• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chesapeake PVP Thread

L

longshanks

Let me make sure I follow this.

You say you can only play when you are at a high speed hot spot, assuming WiFI, like at a starbucks or something?

What hotspot were you at on 7/22 at 4:21 am when you posted that?
Your mom's house of course :lick:

sorry lynk. couldnt resist.

in jest of course

C

Carnage loves uo

i have satellite internet at home but have you ever tried to play uo with satellite internet? its horrid, its like 56k speed but no i go to college and when i go up there to do some home work or something i will do it then hop on uo for a lil while

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
paith ur one of the best duelers in this game, no one denies that. I only talk crap cuz ur ego is too biggg to be in a video game. It is a GAME ya know! If you beat someone why dont u try saying, hey good job, or good fight.. Not hey u suck blah blah blah. Not everyone played this game for 13 years, 12 hours a day on test just cycling mage spells.

I'm not sure who eli was on that day, maybe deceptive soul. however, u were crying about how we were gankin u so he said hed fight u. four of us sat down and watched the bank roof, while he had u a quarter life and he was almost full. outta know ghhddd came in and almost got him statted. Just call it like i see it

And what i said about chad is true, I know the person who wrote it and a few ppl who have got it. one button, dismounts u, targets them, dismounts them, all kill the person.. and if u whiff the dismount it instantly remounts you. pets in general to me are just not fun, but bringing that to the table means u got some serious insecurity issues in ur life to not even want to compete in a game that has no real life effect on you.
I do not even like dueling and haven't enjoyed dueling for years. Nor did I ever sit on test and practice dueling.

I never claimed to be a UO god that has never died. Heck, I died to Stuicide for the first time the other day. I do not recall the fight that you are talking about so I can't comment, but I would have no issue fighting whoever your talking about one v one if I saw him. I usually tell my guildies NOT to come around me if I have a one v one going because that will make the other person run.

And as far as you thinking chad uses a script to pvp... you are an idiot. lol. Its not hard to hit macros. Maybe it is for some?

L

longshanks

good fight in despise last nite p@in vs ld.

ld got the coon in the end but they took many casulties in the process. we screwed up at the outset coming down the drop when u had it fielded. we figured to get up a dispel field and pour in afterwards but our first guy in couldnt find it quick enough and u guys reapplied the field.

anyway were working on getting our communication down still so well keep raiding and defending along the way.

got pug down a few times which was good stuff.

peace

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not even like dueling and haven't enjoyed dueling for years. Nor did I ever sit on test and practice dueling.

I never claimed to be a UO god that has never died. Heck, I died to Stuicide for the first time the other day. I do not recall the fight that you are talking about so I can't comment, but I would have no issue fighting whoever your talking about one v one if I saw him. I usually tell my guildies NOT to come around me if I have a one v one going because that will make the other person run.

And as far as you thinking chad uses a script to pvp... you are an idiot. lol. Its not hard to hit macros. Maybe it is for some?
i am no idiot sir and that was not an assumption its a fact! like i said ive got the inside info. Anyways ur talking to a mage who has my whole keyboard filled with macros and half my screen with tabs. Its much harder to do that then play an archer all kill no skill template. Yet I play like a man, and some play the easiest temps and still have to use other means of getting kills to feel good about themselves. Just food for thought..

P.S. 2 weeks ago i proved the hypocricy of lox and he didnt respond GG "HIGH FIVE"

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
P.S. 2 weeks ago i proved the hypocricy of lox and he didnt respond GG "HIGH FIVE"
I'm confused? Say wha? Respond to what? You simply proved that you are 'recently juiced up' by saying you've always pinged 40-80. I've ALWAYS pinged 15-25. But now all the sudden you can keep up with me; when as small as 4-6 months ago when I played a lot; I would run you down and actually over run you? Fail sir. Fail. :mf_prop:

Not sure what "HYPOCRICY" you speak of either. But be sure to let me know and I'll get back to you in 2 weeks again.

PS: I'm on vacation. Jus sayin'

Droid > All other phones

L

longshanks

good fight at the harrower last nite. thanks ld for popping it.

we let are fields drop at the first push and you had yours set up on the
angle. we probably should have pushed a bit more, but its part of the learning curve.

we were set up well when u were exiting but didnt have our mass dispels up to get rid of ur daemons and such.

i wasnt on but heard we got the better of you in tortoise prior to the harry.

i laughed at one point cause obliv was trash talking at booger in gen chat and we had a ghost down there that said pug just died. i guess more healing and less talking obli. :mf_prop:

good stuff though. we got quite a few guys recently back to the game so they still getting there gear and skills upto par. on top of that we trying to work together and figure out who calls etc.

was fun.

it was what i'd call a gravy raid. was ur skulls so if we took it from you would be all gravy baby...

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I personally enjoyed the despise/destard fight afterwards. A little non-faction 2 man team interfering with you big boys is always fun. Had a good time trying to kill Lynk and the guy who's name i remembered last night but don't now. I love how chessy has gotten some serious fighting going on without completely zerging. It makes for good all around fun.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Oh, yeah. Where was MvP last night??? Where was the gate trash??? All these people go and pretend to PvP at the gate, but when a fight is announced on global, they don't come. Talbo and I are just two little blues and we came... didn't do much, but it definately added to the fun, I think at least. If Minax had had respresentation, we'd have had a 4 way faction fight which would have been just cool!

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm confused? Say wha? Respond to what? You simply proved that you are 'recently juiced up' by saying you've always pinged 40-80. I've ALWAYS pinged 15-25. But now all the sudden you can keep up with me; when as small as 4-6 months ago when I played a lot; I would run you down and actually over run you? Fail sir. Fail. :mf_prop:

Not sure what "HYPOCRICY" you speak of either. But be sure to let me know and I'll get back to you in 2 weeks again.

PS: I'm on vacation. Jus sayin'

Droid > All other phones
i feel bad for you that u are responding to stratics on vacation.. thats just saddd.. and that ping was taken the day i posted it.. so yes u still fail cuz thats the speed i was at and still am

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
good fight at the harrower last nite. thanks ld for popping it.

we let are fields drop at the first push and you had yours set up on the
angle. we probably should have pushed a bit more, but its part of the learning curve.

we were set up well when u were exiting but didnt have our mass dispels up to get rid of ur daemons and such.

i wasnt on but heard we got the better of you in tortoise prior to the harry.

i laughed at one point cause obliv was trash talking at booger in gen chat and we had a ghost down there that said pug just died. i guess more healing and less talking obli. :mf_prop:

good stuff though. we got quite a few guys recently back to the game so they still getting there gear and skills upto par. on top of that we trying to work together and figure out who calls etc.

was fun.

it was what i'd call a gravy raid. was ur skulls so if we took it from you would be all gravy baby...
first off pug was dieing from his protector to get justice.. he got rez killed by booger and then booger got face planted.. thats when the trash talking started, so u got ur facts wronggg..

we did not lose tortoise. we dropped more of you then u did of us. all u did was rush the baraccoon and then choked out star praying we'd pop in. which one did and died. If u wanna call that a win so be it. We woulda dropped the baracoon and then pusshed all of u till u all died or we did, we would not have ran away.. just saying... BTW we pushed up last night outnumbered with all the scrolls on us, we didnt have a stealther run them out.. heres the result

L

longshanks

some guys just like the warm comforting feeling the gate provides. a mans got to know his limitations.

there were some sl kids down there last nite new recruit and grey goose, not sure who they are.

the uhoh guys showed up as well.

P@in was chaining despise looking for a fight to get some work in fielding and such.

L

longshanks

like i said u won it. your crew has been together a bit longer than ours.

also like i said i wasnt at tortoise, so dont know the details, just going off what was said in vent went i got in.

u got an all star crew. we got guys that havent played together long and some who have just come back after a few years off. were getting guys upto speed with scrolls, suits and what not.

also our guild is now about 3 weeks old.

so u should win for now. we will keep coming after you though of that u can be assured. will try to learn from each fight and get better.

funny how your old minax crew was a no show. guess there resigned to house hiding at the gate now :/

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had a good time trying to kill Lynk and the guy who's name i remembered last night but don't now.
Did you guys get me?

I seriously need to update my gear. All of my characters on Chessy are wearing crap suits. Most of them were built with a GM tailor and a few horned runic kits + faction gear.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you guys get me?

I seriously need to update my gear. All of my characters on Chessy are wearing crap suits. Most of them were built with a GM tailor and a few horned runic kits + faction gear.
lol, naw I got you infront of Destard. It was the first time I had seen you in the field, so I ignored the P@IN, and other LD and went big on ya.

Then got the hell outta dodge.

We had fun lasntight fighting the P@IN guild in despise, and outside destard. Bastids need to chill on the d-mounts though. Spent have the time fighting you guys on Grey Goose jumpin in and out of animal form! That's a rough fight for a mage.:gee:

L

longshanks

lol, naw I got you infront of Destard. It was the first time I had seen you in the field, so I ignored the P@IN, and other LD and went big on ya.

We had fun lasntight fighting the P@IN guild in despise, and outside destard. Bastids need to chill on the d-mounts though. Spent have the time fighting you guys on Grey Goose jumpin in and out of animal form! That's a rough fight for a mage.:gee:
good template. your tough and so's ur buddy.

love the avatar by the way.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
yeah, grey goose and recruit are no joke. we flanked around when you guys were going crazy with the TB guys in despise to see if we could get some kills coming from the backside... no dice. You suprised us at the stairs down... didn't make a good showing for us at all.

I have noticed that p@in enjoys their immediate dismount TTP. It is effective. Makes me want to institude ninja on my guys... which I hate.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

lol, yea, act like it was just you. There was at least 3 dumping on me.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol, yea, act like it was just you. There was at least 3 dumping on me.
To my knowledge it was just me. Explode/curse/plague/hail storm/trigger/lightning. In your defense though, I did kinda blind side you guys.

But, I have no way to prove it. Just your word vs mine, and in all honesty I don't feel like getting into the "no you didn't! Yes I did!" type of a fight.

If ever ya want to 1 v 1 for fun, I'm down.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
To my knowledge it was just me. Explode/curse/plague/hail storm/trigger/lightning. In your defense though, I did kinda blind side you guys.

But, I have no way to prove it. Just your word vs mine, and in all honesty I don't feel like getting into the "no you didn't! Yes I did!" type of a fight.
From what I remember... Talbo and I were dumping on Lynk and he (or a guildy) got an invis off (not sure if you were there yet) and we pulled out cause there were tons of everyone swarming there... Soon after we saw a message on gen chat that Lynk had been killed.

When we were dumping on him, I didn't see anyone else... This still proves nothing like you say, but it clarifies a little.

Though, embarrassingly, apparently when we fought Lynk and his buddy later, Lynk was in stat and I didn't kill him. So large amounts of bad grades for me. I never said I was any good though.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Though, embarrassingly, apparently when we fought Lynk and his buddy later, Lynk was in stat and I didn't kill him. So large amounts of bad grades for me. I never said I was any good though.

Eh, I was in pro healing and chugging and GG was xhealing like a champ. Would have taken a bit more firepower to take me down there.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ok... so call me ******** or whatever. But if a mage goes to protection and knows what he's doing. Can a dexxor kill said mage? I never really thought about that before because I'm mage stupid (trust me, it's ugly, but i'm working on it) but if you can greater heal without interupt, is there anyway to 1v1 a mage (in protect) with a dexxor?

I am now re-evalutating all the duels i've ever done.......

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok... so call me ******** or whatever. But if a mage goes to protection and knows what he's doing. Can a dexxor kill said mage? I never really thought about that before because I'm mage stupid (trust me, it's ugly, but i'm working on it) but if you can greater heal without interupt, is there anyway to 1v1 a mage (in protect) with a dexxor?

I am now re-evalutating all the duels i've ever done.......
You can. With the new pub, it will be easy with lethal poison. Under current ruleset, you need to time your mortals perfectly and pray you get a lucky 3 swing RNG.

You should never die to a mage in pro though as a dexer, 1 v 1 at least.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
New pub, sure. I'm training my poison back up right now actually! I guess that yeah, mortal would work. Gotta get in in quick though, and have enough mana to kill before the apple timer goes away. I was wondering why you weren't just rocking me into 'ooOOOooooOOoOO' land though, once I switched over from you to your compatriot. Protection plus stat tells me exactly why.

Thanks for the response though... a lot of people like to keep the pvp techniques secret. I'm all about improving and being able to sustain over the long haul with you crazy mfers.

:pint:

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was wondering why you weren't just rocking me into 'ooOOOooooOOoOO' land though, once I switched over from you to your compatriot.
Eh, on a mage in the field 1 v 1 , my offense is mediocre at best. I play mages for group fights and sync dumps.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well CoW along with all the SL got their asses beat on Atlantic yesterday.

MM pushes in after CoW, kills the CoW, kills the GoD+/TF+R and takes the harrower! We then proceed to defend it and kill the CoW and SL over and over! D:

GJ guys! I guess I have to post this here since all the CoW seem to want to focus on a bad shard like Chesapeake after getting their asses beat on Atlantic :D

C

Cax Gavigan

GJ guys! I guess I have to post this here since all the CoW seem to want to focus on a bad shard like Chesapeake after getting their asses beat on Atlantic :D
I guess Chesapeake not having the population of Atlantic makes it a bad shard? Shard elitism is ten years too old for this game anymore.

As for everything else, please keep the screenshots rolling. Aside from all the petty conjecture, melodramatic recollections, and immature backslapping, your screenshots WITH your tales make this thread far more interesting.

Necro/Tom

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To those pictures in post #263, what exactly are those pink things in your backpack! I have never seen things of that sort before! I wonder if they are bolas! ( :) ) Plus, why you crop your screen, you ping 8 or something, you dont need anything to "boost" ya up! (waiting for post to be deleted)

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess Chesapeake not having the population of Atlantic makes it a bad shard? Shard elitism is ten years too old for this game anymore.
More like 8+ years of pvping on chessy tells me how bad Chessy has become. Chesapeake has become a slightly better version of Origin. The economy, community, and pvp has all declined to staggering lows.

C

Cax Gavigan

More like 8+ years of pvping on chessy tells me how bad Chessy has become. Chesapeake has become a slightly better version of Origin. The economy, community, and pvp has all declined to staggering lows.
I didn't see you around before or after factions initially released, but then again I spent the majority of my time baiting people to fight me solo or 2v2 with some friends that were around back then.

I think the PvP AND the guild politics on Chesapeake are innovative, fresh, and awesome due to the fact that it's very dynamic, and guilds rise and fall over the most menial things. (e.g., MvP, and UHOH having imploded upon themselves.)

My ending point is, if you think Chesapeake is such a terrible shard, then by all means, I invite you to go buy a token and merrily take your leave. When you post your opinion about this shard, you're presenting yourself as little more than an insecure badass, and you're rationale for this behavior is pretty sad.

I've seen this behavior on WoW for the past four years, and having been "one of those guys" myself, I can attest that noone on these boards thinks that you're unique or cool for thumbing your nose at our shard of choice, or taking any or every opportunity to mention your disdain.

C

Cax Gavigan

To those pictures in post #263, what exactly are those pink things in your backpack! I have never seen things of that sort before! I wonder if they are bolas! ( :) ) Plus, why you crop your screen, you ping 8 or something, you dont need anything to "boost" ya up! (waiting for post to be deleted)

I was curious about that too, I just figured it was some new fangled item I had failed to read about on uoguide.com.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Lots of fighting on chessy. It's very cool! Talking poo about shards is just stupid. Shows how small your wang is when you talk about how shard A is so much better than shard B. And that you're too good for shard B.

Yeah. Chessy is doing just fine! Though I gotta say the recent emergence of SL and COM has been freaking sweet! I was a COM guy... but I'm going unfactioned right now until I stop dieing all the time.

BTW, Bart (P@!N), I didn't appreciate the rez kill. I'd love to know your reasoning behind it. I know you guys aren't tards like that... I never did nothing to ya but fight.

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Client Mods FTW...i gotta say thats an interesting one too. I'd love to see a shot of you casting fields in a wooded area.. I'm sure it's not tiles and stumps..

A

A Bad Player

MM pushes in after CoW, kills the CoW, kills the GoD+/TF+R and takes the harrower! We then proceed to defend it and kill the CoW and SL over and over! D:

I heard you guys got the huevos to pop a harrower again, I didn't believe the stories.... I know I'd probably be hard pressed to bother if I lost as many harrowers 12v25+ as you guys have :thumbup1:

Stuiicide

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Good job u killed 5 of us with 14, u are sux a uo god. O an i forgot it was on the rope bridge in fire with when us 5 were pushing GoD. But u dont say nothing about us destroying your guild so bad u will not come raid any of our harrys we pop. Only reason u came inn was 1. Pug was not on 2. We had 5...........

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good job u killed 5 of us with 14, u are sux a uo god. O an i forgot it was on the rope bridge in fire with when us 5 were pushing GoD. But u dont say nothing about us destroying your guild so bad u will not come raid any of our harrys we pop. Only reason u came inn was 1. Pug was not on 2. We had 5...........
Can I get a translation please?

L

longshanks

so the pic in 263, THAT HAS SINCE BEEN REMOVED was naughty???

hahaha.

never seen that before.

you guys that run that stuff, tsk tsk tsk.

like this game matters???

i knew i'd never get an un cropped screeny out of you but damn son...

:loser:

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can I get a translation please?
Sure.

You won with triple the numbers holding a 1 tile choke in Fire known as rope bridge when CoW was pinned between your guild and GoD.

You won a small victory, but fail to explain why your ragtag crew of misfits has yet to successfully take a CoW Harrower.

A

A Bad Player

Sure.

You won with triple the numbers holding a 1 tile choke in Fire known as rope bridge when CoW was pinned between your guild and GoD.

You won a small victory, but fail to explain why your ragtag crew of misfits has yet to successfully take a CoW Harrower.
Translation please.

T

Turles

Nice Fight at pap ice tonight tb we only had 3 an killed you all twice then killed your coon. it was a good team work experience for us. looking forward to more. high fives

I

IRS

Sure.

Translation please.
Sure. CoW/LD was beat using the same tactic they use themselves, so pug will recruit more and more so it wont happen again.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure. CoW/LD was beat using the same tactic they use themselves, so pug will recruit more and more so it wont happen again.
Since I've been playing with Pug I can't think of any time where we held a drop-in grinder or a single tile choke.

We want people to try and raid.

TheDeacon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since I've been playing with Pug I can't think of any time where we held a drop-in grinder or a single tile choke.

We want people to try and raid.
well since ive known you....You have been fat and ugly but I love you cause you like to cuddle