NEWS [UO.Com] Updated Publish 81 Notes

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
Is it just me or did I not see a single thing about them changing stamina damage again? The undocumented 10x increase to stamina damage in the 1st pub 81 notes still appers to be what they are sticking with since these updated notes didnt mention a decrease anywhere. So basically if your wearing leather its their intention to do stamina loss roughly equalnto damage taken.... crazy.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 24, 2004
Is it just me or did I not see a single thing about them changing stamina damage again? The undocumented 10x increase to stamina damage in the 1st pub 81 notes still appers to be what they are sticking with since these updated notes didnt mention a decrease anywhere. So basically if your wearing leather its their intention to do stamina loss roughly equalnto damage taken.... crazy.
Actually no it looks like they are starting with the way things are now as a base.

Player’s stamina loss will now be based on the type of armor as well as the amount of armor that is equipped*. Each piece of armor up to five pieces will reduce the amount of stamina lost when taking damage. The armor pieces which provide the most stamina loss reduction will take priority.
  • Cloth armor, leather armor, and jewelry will give the same stamina loss reduction as Pub 80.
  • Blacksmith armor (platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor) will provide a heavy bonus to stamina loss reduction.
  • Studded leather armor, stone armor, bone armor, woodland armor, and hide armor will provide a light bonus to stamina loss reduction.

Reactions: Lord Frodo

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oct 27, 2012
Three big concerns before I get into nitty-gritty.

* Dragon armor still junk.
* Slow weapons (halberds, etc.) still junk.
* Weapon selection still just "fastest thing with armor ignore".

There's really no excuse for that first one, and if you're not interested in changing the others then I kinda wonder at the point of touching weapons at all.

• Cloth armor, leather armor, and jewelry will give the same stamina loss reduction as Pub 80.
  • Blacksmith armor (platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor) will provide a heavy bonus to stamina loss reduction.
  • Studded leather armor, stone armor, bone armor, woodland armor, and hide armor will provide a light bonus to stamina loss reduction.
Okay so far.

Armor Inherent Lower Mana Cost
Each piece of non medable armor will provide lower mana cost with the exception of woodland armor. Each piece of armor up to five pieces will provide a percentage which is still subject to the lower mana cost cap of 40. The armor pieces which provide the most lower mana cost will take priority.
  1. Platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor provides 1% of lower mana cost per piece.
  2. Studded leather, hide armor, stone armor and bone armor provides 3% of lower mana cost per piece.
This is almost exactly equivalent to giving an imbue cap increase of 41 to metal, and 13 to studded and such. Which is an okay bonus. So why not skip this and just give those armors those increased imbue caps? It's vastly simpler, more elegant, and spares players having to deal with a bunch of confusing hidden mods on items.

A piece of plate armor that gives 8 LMC should say 8 LMC on it for everyone to see. Not 5 LMC plus a hidden additional 3 LMC, undocumented in-game, that you're supposed to just know is there and add on to it in your head. An item with an effective imbuing cap of 541 should say 541 when you go to imbue it, not 500 plus a hidden pseudo-bonus of 41 you get because there's an invisible 3 LMC on there.

I feel it should be a basic tenet of design that the item properties listed on an item in-game should be correct. We shouldn't have to mentally adjust them based on things we read on the forums. Please just go with imbue cap changes. They have the exact same effect except they're much less confusing.

• Special Moves
    • Daisho - Primary: Feint / Secondary: Doublestrike
    • Leafblade - Primary: Feint / Secondary: Armor Ignore
  • Soul Glaive: Base damage 16-20 / Weapon Speed 4.0 seconds
  • Composite Bow, Base damage 16-20 / Weapon Speed 4.0 seconds
Are these changes in addition to, or in place of, the changes already made on TC? Is the war mace still going to be saddled with some bizarre elf move with an icon of a tree?

[*]The” Balanced” property can now be found on loot generated two handed weapons. Weapons with this property will be unable to parry or evade.
So a "balanced" two-hander is instant garbage in PVM, and in PVP you're probably still better off using a one-hander that lets you chug, parry, and is way faster to boot.

• Bladeweave mana cost decreased from 30 to 15.
We're still never going to use it, or the revamped Force of Nature.

• Max Resists – Armor Refined to increase max resists will provide a bonus to a resist category cap up to 75, while lowering the Defense Chance Increase cap.
  • Max Defense Chance Increase – Armor Refined to increase max Defense Chance Increase will provide a DCI cap bonus up to 95 while lowering max resists.
This is another way-too-complicated change that's either going to make item text a paragraph longer, or confuse everyone by virtue of being undocumented in-game. Also, if I can get my DCI cap up to 95% I'm going to be invincible in PVM. I will sacrifice whatever other mods or whatever I need to, and unless everything can one-shot me, I am going to be invincible.

Last edited:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 1, 2008
what a good way to sum up weapons right now

"just use the fastest one with armor ignore"

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 24, 2004
what a good way to sum up weapons right now

"just use the fastest one with armor ignore"
Yeah pretty much weapons still need help. Also Klomp brought up a good point about dragon armor. But still I think this so far is a pretty good fix. I now feel this publish is going somewhere where before I was more like oh no please donlt ruin the game please donlt ruin the game..

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
[*]Cloth armor, leather armor, and jewelry will give the same stamina loss reduction as Pub 80.

Hmm... I took that to mean "in pub 81 leather doesnt reduce stamina loss just like it doesnt in pub 80" If the basic stam loss ratios in pub 81 are the same as in pub 80 then great. I could see plate in pub 81 reducing those big hit (~ 5 stam lost) to near zero which could be cool. IF pub 81 is 20+ stam lost / hit then its a borked system. Stamina regen methods are on the pub 80 scale...NOT the 10x pub 81 (1st incarnation if your correct scale)

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 24, 2004
[*]Cloth armor, leather armor, and jewelry will give the same stamina loss reduction as Pub 80.

Hmm... I took that to mean "in pub 81 leather doesnt reduce stamina loss just like it doesnt in pub 80" If the basic stam loss ratios in pub 81 are the same as in pub 80 then great. I could see plate in pub 81 reducing those big hit (~ 5 stam lost) to near zero which could be cool. IF pub 81 is 20+ stam lost / hit then its a borked system. Stamina regen methods are on the pub 80 scale...NOT the 10x pub 81 (1st incarnation if your correct scale)
Yeah I think that is how it wil work. Guess we will see soon though.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oct 27, 2012
I don't know what their fascination is with adding "hidden" item properties to armor. I can handle it when it's unique things like stamina damage reduction, but now they've created a second "invisible" form of LMC that we're going to have to mentally tally on top of existing LMC on a given piece/suit.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dec 16, 2010
Quebec
The Balanced mod on 2 handed weaps, only on looted stuff... doesn't work for me at least.

Two handed weapons should be able to have balanced, imbued or looted. and Two handed weapons should have a 600% intensity imbuing cap, and maybe allow a 6th mod. As it sits, i still don't see a reason to use 99% of two handed weaps because you aren't going to get very good looted ones either.

The balanced mod as a whole should only be 50-100 intensity, not 150.
THIs ^^

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 24, 2004
I don't know what their fascination is with adding "hidden" item properties to armor. I can handle it when it's unique things like stamina damage reduction, but now they've created a second "invisible" form of LMC that we're going to have to mentally tally on top of existing LMC on a given piece/suit.
Well we still have to see. But yeah I get the feeling it will be invisible lol. They really do need to make it so that when you craft a piece of studded armor for example it automatically shows that it has lmc 3%.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dec 16, 2010
Quebec
will the non-meddable armor with the mage armor mod affect the stamina loss part ?

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 24, 2004
Three big concerns before I get into nitty-gritty.

* Dragon armor still junk.
* Slow weapons (halberds, etc.) still junk.
* Weapon selection still just "fastest thing with armor ignore".

There's really no excuse for that first one, and if you're not interested in changing the others then I kinda wonder at the point of touching weapons at all.

Okay so far.

This is almost exactly equivalent to giving an imbue cap increase of 41 to metal, and 13 to studded and such. Which is an okay bonus. So why not skip this and just give those armors those increased imbue caps? It's vastly simpler, more elegant, and spares players having to deal with a bunch of confusing hidden mods on items.

A piece of plate armor that gives 8 LMC should say 8 LMC on it for everyone to see. Not 5 LMC plus a hidden additional 3 LMC, undocumented in-game, that you're supposed to just know is there and add on to it in your head. An item with an effective imbuing cap of 541 should say 541 when you go to imbue it, not 500 plus a hidden pseudo-bonus of 41 you get because there's an invisible 3 LMC on there.

I feel it should be a basic tenet of design that the item properties listed on an item in-game should be correct. We shouldn't have to mentally adjust them based on things we read on the forums. Please just go with imbue cap changes. They have the exact same effect except they're much less confusing.

