• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] The Evil from Afar

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Although they said the all parts would still be doable until Part V, trades may be a challenge during city invasions, unless they do them 1 city at a time like they did with the Minax Captain invasions.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
unless they do them 1 city at a time like they did with the Minax Captain invasions.
That seems to be how they are doing it. I was on Origin for a while during the invasion this afternoon. The only city that was being invaded at that time was Minoc.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good to know. I really enjoyed the last invasion. I liked the concept of the new dungeon under blackthorns but the city size is way too small for the amount of mobs in an active city.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So we can use titan slayer for weapons and spellbooks, what about pets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope Vesper isn't attacked immediately....still fishing....and fishing....and fishing.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, tamers, about all the hours you spent on parts I-III
Not sure about the bosses, but they'll work for the regular mobs. I'm not sure if the humans can parry, but if they can, gonna be annoying. @Larisa - did you happen to notice the parry animation when the bugged mobs were attacking your Cu?

I hope Vesper isn't attacked immediately....still fishing....and fishing....and fishing.
Thinking it's gonna be a random city, then it'll cycle. How did the rioters event from a few years ago work?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Eligibility is determined by damage taken, damage dealt, and damage healed from elemental titans.

@Kyronix So to get a prize in Part V, you have to kill the Titans... How many Titans? How many prize choices can you get on a character? Will the prizes be awarded on a curve, a la the Gargoyle Cure? (please say no, nobody felt good after that event ended) Is it the title plus one or more of the other choices?

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
the first 3 phases were done well, in my opinion. i remember last invasion with generals, I died and somehow was put in stat and lost my prized bonded pet. i wasn't even in factions. this was when there was still the faction system. hope I don't have another issue.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

@Kyronix So to get a prize in Part V, you have to kill the Titans... How many Titans? How many prize choices can you get on a character? Will the prizes be awarded on a curve, a la the Gargoyle Cure? (please say no, nobody felt good after that event ended) Is it the title plus one or more of the other choices?
It is determined by placement on the "top attacker" list, even though that's a bit of a misnomer since it's a combination of the different factors mentioned in the post. You need to get on that list only once, in any position, and you get one reward package choice per character.

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is determined by placement on the "top attacker" list, even though that's a bit of a misnomer since it's a combination of the different factors mentioned in the post. You need to get on that list only once, in any position, and you get one reward per character.
Still a little confusing. Does the event have a top attacker list running in the background, or do you get on a master list for the Part V rewards if you get looting rights on a Titan at all?

Or is it a cumulative thing? If you get on the top attacker list on multiple Titans, do you get 1 reward choice per Titan? Ex: Help kill 6 titans, that character gets 6 rewards.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It is determined by placement on the "top attacker" list, even though that's a bit of a misnomer since it's a combination of the different factors mentioned in the post. You need to get on that list only once, in any position, and you get one reward package choice per character.
@Kyronix, you mentioned damage taken as one of the qualifiers, does that include damage taken by pets?

Also says Phase V is said to be on a weekday, are we going to come home from work and the titans will be dead?

With my coming and going through the years I have managed to miss every single invasion since the destruction of Magincia so I'm trying to understand the actual mechanics that will go on so we don't miss this one.

Thank you.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need to get on that list only once, in any position, and you get one reward package choice per character.
Does reward chioce same for everyone in list?
Does anyone who got looting rights at least once added to list?
Does dealing more damage give better choice list?
Does pets damage included?

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this true? the only way to get on the end of arc reward list is to damage an actual Titan. With all different factors involved in said damage. The before boss mobs mean nothing then to this list? On a good note the part 3 was actually fun. Ty.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh my...

~Shakes head~

All is lost......how very sad this is that EVERYONE is more concerned about the STUPID PIXEL CRACK then they are about saving Britannia.....

GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME.....~sighs~

All I know about the invasion.....is very little....

I didn't SEE them parry but I really wasn't paying that close attention, they have bows, scythe's and swords....they have reflect physical....some my Cu took down in seconds, some took a few minutes.....was gonna try my rune beetle for the corruption so I'll try that today....but I don't know what damage they do because they weren't doing any damage yesterday.

