• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What would get You to Felucca?

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was running around looking for miners
And you wonder why people don't want to go to Fel? You weren't looking for PvP, you were looking for someone to kill at no risk to yourself.

And you wonder why there aren't more people in Fel. :coco:
Him running around looking for PvP, means that others who are looking for PvP... may stumble upon him... too.

I really love how you and your co-parts try to paint the picture that Feluccans all hold hands with eachother and don't endure the same freaking risks you would should you enter that facet.

Make some sense... for once.

C

Connor_Graham

Him running around looking for PvP, means that others who are looking for PvP... may stumble upon him... too.

I really love how you and your co-parts try to paint the picture that Feluccans all hold hands with eachother and don't endure the same freaking risks you would should you enter that facet.

The difference between the 2 being the ones from Fel are experienced PvP'rs and as such have spent the majority of their game time toward gearing their character and practicing PvP. The people they're trying to get to come to Fel have not, especially not some random miner. There's a world of difference between the 2, both figuratively and literally.

Maybe you should try making some sense of things before popping off....for once. :lick:

C

Connor_Graham

SA should be a return of murdering and thieving and a revamp of old days.
The "good old days" that you remember so fondly are gone for a reason.

You can blame those of your profession that were the reason the phrase "leg humping thieves" was coined.

That and the PK's that couldn't control themselves.

But I think you already know that and are just dreaming.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Firstly: I guess that the wording of your question makes my opinion void, as I spend quite a bit of time in Felucca. I would, however, like to respond.

Secondly: This is going to be an incredibly disjointed reply, as I am responding to remarks in the order that they were made.

I go to Fel a lot to mine... haven't run into any risk in the areas I have chosen, so why not get the reward for no extra risk.
A wonderful response. Please keep saying this over and over, then perhaps more people will come and hunt in out-of-the-way areas of Fel. Once more players realise that stepping into Felucca does not mean instadeath then the population of that shard can only increase (along with opportunities for both PvMers and PvPers alike.)

I Dont have an uber pvp suit/template ps's nor the time to farm gold to buy one, nor the rl funds to purchase one.
I take it that you have no Felucca roleplayers on your shard.
Watching a RP guild, wearing non-runic armour and weapons, crash an open Harrower was one of my most enjoyable evenings in UO.
I was not the only "artie-loaded, PvP-suited" person they killed.

To me it has to be made an equal playing field
No hacks scripts cheats etc
Would you like me to point you in the direction of a "monster-hunting" script?
As far as I can see, it auto targets / auto attacks / auto heals / auto loots.
The simple fact that certain websites offer these scripts would suggest that scripting is just as prevalent in Trammel as in Felucca - so why do you stay in Trammel competing against the cheats?

It's not limited to ingame though. The attitude shown on the boards also plays into the equation. The attitude that if you don't PvP, you aren't playing the REAL UO... that if you don't PvP, you want to play on "easy mode", and so on.
Sure there is attitude coming from Trammel players (although ingame, it's generally people who hate Trammel who are inexplicably IN Trammel),
This is something I addressed in an previous thread.
The forums allow for a great deal of posturing on both sides... "Trammies are carebears".... "Feluccans are antisocial cheats".... and so on.

Why not ignore the posers and listen to the people who actually play both sides of the moongate?

I would go to fel if there was an option like i refuse to let anyone pk me meaning i also cant pk anyone while i use that option. If there was an option saying i refuse to let anyone steal from me or loot my corpse meaning the same applys to me as long as i use that option.

…one incentive would be trying for some power scrolls without the risk of being pkd or stolen from or looted
So, you would go to Felucca if it wasn't actually Felucca?

You and I both have that option already: It's called "hunting in Trammel"

You could add further restrictions to the ruleset regarding reds, such as no properties on items carried, or a "zone" around a blue player allowing only one red to enter within about 15 tiles.
Fine. As long as the same item restictions apply to blues near reds.

Or maybe make it so that if a red character dies, it's gone, deleted, period. Oh boy, the fury. Changing the ruleset will meet significant player outrage.
If you would not be prepared to risk your blue under the same conditions, hush.

You might also "enhance" blue characters, such as adding major benefits to the virtue armor suit correlating to virtue levels on a character. Or maybe remove all "caps" for every property on a blue player in Fel.
Groovy.
It would take me about 3 or 4 days to get my blue mage back to Knight of Justice / Compassion / Sacrifice / Valour / Honour. On the assumption that you don't PvP, that gives me one more Virtue than you have. When would you like to meet for a duel for deletion?

The trouble for me (and people like me if I'm not unique in my attitude) is this: I don't play for the rush, the adrenaline, anxiety or hunter's instinct. I play to relax, for the comfort, the sense of community, the knowledge that I can go out and do something and know that I am going to get a reward (even if it's just a few gold), that nice things can happen (various lottery-type mechanics) or that I can pretend to be a minor hero (I take very few risks in-game, even when there's nothing to lose by dying).
I have absolutely no problem with any person thinking like this; I play like this quite a bit of the time.

As long as you are happy to let me to play my way, I'm more than happy for you to play yours.

Nothing would get me to go to Felucca. No feature will be able to force me to hunt in an area that is crammed with smack-talking dorks and cheaters. Not even powerscrolls.
OK. This is where I get a bit angry.

I guess it's for other players I have met ingame to decide whether I'm a smack-talking dork, but until idiot generalisations like this are muzzled, I will continue to get angry.

I am a member of a guild whose raison detre is to help newcomers. We make them suits. We make them weapons. We give advice. We take them hunting.

I organise player events just for fun (there's one next Friday - in Felucca, as it happens)

Yet when I login with either a red, or the theif, or a PvP blue, you think I undergo a personality change, and have a "**** off back to Trammel" macro??

Pathetic.

I think that's my disjointed ranting done for now.

