• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where have the Dev's Gone"

G

Just curious as to why we haven't heard from the Dev's in a while. I realize they are busy but seems that we are left to wonder many things that I think only they can answer.

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

i think parizad got mad ppl thot she was a man

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I think they are making us sit in the quiet corner after our temper tantrums from last weekend.

G

Personally I cant say as I blame them for not posting as much on here.

Every time they did they got shot down in flames for giving us info and then not updating it (urm maybe there wasn't anything further to add) or having a laugh with us (accused for being sarcastic or mucking about too much or to get on with their jobs)

They now have their own forum and post just what they need to in there.

Its rather sad but as I said, I dont blame them.

G

Don't get me wrong. I am a supporter of the Dev's and all they are doing and have done. I guess I just miss the frequent post from them in regards to what is going on.

As for the quiet corner, most likely. Too mant rants and not enough raves for the hard work they do.

I am not trying to get things riled up again. I just actually like it when they keep us better informed of what is going on with the progression of things.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think they are making us sit in the quiet corner after our temper tantrums from last weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nah, I think they're hiding in the closet, afraid to face us.

D

dirndingle

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]That's my take too.

But you'll never convince the bliss ninnies.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]That's my take too.

But you'll never convince the bliss ninnies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nor those who 'live under bridges' of the opposite

I

imported_rpsky3

I have no idea what happened last weekend, but i must say that i sure do miss them as well. I do hope that instead of being indoors this weekend, that they are out enjoying some of that warm CA weather my family was telling me about back home. either way, Yes, Devs, i do miss you guys and Parizad too!

G

Bowl of petunias, anyone? I definitely know we've been down this track before. And if people continue to hurl hateful insults at the devs, I can predict exactly what will happen - because it's happened before.

Now, before people start coming out from under the bridge to challenge me - I am not saying we all need to wave pom-poms or worship the ground they walk on; however, a little civility and common courtesy goes a long, long way. Before anyone here hits that "Continue" button after writing a post, read back through it and ask yourself: "If I received a post like this, how would I react?"

G

<blockquote><hr>

Before anyone here hits that "Continue" button after writing a post, read back through it and ask yourself: "If I received a post like this, how would I react?"

[/ QUOTE ]

And remember the Rules of Conduct isn't waived just because you're commenting about EA staff. The same rules apply to anything you say about them just as they apply to anything said about anyone else.

J

jammybob

I dont know what posts you're specifically refering to, but people post on here because they care about the game.
If they have complaints / critisisms, then they should be taken as that and listened to.
Acting on the problems would be a much better way for the devs to go than sulking about them which it appears they are doing now.
Nothings changed recently, except the devs arent trying to fob us off with excuses anymore from what i can see.
Bottom line is that people couldnt give a damn if others are botting or whatever.... there are always cheaters around. But to take all the fun out of the game for everyone else just to stop the few cheaters is crazy.
The devs seem to have an idea of how THEY want the game to be, the paying public have another vision. I guess they are just too stuborn to listen to their customers and are hurt that they are found to be wrong.
Time for them to grow up and accept that they made wrong decisions and act upon them rather than bury thier heads in the sand in my opinion

H

hollythor

I agree, maybe they quit or got fired. lol or on vacation. I personally think they are stalling.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Bowl of petunias, anyone? I definitely know we've been down this track before. And if people continue to hurl hateful insults at the devs, I can predict exactly what will happen - because it's happened before.

Now, before people start coming out from under the bridge to challenge me - I am not saying we all need to wave pom-poms or worship the ground they walk on; however, a little civility and common courtesy goes a long, long way. Before anyone here hits that "Continue" button after writing a post, read back through it and ask yourself: "If I received a post like this, how would I react?"

