• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] The Evil from Afar

Kabraxis

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Quick question here, dose the invasion work like Minotaur mini champ, when you have to kill monsters in order for spawn the titan. Also will the titan encounters be repeatable or a single fight only ?

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Doesn't matter which titan you get on the list, each character just has to get on the list. You get 1 reward per character, regardless of how many titans you kill. Of course you are encouraged to kill as many titans as possible, otherwise the destruction and fall of Britannian society as we know it at the hands of these elemental invaders will of course be on your hands.
I just got looting rights on Stratos in Moonglow on Europa. Does this mean that I'm already on the reward list?

BTW, possible bug report here: Moonglow on Europa was invaded by fire creatures. but we got Stratos to spawn at the end. I would have expected Pyros instead naturally...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd just like to finish getting a staff on Balhae. Been slogging away at it since the weekend and still don't have it. And Vesper is the city that's being attacked right now on Balhae. Not even anxious to try the next part now because I know I'll never get on the top damagers list. Pretty bummed at the moment.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
... thieves as in the invasion party?? That would be neat.
Screenshot_7.jpg

She keeps standing next to me and my friend..gotta keep walking away from her lol

Can't kill her and no paperdoll to open :/

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Newspaper availab The Shattered Obelisk Arc_Town Cryer_Paper_4.jpg

Minoc DF: Beware of the thiefs in the town - although they're grey they could not be attack.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
my preferred game style, is a Bard/support character
Well, if that is your preferred style, then this seems precisely catered to your needs! Use the Bard Masteries for support as that can help greatly! That helped quite a bit at the ambushers as well, without the extra HP of the provo mastery our chars would have died to the fire breath more often. On a side note, this is part IV, not part V.
Um watch out for the theives~
Thieves? Can you clarify a bit more please? How to recognize them and do NPC's steal now from our packs?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hilda.jpg

She just follows us around and yes she took something out of my pack..no clue what though cus my pack is a mess :/

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Interesting pack drops. getting weapons with damage eater property and DI at 78%
I got an axe with 92% DI, 90% HML, 15% damage eater. The HML is nice, but the DI is a bit on the pointless side...

And really, must the generals have 98 Kerjillion HP? That just makes them boring AF.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Got my first item...

BOW.jpg

GOt another one

DROP.jpg

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, the spellbook are NICE. They come in unusual slayers too...

Tildi Daintree

Adventurer
Well, if that is your preferred style, then this seems precisely catered to your needs! Use the Bard Masteries for support as that can help greatly! That helped quite a bit at the ambushers as well, without the extra HP of the provo mastery our chars would have died to the fire breath more often. On a side note, this is part IV, not part V.
Unfortunately, after 12 years gone, I have not been able to wrap my head around Bard Masteries?
I tried them out & all it seemed to do is gobble up all of my mana? Leaving the Mage part of me useless?

So Yes, I will admit I am clueless, as to the Masteries, so don't bother.... Sorry, coming back has been such a learning curve!

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got an axe with 92% DI, 90% HML, 15% damage eater. The HML is nice, but the DI is a bit on the pointless side...

And really, must the generals have 98 Kerjillion HP? That just makes them boring AF.
If you have a warrior use fire double axe hit onslaught and double strike. Was doing 200-250 damage per swing.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone know how long it takes for the next invasion to start? Killed Hydros on LS, just went over to Atl and we're in Skara.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hydros went down really, really fast. A tad anticlimactic.

Her public corpse exhibited the same EC-lagging/crashing problem as big EM mobs do... :sad4:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
about half hour until next invasion after defeating the Titan over on Europa.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's gonna take Origin awhile...there are only 2 of us here :)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not being able to kill the thieves, even though they're grey, is infuriating...

Becca

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So Part 1 , BARDS, could not participate???? (msg...You "cannot perform negative acts on your target")
Now Part 5, BARD/MAGE cannot participate???? (msg...You "cannot perform negative acts on your target")

SINCE WHEN DID BARDS BECOME SO UBER???....... THAT THEY NEEDED TO BE PENALIZED???
Tamers are UBER, not Bards!!!!

So after 12 years gone....
I come back and cannot participate in this Epic Event??????

because my preferred game style, is a Bard/support character, not a "hitty, hitty, warrior" char???