L

Loqucious

I already live in Fel, but I just want to say that living there is sooooo much more exciting. I can't PVP worth a damn but the fact that I can be killed just makes it interesting to me. Even if I were a Trammel type player I would still live in Fel just for the excitement. Just MO.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I already live in Fel, but I just want to say that living there is sooooo much more exciting. I can't PVP worth a damn but the fact that I can be killed just makes it interesting to me. Even if I were a Trammel type player I would still live in Fel just for the excitement. Just MO.
I play both sides of the moongate....Fel isn't really different from Trammel anymore...In Tram you die to Monsters, in Fel you die to players.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess it's for other players I have met ingame to decide whether I'm a smack-talking dork, but until idiot generalisations like this are muzzled, I will continue to get angry.

I am a member of a guild whose raison detre is to help newcomers. We make them suits. We make them weapons. We give advice. We take them hunting.

I organise player events just for fun (there's one next Friday - in Felucca, as it happens)

Yet when I login with either a red, or the theif, or a PvP blue, you think I undergo a personality change, and have a "**** off back to Trammel" macro??

Pathetic.
So you are angry. You get angry because the majority of the Trammel players has this opinion. Now, where does this opinion come from, one might ask? Out of thin air? No! It is not a prejudice. I do not phantasize about the playing conditions in Felucca. I've been there often enough myself. Apart from very few exceptions, the experience was similar. Maybe you're one of those exceptions. But believe me, most aren't. PvP IS fun, I love it, and some years ago I enjoyed being in Felucca (even had my house there). I actually liked the thrill of having to beware of thieves and murderers.

But times have really changed. I have tried Felucca many times, with no prejudice, cause I am open-minded. In 9 out of 10 cases, people talked in a way that I consider close to harrassment, used speed hacks to escape when the situation was tight, using guard-zone tricks to get you guard-killed, calling you "loser", "lamer", "I pwn u" and stuff like that. PvP guilds control the Champ Spawns by using ghost cams.

Do you still want to tell me that Felucca is full of nice and helpful people who organize interesting events? Maybe it is time for you people to get off from your high horse and admit that Felucca is just what it is.

Believe me, I am neither touchy nor do I give much about mentioned Felucca dorks in UO. But when I have the choice, I will chose not to meet such people in a game I am playing for FUN.

That is my point.

P.S.: Get rid of Felucca, move Power Scroll spawns to Trammel, and you will only have a handful of people regretting the loss of this facet. That speaks for itself, doesn't it?

S

Splup

Not your attitude. Reason I left Fel so many years ago were cowards like you who only went after crafters and called it PVP. HAHAHA what a joke your kind is.
Ohh my... Learn to read, that's all I can say mate. Don't judge if you don't understand what the other guy is writing.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you are angry. You get angry because the majority of the Trammel players has this opinion. Now, where does this opinion come from, one might ask? Out of thin air?

But times have really changed. I have tried Felucca many times, with no prejudice, cause I am open-minded. In 9 out of 10 cases, people talked in a way that I consider close to harrassment, used speed hacks to escape when the situation was tight, using guard-zone tricks to get you guard-killed, calling you "loser", "lamer", "I pwn u" and stuff like that. PvP guilds control the Champ Spawns by using ghost cams.

Do you still want to tell me that Felucca is full of nice and helpful people who organize interesting events? Maybe it is time for you people to get off from your high horse and admit that Felucca is just what it is.

Believe me, I am neither touchy nor do I give much about mentioned Felucca dorks in UO. But when I have the choice, I will chose not to meet such people in a game I am playing for FUN.

That is my point.

P.S.: Get rid of Felucca, move Power Scroll spawns to Trammel, and you will only have a handful of people regretting the loss of this facet. That speaks for itself, doesn't it?

IYou seem to have had bad Feluccan experiences, so here is an offer:

Make a Europa character and publicise the fact on the Stratics Europa forum.

There are plenty of people who will be prepared to kit you out with reasonable stuff.

I'll give you some time to get yourself reasonably trained-up... you don't need 120s, but a bit more than starting skills will be useful.

When you are ready, I'll take you for a wander around Felucca. We won't go to Yew Gate (where all the 13-year-old "hard men" hang out), but we will spend the entire evening in Felucca.

We will both die. Probably repeatedly. And I will take journal screenshots of every death.

Your forum signature says you play Catskills, so......

If more than 20% of our deaths are accompanied by smack-talk, I will come back to this forum and say, in big capital letters, "All Fellucans are smack-talking dorks."

If less than 20% of our deaths are accompanied by smack-talk, you come back here and say "All Catskiillers are smack-talking dorks."

Please, don't judge everybody who plays UO by either:

1) What you have experienced on your own shard, or
2) What you think you might have experienced on your own shard, if you had gone to Felucca.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A wonderful response. Please keep saying this over and over, then perhaps more people will come and hunt in out-of-the-way areas of Fel. Once more players realise that stepping into Felucca does not mean instadeath then the population of that shard can only increase (along with opportunities for both PvMers and PvPers alike.)
There are a number of decent areas to mine that are in guardzones. Well, not currently, because of the bug, but usually they are.

Would you like me to point you in the direction of a "monster-hunting" script?
As far as I can see, it auto targets / auto attacks / auto heals / auto loots.
The simple fact that certain websites offer these scripts would suggest that scripting is just as prevalent in Trammel as in Felucca - so why do you stay in Trammel competing against the cheats?
Are you really this blind and/or narrow minded? The scripts that run in Tram don't cause an imbalance to PvP, which honestly is the only reason to go to Fel, is to PvP. I can go to doom, get a couple of arties and sell them/trade for any powerscolls I need. I never said that scripting was worse in Fel that Tram, but people in Tram don't get my insurance gold from scripting.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are a number of decent areas to mine that are in guardzones. Well, not currently, because of the bug, but usually they are.

Are you really this blind and/or narrow minded? The scripts that run in Tram don't cause an imbalance to PvP, which honestly is the only reason to go to Fel, is to PvP. I can go to doom, get a couple of arties and sell them/trade for any powerscolls I need. I never said that scripting was worse in Fel that Tram, but people in Tram don't get my insurance gold from scripting.

