• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Updated Publish 81 Notes

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Publish Notes
2013 Feb 08 21:18 GMT
We would like to start by thanking everyone who has submitted feedback on the proposed publish 81 changes. Below are a few changes you will see on TC1 as early as next week. Providing more choices of play styles while not invalidating any current play styles is the goal of these changes. We look forward to your additional comments. Here are a few changes that we will be making from your feedback:

Armor Stamina Loss Update:

Player’s stamina loss will now be based on the type of armor as well as the amount of armor that is equipped*. Each piece of armor up to five pieces will reduce the amount of stamina lost when taking damage. The armor pieces which provide the most stamina loss reduction will take priority.
  • Cloth armor, leather armor, and jewelry will give the same stamina loss reduction as Pub 80.
  • Blacksmith armor (platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor) will provide a heavy bonus to stamina loss reduction.
  • Studded leather armor, stone armor, bone armor, woodland armor, and hide armor will provide a light bonus to stamina loss reduction.
*Human racial ability Tough now provides a small bonus to stamina loss reduction.
Armor Inherent Mana Phase & SSI Debuff have been removed and replaced by the following:

Armor Inherent Lower Mana Cost
Each piece of non medable armor will provide lower mana cost with the exception of woodland armor. Each piece of armor up to five pieces will provide a percentage which is still subject to the lower mana cost cap of 40. The armor pieces which provide the most lower mana cost will take priority.
  1. Platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor provides 1% of lower mana cost per piece.
  2. Studded leather, hide armor, stone armor and bone armor provides 3% of lower mana cost per piece.

Weapon Revamp

Weapon Update:

• Special Moves
    • Daisho - Primary: Feint / Secondary: Doublestrike
    • Leafblade - Primary: Feint / Secondary: Armor Ignore
  • Soul Glaive: Base damage 16-20 / Weapon Speed 4.0 seconds
  • Composite Bow, Base damage 16-20 / Weapon Speed 4.0 seconds
  • The” Balanced” property can now be found on loot generated two handed weapons. Weapons with this property will be unable to parry or evade.
Weapon Special Move Mana Cost Changes
  • Bladeweave mana cost decreased from 30 to 15.
Combat Changes:

• All cool downs have been removed from refresh potions.” Total” refresh potions have now been converted to “Greater” refresh potions which will provide more refresh than standard refresh potions.

Armor Revamp – Phase 2

Phase two of the Armor Revamp will allow players to apply Refinements to non-medable armor.
Armor Refinements are crafted from refinement components that can be collected from:
  • Treasure Maps
  • MiB Chests
  • Merchant Vessels
  • Pirate Vessels
  • Town shop container stealables
  • Champion Spawn Bosses
When combined with additional raw materials Refinement Components can be crafted into an Armor Refinement. There are three varieties of Refinements:

Plating – Blacksmith Armor

Threads – Tailor Armor

Resin – Carpenter Armor

There are seven levels of intensity for refinements ranging from “Defense” to “Invulnerability” and can be used by a Grandmaster Craftsman to increase one of two item properties:
  • Max Resists – Armor Refined to increase max resists will provide a bonus to a resist category cap up to 75, while lowering the Defense Chance Increase cap.
  • Max Defense Chance Increase – Armor Refined to increase max Defense Chance Increase will provide a DCI cap bonus up to 95 while lowering max resists.

Please submit feedback through one of the following:

Continue reading...

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Armor idea looks fairly solid i suppose, except i do not think that the lmc on the armor should need to stay under the 40% lmc cap. it should allow you to overcap "some". maybe up to 50% As it sits, i still probably wouldn't use non-med armor. Going over the 40% lmc cap might change peoples minds.

I sure wish that leafblade could continue to have Bleed as proposed, but not game breaking :)

The Balanced mod on 2 handed weaps, only on looted stuff... doesn't work for me at least.

