• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Updated Publish 81 on TC1

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sure not all twohanded weapons will be useful but there is more choice, same with armor :)
but SO MANY more will be right? ;)

all the sudden i am super intrigued with:

bardiche
long spear
pitchfork
pike
hatchet
ornate axe
daisho
battle axe

Go look at the specials of these weapons, and now consider that YOU CAN NOW CHUG POTS WITH THEM. Some of these weapons special combinations are amazing, and can now be widely used. Sure some weapons won't be used, but at this point it is more because of their special combination than their speed. Should i throw out there that base damage is underrated in pvp again?

I just have to strongly recommend that two-handed and balanced should be treated as 1 handed in regards to parrying.

BTW, all of these weapons have max speed achievable through stam and ssi if so desired.

Very excited.

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone with Armor Refinements, needs to test Woodland armor, then enhance the armor with heartwood, if you get the random-"Mage Armor" is the refinement removed?

Mages, should get near Nothing, from this publish! they're fine the way they are.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For my tests, I had quite a few "expected" mana cost calculations come out with 0.5 fractions (i.e. 22.5 mana cost). To make my math easier, I started with 100 mana. After casting I noticed that the mana cost rounded up to an even 23, as I dropped from 100 to 77 mana.

42.5 mana cost brought me from 100 to 57.
47.5 mana cost brought me from 100 to 52.
etc. etc.

However, I'd be interested to know what < .5 would round to. (i.e. 22.3)
Well later tonight, i will probably tell you lol.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People asked for armor and weapons to be made more usable, who asked to have stamina messed with? All I really do is hunt mid/high level mobs if I can't do that after this patch then well, not sure what use I have for the game any longer. Not a threat just a realization...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In case you haven't checked it out yet, this is a quick and dirty screen shot of the new CC status bar that you get if you run the cient_tc file (be sure to Run as Administrator, if applicable). I can get it to open on shards other than TC but don't know if it's completely supported yet.

New Status Bar.jpg

Last edited:

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From my understanding of the notes, Whirlwind will be adding some nice damage, in addition to being a nice choke point move for dexers.
Armor Pierce behaves like Curse for dexers now.
Concussion is beefier.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People asked for armor and weapons to be made more usable, who asked to have stamina messed with? All I really do is hunt mid/high level mobs if I can't do that after this patch then well, not sure what use I have for the game any longer. Not a threat just a realization...
I am sure you will be fine. The stamina loss with leather armor has not changed.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am sure you will be fine. The stamina loss with leather armor has not changed.
How about the diminishing returns that one of the posters above showed with Swoop? That's not how things work now...

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about the diminishing returns that one of the posters above showed with Swoop? That's not how things work now...
Well I do think maybe stamina loss needs to be adjusted at low health levels. But I think that poster also said they didn;t drink a refresh pot and you will still be able to chug those. I do think they should probably unnerf divine fury though. But really from the tests I have done things seem fine. Though to be fair i am a human and I think that tester did say they were an elf right? So that may have effected his results too. But I wouldn;t worry too much. Or go on test and test if yourself if you can and give feedback. :)

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone with Armor Refinements, needs to test Woodland armor, then enhance the armor with heartwood, if you get the random-"Mage Armor" is the refinement removed?
The answer is no. See screen shot below of gorget I made from normal wood, refined, and then enhanced with heartwood.
mage armor on refined woodland armor enhanced with heartwood.jpg

Unfortunately, most of the enhancements I've tried so far have caused the piece to be lost. But I do have some refined/enhanced pieces now with DI, HCI, and bumped resists from enhancing with heartwood.

Also, I did create a woodland gorget from normal wood and then enhanced it with heartwood to get mage armor on it, and when I tried to refine it, got the message that you can only refine non-medable armor.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

long spear
hatchet
ornate axe

Very excited.
These are all im interested in.

Long spear: para, ai, para, ai rinse repeat and it's fun too especially on a ninja or tact mage

Hatchet: shoulda always been a one handed wep. How many rl hatchets you ever seen that take both hands?