Are these changes in addition to, or in place of, the changes already made on TC? Is the war mace still going to be saddled with some bizarre elf move with an icon of a tree?

So a "balanced" two-hander is instant garbage in PVM, and in PVP you're probably still better off using a one-hander that lets you chug, parry, and is way faster to boot.

We're still never going to use it, or the revamped Force of Nature.

This is another way-too-complicated change that's either going to make item text a paragraph longer, or confuse everyone by virtue of being undocumented in-game. Also, if I can get my DCI cap up to 95% I'm going to be invincible in PVM. I will sacrifice whatever other mods or whatever I need to, and unless everything can one-shot me, I am going to be invincible.
Yeah I like the general idea of refinements but this version I donlt think will work. I think the DCI cap is for the new HLD change, but I donlt think it was very well thought over. The resist thing has some potential but it should be limited imo I donlt think people should be able to make ALL their resists go to 75.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2003
Melbourne, FL
I thought that is what they ment by saying Pub 80. That our current gear would work the same as the Prodo shards (Pub 80) or better. Well guess what THEY DO NOT WORK THE SAME.

Baja Shard Warrior Class Char All 70s resist. Fully med suit with arties. Went to New Haven and let some "a spectral spellbinder" cast spells on me. Only time Stamina dropped was when they cursed me.

Copy Warrior Class Char to Test Center 1

Test Center 1 Same char and suit as on Baja Shard. Had 2 TWO, thats right just two "a spectral spellbinder" casting spells on me and guess what, THEY DID NOT FIX A THING. In 1-2 min they dropped my Stamina from 136 to 40 with spells alone, so bottom line is if these changes go to Prodo Shards all my Warrior Class Gear are still worthless. Thank You UO. Have a nice day.

I misspoke. I thought they meant work the same as it is.

These changes also aren't live yet. So we won't see them as they are. So we are both wrong :(

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Baja Shard
I am still not crazy at all about the sinking feeling that my existing, high end leather warrior suit will no longer be what it was before but based upon the new revisions I can accept that for what it is and roll with the times.
Hope yours is not as FUBR as mine still is.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oct 27, 2012
I can't even IMAGINE the hilarity that is going to be unleashed on PVM when sampires with asinine levels of DCI become the new standard. Unless the resist penalties are utterly and completely devastating to the point where you die in one hit, things are going to become totally ridiculous.

And given their concerns about making things too confusing, I'd die to hear a developer explain why magical hidden LMC is a better idea than an imbue cap tweak.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
May 21, 2008
Colorado
Thank you for readjusting the soul glaive back to its original speed and a reasonably reduced base damage. Thank you for making the composite bow equivalent. Thank you for listening to our concerns on the stamina changes.

I would like you to consider bumping the LMC bonus to go over cap up to 50 LMC. Also, please consider re-adding the garg +5 HCI bonus but keeping the cap at 45 HCI.

Reactions: ShadowTrauma

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 24, 2012
Herndon, VA
I sure hope you are right.
The updated publish won't be up on TC until next week. We wanted to give you guys a heads up as to what we had planned rather then go the whole weekend without an update. When the update hits TC we'll make sure you have a full supply of all your needs for testing the Refinements. We look forward to your continuing feedback.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Baja Shard
The updated publish won't be up on TC until next week. We wanted to give you guys a heads up as to what we had planned rather then go the whole weekend without an update. When the update hits TC we'll make sure you have a full supply of all your need for testing the Refinements. We look forward to your continuing feedback.
TY TY TY TY TY TY TY TY TY TY

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 1, 2008
The updated publish won't be up on TC until next week. We wanted to give you guys a heads up as to what we had planned rather then go the whole weekend without an update. When the update hits TC we'll make sure you have a full supply of all your needs for testing the Refinements. We look forward to your continuing feedback.
Please go through the feedbakc on the updated notes and make a few more adjustments, if possible.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 24, 2004
I wonder if instead of the resist refinement lowering your dci cap if it would not be better if instead it lowered another resist? Like maybe I would choose to raise physical resist to 75 but lower cold to 65. Of course though it would work best if you could chose what resist to lower. I think that could work better then lowering the dci cap which would just be confusing anyway unless it said that in some way on the armor. As for the HLD refinement maybe if they could make it so the cap only applies in pvp no idea if that is possible though. That way it would not be inbalanced in pvm. However with it lowering resist I still wonder if it would be that good a choice in pvp then. Because depending on how much it lowers resist you could be helping yourself against dexxers only to become a much easier kill for a mage. Of course much like the example above it would help if you could choose which resist to lower, but it did kinda sound like they intend it to lower all your resists. Guess we will see next week lol.

Last edited:

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oct 27, 2012
I think that could work better then lowering the dci cap which would just be confusing anyway unless it said that in some way on the armor.
Honestly most of this is going to be confusing even if it is documented in-game. If not, it's going to be completely mystifying to people.

I also want to know why 75% of the special move changes are for macing. My main is a macer, am I supposed to care that double strike is on the maul now? Is someone on the dev team silly enough to think anyone cares? You changed the special move on the war mace while leaving it so slow that no one will ever notice. Plus it's some stupid Force of Nature elf move that's been reworked in a way that it hurts the user when it lands. Man nobody is going to use that.

I feel like maces have been jiggled around at random by someone who doesn't play UO. Macing has one weapon, the war axe, and you've done nothing to change that.

Last edited:

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 24, 2004
Honestly most of this is going to be confusing even if it is documented in-game. If not, it's going to be completely mystifying to people.

I also want to know why 75% of the special move changes are for macing. Oh boy double strike on some stuff. That stupid elf move on a war mace that's still too slow to use. There goes five minutes of wasted development time since no one is still ever going to use anything besides the war axe.
Yeah we really donlt need for things to be more confusing I agree lol. But hopefully they at least document this stuff on the armor. I rather have a wall of text on armor/weapons then having to try and remember what hidden properties this armor has and what my dci cap is now and blah blah blah lol.

As for weapons yeah a lot of work still needs to be done but I donlt think we should expect them to fix all the concerns in one patch to test center you know what I mean? These changes are not perfect but to me at least they show they are listening. Hopefully they continue to listen.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 1, 2008
Yeah we really donlt need for things to be more confusing I agree lol. But hopefully they at least document this stuff on the armor. I rather have a wall of text on armor/weapons then having to try and remember what hidden properties this armor has and what my dci cap is now and blah blah blah lol.

As for weapons yeah a lot of work still needs to be done but I donlt think we should expect them to fix all the concerns in one patch to test center you know what I mean? These changes are not perfect but to me at least they show they are listening. Hopefully they continue to listen.
it just lacks that *pop* for a publish. just some little tweaks and stuff, the armor thing is nice but not overly exciting. i think if they fixed up the weapons issues it would encourage making some new chars just because more weapons, and in turn armor, is in play.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oct 27, 2012
Man did you notice this bit?

Each piece of non medable armor will provide lower mana cost with the exception of woodland armor. Each piece of armor up to five pieces will provide a percentage which is still subject to the lower mana cost cap of 40. The armor pieces which provide the most lower mana cost will take priority.
So not only will the added LMC probably be invisible, but whether or not it even applies will depend upon what else you're wearing.

So like a plate helmet might say 5 LMC on it, but count for 8 LMC if you're wearing it with a studded leather suit. If you put it on with a full ringmail suit it'll drop back to 5 LMC, unless you change out at least one piece of ringmail for studded or bone, in which case it will spring back up to being worth 8 LMC.

Confused yet? People's heads are going to explode. Jesus Christ devs, just kick the imbue caps up a few points for studded/whatever and a few more for metal. This is getting insane.

Last edited:

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 24, 2004
it just lacks that *pop* for a publish. just some little tweaks and stuff, the armor thing is nice but not overly exciting. i think if they fixed up the weapons issues it would encourage making some new chars just because more weapons, and in turn armor, is in play.
Well I imagine there is still goign to be more changes. Not to mention if I remember from the producers letter there is still other changes to come not related to armor or weapons. I think they just wanted this stuff out there first because its rather important as we have seen that it gets tested lol.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 24, 2004
Man did you notice this bit?

So not only will the added LMC probably be invisible, but whether or not it even applies will depend upon what else you're wearing.

So like a plate helmet might say 5 LMC on it, but count for 8 LMC if you're wearing it with a studded leather suit. If you put it on with a full ringmail suit it'll drop back to 5 LMC, unless you change out at least one piece of ringmail for studded or bone, in which case it will spring back up to being worth 8 LMC.

Confused yet? People's heads are going to explode. Jesus Christ devs, just kick the imbue caps up a few points for studded/whatever and a few more for metal. This is getting insane.
Hmm yeah I missed that your right that is going to get VERY confusing. Probably would be best just to raise imbuing caps then. :/ Or hopefully a dev clarifies things more.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Baja Shard
They REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need to give us something that is like the gump when you mouse over your char on Test Center with everything on it. PLZ PLZ PLZ

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 26, 2006
I feel like damage on comp bow is too high... its going to running shot for 25 at 1.25 seconds

Last edited:

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 24, 2004
They REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need to give us something that is like the gump when you mouse over your char on Test Center with everything on it. PLZ PLZ PLZ
Ooo that would be a good idea!

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 24, 2004
Doesn't the default paperdoll gump in the EC (not Pinco's) give you the totals for various properties, e.g, LRC? Haven't used it in a while, so I can't remember. If it does, I wonder if it will correctly reflect this publish's various hidden properties and how hard it would be to incorporate similar information in the CC paperdoll under one of the several buttons or a new one.
Yeah EC does do that I think the problem lies with CC.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 20, 2007
So why not skip this and just give those armors those increased imbue caps?
Agreed 100%.

Increase imbue caps for non medable armor and if you want metal armor to mean something then add in something if enhanced with colored ingots the way wood works now.
-dragon armor for different casting focus
-metal armor enhanced for dci/hci/ ect ect ect

I'm not touching the rest of this but i will include 2 things i'd personally like to see.
-Hatchets 1 handed. Real hatchets are used with 1 hand why does it take 2 for my pixel hands?
-the ability to imbue fishing poles. I've asked for this for years upon years now.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oct 27, 2012
And you know, the DCI thing, I'm sure someone did some napkin math on resists versus DCI and the total amount of damage incoming. But look, I play a sampire, and let me tell you... Here's the thing...

If something can't kill me in like two or three hits tops, it can't kill me.

If it can't land those hits before I leech my life back up, it can't kill me.

Don't run the math on how often a monster can hit me, run the math on how often it can hit me two or three times in a row. Because barring flukey miss-streaks, almost any non-lethal hit that isn't immediately followed up with another hit basically doesn't matter.

Resist penalty? LOL whatever, it can hit me for 80 on every shot for all I care as long as it doesn't do it twice in a row.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Baja Shard
Doesn't the default paperdoll gump in the EC (not Pinco's) give you the totals for various properties, e.g, LRC? Haven't used it in a while, so I can't remember. If it does, I wonder if it will correctly reflect this publish's various hidden properties and how hard it would be to incorporate similar information in the CC paperdoll under one of the several buttons or a new one.
What's EC? My UO does not compute that. LOL. Die hard CC user. :)

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oct 27, 2012
Also can one of you devs just come out and say "This publish is about balancing PVP for whoever is left after our Faction revamp, we don't care if dragon armor and 75% of all weapons remain garbage forever" please? Then I can quit feeling like I'm talking past you.

Because even typing the number "95" near the letters "DCI" tell me you're not even remotely thinking about PVM. This will usher in the age of the Super Sampire, where anyone with the money and resources to take absolute full advantage of the UO crafting/item system will become a deity the likes of which PVM has never seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Otis Leroy Funk

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oct 27, 2012
Hmm yeah I missed that your right that is going to get VERY confusing. Probably would be best just to raise imbuing caps then. :/ Or hopefully a dev clarifies things more.
For real man. Imagine some dude comes back to the game after a few years off or whatever and asks you what's up with armor these days. Imagine having to explain this to a regular person.

"Heavy armor doesn't let you meditate, but it protects you from losing stamina when hit, and you can imbue 540 points worth of magic stuff onto it instead of 500."

Or...

"Heavier armor doesn't let you meditate, but it protects you from losing stamina when hit, and it makes you use less mana. That's separate from the LMC property that shows up on armor, and isn't subject to the cap of 8 LMC per piece. It does stack with it though, and is subject to the overall cap of 40 LMC. Just bear in mind that while the displayed LMC property always applies, the inherent bonus LMC is only taken from five pieces of your suit and those with the highest bonus are given priority."

Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Baja Shard
And will there be other ways to get the materials besides killing stuff or stealing it?
Phase two of the Armor Revamp will allow players to apply Refinements to non-medable armor.
Armor Refinements are crafted from refinement components that can be collected from:
  • Treasure Maps
  • MiB Chests
  • Merchant Vessels
  • Pirate Vessels
  • Town shop container stealables
  • Champion Spawn Bosses
When combined with additional raw materials Refinement Components can be crafted into an Armor Refinement.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
Kyronix, is there more to the "armor revamp" than just bumping resists or DCI? And will there be other ways to get the materials besides killing stuff or stealing it? Maybe I'm just really tired, but that section of the publish notes was really a bummer. Somehow I was expecting something else, I guess. And since I have no treasure hunter, usually am playing solo, don't care for the stealing skill (unless it involves sigils), I just can't see myself ever being able to do "armor refining" unless I buy ingredients from someone else who is sure to price them to make the max profit because they think everyone who still plays UO is a billionaire. So no increased resists for my characters, I guess. Something makes me think that you'll do your usual give with one hand and take away with another, though, and assume EVERYONE is going to jump on the bandwagon of refining their armor and you go and make everything nasty out there meaner than ever.....

Eh, what's the point. I just have this sick feeling that pretty soon my characters will be running around in useless gear and I'll spend the next two years trying to fix it all, just to have you guys come along and change it again. And all the while, I'll have to listen to bubbleheads running around trying to get people to vote for them so they can act like big shots on the player-run councils. I really don't know why I'm bothering with this anymore.
Can I have your stuff?

If the sky actually falls can you pls wait for it to squash you before you start screaming? Its quieter that way. This game has ALWAYS gone through publishes that forced change. Thats what makes it fun. If it had stopped changing years ago we wouldnt have anything to do. Patch / pub day is when Uo gets exciting.... also...sure voice SOME concern if your worried but a lot can change b4 publish so why complain b4 its happened?

Reactions: DerekL

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 26, 2002
New Jersey
I must admit you actually made me chuckle with that second explaination Klomp.

Bleak or Kyronix, is there a way we could get a heads up on the Refresh/Greater Refresh potion values in regards to stamina increase?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 1, 2008
I feel like damage on comp bow is too high... its going to running shot for 25 at 1.25 seconds
Definitely agree. i saw that and thought wow... those 1.25s archers are going to start drooling.

oh well

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 26, 2002
New Jersey
Definitely agree. i saw that and thought wow... those 1.25s archers are going to start drooling.

oh well
Barry Gibb had the idea in http://stratics.com/community/threads/publish-81-bows.294013/ (his #2 suggestion) to potentially have the comp bow be 3.75 speed (cyclone is 3.25 now), which would consequently drop its damage somewhat. This might be a more ideal solution if people feel the damage is still too high, it would also increase bow diversity, and might not be as big an issue if the comp bow can already be made to fire at 1.25... just a slightly different way to look at the situation, I thoroughly enjoyed his viewpoint.

Last edited:

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 24, 2003
We thought so too. We've got a solution for this already in the works!
OOOoooOOO-OOO! Is it something that you can add to a mannequin...maybe... some time in the future?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 1, 2008
Also can one of you devs just come out and say "This publish is about balancing PVP for whoever is left after our Faction revamp, we don't care if dragon armor and 75% of all weapons remain garbage forever" please? Then I can quit feeling like I'm talking past you.

Because even typing the number "95" near the letters "DCI" tell me you're not even remotely thinking about PVM. This will usher in the age of the Super Sampire, where anyone with the money and resources to take absolute full advantage of the UO crafting/item system will become a deity the likes of which PVM has never seen.
that dci change with hit lower d has no change on a sampire....

the rough cap is still 45dci i believe, just the item overcapping is 95 instead of 70

Unless they go and make several monsters have hit lower d of course.. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: G.v.P

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2003
I'm going to love to do some pirating ! :D

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oct 27, 2012
that dci change with hit lower d has no change on a sampire....

the rough cap is still 45dci i believe, just the item overcapping is 95 instead of 70

Unless they go and make several monsters have hit lower d of course.. lol
Are you sure man? Because the publish notes just straight-up say "DCI cap bonus up to 95" and that's it. None of this stuff you're saying about a "rough cap" of 45 is in there at all.

Also, I'm not aware of any cap of 70 on DCI. I'm aware that 70 is currently the point where adding DCI no longer makes any difference, since you'll always be at 45 even under the effect of HLD, but I've never heard of it being "capped" there since it would be a pretty meaningless cap.

Plus even if you're right and the bonus of up to 95 only applies to a mythical DCI overcap cap (ugh) there's still the fact that sampires don't give a crap about overcapping DCI and would thus be able to ramp their resists up for absolutely no penalty.

But I really think that when they say "DCI cap" they mean "DCI cap" and your interpretation is just making the mistake of assuming they could never add anything so imbalanced.