Two handed weapons should be able to have balanced, imbued or looted. and Two handed weapons should have a 600% intensity imbuing cap, and maybe allow a 6th mod. As it sits, i still don't see a reason to use 99% of two handed weaps because you aren't going to get very good looted ones either.

The balanced mod as a whole should only be 50-100 intensity, not 150.

There still isn't a better reason to use "Heavier, slower" weapons.

I don't fully understand the refinement things on phase two... since when is the DCI Cap 95? i'm at a loss with that, i think it needs to be explained in more detail. As for the resists, unless im missing something with the dci caps, everyone is just going to have 75 fire resist..

Last edited:

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And
Bump that LMC to go over Cap and you may have something. Still under 40 not gonna make much of a difference.
Yeah I agree I like what they did with lmc on the armor instead of the silly ssi thing and mana phase. But I think it would be better if it went over cap. That being said though having that lmc being a part of the armor should help with imbuing assuming that lmc doesn;t count towards the weapons property weight lol.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And
Bump that LMC to go over Cap and you may have something. Still under 40 not gonna make much of a difference.
Definitely. I think if they do something with that armor going overcap with LMC, then it is right on the money with what is needed for the armor to be used.

Now if only we could get something right on the money for heavy, slow, and two handed weapons.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
If 3.75 were the slowest swing speed weapon that would be a better 2handed weapon change but overall I cant wait to test these changes out. I do have to agree that the armor lmc should go past the cap.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glory on High to the Leafblade revert and the changes to the Soul Glaive and Composite Bow.

This is looking much much better. Two Thumbs up!:thumbup: :thumbup:

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Armor idea looks fairly solid i suppose, except i do not think that the lmc on the armor should need to stay under the 40% lmc cap. it should allow you to overcap "some". maybe up to 50% As it sits, i still probably wouldn't use non-med armor. Going over the 40% lmc cap might change peoples minds.

I sure wish that leafblade could continue to have Bleed as proposed, but not game breaking :)

The Balanced mod on 2 handed weaps, only on looted stuff... doesn't work for me at least.

Two handed weapons should be able to have balanced, imbued or looted. and Two handed weapons should have a 600% intensity imbuing cap, and maybe allow a 6th mod. As it sits, i still don't see a reason to use 99% of two handed weaps because you aren't going to get very good looted ones either.

The balanced mod as a whole should only be 50-100 intensity, not 150.

There still isn't a better reason to use "Heavier, slower" weapons.

I don't fully understand the refinement things on phase two... since when is the DCI Cap 95? i'm at a loss with that, i think it needs to be explained in more detail. As for the resists, unless im missing something with the dci caps, everyone is just going to have 75 fire resist..
Yeah maybe allow you to overcap between 50-55% *though 55% might be a bit high would definately need testing!* Yeah I am glad we can find balanced on twohanded weapons now..but why not make it imbuable as well? I agree with making it cheaper as well I would be happy with it costing 100. Also I have been a fan of the idea of raising intensity of twohanded weapons to 600% and allowing a 6th mod. It would help close the gap between those who use a onehanded weapon and shield. I mean I have seen some outright insane shields!

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glory on High to the Leafblade revert and the changes to the Soul Glaive and Composite Bow.

This is looking much much better. Two Thumbs up!:thumbup: :thumbup:
Agreed there is still work to be done but over all I was quite happy reading these patch notes! I cheered a little irl when they took the composite bow back to 4 secs. I no longer have to stop using mine next patch! And better yet the damage is still buffed!

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Definitely. I think if they do something with that armor going overcap with LMC, then it is right on the money with what is needed for the armor to be used.

Now if only we could get something right on the money for heavy, slow, and two handed weapons.
Yeah I think armor is almost there. Weapons still need some work. But I am not expecting them to fix everything in one little patch to test center. This is a great start though.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for updating the Publish Notes. This is necessary for us, yes, but even moreso for the players who do not read Stratics! So, good that you did it.

I should first ask: Do these new Notes replace the old ones (as they appear to, and should) or supplement them? For example are the weapon base damage changes still there?