Ornate axe: Before this boost you could rock 70 damage special with all 120s, gm lumberjack, 100di and con wep. Someone should test it now.

I've got my eye on a wep nobody has really paid much attention to.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

bardiche
long spear
pitchfork
pike
hatchet
ornate axe
daisho
battle axe

Go look at the specials of these weapons, and now consider that YOU CAN NOW CHUG POTS WITH THEM. Some of these weapons special combinations are amazing, and can now be widely used. Sure some weapons won't be used, but at this point it is more because of their special combination than their speed. Should i throw out there that base damage is underrated in pvp again?

I just have to strongly recommend that two-handed and balanced should be treated as 1 handed in regards to parrying.

BTW, all of these weapons have max speed achievable through stam and ssi if so desired.

Very excited.
Yeah those weapons certainly look like they may be worth using! Thats not all of the ones that look good either I have been looking at a list of twohanded weapons and their specials on uoguide. http://www.uoguide.com/Two-Handed_Weapon there is quite a few that have me thinking they are potential choices as well! Not just for pvp but also have to consider pvm as well. A weapon that may not be useful in pvp because it doesn;t have the right specials could still be useful in pvm. I mean I would never use a halberd in pvp but in pvm I have and its actually pretty good. Using the blaze of death *at least I think that was what it is called* was actually quite effective for instance at things like ratchamp spawns. Now I could make a weapon with max di max ssi balanced with repond slayer and for instance hit 50 cold area and if you donlt want balanced you could always have max hit spell effect as well :) I bet something like that would be awesome! But I am excited too! :)

Last edited:

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These are all im interested in.

Long spear: para, ai, para, ai rinse repeat and it's fun too especially on a ninja or tact mage

Hatchet: shoulda always been a one handed wep. How many rl hatchets you ever seen that take both hands?

Ornate axe: Before this boost you could rock 70 damage special with all 120s, gm lumberjack, 100di and con wep. Someone should test it now.

I've got my eye on a wep nobody has really paid much attention to.
Yeah I think it may be time for me to train up macing and fencing just to increase my options! :p I really like the long spear now too!

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think thats how it always worked. More stam loss at lower health.
I was the person that tested on the swoop and I believe the diminishing returns are in regards to the stamina leach affect. Not the new stamina stuff on the armor. The character being used was for testing was a copy from the production shard. On Production I can farm swoops and leech stamina back with no issues, On test I am unable to maintain the swing speed due to stamina leech and the diminishing return stuff. IN other words if you depended on leeching stamina to maintain your swing speed you will most likely need to use the blacksmith armors as the other types will be a hard time to keep the stamina up.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was the person that tested on the swoop and I believe the diminishing returns are in regards to the stamina leach affect. Not the new stamina stuff on the armor. The character being used was for testing was a copy from the production shard. On Production I can farm swoops and leech stamina back with no issues, On test I am unable to maintain the swing speed due to stamina leech and the diminishing return stuff. IN other words if you depended on leeching stamina to maintain your swing speed you will most likely need to use the blacksmith armors as the other types will be a hard time to keep the stamina up.

This is the same issue I ran into while doing a Cora on test. Since I have done them alot on normal shards I thought it was a good example to use and the leech does not come close to the same as before. All in all it's a nerf for everyone without much reasoning save to make the game more annoying.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since it's clear you can apply the armor refinement to player-crafted armor made from special materials and can enhance refined armor without it losing the modifications from the refinement process (if it survives enhancing), it would probably also be a good idea to see if you can use refinement on nonmeddable artifact armor. Is there such a thing? Can anyone think of any that would be worth experimenting with? I'm getting kind of overwhelmed at this point and am just not as up-to-date on all the different artifacts out there as I'm sure a lot of other people are. Hopefully if there are some, they will show up on Test with the "give arties" command (or however it's spelled). Also, is there any craftable armor that requires knowledge of a recipe that is nonmeddable that should be tested to see if it can be refined? Sorry, my brain is just going "blech" right now at the thought of sifting through more stuff at the bank on Test.

Last edited:

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'd like to point out that Cetric is the single most optimistic person on the board when it comes to Publish 81 and even he spent an entire bold-type paragraph talking about how Refinements and the new DCI/HLD thing are confusing and won't be used.

But don't worry devs, you know better.

You're totally not a bunch of confused latecomers running a game you don't understand into the ground.

Chrome

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The formula of stamina reduction in TC1 (A).
A = Stam * Dam / HP +5 - Bonus

Stam : Stamina value just before receiving a damage
Dam : Received damage
HP : HP just before receiving a damage
Bonus : Total for five parts is computed in the high order of a bonus (0 ~ 35).

Bonus to stamina loss reduction
No-wear : Bonus=0
Mediable Armor Piece : Bonus=2 (same as Pub80)
Stud, Samurai Stud, Bone, Hide, Woodland and Stone : Bonus=3.5
Metal and Dragon : Bonus=7

Example : Stamina loss on Stam=180, HP=120, Damage=30
No-wear : 50
Mediable 5parts : 40
Stud 5parts : 33
Metal 5parts : 15

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Last edited:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

did you find this yourself somehow or did a dev detail the formula?

Because if that is true, take this into account

you have 150 stam
you take 25 damage
you have 125 hit points
you are wearing 5 pieces of metal armor (7 bonus each) and mace and shield glasses (presuming 2?)

150*25/125+5-37= -2

You would of taken 0 stam loss?

Then the following hit, lets say its 30 damage

you have 150 stam
you take 30 damage
you have 100 hp
same armor (37 bonus)

150*30/100+5-37= 13 stam loss

Last edited:

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Curse is overpowered as there isn't a effective counter for it. The best you can do it toss resist on your temp to reduce the effect but nothing can counter it. Yes you can eat a apple but it gets reapplied. You can cast a chiv spell, if you fit the skills into a cramped temp, but it just gets reapplied. in the case of mage vs mage it's a equal trade off as both players can cast it thus negating the effect but there is nothing a dexxer can do that causes such stat loss to the other player.
And mages can also cast fields, walls of stone, and teleport, all of which other classes can't do (except ninjas can teleport in stealth). Does that mean that they're overpowered too? How about mortal wound? I cannot mortal wound on my mage, and I would just LOVE to mortal wound. So you know what? It's overpowered.

Oh and btw, if you think Curse is overpowered, look at the damage Mages do without it. As a matter of fact, look at the damage Mages do WITH IT, compared to other classes, like lets say... A Thrower? or a Death-Striker? I'll grant you, it's a powerful spell. But EVERY class has powerful stuff. The point is, it's not too powerful.

Last edited:

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

you have 150 stam
you take 25 damage
you have 125 hit points
you are wearing 5 pieces of metal armor (7 bonus each) and mace and shield glasses (presuming 2?)

150*25/125+5-37= -2

you have 150 stam
you take 30 damage
you have 100 hp
same armor (37 bonus)

Hmm good point maybe those numbers aren;t accurate then.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no it might be, i really wanna know where the formula came from, because it does seem pretty close.
Yeah I was curious where he got the formula too because from what I have seen we haven;t gotten an exact formula. It would be nice if one of the devs posted a formula though.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In case you haven't checked it out yet, this is a quick and dirty screen shot of the new CC status bar that you get if you run the cient_tc file (be sure to Run as Administrator, if applicable). I can get it to open on shards other than TC but don't know if it's completely supported yet.

View attachment 12781
I hope this is what we get in reply to this.
They REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need to give us something that is like the gump when you mouse over your char on Test Center with everything on it. PLZ PLZ PLZ
We thought so too. We've got a solution for this already in the works!
and it goes to prodo shards as well.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
So like, what are you guys telling each other back at the bunker?

"All right guys, positive reaction to the DCI/HLD/Refinement thing is almost zero, but we're pushing ahead because..."

Because what? Because you figure we're all lying when we say we hate it? Because you think the more casual types who don't read forums or patch notes will embrace it? Those people are WAY easier to confuse than we are.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because what? Because you figure we're all lying when we say we hate it? Because you think the more casual types who don't read forums or patch notes will embrace it? Those people are WAY easier to confuse than we are.

Very well said on that. I think the thing a lot of people forget is that many players do not even know these forums exist. They know stratics exists, but do not realize there is a forum there. How would they have a clue what refinements do?

Sure a power gamer with spreadsheets can pick this up and get it going, but others may not at all. If you didn't see the chart someone posted, how would ANYONE know that x x resist comes first then x x on plate armor with a refinement...

Last edited:

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And mages can also cast fields, walls of stone, and teleport, all of which other classes can't do (except ninjas can teleport in stealth). Does that mean that they're overpowered too? How about mortal wound? I cannot mortal wound on my mage, and I would just LOVE to mortal wound. So you know what? It's overpowered.

Oh and btw, if you think Curse is overpowered, look at the damage Mages do without it. As a matter of fact, look at the damage Mages do WITH IT, compared to other classes, like lets say... A Thrower? or a Death-Striker? I'll grant you, it's a powerful spell. But EVERY class has powerful stuff. The point is, it's not too powerful.
It's totally reasonable that a mage could/would have stuff like walls, teleport and various fields as this has normally been the way of RPG games. Mages have eval just as dexxers have tactics for thier damage bonus but no other class has something that enhances the damage burst the same way curse does. Every mage can do any special that any other class can, you have to roll the 90 tactics like everyone else so stop saying that you can't use them because, if so desired, you could.

Give dexxers a hit curse mod and I'd be happy, thought others would call for thier mom's.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Also I'll just throw this out here again, since I'd love to see it fixed now that people might actually wear plate.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank You. Is there any way we will be able to resize this. Standard size monitor running CC, this thing is kind of big.
You're welcome. Unfortunately that's the size its going to be and resizing it isn't within the capabilities of the CC (she's a fickle beast). We tried to keep it as small as possible while still giving as much information as possible to make building your suit with the classic client not require the fabled "spread sheet." Sure if you want to squeeze every last mod you'd need to go that route (Personally I always used post-its), but between the various armor crafting abilities available I was able to build my suit comfortably and easily while just swapping out equipment and looking at the stat window. Admittedly I did have various webpages up (UO.com, UOGuide, Stratics) when figuring out exactly what I wanted and how to get it, but I think that's been UO since as long as I can remember...did anyone else have the stratics crafting guide printed out in a 3 ring binder next to their PC? Ok, maybe I was just that big of a nerd....*grins* That's UO though, it wouldn't be much of anything without the community behind it. The out of game stuff is sometimes just as fun as being in game. I know for me being able to log on to stratics and read the guides and essays was the fix I needed while I couldn't be in game while things like school got in the way. We try to provide as much information in game (like the Armor Refiner NPCs, Item Property guide) to allow the player to make an informed decision while not breaking immersion too much. While we can't cover all the ins-and-outs of Britannia in game that's where the amazing work of so many comes in providing playguides, essays, and the like.

I've seen a lot of comments about the complexity of refining and we are working to streamline and simplify the refining process based on some of the conversations we've had with the testers on TC (I have to tip my hat to Tina, she's been a testing machine!) and from out of game feedback as well. A smart guy once said, "There's a problem with opening Pandora's Box - you can't close it." I think we can all agree that our Pandora's Box is wide open(AoS, Enhancing, Imbuing, Reforging, Refining). I'll save the debate for whether or not it should've stayed closed or not for another day, but that's the hand we've got and we need to build from there.

One of our goals is to revitalize the crafter profession so that even if you don't want to get into the nitty gritty of suit building, there is someone else who will. Another player pointed out that some time ago it seemed like crafters were all but extinct and now that isn't the case. That gives me a warm fuzzy.

Well I've rambled on for long enough and I think my muffins are about to burn. Thanks again everyone for testing and giving feedback!

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think we can all agree that our Pandora's Box is wide open(AoS, Enhancing, Imbuing, Reforging, Refining). I'll save the debate for whether or not it should've stayed closed or not for another day, but that's the hand we've got and we need to build from there.!

Actually, we have been dealt all of those hands, except for Refining. You are currently dealing that hand...

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
One of our goals is to revitalize the crafter profession so that even if you don't want to get into the nitty gritty of suit building, there is someone else who will. Another player pointed out that some time ago it seemed like crafters were all but extinct and now that isn't the case. That gives me a warm fuzzy.
So this is the very first time in the course of this debate that any of our developers have condescended to explain one of their design goals to us, and I for one find it extraordinarily illuminating.

We aren't supposed to understand WTF is going on here.

Think about it. If you decide to refine your armor, your first inclination will be to just log onto your mule and do it. (It's 2013, almost everyone has a mule, and if they don't then they're easy enough to make.) But if everyone is just hopping onto their mules, then they're not doing their part to "revitalize the crafting profession" are they?

So how do you separate the "crafting professionals" from every other slob with a mule? You make the process so heinously overcomplicated that the masses will give up and pay a "crafting professional" to figure it out rather than even deal with it themselves. That's why this whole proposal is such a tortured boondoggle.

It's also why reforging was a poorly-documented mess.

It's why firing a single shot from a ship cannon requires four or five different crafted widgets that all take three or four steps to make each.

It's why we're reading a bunch of hooey about how Kyronix thinks it's just such scrumptious fun to have to pore over reams of player-researched documentation, and how he used to keep a book next to his computer.

It's why he's using that clumsy "Pandora's Box" metaphor to tell us that this is just how it's going to be from now on.

I will say it now, and absolutely defy any developer to disagree with me, that if you don't like seeing the game get orders of magnitude more complicated every time they add something, then you are just plain out of luck from now on. (At least until EA fires everyone again.) This development team is committed on a fundamental level to overwhelming complexity as a means of guiding economic behavior.

They may still tweak it a bit, but we will get Refinement whether anyone ever has a good word to say about it or not. We will get it, and most of us will not come anywhere close to understanding it, because if we did then we wouldn't have to "revitalize the crafting profession" by finding someone who knows "the nitty gritty."

They don't seem to have considered the fact that, if at all possible, most people will just ignore something they don't understand. Nor do they seem to care about the demoralizing effect of a player realizing that they just plain need to give up on fully understanding what's good and what isn't. Most of all, they don't seem to have considered the fact that a player needs to understand what's possible before he knows what to ask a crafter for.

People aren't just going to walk up and go "Hur hur, here's mah suit mister craftin' professhnul, do some kinda magic on it! I don't have a spreadsheet installed so I don't even know what you're doing or if it's good for me!"

TLDR: If you think this game is too complicated as it is, or even if you think it's currently just the right amount of complicated and should stay at that level, bend over because you're ****ed.

Last edited:

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just some iniital thoughts and questions about refinement... (from a non crafter)

Why would refinement Not be included with medable armor (leather, clothe, mage armor, etc)? I understand that other armors are under utilized but non med armor is getting a boost by: adding stamina protection, a 10% chance to lower your opponents SSI, and an LMC bonus ranging from 1-3%. Based on those factors alone I am likely to switch to non med armor but I am curious why medable armor isn't included in the refinement process?

I can see why people are confused by refinement, as a non crafter who is already daunted by crafting in general, this isn't going to get me to sit down and finally make that mule. However as a player who primarly engages in factions, which pvp can be a large part, the possibiities of refinement are certainly intriguing...

Questions: How hard is it to hit someone with an effective DCI of 95, if you have equal weapon skill and max Hit Chance(45)??

Is this going to turn into a balance issue where people are not able to be hit?