Bearing in mind that I have no idea who I responded to in my original post - I just copy/pasted paragraphs which I felt needed a response.....

Re. the first bit:

Lets say that you are a miner, digging in a Fel guardzone areas....

Given time, when you see that the screen is not filled with evil PKs out to get you, you may decide to chance your luck outside the GZ. That's great, because you are now a non-GZ Feluccan, which is good for both you and me. It's good for you, as it gives you more areas to mine, and it's good for me because it gives me either more miners to kill, or more bait for PKs for my anti-PK to kill.

Re. the second bit:

Most PvP scripting (apart from targeting and chugging) will never do what it's supposed to as well as a player with a well set-out macro selection..

The point I was hoping to make is that a Trammel hunting script - utilised at Swoop for example - is more efficient at what it does that 90% of PvP scripts will be.
The person I replied to suggested that scripts were the reason they didn't go to Felucca. My response was that scripts are just as common, if not more so, in Trammel.

D

D'Amavir

You can blame those of your profession that were the reason the phrase "leg humping thieves" was coined.

Actually, the blame should be on those people that joined a game that not only allowed certain activities but encouraged them and then cried about those activities until the developers had to come up with some way to appease them.

That's like me going to play CoD and then whining all day that I don't like first person shooters and that the developers should change it. All these people that claim to be around since before Fel really need to ask themselves why they chose to play a game that was built around a playstyle that they hated so much.

If there was more drawbacks to being a red player, sure the player base wouldn't react so negativly to all these threads. But as it is now there is no drawback at all to being a murderer. You kill and suffer nothing. You have healers at every moongate now to make it 'easier'.
Reds have the exact same risks that blues do plus more punishments. Reds are attackeable anywhere. Reds can't get into Trammel. Reds can be killed by blues, reds or grays just like blues can. Same risk there. Reds can be looted by anyone just like blues. Same risk there. People that claim that reds have no risks obviously haven't played very long.

Its this mindless hatred that people have that causes so many problems in this game. Being red is just the color of your name. Nothing more. They suffer the exact same risk PLUS additional punishments.

Maybe they don't get that obvious game changing 300g per item when they kill you. But, they do help ruin the economy. Gold script farming is one of the reasons why 1million gold items now cost 100m gold. They are able to farm without risk all day long getting gold and items which floods the market with both while making the economy weaker because gold is so easy for them to get. Them buying things at a much higher cost means people sell things for a much higher cost. Those that have to actually earn their gold end up unable to buy the things they want because of the fact that they don't have nearly the amount of gold.

I agree that things like pvp scripts make pvp'ing suck for the most part. But, that only impacts pvp'ers. The ruined economy from gold script farming damages the game for pvp'ers and non pvp'ers alike.

Plain and SImple.........Consensual PvP
That means you won't go to Fel unless its Trammel. Not very helpful considering the intent of this thread to say the least. There is no purpose for having Fel if its just going to be a clone of Trammel. Would you enjoy it if the developers came out once a year and introduced an expansion that added an exact clone of the lost lands each time? Probably not.

Nothing would get me to go to Felucca. No feature will be able to force me to hunt in an area that is crammed with smack-talking dorks and cheaters. Not even powerscrolls.
You must hate Trammel then. I see much more smack talking dorks in Trammel that I have ever seen in Fel. And, the worst part, you can't do anything about them there. At least in Fel if someone is smack talking you you can attack them. Not that I would, the ignore feature works perfectly for me. In Fel and in Trammel.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The difference between the 2 being the ones from Fel are experienced PvP'rs and as such have spent the majority of their game time toward gearing their character and practicing PvP. The people they're trying to get to come to Fel have not, especially not some random miner. There's a world of difference between the 2, both figuratively and literally.

Maybe you should try making some sense of things before popping off....for once. :lick:
The difference between the 2 is... what? That one player had the for-thought to go out prepared?

The ONLY difference between the 2... the one, should of stayed in Trammel, if he/she didn't want to risk engaging in PvP OR he/she should of set up the character to get away (ninja, hiding, stealth, wrestling... smoke bomb and run away) you know... coming to the situation, PREPARED.

The only difference between you and I is that you think everything should be catered to the person you side with rather than finding all players in the story of equal value, but not all the players of equal intelligence or forethought.

Now scuttle off, you get kapwned on these boards by me constantly. In game, I'd soooo tab dance on top of your corpse. That's how life works, I am just better than you. :lick:

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please, don't judge everybody who plays UO by either:
1) What you have experienced on your own shard, or
2) What you think you might have experienced on your own shard, if you had gone to Felucca.
First, I want to thank you for your offer! It proves that you are really passionate about your facet. If only more people would have that attitude!

As you noticed, I play on Catskills. Thus, my experiences refer to the Catskills shard only. Maybe it is different on other shards, I don't know. Unfortunately I cannot join you on Europa (although I have a character there already), because my playing time is limited and I am dedicated to the Catskills RP community, especially the pirate guild I am happy to be a member of. The little online time I have, I want to spend with this community.

You do not seem to believe me that I have actually been to Felucca. I don't blame you, as from your point of view the situation seems to look completely different. Let me tell you that I grew up in Felucca from the time it was introduced. However, today I play in Trammel. Try to understand my point of view as well (as it probably matches a lot of other Trammies' experiences):

To me, there really is no reason to go to Felucca. I love PvP, yes, but we actually can do that better in Trammel guild wars. Guilds enforce the Rules of Engagement, which effectively prevent cheating, looting and general griefing. There is mutual respect. There is the thrill of being killed, without the annoyance of being ganked. Why should I bother about Felucca, when most of the people I like to spend my online time with are in Trammel?

I'm no general Felucca hater. I actually wish Trammel would never have been invented. But it has been. And to me, today the fun happens in Trammel. That's why I prefer that facet.

C

Connor_Graham

Now scuttle off, you get kapwned on these boards by me constantly. In game, I'd soooo tab dance on top of your corpse. That's how life works, I am just better than you. :lick:
Wrong again.