I think I was 1 of 5 people who are disappointed by giving Leafblade back the Feint move. So, I understand why you did it. (Even though it's still weird to me to give an elf weapon a Samurai move!)

The DCI bonus appears to be rather over-powered. (DCI 95%? That's.....Beyond extreme. Beyond. Even while lowering the resist cap, it's still beyond extreme.) If you must have a DCI thing for metal armor, why not give heavy armor DCI that counts toward the DCI cap, but does not count toward Imbuing weight, thereby allowing those who wear heavy armor to free up item slots but not allowing them to go over cap on anything?

The increased resist cap, coupled with the reduced stamina damage, is also rather over-powered. I have elsewhere posted why this move isn't really as logical as it might seem in a realism sense, and besides: In a gameplay sense it goes way, way beyond what is needed to increase the viability of heavier armor. If you MUST allow over cap resists, it should be for physical resist only. If you want hyper-realism people should cook inside plate when their are flame-striked and plate should get stuck in the mud (as at the Battle of Agincourt) or flood with water and drown the wearer (as at the Battle of Mohacs).

The reduced stamina damage and the potential for an increased resist cap I argue actually swings the pendulum toward heavy armor!

While increased customize-ability of armor is always appreciated, in general, what's been long-asked for, the ability to take something in one slot and change its appearance to another item in the same slot (glasses to plate helm; rune beetle carapace to chain mail tunic; etc.) would have been more-appreciated.

The LMC thing also over-reaches. Especially given that most of us who need 40% LMC already have it. Unnecessary, at best.

This is considerably better than the first run but I still argue that it over-reaches.

But it's much, much better, thank you. The notes are also written more-clearly which is also rather appreciated.

-Galen's player

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
refinements seem interesting need more info though. Like how much does increasing the resist cap lower the dci cap? On the other hand how much does increasing the dci cap lower resists? But this seems like a pretty neat idea will need more info though and of course plenty of testing!

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for updating the Publish Notes. This is necessary for us, yes, but even moreso for the players who do not read Stratics! So, good that you did it.

I should first ask: Do these new Notes replace the old ones (as they appear to, and should) or supplement them? For example are the weapon base damage changes still there?

I think I was 1 of 5 people who are disappointed by giving Leafblade back the Feint move. So, I understand why you did it. (Even though it's still weird to me to give an elf weapon a Samurai move!)

The DCI bonus appears to be rather over-powered. (DCI 95%? That's.....Beyond extreme. Beyond. Even while lowering the resist cap, it's still beyond extreme.) If you must have a DCI thing for metal armor, why not give heavy armor DCI that counts toward the DCI cap, but does not count toward Imbuing weight, thereby allowing those who wear heavy armor to free up item slots but not allowing them to go over cap on anything?

The increased resist cap, coupled with the reduced stamina damage, is also rather over-powered. I have elsewhere posted why this move isn't really as logical as it might seem in a realism sense, and besides: In a gameplay sense it goes way, way beyond what is needed to increase the viability of heavier armor. If you MUST allow over cap resists, it should be for physical resist only. If you want hyper-realism people should cook inside plate when their are flame-striked and plate should get stuck in the mud (as at the Battle of Agincourt) or flood with water and drown the wearer (as at the Battle of Mohacs).

The reduced stamina damage and the potential for an increased resist cap I argue actually swings the pendulum toward heavy armor!

While increased customize-ability of armor is always appreciated, in general, what's been long-asked for, the ability to take something in one slot and change its appearance to another item in the same slot (glasses to plate helm; rune beetle carapace to chain mail tunic; etc.) would have been more-appreciated.

The LMC thing also over-reaches. Especially given that most of us who need 40% LMC already have it. Unnecessary, at best.

This is considerably better than the first run but I still argue that it over-reaches.

But it's much, much better, thank you. The notes are also written more-clearly which is also rather appreciated.

-Galen's player
I think the 95% dci thing is in response to the HLD changes. So that if people want to they can still overcap and if they get hit with hld they are still at cap. At least that is my thought need to read the HLD changes again. But yeah my first thought was 95%!!? I think we really need to know numbers. I mean for all we know it may be possible to raise all your resists to 75 but it might put your dci cap super low. I think the lmc changes are fine and actually need to allow you to go over the cap. Refinements are definately going to need testing though. I hope they post some exact numbers soon.

Last edited:

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So i can still drink 50 refreshes in a row with no timer, thank god :rolleyes:

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your doing it wrong partially wrong still.

Why don't you keep the stamina loss for leather armor, jewelry, cloth the SAME AS IT IS NOW PRE-PUB.

And just make it so the new changes to plate make it even LESS. Your still going to make leather armor useless going this route.

What is so wrong with that?

The LMC Bonus seems stupid...

The refinements seem kind of dumb, sacrificing Resists or DCI.... A curse brings you to 60 resists anyways in elemental. So it does no good in the PvP aspect of things.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Things I don't like...

1) LMC for heavy Armor. IF it can go over the 40% Lmc cap then maybe, but I'd still be annoyed that Heavy Armor is trying to get me to go the MANA route. I'd be more inclined if Platemail came with Hit point Increase. Make that HPI go over-cap & you've got a WINNER imo & that lines up with what I think the general "tough to kill" aspect of heavy armor means to most. HPI is also more universally useful. I've built Garg thrower wolf-form templates that don't use ANY mana (Sa-Vok ).

2) I now understand why the Hit lower Defense Mechanic was upgraded so substantially..... Just for those that don't recall. Currently HLD is -25 DCI to your target. Aka if your 70% DCI and your under HLD your still at max of 45% DCI. The pub 81 notes CHANGED HLD to apply a Penalty of 55% of your DCI. Which means prior to this updated notes thread we are in we all assumed a constant hard cap of 70% DCI. Under the proposed HLD changes you'd lose 55% of that which is ~ -38 DCI. I'll leave all that have pvped before to think about what pvping with 38 LESS DCI would amount to. With the new Armor Refinements your hard cap looks like it can go to 95%..... Under HLD that's -55% of 95 DCI leaving you with 43% DCI. So....... if you maxxed out your armor refinements for 95% (lowering your resist caps.. lol) you'd potentialy be at a small ~ 2% penalty 43% DCI vs 45% HCI (hit trying to hit you) for a warrior with HLD, The problem being that dropping base resistances isn't viable imo bc half the characters are mages lol.

Short Version. I don't like Armor Refinements.... though I haven't thought about it enough to suggest better options yet.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Why don't you keep the stamina loss for leather armor, jewelry, cloth the SAME AS IT IS NOW PRE-PUB.

And just make it so the new changes to plate make it even LESS. Your still going to make leather armor useless going this route.

What is so wrong with that?

The LMC Bonus seems stupid...

The refinements seem kind of dumb, sacrificing Resists or DCI.... A curse brings you to 60 resists anyways in elemental. So it does no good in the PvP aspect of things.
I could be misunderstanding but I think leather armor jewerly and cloth will provide the same stamina loss as it does now on live. That is the impression I got then nonmed armor will scale up from that. Yeah refinements I am kinda iffy on they seem pretty neat on one hand on the other like you said a curse brings you to 60s resist anyway. So thinking about it that way having it lower resists doesn;t seem like a good way to go. Not sure about dci thogh we really need some numbers. I think the lmc bonus would be good if it allowed you to go over cap. As it is now assuming it doesn;t count towards property weight I guess that allows you more weight to imbue other things. However if it does then if you can;t go over cap it doesn;t really help at all.

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Publish Notes
We would like to start by thanking everyone who has submitted feedback on the proposed publish 81 changes. Below are a few changes you will see on TC1 as early as next week. Providing more choices of play styles while not invalidating any current play styles is the goal of these changes. We look forward to your additional comments. Here are a few changes that we will be making from your feedback:
I appreciate the fact that you also included an intended goal in this update post, something several posters had commented on in the TC forums.

- In general you kept the same theme and I can understand that, I will need to further test the reductions before giving additional feedback.

Armor Inherent Mana Phase & SSI Debuff have been removed and replaced by the following: Armor Inherent Lower Mana Cost

- Thank you for getting rid of the Mana Phase/SSI Debuff systems. Will this new value show up on the armor or count as imbuing weight? An example: If I imbue a piece of bone armor with 8 lmc, will it show as 11? I notice wood armor is currently not included (possibly because of its enhance bonuses currently), however the feedback others have given about the LMC bonus going over the cap is a valid suggestion.

Weapon Revamp

Weapon Update:

- I'm sure you made many people happy with the revert on the Daisho and leafblade (a few sad as well, sorry gals and guys).
- The change on the Soul Glaive and Composite Bow is very welcomed, and should more closely balance the two skills. I would now love to see you use Barry Gibs' #3 suggestion (http://stratics.com/community/threads/publish-81-bows.294013/) in regards to the Elven Composite, it would really flesh out the choices archers could employ, and further reduce the abundance of slow weapons we already have.
- The Balanced property is a step in the right direction, I still understand people's observations that two-handers might require more adjustments however.
- The Bladeweave change I am still underwhelmed by, I fully realise it might just be my distaste for random effects, so I will obviously concede that any reduction in mana on said move is an improvement.

Combat Changes:

- I will need to log onto test to see the value on the new "Greater" refresh potion, but I am 100% certain you can hear the sigh of relief from many players. I personally was "ok" with a cooldown of 2-5 seconds, but I also believe that fel push-through was definately going to be an issue, so I am content with this change.

Armor Revamp – Phase 2

- I must admit this is where I get lost a bit. I appreciate the fact that treasure hunters, fisherman, pirate hunters, and even champion killers get some attention, but I'm not sure I understand exactly how the system works. I guess I will need to hop onto test (Are these new materials made available? Can they be made available if the answer is no?) or have someone who comprehends this change better than myself explain it to me.

Thank you for the update, looking forward to hearing more from you in the future, and a big thank you to Tina, your posts have been extremely helpful to me.

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are seven levels of intensity for refinements ranging from “Defense” to “Invulnerability” and can be used by a Grandmaster Craftsman to increase one of two item properties:
  • Max Resists – Armor Refined to increase max resists will provide a bonus to a resist category cap up to 75, while lowering the Defense Chance Increase cap.
  • Max Defense Chance Increase – Armor Refined to increase max Defense Chance Increase will provide a DCI cap bonus up to 95 while lowering max resists.
I'm assuming this would mean players would now be able to become 75/75/75/75/75 in all resists? how would this work with the Elven racial of 75 energy, would it allow one to go to 80?

Also... Curse spell would lower resistances (PVP) to 75/65/65/65/65 ? or will Curse continue to lower resistances to 60?

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Things I don't like...

1) LMC for heavy Armor. IF it can go over the 40% Lmc cap then maybe, but I'd still be annoyed that Heavy Armor is trying to get me to go the MANA route. I'd be more inclined if Platemail came with Hit point Increase. Make that HPI go over-cap & you've got a WINNER imo & that lines up with what I think the general "tough to kill" aspect of heavy armor means to most. HPI is also more universally useful. I've built Garg thrower wolf-form templates that don't use ANY mana (Sa-Vok ).

