• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where have the Dev's Gone"

S

SammiiBeta

After playing since October 2002 my accounts will be going...I've decided that with all the stress they are adding its time to pull up stakes and move on.

2 accounts willl leave at the end of April and if no miracles happen the other 2 at the end of May
and thats only because they are already paid for.

I'll miss my friends but I already miss my TSO ..Ealand is not tso it may be simular but its not like Coca cola its gotta be the real thing to really be right.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'll miss my friends but I already miss my TSO ..Ealand is not tso it may be simular but its not like Coca cola its gotta be the real thing to really be right.

[/ QUOTE ]

TSO is not EA Land and EA Land is not TSO, you're right.....but judging each on its own merits I can't say the EA Land of today is a whole lot worse than the last 3 years of TSO with no new updates, nothing new to do in game, less and less people to hang around with and be around every day, etc. etc. etc. The cap hasn't even made it to EA Land yet, so I'm having a hard time understanding why people would leave in protest of that, when it hasn't even gone there yet for people to see how much it is going to affect their gameplay in its final form....because the cap even as it stands now has not been said to be 'this is it, no more tweaks, sending it to EA Land next week'.

I have a friend that has continued her testing of the cap under the new rules, and as of this morning she said she'd earned like over 9k just on that one account, some with sim jobs some with single player objects and hasn't had a drop in pay yet. I heard somebody else say in game that they'd been told that sim jobs don't count in the cap anymore since that first weekend. If I can ever get to feeling better I am going to put my tester back to work and test this, but if this is the case and sim jobs don't have the impact that they did then wtf is the big deal, and wouldn't that mean that people are quitting over basically nothing?

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

CB,
I think people are just getting sick of things the way they are. Nothing has manifested as it was promised, in a timely fashion. A cap on how much one can make, no matter HOW high it is? People just don't like that. Limits stink. I understand it may very well be 'anti-bot' or for 'the good of the game'... but morale is very low.
IMO...
They should have had the amnesty ability in place.. ready to *flip the switch* and just have had things more together. I know that this is what brought me back, and I will venture to say there are many more oldie players like me that came back because of this. They should have morale higher when they lay something like a cap on us. Frankly, I think this game is all a mess, and it's six years old! There are bugs that have been around since I was playing in 2004. Most times people bring up custom content when it is mentioned that nothing new has been added. Seriously, most of it just looks a bit cheesy. That really doesn't count. People want interactions... New categories.... New objects... Fun things.... Not limits.

J

jammybob

<blockquote><hr>

CB,
I think people are just getting sick of things the way they are. Nothing has manifested as it was promised, in a timely fashion. A cap on how much one can make, no matter HOW high it is? People just don't like that. Limits stink. I understand it may very well be 'anti-bot' or for 'the good of the game'... but morale is very low.
IMO...
They should have had the amnesty ability in place.. ready to *flip the switch* and just have had things more together. I know that this is what brought me back, and I will venture to say there are many more oldie players like me that came back because of this. They should have morale higher when they lay something like a cap on us. Frankly, I think this game is all a mess, and it's six years old! There are bugs that have been around since I was playing in 2004. Most times people bring up custom content when it is mentioned that nothing new has been added. Seriously, most of it just looks a bit cheesy. That really doesn't count. People want interactions... New categories.... New objects... Fun things.... Not limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

*applauds*
If the devs REALLY want to make TSO viable again, the first thing they need are customers.
To get additional customers there have to be added benefits as oposed to how it used to be.
Custom content might be wonderful for some, for others its a pain in the neck. Either way though, nothing compensates for the ridiculous state of the economy now.
Botters? Oh please!!! Who cares? We had botters right from the start and the game was wonderful for the first few years regardless if people cheated or not.
It was the money bug that ruined it and that was going for months before they stopped it. As long as loopholes are secured in a timely manner, I'm sure 90% of players would much rather have the economy and with it the ability to buy &amp; build that we had in say 2004 than what we have now and botters were already rife then.
To make customers angry by spoiling the economy in the name of eliminating something of such little effect as botting is crazy.
How about pinpointing the botters and banning them rather than punishing us all because of them?
I hope the devs are taking time to work out their priorities right now.
Customers MUST come first, and until they realise that, they are in big danger of collapsing a game they are here to save.
Give us our fun back.... give us our TSO back. The game was great until the bug. Thats all we want, plus a few updates now and then. We dont want to spend all our time on there working and skilling for a pittance.

