• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Publish 96 comes to Origin, Izumo and Baja

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
splinter is in essence bleed and slow walk without the mana cost, use of a special OR skill requirement (mage weapon procs just as often as 120 swords). It needed this nerf.
I'm aware that splintering = bleed + slow, but it still seems like this disarm/splinter removal was completely unnecessary.

The disarm/splinter proc is irrelevant when referring to "Mage-Weapons" as most people don't go through the trouble to save 10-15 skill points by using a mage-weapon and running only 90.0 weapon skill... (I do) but I'm in the minority I'm sure, nor do mages ever need to disarm a dexer, especially with a splintering weapon. It's essentially a buff to mage-weapons and a nerf to dexers at the same time.

So mages (mage-weapons) auto-attacks = better than dexers after this publish, it's been this way since splintering mage-weapons became a thing... so, nothing's changing with this except dexers get an unnecessary nerf, that's my point.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It was because they removed Saving Throw for Warriors Gifts
Ah yes, they remove the passive that had a "use" and replaced it with something that only helps people with garbage suits...

It's still disappointing that they even bothered with fixing Saving throw so that it worked in pvm, only to turn around and replace it...

However, Disarms immunity timer was increased by 5 seconds (it is now 15 second immunity)... did they bother tying that to Actual weapon skill of the disarmed user? (doubful) I think Mage-weapon users benefit from that as well even if they don't have a "weapon skill", as long as they're using a melee-mage-weapon (and everyone will be).

It's just the wrong nerf (IMO) to handle splintering weapons, when it's only a combination of things that truly make it "OP".

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I'm aware that splintering = bleed + slow, but it still seems like this disarm/splinter removal was completely unnecessary.

The disarm/splinter proc is irrelevant when referring to "Mage-Weapons" as most people don't go through the trouble to save 10-15 skill points by using a mage-weapon and running only 90.0 weapon skill... (I do) but I'm in the minority I'm sure, nor do mages ever need to disarm a dexer, especially with a splintering weapon. It's essentially a buff to mage-weapons and a nerf to dexers at the same time.

So mages (mage-weapons) auto-attacks = better than dexers after this publish, it's been this way since splintering mage-weapons became a thing... so, nothing's changing with this except dexers get an unnecessary nerf, that's my point.
I fail to see how being able to proc 3 specials in 1 AND leave the target completely vulnerable to unleash 35dmg @ 1.25s was 'balanced'.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I fail to see how being able to proc 3 specials in 1 AND leave the target completely vulnerable to unleash 35dmg @ 1.25s was 'balanced'.
It wasn't balanced if you used splinter then switched to a Bow. Melee dexers aren't even guaranteed to get swings off against a splintered target...

If Splintering was OP by itself, you'd see melee-only dexers in UO...

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
It wasn't balanced if you used splinter then switched to a Bow. Melee dexers aren't even guaranteed to get swings off against a splintered target...

If Splintering was OP by itself, you'd see melee-only dexers in UO...
I see plenty of DSers running around. A SW hatchet w/brute is pretty hits like a truck

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I see plenty of DSers running around. A SW hatchet w/brute is pretty hits like a truck
Hehe, yea only if they have an orc brute, splintering doesn't make that OP.

I can tell you though, if there were no Orc brute talis, there wouldn't be any melee dexers in UO. (pvp)

Speaking of which I still need orc brute tali for my 2 mages I'm re-suiting on Atl!

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I personally always though splintering was a dumb addition to the game, just like reactive paralyze and supernovas. But it was meant to give a little help to melee templates that were not being used. People dictated the meta though by playing archers with it which made it ridiculous. It also was because of global loot changes as well enabling the high speed ranged capability. I think they could of just made splintering do one of the two, either proc bleed or proc slow walk, not both at the same time. It should still be able to be used with disarm though. I agree that if someone is running a ranged skill it should negate the splinter once the player switches to a non melee weapon. Maybe even cause a negative hci penalty if ranged is used directly after a splinter hit.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wasn't this publish supposed to be released today? Is there a problem, or are we waiting for additional changes/fixes to be completed?

Scope creep is okay, just don't keep us mushrooms in the dark.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It normally takes 4 weeks TC (2* weeks)>Origon, Izumo, Baja (2 weeks) > Worldwide, if we're lucky we'll get it Tuesday.

*The Testing phase for this publish on TC1 was extended to ~9 weeks for the Combat Changes (the dreaded Tactics requirement was ALMOST REMOVED!, of course, now we need to wait until people realize it was horrible to have it in the first place.... It's only taken them the better part of 10 years.)

Anyway... I do have a question, because I didn't test this on TC1...I can't bring myself to kill Artifact-dropping bosses, on TC, due to the disappointment IF I were to acquire a drop as a reward....

The Dark Father Blood, I assume it's ~20 per corpse, divided among the players with looting rights?

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
It normally takes 4 weeks TC (2* weeks)>Origon, Izumo, Baja (2 weeks) > Worldwide, if we're lucky we'll get it Tuesday.
Pretty much every patch and publish that's hit Origin and Izumo for at least the past year, it's been 2-3 days at most before it went global. I'm not opposed to a long test period, but Baja never was supposed to be a test shard, and blocking transfer to/from 3 shards for weeks at a time is inconvenient at best.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pretty much every patch and publish that's hit Origin and Izumo for at least the past year, it's been 2-3 days at most before it went global. I'm not opposed to a long test period, but Baja never was supposed to be a test shard, and blocking transfer to/from 3 shards for weeks at a time is inconvenient at best.
2-3 days for a publish? unheard of! I've seen 6 days which was somewhat recent, publish 92 or 93-ish was pretty quick... but never within the same work week... at least that I can remember... =D
Nothing ever happens on weekends unless it's an emergency.

I agree with the transfer to/from part for sure... although I have shard-shields I rarely xfer anywhere, it doesn't bother me being temporarily blocked from xfers, but I could see how it affects others, particularly those who sell/trade cross-shard event items etc.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
2-3 days for a publish? unheard of! I've seen 6 days which was somewhat recent, publish 92 or 93-ish was pretty quick... but never within the same work week... at least that I can remember... =D
Well, I was including patches, which if they go to the test shards, tend to be in the 2-3 day range at most. For publishes, though, this is the longest since at least mid 2015:

Pub 95
Origin, Izumo, Baja Release – 11/10/2016
World Wide Release – 11/17/2016

Pub 94
Origin, Izumo & Baja Release – 8/4/2016
World Wide Release – 8/10/2016

Pub 93
First Origin, Izumo and Baja Release – 5/19/2016
Second Origin, Izumo and Baja Release – 5/25/2016
World Wide Release – 5/31/2016

Pub 92
Origin & Izumo Release – 2/23/2016
World Wide Release – 3/2/2016

Pub 91
TC1 Release – 11/5/2015
(skipped Origin and Izumo)
World Wide Release – 11/17/2015

Pub 90
10/3/2015 – Origin & Izumo Update 1 Release
10/8/2015 – World Wide Release

Pub 89
Origin & Izumo Release – 2/18/2016
World Wide Release – 2/23/2015

So...
89: 5 days
90: 5 days
91: 0 days
92: 8 days
93: 12 days
94: 6 days
95: 7 days
96: 14 days (or more)

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ah, I don't including the "update" patches, just the initial release between Origin etc to worldwide.

It's accurate for the most part, though there are a few exceptions.