2) I now understand why the Hit lower Defense Mechanic was upgraded so substantially..... Just for those that don't recall. Currently HLD is -25 DCI to your target. Aka if your 70% DCI and your under HLD your still at max of 45% DCI. The pub 81 notes CHANGED HLD to apply a Penalty of 55% of your DCI. Which means prior to this updated notes thread we are in we all assumed a constant hard cap of 70% DCI. Under the proposed HLD changes you'd lose 55% of that which is ~ -38 DCI. I'll leave all that have pvped before to think about what pvping with 38 LESS DCI would amount to. With the new Armor Refinements your hard cap looks like it can go to 95%..... Under HLD that's -55% of 95 DCI leaving you with 43% DCI. So....... if you maxxed out your armor refinements for 95% (lowering your resist caps.. lol) you'd potentialy be at a small ~ 2% penalty 43% DCI vs 45% HCI (hit trying to hit you) for a warrior with HLD, The problem being that dropping base resistances isn't viable imo bc half the characters are mages lol.

Short Version. I don't like Armor Refinements.... though I haven't thought about it enough to suggest better options yet.
Yeah I donlt think lowering resists is the way to go especially since curse already lowers them like Rumpy pointed out. I worry that combined with the lowered resist cap with a curse you would have people in the 50s in resists! Which would not work! I think I like the overall idea of armor refinements but the more I think about it the more I am not a fan of what they are proposing right now. I can;t think of anything better though.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm assuming this would mean players would now be able to become 75/75/75/75/75 in all resists? how would this work with the Elven racial of 75 energy, would it allow one to go to 80?

Also... Curse spell would lower resistances (PVP) to 75/65/65/65/65 ? or will Curse continue to lower resistances to 60?
Yeah that is a good question then of course if you were to raise all your resists like that just how much would your dci cap go down? Also while clearly we need more info thinking about this more it seems like your best choice would be to go with raising resists. I mean sure you will get hit by dexxers more often but you will take less damage. Raising the dci cap would help against dexxers of course but the lowered resists could be a death sentence faced with a mage.

Last edited:

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All valid questions posed by Rumpy, Covenant, and Chise. We definately need more information to test this, or the ability to have these materials provided for us on TC.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like another weekend on TC. Only Question I have so far concerning the resist cap from enhacement. Will elves be capping energy resist at 80 now? How does it work with stone form? Eh.. I guess I could just find out for myself.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like another weekend on TC. Only Question I have so far concerning the resist cap from enhacement. Will elves be capping energy resist at 80 now? How does it work with stone form? Eh.. I guess I could just find out for myself.
Yeah I am quite eager for this to get on test center so I can start testing things myself! I really want to know how things are with stamina with this change. Not to mention to see if that lmc on nonmed armor counts towards the items property weight or not.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The resist cap stuff does have some cool potential in pvm... depending on how it works. Capping one resist at the cost DCI cap allows you to custom build armor to certain damage types of mobs you are fighting.

Oh on Test Center next week :(

Last edited:

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since the extreme stamina penalty has been somewhat lifted, will Mage armor receive the same benefit in regard to stamina reduction?

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The resist cap stuff does have some cool potential in pvm... depending on how it works. Capping one resist at the cost DCI cap allows you to custom build armor to certain damage types of mobs you are fighting.

Oh on Test Center next week :(
Yeah next week cant come quick enough lol! Yeah the resist thing really has some potential in both pvp and pvm I think. The dci thing I think needs rethinking.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah that is a good question then of course if you were to raise all your resists like that just how much would your dci cap go down?
well for someone like me... DCI doesn't seem to do much (if anything), I get hit by dexers like 90% of the time it seems....
5% more resistance in everything would be a noticeable increase though, especially if its all resists going to 75/65 after curse.

The reason I'm wondering about the 65 resist After curse is because Elves go down to 70/60/60/60/65 after curse due to their racial bonus to energy resist.

Although they could mean one resistance can go above 70... so someones suit could look like 70/75/70/70/70 for instance... but guess we won't know for sure until a dev says something or until these changes make their way to TC1.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well for someone like me... DCI doesn't seem to do much (if anything), I get hit by dexers like 90% of the time it seems....
5% more resistance in everything would be a noticeable increase though, especially if its all resists going to 75/65 after curse.

The reason I'm wondering about the 65 resist After curse is because Elves go down to 70/60/60/60/65 after curse due to their racial bonus to energy resist.

Although they could mean one resistance can go above 70... so someones suit could look like 70/75/70/70/70 for instance... but guess we won't know for sure until a dev says something or until these changes make their way to TC1.
Yeah I think the resist thing is definately more helpful then dci. I mean extra resists help against both dexxers and mages. But of course we still donlt know if it is possible to raise all your resists.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry, but it is extremely aggravating to get notes like this that just tell us we need to go do t-maps, MiBs, hunt down merchant and pirate vessels, steal from containers in town, or do complete champ spawns in order to find these mysterious new ingredients. Do you guys REALLY think that people are going to spend their limited playing time doing that kind of stuff on TC this weekend with the RNG as crummy as it usual is and hope that they find ALL of the various materials and play around with them???

I just now tried the "Give Resources" command on Test Center and it does not give any new resources. Also, there's NO ONE in Haven and almost nothing laying on the ground, so obviously no one fell all over themselves to go there and start looking for this stuff.

Can't you JUST ONCE quit teasing us / mocking us with notes like this and give us some more complete notes to work with us? Hell, we're doing you guys a favor since your testing department is so skimpy by taking our time to go try to test this. At least have enough respect for us to give us decent information to work with. I'm pretty disgusted at this point about the quality of these notes and think any other reactions you get like mine are completely justified.

This is BS, guys. Please give us better information to work with.
I do agree they need to be more specific with these notes. These changes are not up on test center though btw. I do think thoughthat they need to allow give resources to give some of these new ingrediants. Because yeah other wise its going to be a pain trying to test refinements.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah next week cant come quick enough lol! Yeah the resist thing really has some potential in both pvp and pvm I think. The dci thing I think needs rethinking.
This is where a more in depth explanation comes in handy. If ithe DC cap increase lowers all resists then it's not so workable. If you were somehow allowed to select which resist were lowered, say dumping 5% cold resist cap to hit the DCI cap (cap) then it becomes easier to work with. You could even use the soak on fish pies null the effect. Maybe go so far as to suggest changing the effect of fish pies to re-cap its corresponding damage soak's resist to 70... while the efect was active.

Im not so sure DCI cap of 95 really matters that much in pvm though. I dont think there are alot of mobs dishing out HLD.

King_Fisher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love that the devs are listening! I don't care what happens with armor or weapons it just changes up the game to play again.

I just can't get past the Refinement for "Plated Armor" art. That's a cake image if I'm not mistaken. I would never again take my warrior seriously after smearing cake on his armor to add resist/dci lol.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is where a more in depth explanation comes in handy. If ithe DC cap increase lowers all resists then it's not so workable. If you were somehow allowed to select which resist were lowered, say dumping 5% cold resist cap to hit the DCI cap (cap) then it becomes easier to work with. You could even use the soak on fish pies null the effect. Maybe go so far as to suggest changing the effect of fish pies to re-cap its corresponding damage soak's resist to 70... while the efect was active.

Im not so sure DCI cap of 95 really matters that much in pvm though. I dont think there are alot of mobs dishing out HLD.
Yeah I was mainly talking about the increased resists helping in pvm. Also yeah if you could select what resist cap to lower it could work.

Radugast

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should scale the refinement enhancments giving plate the highest resist capability otherwise your gona run into the same problem as now! Everyones gona choose the same type of non-medible armor to craft and Refine!?

And please make these new ingredients stack right out the gate!! Thank you

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once this gets patched to TC the items need to be provided to give resources or just in the banks and once all imbalances of refining are handled then we can test the drop and how they work and hopefully have a hammered out system in a month or two..please don't rush this one

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
right. hopefully they provide the stuff for these armor boosts on tc. looking them over i almost prefer they weren't in the publish.... weaps still need some love, and i really hate the idea of being able to hit 75 in a resist.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Publish Notes

Player’s stamina loss will now be based on the type of armor as well as the amount of armor that is equipped*. Each piece of armor up to five pieces will reduce the amount of stamina lost when taking damage. The armor pieces which provide the most stamina loss reduction will take priority.
  • Cloth armor, leather armor, and jewelry will give the same stamina loss reduction as Pub 80.
  • Blacksmith armor (platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor) will provide a heavy bonus to stamina loss reduction.
  • Studded leather armor, stone armor, bone armor, woodland armor, and hide armor will provide a light bonus to stamina loss reduction.

I thought that is what they ment by saying Pub 80. That our current gear would work the same as the Prodo shards (Pub 80) or better. Well guess what THEY DO NOT WORK THE SAME.

Baja Shard Warrior Class Char All 70s resist. Fully med suit with arties. Went to New Haven and let some "a spectral spellbinder" cast spells on me. Only time Stamina dropped was when they cursed me.

Copy Warrior Class Char to Test Center 1

Test Center 1 Same char and suit as on Baja Shard. Had 2 TWO, thats right just two "a spectral spellbinder" casting spells on me and guess what, THEY DID NOT FIX A THING. In 1-2 min they dropped my Stamina from 136 to 40 with spells alone, so bottom line is if these changes go to Prodo Shards all my Warrior Class Gear are still worthless. Thank You UO. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought that is what they ment by saying Pub 80. That our current gear would work the same as the Prodo shards (Pub 80) or better. Well guess what THEY DO NOT WORK THE SAME.

Baja Shard Warrior Class Char All 70s resist. Fully med suit with arties. Went to New Haven and let some "a spectral spellbinder" cast spells on me. Only time Stamina dropped was when they cursed me.

Copy Warrior Class Char to Test Center 1

Test Center 1 Same char and suit as on Baja Shard. Had 2 TWO, thats right just two "a spectral spellbinder" casting spells on me and guess what, THEY DID NOT FIX A THING. In 1-2 min they dropped my Stamina from 136 to 40 with spells alone, so bottom line is if these changes go to Prodo Shards all my Warrior Class Gear are still worthless. Thank You UO. Have a nice day.
I am pretty sure the changes are not up on test yet.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Phase two of the Armor Revamp will allow players to apply Refinements to non-medable armor.
Armor Refinements are crafted from refinement components that can be collected from:
  • Treasure Maps
  • MiB Chests
  • Merchant Vessels
  • Pirate Vessels
  • Town shop container stealables
  • Champion Spawn Bosses
While you are fiddiling with t-map loot, can you change all the items to mirror the new dungeon loot? :)

Last edited:

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While you are fiddiling with t-map loot, can you change all the items to mirror the new dungeon loot? :)
I'd give you two thumbs up for that comment if I could, and even more praise for the change if they made it.

*For anyone that is commenting on the changes; these aren't available yet, which unfortunately only leaves us with the ability to talk about them in theory, or rehash old feedback concerns.*

Last edited:

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't know what else to say except great job and thanks.

Before I read this I would not have believed it possible that the vast majority of constructive feedback could have been so clearly & intelligently worked into a revision.

Everything is ofc subject to testing but I really like the refresh give & take and the very cool random balanced mod on looted 2 handers.
Anything that brings back that old fantastic feeling of finding a silver vanq at the terathan keep has got to be good for the game imo.

I am still not crazy at all about the sinking feeling that my existing, high end leather warrior suit will no longer be what it was before but based upon the new revisions I can accept that for what it is and roll with the times.

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
right. hopefully they provide the stuff for these armor boosts on tc. looking them over i almost prefer they weren't in the publish.... weaps still need some love, and i really hate the idea of being able to hit 75 in a resist.
Yeah thinking about it I think it could be overpowered if you could raise all resists to 75. Would need testing though and we still donlt know if that is possible. For all we know it could just be one resist maybe two.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad to see them including t-map loot. 90% of the T-Map loot is worthless junk. Chance for one or two new dungeon loot items would be nice.

Last edited: