nice to have some fun!

We are dog sitting my daughters Beagle/Basset mix. He hates pictures. He runs from the camera. If he is bothering me, I hold up the mouse like a camera and he goes away.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Last year we had 2 oppossums

It’s amazing how friendly they are even when you pick them up outside when their half grown and never handled
OMG you touched them!!! Yuck

The screen on our water heater vent fell off and an opossum came in to eat the cat food. They dont have cheeks so they make a lot of noise crunching. The cats were afraid of it. A few weeks later it came in and had 3 of the most ugly babies on its back!!! I chased it out with a broom while it hissed at me. I fixed the screen at daylight.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
OMG you touched them!!! Yuck

The screen on our water heater vent fell off and an opossum came in to eat the cat food. They dont have cheeks so they make a lot of noise crunching. The cats were afraid of it. A few weeks later it came in and had 3 of the most ugly babies on its back!!! I chased it out with a broom while it hissed at me. I fixed the screen at daylight.
Be nice to em, they're the only marsupial species native to North America.

*** Found this for you ***

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Be nice to em, they're the only marsupial species native to North America.

*** Found this for you ***

I’m very impressed most people don’t even know what a marsupial is let alone realize they are North America’s only one

Also my sister had 5 sugar gliders they are really soft like chinchillas but never got very tame, maybe because she had to many.
Very nosie at night as well.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Back to the topic

I was thinking just after seeing some spamming on pac needing full soul stones, well if I spend real money to get them in store then sell them to him for gold in game ain’t I doing the same thing as if it was a rmt ? I realize it’s owned by ea and thus why I’ve said before they Midas well sell gold.....

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Back to the topic

I was thinking just after seeing some spamming on pac needing full soul stones, well if I spend real money to get them in store then sell them to him for gold in game ain’t I doing the same thing as if it was a rmt ? I realize it’s owned by ea and thus why I’ve said before they Midas well sell gold.....
Not same. The Real $ go to EA. They make the store items they do not want you to trade account bound.

I do not have anything worth much $. But I did sell a world tree and a mount for game gold.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I realize it’s ea getting the money I just wonder why they don’t sale gold it’s not like they are unaware it’s being sold rmt

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I realize it’s ea getting the money I just wonder why they don’t sale gold it’s not like they are unaware it’s being sold rmt
Well that would cause the other cites to have to compete with EA. Who knows what it would do to the economy. There would be no moral delema so more peeps would buy gold.

I only play UO and Pogo right now.

Do other games sell game currency?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I will go with a few hogs........... Who would have guessed :)

View attachment 78430
Aww those are your piggies!!! I still need to come visit you..

Though my girls are more into chickens....
Chickens.jpg

My oldest LOVES the babies the best!
BabyChick.jpg

And of course my favorite...Iris! My mom's best friend owns a farm and she's had this Emu for as long as I can remember...she loves to give hugs :)
Iris.jpg

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If i’d derailed a thread as badly as this I’d have gotten an infraction. Hopefully a mod will do their job and clean it up.
Doubt there is much to say left.

But bottom line of this thread pretty much is that the professional gold sellers are deeper in Bonnie's trousers than ever before. They run the Facebook page, they are subcontracted as EMs, they are given free hand for their business in game, and most likely it's only the tip of the iceberg.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Doubt there is much to say left.

But bottom line of this thread pretty much is that the professional gold sellers are deeper in Bonnie's trousers than ever before. They run the Facebook page, they are subcontracted as EMs, they are given free hand for their business in game, and most likely it's only the tip of the iceberg.
I am not saying I am completely sold on that idea. BUT, to tie both "parts" of this thread together: "If it looks like a duck, and talks like a duck. Well, it's probably a duck!"

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aww those are your piggies!!! I still need to come visit you..

Though my girls are more into chickens....
View attachment 78431

My oldest LOVES the babies the best!
View attachment 78433

And of course my favorite...Iris! My mom's best friend owns a farm and she's had this Emu for as long as I can remember...she loves to give hugs :)
View attachment 78432
That is the breeding herd the red Hereford in the back is Buford the boar and the Big Pink with the slightly blue butt posing is Stinky Pinky the boar and amazingly the two boars don't try to kill each other until sows start coming into heat. No danger of that with them right now as the sows are all 3 weeks pregnant so there is peace on the pasture for the next 5 months. I am down to 1 Rooster and 8 hens atm almost nothing when we usually have 500-700 layers and 1500-2500 Meat Birds on pasture. Since I should have died in early 2016 and am still struggling with some of the recovery and will be for a long while to come :( I had to cut back on things that were the most labor intensive. The poultry side of things, the cattle and vegetable crops were the top 3 hard labor intensive things. SO I sold the cattle herd, did not refresh the layer flock and cut the veggies back from 12 acres to 1.5 acres and the high tunnel and green houses. Built a small commercial kitchen on the farm and bought a food trailer and spent the last year customizing it for what I want to do and am now impatiently waiting for it dry out enough to bring several tandem trucks of rock in so I can get the new storage building delivered and set up so I can get the Chuck Wagon on the road. Major conversion switching from packaged meats and raw products to all prepared foods and I probably spent a lot more on it than I should have but now I am Farmer, Warehouse, Distributor, and Rolling Restaurant......... LOL good thing I own the Farmers Markets I go to and can take as much of the space as I want, doubt any other markets would let me do my full set up and take up that much space.

There is the new trailer late last summer when I was installing the plumbing, hot water heater, grey water tank, and potable water tank, electric, flat top grill, oven , 3 well sink, handwash sink, mop sink, stainless counters and prep areas and the hood and vents. The old market trailer is going to be the rolling warehouse with the freezers, refrigerators, packaging, the big tents, tables, chairs etc. Saved a hair under $100,000 buying the basic trailer and hitting auctions and buying good used equipment to rig the trailer up with........ but still ended up dumping $80,000 into the trailer and equipment. Depending on how this does over the next year I will probably/might add 2-3 more trailers and trucks between 2019 and 2021. And looking at that picture I really need to pull that dent out of that truck from when the bull rammed it. If I get to feeling better and can get back into the 14-16 hour work days again someday I might have the big chicken flocks and bring a Dexter Cattle Herd back into play, but the Dokter keeps telling me to stop thinking of my full recovery in terms of Months and Start thinking of it terms of 4-5 years.......... LOL we will see :)

DSC00065.JPG

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am not saying I am completely sold on that idea. BUT, to tie both "parts" of this thread together: "If it looks like a duck, and talks like a duck. Well, it's probably a duck!"
But from my perspective, we're well beyond "If it looks like a duck, and talks like a duck...." territory. My feelings are more like, "If it looks like a duck, and talks like a duck, and has a sign around it's neck saying 'I'm a Duck', then it's a duck".

When the EM program was brought back one of the first rules handed out was "No Rares". That lasted for what a couple of months, why do you think that changed? Later on we've seen Shards where EM's were heavily story oriented, and the local populations loved it, until they (the EM's) get split apart and sent to other servers because the RMT folks complained about lack of drops, and no I'm not associating Rares Collectors with RMT sellers, it was a coordinated effort and word gets around. We know for certain of at least 1 EM that directly had RMT ties, and I'm absolutely certain there are and have been others, which means an RMT seller, and those with direct ties to RMT have had a direct line to the producer, no need for emails, or waiting in line at Meet and Greets.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But from my perspective, we're well beyond "If it looks like a duck, and talks like a duck...." territory. My feelings are more like, "If it looks like a duck, and talks like a duck, and has a sign around it's neck saying 'I'm a Duck', then it's a duck".

When the EM program was brought back one of the first rules handed out was "No Rares". That lasted for what a couple of months, why do you think that changed? Later on we've seen Shards where EM's were heavily story oriented, and the local populations loved it, until they (the EM's) get split apart and sent to other servers because the RMT folks complained about lack of drops, and no I'm not associating Rares Collectors with RMT sellers, it was a coordinated effort and word gets around. We know for certain of at least 1 EM that directly had RMT ties, and I'm absolutely certain there are and have been others, which means an RMT seller, and those with direct ties to RMT have had a direct line to the producer, no need for emails, or waiting in line at Meet and Greets.
Who watches the watchers :)

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Not including the "Klops debacle" there is a CURRENT EM with "ties" to a RMT 3rd party site! YES, a CURRENT EM. @Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix Would one of y'all please explain how that is in ANY way acceptable.

Last edited:

Hingria

Visitor
I always think that posting these topics on stratics is funny. Some of the people here who own the board are the main historical sellers rmt wise. I think all the online videogames are rmt oriented. Just step outside your house, breath deeply, drink a good latte or coffee and bring your dog for a walk. If you do not want RMT transactions on online games because they make you feel bad irl and go to toilette to scream every 5 minutes... just play offline games. About Mesanna... she is a very very good and passionate developer. Without her the game would die. You should all praise her and thank her for how she is and what she does for the game. Human beings are not always good, it’s not her fault if every once in a while there was a rotten apple. If you don’t like the game, just go play something else. UO will continue without you

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I always think that posting these topics on stratics is funny. Some of the people here who own the board are the main historical sellers rmt wise. I think all the online videogames are rmt oriented. Just step outside your house, breath deeply, drink a good latte or coffee and bring your dog for a walk. If you do not want RMT transactions on online games because they make you feel bad irl and go to toilette to scream every 5 minutes... just play offline games. About Mesanna... she is a very very good and passionate developer. Without her the game would die. You should all praise her and thank her for how she is and what she does for the game. Human beings are not always good, it’s not her fault if every once in a while there was a rotten apple. If you don’t like the game, just go play something else. UO will continue without you
Sorry to disappoint you, but many critics actually like the game a lot, just not the management of it. I absolutely love UO as a game. There is a ton of content I love. Most from past developers, less from the current team.

And its the same with RMT. Just because it's widely spread in online games doesn't mean we can't point it out, talk about it and criticize it. If someone does not like that, nobody forces him to read it ;)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
A strong, sane, rational voice, speaking out against an obvious wrong, can't do anything but HELP in CORRECTING said wrong.
I don't think we should really expect any meaningful change. EA has already washed their hands of UO dumping it on a subcontractor. You dump Mesanna then where would that leave Bleak? It all gets really messy quickly in a company that's not all that big anyway. I doubt EA would even bother looking for another company to maintain UO. UO will float along till the profit scale tips the wrong way then it'll be gone. But it is fun to get it off my chest which is probably all that is going to actually result from discussing it. But hey! Run with that banner high! :)

Last edited:

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you do not want RMT transactions on online games because they make you feel bad irl and go to toilette to scream every 5 minutes... just play offline games.
Or I could play an online multiplayer game where the devs take this sort of thing seriously and have zero tolerance to RMT and bans sellers and buyers alike, to the point where its almost non-existent? Oh ... hang on a second ... I do.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Or I could play an online multiplayer game where the devs take this sort of thing seriously and have zero tolerance to RMT and bans sellers and buyers alike, to the point where its almost non-existent? Oh ... hang on a second ... I do.
Just an observation, but if you spent as much time convincing folks in Albion to register and use our forums here, as you do browsing Uhall, you wouldn't have to lower yourself to engaging with the UO Jurassics and our philosophical debates, you'd have plenty of folks to chat with. :p

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Just an observation, but if you spent as much time convincing folks in Albion to register and use our forums here, as you do browsing Uhall, you wouldn't have to lower yourself to engaging with the UO Jurassics and our philosophical debates, you'd have plenty of folks to chat with. :p
Anyone up for trolling the Albion forums? :p

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Some of the people here who own the board are the main historical sellers rmt wise.
Um... no... not a single owner of this website is an RMT seller of any kind. I know this, because I used to be one of the owners (technically they are called board members) and I made 100% sure that none of the others were RMT sellers before agreeing to join them, because I hate RMT. The regular non-owner staff members are not "main historical sellers" of rmt either and have not been for a minimum of 4 years since I've been on the staff.

(with an exception for Clops of course).

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Um... no... not a single owner of this website is an RMT seller of any kind. I know this, because I used to be one of the owners (technically they are called board members) and I made 100% sure that none of the others were RMT sellers before agreeing to join them, because I hate RMT. The regular non-owner staff members are not "main historical sellers" of rmt either and have not been for a minimum of 4 years since I've been on the staff.

Well, Clops wasn't exactly staff, he was more of a consultant.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well, this has been interesting. TBH, I can see all the different viewpoints. However I have only one question ... and you need not respond here ... think about it and answer it yourself.

When you log in to play, do you get the excitement, satisfaction or whatever warm fuzzy feeling you want - regardless of what others say or do? If yes, then what's your squawk? If you are getting everything out of the game that you expect and/or want, then who bloody damn cares? Really.

And just for the record ... I have mixed feelings about this but MY game is delivering all I expect so I don't care one way or t'other. <pulls horse out of the race>

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nah. The official Albion forums are really busy. Here isn’t. No one would want to post here. Besides I think they’d struggle with the nanny-state philosophy that is endemic here.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran

I will not allow someone to ruin a great conspiracy theory with facts! How dare you?!

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah ... a whiny post from someone who doesn’t have the skill or ingenuity to gank a gatherer solo. Same old.
LOL, that's not exactly what I meant to say, though I could agree. I rather meant it's funny to see there is some form of drama on every gaming forum..

Wing Zero Straight Edge

Seasoned Veteran
Mesanna does what she can to limit this, but yes. A very liked and respected EM was caught not too long ago cheating and handing out favors to the less savory in the game. If it happened there for so long, I don't see it hard to believe GMs do it. And, I don't find it far fetched at all that a part of the game team would capitalize on RMT.
An extra 60 bucks or more every day coming into anyone's PayPal account would be amazing. I don't see how any dev or gm would not be tempted to do this.
I recall playing a private server of Ragnarok Online and back then there GM's handed out so many items and zeny easily the whole time it was open.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I will not allow someone to ruin a great conspiracy theory with facts! How dare you?!
UO pays my mortgage payments!

Now... I could be talking about my ingame houses that are paid for and standing due to my UO subscription. However, I will let the people decide.
And the conspiracies live on!!! :tinhat:

You're welcome :lick: