• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
try on tc with a new character...
Decided it had to be just me so I rebooted my pc and reset my modem and router...... much better now...

And loving all the new updates Pinco.....

Still though in the house custom menu it does NOT give you the details of the roofing tiles...... in 2d it says "NW Corner" and such when you mouse over the tiles.... it does NOT do that in the EC.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Decided it had to be just me so I rebooted my pc and reset my modem and router...... much better now...

And loving all the new updates Pinco.....

Still though in the house custom menu it does NOT give you the details of the roofing tiles...... in 2d it says "NW Corner" and such when you mouse over the tiles.... it does NOT do that in the EC.
that's what it is as default...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So no way to put in there the facings of the Tiles?

Or is that a DEV thing they have to fix?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So no way to put in there the facings of the Tiles?

Or is that a DEV thing they have to fix?
there is nothing to fix, the gump is designed as it is and adding the tooltip means detect every id of every piece and label it...

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
What kind of lag? Anything specific? Did you ping your shard to make sure it's not your connection? ping shardname.owo.com (i.e. ping atlantic.owo.com)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, seems the time is up. If you find more bugs, report it in the right place and when I come back (april) I'll take care of them.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
there is nothing to fix, the gump is designed as it is and adding the tooltip means detect every id of every piece and label it...
Yeah well trying to build a roof without having the pieces labeled like they are in the 2d client super stinks. Infact it makes me go into the 2d client to do the designs..... since I can't tell What tile is what in the EC.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah well trying to build a roof without having the pieces labeled like they are in the 2d client super stinks. Infact it makes me go into the 2d client to do the designs..... since I can't tell What tile is what in the EC.
I'd rather avoid the graphics topic or I could say something that I'll regret...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'd rather avoid the graphics topic or I could say something that I'll regret...
It's not about the graphics it's about the labeling... If I can't tell what facing the tiles are it's impossible to build a roof.

EC Menu.png 2d Client menu.png

This is what I'm talking about! WHY is this not in your UI????????

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not about the graphics it's about the labeling... If I can't tell what facing the tiles are it's impossible to build a roof.

View attachment 12210 View attachment 12211

This is what I'm talking about! WHY is this not in your UI????????
because the gump was not designed to give such info, so I had to manually label every piece and it takes a lot of time... right now my time is up :p
post it on my site so I will remember about that...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
because the gump was not designed to give such info, so I had to manually label every piece and it takes a lot of time... right now my time is up :p
post it on my site so I will remember about that...
Will do. And sorry you would have to do that... maybe I'll make them do it. Should be there by default wouldn't you think?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will do. And sorry you would have to do that... maybe I'll make them do it. Should be there by default wouldn't you think?
They should do a lot of things, but they are too few and they have not enough time to do everything...

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, When you die the map shows you where all the healers are located! Is it possible to make a toggle for this when you are alive?
I'd love to see this as well - to be able to see the locations of wandering healers while still alive. :) Thanks!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this morning I had some time and I used a trial account to make some changes:

Version 5.731

• Test fix for stucking healthbars.
  • Now the relic items will be shown again at the top if the loot sort is active.
  • Fixed a typo on earrings slot description.
  • The lost items text is now visible in the new item properties layout.
  • The poison charges text is now visible in the new item properties layout.
  • Improved the moongate gump: now it shouldn't miss the choosen location. NOTE: the default location will be reset after the patch.
  • The item comparison now is disabled by default.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this morning I had some time and I used a trial account to make some changes:

Version 5.731

• Test fix for stucking healthbars.
  • Now the relic items will be shown again at the top if the loot sort is active.
  • Fixed a typo on earrings slot description.
  • The lost items text is now visible in the new item properties layout.
  • The poison charges text is now visible in the new item properties layout.
  • Improved the moongate gump: now it shouldn't miss the choosen location. NOTE: the default location will be reset after the patch.
  • The item comparison now is disabled by default.

Is there an issue with the download for version update? Every time I launch UI Patcher it passes the internet connection test then gets stuck on downloading version file at 0%.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there an issue with the download for version update? Every time I launch UI Patcher it passes the internet connection test then gets stuck on downloading version file at 0%.
the patch server is under maintenance, it should come back in few minutes...

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I wasn't having many problems with health bars, so I'm not noticing any major difference. :)

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll try and get on tonight to try out the new patch. I had constant problems with health bars when taming cu sidhes (and then killing them off and taming new ones). After a few cycles of tame/release, tame/release, the health bars would stop updating. Fingers crossed!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a great news!
I found what cause the memory leak while crafting, and with this all the memory leak will be gone for good = no more lag or crashes for lag :D

Last edited:

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
I have a great news!
I found what cause the memory leak while crafting, and with this all the memory leak will be gone for good = no more lag or crashes for lag :D
WOW, that would be EPIC!! Constantly have to restart EC when working with BOD books or other gumps currently. :danceb:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WOW, that would be EPIC!! Constantly have to restart EC when working with BOD books or other gumps currently. :danceb:
I've tested this problem for several days, but now I've fixed it :D
pratically now by crafting 80 items the fps goes from 30 to 18, with this fix the fps stays at 30 without reducing at all... so no more lag :p

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so, any improvements on the healthbars with the last patch?
Tamed for about 2 hours last night. After an hour, the health bars got stuck again :(

I was taming cu sidhes while riding an ethy. I'm not sure if the ethy has anything to do with it, but it seems to happen after instances where I jump off the ethy and onto the freshly tamed cu to ride it out of the (slow) sand up top. Then I dismount the cu, sic it on a wild one, and that's when the healthbars are frozen. They stay frozen even if I leave the area and go to town and back. Could just be coincidence with the ethy... thought I'd mention it just in case!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tamed for about 2 hours last night. After an hour, the health bars got stuck again :(

I was taming cu sidhes while riding an ethy. I'm not sure if the ethy has anything to do with it, but it seems to happen after instances where I jump off the ethy and onto the freshly tamed cu to ride it out of the (slow) sand up top. Then I dismount the cu, sic it on a wild one, and that's when the healthbars are frozen. They stay frozen even if I leave the area and go to town and back. Could just be coincidence with the ethy... thought I'd mention it just in case!

mmm I don't know, I'll take a look hoping in something fixable.... :p

Pinco is the crafting fix already in 5.733?
no, it will be part of the next version...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
here it is another spoiler of the next version:
  • Added a new map tool: the Compass.
    • Through the context menu on the map window, now you can "Magnetize Compass". By doing that, the compass appears and the needle will start pointing toward the selected location.
    • Under the compass you will be able to see the distance between you and the selected location.
    • The red part of the needle is the right way to go.
    • The more you get near the magnetized location, the more the needle will start shaking. When the distance is 0, the needle starts to spin randomly.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow that sounds pretty sweet :drool:
I thought that happen too often to have to open the map and scroll when you are trying to reach some place (like sos locations)... in this way you just need to enable it and follow the compass :D
it's also useful if you have to follow a party member (or a tracked target) :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is another spoiler:
all the npc vendors will have a search box.

Since with the new patch many of the armor improving reagents must be bought from the npc blacksmith and those npc have a huge amount of items, I think this will come pretty handy :D

keleran

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have downloaded Pincos UI and been messing around with it for the last 10 hours. I have Windows 7 and it would not let me install NET 2.0 saying is is already installed. Checking my registry, it is there and current. When I run patcher, I get the following:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified

at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(String fileName)

at ECPlaySound.PlaySound.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5466 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

EC PlaySound

Assembly Version: 1.5.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.5.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files(x86)/Electronic%20Arts/Ultima%20Online%20Enhanced%20Client/EC%20PlaySound.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5468 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

What exactly does this mean and how can I go about fixing this? There were no registry errors on sfc/scannow and the 2.0 version is in the registry. Please help. ICQ 605307696 (Tristan Agrivar)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you need at least .NET version 3 do you not? Mind you, that should be included with Win 7. But you are correct in your guess, there is something definitely amiss with .NET on your Windows.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have downloaded Pincos UI and been messing around with it for the last 10 hours. I have Windows 7 and it would not let me install NET 2.0 saying is is already installed. Checking my registry, it is there and current. When I run patcher, I get the following:

What exactly does this mean and how can I go about fixing this? There were no registry errors on sfc/scannow and the 2.0 version is in the registry. Please help. ICQ 605307696 (Tristan Agrivar)
the framework 2 is already part of win 7. This error come from the fact that you have installed the UI in the WRONG FOLDER.
Just follow the setup guide.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you need at least .NET version 3 do you not? Mind you, that should be included with Win 7. But you are correct in your guess, there is something definitely amiss with .NET on your Windows.
no, it's not the same. Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0 and 4.0 are all different things, but on win 7 there are almost all if you did the windows updates :p

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I take it all back. You have it installed in the WRONG FOLDER... :p

keleran

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the framework 2 is already part of win 7. This error come from the fact that you have installed the UI in the WRONG FOLDER.
Just follow the setup guide.
From your setup guide:

"Now that you have located this folder, open the file downloaded and move the whole content of the zip file into the game folder that we have located before.
For example if your game folder is the one we said above, all the FILES from the zip archive must go into:
"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced Client"
or if you are using a 64 bit system:
"C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced Client"
NOTE: Make sure the zip program do it's job without create folders or the patcher will not works!"

I opened the zip file and moved the files to C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced Client since I run 64 bit Win7 system. I still get the error above. According to your guide, I am putting it in the correct spot but it is still not working. :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From your setup guide:

"Now that you have located this folder, open the file downloaded and move the whole content of the zip file into the game folder that we have located before.
For example if your game folder is the one we said above, all the FILES from the zip archive must go into:
"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced Client"
or if you are using a 64 bit system:
"C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced Client"
NOTE: Make sure the zip program do it's job without create folders or the patcher will not works!"

I opened the zip file and moved the files to C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced Client since I run 64 bit Win7 system. I still get the error above. According to your guide, I am putting it in the correct spot but it is still not working. :)
make sure is NOT in a sub folder, 90% of the times the unzip program creates it automatically.
and be sure the game is installed in that folder too, maybe you installed it somewhere else :p

keleran

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
make sure is NOT in a sub folder, 90% of the times the unzip program creates it automatically.
and be sure the game is installed in that folder too, maybe you installed it somewhere else :p
It is not but the Pinco UI is in a UserInterface folder, is it not supposed to be there? I also had my Legacy and Sygian Abyss folders in a completely different area...gonna try that. If you can, I requested help from ICQ from you if you are available.

keleran

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is not but the Pinco UI is in a UserInterface folder, is it not supposed to be there? I also had my Legacy and Sygian Abyss folders in a completely different area...gonna try that. If you can, I requested help from ICQ from you if you are available.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no. You must unzip all in the MAIN GAME FOLDER no userinterface or desktop or any other folder.

keleran

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no. You must unzip all in the MAIN GAME FOLDER no userinterface or desktop or any other folder.
I think I need to go to bed and hit this with a clear head. I will re-install the EC client to get a clean slate and try this over again step by step. Sorry I have been difficult but I have been working on this all night. :(

I will give you an update later on today.