• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where have the Dev's Gone"

G

<blockquote><hr>

Market Report -- In Play (TTWO) April 18, 2008 8:

Take-Two: EA extends Take-Two Tender offer expiration date to May 16, 2008 Electronic Arts (ERTS) announces that it has extended its tender offer for all of the currently outstanding shares of common stock of Take-Two Interactive Software (TTWO) to 11:59 p.m., EDT on May 16, 2008. The tender offer was previously set to expire at 11:59pm ET on April 18, 2008. ERTS also amended its offer to reflect a price of $25.74 per share. Valued at ~$2 bln in cash, aggregate consideration for Take-Two shares remains unchanged. ERTS continues to believe that the offer price is full and fair, and that a transaction between Take-Two and ERTS is the most compelling combination financially, strategically and operationally for all parties.

Briefing.com is the leading Internet provider of live market analysis for U.S. Stock, U.S. Bond, and world FX market participants.

Read more In Play articles

Back to News Home

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the latest news. The other articles are older. Or based on older articles. I don't see how this would affect all their games. Maybe someone could explain it to me in laymens terms?
They made an offer last month, then they extended it for another month. What am I missing?

I am not saying you all's theory is wrong. I am saying, I do not understand it. How this would make the devs go silent.

G

I read this article tonite although it's not as exciting as the takeover.

EA banks Monopoly
Publisher flexes Hasbro license with family-focused business-tycoon game on 360, Wii, PS2, mobile, and online portal Pogo this fall.
By Tom Magrino, GameSpot
Posted Apr 23, 2008 10:51 pm GMT
As part of Atari's economic turmoil last year, the publisher in July sold Hasbro back its rights to make console, handheld, and online games based on its extensive line of toys and board games. Quickly capitalizing on that move, EA moved in on Hasbro, announcing in August that it had picked up the rights to Hasbro products that Atari had just sold.

In February, the first fruits of that union surfaced, with EA saying it would be making console and handheld casual games out of Littlest Pet Shop and Nerf N-Strike. At that time, the publisher also said that games based on Hasbro's arguably most recognized brands, Scrabble and Monopoly, were also in the works. True to its word, EA said today that it would adapt Hasbro's venerable capitalist-tycoon game for the Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 2, mobile devices, and its online casual portal Pogo.com, with a release slated for this fall.

Hasbro's Monopoly is hardly a stranger to the interactive medium, having appeared on various gaming platforms dating back to the NES and beyond. The latest take on the game will be modeled after Hasbro's newest board game, Monopoly Here &amp; Now: The World Edition, and promises a "party twist" and faster gameplay as well as local multiplayer action for up to four. Players will also be tasked with various challenges and minigames to unlock new boards.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Take-Two: EA extends Take-Two Tender offer expiration date to May 16, 2008 Electronic Arts (ERTS) announces that it has extended its tender offer for all of the currently outstanding shares of common stock of Take-Two Interactive Software (TTWO) to 11:59 p.m., EDT on May 16, 2008. The tender offer was previously set to expire at 11:59pm ET on April 18, 2008. ERTS also amended its offer to reflect a price of $25.74 per share. Valued at ~$2 bln in cash, aggregate consideration for Take-Two shares remains unchanged. ERTS continues to believe that the offer price is full and fair, and that a transaction between Take-Two and ERTS is the most compelling combination financially, strategically and operationally for all parties.

Briefing.com is the leading Internet provider of live market analysis for U.S. Stock, U.S. Bond, and world FX market participants.

Back to News Home

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the latest news. The other articles are older. Or based on older articles. I don't see how this would affect all their games. Maybe someone could explain it to me in laymens terms?
They made an offer last month, then they extended it for another month. What am I missing?

I am not saying you all's theory is wrong. I am saying, I do not understand it. How this would make the devs go silent.

[/ QUOTE ]
In a situation like that, all employees, officers, agents, etc, are cautioned (even warned) about communicating anything to anybody - you never know what might put the kibosh on a deal. Since this one is worth 2 billion (yes, that a "b"), I'm sure *nobody* is talking unless it is absolutely necessary.

