• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Publish 96 comes to Origin, Izumo and Baja

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I would like to point out that it appears to be most of the complaining is over "lack of enough change to build an even more uber PvP suit".

While some of the new items were not designed all that well, future items/upgrades really do need to be redesigned to where there is a more even division of properties.

Half the items should benefit PvM, Half should benefit PvP (with a few that are good for both).
Each of those halves should be split roughly half useful for warrior types, half useful for casters, tamers and bards. (again, with some overlap).

There's ALREADY too much weight given to specific playstyles as it is, for the designs.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I would like to point out that it appears to be most of the complaining is over "lack of enough change to build an even more uber PvP suit".

While some of the new items were not designed all that well, future items/upgrades really do need to be redesigned to where there is a more even division of properties.

Half the items should benefit PvM, Half should benefit PvP (with a few that are good for both).
Each of those halves should be split roughly half useful for warrior types, half useful for casters, tamers and bards. (again, with some overlap).
I agree with the second half of that. I don't think the complaining has been related to PvP, more just the case of are the items worth the effort of obtaining, obviously there's no point bothering with updating Doom if they're not.

In an ideal world I agree it'd be nice if they split items equally PvM/PvP, and for different classes, but realistically they only ever bother with 'casters' and 'dexxers' in the most generic way as far as items. Tamers get theirs in pets with a fair amount of reliability. And Bards... well I've wanted them to do something for Bards forever, endless suggestions have been made, they always get quashed before even making the drawing board, devs have said (in game on TC to me) that no one is actually interested in anything for Bards which is why they're never on the radar for an update. And when the discussion is on the forums people just go on about them being overpowered already. (Despite most of the games new content being non-Bardable).

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Actually there's not a lot in it, but it depends how you chose to weigh the properties, as we're talking about items that wouldn't ordinarily have half of those properties it's not so cut and dry. Hephastus has 10 Parry, SC-1, 2 FC, 5 SR, 15 RPD, 15 DCI, 8 LMC AND 15 Phys. All it really comes down to for that head piece is the 1 FC, is it overpowered to now have 1 FC available in that armour slot? I don't think so.

You're exercise doesn't prove the item is overpowered. Plus it's stupid to set people exercises that they're not obliged to care about with restrictions you made up yourself just to go "see!" afterwards. Good 8 year old argument.

My haloween ghoul statue must be overpowered, no? Name me another Statue in game that is the same shade of orange, looks like a ghoul and makes ghoul noises... see you can't can you... so I must be right... thanks for playing.

The item isn't even in common circulation yet and the way you talk is like it needs nerfing for game balance.
Yeah, you two brought those items into your argument as a response to me asking for equivalent items.

It is cut and dry, the mods and intensities are a given.

RPD and SR are trash mods on the Hephaestus. The lmc is 8 vs 15. Parry is 10 is okay, but the resists fall about 60 short of the head piece.
DCI is common in all other items.

It's not a question if the fc1 is overpowered, it's the question of fc1 with all the other mods.

It's funny that you argue it's an 8 year old exercise (that you failed) and that you didn't oblige to care about (despite continuing to argue it anyways), I'm sorry to confuse you with logic while expecting you to form some semblance of a rational argument.

The Halloween ghoul part just proves you're in over your head.

The item is in game and the intensity argument is applied to caps. It doesn't need to be in full circulation to measure the intensity of the mods vs other items.

If you didn't want to argue it, you shouldn't have stepped into the ring.

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Slims can be imbued. The Halo cannot.
Do me a favor tell me what you can imbue on slims and then compare it to the new head piece.

Keep in mind this is a mempo, so the intensity limit is probably what 500? Then you can find the weight of fc1 and subtract the difference.

It still won't compare.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

There's ALREADY too much weight given to specific playstyles as it is, for the designs.

Do you believe any of these are overly geared one way or the other?

Just curious.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Do me a favor tell me what you can imbue on slims and then compare it to the new head piece.

Keep in mind this is a mempo, so the intensity limit is probably what 500? Then you can find the weight of fc1 and subtract the difference.