I WILL fight the Titans on my tamer...I DO have magery so will have the titan slayer on my spellbook so will HAVE to cast spells at it too.

And Dot? There are only 4 Titans...so you can't kill 6 ;)

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh plz Larissa I have seen pics of your collections of what? Pixel crack. This game is about collecting and deco for some. I am one of that some. Ty tho for all of your hard work gathering information.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh plz Larissa I have seen pics of your collections of what? Pixel crack. This game is about collecting and deco for some. I am one of that some. Ty tho for all of your hard work gathering information.
Collecting Gift Boxes had no effect on saving Britannia....opening 70+ 20th anny tokens had no effect on saving britannia...

I remember the Ophidian invasion...I got a few Ophidian orders and that was it...because I was more focused on destroying the evil then collecting pixels....but that's just me :)

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So if i wanted multiple reward choice am i correct in assuming it would be best to do this phase on as many different characters that are capable of doing it? Kill the titans in one town on a sampire and when they spawn in a another town do it with a tamer, mage, ect.. ect...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Oh my...

~Shakes head~

All is lost......how very sad this is that EVERYONE is more concerned about the STUPID PIXEL CRACK then they are about saving Britannia.....

GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME.....~sighs~

I do have to understand where they are coming from though.. I mean that Gargoyle cure thing was bad. I did not do the cures that often but had a guildy who spent hours upon hours doing them (like 4-5 hours a day) and did not get enough points to get the final item.... there was definitely something wrong about that set up..

but.. I doubt the Devs would ever repeat that mistake :)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am a little upset that Crafters once again get the shaft and no chance of any rewards.....I really had hopes this time that everyone would be involved the way parts 1 - 3 were going but nope.
Also, "top damager?" so again this event ends as just for those that put billions into the best gimp suit and run a Sampire?

I'm getting the feeling there will be alot of unhappy people at the end of this Event....again. :/

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
did you happen to notice the parry animation when the bugged mobs were attacking your Cu?

Thinking it's gonna be a random city, then it'll cycle. How did the rioters event from a few years ago work?
The invasion was bugged when I was on Origin so could not tell if they were parrying or not because they were taking no damage.

The invasion engine seemed to be about the same as the rioters though. Seems to be one town at a time. With the rioters though there was never an advancement to the next level. This one seems more like the invasion deal that was put in place at Blackthorns Dungeon. Kill enough of this wave, get the next and then boss after you kill enough waves.

Callise

Journeyman
So, I need to cram my Greater Dragon into the base of my obelisk to make him a Titan slayer? This is why we need pet collars - we could hold that and then put it on the pet.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So let me ask this. Once an invasion and titans are killed off in a town is that it for that town? No more until they spawn in another town?
Hopefully it stays in that town for at least a day and respawns in the same town after being killed off (much like a champ spawn) before moving to another town on the following day. This would give people with jobs/kids/social life a chance to participate in defending Britannia

@Larisa Some would call it STUPID PIXEL CRACK while others would refer to them simply as mementos to remind us of the turbulent times that Britannia faced and of all the brave men and woman that gave their all in fighting back the invading hordes.

Last edited:

Jolt

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am a little upset that Crafters once again get the shaft and no chance of any rewards.....I really had hopes this time that everyone would be involved the way parts 1 - 3 were going but nope.
Also, "top damager?" so again this event ends as just for those that put billions into the best gimp suit and run a Sampire?

I'm getting the feeling there will be alot of unhappy people at the end of this Event....again. :/
Not just the crafters dude - what about the beggers?

I've spent hours perfecting my GM Begger/Herder template, because I felt for sure that the 20th anniversary event was finally going to be this characters chance to shine.

Won't somebody please think of the beggers?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Still a little confusing. Does the event have a top attacker list running in the background, or do you get on a master list for the Part V rewards if you get looting rights on a Titan at all?

Or is it a cumulative thing? If you get on the top attacker list on multiple Titans, do you get 1 reward choice per Titan? Ex: Help kill 6 titans, that character gets 6 rewards.
Doesn't matter which titan you get on the list, each character just has to get on the list. You get 1 reward per character, regardless of how many titans you kill. Of course you are encouraged to kill as many titans as possible, otherwise the destruction and fall of Britannian society as we know it at the hands of these elemental invaders will of course be on your hands.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesn't matter which titan you get on the list, each character just has to get on the list. You get 1 reward per character, regardless of how many titans you kill. Of course you are encouraged to kill as many titans as possible, otherwise the destruction and fall of Britannian society as we know it at the hands of these elemental invaders will of course be on your hands.
Will there be any way to know you are on the list before the event is over?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't even kill the daemon thing at the daemon temple (which I'm still stuck on that part) nor have I ever been the "Top Attacker"
So basically no package for the lower level fighters
Would be nice if this event wasn't like EM events, an event everyone can get the "package choice" as long as they help in anyway not just the multi boxers and top tier fighters

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't see how that will work for healing then?
In the post it says you get points for healing chars that are taking damage from the Titans......How is that going to compare to a gimped up supersuit buffed up to the nines?
They hit the Titan for say 500hp yet a healer can only heal 80hp? And what about pets? They hit harder than most chars too?

Also once your on the list...is that it or can you "better" your hit ranking?

More questions to each answer given... o.0:confused2:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And Dot? There are only 4 Titans...so you can't kill 6 [bcolor=rgb(204, 205, 205)];)[/bcolor]
That entirely depends on how the invasions occur.

The logical progression for Part V would be:

Town X invaded by Titan Y's army. Citizens defend the town, causing the Titan to appear (or a gate to open to their location) and deal with us meddlesome kids themselves. Rinse, repeat for three weeks. Who says we're fighting the actual Titan instead of an avatar? Can you "kill" an element?

If each Titan appears only once, the fallout won't be pretty.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix My only concern is if there will not be an opportunity to participate in the Titans depending on the time of day that you log in. For example if we log in but the invading forces have already been defeated sorry but you have to wait until tomorrow when they invade the next city. Only to get home from work the next day and find that city has already been defeated.
My hopes is that it is set up so that no matter what time day or night that you log in you will be able to go kill some Titans.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix My only concern is if there will not be an opportunity to participate in the Titans depending on the time of day that you log in. For example if we log in but the invading forces have already been defeated sorry but you have to wait until tomorrow when they invade the next city. Only to get home from work the next day and find that city has already been defeated.
My hopes is that it is set up so that no matter what time day or night that you log in you will be able to go kill some Titans.
other side to that.... if the appearance of a titan depends on sufficient amount of mobs killed, what happens if we don't meet that?

Peter1117

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix We want to know.
Does the reward vary depending on the numerical value of Pagan Titan's subjugation point?
As in quest of "Gargoyle medicine drug", does reward vary depending on contribution degree?
I strongly hope that it will not be such a thing.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG, I care not about the mechanics, when do we get to kill some stuff for the love of Minoc?!?!?!?
it's active (and working properly) on LS right now. Should be the same on other shards. Have at it!

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just say this npc in Minoc
Minoc.JPG
No menu when you click. No paperdoll. She only says 'Get away' 'Get back I tell you'
She wanders when followed then tp's back to in front of the bank

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesn't matter which titan you get on the list, each character just has to get on the list. You get 1 reward per character, regardless of how many titans you kill.
Soooo, what you saying is, I will have to be forced to fight with my crafters if I desire more then 1 special reward for this event ? Yes, I will fight and kill many on my main.

Last edited:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why are there no FEMALE invaders?
I want those new colours but with female plate not that ugly Man stuff. ;)

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, I got the new newspaper and read it. How do you start the spawn? I checked every city on Napa and no invaders. Is there an idol or something I have to click?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ok, I got the new newspaper and read it. How do you start the spawn? I checked every city on Napa and no invaders. Is there an idol or something I have to click?
Talk to the town cryer..well say NEWS....this is what she says on Origin

invasion.jpg

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Interesting pack drops. getting weapons with damage eater property and DI at 78%

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Um watch out for the theives~