• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Publish 96 comes to Origin, Izumo and Baja

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Posted on January 25, 2017 by UO Dev Team
Greetings Everyone,
Beginning with Izumo tonight, Origin, Izumo & Baja will receive Publish 96 during their regular maintenance cycles. Publish 96 is full of new and exciting features, bug fixes, and new content so make sure you check out the full patch notes here and send us any feedback you have here. Please continue to send in feedback as we look forward to a tentative World Wide release next Thursday.
The latest client patch 4.0.56.0 and 7.0.56.0 are mandatory, so please make sure you update your UO client before trying to login.
See you in Britannia,
UO Team

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  • Increased drop rate of Tribal Berries on various Savage mobs.
  • “Green Tea” has been renamed to “Basket of Green Tea” to differentiate it from the craftable ingredient.
  • Baskets of Green tea now weigh 1 stone and will stack. This only applies to newly purchased Baskets, old baskets will not stack with new Baskets.
  • Innkeepers in Zento will now stock 1000 Baskets of Green tea.
  • Increased the number of Innkeepers that spawn in the Zento Inn to 3.
YAY!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
About the Ring of Primal Consumption....

Everybody is telling you that the resists are useless. Instead of replacing the resists with other stats, you guys increase the resists?

:facepalm:
It's not a ring anymore..it's a bracelet....if that makes a difference.

Ring of Primal Consumption
  • Changed to a bracelet (TID will update with WW release), Increased Luck to 200, Increased all resists to 20%

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
As far as i know it still is a decent struggle to do so on a luck suit
You can use 1 piece of luck armor that is a major artifact or legendary with decent resists and that takes care of that problem. Global loot has made resist problems a thing of the past

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's not a ring anymore..it's a bracelet....if that makes a difference.

Ring of Primal Consumption
  • Changed to a bracelet (TID will update with WW release), Increased Luck to 200, Increased all resists to 20%
Should we take bets to see if they actually remembered to change the name (ie RING), and not just the graphic?

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Should we take bets to see if they actually remembered to change the name (ie RING), and not just the graphic?
It's written in the publish notes:

TID will update with WW release
The object name (the "TID") hasn't been changed yet, but it will be changed when the publish goes worldwide.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
About the Ring of Primal Consumption....

Everybody is telling you that the resists are useless. Instead of replacing the resists with other stats, you guys increase the resists?

:facepalm:
At least now you can combine it wit the "Compassion's Eye" ring from Tram despise! they were thinking a little bit about it.... Except no one is going to make a 450 luck jewelry set with 0/0 Casting speed and 0/0/0 HCI/DI/DCI with those jewels for a whopping +50 luck over the bleue set. not to mention this item might have durability and won't be pof-able....

Replace the resistances with FC,FCR,SDI // HCI,DI,DCI or have two different variations that drop, one for dexers the other for mages, that would be the best bet (IMO).

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm surprised they made that Halo & the cuffs even better, it's the other artifacts that need buffed... but I'll take it! :D

Buff the other artifacts, remove the Tactics requirement for weapon specials, restore Focus spec SDI to 30% and keep the non-focus spec at 20% SDI caps... then you'll have a good publish!

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Comments about the new Guantlet drop tables:

1. The Midnight Bracers are needed to craft the Cuffs of the Archmage but they are not included in the list of artifacts with equal drop chance, I suggest to add them.
  2. The old artifacts will now drop much less frequently than the new artifacts, but some of them like the Ornament of the Magician are still desirable. I propose to add at least the Ornament to the list of artifacts with equal drop chance.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suggest added Shadow Dancer Leggings as well since they are still widely used (give a thief some love)...

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Comments about the new Guantlet drop tables:

1. The Midnight Bracers are needed to craft the Cuffs of the Archmage but they are not included in the list of artifacts with equal drop chance, I suggest to add them.
  2. The old artifacts will now drop much less frequently than the new artifacts, but some of them like the Ornament of the Magician are still desirable. I propose to add at least the Ornament to the list of artifacts with equal drop chance.
I suggest added Shadow Dancer Leggings as well since they are still widely used (give a thief some love)...
We can certainly rework some of the legacy artifacts back into the main drop list. The goal is to limit the "useless" stuff from decreasing chances at the newer items simply due to their large quantity (which would have been the case before the change).

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For the future possible updates to old content in the game, @Bleak @Kyronix .

Use shadowguard as your base example. There is 5-6 usable drops that come from the encounter, and more importantly the loot that drops on the corpse is what makes it really worth doing. It still a little time consuming but at least when you finish a run youll most likely get something productive for your time invested. Take ideas from this and use it towards future updates to other content that has fallen behind in the game.

Thanks for updating a couple of the new items to being useful coming from the doom revamp, but it could be so much better with a little more into it.

Also the combat changes could have been so much better if you really listened to the group of people that actually showed up on test center to speak with you.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix It sure hasn't changed. Below are my results on the Tribal Berries from today after the patch. Ilshenar south of compassion, killed everything in the fort and outside when they spawned, no luck on suit.
Got 40 drops in about 1 1/2 hours on the following kills:

11 14 18 46 53 76 101 104 105 106 107 110 120 127 142 165 166 168 176 177 190 204 207 210 220 249 261 262 269 278 283 301 302 303 304 306 309 310 317 325

I am done filling any BOD's with these stupid things, grind grind grind

On a further note but still on cooking grind note, the stuff from Samuel - Mento and Secret Sauce is crazy if you are making fish pies, they don't stack and they spawn more on Samuel only after the time lapse and since they are not stackable if you decide to stockpile you better have lots of room.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I can see that they've listened to some of the feedback, and appreciate that, but on some items it's clear they've listened to feedback from multiple sources and resulted in items that still don't fit any purpose. Will need to get in game and see for sure and will provide additional feedback.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
At least now you can combine it wit the "Compassion's Eye" ring from Tram despise! they were thinking a little bit about it.... Except no one is going to make a 450 luck jewelry set with 0/0 Casting speed and 0/0/0 HCI/DI/DCI with those jewels for a whopping +50 luck over the bleue set. not to mention this item might have durability and won't be pof-able....

Replace the resistances with FC,FCR,SDI // HCI,DI,DCI or have two different variations that drop, one for dexers the other for mages, that would be the best bet (IMO).
I'm already planning to. If you're using a protection mage, you can't get FC over 0 anyhow. Though I agree, resists on the bracelet aren't useful, and I'd far rather see closer to the properties I'd suggested in NEWS - [UO.Com] Publish 96 Comes to TC1 . :)

Random Eater 20%
Luck 200
Faster Casting: 1
Faster Cast Recovery: 3
Lower Mana Cost 5%
Lower Reagent Cost 20%
Mana Regeneration 1
Spell Damage Increase 20%

Also, unmentioned as a change in the patch notes, and it might be a bug, but the bracelet that I got on TC1 last night only had 18% eater, not 20%.

I'll second the thoughts on the Halo; I'm loving that piece now. :)

Anyone who wants to compare the new versions with the old versions of the artis, I have before and after pics at the bottom of Publish Notes from 2017-01-25 - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Britches Of Warding.jpg
Britches Of Warding
Much better, they are now a viable option for building a suit.

Gloves Of Feudal Grip.jpg
Gloves Of Feudal Grip

The Deceiver.jpg
The Deceiver
Looks like an Mondains Legacy artifact.
Unusable in PvP, too many useless mods.
Unusable in PvM, no HML means it's only viable on a Wraith, it isn't a good enough weapon for a Wraith, it would need to be on a Whirlwind weapon, levels are too low on everything.
I still haven't tried Sparks, and have no desire to, it may be the most amazing ability ever created but no one is going to use it if it is on a weapon with no purpose. (Apart from in that sense that once every blue moon you see a new player using a Bone Moosher or something because they don't know/have better... which is utterly pointless for a drop at this level.)

The Scholar's Halo.jpg
The Scholar's Halo
Excellent item! Viable for multiple templates and suit builds.

Cuffs Of The Archmage.jpg
Cuffs Of The Archmage
Better and more well rounded than previous iteration. Looks like a worthy upgrade (rather than just a new item).

Glenda.jpg
Glenda
Same as Deceiver.
Mismatched mods for this type of weapon. Unusable anywhere. It's too low base damage for a PvM weapon and doesn't work for PvP.

Primal Consumption.jpg
Ring/Bracelet Of Primal Consumption
No compelling reason to rebuild my Luck suit to accomodate something that gives no more Luck than my current setup. I would imagine most people already using a Luck suit would have the same thought process. Can't see it being used for casters or dexxers due to required other properties.