S

SammiiBeta

whenever you have an online game your going to have someone who will create a program to abuse it but honestly if its a game thats a pain to play then I say let the botters have it. I'll go find a game where I dont have to stress out just to build a house or decorate it. I can handle bugs and I can handle alot of things but when a game becomes more stress then real life ............ My sim has all but 1 skill maxed and locked so what happens after its all done.

When even with all the skills she cant build a house or decorate it because she cant make any money. So whats the point in skilling if i'm gonna make $3 more than my sim with no skill lol.
I always loved building and making original houses. Thats one of the things I loved about TSO I was free to have what I could never afford in RL and I thought that was what it was about "Role Playing being something your not"

So if I only make X amount of money and I have to scrape to fill the fridge and pay a repairman then I'm in real life and not role playing anymore

I tried to have faith in the Devs and everything they were trying to do but now I'm just wonder WHAT they are trying to do.

K

Karma Sutra

<blockquote><hr>

CB,
IMO...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the post of the day! I'm 100% in agreement with ChipsAhoy.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I dont know what posts you're specifically refering to, but people post on here because they care about the game.
If they have complaints / critisisms, then they should be taken as that and listened to.
Acting on the problems would be a much better way for the devs to go than sulking about them which it appears they are doing now.
Nothings changed recently, except the devs arent trying to fob us off with excuses anymore from what i can see.
Bottom line is that people couldnt give a damn if others are botting or whatever.... there are always cheaters around. But to take all the fun out of the game for everyone else just to stop the few cheaters is crazy.
The devs seem to have an idea of how THEY want the game to be, the paying public have another vision. I guess they are just too stuborn to listen to their customers and are hurt that they are found to be wrong.
Time for them to grow up and accept that they made wrong decisions and act upon them rather than bury thier heads in the sand in my opinion

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a lot of the people on the sims online need to learn Parlimentary procedure, or at least some manners. I like a good argument but when it gets personal, insulting, and hurtful, it isn't a debate anymore, and nothing good can be achieved.

I was in a full house a few days ago and expressed my opinion on the public school system. I think it stinks. Next thing I know, I have every adult in the place jumping down my throat. I'm 18 and most of them were (very loudly) over 40. I was very dissapointed in their ability to handle debate. I can't answer 12 people at one time, but I attempted to answer each person in a civilized manner. At one point, someone said "Well thats the way it is everywhere" and I replied about how they do it differently in Sweden, and Japan, and how sometimes its more effective, and an adult yelled "OH well now shes going to move to sweden lmao."

Disrespect and yelling are not constructive complaints, they're harassement. I've seen people on the boards occasionally act with the same rudeness and immaturity I had to deal with from all of those adults, but unlike us sims, the devs don't have an ignore button for the people who are rude. If they've decided to keep further from the community, I'm dissapointed, but I wouldn't blame them.

Edited for clarity.

F

frogger2

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I dont know what posts you're specifically refering to, but people post on here because they care about the game.
If they have complaints / critisisms, then they should be taken as that and listened to.
Acting on the problems would be a much better way for the devs to go than sulking about them which it appears they are doing now.
Nothings changed recently, except the devs arent trying to fob us off with excuses anymore from what i can see.
Bottom line is that people couldnt give a damn if others are botting or whatever.... there are always cheaters around. But to take all the fun out of the game for everyone else just to stop the few cheaters is crazy.
The devs seem to have an idea of how THEY want the game to be, the paying public have another vision. I guess they are just too stuborn to listen to their customers and are hurt that they are found to be wrong.
Time for them to grow up and accept that they made wrong decisions and act upon them rather than bury thier heads in the sand in my opinion

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a lot of the people on the sims online need to learn Parlimentary procedure, or at least some manners. I like a good argument but when it gets personal, insulting, and hurtful, it isn't a debate anymore, and nothing good can be achieved.

I was in a full house a few days ago and expressed my opinion on the public school system. I think it stinks. Next thing I know, I have every adult in the place jumping down my throat. I'm 18 and most of them were (very loudly) over 40. I was very dissapointed in their ability to handle debate. I can't answer 12 people at one time, but I attempted to answer each person in a civilized manner. At one point, someone said "Well thats the way it is everywhere" and I replied about how they do it differently in Sweden, and Japan, and how sometimes its more effective, and an adult yelled "OH well now shes going to move to sweden lmao."

Disrespect and yelling are not constructive complaints, they're harassement. I've seen people on the boards occasionally act with the same rudeness and immaturity I had to deal with from all of those adults, but unlike us sims, the devs don't have an ignore button for the people who are rude. If they've decided to keep further from the community, I'm dissapointed, but I wouldn't blame them.

Edited for clarity.

[/ QUOTE ]

um whats this to do with the lack of the dev appearence in the game lately? I do understand respecting other players I really do but really not related to this topic, perhaps you should create a post of your own regarding good manners. Im still waiting for a reply from a Dev to respond here where are the Devs lol sorry but that is what this post is about. oh and with 2 nephews at age 10 and 12 I do feel as you do regarding school programs and such its terrible what thier doing to our kids future but again I digrees and relize that this isnt the place for this topic. testing testing....Devs can you see me here?

J

jammybob

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Edited for clarity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm... are you insinuating that my post was "personal insulting and hurtful"? I have to assume so, since you used it as a quote.
Had you though bothered to read this whole thread, you would realise that it was totaly in context to the devs disaappearence.
I also stated that it was my opinion.
And ummm.... why would we possibly need parlimentary procedure here? Do you really want us all to learn Latin too? And who is to ring the session bell?
My post was not in any way meant to be disrespectful either. I simply stated my opinion on this matter. I dont disrespect the devs at all, indeed i dont personally know any of them, so i would not be in a position to take respect from them, i just think that by hiding from us, they are being childish in their behavior. That isnt disrespectful, its how i feel

G

<blockquote><hr>

um whats this to do with the lack of the dev appearence in the game lately? I do understand respecting other players I really do but really not related to this topic, perhaps you should create a post of your own regarding good manners. Im still waiting for a reply from a Dev to respond here where are the Devs lol sorry but that is what this post is about. oh and with 2 nephews at age 10 and 12 I do feel as you do regarding school programs and such its terrible what thier doing to our kids future but again I digrees and relize that this isnt the place for this topic. testing testing....Devs can you see me here?

[/ QUOTE ]You just proved his point perfectly.

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

See I knew if ppl flamed too much the Devs would disappear. Now everyone that flamed is charged by me with the task of hunting all the Devs down, doing alot of bootlicking and getting them back here!

*readies a new LOLcat picture*

G

Alrighty, I don't post often, I mostly read, but we haven't heard from or seen a dev in at least 5 days...

Greg - April 9 - EaLand update - in messages from EA forum
Alex - April 9 - Custom appearances - on blog
Sarah - April 8 - anti-botter test - on blog
Luc - April 5 - Party - on blog
Lee - April 4 - EaLand offline - in messages from EA forum
Parizad - April 3 - Repoman - in city hall

I hear that they only occasionally show up at the Town Hall, despite the posted schedule (have not checked this personally, shy of bloodbaths).

Makes one wonder where is the love? And what happened that could have brought on the cold shoulder? Or worse ((shudder)), the grand experiment has failed, and they don't want to break the news?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Edited for clarity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to say for an 18 yr old .. you are more mature then most I've met in this game. Please pass on to your parents.. they have a GREAT Adult
and good luck in the game.. Most in game end up acting worse then my kids did in grade school. Rudeness is something you learn to deal with... but you are right.. many forget that their are rl peeps behind the sims... both in game and in DEV world...

P

Purdy

[/ QUOTE ]

Edited for clarity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe these adults need to be given Ritalin. That's what the adults do to children that don't listen to them.

S

SammiiBeta

I'm all for people who work hard taking breaks etc. But at my job if one person takes a break we dont ALL go. Its a bit bad for business.

I myself would like to know if one of my favorite pastimes needs to be switched to Solitaire.

I've always played tso and given the benefit of the doubt that someone somewhere will fix the probs. But at the moment problems are increasing especially as far as customer satisfaction.

I say if they are going to take a break then they should step back regroup and ask what would make The people that love the game happy. Then begin again and do away with the Atm and the payback and anything that mixes rl money and play money because that seems to be alot of the problem.

And Tso fans if we dont buy botters simoleans they will give up and go away.
So dont purchase simoleans with cash and a botter will have no reason to bot. But if we dont ALL avoid them I'm afraid we might as well kiss our beloved game good bye

G

I agree with Frenchee but I totally missed whatever has happened that has all this speculation about where the dev's are. Cant we just play the game? Who cares if it takes 10 jams now instead of one to make a dent in yer pocket book. I am not going anywhere anytime soon so where is the rush to be done so quick? Just because we pay to play that doesnt give anyone of us the right to tear down or talk badly to the very people trying to save our game from extinction. Think about that all you sim addicts are you gonna continue to push away those who are trying to save our game or are you gonna let them freely get on with their job?

I for one will not be happy if because of all this my game is no more.

Devs where ever you are a little info goes a long way not to mention someone to stand up for the devs and the people who support them and KEEPING THIS GAME GOING!! CHEERS!!

Raven Midnight

I

imported_Mavric

From the Blog: Posted in Economy by Sarah on the April 8th, 2008
<blockquote><hr>

Tests over the weekend showed that what we were trying worked - we’ll relax the tuning with tomorrow’s push.We’re not going to push anything like this to EA-Land anytime soon until it is properly tuned.

In the mean time we will try to not affect you (monetarily, emotionally, and otherwise!).

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO, that could be the answer right there, Dev's may be upset.

Mavric

G

Probably realized they rushed the game and saw the outrage it caused. It could also be like the whole cash register ordeal a few years back. They realized they leaked too much info and from that point told nothing to the community until recently with the whole EA Land conversion. I hope for everyone that is not true, but I've seen how "moody" EA can get over the years.

G

Upset because the players are upset? Upset because the players have stated what is bothering them? Upset because what they have been working on didn't work or did but still has tweaking before they can push it into EA-Land? Seems we are all upset in one way or another. The cycle of life I suppose.

My original post was simply to ask where they have gone, but I have rethought this and realize that perhaps they are concentrating more on what needs to be fixed and not worrying about the forums (for now). I also stated that I simply miss hearing from them, but if they are busy working on the improvements, amnesty etc etc then it is all good. There is plenty of things for them to fix and tweak and I would rather they do that then to post here in the forums.
So with that said...and I know I was the one that posted this.... We need to be patient and see what this extended down time for EA-Land holds for us once it is back up and running.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Edited for clarity.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was using this experience as an example of some of the communities general lack of proper communication ability. I don't want to start a post on manners, I just think the way people treat other people, much less the poor devs on this game, gets really intolerable. Theres a difference in communicating a problem courteously and blasting a dev out. My point being, the latter is nto effective.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Edited for clarity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm... are you insinuating that my post was "personal insulting and hurtful"? I have to assume so, since you used it as a quote.
Had you though bothered to read this whole thread, you would realise that it was totaly in context to the devs disaappearence.
I also stated that it was my opinion.
And ummm.... why would we possibly need parlimentary procedure here? Do you really want us all to learn Latin too? And who is to ring the session bell?
My post was not in any way meant to be disrespectful either. I simply stated my opinion on this matter. I dont disrespect the devs at all, indeed i dont personally know any of them, so i would not be in a position to take respect from them, i just think that by hiding from us, they are being childish in their behavior. That isnt disrespectful, its how i feel

[/ QUOTE ]

I was not insulting your post, I just quoted it because mine was in response to it. I was simply stating that a lot of people ive seen in this community have a problem with arguing and complaining without listening and that might have something to do with the dissapearence of the devs. I don't blame them getting further from the fray when people on the forums (again, not you personally, but things I have witnessed) turn ugly instead of constructive.

S

Sidfrmea-lan

i think they have ran off with our money in real life like they did before

I

imported_CherryBomb

Ya, I have noticed the silence, too. My hope is that they are all on vacation in Cancun, sipping margaritas and forgetting about all of us harpies back at the office. Or at least huddling to come up with a workable economy, which is a tough problem that cannot be solved in a day.

CherryBomb

S

Sidfrmea-lan

they are to busy making The Sims 3 check youtube.com and type in the sims 3 they have videos on there already they did this when they brought out star wars they stopped with TSO and worked on that so it will be a other 3yrs before we get the things they promised us all last month so time to go play a new game again

G

<blockquote><hr>

I say if they are going to take a break then they should step back regroup and ask what would make The people that love the game happy. Then begin again and do away with the Atm and the payback and anything that mixes rl money and play money because that seems to be alot of the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey....I happen to like the ATM. I don't want to see it taken out.

G

<blockquote><hr>

i think they have ran off with our money in real life like they did before

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO

G

Well, really I'm sure that they were probably working hard on something all weekend, knowing these guys. And God forbid if they should take a day off. I mean, since we have no real idea of what's going on, I'm just going to assume they aren't all napping behind their desks. They work, they have meetings, they have lunch (at thier desks sometimes) and then they have to deal with us. I'd hide too!

No news is good news, right?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well, really I'm sure that they were probably working hard on something all weekend, knowing these guys. And God forbid if they should take a day off. I mean, since we have no real idea of what's going on, I'm just going to assume they aren't all napping behind their desks. They work, they have meetings, they have lunch (at thier desks sometimes) and then they have to deal with us. I'd hide too!

[/ QUOTE ]

haha how true it is the devs are hard workers.

<blockquote><hr>

No news is good news, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well most of the time anyway!

G

Am I the only one, wondering if they have been spending so many hours on this game that they forgot to do their taxes until this weekend?

******pictures them all huddled in the conference room with the receipt spread all over the table, frantically tabulating and filing in the forms******

Happy Tax Day!

J

Juliana

<blockquote><hr>

Listen, like I said, they aren't fully teamed. This isn't World Of Warcraft people. They dont have 6 million users.

If you really want 24/7 customer support, quit tso and play world of warcraft, that will make you happy right away.

Tso is not a major game right now, with an estimated 10-20,000 accounts they arent making much buck.

So if you want that 24/7 live chat with a dev, go join a game with millions of players. SIMPLE AS THAT!

[/ QUOTE ]

In another thread that was closed &amp; linked to this one, people were comparing TSO with World of Warcraft.

You know, it's funny. I left TSO &amp; 10 paying accounts (3 were for friends who wanted to play &amp; couldn't afford it anymore) to play WoW. I still maintain 4 paying TSO accounts, just because I am too sentimetal about all my "stuff" I have on them &amp; don't want to lose it. None of my friends play anymore, I took 4 of them with me to WoW &amp; they LOVE it. I can tell you that WoW has the customer service thing down to an art. When something happens there, you get notices of whats happening &amp; what they are doing to fix it. Immediately. And they update it frequently until it is fixed. The forums for support are also very helpful. There are plenty of staff to actually answer your posts &amp; get you some helpful information. If you have issues in game, you "open a ticket" and eventually a GM will IM you &amp; talk to you about trying to resolve your issues. They take cheaters very seriously &amp; reports of them very seriously. I said all that, to say this....even as on top of things as they are over at Blizz, you cant believe the number of people who go to the forums &amp; complain that things arent as quick, helpful, whatever, as they "should" be. People work hard on these games, and I realise that TSO is no where in the ballpark with staff that WoW is. But it goes to show that no matter what you do for people, some will ALWAYS complain.

Personally, I dont like what has been done to TSO. I came back for a short time when I heard about all the "changes". But it wasnt nearly enough to get me to leave WoW &amp; come back here. (Did I mention that Blizzard released a whole expansion to their game in January of last year. We are expecting another one this November. YAY for not letting things get old!!) If people dont like it, move on. There are plenty of people who still enjoy this game &amp; help the community to be the best that it can be until things are "fixed". But attacking each other and the people working on the game is just silly.

Good luck to all &amp; happy simming!

W

Wella

Don't you ever take leave from your job? A vacation? They've been working hard on this game for the last few months. If they take a short vacation, so what?

F

frogger2

<blockquote><hr>

Don't you ever take leave from your job? A vacation? They've been working hard on this game for the last few months. If they take a short vacation, so what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no problems with devs taking a vacation really but they usually leave us a message letting us know that thats what thier doing and not to worry they will be back soon enough lol. 1 good bit I saw Parizad type in a message on the Ealand-blog Site today so at least she is still around.

G

Yep, Parizad is alive!

R E V I S E D
Parizad - April 15 - Custom Content - on blog and - Is Parizad a guy? - City Hall
Greg - April 9 - EaLand update - in messages from EA forum
Alex - April 9 - Custom appearances - on blog
Sarah - April 8 - anti-botter test - on blog
Luc - April 5 - Party - on blog
Lee - April 4 - EaLand offline - in messages from EA forum

I

imported_fajjaa

http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/pc/simsonline/7.html

It took me a couple days to find this link. But in this article, even Will Wright gives Luc credit for pulling off a "miracle" in getting the original game out in time.
The last few weeks of getting the game released in '02 were very stressful for the dev team at the time. More then likely, Luc has given the dev team another deadline to meet.

This article is good reading for new arrivals to the game, to understand what the dev team had to work with originally. I would imagine the original "spaghetti" is still causing more then its share of headaches.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

It took me a couple days to find this link. But in this article, even Will Wright gives Luc credit for pulling off a "miracle" in getting the original game out in time.
The last few weeks of getting the game released in '02 were very stressful for the dev team at the time. More then likely, Luc has given the dev team another deadline to meet.

This article is good reading for new arrivals to the game, to understand what the dev team had to work with originally. I would imagine the original "spaghetti" is still causing more then its share of headaches.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad you found that article. I found it last year when Luc first showed back up on the scene. It really helps people understand how much heart and soul the devs have poured into this thing. Then and now.

I

imported_fajjaa

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad you found that article. I found it last year when Luc first showed back up on the scene. It really helps people understand how much heart and soul the devs have poured into this thing. Then and now.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I hadnt been able to dig that article up from the archives here in stratics, I would have had to write something about it being Gracies fault that the dev team had disappeared.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I hadnt been able to dig that article up from the archives here in stratics, I would have had to write something about it being Gracies fault that the dev team had disappeared.

[/ QUOTE ]
Considering that the game was not ready for launch, and considering the eventual confirmation of that assessment, I cannot agree that what transpired was a "miracle".

G

<blockquote><hr>

Considering that the game was not ready for launch, and considering the eventual confirmation of that assessment, I cannot agree that what transpired was a "miracle".

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed the part where Luc was making toast and when it popped up, Jesus' face was right there on the piece that Will picked up.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You missed the part where Luc was making toast and when it popped up, Jesus' face was right there on the piece that Will picked up.

[/ QUOTE ]Ummmm... Ooooooo-KAY!

*backs away slowly*

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

CB,
IMO...

[/ QUOTE ]

*applauds*
If the devs REALLY want to make TSO viable again, the first thing they need are customers.
To get additional customers there have to be added benefits as oposed to how it used to be.
Custom content might be wonderful for some, for others its a pain in the neck. Either way though, nothing compensates for the ridiculous state of the economy now.
Botters? Oh please!!! Who cares? We had botters right from the start and the game was wonderful for the first few years regardless if people cheated or not.
It was the money bug that ruined it and that was going for months before they stopped it. As long as loopholes are secured in a timely manner, I'm sure 90% of players would much rather have the economy and with it the ability to buy &amp; build that we had in say 2004 than what we have now and botters were already rife then.
To make customers angry by spoiling the economy in the name of eliminating something of such little effect as botting is crazy.
How about pinpointing the botters and banning them rather than punishing us all because of them?
I hope the devs are taking time to work out their priorities right now.
Customers MUST come first, and until they realise that, they are in big danger of collapsing a game they are here to save.
Give us our fun back.... give us our TSO back. The game was great until the bug. Thats all we want, plus a few updates now and then. We dont want to spend all our time on there working and skilling for a pittance.