Would the game be forced to raise the HCI cap which would then in turn make anyone not running over-capped DCI an instant kill for groups of archers/throwers/melee (just the 50% HCI cap Garg enjoyed caused balance issues and that was only a difference of 5%...does making the difference 40 points in the favor of DCI seem like a potential problem?

Going back to the initial question would this then force all players to use non-med armor since you can not over cap DCI on med armor using refinement?

Would the game then have to go back and make leather refinealbe to make leather viable again or will they have to add another property like the mana phase that was initially proposed to balance out med armor?

I know HLD is going to be the common answer here and yes its an effective tool, what worries me is that any weapon in pvp will be pretty useless without it. I know glasses exist that give you an added chance but since you will be hitting so infrequently you will need to maximize the chance to lower defense when you get that hit in, so that you can chain enough hits to drop someone.

Can you imagine hitting someone with Hit lower attack while you are running 95 DCI, Bushido, a two handed wep and with legendary parry - you hear a ton of complaints about not being able to survive with animal form being interuptable, I am pretty sure you could live a very long life against uneven numbers with this temp particularly with wrest or anat/eval because disarm would be its undoing.

Anyway just walking my thoughts around potential issues I see and defintely looking for counter thoughts on what I am thinking and what people's tests are revealing. I posted earlier on some potential ways to keep mage armor valuable without making it over powered but will post a more comprehensive idea on that later - right now its worse then having -100 luck. No stam benefits, no LMC benefits, no refinement possibilities, no SSI reduction. Hmm maybe allow all armor to be refined but only allow characters with less then 20.1 Med and/or stealth (both skills that take direct advantage from Leather, clothe and Mage armor and are hindered by heavy non-med armor). Basically if you are taking advantage of the med aspects of the armor you can not also take advantage of the non-med aspects. (I say 20.1 because you don't want the human jack of all trades to be an negative side effect that unwittingly grants an unfair advantage to garg's and elves).

-Lore's Player

Last edited:

Chrome

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

you have 150 stam
you take 25 damage
you have 125 hit points

150*25/125+5-37= -2

you have 150 stam
you take 30 damage
you have 100 hp
same armor (37 bonus)

This formula is guessed from the result obtained by experimenting.

About the above calculation,
Since the bonus for metal armor 5 part has been obtained, the bonus with glasses is not applied.
So Bonus is 35 and stamina loss is 0 and 15.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, we have been dealt all of those hands, except for Refining. You are currently dealing that hand...
Exactly I understand at this point we aren;t going to reverse AOS and all the others things but refining isn;t here yet. There is still a chance for them to turn that ship around. However I am curious to see how they they plan to streamline and simplify the refining process. I still have my doubts though that it can be made into a decent system in time for the next publish. I still feel that it should probably be scraped for now. But we will see. At least we have confirmation of sorts I guess that they agree its too complicated :/

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Curse is touchy, because it really is necessary for a mage, as damage spells don't do enough without curse. Adding a timer to curse wouldn't work really, as the first curse people would just apple it, and then the mage would have to wait for the timer, and then it gets reapplied and appled. constant cycle. I agree Curse is strong, but the resist dropping aspect is a neccesity. If they were to do anything with it, it should just be duration and how much stat it drops.
Absolutely.

Curse is currently way overpowered but the only thing that would need to be done to bring it inline is remove its ability to drop stats.

It would still be spammable, last for up to 2 minutes, and drop all resists.

Bottom line is that as it stands right now it is a spammable 4th level spell that cripples both the offense and defense of a warrior in multiple ways. That is the definition of overpowered in my book.
It cripples defense by dropping resists and affecting bandage use by the stat loss and it cripples offense by slowing swing speed with the stat loss.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Total animal form nerf = no one fights outnumbered ever again

Looks like the trammies that couldn't kill 2 ppl with 6 blubies whined enough to make them change this to the point where ppl will engage even less often.

I for one will not be pvping outnumbered on a faction character anytime soon if these changes are put forth. Less pvp = good for UO? If there are some actual faction pvpers in this thread that wish to speak up, now would be a good time.
Unless I am reading your posts on this subject wrong you seem to only have issue now that it is nerfed equally on a mage?

You didn't seem to mind it when it was only going to be nerfed on warriors with no fc/fcr?

You don't believe in nerfs being equal? Or do you think that mages should be the only class able to take advantage of one of only three spells worth having on a warrior skill?

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In this world, preservation and enhancement of the process becomes the goal rather than attaining the original intent. Take for example, planting a city tree in your parkway. In the day a guy would drive up in a truck with a sapling in the back, dig a hole with a shovel and drop the tree in. One hour max, one person, one truck and the tree was planted. Fast forward to today. The truck pulls up. 5 guys get out. One of the guys is in charge of safety. He puts out the cones, directs traffic and etc. One guy is the equipment manager, he drives the truck and maintains the shovels and etc. One guy assesses the location for the hole, determining the best position which avoids all the utilities and etc. Another guy is in charge of digging and placing the tree. The last guy is the supervisor. He makes sure the area is clean after planting the tree, and takes advantage of any political opportunity with passers by. He also watches the time closely so that breaktimes are not missed or abused in any way. Four hours later the tree is planted. Meanwhile back at the office plans are being laid for planting a tree at the next house once all the paperwork is in order.

I am afraid that we are in that mode a lot now days. Because so much programming and effort has been invested to get to the position we are now at, that effort becomes more important to preserve than actually achieving the goal which probably was to simplify and balance weapon and armor. We may be best served by canning all the work, calling it what it is (failure) even though it was done with all the best intentions and honor. Swallow hard and send a guy out with a goal of simplifying and balancing the armor and weapon systems!!!

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the Animal Form nerf, the only classes that aren't going to get worse at surviving outnumbered are the one's that already suck at it. The Animal Form nerf is going to hurt all people (with ninja) in regards to surviving ganks, not just throwers. So it doesn't really unbalance it at a throwers expense, because throwers have ninja for the same reason that mages do. But when you combine this with the stamina nerfs, it is going to be a lot harder for throwers to survive solo, but it's not like they aren't currently PRO at it. Look at exploit, he's impossible to kill. And yes they will still be viable, because they'll still do awesome damage, have pretty good survivability, and still be super leet at dismounting. Although, a lot less useful than a good mage. but with a class so easy to play, shouldn't it be that way?
The only difference between throwers and archers is the extra damage output of the throwing weapons. If you take that away or slow the weapons down they will be identical for all intent.

And when was the last time even an average mage lost a 1 vs 1 to an archer? It don't happen so you will have effectively nerfed throwers into nothing more then a support temp just like archers currently are.

But I assume that is what you believe to be fair based upon your obvious mage bias lol.
The scary mage mashes 3 more keys so he is superior and the only class able to be powerful. Truly sad bro.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
BLAH BLAH BLAH
Lets talk about a tortured boondoggle.
UOStratics has well documented "How To"s on all the crafting skills and they will have another one for this too.
Hard core PvPers and PvMers know what they want on thier suits and will tell any crafter what that is.

You are more than welcome to log into TC and test this all to see how it may or may not work with your suit. Mules are so easy to make on TC and you do not need to farm anything. This may or may not be your cup of tea but there will be players that will grab this and make an easy to use "How To" just like they have always done. You want easy mode when it comes to making suits, NP, whats next easy mode for PvP and PvM.

What they didn't give you the love that you think you needed so all this to you is just a load of crap? They are listening to us, those that post coherent information.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Armor pierce increases all non-direct damage taken by target for 3 secs. Pierce + Crushing will be pretty sweet.
Comparing the above in any way to the Curse spell is without question the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on these boards.

A tiny damage increase for 3 seconds that is dependent on a couple of specific weapon specs that cant be chained? Wow.

3 seconds?

Seriously. 3 seconds?

Im sorry though because I did miss in your analogy where the new Armor Pierce also reduces the mages resists, lasts for up to two minutes and also lowers the mages stats? Did you forget to include those by mistake in your comparison?