The one that has to resort to insults and childish comments is the one that always loses. Just a hint for future reference, it also helps to use real words, and not some 12 yr old made up wannabe slang garbage that no one but you and maybe 2 or 3 other people actually know what they mean.

Ah well. As they say......that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Now get a broom and a dustpan and clean up all those cookie crumbs you just dropped on the floor.

C

Connor_Graham

Actually, the blame should be on those people that joined a game that not only allowed certain activities but encouraged them and then cried about those activities until the developers had to come up with some way to appease them.

That's like me going to play CoD and then whining all day that I don't like first person shooters and that the developers should change it. All these people that claim to be around since before Fel really need to ask themselves why they chose to play a game that was built around a playstyle that they hated so much.

If there was more drawbacks to being a red player, sure the player base wouldn't react so negativly to all these threads. But as it is now there is no drawback at all to being a murderer. You kill and suffer nothing. You have healers at every moongate now to make it 'easier'.
Reds have the exact same risks that blues do plus more punishments. Reds are attackeable anywhere. Reds can't get into Trammel. Reds can be killed by blues, reds or grays just like blues can. Same risk there. Reds can be looted by anyone just like blues. Same risk there. People that claim that reds have no risks obviously haven't played very long.

Its this mindless hatred that people have that causes so many problems in this game. Being red is just the color of your name. Nothing more. They suffer the exact same risk PLUS additional punishments.

Maybe they don't get that obvious game changing 300g per item when they kill you. But, they do help ruin the economy. Gold script farming is one of the reasons why 1million gold items now cost 100m gold. They are able to farm without risk all day long getting gold and items which floods the market with both while making the economy weaker because gold is so easy for them to get. Them buying things at a much higher cost means people sell things for a much higher cost. Those that have to actually earn their gold end up unable to buy the things they want because of the fact that they don't have nearly the amount of gold.

I agree that things like pvp scripts make pvp'ing suck for the most part. But, that only impacts pvp'ers. The ruined economy from gold script farming damages the game for pvp'ers and non pvp'ers alike.

Plain and SImple.........Consensual PvP
That means you won't go to Fel unless its Trammel. Not very helpful considering the intent of this thread to say the least. There is no purpose for having Fel if its just going to be a clone of Trammel. Would you enjoy it if the developers came out once a year and introduced an expansion that added an exact clone of the lost lands each time? Probably not.

You must hate Trammel then. I see much more smack talking dorks in Trammel that I have ever seen in Fel. And, the worst part, you can't do anything about them there. At least in Fel if someone is smack talking you you can attack them. Not that I would, the ignore feature works perfectly for me. In Fel and in Trammel.
Uh, the only part of this entire thread that had anything to do with my post was the first quote. I sure as hell didn't write all the rest of that.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To me, there really is no reason to go to Felucca. I love PvP, yes, but we actually can do that better in Trammel guild wars. Guilds enforce the Rules of Engagement, which effectively prevent cheating, looting and general griefing. There is mutual respect. There is the thrill of being killed, without the annoyance of being ganked. Why should I bother about Felucca, when most of the people I like to spend my online time with are in Trammel?

I'm no general Felucca hater. I actually wish Trammel would never have been invented. But it has been. And to me, today the fun happens in Trammel. That's why I prefer that facet.
I guess my question is... is if you as a Trammy have what you want, then why would you have an opinion about something that doesn't effect you or take away from what you have / are currently enjoying?

I ask, because generally speaking... when we Feluccans propose a new idea that won't negatively effect "trammies," the trammies jump all over it like it's the plague.

?

D

D'Amavir

The ONLY difference between the 2... the one, should of stayed in Trammel, if he/she didn't want to risk engaging in PvP OR he/she should of set up the character to get away (ninja, hiding, stealth, wrestling... smoke bomb and run away) you know... coming to the situation, PREPARED.

There is only one reason for a non pvp character to go to Fel, greed. Plain and simple. Every day these boards are full of people that complain about the double resources in Fel because they don't want to be 'forced' to go there since they hate open pvp. The thing is, they aren't forced to go there. They let their own greed drive them there and then complain about what happens when they go.

These same people are the ones that lump each and every Fel player into the 'punk kid' or 'griefer' category. Not all Fel players are like that, for sure. Just like not all Trammel players are self centered whiny brats that want the world handed to them and that whine all day about someone doing something that they themselves don't want to do.

As far as being better than anyone else, and I am not saying you were being 100% serious when you said that, no one is better than anyone else. At least not based on how they play some online game. Who you are as a person is defined by how you are as a person. Not what some avatar in an online game does.

D

D'Amavir

Uh, the only part of this entire thread that had anything to do with my post was the first quote. I sure as hell didn't write all the rest of that.
No, I didn't mean to imply you did. I just gathered some quotes up from the thread instead of having to do one post for each. Sorry for the confusion.

D

D'Amavir

I guess my question is... is if you as a Trammy have what you want, then why would you have an opinion about something that doesn't effect you or take away from what you have / are currently enjoying?

I ask, because generally speaking... when we Feluccans propose a new idea that won't negatively effect "trammies," the trammies jump all over it like it's the plague.

?
Sad but true. I don't stalk the plant growing threads and spout out insults about those that enjoy plant growing just because its not my thing. But it seems like any pro Fel thread always gets overrun by the 'We hate Fel even though we never have to go there' set. I am not saying that some Fel posters don't do the same about Trammel threads. But the numbers don't seem to be the same.

By the way, this is coming for a 100% trammie. I don't even go to Fel these days but I fully support the playstyles there. Its just not for me.

p.s. The above wasn't directed at Hawkeye. But at others that flock to these threads without ever really offering anything productive.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wrong again.

The one that has to resort to insults and childish comments is the one that always loses. Just a hint for future reference, it also helps to use real words, and not some 12 yr old made up wannabe slang garbage that no one but you and maybe 2 or 3 other people actually know what they mean.

Ah well. As they say......that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Now get a broom and a dustpan and clean up all those cookie crumbs you just dropped on the floor.
Wrong again, but keep posting because I know you absolutely have to!!!

