• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Updated Publish 81 Notes

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are these the only changes that are on test now? Or is it just an amendment from the original change?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OOOoooOOO-OOO! Is it something that you can add to a mannequin...maybe... some time in the future?

Lord Frodo said:
They REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need to give us something that is like the gump when you mouse over your char on Test Center with everything on it. PLZ PLZ PLZ​
We thought so too. We've got a solution for this already in the works!​

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Max Swing speed for a 4 second weapon is 1.5 at 55 SSI and 150 Stamina

210 stamina and i believe 60ssi, is 1.25 on 4s weaps, which is achievable, you just lose alot in the process of achieving it.

45ssi/180 stam and 60ssi/150 stam are the 1.5s

your chart is incorrect. extensive testing was done to verify this. I've seen this chart before, and it is "off" on the higher base speed weapons

Last edited:

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you sure man? Because the publish notes just straight-up say "DCI cap bonus up to 95" and that's it. None of this stuff you're saying about a "rough cap" of 45 is in there at all.

Also, I'm not aware of any cap of 70 on DCI. I'm aware that 70 is currently the point where adding DCI no longer makes any difference, since you'll always be at 45 even under the effect of HLD, but I've never heard of it being "capped" there since it would be a pretty meaningless cap.

Plus even if you're right and the bonus of up to 95 only applies to a mythical DCI overcap cap (ugh) there's still the fact that sampires don't give a crap about overcapping DCI and would thus be able to ramp their resists up for absolutely no penalty.

But I really think that when they say "DCI cap" they mean "DCI cap" and your interpretation is just making the mistake of assuming they could never add anything so imbalanced.

Yea... I agree with Cetric. The NEW proposed changes to HLD allow it to impose a 55% (of your DCI) penalty..... Which means at 95 DCI if you get hit with the NEW HLD you'd drop to 43 DCI.... If you could have 100 DCI you'd drop back down to 45% DCI. I'm betting the only reason the number 95 is out there is because that's basically the point at which you become HLD proof under the new system. 70 DCI isn't a cap like you said & I don't think 95 is either. They probably just worded it badly, because otherwise that's a LARGE change to a CAP lol.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yea... I agree with Cetric. The NEW proposed changes to HLD allow it to impose a 55% (of your DCI) penalty..... Which means at 95 DCI if you get hit with the NEW HLD you'd drop to 43 DCI.... If you could have 100 DCI you'd drop back down to 45% DCI. I'm betting the only reason the number 95 is out there is because that's basically the point at which you become HLD proof under the new system. 70 DCI isn't a cap like you said & I don't think 95 is either. They probably just worded it badly, because otherwise that's a LARGE change to a CAP lol.
Man you guys need to read the bloody text then.

Max Defense Chance Increase – Armor Refined to increase max Defense Chance Increase will provide a DCI cap bonus up to 95 while lowering max resists.
This "DCI cap bonus up to 95" has to be EARNED by sacrificing max resists. They're NOT just talking about overcapping by slapping on 95 DCI worth of items, because anyone could just do that right now without sacrificing anything.

Devs man you know this change is insane when no one allows themselves to even believe that you mean it.

Last edited:

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not liking the changes to DCI & HLD even if you reach the 95 DCI cap then from my understanding your resist is going to suffer so you will just take a large amount of damage....

If you don't run 95 DCI then you will be hit for a lower damage but you will be taking those hits probably every 1.25 seconds. This just seems Lose/Lose to me.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man you guys need to read the bloody text then.

This "DCI cap bonus up to 95" has to be EARNED by sacrificing max resists. They're NOT just talking about overcapping by slapping on 95 DCI worth of items, because anyone could just do that right now without sacrificing anything.

Devs man you know this change is insane when no one allows themselves to even believe that you mean it.

If I'm at 95 DCI do you no how low my resist will be?

Last edited:

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'm not liking the changes to DCI & HLD even if you reach the 95 DCI cap then from my understanding your resist is going to suffer so you will just take a large amount of damage....

If you don't run 95 DCI then you will be hit for a lower damage but you will be taking those hits probably every 1.25 seconds. This just seems Lose/Lose to me.
You know what man, if you're talking about PVP, I don't really care right now. This whole Publish 81 debate has been about nothing but PVP balance. Someone needs to remind the developers that PVM exists.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know what man, if you're talking about PVP, I don't really care right now. This whole Publish 81 debate has been about nothing but PVP balance. Someone needs to remind the developers that PVM exists.
I'm pretty sure they know pvm exist the game is primarily pvm...

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few Thoughts....

1) Hmm... Actually about Weapons Balance. Can we ACTUALLY get Wrestling base swing speed down to 2.0 Seconds instead of 2.5 Seconds? It's been listed in a few places for years as BEING 2.0 Seconds but it hasn't been. It doesn't make ANY sense that a small weapon in your hands is faster than the hands themselves. This would also even it up a bit for 120 wrestlers vs 2.0 swing speed Mage weapon Bokutos with hit effect lol.

I did just test it again before posting. 15 stam (no tic reduction) + 5% SSI = 2.25 second swing delays over a 10 hit run. It would be 1.75 swing delays if wrestling base speed was 2.0.

2) Any chance that making Casting focus allow casting while MOVING instead of no interupt? A small chance be able to move WHILE casting that kill spell would be nice. Too many times the answer to PvP is run away & try again in a sec. I figure Mystic has Bombard, Necro's have long term damage... Strangle.... Actually Focus Mage have the SDI but this change would apply to all.

3) Refinements..... Could the ability to "Make something exceptional" be added? I'd love to be able to take a lesser Magic item from shame with some interesting non-imbue property & REFINE it so that it's got a 500 Imbuing weight cap instead of 450.

4) Force of Nature Special. The direct Dmg the person performing the FoN takes is too High & the DI boost thing is silly. I like the STUN effect & if you really have to attach a downside perhaps an effect similar to talon strike? aka Negative hp regen of a set amount or duration? This way it CANT kill you but it CAN put you at Zero life. It also wouldn't interrupt casting. The DI boost thing could perhaps be direct Dmg to the Stun'ed person scaling with Attackers STR or something. I'm basically thinking along the lines of Nervestrike but trying to account for not needing the Bushido skill hence the Negative hp Regen thing. Also.... CHANGE the special ICON lol it's BAD.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Each piece of non medable armor will provide lower mana cost with the exception of woodland armor. Each piece of armor up to five pieces will provide a percentage which is still subject to the lower mana cost cap of 40. The armor pieces which provide the most lower mana cost will take priority.
  1. Platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor provides 1% of lower mana cost per piece.
  2. Studded leather, hide armor, stone armor and bone armor provides 3% of lower mana cost per piece.
So like a plate helmet might say 5 LMC on it, but count for 8 LMC if you're wearing it with a studded leather suit. If you put it on with a full ringmail suit it'll drop back to 5 LMC, unless you change out at least one piece of ringmail for studded or bone, in which case it will spring back up to being worth 8 LMC.
What the hell are you talking about? Where do you get these numbers from? Why the plate helmet gives 5+3% when wearing it with a studded suit is beyond me. If you don't understand the system, you probably shoudn't post some wild assumptions. Let's talk about your examples:

Plate helmet: 5% normal, 1% inherent
Studd.Arms: 3% inherent
Studd.Hands: 3% inherent
Studd.Gorget: 3% inherent
Studd.Tunic: 3% inherent
Studd.Legs: 3% inherent

Since only 5 count and lower have higher prioriry, the inherent bonus of the suit is 4 x 3 + 1 = 13%, while the normal bonus is still 5%, giving a total of 18%

Plate helmet: 5% normal, 1% inherent
Ring.Arms: 1% inherent
Ring.Hands: 1% inherent
Ring.Tunic: 1% inherent
Ring.Legs: 1% inherent

Wearing just 5 pieces, all give 1%, so it's 5% inherent bonus, 5% normal, complete suit thus 10%.

I find that in no way complicated. And the overall inherent bonus could still be displayed like a set bonus on an item.

Anyway, don't make this bonus a cap increase. Would still mean that you get zero bonus if you actually don't imbue LMC on it. Just let these numbers not be subject to the cap and your're fine. You could also increase the bonus of dragon armor to 2% making it a little bit more worthwhile.

Last edited:

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
What the hell are you talking about? Where do you get these numbers from? Why the plate helmet gives 5+3% when wearing it with a studded suit is beyond me. If you don't understand the system, you probably shoudn't post some wild assumptions.
Oh yeah, my bad, the metal gets 1% and the studded gets 3%. That does absolutely nothing to change the fact that the amount of LMC an item is worth depends upon what else you're wearing and whether or not a given item is the odd one out in your six piece suit.

So if I'm wearing a plate suit and I put on a bone helmet with 8 LMC imbued, I'll actually gain 11 LMC thanks to the +3 inherent bonus. But if I take that same helmet and put it on a character that's already wearing a studded suit, they'll only gain 8 LMC since they were already wearing 5 pieces with +3 inherent bonuses. But if that same character replaces his studded gloves with some ringmail ones, the +3 inherent bonus on the bone helmet suddenly kicks in, since it's now one of the five pieces where the bonus is active. Therefore he'll lose 11 LMC when he takes the helmet off, even though it says 8 LMC on it and was worth 8 when he put it on.

Yeah THAT's not confusing as hell. Boy you sure put me in my place. Good job pretending that mixing up which material gets a +1 bonus and which gets a +3 actually makes a substantive difference to the argument.

Go sit down somewhere, champ.

Last edited:

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do i still feel as if the Nerf stick still hit me hard?
What template do you run? How will it effect you? Just curious to see what type of templates will take a hit.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So why not skip this and just give those armors those increased imbue caps? It's vastly simpler, more elegant, and spares players having to deal with a bunch of confusing hidden mods on items.
This.
Make studded and bone 550 cap, metal and dragon 600 cap.

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel like damage on comp bow is too high... its going to running shot for 25 at 1.25 seconds
As much as I love archers and Virem is incapable of using the skill "Healing" I do think this may be a bit much on the running shots when u add in possible velocity and hit lightning. At least Glaive and Comp Bow are equal on damage now? Still not seeing a reason to use weapons with "balanced" on them wasting 150 points of imbue weight when u can just play a Garg and auto win UO.

And yes I do play mages as well as the temps listed.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What template do you run? How will it effect you? Just curious to see what type of templates will take a hit.
28 characters, I run and play most templates. But all my templates use leather. I will have to wait to test these changes, but i just feel like they are still on a mission to nerf exsisting Dexter tempates. I see little or no change to the weapons that no one wants to use and the LRC buit into suits is as ussfull as an ash tray on a motorbike.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
28 characters, I run and play most templates. But all my templates use leather. I will have to wait to test these changes, but i just feel like they are still on a mission to nerf exsisting Dexter tempates. I see little or no change to the weapons that no one wants to use and the LRC buit into suits is as ussfull as an ash tray on a motorbike.
If all your templates use leather, then they'll be the same as they are now, surely? Leather is being put back to what it is in pub 80. ie, exactly what we have now. I've seen no mention of lrc built in, only lmc? Which I think goes to offset the fact that mana regen will be slower in a non med suit?

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If all your templates use leather, then they'll be the same as they are now, surely? Leather is being put back to what it is in pub 80. ie, exactly what we have now. I've seen no mention of lrc built in, only lmc? Which I think goes to offset the fact that mana regen will be slower in a non med suit?
I meant LMC it was a typo my bad :oops:
I fully expected to have to upgrade my suits to the new best suit. I am fully prepared for the upgrade now. I have 23 val hammers waiting to be used. To compete in PvP having the same as i have now is not going to be good enough. I will save myself the RSI and wait to test the changes on test centre before i make any judgments. But it looks like 2 steps forward and one step back as far as the weapons go. The change to the total refresh pots make no sense, yeah great the timer has been taken off them but to lower the amount they refresh for is whimsical.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need to give us something that is like the gump when you mouse over your char on Test Center with everything on it. PLZ PLZ PLZ
We thought so too. We've got a solution for this already in the works!
Awesome... hopefully you guys could add more properties to the list; LRC, RPD, & Casting Focus. we already have resistances show up on our status gump. (this context menu that displays stats that we currently have on TC1 speeds up the process of building a suit)

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that dci change with hit lower d has no change on a sampire....

the rough cap is still 45dci i believe, just the item overcapping is 95 instead of 70

Unless they go and make several monsters have hit lower d of course.. lol
Yeah I would like some clarification on how that works.

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im not going to say if this part 2 is good or not yet, but theres 1 thing missing here.

we (craffters) NEED some kind of value for ingots, if we are going to use metal armors, because if not , will happen 1 things :

- Metal armors will be only verite/valorite because of high resists OR gold for luck. Any other ingot type will be useless (making armor talking)

So if you want us to use metal armor, we need some love for all type of ingots we have. Leather armors dont have this problem because spined is used for luck armors, and barbed/horned are used for resist at the same level.
But we have 9 TYPE of ingots, and if theres no love of them will only be 3 useful.

Thx for read a poor crafter hehe....

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got an idea! How about leaving refresh potions along.... I mean damn it's bad enough as it is with potions weighing 2x as much as they did in the past. So now you're wanting to make it so that when you need to use a refresh pot it doesn't put you at max? This is still a bad change especially for FELUCIA PVM/PVP

@ DEV TEAM IF YOU ARE IN FELUCIA YOU CAN NOT PUSH THROUGH PEOPLE OR SPAWN! THIS IS WHY YOU NEED TO LEAVE THE REFRESH POTION SYSTEM ALONE. THANKS

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oooer. I thought dci was capped at 45 - as per this list http://uo2.stratics.com/items/magic-item-properties
How much dci do you all have on your armor now then?

It's common to run well-over 45 in order to counteract Hit Lower Defense and the negative effects of Divine Fury.

Don't let anyone tell you it's solely for PvP; PvMers over-do DCI as well, for Divine Fury and on the off-chance that some boss monster has or will have HLD.

The change would let DCI count considerably over 45. This is not a good idea at all for reasons I think should be obvious.

Have built-in DCI (and make it show so people know it's there) that counts toward the cap. So, say, someone could have 45 DCI, wear some metal armor, and thus be that much more protected against HLD.

-Galen's player

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

HLD has been a complete non-factor for too long.
It is too easily negated in even a low to mid level suit.
Why even keep it in the game if it can and always will be completely nullified?

IMO the new DCI cap revision is a tiny means of trying to balance out the long overpowered Curse spell.
I find it very laughable that any Mage now has issue with a mechanic that may lower THEIR untouchable resists even a small amount.
Welcome to the club.

Last edited:

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've also always been a big proponent of giving heavy armor (specifically plate) a built-in PvM-only damage absorption, NOT stacking with Swamp Dragon Barding absorption, to give folks another option to have this absorption besides sliding along on a Swamp Dragon.

While PvM only this would still be of use in Fel for reasons I hope are obvious.

-Galen's player

swroberts

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah we *my husband and I* have a ton of treasuremaps we are holding on to in hopes they change the loot lol!
T-Map loot should also have reduced negative properties...as well as MIB Loot....Loot from Level 7 T-Maps and Legendary nets should have a higher chance of producing a clean legendary Artifact

And give Level 7 maps to pirates as loot in the holds or on bodies.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got an idea! How about leaving refresh potions along.... I mean damn it's bad enough as it is with potions weighing 2x as much as they did in the past. So now you're wanting to make it so that when you need to use a refresh pot it doesn't put you at max? This is still a bad change especially for FELUCIA PVM/PVP

@ DEV TEAM IF YOU ARE IN FELUCIA YOU CAN NOT PUSH THROUGH PEOPLE OR SPAWN! THIS IS WHY YOU NEED TO LEAVE THE REFRESH POTION SYSTEM ALONE. THANKS
I pvm just as much if not more than i pvp and i'm pretty happy with these changes. There's too many people living only because of a backpack. Combine that with healing stones and hpr suits it gets annoying.

This is a step in the right direction. They're nerfing gargs, archers, stone form, dci and wind xheals. If there's a cure pot timer this could be one of the best publishes ever to put more skill back into pvp.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
210 stamina and i believe 60ssi, is 1.25 on 4s weaps, which is achievable, you just lose alot in the process of achieving it.

your chart is incorrect. extensive testing was done to verify this. I've seen this chart before, and it is "off" on the higher base speed weapons
I have imbued Daimyo 's Helms just for that purpose.

swroberts

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've also always been a big proponent of giving heavy armor (specifically plate) a built-in PvM-only damage absorption, NOT stacking with Swamp Dragon Barding absorption, to give folks another option to have this absorption besides sliding along on a Swamp Dragon.

While PvM only this would still be of use in Fel for reasons I hope are obvious.

-Galen's player
I love leaving leather alone but would like to see a little more love to the heavier armor...
-maybe higher imbuer caps per piece
-550 imbue weight to ring/chain
-600 imbue weight to plate/scale

I also don't like the diminishing returns on the Stamina Leech. Either get rid of it or add staminia increase to the heal spells. I hate carrying around potions.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We gave up on doing Pirate ships because all the work that went into just sinking 1 ships wasn't worth it. And there are still times when the ship is bugged and you cannot damage it- which you don't know until after a few shots and realizing the other ship isn't being damaged.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm actually a bit hopeful with the new changes that I'll actually have some sort of chance at the EM events now of doing the same amount of damage as a Wraith Thrower.... we'll have to see. Not sure if my armor will now be 100% useless or not but my bows might actually be ok.

So my next thought is will this change effect all current weapons or just new ones?

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I pvm just as much if not more than i pvp and i'm pretty happy with these changes. There's too many people living only because of a backpack. Combine that with healing stones and hpr suits it gets annoying.

This is a step in the right direction. They're nerfing gargs, archers, stone form, dci and wind xheals. If there's a cure pot timer this could be one of the best publishes ever to put more skill back into pvp.
Lol remember this thread when you get stuck on a slime and die to a group of 5 or more people because you was rubber banding on a a slime and wasn't able to push through it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
We gave up on doing Pirate ships because all the work that went into just sinking 1 ships wasn't worth it. And there are still times when the ship is bugged and you cannot damage it- which you don't know until after a few shots and realizing the other ship isn't being damaged.
I hear you there and the resources needed to actually take down a ship is WAY beyond what the return is for sinking one. Not to mention the time involved in crafting the stuff.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HLD has been a complete non-factor for too long.
It is too easily negated in even a low to mid level suit.
Why even keep it in the game if it can and always will be completely nullified?

IMO the new DCI cap revision is a tiny means of trying to balance out the long overpowered Curse spell.
I find it very laughable that any Mage now has issue with a mechanic that may lower THEIR untouchable resists even a small amount.
Welcome to the club.
I don't think you fully understand what I'm saying. How much it will lower the resist is my concern. I don't care if my resist are @ 60 they normally are while I'm pvping. But any lower than that then yes I would be highly upset.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im not going to say if this part 2 is good or not yet, but theres 1 thing missing here.

we (craffters) NEED some kind of value for ingots, if we are going to use metal armors, because if not , will happen 1 things :

- Metal armors will be only verite/valorite because of high resists OR gold for luck. Any other ingot type will be useless (making armor talking)

So if you want us to use metal armor, we need some love for all type of ingots we have. Leather armors dont have this problem because spined is used for luck armors, and barbed/horned are used for resist at the same level.
But we have 9 TYPE of ingots, and if theres no love of them will only be 3 useful.

Thx for read a poor crafter hehe....
Well Put Sir!!!

Stayin Alive,

BG

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

-Galen's player
Gargoyles also have no way to achieve the "pvm damage absorption", so I agree with this as well. :D

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I thought all the calculators were off, as it looks as if they don't calculate SSI properly. (not verified though) but the math doesn't add up, unless there's some kind of negative SSI in-place before getting to the positives. :D

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol remember this thread when you get stuck on a slime and die to a group of 5 or more people because you was rubber banding on a a slime and wasn't able to push through it.
If a group singles out one person they SHOULD die. Backpacks have been saving people for far too long. There's an apple timer, heal timer and now a reduction in stam pots. When we get a reasonable timer on cures it'll be a great day.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If a group singles out one person they SHOULD die. Backpacks have been saving people for far too long. There's an apple timer, heal timer and now a reduction in stam pots. When we get a reasonable timer on cures it'll be a great day.
So you should die because a group attacked you? That makes no sense... I've killed groups by my self... Now you're saying I should have no chance at surviving? That's just dumb.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Publish Notes 2013 Feb 08 21:18 GMT
We would like to start by thanking everyone who has submitted feedback on the proposed publish 81 changes. Below are a few changes you will see on TC1 as early as next week. Providing more choices of play styles while not invalidating any current play styles is the goal of these changes. We look forward to your additional comments. Here are a few changes that we will be making from your feedback:

· The” Balanced” property can now be found on loot generated two handed weapons. Weapons with this property will be unable to parry or evade.

Thank you for adding “Balanced” to the loot generated two-handed weapons. Will it be added to both the “classic” loot generation (e.g. overland spawn) and/or the “new” loot generation (e.g. re-vamped Shame)?

However, the penalty incurred to “balanced” two-handed weapons is too severe. Any character with Parrying or Parrying & Bushido will be at a severe disadvantage crippled. Their ability to block attacks will be eliminated, effectively negating an entire skill (Parrying) and 50% of the Bushido moves. Nothing is gained by adding this penalty to “Balanced” Two-Handed Weapons. Consider the following scenarios (using UO Stratics – Combat, example skill values given):

1. Characters with 0 Parrying and 0 Bushido. They will be unaffected, as they do not rely on the increased defense provided by the skills. They have 0% chance to block an attack with a weapon (ignoring racial traits, for simplicity). This property will be purely beneficial, as it should be. :)
  2. Characters with 100 Parrying and 0 Bushido. Their highest chance of blocking comes from the use of a shield (30% chance), where as they have a much lower chance to block with only a weapon (17% chance, regardless if 1H or 2H). Focusing on weapon parry (ignoring shields), the ability to drink a potion (with this change) comes at cost of 17% block chance for 2H weapons or NO penalty for 1H weapons. Two-Handed Weapons would remain less favorable to one handed weapons. Without the penalty to “Balanced” this character would be unaffected by their choice of weapon and drinking a potion, and be able to use the abilities of their invested skill. :mad:
  3. Characters with 0 Parrying and 100 Bushido. They will be unaffected, as they do not rely on the increased defense provided by the skill. They have a negligible 5% chance to block an attack with any weapon (due to the bonus provided by GM skill). They already cannot use 50% of the Bushido special moves (their effectiveness is couples to block chance). This property will be purely beneficial, as it should be. :)
  4. Characters with 100 Parrying and 100 Bushido. Their highest chance of blocking comes from using a 2H weapon (29% chance), where as they have a slightly lower chance to block with a 1H weapon (25% chance) Their ability to drink a potion (with this change) comes at cost of 29% block chance AND 50% of the Bushido Moves for 2H weapons or NO penalty for 1H weapons, with a 4% decrease in block chance. Two-Handed Weapons would remain less favorable to one handed weapons. Without the penalty to “Balanced” this character would be unaffected by their choice of weapon and drinking a potion, and be able to use the abilities of their invested skills. :stretcher:
Summary:
Characters without Parrying or Parrying & Bushido will be unaffected. Characters with Parrying or Parrying & Bushido will be deterred from using “Balanced” weapons with this penalty. The weapons are clearly inferior to unbalanced versions. This change (with the penalty) provides no appeal to using 2H weapons versus 1H weapons. This penalty detracts form the "goal" of this publish of providing more choices.

Suggestions:
  • Remove the Penalty from Balanced for Two-Handed Weapons. There is no penalty for a “Balanced” archery weapons, there should be no penalty for a “Balanced” Two-Handed Weapons. Archery already does not benefit from Parrying, so this will not affect Archery. The property should work the same regardless of which 2H weapon it is on. This penalty adds unnecessary complexity to the property. This penalty detracts from the appeal of using 2H weapons, thus does not add more choices to the players.
  • Allow “Balanced” on Crafted Two-Handed Weapons. Crafters cannot be neglected and need to be able to provide an equivalent product as can be looted. If crafted 2H weapons cannot be balanced, then the crafter cannot provide that to his customer. Please allow “Balanced” to Imbuing, and Runic Crafting. The imbuing weight should remain high (comparable to SC), since this is a significant ability. Others have suggested that the total property weight be increased for 2H weapons (I am in favor of this). Any increase in total property weight should be not make the “Balanced” property free, but significant enough for greater appeal of imbued non-balanced 2H weapons (a +50 point increase may be a good start, giving 550 points for exceptional 2H weapons).

Stayin Alive,

BG

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The updated publish won't be up on TC until next week. We wanted to give you guys a heads up as to what we had planned rather then go the whole weekend without an update. When the update hits TC we'll make sure you have a full supply of all your needs for testing the Refinements. We look forward to your continuing feedback.
I don't understand why touch DCI if you're just going to add it back with the refinements?

Can we get a better explaination on how much it'll lower resists and will the plate,threads and resin be a rare drop rate? If it's a guaranteed drop rate, it'll be no difference in how we make our suits right now.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh yeah, my bad, the metal gets 1% and the studded gets 3%. That does absolutely nothing to change the fact that the amount of LMC an item is worth depends upon what else you're wearing and whether or not a given item is the odd one out in your six piece suit.

So if I'm wearing a plate suit and I put on a bone helmet with 8 LMC imbued, I'll actually gain 11 LMC thanks to the +3 inherent bonus. But if I take that same helmet and put it on a character that's already wearing a studded suit, they'll only gain 8 LMC since they were already wearing 5 pieces with +3 inherent bonuses. But if that same character replaces his studded gloves with some ringmail ones, the +3 inherent bonus on the bone helmet suddenly kicks in, since it's now one of the five pieces where the bonus is active. Therefore he'll lose 11 LMC when he takes the helmet off, even though it says 8 LMC on it and was worth 8 when he put it on.

Yeah THAT's not confusing as hell. Boy you sure put me in my place. Good job pretending that mixing up which material gets a +1 bonus and which gets a +3 actually makes a substantive difference to the argument.

Go sit down somewhere, champ.
LOL. I was not pointing out that plate gets just 1%. I was pointing out, that your whole explanation is wrong. And since you posted again a completely wrong example, tells me, you still haven't understood it.

So if I'm wearing a plate suit and I put on a bone helmet with 8 LMC imbued, I'll actually gain 11 LMC thanks to the +3 inherent bonus.
Bone helmet: 8% normal, 3% inherent
Plate Arms: 1% inherent
Plate Hands: 1% inherent
Plate Gorget: 1% inherent
Plate Tunic: 1% inherent
PLate Legs: 1% inherent

Again, ONLY 5 pieces count, and lower LMC has priority over higher ones. This suit gives you 8% normal and 5x1 = 5% inherent bonus. Making a total of 13% for this suit. I have absolutely no clue, where your ominous 11% comes into play...

But if I take that same helmet and put it on a character that's already wearing a studded suit, they'll only gain 8 LMC since they were already wearing 5 pieces with +3 inherent bonuses
Studd.Hands: 3% inherent

8 + 5 x 3 = 23% LMC. Wow, you actually got one right! ;)

But if that same character replaces his studded gloves with some ringmail ones, the +3 inherent bonus on the bone helmet suddenly kicks in, since it's now one of the five pieces where the bonus is active.
Ring.Gloves: 1% inherent

8 + 4 x 3 + 1 = 21% LMC

Therefore he'll lose 11 LMC when he takes the helmet off, even though it says 8 LMC on it and was worth 8 when he put it on.
Ring.Gloves: 1% inherent

4 x 3 + 1 = 13% LMC

Now where do you loose 11 LMC? You just loose 8% LMC, because that's the value on the helmet. Please don't post such obvious wrong things.

Your problem is, that you constantly mix up normal LMC with inherent LMC. Normal LMC works just like before. You have to apply inherent LMC separate at the end of the calculation, not individually per piece as you do it.

This is no rocket science...

Last edited:

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With all of these new changes why can't we have the menu where you mouse over your character and get your stats lmc/resist/lrc/hci/dci/kills/deaths (maybe have this menu with a toggle button so gives the option of other people to see). This is one thing that should have been on production shards long ago and would help new players/old players.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With all of these new changes why can't we have the menu where you mouse over your character and get your stats lmc/resist/lrc/hci/dci/kills/deaths (maybe have this menu with a toggle button so gives the option of other people to see). This is one thing that should have been on production shards long ago and would help new players/old players.

OMG

You said something i agree with :beer:

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its not that simple.

A group should of course be able to kill a solitary person but on the other hand you can't make changes that aid and promote ganking.

UO still needs to allow for solo or non-guild pvp. Factions has already done enough to dumb down and destroy that.