Bow Of The Infinite Swarm.jpg
Bow Of The Infinite Swarm
I'm not sure how infinite you can really claim the swarm to be at 20% but anyway...
Same as Deceiver/Glenda.
Doesn't work for PvP or PvM.
No reason to care about any of these three weapons or the new effects. Even using Cameos for slayer to be covered, I wouldn't use this weapon because it will cause counter attacks, for the sake of low damage.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix will the bracelet still need ring of elements to craft it? or has that been changed to bracelet of health? The tinker menu on test center hasn't been changed as yet

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
View attachment 60880
Britches Of Warding

View attachment 60881
Gloves Of Feudal Grip

View attachment 60882
The Deceiver
Unusable in PvM, no HML means it's only viable on a Wraith, it isn't a good enough weapon for a Wraith, it would need to be on a Whirlwind weapon, levels are too low on everything.
I still haven't tried Sparks, and have no desire to, it may be the most amazing ability ever created but no one is going to use it if it is on a weapon with no purpose. (Apart from in that sense that once every blue moon you see a new player using a Bone Moosher or something because they don't know/have better... which is utterly pointless for a drop at this level.)

View attachment 60883
The Scholar's Halo

View attachment 60884
Cuffs Of The Archmage
Better and more well rounded than previous iteration. Looks like a worthy upgrade (rather than just a new item).

View attachment 60885
Glenda
Same as Deceiver.
Mismatched mods for this type of weapon. Unusable anywhere. It's too low base damage for a PvM weapon and doesn't work for PvP.

View attachment 60886
No compelling reason to rebuild my Luck suit to accomodate something that gives no more Luck than my current setup. I would imagine most people already using a Luck suit would have the same thought process. Can't see it being used for casters or dexxers due to required other properties.

View attachment 60887
I'm not sure how infinite you can really claim the swarm to be at 20% but anyway...
Same as Deceiver/Glenda.
No reason to care about any of these three weapons or the new effects. Even using Cameos for slayer to be covered, I wouldn't use this weapon because it will cause counter attacks, for the sake of low damage.

The scholars Halo is sick and could argue it's overpowered 20 sdi and fc1 with those kind of resists?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That scholars halo will be a nice replacement for the Wizard's Crystal Reading Glasses.
Bloody thing has nice SDI, MR and MI, but paltry resists. That halo is so much better.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
The scholars Halo is sick and could argue it's overpowered 20 sdi and fc1 with those kind of resists?
I don't see how it can be overpowered. The caps are the same in PvP regardless of how you get there, and FC and SDI are the first two things any self respecting caster is going to cap. In PvM it amounts to 5 more SDI.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Flesh Renderer.jpg
Few observations from doing it as a dexxer...

You can't Armour Ignore the Impalers or Abysmal Horrors. You can still Lightning Strike.

Abysmals are really easy still.

Impalers Blood Oath a lot against dexxers but seemingly not against casters.

The Flesh Renderer's invincible/teleport/80+ damage thing can be easily avoided by breaking line of sight. As seen above if you fight one there, when it turns yellow it freezes to the spot, so you can move around the corner, then when it turns grey/orange again you can repeat until dead.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix It sure hasn't changed. Below are my results on the Tribal Berries from today after the patch. Ilshenar south of compassion, killed everything in the fort and outside when they spawned, no luck on suit.
Got 40 drops in about 1 1/2 hours on the following kills:

11 14 18 46 53 76 101 104 105 106 107 110 120 127 142 165 166 168 176 177 190 204 207 210 220 249 261 262 269 278 283 301 302 303 304 306 309 310 317 325

I am done filling any BOD's with these stupid things, grind grind grind

On a further note but still on cooking grind note, the stuff from Samuel - Mento and Secret Sauce is crazy if you are making fish pies, they don't stack and they spawn more on Samuel only after the time lapse and since they are not stackable if you decide to stockpile you better have lots of room.
I'm not too sure the change was live yet when you tested this?

I can honestly say I just tested this on Baja after the server came back up and I was able to collect 22 berries in 18 mins. I was averaging one berry per every 2-4 female shaman now. I can deal with that. Just wish the shamans themselves spawned slightly faster.

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I don't see how it can be overpowered. The caps are the same in PvP regardless of how you get there, and FC and SDI are the first two things any self respecting caster is going to cap. In PvM it amounts to 5 more SDI.
That's not a rational argument. Just because you cap something doesn't mean a piece of armor isn't overpowered.

When you piece suits you're looking to hit as many caps and when they introduce a piece that could change the current meta, that's when it is overpowered.

To condense this, you could shift meta by allowing suits to reach more caps especially now say in pvp 2/6 casting and 20 sdi is non focused sdi cap. You hit one cap in a single head piece that wasn't possible before with head gear along with the other stats And resists.