I've thrown no insults at you, but your feelings have been wounded by how absolutely right I am about this... good to know! I'll stop now, but I KNOW that you won't, because you can't. You can't stand being wrong... it eats at you.

SO, like I said; I'm tab dancing all over your post. In game, the outcome would be the exact same. Me, tab dancing on top of you... well, your corpse.

I'm just better than you. :lick:

You love my style!

Have a nice day :scholar:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re. the second bit:

Most PvP scripting (apart from targeting and chugging) will never do what it's supposed to as well as a player with a well set-out macro selection..

The point I was hoping to make is that a Trammel hunting script - utilised at Swoop for example - is more efficient at what it does that 90% of PvP scripts will be.
The person I replied to suggested that scripts were the reason they didn't go to Felucca. My response was that scripts are just as common, if not more so, in Trammel.
First off, that was me you were replying to.

Secondly, I would love to see someone with macro's out do the mentioned script. Really.

It's not the fact that scripts are more or less in fel/tram, it has to do with the fact that they use scripts. And as several people who PvP alot have said to me ingame and have pm'ed me, you have to script to compete in PvP, if you don't want to script, don't come to fel.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There is only one reason for a non pvp character to go to Fel, greed. Plain and simple. Every day these boards are full of people that complain about the double resources in Fel because they don't want to be 'forced' to go there since they hate open pvp. The thing is, they aren't forced to go there. They let their own greed drive them there and then complain about what happens when they go.

These same people are the ones that lump each and every Fel player into the 'punk kid' or 'griefer' category. Not all Fel players are like that, for sure. Just like not all Trammel players are self centered whiny brats that want the world handed to them and that whine all day about someone doing something that they themselves don't want to do.

As far as being better than anyone else, and I am not saying you were being 100% serious when you said that, no one is better than anyone else. At least not based on how they play some online game. Who you are as a person is defined by how you are as a person. Not what some avatar in an online game does.
WRONG.

There are currently a TON of players on Siege who are not on Siege TO PvP... but on Siege BECAUSE of what PvP offers their gaming experience.

Crafters come to Siege because they actually have value and a place in our community. They enjoy being able to run shops that have higher traffic then luna on any other server. Some... actually enjoy the thrill a miner PK brings to them.

Thieves come to Siege because they haven't been beaten into extinction... and there isn't a single "thief" who is a real challenge in PvP fights because of how cramped their templates are.

RPers come to Siege because they have the ability to ACTUALLY become what they are Role Playing. We have Orcs, Savages, Pirates and so forth. If you go to an Orc Fort on Siege and run into one of these players... they are actually Role Playing, that character in the world... not like on other shards where people "stand around and talk about it" while watching other people walk up and kill their brethren... lol.

Monster and Treasure Hunters come to Siege, because obtaining items for use or resale is not only forever in demand... with PvP, you never know when added excitement will enter into your game play.

Just because player versus player combat is not everyones cup of tea, that does not mean everyone is so petrified of the freaking thing that they don't want anything at all to do with it.

That is your own misconception and a very false misconception many Trammie have been toting around for 8+ years now.

It's total crap.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's what you don't get (or maybe it's me who doesn't understand it?)

A player, will willingly fight and die to a monster, get trash talked by that monster, be not allowed to return to that area because there are too many of that monster to fight, and hell, even get looted by that monster... !!!

But if another player does the EXACT SAME THING (ie-fills the role that monster otherwise would have) it's some how taboo in the Trammies mind.

Lets face facts. The real reason why players (Trammies) have a problem with other players interacting with them is because those people want to feel like winners. In this game, there are always haves and have nots... people who are winners and people who are losers. It's all about jealousy... and how they have and always were jealous of other players and their abilities... it's really hard to fathom how someone would hold jealousy towards an inanimate object, but towards a player? Of course... and thats why they cried to be allowed to play the game, get the items they needed to really pwn... and just go to yew gate with auto-renew insurance on and mindlessly PvP... I digress.

Consensual PvP is nothing but smoke and mirrors... covering up that very insecurity many players have. What they don't see is that there will always be haves and have nots... and there will always be someone who has stuff or is in every sense of it... better than them.

And the ones that complain about it (the spoiled/poor sports or losers) are the reason why we have Trammel. There are and there have always been a TON of people, who enjoyed playing this game... the way it was designed.

The trammies, have just chased off so freaking many of them... that it now appears as if they are in the majority. Well, the Feluccans are coming back and they want to enjoy, what they enjoy... and that just so happens to NOT be your cup of tea.

Y

Yalp

this thread has become a runaway train.. it's a thread obviously for players who don't go to fel (and by innuendo those who don't pvp) trying to identify what it would take to get them onto the fel facet... one can hope the OP wanted to get an honest dialogue going where real solutions to the low population of fel could be addressed.. but I see it's degraded.

D

Dicimiie

What would get me to play in Fel? Here you go. I think any one of these would do fine.

1) As stated earlier, place powerscrolls on random monsters instead of the overly controlled champ spawns. There's something about spending hours working towards a reward and then having it taken from you at the last minute that I find rather irksome.

2) If I didn't have to spend countless hours and/or gold pieces getting together the primo suit for PvP, I'd be much more apt to go. But since I've never been one to max out a suit, and not having said maxed out soon leaves you at a distcint disadvantage, I've no reason to go.

3) I at one time, I thought of moving my crafter to Fel full time to give murderes a place to buy things without having to switch characters. But I run into the same problem there that I do in Trammel. Who would be my customers? Give me a reason to bring a crafter there, and I would. Easiest solution (I think) would be to remove insurance from Fel. I know it won't happen, but I can dream, can't I?

4) Roleplay. Yep... I said it. I'd love to see more roleplay, and I think Fel is perfect for it, since it's more realistic as far as anyone is attackable by anyone, and nothing is safe (as is real life). Bring back the bounty syste, albeit modified to keep people from exploiting the system. Give blues a reason to search out and take care of reds. I had written up a system a couple of years ago that I thought would work. Maybe I'll rewrite it sometime.

5) Throw thievery a bone. I don't know how it could be done, but it really should be done. I've been wanting to play a thief for a very long time (for whatever reason, I'm drawn to rogues for roleplaying or MMORPGs... something very contradictory to my real life persona), but they've pretty much been destroyed.

Any of these would get me to go.

D

D'Amavir

First off, that was me you were replying to.

Secondly, I would love to see someone with macro's out do the mentioned script. Really.

It's not the fact that scripts are more or less in fel/tram, it has to do with the fact that they use scripts. And as several people who PvP alot have said to me ingame and have pm'ed me, you have to script to compete in PvP, if you don't want to script, don't come to fel.
People use scripts to pvp in Trammel too. PVP is not a Fel only thing at all. And the flaws you find in Fel pvp you will also find in Trammel pvp. The only difference is that the people that hate Fel will 'notice' it more and use it to justify their opinions instead of admitting that the only reason they show up on these threads is to remind everyone that they still hate Fel.

As for scripts vs macro's, a perfectly working script that never bugs or fails would definitely beat a macro. Any day of the week. But, the point the other person was trying to make, I believe, is that you won't find many perfect scripts. Nor should you really. Some things do take away from the game and impact others. PVP scripts are one of those things, even if one can accomplish the same tasks with less risk of failure doing things without the scripts.

Y

Yalp

I can not speak for others.. but for myself.. I'd rather die to a mob every day of the week and twice on sunday than to some hacking cheating pvp'r. I am not afraid of honest pvp.. I welcome a challenge.. I however can not compete against cheaters because I myself do not cheat. So I choose to remove myself from the sphere of influence where people such as this have the ability to cheat to win. I suspect they have more self esteem issues than those that choose not to cheat.. since they have to rely on illegal programs to win. If pvp'rs could do so honestly and with a small measure of respect I suspect fel would be a lag fest.

D

D'Amavir

I can not speak for others.. but for myself.. I'd rather die to a mob every day of the week and twice on sunday than to some hacking cheating pvp'r. I am not afraid of honest pvp.. I welcome a challenge.. I however can not compete against cheaters because I myself do not cheat. So I choose to remove myself from the sphere of influence where people such as this have the ability to cheat to win. I suspect they have more self esteem issues than those that choose not to cheat.. since they have to rely on illegal programs to win. If pvp'rs could do so honestly and with a small measure of respect I suspect fel would be a lag fest.
So, you don't pvp in Trammel guild wars either? Nothing wrong with that of course. Not everyone enjoys pvp. Its not really for me these days since UO became so item based.

And, as has been explained for years now, not everyone that pvp's in Fel cheats. I would say that not even the majority do. But, that logic is clearly lost on some people. Its hard to get past irrational hatred after all. Either in a game or in the real world.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
WRONG.

There are currently a TON of players on Siege who are not on Siege TO PvP... but on Siege BECAUSE of what PvP offers their gaming experience.

Crafters come to Siege because they actually have value and a place in our community. They enjoy being able to run shops that have higher traffic then luna on any other server. Some... actually enjoy the thrill a miner PK brings to them.

Thieves come to Siege because they haven't been beaten into extinction... and there isn't a single "thief" who is a real challenge in PvP fights because of how cramped their templates are.

RPers come to Siege because they have the ability to ACTUALLY become what they are Role Playing. We have Orcs, Savages, Pirates and so forth. If you go to an Orc Fort on Siege and run into one of these players... they are actually Role Playing, that character in the world... not like on other shards where people "stand around and talk about it" while watching other people walk up and kill their brethren... lol.

Monster and Treasure Hunters come to Siege, because obtaining items for use or resale is not only forever in demand... with PvP, you never know when added excitement will enter into your game play.

Just because player versus player combat is not everyones cup of tea, that does not mean everyone is so petrified of the freaking thing that they don't want anything at all to do with it.

That is your own misconception and a very false misconception many Trammie have been toting around for 8+ years now.

It's total crap.
Well the welcome to Siege commity is rather rough but other than that you dead on....

Here's what you don't get (or maybe it's me who doesn't understand it?)

A player, will willingly fight and die to a monster, get trash talked by that monster, be not allowed to return to that area because there are too many of that monster to fight, and hell, even get looted by that monster... !!!

But if another player does the EXACT SAME THING (ie-fills the role that monster otherwise would have) it's some how taboo in the Trammies mind.

Lets face facts. The real reason why players (Trammies) have a problem with other players interacting with them is because those people want to feel like winners. In this game, there are always haves and have nots... people who are winners and people who are losers. It's all about jealousy... and how they have and always were jealous of other players and their abilities... it's really hard to fathom how someone would hold jealousy towards an inanimate object, but towards a player? Of course... and thats why they cried to be allowed to play the game, get the items they needed to really pwn... and just go to yew gate with auto-renew insurance on and mindlessly PvP... I digress.

Consensual PvP is nothing but smoke and mirrors... covering up that very insecurity many players have. What they don't see is that there will always be haves and have nots... and there will always be someone who has stuff or is in every sense of it... better than them.
Your dead on in that also but the Have and Have Not classes need to be brought closer together on Prodo Shards, so that those that want to PvP can do so regardless of Financial status. The Have Not players can't afford to spend 1-3 years building a 500mil suit and be expected to remain in the game not doing what they enjoy.

S

Sip-n-Shine

To the OP. Do away with Champ Spawns, and put Powerscrolls on monsters of all types in Felucca. 20's of course would only fall as loot off of the higher ups. More players would come to Felucca to hunt for a chance at a PS. Pks/Reds etc; would then have their "meat" they so crave, but they would have to actually scout around and find their victims, instead of checking a web cam to see where they are. As it is, only a well organized guild has any shot at PS's, so give the reward that people want, for the risk that they take.
Woot-Woot! This guy knows what he's talking about!

I have my adventures in Fel, but there is a real key that GarthGrey is talking about that Players and Devs need to pay attention to.
This is a good idea an is a good way to try. I have one problem. Where is my fighting chance with big red guilds.

1. A chance to recall out.

2. Stat loss of some kind. If i win the fights i have some kind of chance to get out with the prize. Just wondering.

If i go an try for such daring prize. Give me a chance to keep it. Gank squad or not:gun:

C

Connor_Graham

Wrong again, but keep posting because I know you absolutely have to!!!

I've thrown no insults at you, but your feelings have been wounded by how absolutely right I am about this... good to know! I'll stop now, but I KNOW that you won't, because you can't. You can't stand being wrong... it eats at you.

SO, like I said; I'm tab dancing all over your post. In game, the outcome would be the exact same. Me, tab dancing on top of you... well, your corpse.

I'm just better than you. :lick:

You love my style!

Have a nice day :scholar:
*starts to reply*

*wonders which elementary school tab dancing originated from*

*realizes some people couldn't see the other side if it was tatoo'd all over a naked squad of Dallas Cowboy's Cheerleaders*

*forgets about replying and goes back to reality, slipping on some cookie crumbs on the way out*

:sleep2:

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What would get me to Felucca again? Nothing. *shrugs* Little bit time, gold, effort, and patience I get the same stuff in Tram.

K

kalzaketh

sorry, as anonfrequent visitor to the darker facet,I have avery strong pvp oriented friend, he only enjoys the nonconsentualportion of the game, he often is more than willing to avenge my poor miner lj's death I only am out of the gz if he's available to offer his reds protection his red is well known on napa valley shard, I won't use the char name but many will find they do know him

H

Harb

The rift between attitudes surrounding Tram/ Fel arguments, and all the many offshoots (PSs, pet nerfs, item insurance, etc), never end on this board. Neither side yields, nothing gets done. The real question is, should something be done with Fel and the Fel rules set? I separate the two for a reason.

Everyone who prefers Felucca play now; says no to rule set changes, but want further enticement and advantage to play there. Most who do not like Felucca play today; say no to enticement and advantage, unless there are changes to the rules set.

When UO was at its peak, the last “firm” numbers I saw on sub-server utilization rates were somewhere between around 90%/10% to 95%/5%, the vast majority preferring the Tram rule set. And those numbers included Asian shards, where faction play causes Fel numbers to greatly exceed those in the US. New lands with the Tram set have emerged, which may have made the percentages even more one sided for a bit, but decreases in subscriptions have probably increased the percentage of Fel play. Unless someone in a position of authority will speak to the actual numbers at this point, it’s really hard to say. As far as I can tell from a very unscientific perspective on these boards, as posters we probably split more along 60/40 lines, maybe 55/45. But anything Mythic does must focus on utilization rates. If, as a “die hard” yet biased subset of subscribers, we as posters can come up with some form of compromise that might work to everyone’s best interests, then, and only then, might Mythic move on some of these ideas. Frankly, I’ve never seen one iota of compromise.

In the meantime, Mythic can:
A) Do nothing regarding Fel. People who like it will play there, those who don’t - won’t. Back to the OPs point, he gets no added victims as nothing changes. Attempts to entice individual play have failed, regardless of what the individual may be doing, when faced with an aggressing character(s), geared for PvP combat and without any other entanglement, outcome is either recall or character death for most blues. Attempts to entice group play in champ zone zones failed, as predicted in advance there is a single viable outcome and it does not favor the engaged force.
B) Add Fel content without rule set changes. This reinforces failure if “large” in scope/ context. PSs are the primary example. A critical part of play, they are solidly controlled by a small subset of players on populated US shards, creating imbalance between subscribers either in character capability or in-game monetary worth. I mentioned two things earlier that may serve as enticements and would require no rule set changes, a “living” history that might lure larger groups; or thief additions that would lure individuals. I think the latter certainly may help the OP in his quest, and is on small enough scale without a “downside” that it could make a nice addition to play. Contrary to many posters, I do not favor the scrolls across the world idea, as it merely will lead to more reconnaissance of spawn and “ganks,” ending in frustration for many and causing further imbalance between players on opposing sides of this “void.” I also saw quests mentioned, but like scrolls, will lead to ambush and “glory” for disrupters and agony for the vanquished. In the end, it’s just more of the same, bringing us back to the failures referenced above.
C) Add Fel content and change the rules set. In this scenario, many things could work, depending on the significance of changes. But going back to the original premise of Fel players like Fel as is, except that the world is mostly abandoned. I’m all for empowering players to play as they desire, so my vote here is to leave it alone.
D) For PvP, i.e. within Fel, Mythic could penalize red characters and buff blue players. Note the anger this has generated in terms of responses already. Many argue that they have a red character, but as players, they are not “red.” Consequently, they should not be penalized for “red play.” Outlets exist for PvP play, factions and guild warfare. A character does not become red unless a player wants it to. Playing a red should carry no favor, and I am vehemently opposed to including “reds” in SA. But like many, I’d recommend leaving it at that. Maybe blue buffs would work, it would for me, but again outcry will be loud and continuous.

I’ve got to tell you, quite often when playing Tram; I wish I were in Fel. In Fel, often the opposite is true! It’s all based on how others behave and interact. For the life of me though, I really can’t envision a compromise that really, really works.

One key observation though:
Would you like me to point you in the direction of a "monster-hunting" script? As far as I can see, it auto targets / auto attacks / auto heals / auto loots. The simple fact that certain websites offer these scripts would suggest that scripting is just as prevalent in Trammel as in Felucca - so why do you stay in Trammel competing against the cheats?
In Tram, scripts are not focused on you, in Fel they are. Until 3d party program inputs, scripts and cheats can be detected and curtailed, the entire argument is mute.

D

D'Amavir

One key observation though:

In Tram, scripts are not focused on you, in Fel they are. Until 3d party program inputs, scripts and cheats can be detected and curtailed, the entire argument is mute.
Most resource farming scripts are actually used in Fel to take advantage of the double resources. Of course, this information comes from a large group of people that I know that use these types of scripts regularly but I am sure you will feel differently.

As for 'buffing' blues, that's a horrible idea. No benefit would come from that at all in regards to improving Fel. I don't say that to insult you or invalidate your opinion, just giving mine.

I think punishments should be placed on people that actually cheat at pvp. Those that use scripts for their pvp needs should suffer for that choice. Those that use speedhacks should suffer for that choice. Those that choose a legal and supported playstyle should not suffer for that choice, no more than blues should suffer for their choice, pvm'ers should suffer for their choice or crafters should suffer for their choice.

M

Moonstar

what does fel have that Tram doesn't? besides people being able to attack you (which for me isn't a good thing)

Fellucans have a history of making Trammies feel unwelcome.
I think the first change that would need to be made.. Is the attitude of those people.
Then maybe something worth going there for.

I remember way back in the day going to fel to tame mares.. i believe it was in terathon Keep. I didn't know any other place to tame them at that time So that was a good reason for me to go to Fel. The reds there that attacked me as they claimed their territory instead of letting me have a turn to get one.. Well They were a good reason Not to go taming there anymore.

If something interesting was available only to fel, AND the fellucans didn't feel the need to attack every blue they didn't know.. then maybe they might get more visitors.. ( yes i know there are 2 or 3 fellucans that don't do that.. but i'm talking about the majority )
Powerscrolls are not good enough since i imagine there would be people there to claim their territory and hog all the glory

it seems the only reason they want new visitors is so they can attack them.. so that's not really going to happen.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

?
Huh???

A

Arch Magus

How can it be the "endgame" when we started there? Felucca is a late stage of beta, Trammel is the finished product.
Maybe you started there 10 years ago. I've only played 4 years.

It took a while to acquire the skill and guts to play there, and I've never looked back.
I believe Felucca is where the people go that are interested in a more intense UO, where you can challenge your peers.

Some people like to be competitive.

But that's just my opinion.

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"What "reward" would make player come to hunt in felucca (risk of being killed by PK) instead of staying in trammel and not to have to worry about possible player killers. So this risk=reward thing would work..."

Truly unique/one of a kind items?

I'd really love random quest gates spawning anywhere ingame (but starting in Fel would be fine), first one in gets X amount of time to complete the quest given in order to receive a truly unique item, say with his/her char name inscribed on the item.

Mod-free unique items such as rare colored/designed clothing/footwear/house decor/unique plants would be fine so long as there was ever only ONE of the item ingame.

If first player in quest gate doesn't complete the quest in the time alotted he/she is kicked out and the quest gate opens to a new random location the next day, etc.

It would be nice if the quest required us to use some brainpower (easy UO trivia questions or UO related puzzle solving, etc).

I'd be tempted to hunt for extremely rare tameable pets like Silver Steeds in Fel. Even news that one would spawn per month, or every 90 days even, in Fel would get me there every day looking for it.

But then I am playing Wow right now.

:}

ake

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i play felly 99% of my time, im not a great pvper i dislike 1vs1 but i put my effort to keep together players, on europa we champ all the days new player r welcome and they can earn money from the PS we sold as guild (they don't become rich but they always get something) and i can say after some years we still doing a nice work.

now i remember the 99 when i was just a nub and my goal was raise skills sparring with my guidm8 and farm gold... LL room 2k in the pack and recall out fast as possible... i rembember the gray stealing my loot... and ofc the bad pks pown me everytime...

but was a challange! an amazing challange!

now the game is item based is stupid look back like some ppl do with the hope to remove the insurance.

do you remember the first day of the new arty in the anti-virtue dungeon? i don't know how many blues and reds i fight like the old days! so ppl need just a reward to risk...

imo would be nice give to the playes a way to do some new task in felly... no need to think about new items.... just use what we have now...

an exemple... we have caves all around sosaria... some cities have a mining guild... in these cities u can build up an expetion a little group of npc with their stuff start from the city to a location, the NPCs digs and u protect them when the carovan is full or u r bored u bring them back to the city and u got the reward.

think something like that about every resorces we have in game... and the cities... [minoc very good for ore, Yew for logs, magincia reagent/potions bla bla bla] is the best way (imo) to bring ppl to play TOGETHER! we don't need peerless solo-farmer to make this game better...

let the players fight for the realm, faction r very good for that (just remouve the useless skill loss) faction r armies they need food/wepons/resorces/soldier bla bla bla we have alot of useless spot around the world give them a real reason to be there.

ofc all that MUST BE ONLY AVAIBLE ON FELUCCA! coz risk = reward.

i apologize for my english but i hope some of you get my point of view and my personal idea.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You started out trying to sound all nice and sincere, then add this to your post.

And you expect anyone to fall for what came before this "P.S."?

I hope the ghost town feel of the facet suits you, because it's not going to change any time soon with those types of attitudes.

Ehhh WTF... ? It wasn't even meant to offend anyone. Chill, have a beer or something. Can't take people by the hand either if they are so touchy! :eek:

C

Connor_Graham

Ehhh WTF... ? It wasn't even meant to offend anyone. Chill, have a beer or something. Can't take people by the hand either if they are so touchy! :eek:
Talking down to the largest group of players in UO as if you're only a "Big Boy or Girl" if you PvP isn't the way to go about enticing that group to give PvP a try, it only serves to reinforce the bad image they already have about Fel and the people that prefer it.

What you and most of the others in this thread are not getting is that the Tram PvM'rs & Crafters are perfectly happy on their side of the moongate, and could go years without stepping foot in Fel and not think twice about it or feel they missed out on anything. If you want to change that mindset you're going to have to go about it in a way that doesn't sound like you or anyone else in Fel is any better than a player in Tram.

Oh, I'm always chill, and I don't drink. Bad side effects with the meds. Ugh...

Z

zeroshade

I've said this before, We need cross shard arena type combat. Enter an arena designed for 1v1 2v2 4v4 or whatever. You could have different types of combat like close quarters or large island combat stuff.