[/ QUOTE ]

If what goes on here causes them to get upset, they best not apply for a job working with Ultima Online, which also uses these forums and the posts about the developers there are a lot worse.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I dont know what posts you're specifically refering to, but people post on here because they care about the game.
If they have complaints / critisisms, then they should be taken as that and listened to.
Acting on the problems would be a much better way for the devs to go than sulking about them which it appears they are doing now.
Nothings changed recently, except the devs arent trying to fob us off with excuses anymore from what i can see.
Bottom line is that people couldnt give a damn if others are botting or whatever.... there are always cheaters around. But to take all the fun out of the game foreveryone else just to stop the few cheaters is crazy.
The devs seem to have an idea of how THEY want the game to be, the paying public have another vision. I guess they are just too stuborn to listen to their customers and are hurt that they are found to be wrong.
Time for them to grow up and accept that they made wrong decisions and act upon them rather than bury thier heads in the sand in my opinion

[/ QUOTE ]

Speak for yourself, please. Nobody has taken or will be able to take the fun out of my game, because I make the fun in my game myself based on whatever is available in the game at a given point. If what I was having fun with is no longer available at some point, I might stumble for a few days and get discouraged....but ultimately I always find something else to have fun with in-game. Those who cannot do that are the ones that get stuck in the rut of playing the game in a set pattern and refuse to think *outside the box*....then they turn around and call those of us with the creativity to think outside the box and have that fun 'cheerleaders' or my favorite of the day....'bliss ninnies'. I still don't understand why it's not acceptable to call somebody a troll but it is acceptable to call them a cheerleader or some other seemingly positive name but with a negative connotation behind it.

I

imported_aldldl

<blockquote><hr>

I agree, maybe they quit or got fired. lol or on vacation. I personally think they are stalling.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would say if they quit then they would prob. take the game with them (like we would know they may 'ave even shut it down). Maybe for once they are enjoying their weekend and not worrying about work and working 10-12 hours a day and the weekend. I don't see many other games with the developers this active. They posted on the blog 3 days ago... So I don't think they quit in that short amount of time.

And hey, they may be working on the game instead of dealing with all of us for a few days... imagine that...

ALo

<font color="#666666">PS: Don't think I was trying to be rude - I was NOT </font>

G

Well, I agree, can't we just give them a break? Imagine how would YOU feel when people would just keep bothering you about stuff and stuff! They are STILL HUMANS and not OUR SLAVES.

J

jammybob

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Bottom line is that people couldnt give a damn if others are botting or whatever.... there are always cheaters around. But to take all the fun out of the game foreveryone else just to stop the few cheaters is crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speak for yourself, please. Nobody has taken or will be able to take the fun out of my game, because I make the fun in my game myself based on whatever is available in the game at a given point. If what I was having fun with is no longer available at some point, I might stumble for a few days and get discouraged....but ultimately I always find something else to have fun with in-game. Those who cannot do that are the ones that get stuck in the rut of playing the game in a set pattern and refuse to think *outside the box*....then they turn around and call those of us with the creativity to think outside the box and have that fun 'cheerleaders' or my favorite of the day....'bliss ninnies'. I still don't understand why it's not acceptable to call somebody a troll but it is acceptable to call them a cheerleader or some other seemingly positive name but with a negative connotation behind it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm yes, I was obviously speaking for myself...
The point being, even if you wish to ignore it or pretend its not true, there were far more things to do before than there are now to amuse us.
We could think outside the box before but the box was so much bigger then so we didnt have to so often

I

imported_Spacey

I've been wondering about the lava game. I'm ready to get back into that.

G

<font color="red"> remember this post is not directed to anyone in particular </font>

Well, after reading this thread...I don't blame the DEVS for taking a break. There human beings too like a poster said. They, need a break from time to time and we don't need a milion threas like this saying so.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, yep that's what I was thinking as well.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="red"> remember this post is not directed to anyone in particular </font>

Well, after reading this thread...I don't blame the DEVS for taking a break. There human beings too like a poster said. They, need a break from time to time and we don't need a milion threas like this saying so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not start this thread to bash the Dev's. I posted it because I miss them posting with even the tiniest bit of infomation to keep us posted on the progression they are making. I realize they are human and need breaks, I realize too that they are working steadily to get the game where we as players perhaps won't complain at every turn. I simply miss hearing from them.

I am not taking out my pom-poms and doing a cheer for them, I am not bashing them because things are still buggy or that we haven't received Amnesty. If people would just read the original post, I would hope that they saw that I was not trying to stir up the pot, however, I should know that no matter what is posted here there will always be negative complaints, even in a positive post.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not start this thread to bash the Dev's. I posted it because I miss them posting with even the tiniest bit of infomation to keep us posted on the progression they are making. I realize they are human and need breaks, I realize too that they are working steadily to get the game where we as players perhaps won't complain at every turn. I simply miss hearing from them.

I am not taking out my pom-poms and doing a cheer for them, I am not bashing them because things are still buggy or that we haven't received Amnesty. If people would just read the original post, I would hope that they saw that I was not trying to stir up the pot, however, I should know that no matter what is posted here there will always be negative complaints, even in a positive post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey don't worry most of us feel just like you.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Ruby, *you* were not trying to stir the pot....alot of us do realize that, but other people were trying to stir the pot and insinuate alot of things that should not be insinuated. I don't know why though people think that amnesty is due, I haven't expected it to come since the post that said that the deadline was April 30th
. Am I the *only* one that read that post that way???

G

No CB, that is how I read it as well and even posted in another thread to at least give the Dev's until the end of the month before starting another uproar over Amnesty.

And thank you for at least seeing that I was not trying to stir the pot. Too bad others didn't see it that way.

J

jammybob

no idea why anyone would be expecting amnesty before April 30th, the date was plain for all to see

I

imported_TraciRK

TTL

Perhaps they are spending their time working on some of the problems instead of reading all the complaints. Heard they got new skilling in tc3 so someone is doing something, guess they are working on new things and testing them. If they stop every 5 min to address every little question they would never get anything done, but if they ignore all us they can work without interruption.

They might be wading through the thousands of emails too lol. I wouldn't want that job.

And don't call me a cheerleader, y'all know I get ill too. Just happen to be in a good mood at the moment.

Have you killed a co-worker today?

T

Tristan Lewis

Im not Expecting it before the 30th myself. But here are 2 things contained in the Blog post dated March,25th that may lead People to think it will be done before the 30th.
#1 For a short period of time (now until April 30, 2008), the algorithm used for skill locks will be adjusted to consider entitlement age as an alternative means of calculating skill locks.
#2 We will be doing various pieces of the gifting and amnesty over the next 2-3 weeks. And if all goes as planned you should receive city-from gifts this week. When we are sure an aspect is working we will let you know via the blog.

I

imported_TraciRK

Im not Expecting it before the 30th myself. But here are 2 things contained in the Blog post dated March,25th that may lead People to think it will be done before the 30th.
#1 For a short period of time (now until April 30, 2008), the algorithm used for skill locks will be adjusted to consider entitlement age as an alternative means of calculating skill locks.
#2 We will be doing various pieces of the gifting and amnesty over the next 2-3 weeks. And if all goes as planned you should receive city-from gifts this week. When we are sure an aspect is working we will let you know via the blog.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you've canceled your subscription how many times through the years?

G

Well having reported two duplication bugs to their support email and no response or action (good luck with cash out) and reported several times of losing money that is invested via the atm, nothing, nada.

duplication bugs reported a month ago btw

T

Tristan Lewis

Boy you must of been the 1st Person to report a bug to the EA team email. As it was exactly a month ago that the new way to report bugs was posted.

S

Shyanne1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm yes, I was obviously speaking for myself...
The point being, even if you wish to ignore it or pretend its not true, there were far more things to do before than there are now to amuse us.
We could think outside the box before but the box was so much bigger then so we didnt have to so often

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that we could think much more outside the box when there were funds to help us do that. Now all that is happening is people are spending them to furnish their meger little home.

What is going to happen when the player that doesn't think the fun has been taken out log on one day and they are the only one on. Think of how much fun that will be. It's a reality soon to come.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Boy you must of been the 1st Person to report a bug to the EA team email. As it was exactly a month ago that the new way to report bugs was posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt I was the first

N

Natedawg26

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

im glad you posted this cause i was about to basically say the same thing to show those that are getting annoyed why people expected it sooner...i read it several times and what i got from the entire blog was we'd be getting the city signs that following week and stuff over time but i guess were getting it all on one day? it still isnt exactly "clear" but on another note i dont think the devs are necessarily taking a break...id like to think their working on amnesty...they wanna get it right the first time for every sim (remember how crazy the lava card game was...some got cards some didnt it was a mess) so im guessing their just fine tuning that...i hope anyways

can you imagine the chaos if people didnt get all their gifts? there are soemwhere around a couple thousand accts in game...yikes

G

<center>

There once was a group of people,
Who had time to complain of all this.
They worried and fretted, wondered and whined,
Just where was their EA Land bliss?