G

I can understand how the take over would effect some of the team, such as Luc and Lee. I don't agree however that it would stop things like the weekly TC3 updates.
Everything has stopped in regards to TSO/EAL, only very brief communications through the blog.
What it seems to show is no work is being done on our game right now.
As far as other EA games go, there are still promotions being developed and distributed for SIMS 3, emails and web pages have been shown through other stratics threads.
Yes the take over would have an effect on some things.
I do not believe that it would effect updates and other things that have been put on hold.
Programmers would not be pulled off their jobs to have any sort of involvement with the take over. They may be told not to communicate in any way but would not be told to stop work.
Even though there are different teams for different projects I still tend to believe that the programmers in our team have been temporarily pulled to work on another more important task.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I can understand how the take over would effect some of the team, such as Luc and Lee. I don't agree however that it would stop things like the weekly TC3 updates.
Everything has stopped in regards to TSO/EAL, only very brief communications through the blog.
As far as other EA games go, there are still promotions being developed and distributed for SIMS 3, emails and web pages have been shown through other stratics threads.
I do not believe that it would effect updates and other things that have been put on hold.
Programmers would not be pulled off their jobs to have any sort of involvement with the take over. They may be told not to communicate in any way but would not be told to stop work.
Even though there are different teams for different projects I still tend to believe that the programmers in our team have been temporarily pulled to work on another more important task.

[/ QUOTE ]
The whole point is; we don't *know* what is going on. But, if we *must* speculate (and, I gather, we must) then this scenario, while not perfect, is the most sensible.
Better to just forget for now instead of working ourselves into a lather.

Yeah, I know - that's not going to happen.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I trust they are capable of working on something without constantly having to tell us they are working on it. In fact, it's probably more efficient that they don't.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I trust they are capable of working on something without constantly having to tell us they are working on it. In fact, it's probably more efficient that they don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

I have to go to the bathroom.

Are we almost there yet?

Are we there yet?

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's true, and to be totally honest I hope we never hear from a dev on these boards again. Luc popping in once in a great while and posting a server going down, or a cutesy response post raised the expectations of some of the people here to expect actual information and communication. Silly of course.

That aside, when the community rep (who one would think IS actually supposted to be communicative) decides to post a rant/whine and then go silent that's just strange. I've never seen a community rep do that on any board, for any game, ever.

S

Sativa L

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Take-Two: EA extends Take-Two Tender offer expiration date to May 16, 2008 Electronic Arts (ERTS) announces that it has extended its tender offer for all of the currently outstanding shares of common stock of Take-Two Interactive Software (TTWO) to 11:59 p.m., EDT on May 16, 2008. [/bold]The tender offer was previously set to expire at [bold]11:59pm ET on April 18, 2008. ERTS also amended its offer to reflect a price of $25.74 per share. Valued at ~$2 bln in cash, aggregate consideration for Take-Two shares remains unchanged. ERTS continues to believe that the offer price is full and fair, and that a transaction between Take-Two and ERTS is the most compelling combination financially, strategically and operationally for all parties.

Back to News Home

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In a situation like that, all employees, officers, agents, etc, are cautioned (even warned) about communicating anything to anybody - you never know what might put the kibosh on a deal. Since this one is worth 2 billion (yes, that a "b"), I'm sure *nobody* is talking unless it is absolutely necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes! You mean we can expect silence unitil 11:59 p.m., EDT on May 16, 2008? OMG I can imagine these boards by then! lol

(edited to actually add what I wanted to say lol)

G

<blockquote><hr>

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

I have to go to the bathroom.

Are we almost there yet?

Are we there yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Her foot crossed over to my side!

G

That is what they are saying. However, if it were this, wouldn't they have gone silent before March 16?

We should end the speculation.

J

Juliana

<blockquote><hr>

He touched me!

Did not!

Did too!

Did not!

Did too!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you 2 dont stop, they are going to turn the car around and go HOME, then i will be stuck having to clean my room.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

He touched me!

Did not!

Did too!

Did not!

Did too!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you 2 dont stop, they are going to turn the car around and go HOME, then i will be stuck having to clean my room.

[/ QUOTE ]I feel carsick...

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To avoid a miss representation of what I said in my post, I will show my entire post instead of the one paragraph you chose to show.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

And just to let people know what that was all about, it was in response to a post that had pointed me in the direction of something you said is a possibility in one of yours.

<blockquote><hr>

Luc and his team are preparing plans and budgets for the suits and aren't able to perform their normal tasks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems you agreed at that time that they weren't working on EAL, just a different scenario as to why.

G

<blockquote><hr>

That is what they are saying. However, if it were this, wouldn't they have gone silent before March 16?

We should end the speculation.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm for that, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

G

Sorry I didnt think of this earlier.

UO is also owned by EA. Why do their developers still post and do updates? Their community rep is posting. And they are in an event that just began. And randy works on EALand and UO.

Why would one game get to talk and another not?

Purplexing...

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

*NOIP*

It has been noted in these threads that Ms. Parizad's last communication was a tad snappish. You don't suppose...she was having a bad day...she acted rashly...the devs are now silent...

She was taking *candid* pictures of her office mates, remember? Who knows what that led to?

Office politics *shudders*

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To avoid a miss representation of what I said in my post, I will show my entire post instead of the one paragraph you chose to show.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

And just to let people know what that was all about, it was in response to a post that had pointed me in the direction of something you said is a possibility in one of yours.

<blockquote><hr>

Luc and his team are preparing plans and budgets for the suits and aren't able to perform their normal tasks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems you agreed at that time that they weren't working on EAL, just a different scenario as to why.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are saying that a lack of communication "seems to show is no work is being done on our game right now".

I am saying other things may be the reason for a lack of communication.

There is a vast difference between "no work" being done on our game and a simple lack of communication.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are saying that a lack of communication "seems to show is no work is being done on our game right now".

There is a vast difference between "no work" being done on our game and a simple lack of communication.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I have said that nothing has been done in the way of updates or anything else, other than some brief communications in the blog.
Meaning that the only thing we have seen from the devs is a couple of small things in the blog, no updates, no approvals for CC and nothing of anything that was said may come through in over 2 weeks now.
As I stated, not even the normal weekly update to TC3 has come through in the last 2 weeks.
You said that because of other things they aren't able to perform their normal tasks. Correct me if I am wrong, but I took that as meaning more than just communication.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I have said that nothing has been done in the way of updates or anything else, other than some brief communications in the blog.
Meaning that the only thing we have seen from the devs is a couple of small things in the blog, no updates, no approvals for CC and nothing of anything that was said may come through in over 2 weeks now.
As I stated, not even the normal weekly update to TC3 has come through in the last 2 weeks.
You said that because of other things they aren't able to perform their normal tasks. Correct me if I am wrong, but I took that as meaning more than just communication.

[/ QUOTE ]

Our CC had been approved twice this week and I believe that the Dev's are too busy getting the amnesty together to spend wasted time coming in here to tell us what their doing and what their plans are. I am only speculating but this task is as big as the merge and they don't have time to waste. Every minute is important not to mention everytime they let us in on what is happening they get torn to shreads here in this forum so i'm going to just sit back an wait and hope for the best!

G

<blockquote><hr>

No, I have said that nothing has been done in the way of updates or <u>anything else</u>, other than some brief communications in the blog.
Meaning that the only thing <u>we have seen</u> from the devs is a couple of small things in the blog, no updates, no approvals for CC and nothing of anything that was said may come through in over 2 weeks now.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is still a difference between what has been done and what you have seen.

S

SammiiBeta

"There is still a difference between what has been done and what you have seen."

I'd just have to say 2 words on this theory

prove it

I havent seen any changes in quite a while. I'm waiting for next week to see if Amnesty is activated on april 30th or not. My guess is it probably wont be, although we may get an excuse of some sort.

G

<blockquote><hr>

"There is still a difference between what has been done and what you have seen."

I'd just have to say 2 words on this theory

prove it

[/ QUOTE ]

I just did something and you didn't see me do it.

S

SammiiBeta

That might work for you since what you do doesnt affect players ..and if it did it might work for a few days. But we're talking weeks with nothing in a game that is in beta which is a whole different situation.

We've been through it before promises promises and nothing to show for it. The biggest problem isnt whats being done or not being done its people being left in the dark. The posts wondering where the devs are ..The theories on EaLand closing these are just part of the signals that would say someone needs to let the players know something.

Even if we didnt like what they had to say at least it would be something and it would let us know that they are there somewhere. People dont really expect miracles (well some do) but just a word or two now and then to let them know that there are in fact people working on the project would do wonders.

G

<blockquote><hr>

That might work for you since what you do doesnt affect players ..and if it did it might work for a few days. But we're talking weeks with nothing in a game that is in beta which is a whole different situation.

We've been through it before promises promises and nothing to show for it. The biggest problem isnt whats being done or not being done its people being left in the dark. The posts wondering where the devs are ..The theories on EaLand closing these are just part of the signals that would say someone needs to let the players know something.

Even if we didnt like what they had to say at least it would be something and it would let us know that they are there somewhere. People dont really expect miracles (well some do) but just a word or two now and then to let them know that there are in fact people working on the project would do wonders.

[/ QUOTE ]

That goes back to the whole premise that we need to stop thinking about what happened before and focus on now. It's only been two weeks, not 3 years and just because it's been 2 weeks does not mean that it will be 3 years if we don't say something now. If it's gonna be 3 years again then not one thing anybody says or does here is gonna change it at this point. Some of us choose to take them at their word that things *are* being worked on, and getting over that old stuff wasn't any easier for alot of us than it is for anybody else. For some people it was, maybe, but if you remember I used to be a person who screamed the loudest at EAxis for all the crap they did or more importantly didn't do. I finally got over it for the benefit of my own love for the game and my own sanity. Other people can choose to do teh same thing, or they can choose to stay miserable. As long as their misery doesn't affect anybody else, then it is their own and they are entitled and welcomed to foster it as long as they care to expend the energy.....when it does, then there's a problem that needs to be dealt with, and I'm not talking about EA doing anything.....it's we players that need to do the most changing, IMO.

S

SammiiBeta

"That goes back to the whole premise that we need to stop thinking about what happened before and focus on now" An old saying comes to mind history always repeats itself.

I'm not saying we cant or havent lived through alot with the game I'm saying if its not happening the same as before then take a few minutes a week and say ...we are still here and working on it.

If its too much to ask then ...................

G

What would be the point?

If every single one of the team posted on Stratics or the blog, that everything was just hunky dory.....and then no one posted for a while, afterwards......we would be right back to the anxiety and angst all over again.

Someone would start questioning if they really meant it, or had something changed, or were they just lying to pimp extra money out of us....rinse and repeat.

Begging them to just say *something* to calm the waters, wouldn't work. Too many people do not want to be 'calmed', they want the drama. Some people are perpetually anxious, and no amount of assurances will ever suffice. Some people are bored and have nothing better to do than pick at it, 'til it bleeds (like a scab).

The bottom line for me, is that if everything is going to hell in a hand basket.....there is nothing I can do about it.
If team is too busy to talk....there is nothing I can do about it.

Since there is nothing I can do either way, I chose not to wind myself up like an eight day clock, over a situation I have no control over, and just enjoy the "now".

G

That would be fine if this were a free game!

We are paying and really dont need to hear from a developer. We have a community rep. She is working, I get CC done daily.

But, is it too much to ask for her to sut down the speculation.

UO is also owned by EA. Their rep is talking and never stopped. They have no doom and gloom speculation over there. Their rep is talking and its all status quo. For all we know, their developers could be pulled somewhere else. But, no one is asking over there... hmm why?

The speculation started when the communication ended.

Dont blame us!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Dont blame us!

[/ QUOTE ]

So why hasn't the speculation ended?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Dont blame us!

[/ QUOTE ]

So why hasn't the speculation ended?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please link me to a post that says the developers are fine and dandy.

Im not here ALL the time. I missed it. (I have seen 2 posts from Parizid, they didnt mention anything about developers)

G

Oh, I didn't realize it had to specifically be posts by developers. I thought we'd moved on to "any communication from EA".

And it's 3 posts over 3 days.

G

I didnt realize that I said I was looking for a post from a developer. Well Ive seen 2 of the 3, and those two do not end any speculation.

I guess you are going to keep that speculation ending 3rd post to yourself.

ANd you still have not explained how UO is not affected by this takeover. They didnt stop posting.

Also, who does maintenance? Is it automated? I know Parizid is working, cant prove others are.

And while im on a near drunken tirade, we didnt get any 247% skilling last weekend. That would have been done by a developer.

G

well lets say the developers haven't so much as dropped the ball as lost it, number 13 on the money lots on tc3, the fourth open from the top:

Amazing how this reaches to number 13 and no one blinks an eye (yes reported several times)

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

yesterday i had and update before i could get ingame, same for today. i dunno if anyone else did, though.

G

yup I would report those flamingoes for being way too sexy. They dont deserve a spot on the list.

G

<blockquote><hr>

yup I would report those flamingoes for being way too sexy. They dont deserve a spot on the list.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you find flamingoes sexy your eating too many shirmps

G

I have updates all the time before I can enter into the game. So something is going on.

Some of the post however have gotten off track of my OP.

G

Some pretty heavy racism going on there. Something should be done. I do not trust the in game reporting. I know they tell us to use it. Have you tried emailing some of the sims names to the team? I looked at their webs and there are some pretty bad names. Hard to believe EA will not shut them down. I know back in 03 ppl got suspended for swastikas The house is locked now.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Some pretty heavy racism going on there. Something should be done. I do not trust the in game reporting. I know they tell us to use it. Have you tried emailing some of the sims names to the team? I looked at their webs and there are some pretty bad names. Hard to believe EA will not shut them down. I know back in 03 ppl got suspended for swastikas The house is locked now.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't bother emailing them as I never get a reply, reported ingame by several people

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

don't bother emailing them as I never get a reply, reported ingame by several people

[/ QUOTE ]

if, you use the in-game report system. You will not get a responds back from EA. it's just for the best I think. You do get a pop-up msg saying so too. Read all the message and ya'll see. They just never respond back after you use in-game report system.

lucky for me I never had to use this when I came back to EAL. *crosses fingers* I just use ignore feature instead.

S

SammiiBeta

"What would be the point?"

More reassurance than anything and to keep what paying customers they still have. let them know that they are wasting time and money

G

<blockquote><hr>

That would be fine if this were a free game!

We are paying and really dont need to hear from a developer. We have a community rep. She is working, I get CC done daily.

But, is it too much to ask for her to sut down the speculation.

UO is also owned by EA. Their rep is talking and never stopped. They have no doom and gloom speculation over there. Their rep is talking and its all status quo. For all we know, their developers could be pulled somewhere else. But, no one is asking over there... hmm why?

Dont blame us!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmmm.....since 'us' is doing the speculating, it is of course, 'us' that is going to be blamed for it...

You apparently missed the point.....there is nothing any *player* can do about whatever is currently happening, so what is the point in getting all worked up? What function does it serve to be worried or upset about some undefined 'something' we have no knowledge of and no control over? Who does it benefit? What purpose does it serve?

All anyone can do is play the game today.....tomorrow may never come for any one of us (beware of buses and lightning bolts!
).

G

<blockquote><hr>

"What would be the point?"

More reassurance than anything and to keep what paying customers they still have. let them know that they are wasting time and money

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who *needs* reassurance when they do not get daily communication from the Dev's, is not tempermentally suited to an online game.

I don't know of any other games that get daily posts, and personal help and emails, from their developers to the players. The type of personal involvement we have experienced for the last year is unique and by it's very intensity, unlikely to be sustained.

We should all be anticipating the day when their goals are achieved, with the game stable, self-functioning and they no longer need to work so directly with us. At some point we are going to be like all other games. Never hearing from the devs except in interviews and only getting announcements of patches and updates from the Community Rep. This is more or less standard for online games.

Or anticipating the end of the line.

Either way, constantly insisting that we have some right to have our hands held on a daily basis, is just pointless.

If someone likes the game, play it, if someone doesn't like the game, don't play it.....but do not try to convince me, that players are so neurotic and frail, that they can not play an online game, unless they have the personal assurance of a developer that the everything is ok...daily....

That is completely bogus!