• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] The Evil from Afar

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oh crap.... :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Part IV – The Evil From Afar – Now Active on Origin

As the full picture of recent events in Britannia come into focus it all begins to make sense. Cultists influenced by zealots from the far away world known as Pagan have used ancient magics to open a gateway to this dead and vile world. Using that gateway the armies of the Elemental Titans have leeched into Britannia, bringing with them catastrophe and chaos. At the behest of Sherry the Mouse and with the aide of Mythran, Britannia stands a chance to fend off this coming disaster – but to the victors go the spoils, can Britannia and her people’s emerge victorious?
Special note: Part IV includes invasions throughout Britannia. While creatures killed have a chance to drop special equipment, in order to be eligible for non-equipment & decorative rewards in Part V a character must battle the elemental titans of Part IV. Eligibility is determined by damage taken, damage dealt, and damage healed from elemental titans.

WOOOHOOOO like the Ophidian Invasions! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Never had the whole shard to myself before lol... wow.. wish I was on something other than a noobie 40 skill swords rascal lol.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Never had the whole shard to myself before lol... wow.. wish I was on something other than a noobie 40 skill swords rascal lol.
Feels that way doesn't it? Always so quite here though there's usually a lot on, just not very social :/

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL I got lucky and have a few off in a clear spot...though this archer is shooting my Cu while he's taking out a General lol

lucky.jpg

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I wish you all catered to those of us with jobs too.
Shoot.. I have a job. :p

Just took some time off during the arc. Was planning on taking week and a half to two weeks off for the 20th party but that was not do-able sadly... so taking the same time off for the arc instead lol... it's good to be da boss ;)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And here I am moments from going to work... Generals! YEAH! Invasions! Ah... love it can't wait... Think I have a Tamer on Origins... but it'll have to wait till after work...

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Damn how do you kill the red npc's ? I cant seem to hurt them even though they splatter blood with my hits :-O

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Special note: Part IV includes invasions throughout Britannia. While creatures killed have a chance to drop special equipment, in order to be eligible for non-equipment & decorative rewards in Part V a character must battle the elemental titans of Part IV. Eligibility is determined by damage taken, damage dealt, and damage healed from elemental titans.
Better get this part done or no Non-Equipment & Deco for you on the next part!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a plot in New Magincia on Origin that I just happened to place early last week, just east of the tree patch by the moongate. We transferred over an obelisk from Sonoma and I've put it there (set to anyone use), along with a pentagram with red and black candles placed on it. There's also a soul forge, anvil, and forge. I also put up a couple of vendors and will try to put some cheap LRC suits and full spellbooks and rune books on them later today. Nothing fancy and no guarantees! I know there are other vendors on Origin that should also be able to fill your shopping needs and that look much nicer than this bare plot.

origin mag h ouse.JPG

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah my obilesk is in luna available to anyone..and you know if you need anything just ask :)

I am dropping all the loots I'm getting from thse guys in Minoc right now

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Do I understand correctly that this will be available tomorrow on all shards? Cause I just got 5 more days of vacation time that are burning a hole in my pocket....

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah it was borked, invaders couldn't be attacked and nothing was doing any damage to anyone..only pets were attacking and only if they were guarding you.

Kyronix found the problem and it will be fixed for tomorrow! YAY!

As of right now he turned off the Invasion on Origin.

Was fun while it lasted though! Didn't find any interesting items on any of the corpses though but they did drop their armor, cool colors.

collocolres.jpg

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Do I understand correctly that this will be available tomorrow on all shards? Cause I just got 5 more days of vacation time that are burning a hole in my pocket....
Tomorrow is the 'roll out day' yes.. but they could have issues rolling it out like they did on other parts. I would work tomorrow then take the 5 days after that just to play it safe :D

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Also...sorry for the mess! :/

But Obelisk and Pentagram with candles set up at my luna house....will try to clean it up a bit! But it's there.

MyMess.jpg

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
After years of people asking to bring back invasions, it looks like that has been done as one of the final parts of this quest.

I hope it will be a good challenge. I look forward to this!!

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After years of people asking to bring back invasions, it looks like that has been done as one of the final parts of this quest.

I hope it will be a good challenge. I look forward to this!!
It was definitely pretty rough before Kyronix turned it off. If the human mobs hadn't been bugged to deal/take no damage, I can't even guess how many times I would've died.

I'll have to make sure all of my dexers are geared up for part 5. Not sure whether to go with ranged or melee...

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
are the red NPCs the same as the generals from years ago?
is the armor the same colors?

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
are the red NPCs the same as the generals from years ago?
is the armor the same colors?
The standard red ones are not.. but the red NPC's do have different levels it seems... normal, scout, corporal, general etc.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So which towns will be invaded? During the little bit of time I was logged in on Origin while part IV was active, it sounded like Minoc had an invasion and I thought someone also mentioned Jhelom. However, when I tried to buy a paper, I was too late and everything had been turned off.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So which towns will be invaded? During the little bit of time I was logged in on Origin while part IV was active, it sounded like Minoc had an invasion and I thought someone also mentioned Jhelom. However, when I tried to buy a paper, I was too late and everything had been turned off.
Paper said anyone wanting sanctuary should flee to Jhelom.. think all other towns will be invaded.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
What I noticed..just now since I was able to READ it and not just get all excited that it was on Origin lol

I had figured the Titans were gonna be in the final part...but the titans are coming TOMORROW!!!!!

~Shivers~

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wonder if they are going to disable guard zones when a town is invaded so casters can actually summon in towns and use area spells? Sure would be nice if they did lol. Pretty please Devs!!!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Wonder if they are going to disable guard zones when a town is invaded so casters can actually summon in towns and use area spells? Sure would be nice if they did lol. Pretty please Devs!!!
Was not on a caster when I was on Origin but you can not call the Guards on them.. so that part is off. Others did mention they were unable to use some spells though.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I was able to e-bolt them so that works :) Didn't try summons though because I was using my Cu.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I noticed..just now since I was able to READ it and not just get all excited that it was on Origin lol

I had figured the Titans were gonna be in the final part...but the titans are coming TOMORROW!!!!!

~Shivers~
Wait, really? ****! Guess I'll need to get everything ready today.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Or maybe Titans are just the beginning of the evil threatening the realm...

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Are there any useful rewards for participating in the 20th anniversary event arc? I don't want to go through all the hassle just to receive some deco items

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Seems like I remember that at one point, just not sure which one. My memory ain't what it used to be :p

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Was not on a caster when I was on Origin but you can not call the Guards on them.. so that part is off. Others did mention they were unable to use some spells though.
Oh me gosh, please tell me that after all these years, and all this time, and all the griping we did in the past, they still havent learned how to turn the guards off so casters can summon and use area spells!?!?!?! :mad::wall::yell::talktothehand:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Are there any useful rewards for participating in the 20th anniversary event arc? I don't want to go through all the hassle just to receive some deco items
We don't know...all we know is this :

Part IV includes invasions throughout Britannia. While creatures killed have a chance to drop special equipment, in order to be eligible for non-equipment & decorative rewards in Part V a character must battle the elemental titans of Part IV. Eligibility is determined by damage taken, damage dealt, and damage healed from elemental titans.

So the critters from the invasions MIGHT have special ~Equipment~ and the stuff in Part 5 is NON-Equipment and Deco...guess you just have to wait and see.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So we collect the armor for turn-in points or it will be in the loyalty menu like the meer / bane invasion

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So we collect the armor for turn-in points or it will be in the loyalty menu like the meer / bane invasion
Don't know - it wasn't on for very long on Origin. My guess is it's similar to a Champ Spawn, where you have to clear a town (Vesper, Skara, Britain, Minoc), then fight the Elemental Titan (Hydros, Lithos, Pyros, Stratos.) You need to kill the Titan to get a drop.

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My worry is that what has come before will be necessary to participate fully in the invasions and the stuff that comes next. I do not have a t-hunter, for example, so I couldn't do the t-hunting part, and then I discovered that the scrolls from that were necessary for the next part. It'll be fine if the cumulative stuff is just helpful. If it's necessary that'll be a shame.

I submit that this plotline would've been better had it been more spaced out. That would've helped the mechanics too -- would've made it more likely to be able to complete one part before the next started. Indeed I suspect it was conceived that way, just not executed that way. Which is a shame because I also suspect the same players who would've complained about it being spaced out are also the ones who complain about having an event at all -- disguised, of course, as complaints other things.