The avatars searched, high and low,
Under threads and topics, admins and mods.
Debating on where to go and what to do,
With the leftover feeling of ends and odds.

When along came an Autumn to ease their woes,
And assure them that nothing was amiss.
"Stay calm and quiet, say nothing you'll regret,
And I assure you, we'll see more Dev bliss!"

So with that, my fello Sims, I bid you adieu,
And hope that to wisdom you all flock!
For I fear that if this trend continues,
The next thing we'll see is a lock!

I

imported_Claudia MacCloud

TTL

We all need a break, Please give the dev's some time to themselves and or family. They are human's just like the rest of us Simeeps are.... They wear out just like we do ...

The important thing here is, that they are still doing a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious job and that is all that matters .... Right?

Great Job Devs!!!!!!!! take a bit of time to yourselfs you deserve it ... Im sure we will all be here when ya get back....

L

legscroft

TTL

I don't need a dev to hold my hand.
I don't need a dev to send me pop-up messages in game telling me they love me.
I don't need to know what the devs ate for dinner or who has the liquor stash.
What I need to know is what was new in last weeks update.
If they don't feel that communicating relevant info is important, that's their perogative.
If they expect the community to "be nice" in order for them to deem it appropriate to give us this info, I think that's just silly &amp; they will lose paying customers.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If they expect the community to "be nice" in order for them to deem it appropriate to give us this info, I think that's just silly &amp; they will lose paying customers.

[/ QUOTE ]
There is a big difference between being "nice" and being courteous. After many years of being a Stratics community contributor in one way or another, I can honestly say that I've seen the difference between the two and know just how difficult it can be for some to accomplish either.

My question to you is, can you be courteous without being nice? It is one of the most challenging balances to strike, but also one that we should all strive for. Nobody has asked anyone to be "nice" as much as it is merely decent for us all to aspire to be courteous.

And being courteous costs you nothing in terms of your position on the topic(s) you choose to discuss with those around you, and may garner you more respect and courteousness in return.

*nods*

G

When they come up with a hair brained plan like the anti-bot measures and clearly have no clue about how much a normal player can make in a day.

They bring the grief to themselves.

The population of new players in EALand is gone. Hours have plummeted on the categories that free accounts could go to.

I dont find this something to congratulate them for, sorry.

G

<blockquote><hr>

When they come up with a hair brained plan like the anti-bot measures and clearly have no clue about how much a normal player can make in a day.

The population of new players in EALand is gone. Hours have plummeted on the categories that free accounts could go to.

[/ QUOTE ]Interesting. Especially considering EA-Land isn't even affected by the anti-bot measures.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, game, point, match *licks finger and draws a line in the air while making a 'sizzle' sound*

But Kat, you're gonna become unpopular if you start interjecting logic in to illogical rants n raves

G

Sorry divide my post in half.

First part was the hairbrained anti-bot

Second part was the free accounts dont count toward visitor hours.

Notice the same stores are in the top 10. Also notice the other categories that free accounts used to visit have only 14 hours to be the top one.

I had a misplaced modifier, usually I have a dangling modifier.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I had a misplaced modifier, usually I have a dangling modifier.

[/ QUOTE ]
My neighbor had one of those. His Doctor gave him some little pink pills that fixed him right up (no pun intended).

G

Once again people haven't gotten off topic on a thread. Please lock this thread.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just curious as to why we haven't heard from the Dev's in a while. I realize they are busy but seems that we are left to wonder many things that I think only they can answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are the one that told us that we are left to wonder many things!

So which of the many thing wondering should we have stayed on?

G

I'm just a little concerned about them. Hope everything is all right!!

::looks for them under the couch...nope not there::

F

frogger2

Im just worried if this is the same thing that happened so long ago where we got a bunch of updates at 1 time then we were abandoned, Im hopeing thats not the case, but history does have a nasty habit of repeating itself sad to say.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You are the one that told us that we are left to wonder many things!

So which of the many thing wondering should we have stayed on?

[/ QUOTE ]

The ones that were germaine to the topic instead of obvious trolls to drag it off topic? I dunno, I could be wrong but that seems to be the constructive thing to do.