It still won't compare.
You're ignoring that on Slims, you could pick whatever you want to imbue.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, you two brought those items into your argument as a response to me asking for equivalent items.
It is cut and dry, the mods and intensities are a given.
RPD and SR are trash mods on the Hephaestus. The lmc is 8 vs 15. Parry is 10 is okay, but the resists fall about 60 short of the head piece.
DCI is common in all other items.
It's not a question if the fc1 is overpowered, it's the question of fc1 with all the other mods.
It's funny that you argue it's an 8 year old exercise (that you failed) and that you didn't oblige to care about (despite continuing to argue it anyways), I'm sorry to confuse you with logic while expecting you to form some semblance of a rational argument.
The Halloween ghoul part just proves you're in over your head.
The item is in game and the intensity argument is applied to caps. It doesn't need to be in full circulation to measure the intensity of the mods vs other items.
If you didn't want to argue it, you shouldn't have stepped into the ring.
They aren't a given because you can't normally Imbue most of those properties in those slots. For example we know what 10 skill is on jewellery, but as you can't Imbue skill increase on a shield it may not have the same multipler or cap. This is self evident with resists (resist caps on jewels are different to armour, even different armour types). Saying that RPD and SR are trash mods is you cherry picking to suit your argument. I could equally argue that the resists, and mana increase are trash mods on the head piece, you then further undermine yourself by saying that DCI is common elsewhere... well so are all of the properties on that headpiece.

You have used no logic or rational arguments to support your claim that it is overpowered. All you have done is pose a pointless exercise (which you didn't understand when used back against you with the Halloween ghoul) and then clung to that tangent as if it is relevant.

Also, whether the intensities and number of properties are higher than every other item in game or not is irrelevant to the main point which is still that items cannot be overpowered unless they contribute to giving only x players an unfair advantage.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
They aren't a given because you can't normally Imbue most of those properties in those slots. For example we know what 10 skill is on jewellery, but as you can't Imbue skill increase on a shield it may not have the same multipler or cap. This is self evident with resists (resist caps on jewels are different to armour, even different armour types). Saying that RPD and SR are trash mods is you cherry picking to suit your argument. I could equally argue that the resists, and mana increase are trash mods on the head piece, you then further undermine yourself by saying that DCI is common elsewhere... well so are all of the properties on that headpiece.

You have used no logic or rational arguments to support your claim that it is overpowered. All you have done is pose a pointless exercise (which you didn't understand when used back against you with the Halloween ghoul) and then clung to that tangent as if it is relevant.

Also, whether the intensities and number of properties are higher than every other item in game or not is irrelevant to the main point which is still that items cannot be overpowered unless they contribute to giving only x players an unfair advantage.
They are a given because they are set mods. Again this is the comparison of the halo to any other equipment outside of jewelry.

It isn't cherry picking when I compared all the mods and sure you could argue they are trash mods, but you'd be making a fools argument.

I have provided all the logic necessary and even asked you name a comparable item which you failed and then continued to argue it against the Hephaestus.

This was further demonstrated by the item intensity and property caps.

Regardless you used the Halloween ghoul as an intangible argument. You failed to grasp that the statue argument has no relevance to what we are talking about.

Item intensities and mods are exactly what affects the Meta of the game. To provide an example archers were not able to reach 1.25 swing speed a while back because items did not all for enough stats to get them there.

This includes also includes legendary jewelry that has say 50 skill points etc. Now you see people rolling around with 800-900 skill points.

When we argue being overpowered it does not apply strictly in the sense of being unfair (especially since everyone can get it)it applies to the logic that it will affect the meta by a power creap.

But sure, I could be wrong...however given the argument so far, I remain unconvinced.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@Kyronix
patched up.
artwork for the moon lantern given @ xmas time is changed...
it now blinks between the sword and the axe...

(sorry for the rubbing motions, hoping a djin will appear)

Edit to add that I luv the ability to change the play-window in classic. Long time coming and thank you greatly! Now can see those sneaky ppl in pvp and more of my castle while I build! Thank you!

Last edited:

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
They are a given because they are set mods. Again this is the comparison of the halo to any other equipment outside of jewelry.
It isn't cherry picking when I compared all the mods and sure you could argue they are trash mods, but you'd be making a fools argument.
I have provided all the logic necessary and even asked you name a comparable item which you failed and then continued to argue it against the Hephaestus.
This was further demonstrated by the item intensity and property caps.
Regardless you used the Halloween ghoul as an intangible argument. You failed to grasp that the statue argument has no relevance to what we are talking about.
Item intensities and mods are exactly what affects the Meta of the game. To provide an example archers were not able to reach 1.25 swing speed a while back because items did not all for enough stats to get them there.
This includes also includes legendary jewelry that has say 50 skill points etc. Now you see people rolling around with 800-900 skill points.
When we argue being overpowered it does not apply strictly in the sense of being unfair (especially since everyone can get it)it applies to the logic that it will affect the meta by a power creap.
But sure, I could be wrong...however given the argument so far, I remain unconvinced.
They aren't a given. There is no way to measure what 15 LMC on a hat is because you cannot Imbue it to begin with. There is no way to measure what 1 FC is on a hat because you cannot Imbue it to begin with. Same with SDI & MI. You can guess by using the multiplier found on those properties in other slots, but as already pointed out different slots are weighted differently, 100% fire on leather armour might be 15, on plate it might be 17. You could say for properties like the SDI whatever the weight of 10 SDI is and double it, or for the 15 LMC/MI add together what 8 and 7 is, but these are all inaccurate guess methods.

It is cherry picking, you're discounting mods on the Heph for no reason other than your own opinion, just to support your argument. You discount DCI because 'you can get it so easy other places', and you say it like you can't with the mods on the Halo.

Yes it's a desirable item, but it isn't so good you'd need one on every caster, my Bard won't be using one - his head slot piece is better than the Halo, my Tamer won't be using one as they're using a Luck suit. Depending on cost/time obtaining one I may use one on my PvM Necro/Mage/Weaver for the added SDI but every other mod is already easily capped, rebuilding a whole suit for the sake of 8 SDI isn't necessarily worth the effort. If I was rebuilding a caster for PvP then I'd probably look at building from it first. Realistically the item comes down to PvM suits that require SDI, and PvP suits, but you can still build better with Legendaries.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
They aren't a given. There is no way to measure what 15 LMC on a hat is because you cannot Imbue it to begin with. There is no way to measure what 1 FC is on a hat because you cannot Imbue it to begin with. Same with SDI & MI. You can guess by using the multiplier found on those properties in other slots, but as already pointed out different slots are weighted differently, 100% fire on leather armour might be 15, on plate it might be 17. You could say for properties like the SDI whatever the weight of 10 SDI is and double it, or for the 15 LMC/MI add together what 8 and 7 is, but these are all inaccurate guess methods.

It is cherry picking, you're discounting mods on the Heph for no reason other than your own opinion, just to support your argument. You discount DCI because 'you can get it so easy other places', and you say it like you can't with the mods on the Halo.

Yes it's a desirable item, but it isn't so good you'd need one on every caster, my Bard won't be using one - his head slot piece is better than the Halo, my Tamer won't be using one as they're using a Luck suit. Depending on cost/time obtaining one I may use one on my PvM Necro/Mage/Weaver for the added SDI but every other mod is already easily capped, rebuilding a whole suit for the sake of 8 SDI isn't necessarily worth the effort. If I was rebuilding a caster for PvP then I'd probably look at building from it first. Realistically the item comes down to PvM suits that require SDI, and PvP suits, but you can still build better with Legendaries.
Lol you're argument is they can't be measured?

Lol! You can measure the weight of 1 or 5 lmc and multiply it on a bandana...

OR, stay wth me here, you can use the simple logic that the more mods with higher mod properties have higher intensities...I.e 8 lmc is not as intensive and 15 on the halo or any other piece for the matter.

I mean no one is going around saying, man, I really need self repair on my ring. It's just not critical when you can trade mod slots for something more useful.

Whether you use it or not is completely irrelevant, but good luck with your ghoul statues...

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
We can certainly rework some of the legacy artifacts back into the main drop list. The goal is to limit the "useless" stuff from decreasing chances at the newer items simply due to their large quantity (which would have been the case before the change).
Nice, loot drops. Looking forward to this.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Minor suggestion, take the loser artifacts off the gauntlet drops completely, put them on the bone daemon.

Then they become a small bonus rather than a "my doom points got reset to zero and all I got was this lousy berserkers maul" booby prize. Seeing one remains a (small) positive rather than a negative.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Lol you're argument is they can't be measured?
By jingo I think he's got it.

Lol! You can measure the weight of 1 or 5 lmc and multiply it on a bandana...
Oh, maybe not.

As I've already explained why that isn't accurate above I'm just going to say read my last post.

OR, stay wth me here, you can use the simple logic that the more mods with higher mod properties have higher intensities...I.e 8 lmc is not as intensive and 15 on the halo or any other piece for the matter.
Yes, well done, you managed to work out that 8 is less than 15. However, as already explained, that doesn't quantify 20 SDI on an item that you can't Imbue SDI on. It could be 100%, it could be double the % that 10 SDI on jewellery is, it could be none of the above.

I mean no one is going around saying, man, I really need self repair on my ring. It's just not critical when you can trade mod slots for something more useful.
No one is going around not capping any of the properties on the Halo either.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
By jingo I think he's got it.

Oh, maybe not.

As I've already explained why that isn't accurate above I'm just going to say read my last post.

Yes, well done, you managed to work out that 8 is less than 15. However, as already explained, that doesn't quantify 20 SDI on an item that you can't Imbue SDI on. It could be 100%, it could be double the % that 10 SDI on jewellery is, it could be none of the above.

No one is going around not capping any of the properties on the Halo either.
The halo is a bandana hence the logic...

There's no point arguing with you if you can't understand simple math or logic.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Do you believe any of these are overly geared one way or the other?

Just curious.
Any more that most of the loot since the new loot system was changed is potentially overpowered (while making crafters relatively useless), no.

I just see too much crying and wailing over items not meshing with specific suits, all based off single design concepts.

In the old days, artifacts were something you built around to reach caps, not something that had to be "perfect" to replace a single specific item from an ubersuit. One of the things that the concept of artis passed by, I guess.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix @Bleak

Could you all take a look at the max render size inside the Shadowgaurd rooms. I noticed today that there seemed to be a certain size square that would render and everything outside of that radius would turn back into the base bricks. It followed me around in all the rooms I did like a large circle of trans. I am using the 1152x864 window size. Below is a shot of one of the rooms, notice the corners as red brick.

SG Render.png

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix @Bleak

Could you all take a look at the max render size inside the Shadowgaurd rooms. I noticed today that there seemed to be a certain size square that would render and everything outside of that radius would turn back into the base bricks. It followed me around in all the rooms I did like a large circle of trans. I am using the 1152x864 window size. Below is a shot of one of the rooms, notice the corners as red brick.

View attachment 61002
Reworking how these rooms get built is on our list of things to do but requires some additional under the hood tinkering beyond the scope of this publish. Basically, as you have experienced, the SG rooms are built out of dynamics to accommodate the specific experience for that room. This allows us to instance the encounters without having to worldbuild umpteen areas for each of the specific SG experiences. The downside to this is what is shown in the screenshot.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix @Bleak

View attachment 61002
I don't know whether I should laugh or cry. EC users had this problem since shadowguard came out (Why don't they just make 2D in hi-res? 2016). CC users now affected and Devs make an response within a day. I feel so second class citizen in UO I can't even describe.

At least they acknowlegded now how bad the design was in the first place *smh*

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's cuz we have a bigger window now hehe :D
I know ;) And that's pretty cool for all you folks!

But it soo blatantly shows how little they actually care about EC users *shrugs*

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe we are just not multi-boxing enough to have a voice.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Reworking how these rooms get built is on our list of things to do but requires some additional under the hood tinkering beyond the scope of this publish. Basically, as you have experienced, the SG rooms are built out of dynamics to accommodate the specific experience for that room. This allows us to instance the encounters without having to worldbuild umpteen areas for each of the specific SG experiences. The downside to this is what is shown in the screenshot.
By all means, please don't.
Those rooms are already really bad at 250 ms ping, specially Belfry (Belfry and his push mechanics SUCK at 250 ms ping). If you add MORE data to download, it will be nigh unplayable.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix
patched up.
artwork for the moon lantern given @ xmas time is changed...
it now blinks between the sword and the axe...

(sorry for the rubbing motions, hoping a djin will appear)

Edit to add that I luv the ability to change the play-window in classic. Long time coming and thank you greatly! Now can see those sneaky ppl in pvp and more of my castle while I build! Thank you!

That's because you turned it. Turn it back and it will go back to crescent moon. I like that one tho, its like 2 for 1. It should be any easy fix.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
By all means, please don't.
Those rooms are already really bad at 250 ms ping, specially Belfry (Belfry and his push mechanics SUCK at 250 ms ping). If you add MORE data to download, it will be nigh unplayable.
You wouldn't need to download additional data, you would be loading prefabs from the client so you should see an improvement.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You wouldn't need to download additional data, you would be loading prefabs from the client so you should see an improvement.
I am not sure.
Since the viewport was increased to 24 tiles, I keep jumping around on the EC when the screen has more than 10 mobs due to the EC position desync bug far, FAR more often, and that is already annoying enough, and it has led to WAY too many deaths because the client thinks I am at position 1 and targets the closest mob there while I am 7 tiles away from there and thus my character stops attacking
And the shadowguard rooms already take 15 seconds to load here. I am afraid things will only get worse with that.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't know whether I should laugh or cry. EC users had this problem since shadowguard came out (Why don't they just make 2D in hi-res? 2016). CC users now affected and Devs make an response within a day. I feel so second class citizen in UO I can't even describe.

At least they acknowlegded now how bad the design was in the first place *smh*
That's because the QA guy seems to only test stuff in the old CC... I don't think he even knows how to run the EC. And if they argue that he does... then he needs to be fired for all the stuff that gets by him in the EC, or someone else does for their complacency towards how things look and work in the EC. If you are going to QA test you ought to do it in all the available clients. My guess is they just think that little of the people that use the EC.

I've given up complaining about how I can't loot anything at an EM Event that goes public... I'm told to not use Pinco's... which pretty much makes me not want to play. Also told to use the "list view" but when people in the CC are moving stuff around you can't hover over items in the list view to get details of them as they are constantly shifting up and down and up and down in the list... And since I have precious little room in my pack for stuff and weight is a constant issue with my character then I can't just pick it all up. But I would like to look at loot without it crashing the client or making me bugeyed from all the constant shifting. So anymore I just do the event and leave... no looting, no nothing getting to the point though where I wonder why I even maintain a bunch of accounts to just do one event on Tuesday and log.

I'm fed up with the way the game is headed... I don't want to spend hours on end grinding, grinding, grinding.... with next to no return on my time investment. And while many seem to have no issues with that or are blessed by the RNG .... there are many like myself who are cursed by the RNG and what may take them 1/20 it takes me 1/200,000,000,000... and at those odds... there isn't enough time in my life to put into rinse and repeat x 5 billion.... just to get one lousy drop.

Ox_AO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Bug: Did two doom gauntlets runs. Two of us took a while to get all the rooms done then the dark father. when the dark father was on word of death a new person came hit it a couple times and that person got ALL 20 pieces of dark father blood.

Question: Where do you get the new doom artifact recopies?

Thank you

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's because [...]
I wholeheartly agree. I just don't want to go into it any further as I guess I sound embittered enough already ;) If it wasn't UO - which after all is still is a masterpiece in my eyes - I would be long gone johnson.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
That's because you turned it. Turn it back and it will go back to crescent moon. I like that one tho, its like 2 for 1. It should be any easy fix.
I don't want it turned the other way.

Yes, s/b an easy fix on the dev's side to reassign the animation artwork as it should be.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I don't think you understand what logic means.

What is the FC cap on bandanas?
What is the SDI cap on bandanas?

There's no point you arguing with anyone if you can't read or comprehend what is said.
Really? You're trying to twist that into caps ON the item?

Your argument has been four different ones.

Why don't you pick the best one and stick with it? They all are making you look silly though...

I must ask, are you familiar with the term gaslighting?

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
That sounds like it'd explain what I said was happening with houses as well - the statics are fine, but all dynamics are cropped well within the visible range at the corners.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I had a scary thing happen to me on the roof, before this publish - I WoD one of the bosses (VB I think) and it died - so I was teleported to the NEXT boss, up on the platform with Minax and the lich. Don't want to think about what would have happened had I died there and had something on me not insured I didn't want lose.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Really? You're trying to twist that into caps ON the item?
What is the intensity of 1 FC or 20 SDI on a Bandana according to you?

Feel free to keep avoiding answering anything that would actually support your argument.

Your argument has been four different ones.

Why don't you pick the best one and stick with it?
Because I'm capable of having multiple thoughts on a subject and following the train of thought for each one.

For example, that items can't be overpowered to begin with. That this item isn't overpowered. That you can't measure intensity on items that don't normally have those properties the same way as other items due to reasons already given multiple times.

I'm even capable of taking the 'logic' you've used and using it to form an example that shows how stupid your argument was to start with, although, it's hit and miss whether the person is able to comprehend that this is what's happened. Usually they just miss the point.

I must ask, are you familiar with the term gaslighting?
No. I'm also not really familiar with the term 'meta', but I think they both make people sound pretentious, like they're trying to sound like they have a qualification in whatever BS they're talking, or like they have a unique insight into how the game should be that no one else has access to.

Last edited:

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
No. I'm also not really familiar with the term 'meta', but I think they both make people sound pretentious, like they're trying to sound like they have a qualification in whatever BS they're talking, or like they have a unique insight into how the game should be that no one else has access to.
"Gaslighting is a form of manipulation that seeks to sow seeds of doubt in a targeted individual or group, hoping to make the target question their own memory, perception, and sanity. Using persistent denial, misdirection, contradiction, and lying, it attempts to destabilize the target and delegitimize the target's belief."

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Well this explains a lot.

Look man, I know you're struggling with your arguments and have failed on every single one of them.

Listen, it's not logical to assume there's no intensity because the mods cannot be imbued on that piece. Which is a point in itself because those two mods combined have not been added to any other piece of the 6 main pieces of armor, let alone with all the other mods.

Even at worst, you can make a rational deduction that there'd be a min and max intensity based on other items. I know this has been difficult for you to grasp, because you're sticking with the "how do you know, you can't imbue them and the intensities are different" argument.

Even then you could make another rational deduction scaling it against the other known item intensities.

I mean, I will literally go on test and grab all these intensities for you if pictures are your thing.

But to assume they're not overpowered because they may not be directly measurable, is a fallacy.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm finding a minor issue with the new screen sizes to be becoming annoying.
While I now have a larger play screen, the Targeting area still seems to use the old tiny window.
I used to be able to double click a mob at the edge of the screen to initiate aggression, now I have to run over to them before I can double click.
I'm not meaning increasing the distance of weapons, just the distance to target them.

Would it be possible to increase the targeting area to fit the new screen sizes?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would it be possible to increase the targeting area to fit the new screen sizes?
I am thinking this could cause issues. Not everyone will be on the same size screen, thus you might end up having things target you that aren't even on your screen if you use a smaller size.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm thinking it could be linked to the selection of the screen size?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am thinking this could cause issues. Not everyone will be on the same size screen, thus you might end up having things target you that aren't even on your screen if you use a smaller size.
How does the EC handle this, does it have a fixed distance?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How does the EC handle this, does it have a fixed distance?
Yes, we all have the same number of tiles "range". With a large screen in EC, you wouldn't have been able to target something at the edge of your screen before. most CC users could because our screen size was small. Now that we can see more, we can't always target at the edge of the screen. IMO, it should stay as is.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm thinking it could be linked to the selection of the screen size?
That would be messy. Consider PvP... two players with different size screens... does one get a range advantage over the other one simply by virtue of their screen size? Or EM events, do some get to stand further away from the boss just by having a larger screen? If you only consider solo play, your suggestion would make sense... not so sure I think it does for UO.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would be messy. Consider PvP... two players with different size screens... does one get a range advantage over the other one simply by virtue of their screen size? Or EM events, do some get to stand further away from the boss just by having a larger screen? If you only consider solo play, your suggestion would make sense... not so sure I think it does for UO.
No. The range limits of casting and weapons still apply. It does have the advantage in letting you see further than you could before, but that's really about it.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, as I said i'm not talking about the weapon distances, just the ability to target.
It should be noted that monsters can already target me from across the screen, I cannot until they come into the "old tiny screen" range.
It should not affect PvP as they are all fist casters these days anyway and I strongly doubt any of them are using less than the full width screen now anyway, but as long as they stay out of weapon distance there would be no change.