MoxZinnia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Not sure I like the changes to the tactics requirement for specials. What is the point to high tactics after this? The only thing I've heard people say it will have is more damage for PvM, but that just makes PvM and PvP builds even more divergent, and I don't see that as a good thing at all.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
...when they introduce a piece that could change the current meta, that's when it is overpowered.
No it isn't. That is diversity. And UO needs a lot more of it. That is after all the entire point of this Doom update - taking some stale items and making them viable. If they're not going to upset the status quo then there would be no point having them at all.

Maybe your definition of overpowered differs from mine. I don't see how an item can be overpowered. It isn't going to miraculously make a mediocre player top tier just because they capped out their suit via a different method. Even if you say that a top tier player can now get an extra property on their jewels because they didn't need 1 FC on one of them, it still isn't overpowered or inbalancing, because there is nothing stopping any other player doing the same. It doesn't cause any huge divide. Or give anyone an unfair advantage because anyone can use it.

Game mechanics can be overpowered.

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
No it isn't. That is diversity. And UO needs a lot more of it. That is after all the entire point of this Doom update - taking some stale items and making them viable. If they're not going to upset the status quo then there would be no point having them at all.

Maybe your definition of overpowered differs from mine. I don't see how an item can be overpowered. It isn't going to miraculously make a mediocre player top tier just because they capped out their suit via a different method. Even if you say that a top tier player can now get an extra property on their jewels because they didn't need 1 FC on one of them, it still isn't overpowered or inbalancing, because there is nothing stopping any other player doing the same. It doesn't cause any huge divide. Or give anyone an unfair advantage because anyone can use it.

Game mechanics can be overpowered.
Do not mistake a power creap as diversity.

The only point I need to make is have you provide an item already existing that has fc1 and that many mods.

You can't. So of course it's desirable.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
The only point I need to make is have you provide an item already existing that has fc1 and that many mods.
Ok, esp if you're excluding jewelery, you make it easy. There's only 7 non-jewelery artifacts with FC to begin with. Arcane Shield, Boomstick, Chaos Shield - Museum of Vesper Replica, Staff of the Magi, and Swords of Prosperity all arguably have the same number of mods as the Halo. The Staff of Pyros has one MORE mod than the Halo. The ONLY artifact with FC that has fewer mods than the Halo is the Helm of Swiftness.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Ok, esp if you're excluding jewelery, you make it easy. There's only 7 non-jewelery artifacts with FC to begin with. Arcane Shield, Boomstick, Chaos Shield - Museum of Vesper Replica, Staff of the Magi, and Swords of Prosperity all arguably have the same number of mods as the Halo. The Staff of Pyros has one MORE mod than the Halo. The ONLY artifact with FC that has fewer mods than the Halo is the Helm of Swiftness.
They're all mage items. Dexers don't use those. Also they are weapons and shield, not armor

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View attachment 60880
Britches Of Warding

View attachment 60881
Gloves Of Feudal Grip

View attachment 60882
The Deceiver

View attachment 60883
The Scholar's Halo

View attachment 60884
Cuffs Of The Archmage

View attachment 60885
Glenda
Same as Deceiver.

View attachment 60886

View attachment 60887
Same as Deceiver/Glenda.

I like your analysis.

The bow would be better with HCI and HLD. Remove the Stamina things and change to mana regen 4. That would make it much better for me. I guess I'm doing something wrong, my archers stamina never drops.

The other weapons would need a complete overhaul.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix I have played very little in the last 1.5 years, so I'm fuzzy on quite a few UO things these days. Will there be a chance we will be able to get the newest recipes from this publish in treasure chests? Can you get the Time of Legends recipes in treasure chests too and the recipes we got as anniversary or holiday gifts, e.g., the 18th anniversary vases? Thanks.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Do not mistake a power creap as diversity.
I'm not. I'm defining diversity as having more options to build your suit.

You can't. So of course it's desirable.
Hephastus. Slim's Shadow Veil.

If you're going to claim that an item is overpowered you would need to provide some actual evidence of it giving an unfair advantage to a person or template. The item doesn't do that. Things that are overpowered are things like when Archers could combine Armour Ignore with Word Of Death to one hit kill people.

Also, if your rational for an item being overpowered is it not previously existing then by that definition every artifact would be considered overpowered, and they're obviously not. You seem to also be saying that for it not to be classed as overpowered it can't be desirable, if it wasn't desirable, what would be the point of it existing?

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix I just saw that my Red Crescent Moon Lamp no longer shows after last nights patch. It toggles between the Red Axe with Sparkles and the Green Sword with Sparkles. When I release it and put in my backpack it shows as the Red Crescent Moon Lamp, soon as I set it back down it turns right into the Axe and Sword.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
They're all mage items. Dexers don't use those. Also they are weapons and shield, not armor
He said anything except jewelery. But even if we're to also exclude weapons and shields, it's still not the first armor piece with FC. As mentioned, Slim's Shadow Veil has FC.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Uh, how many people do you see rolling around with those?

You completely failed the exercise. None of those have comparable mods or item intensity.

Derp

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm not. I'm defining diversity as having more options to build your suit.

Hephastus. Slim's Shadow Veil.

If you're going to claim that an item is overpowered you would need to provide some actual evidence of it giving an unfair advantage to a person or template. The item doesn't do that. Things that are overpowered are things like when Archers could combine Armour Ignore with Word Of Death to one hit kill people.

Also, if your rational for an item being overpowered is it not previously existing then by that definition every artifact would be considered overpowered, and they're obviously not. You seem to also be saying that for it not to be classed as overpowered it can't be desirable, if it wasn't desirable, what would be the point of it existing?
Yep those do not have the near the same item intensity either.

Especially since slims veil is only imbuable and not possible to reach the item intensity.

You failed the exercise.

And by my rational, every artifact is not overpowered. But good straw man argument. Nice try.

These are distributed by the item intensity.

This has 75 total resists, 15 mana increase, 15 lmc, 20 sdi, fc1 AND mr4.

Nothing either of you have mentioned are even comparable.

It's a power creap because item intensitie totals are shifted up.

It's simple math. You add more item intensity potential to a suit, it becomes a power creap. Those are the mechanics.

Am I going to use? Of course I am, who Isn't going to use that?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Especially since slims veil is only imbuable and not possible to reach the item intensity.

You failed the exercise.

And by my rational, every artifact is not overpowered. But good straw man argument. Nice try.

It's simple math. You add more item intensity potential to a suit, it becomes a power creap. Those are the mechanics.

I'd use the Halo even if it were -10 in all resistances with the same properties... literally 100% because of Fc1 & 20% SDI. the rest means little to me. (I'd use it on most of my dexers too)

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'd use the Halo even if it were -10 in all resistances with the same properties... literally 100% because of Fc1 & 20% SDI. the rest means little to me. (I'd use it on most of my dexers too)
Well of course man, it pretty much caps out two stats in one item (using town bonus fc1)

And has other mids with 15 mana inc and 15lnc and 4 Mr

Anyone who doesn't recognize this is a power creap has no idea what they're talking about.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well of course man, it pretty much caps out two stats in one item (using town bonus fc1)

And has other mids with 15 mana inc and 15lnc and 4 Mr

Anyone who doesn't recognize this is a power creap has no idea what they're talking about.
Well, aside from the SDI & the FC1 you can get much better mods on legendary items, LMC is easy to cap out as well as regens and resistances.

I should probably mention, I don't use antique jewels in at least 90% of my suits.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Probably should lower the LMC to 10 as well.
Nah man, screw it. Let them see.

I'm not sure who convinced them this was a good idea, but thanks to them.

I can now increase other mods on my gear.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Well, aside from the SDI & the FC1 you can get much better mods on legendary items, LMC is easy to cap out as well as regens and resistances.

I should probably mention, I don't use antique jewels in at least 90% of my suits.
Legendaries would be the only close argument to the item intensity, but those do not have 20 sdi or fc 1 on one item either, and as far as I know I cant think of any with 15 mana increase and 15 lmc for that matter.

they usually come with a few int bonus mana bonus some sort of eater and lots of resists or the common mage legendaries having casting focus, mana regen, lrc, and some mana increase and the rest made up of around 100 resists.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
You failed the exercise.
Actually there's not a lot in it, but it depends how you chose to weigh the properties, as we're talking about items that wouldn't ordinarily have half of those properties it's not so cut and dry. Hephastus has 10 Parry, SC-1, 2 FC, 5 SR, 15 RPD, 15 DCI, 8 LMC AND 15 Phys. All it really comes down to for that head piece is the 1 FC, is it overpowered to now have 1 FC available in that armour slot? I don't think so.

You're exercise doesn't prove the item is overpowered. Plus it's stupid to set people exercises that they're not obliged to care about with restrictions you made up yourself just to go "see!" afterwards. Good 8 year old argument.

My haloween ghoul statue must be overpowered, no? Name me another Statue in game that is the same shade of orange, looks like a ghoul and makes ghoul noises... see you can't can you... so I must be right... thanks for playing.

The item isn't even in common circulation yet and the way you talk is like it needs nerfing for game balance.

Last edited: