• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where have the Dev's Gone"

G

<blockquote><hr>

But, is it too much to ask for her to sut down the speculation.

[/ QUOTE ]What would that accomplish? Sure, it may calm a few people down, but overall, people would just spin her words to suit their own agendas, and we'd be right back at the flame wars.

Think about what the result would be if she came by and posted, "Everything is okay, no cause for alarm, the devs are hard at work."

No matter what is said, or not said, the FUD-meisters would be right at her heels, spinning her words, and whipping everybody up into a frenzy. It has happened more times than I care to count, and I have no doubt it would happen again.

G

You may very well be right, however as things currently stand, the "merely concerned/potentially placated" players far outweigh those who can never be placated. But fifty posts later, and this has been bantered back and forth repeatedly in this same thread and others. So here it stands, whatever power trip the devs may or may not be on, the only thing to do is wait, as annoying as it is. I personally am waiting til say, may 2nd. If we do not get amnesty or something saying they havent forgotten us and are working on something by then, well then i shall solve my personal dilemma with EALand at that time.

G

I just hope it doesn't come down to that. I do have to admit that, regardless of the reason, I find the silence eerie.

G

Well, unfortunatly it looks like others would like some reassurance. Usually I have to wait to get into a skill lot because they have 30 in them. This morning Im lucky if the skill I am looking for has one open.

Maybe we will get 247% sometime today.... Or would that be too much to ask for?

G

I'm interested in what will happen on Wed, will we just get another message on the blog saying we are not getting our TC3 update again.
If that is the case being that Wed is also the 30th, and we then don't hear anything from the devs for the next few days after that.
Well I think that's when it will hit the fan.

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

Well, I'm almost done with my marathon skilling of all 8 characters
After amnesty I have about 25 locks or so on each to skill again, though, so it's something to really look forward to
I'm sure that the Devs are just really busy trying to get amnesty out on time.

Not trying to be a cheerleader, but I want to try to be optimistic. It would be really sad if I did all this for nothing, after all.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Some pretty heavy racism going on there. Something should be done. I do not trust the in game reporting. I know they tell us to use it. Have you tried emailing some of the sims names to the team? I looked at their webs and there are some pretty bad names. Hard to believe EA will not shut them down. I know back in 03 ppl got suspended for swastikas The house is locked now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made a report on someone who was bashing the hell out of another race and I made sure I went back to bookmark this person. Now 2 weeks later that avatar is still in game and has been everyday since the incident. I really hurts when you happen to be the race that's being degraded.

G

I have filed many reports against the roomies in that property since last night. I filed against the property. I sent an email with a ss in it. I will post the ss here after I get it up on photobucket. I am liable to get banned from here for doing it. As far as I know I can post a screen shot of the game. This is alllowed in the game. It is horrible tho. I can not put the words here, that are on the bio. Is it okay to put the ss of something like that?

At this point it really does not matter if I get banned from here or in game. If this is acceptable. I could imagine how I would feel if I were black. I would not be able to log in to that game at all. I can't play it myself at this point. Totally disgusted. I believe it is time for action against these ppl. I believe it is time for a puplic apology for allowing it to go on as long as it has.

I guess you learn something new every day. I had no clue I had such a bleeding heart. Hard to believe this is the straw that broke this camels back. If the game means so little to EA. They need to just close the doors. Nothing, is better than this. This is worth less than nothing. This game has become totally worthless. This game has become cruel. Things have been allowed to go to far.

IN GAME REPORTING SUX

G

I see that you are very emotional over this.

You have done what you can. Sending screenshots to the developer email is perfect.

At this point we do not know what is happening on the developers side. Maybe they are locked in a closet and must meet their goals by a deadline of April 30th.

Some games dont even look at reports on the test servers. I dont know what the norm for that is here.

No need for you to get so emotional over something you cant control.

I dont think you should expose us to the screenshot though.

G

<blockquote><hr>

if, you use the in-game report system. You will not get a responds back from EA. it's just for the best I think. You do get a pop-up msg saying so too. Read all the message and ya'll see. They just never respond back after you use in-game report system.

lucky for me I never had to use this when I came back to EAL. *crosses fingers* I just use ignore feature instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've used the in-game reporting system to report scammers twice. Both times I received a follow-up e-mail from EA. It wasn't what I wanted to hear, but at least they responded.

They may just be backlogged for now, but it sounds like some of these issues should be a priority.

I

imported_queenme

seems pretty clear at this point where they went....job shopping

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

they all on vacation now with OUR money, they sux

[/ QUOTE ]

Honey, I doubt they got very wealthy off of TSO money.

I know we are bitter that the game is ending but that's life. We got 60 days free play and that's all we can expect.

Don't let the bitterness win. Either move on to another game or relax and enjoy what's left of this one.