[/ QUOTE ]
*standing ovation to both!*

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The need to rewrite history must be hardwired into the primal part of our brains or something. "Spin" is as old as civilization. It must be where "Don't speak ill of the dead," comes from?

You nailed what I was thinking, Donavan. Maybe it is just me, but I have higher standards for "miracles."

I

imported_fajjaa

Then what are you going to call it, if one day the dev team makes everyones version of the game come true. (not likely but I think Luc knows the game good enough to know what is most important to us, as well as pleasing the suits with a profitable game).

In 2002, the masses, at the time had no idea of what the dev team had to deal with to get the game to market. But there sure were alot of us that were totally thrilled with the game that they gave us.

Seeing that Luc was in charge with getting TSO on the shelf when it did. I am sure he is using the same tactics in getting EALand into working order, with the April 30th deadline looming.

If you want to dispute Will Wrights knowledge of what he knows of what it took to get TSO on the shelves, be my guest in making a fool of yourself. If Will Wright calls it a miracle, more then likely that is what it was, at least in terms of computer online gaming accomplishments. If there is anyone on this planet that I would want working on this game, it is definitely Luc.

It doesnt take much reading of all the negative bs in some of these posts to figure out why the dev team doesnt have anything to say.

I will be the first to agree with anyone that says the present economy is a joke, but at least I still have my little sims to play.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Then what are you going to call it, if one day the dev team makes everyones version of the game come true. (not likely but I think Luc knows the game good enough to know what is most important to us, as well as pleasing the suits with a profitable game).
<font color="blue"> Oh, you have *GOT* to be kidding! Or would you have us believe that all the people who are complaining about the many problems are doing so because they are too stupid to know how happy they are?</font>

In 2002, the masses, at the time had no idea of what the dev team had to deal with to get the game to market. But there sure were alot of us that were totally thrilled with the game that they gave us.
<font color="blue">We may have lacked details but, we were wise enough to know the game wasn't ready - all the things that didn't work properly, or at all, being evidence. There sure were a lot of us that were totally pissed with what they gave us. </font>

Seeing that Luc was in charge with getting TSO on the shelf when it did. I am sure he is using the same tactics in getting EALand into working order, with the April 30th deadline looming.
<font color="blue">Oh, Dear Lord, I hope not!
What deadline???? </font>

If you want to dispute Will Wrights knowledge of what he knows of what it took to get TSO on the shelves, be my guest in making a fool of yourself. If Will Wright calls it a miracle, more then likely that is what it was, at least in terms of computer online gaming accomplishments. If there is anyone on this planet that I would want working on this game, it is definitely Luc.
<font color="blue">Do you really think people took Will Wright's word for something they knew from their own experience not to be true? (anyone that did has surely earned the Fool's hat for themselves)
He was giving an interview about a game in which he had a vested interest, but no control - what was he gonna say? "Boy, this game has too many problems to launch right now."???
I'm glad Luc is leading the team too - he is the most experienced. </font>

It doesnt take much reading of all the negative bs in some of these posts to figure out why the dev team doesnt have anything to say.
<font color="blue">With this statement, you may be closer to the mark - but the key phrase is "bs" - whether it's negative *or* positive. </font>

I will be the first to agree with anyone that says the present economy is a joke, but at least I still have my little sims to play.
<font color="blue">Apparently, there is *some* negative bs you agree with. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

G

Just brought this thread back up the list as it's heading is the most appropriate to what I have to say.

Their has been a lot of threads opened in here asking the same question on where the devs have gone, or why there is a lack of communication.

I think a lot of people remember a few years back when a similar thing happened and we were left with a game that had been virtually dumped.

It's my opinion that this is not happening again at this time, rather the devs are having to address their time on other things.

There have been theories presented on things like the devs have gone on vacation or are not prepared to talk to us any more because of bad treatment.

I am sorry but none of those make any sense to me.
If we look at things that are going on in EA itself and not just EALand, then I doubt anyone would be on vacation.

As for not being willing to talk to us because of bad treatment, I think they themselves would think that very unprofessional.

My opinion as to what would make the most sense as to where the devs are and what they are doing, look at what is going on with EA right now.

The main thing I can see that would have EA throwing as much of their recourses into as they possibly could is the upcoming release of SIMS 3.

It makes good business sense to have as many people as possible working towards its release as it is a sure fire huge influx of returns into EA.

The people that have been working on EAL are people that would be very valuable to the development of SIMS 3.

Applying their skills would shorten the time it will take to release.

Taking all that into consideration I am fairly certain our guys are working on SIMS 3 and we will see them return when their tasks there are done.

I also think that is fair enough as well, as it is by far the more important objective for EA and should be.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just brought this thread back up the list as it's heading is the most appropriate to what I have to say.

Their has been a lot of threads opened in here asking the same question on where the devs have gone, or why there is a lack of communication.

I think a lot of people remember a few years back when a similar thing happened and we were left with a game that had been virtually dumped.

It's my opinion that this is not happening again at this time, rather the devs are having to address their time on other things.

There have been theories presented on things like the devs have gone on vacation or are not prepared to talk to us any more because of bad treatment.

I am sorry but none of those make any sense to me.
It we look at things that are going on in EA itself and not just EALand, then I doubt anyone would be on vacation.

As for not being willing to talk to us because of bad treatment, I think they themselves would think that very unprofessional.

My opinion as to what would make the most sense as to where the devs are and what they are doing, look at what is going on with EA right now.

The main thing I can see that would have EA throwing as much of their recourses into as they possibly could is the upcoming release of SIMS 3.

It makes good business sense to have as many people as possible working towards its release as it is a sure fire huge influx of returns into EA.

The people that have been working on EAL are people that would be very valuable to the development of SIMS 3.

Taking all that into consideration I am fairly certain our guys are working on SIMS 3 and we will see them return when their tasks there are done.

I also think that is fair enough as well, as it is by far the more important objective for EA and should be.

[/ QUOTE ]
Or..... it could be like Milton pointed out - the attempted hostile acquisition of another major game company.
When that happens, it's 'all hands man battle stations.... this is no drill."
I'll bet they are all up their eyeballs in reports, analyses, and budgets ('specially the budgets).

OTOH, there are *still*...... those curious sightings from the "Pong" tournament in Tijuana.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I know where Pari is

[/ QUOTE ]
Someplace else?

Abbott: I'll bet ya 10 bucks you're not here.
Costello: You'll bet me 10 bucks I'm not standin' here?
Abbott: Absolutely.
Costello: Woop! Ok - I got 10 bucks right here.
Abbott: Are you in London?
Costello: Nope.
Abbott: Are you in Paris?
Costello: Nnnnope.
Abbott: Are you in Madrid?
Costello: Uh-uh. Nope.
Abbott: Well, then - if you're not in London, you're not in Paris, and you're not in Madrid - you must be someplace else, right?
Costello: Sure, if I'm not in one of dem places, I gotta be someplace else.
Abbott: And if you're someplace else, you can't be here. *takes the ten*

G

Or it could be because everyone's talking and no one is listening.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]That's a good, well-thought-out post. I do, however, disagree with your conclusion about them having been pulled off to work on Sims 3. Sims 3 has its own full-time development team that is independent of EA's other efforts. If any developers have to be pulled from anything, it'd be some of the Sims 2 developers.

From a business standpoint, it would not make much sense to pull an entire development team off of one half-completed project to go work on another half-completed project. That's not to say that the EAL team isn't lending a hand from time to time, but EAL would still be their first priority. But to halt development of one project - particularly one that's already live - would not make any sense if EA's intention is to keep the project alive. If it was EA's intention to shut down EA-land, we would have heard something by now, as each day the game continues to run is a day that is costing them money.

My bets are completely on what Milton had stated earlier. EA is embroiled in a hostile takeover of another gaming company, and this temporary halt has everything to do with that. To support this theory, I submit that the devs and mods on the TS2 and SCS forums have also gone suddenly quiet.

I should also add that, depending on how long this buyout process goes on, it may affect the rollout of Amnesty in EAL. All I can suggest is that everyone just cool off, buckle their seat belts, and hang on tight. Please remember to keep all hands, arms, and feet inside the vehicle while it is in motion.

G

Interesting, does anyone have any links to anything about this takeover/buyout, w/e your talking about? I found some articles from March. Anything current?