I guess they don't want my RL$'s subscription fee?
If this is the way, this quest arc was designed....
Thanks for the memories, but no more RL$'s, coming from me.

I am now so sorry, that I was stupid enough to waste RL$'s & paid up my account until December!
But NOT a Cent/penny more will head towards this game, if I cannot participate in this event!.

Pathetic implementation, of a Quest line that could have drawn back past players, into the World of Britannia!

If have have missed something, relevant to my complaint, I would be willing to be clued in to the secret!

If no one has any pearls of wisdom, then I am DONE with UO... & don't worry... I won't let the door, slap me on the way out!
get in a party and run bard songs My guildmate gets drops in this way

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Loving it and pets are quite effective on the general spawn (Using a half trained chiv hiryu) in combination with a combat or mage character. The generals take 7-10 minutes to kill, and the hiryu regularly hits 200+ Don't know about titan things yet but will find out soon enough.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Look on the bright side, at least you'll get some great pics of what happens when the Invaders win :D
Personally, I hope if the titans aren't killed within a certain time limit, like maybe 24 hours, they will spread to another facet as well.

If people can't be bothered to help defend Trammel, maybe they will be feeling more willing to help when Pyros is standing right outside their in town Luna house :)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally, I hope if the titans aren't killed within a certain time limit, like maybe 24 hours, they will spread to another facet as well.

If people can't be bothered to help defend Trammel, maybe they will be feeling more willing to help when Pyros is standing right outside their in town Luna house :)
If they ever invade Luna....i think most of Europa will be there!!!!!.........with popcorn and Cinnamon rolls, to watch it BURN!!!!! :popcorn::flame::D

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
OK... now what?
It spawned inside the walls and we can't kill it at Legends.

upload_2017-9-7_16-35-20.png

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

Trinsic on GL cannot progress because too many invasion mobs spawned in the walls and we cannot get to them :sad3:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
OK... now what?
It spawned inside the walls and we can't kill it at Legends.

View attachment 71833
@Kyronix

Trinsic on GL cannot progress because too many invasion mobs spawned in the walls and we cannot get to them :sad3:

One of the previous invasions also had the same problem (I forget which) but all we had to do on that one is page the GM and they showed up quick to pull it out to where it was attackable. Hopefully they will this time as well...

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone figured out if there is a way to tell if you are top attacker list?

Message?
Drop?
Loot rights?

Chronfused minds wanna know :mf_prop:
Now that I know the Chiv Lesser can compete with all the Sammies without me maging it would be nice to know where you fall in that pile. Easily got looting rights but does that mean anything?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But it appears only if they spawn as normal NPCs - not replacing guards. Trying to steal back from one that stole from me I get the message "You can't steal that"
Just glad I got my fishing pole back..... I guess lol

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Seems to be about 20-30 minutes. Hopefully the loot rights are all that is needed. Got in 3 750 damage WOD's and had AI Cu ripping the last Titan the whole fight. Figured that was high damage..

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Lythos is immune to Armour Ignore, fyi.
Stratos was vulnerable to it.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Hydros was immune to Armor Ignore as well. Not sure about Pyros.
Lythos also had a fairly nasty area attack that damages, dismounts and disarms.
It was "fun" specially since I was the one he was targetting during the fight.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lythos also had a fairly nasty area attack that damages, dismounts and disarms.
It was "fun" specially since I was the one he was targetting during the fight.
yeah, I just got disarmed by it a few minutes ago on LS. Me, in gen chat: "IT'S A GIANT ******* FACE. HOW THE **** DOES IT DISARM?"

Stratos is a fun one too, and I've nearly died a few times in the 2 encounters I had with it on Atl.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You know... it would be pretty swell if stuff didn't spawn inside the walls at Trinsic.
We are stuck... AGAIN!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah Origin is in Trinsic now....hopefully we don't get stuck :/

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yeah Origin is in Trinsic now....hopefully we don't get stuck :/
Best of luck. We have been waiting for a GM for over 15 minutes now.
And I dread that the Titan will spawn inside the walls again...
If they can't change the spawn so it doesn't spawn inside the walls, then leave Trinsic out of this.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Nope..got stuff stuck in the walls :/

Poor GM's gonna be busy!