• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What would get You to Felucca?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But it's people like you who are opposed to Felucca because of player killing that must be convinced to go there. Input from players like you is necessary to helping find a way and giving a strong sounding board all we can ask is for one to be objective.
The trouble for me (and people like me if I'm not unique in my attitude) is this: I don't play for the rush, the adrenaline, anxiety or hunter's instinct. I play to relax, for the comfort, the sense of community, the knowledge that I can go out and do something and know that I am going to get a reward (even if it's just a few gold), that nice things can happen (various lottery-type mechanics) or that I can pretend to be a minor hero (I take very few risks in-game, even when there's nothing to lose by dying).

There's nothing in the reasons I log in that makes me want to participate in the wild side. Oh, I've played the occasional sport in my life, but just I don't like being in that state of mind where I win by someone else losing, even when its just a game. I'll certainly try to offer constructive feedback when I can, but I think that asking for my input may sometimes do more harm than good.

M

Moonstar

1) Make thinsg walk through.. I absolutely hate bumping into things and having creatures being able to corner me and me having no way to escape past them.

There is no reason for me to hunt anything in fel because i can do it in tram w/othe hassle or danger.

2) murders. If i'm killed.. all i can do is click the thingy to report this person as a murderer.. in most cases they are already red.. what do they care?

There needs to be something to make these blood thirsty jerks think twice about ganking someone just because they're there.

3) PVP should restricted only to factions.
want to kill someone ? join a faction and find opposing faction members to dice up.

Last 3 times i went to fel

i was dumb enough to use a binding bracelet to a supposed new vendor mall, and it ended up being a underground room i couldnt get out of and a Red and his Cusidhe. i managed to kill him once, but i died 2 or 3 times. ( used the gift of life to rez the first time.)

other foolish thing was me recalling to a supposed Fel vendor. I was in the mood to shop. This time, I put up gift of life, and got of my bonded cu sidhe and gated there. When i arrived at the other side of the gate, there were a few reds around me and i was surrounded by ore piles so i was trapped.. luckily my cu being over me was making it hard for them to target me and i got back through the gate safely.

and the last time was me trying to mark some fel human to elf runes for someone who requested them .. he had found someone else to take him to the spots and that person was a red , i ended up at one of the spots they were at and i was attacked. got away unharmed but still.. I recall to a place and instantly i'm under attack. Who wants that?

To get me to play in Fel that crap needs to not happen.

The only reason Fel players want trammies to visit is so they have more people to kill, they must have gotten bored fighting people who can actually fight back and have equal armor and arties.. so they want people who arent as well equipped, People who aren't used to having to defend against another player, people who won't see it coming.

T

Traveller

To the OP. Do away with Champ Spawns, and put Powerscrolls on monsters of all types in Felucca. 20's of course would only fall as loot off of the higher ups. More players would come to Felucca to hunt for a chance at a PS. Pks/Reds etc; would then have their "meat" they so crave, but they would have to actually scout around and find their victims, instead of checking a web cam to see where they are. As it is, only a well organized guild has any shot at PS's, so give the reward that people want, for the risk that they take.
/seconded

This is actually an old idea (I remember proposing a slight variation of it more than one year ago), but always good. Some details might have to be worked out (for instance champ spawns might STILL be there for those who are actually LOOKING for a fight, since they give more than one scroll as an added reward).

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
seriously, just answer the ****ing question. what would make you go to fel. who cares if he was looking for a miner. outside of yew/ despise? he could have said looking for a player / not a sewer rat. would have been the same.

H

Heartseeker

To the OP. Do away with Champ Spawns, and put Powerscrolls on monsters of all types in Felucca. 20's of course would only fall as loot off of the higher ups. More players would come to Felucca to hunt for a chance at a PS. Pks/Reds etc; would then have their "meat" they so crave, but they would have to actually scout around and find their victims, instead of checking a web cam to see where they are. As it is, only a well organized guild has any shot at PS's, so give the reward that people want, for the risk that they take.
This is the best idea and post I have read in a long time.

THIS WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA TO BRING PEOPLE TO FELL.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love this idea! I'd suggest make a separate thread with this idea. My only question, then, would be what about stat scrolls and would we simply revert all the dungeons back to the way they were before?

Maybe stat scrolls could spawn very rarely on like ancient dragons and balrons? T-hunters?

However, the problem I see with this, are scripters. I know there is almost always a scripter sitting in the Ice Dungeon killing Ice Fiends on my shard.
It's an excellent idea... I'd love to see the old dungeons returned to how they were, and perhaps improved. Then I guess the stat scrolls would be a rare drop, either on ballies or other high end critters or we get a few new boss type monsters spawning by themselves in various dungeons. Perhaps even randomly spawning.

Alternatively, restricting champ spawns to T2A only but giving them a total overhaul. Those champs could still spawn scrolls, but they'd also be rare drops on other mobs in the normal dungeons. Then folks can do champs for a guaranteed drop or hunt their favourite spots for a chance at a rare drop scroll. Something like that ;)

Wenchy

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing would get me to go to Felucca. No feature will be able to force me to hunt in an area that is crammed with smack-talking dorks and cheaters. Not even powerscrolls.

S

Splup

for starters, 500 trillion in gold, your first born and your left leg. That will get me to consider going there. your "random blue" turning into a miner shut me down completely.
So miners should be able to get 2x resources without risk?

Ok this was first time in like 9 years I went to Look for miner, but I was on a mission to find one random and thought that's a good chance.

And btw. usually miners who are playing attended (read: not macroing) escape PK:s 100% sure. They have protection on so they just click recall and nothing can stop them. Atleast that's what I do with my miner.

That powerscroll idea sounds great. Cause like someone mentioned, making a champ spawn atm. is almost impossible for a guild which is not used to PvP. Maybe at morning/night in Deceit/T2A in small shards. But I'd like to see old powerscroll spawns kept also, cause making despice/destard to lvl 3-4 is the best way to get some quality PvP atm.

S

Splup

Nothing would get me to go to Felucca. No feature will be able to force me to hunt in an area that is crammed with smack-talking dorks and cheaters. Not even powerscrolls.
This is something I don't get... Atleast on europa it's VERY few people that trashtalk... I mean I know like less then 5 active PvP players that activily trashtalk. Maybe the situation is different on bigger shards then.

E

Eslake

I know the OP asked for those who DON'T spend time in Fel already, but IMO it would take a pretty limited intelligence not to know the answer to the question. ;)

An In-Fel Opt-out for PvP.

There IS no other answer that will apply to more than a few.

Since Ren, the differences have been tweaked this way and that, pushthrough added, removed, added again, resources doubled, statloss revamped removed again, and on and on.

In all of that time, nothing has ever caused a shift in the overwhelming majority of players staying firmly in Trammel.

Why?
Because the one thing that has never changed, is the one thing that would have to change to get most of them to go there at all. The ability to be there and still chose not to PvP.

E

Evilminion

What would get me to Felucca? Some sort of compelling event or quest content not available on other facets, with rewards tantalizing enough to be worth the risk.

Am I going over there just to hunt for powerscrolls? Heck, no, I can buy those in Luna with money earned in Trammel. And the double-resource carrot isn't much of a temptation for us non-crafters, heh.

But if there was some kind of spiffy quest or event running only on Fel, that would for instance get me a piece of rare, account- or character-bound deco or clothing, I'd armor up as best I could and make the attempt.

Your mileage may vary, but that's my "price". :D

C

Connor_Graham

And btw. usually miners who are playing attended (read: not macroing) escape PK:s 100% sure. They have protection on so they just click recall and nothing can stop them. Atleast that's what I do with my miner.
Mine also.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Players choose trammel because they don't want to be griefed. A pk is a pk, they will gladly kill anyone they can find. Some leave players alone who arn't interested or not a challange (Newbie hunting earth eles in shame, or a miner lets say). Others make it feel like it is thier job to make it as hard as possible for others to be able to do what they want to do.

If there was more drawbacks to being a red player, sure the player base wouldn't react so negativly to all these threads. But as it is now there is no drawback at all to being a murderer. You kill and suffer nothing. You have healers at every moongate now to make it 'easier'.

People take the risk vs reward for lets say mining, lumberjacking, champ spawning in felluca. They take the risk of dying, losing thier resources, losing thier power scrolls. The murders risk is only death itself, which is a few seconds away & almost no loss except a few k in insurance, and potions or whatever.

Maybe if players knew the murderer side of felluca has thier own risk, they wouldn't have a problem increasing thier risk in the felluca rule set, getting friends together to defend themselves, etc.

But when the felluca facet can run free, do almost anything they want with not a care in the world, why would these "trammies" come to a felluca ruleset for anything more?

There is a lot more landmass available in todays uo then there once was, lets see, what, like 4 more facets? A felluca ruleset applied to each facet, along with drawbacks to playing/living the life of a murderer in game could work. But with the current, nah.

T

trammelite

quote:
I decided I will find a random blue at a random spot (basically not despice/yew) and take his life

thats exactly what keeps people out of fel.
so if you want to have more people IN fel, change your attitude to something like:
I decided I will find a random blue at a random spot (basically not despice/yew) and PROTECT his life

should be more fun than running around meeting nobody and might give you a chance to find friendship or fight others looking for blues to kill.

BTW, i got the feeling that more blues were in fel during the spring cleaning and other events with accelerated drops of goodies in fel

A

Arch Magus

Geez Hawkeye, I can't believe the prejudice coming from you.
I'm just a lone murderer that rolls by himself, looking for a good fight. I love it when I win, I've never cheated or smack talked. I happen to enjoy ressing the dead and having a chat or go hunting with them for a bit, whatever the mood is.

But you have it burned into your head that we are ALL smack talking cheaters? Granted they do exist, although I rarely see that many.

I'm seriously very sad at that point of view =(.

PVP is very fun and I wish I could change your mind.

A

Arch Magus

Players choose trammel because they don't want to be griefed. A pk is a pk, they will gladly kill anyone they can find. Some leave players alone who arn't interested or not a challange (Newbie hunting earth eles in shame, or a miner lets say). Others make it feel like it is thier job to make it as hard as possible for others to be able to do what they want to do.

If there was more drawbacks to being a red player, sure the player base wouldn't react so negativly to all these threads. But as it is now there is no drawback at all to being a murderer. You kill and suffer nothing. You have healers at every moongate now to make it 'easier'.

People take the risk vs reward for lets say mining, lumberjacking, champ spawning in felluca. They take the risk of dying, losing thier resources, losing thier power scrolls. The murders risk is only death itself, which is a few seconds away & almost no loss except a few k in insurance, and potions or whatever.

Maybe if players knew the murderer side of felluca has thier own risk, they wouldn't have a problem increasing thier risk in the felluca rule set, getting friends together to defend themselves, etc.

But when the felluca facet can run free, do almost anything they want with not a care in the world, why would these "trammies" come to a felluca ruleset for anything more?

There is a lot more landmass available in todays uo then there once was, lets see, what, like 4 more facets? A felluca ruleset applied to each facet, along with drawbacks to playing/living the life of a murderer in game could work. But with the current, nah.
Murderers risk the EXACT SAME THING. Insurance, pots, resources, w/e. You don't think any Reds hunt? I do, and so do others.

Why do you people act like Murderers are some kind of God-mode entity that no one can ever defeat, and are even afraid to try and defeat? Reds die just like the rest of you. Not everyone has a godsuit. Mine is ok, but it took 4 years to put it together.

Felucca is endgame. Felucca is fun. I love it and I run solo.
Probably only 10% of Felucca consists of the asses you make us out to be, and you only get that opinion most likely from standing at Yew gate =/.

C

CatLord

Greetings...

Without powerscrolls players are limited to 83% of the avaliable skill... so getting power scrolls is a must... since the game does not discriminate and the monsters require high skill to bard, etc...

Most Fell guilds CHEAT to control the spawns... and their economy is based on selling those powerscrolls.

A guildmate can spawn and get his newly aquired powerscrolls instantly sold to the guild... and anyone can make 2-6 mil per night for about 2 hours of play...

Now a trammel hunter can also do peerless, gauntlet... but getting 2-6 mil per 2 hours... I dont think that is an easy task.

I live in Felluca and have watched it since 97... it started vibrant... now i call it the "dead lands"... where speedhacking, scripting wolfpacks control the shards economy... and then use that gold and sell it for 0,85 or 0,75 (cats, atlantic, cheas)

Do we have the right to touch someones pocket?
The devs think we do.

So I say... destroy those guilds economic structure...
- create spawning areas somewhere else, risk or no risk...

It is time that the MAJORITY of the players have acess to something that only a FEW have now... i think we all pay the same, dont we?

For those that play Felluca fair and square... you guys/gals ROCK!

C

Connor_Graham

Geez Hawkeye, I can't believe the prejudice coming from you.

But you have it burned into your head that we are ALL smack talking cheaters? Granted they do exist, although I rarely see that many.

That point of view is usually obtained from the first trip to Fel. That's all it normally takes. No, not everyone is one of these smack talking 12 yr olds, but the ones that are ruin Fel's image all by themselves.

Maybe the first thing that would have to happen is for the PvP'rs themselves to start cleaning house. Gank the gankers so to speak. Put em on the noon train out of Dodge.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Murderers risk the EXACT SAME THING. Insurance, pots, resources, w/e. You don't think any Reds hunt? I do, and so do others.

Why do you people act like Murderers are some kind of God-mode entity that no one can ever defeat, and are even afraid to try and defeat? Reds die just like the rest of you. Not everyone has a godsuit. Mine is ok, but it took 4 years to put it together.

Felucca is endgame. Felucca is fun. I love it and I run solo.
Probably only 10% of Felucca consists of the asses you make us out to be, and you only get that opinion most likely from standing at Yew gate =/.
I have over 12 red characters, don't sit there and try to act like I don't have one. I'm one of the people who kill everyone I can, except once I find out they arn't a pvper, I don't waste my time since I only seek challanges in this game.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread is meant to people who don't go to felucca on regular basis.

I was running around looking for miners at differend mountains for like 45 mins but didnt find any. Then I went to shame, ran throught, no one... Same with Covetous, Destard, Deceit and Deamon temple... So I had been running for all night and didnt find anyone in Felucca (Europa shard)... So I gave up.
I know this is meant more towards felucca newbies, but you got me thinking.

Miner Template....
120 magery
120 eval
120 Tailor
120 Smithy
100 Armslore
100 Inscription
40 Med

I loved people like you when playing this old mage (sleeper) template. *smiles*

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thing that keeps most of my friends from Felucca is the attitudes of the residents.

They would sooner kill you and laugh in your face than actually help you to become what they uniformly claim that they want, a challenge.

Yes, there are exceptions to that rule, and quite a lot of them at that. But those aren't the people that the casual player first meets when they come to Fel. So the thing that the player base can do to help the population grow is actively recruit newer players and teach them the basics of survival. There are very few groups which go so far as to do that.

As far as the design of the game goes, the only thing that can help the population of Felucca is to enforce the rules that they claim has an effect there, such as the cheats that run so rampant.

S

Splup

This attitude against felucca players is really suprising me...

Atleast our guild has taken many players who has had no idea about PvP under our wings. We make them PvP suits and teach them the basics of PvP, after that they learn while playing with us.

About griefing and cheating etc... I'v never been scammed in felucca, but once in trammel. Well, he took my whole account and deleted my chars. It was mostly cause of my own stupidity (It was 8 years ago, I was pretty young back then...) Still I'm not saying here that all trammel players are scammers? I'm here hoping that you would come and try felucca and play with us. For the one who now thinks "you want us to come to get killed": Of course I'm gonna try ;) But I also will also give you tips and help you if you ask for help. If I notice you have no idea what ur doing I will offer my help. There's one guild on Europa that's focused on protecting blue players, and they don't accept red players to their guild. It's one of the largest guilds on shard. I hope there's that kinda guilds on other shards too. Those guilds are doing important job I think.

Actually most of items ppl drop due to forgetting to insurance/insurance bug etc. ppl return back to players. I'v dropped my sleeves and one weapon, got both back. My guildmate dropped whole suit, he got everything else back but one weapon. Our guild has returned atleast 4 suits. Well this could be cause we have a small shard and small PvP community. But of course, there's so called bad eggs in community also but they are minority. I don't know what's the situation e.x on Atlantic.

We are players just like the rest of you. We'r not all cheaters and trashtalkers. Because of something small group does, there' no need to blame all of us.

I know getting into PvP can be a real challenge. Iv been thinking about writing a guide how to get started, maybe I get it rdy some day. I'v just been rly busy lately... But even writing that guide doesnt solve the problem that it can be expensive, depending on what kinda of character you want to play. There still are few pretty effective builds that are not that expensive to make.

I once made a thread about making Faction suits. When one joins faction, he would get faction suit of his own choice. There would be different kind of suits for different temps to choose from. Suit would be an OK PvP suit, not "uber". So you would still be able to create your own tweaked suit. Suit would work like these sets, you need to wear whole set to get the suit working. Also you could use the suit only on the faction char and only in felucca. Only in felucca so ppl don't go get faction suit just so they can get a nice PvM suit to trammel.

Uhm... This thread is getting rly long and I'm derailing my own thread... So I quess it's better to quit writing now and just pysh the submit button :)

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm skipping the majority of the thread, because frankly it doesn't matter to me.

But here's what would make me play in fel on a regular basis:
Make Thieves a viable class to play again!

Beyond the thrill of playing a thief, fel really has no lure for me. I don't PvP, and I rarely do champ spawns (unless I'm with my guild). Even when I when I had a thief, I didn't PvP. I would steal and run, hoping not to get killed in the middle of my getaway. But since item insurance, it's just really not worth wasting a character on.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Larger shards are often tough on new people getting into PvP. You will find many an ego and many a poop talker there. As the previous poster mentioned, it's difficult for players new to felucca to grow thier PvP roots without the help of guilds open to new fel players.

unskilled comes to mind...but I will settle for calling noobs *differently abled*

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Splup: Everything you just said in your last post is absolutely true.

However, it's the perception which gets in the way of the recruiting effort. You can see the Feluccans fueling that perception even in this thread by accusing the other people of cheating, whether or not it's true. The best that you can do is to continue with your recruiting efforts and teach people who or what to avoid.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The idea about scrolls dropping on monsters would work like a charm for both sides.

Some of course are hardcore Trammel players, understandable. I believe that's because of past discrepancies and bitter memories, with a little bit of hurt Ego's(maybe through trash-talking or trusting the wrong persons) in the mix. Or just ignorance and refusal because of what goes around regarding PvPers being the trash of society.

On the cheats thing, I only blame the idiots among our play-style but Trammel players also cheat. It's called duping and bot farming! And hurts the game as much.

My guild also follows the same policy as Splup's. I've personally given out a lot of arties and Runic Crafted items, the latter easily up to 50Mil value at the time of donation. We're not evil incarnate nor are we a bunch of *******s in real life. We just love challenge, safe play(that means insurance, with which we help our members too) and competing against thinking players instead of AI bots without restriction.

And that's all IMHO.

PS. : Honestly, if you don't wanna come play with the big boys and girls then by all means don't. Enjoy your sand-box environment, good luck!

C

Connor_Graham

PS. : Honestly, if you don't wanna come play with the big boys and girls
You started out trying to sound all nice and sincere, then add this to your post.

And you expect anyone to fall for what came before this "P.S."?

Just because you prefer PvP over PvM doesn't mean you're any better than anyone else, or that anyone's choice of playstyle makes them any less of a person. People all have different reasons for playing this game. Just because they're not the same reasons as you might have doesn't make them weak, afraid, or anything else other than someone that doesn't share your reason.

Ya know, you people want others to come to Fel and learn how to PvP, but you can't even stop the BS long enough to ask nicely.

I hope the ghost town feel of the facet suits you, because it's not going to change any time soon with those types of attitudes.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The idea about scrolls dropping on monsters would work like a charm for both sides.

Some of course are hardcore Trammel players, understandable. I believe that's because of past discrepancies and bitter memories, with a little bit of hurt Ego's(maybe through trash-talking or trusting the wrong persons) in the mix. Or just ignorance and refusal because of what goes around regarding PvPers being the trash of society.

On the cheats thing, I only blame the idiots among our play-style but Trammel players also cheat. It's called duping and bot farming! And hurts the game as much.

My guild also follows the same policy as Splup's. I've personally given out a lot of arties and Runic Crafted items, the latter easily up to 50Mil value at the time of donation. We're not evil incarnate nor are we a bunch of *******s in real life. We just love challenge, safe play(that means insurance, with which we help our members too) and competing against thinking players instead of AI bots without restriction.

And that's all IMHO.

PS. : Honestly, if you don't wanna come play with the big boys and girls then by all means don't. Enjoy your sand-box environment, good luck!
agreed on everything for the most part, except for the scrolls. many of those whom champhunt make thier money selling powerscrolls. you in essence cut off that source of income for alot of the fel based community if you allow people to get scrolls off of monsters in trammel. at the most I would say if this ever did come to fruition to make these scrolls no higher than 105 or 110. No 15's or 20s though. If you want those either come to fel or else pay the prices asked.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets face it, that is not a factor. People in Trammel can and often do act worse than people you meet in feluca, and it is not just feluca players going to trammel.

Trammel has its own population of trash-talkers, scammers, and cheaters.
QFT that is the main reason I will not hunt In the tram rulesets. Too many whiners and smacktalkers. I dont feel the need to explain to people that Paging on me is a waste of time a spawn is not theirs even if they were there first and that a GM will do nothing.

One thing they should do is Remove all the champ spawns from fel dungeons, leave them all in the lost lands. The best parts of some dungeons like despise were ruined with champ spawns.

2nd they need to take action against the speedhackers and scripters.

3rd they need to revert weapons/armor/Resisting spells to pre AOS.

These 3 will bring people back to UO not just Fel. On a side note I only play in fel rulesets.

I wouldnt mind seeing all 105-110 powerscrolls spawn in tram rulesets like the ish spawns, and all 115-120 spawn in fel spawns.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You started out trying to sound all nice and sincere, then add this to your post.

And you expect anyone to fall for what came before this "P.S."?

Just because you prefer PvP over PvM doesn't mean you're any better than anyone else, or that anyone's choice of playstyle makes them any less of a person. People all have different reasons for playing this game. Just because they're not the same reasons as you might have doesn't make them weak, afraid, or anything else other than someone that doesn't share your reason.

Ya know, you people want others to come to Fel and learn how to PvP, but you can't even stop the BS long enough to ask nicely.

I hope the ghost town feel of the facet suits you, because it's not going to change any time soon with those types of attitudes.
Heh...I dont think the answer can be found in "asking nicely." If I am on a red and I see a fresh face in fel my idea of "welcome to fel." usually involves trying to make you see gray the minute you leave GZ. Thats real roleplaying!

Perhaps that makes me an ass and maybe others will yell foul...but lets not forget what initiation is all about. Its why you either love or hate fel. Those who love it know the joy of the adrenaline of either fighting or running away. Those who hate it dont come back for fear of seeing gray again.

Y

Yalp

This thread is meant to people who don't go to felucca on regular basis.

I usually hang out PvP:in in the regular PvP spots, but today I decided to go on a mission. I decided I will find a random blue at a random spot (basically not despice/yew) and take his life (and rez afterwards like I often do). I just wanted to get the same feeling as back in the days when a murderer could make a living by hunting hunters...

I was running around looking for miners at differend mountains for like 45 mins but didnt find any. Then I went to shame, ran throught, no one... Same with Covetous, Destard, Deceit and Deamon temple... So I had been running for all night and didnt find anyone in Felucca (Europa shard)... So I gave up.

What would get you to hunt in Felucca?

I'v been thinking, they could add 1200 luck to players when they are in Felucca. Luck would not stack with the luck on your suit. So people could come and hunt in felucca with temps that usually cant get luck to their PvM suits. This would also make them able to defend themselves against attacking player. Fighting PvP in Luck suit is kinda suicide...
I think you just answered your own question.. First off you got bored with the same ol at the yew moongate.. then the very first thing you did was go out looking for MINERS * clearly not looking for a fair fight.. rather a cheap kill *

(If you can't see where this would put people off from coming to fel... )

Then when you couldn't find any miners or other defenseless peeps to kill .. you turned to hunting down peeps who were obviously not interested in pvp'ing, hunting the various caves..

(If you can't see where this would put people off from coming to fel...)

so.. you wanna know what would bring peeps to fel? Actual, true consensual pvp... every where in fel. If people could choose not to engage in pvp when they are not on a template to do so, or have the time to do so, or are not on a quest, or are not attending an event... or if their opponent is not running hacks and cheat programs... then you will find more people purposefully engaging in pvp.

Until more gankers, cheaters and hackers take a good hard look in the mirror at their behavior, and make the necessary changes (either on their own or via changes to the game code) fel will remain the empty dying land it is.

A

Azureal

+1

Time and again Fel players shoot themselves in the foot, and have no idea what theyre doing. When it eventually gets to the stage were EA wont fund a double set of facets, which do you think will get closed down first?

And when the 11 people (collectively) that play on that facet quit, you think anyone will really care?

Think about it.

Ill agree with the powerscroll/stat scroll idea. That would get me to Fel.

C

Connor_Graham

Those who hate it dont come back for fear of seeing gray again.
Why is it that every PvP'r thinks that every PvM'r that won't go to Fel to PvP is afraid of something?

Let me let you in on something.

We're no more afraid of dying, or anything else in this game, then you are.

Actions speak louder than words, and the absence of sound (in this case the sound of PvP) can be deafening. Maybe you should think about this so called "initiation" and what kind of message it gives to a person that's new to Fel, that wasn't even given a chance to get his/her feet wet.

Personally, I don't care if no one new goes to Fel, ever. It seems that a lot of the PvP'rs do want this, and since it's "you guys" that want it, maybe it's "you guys" that should do the changing and not the people you're trying to convince to go there.

Meanwhile, I'll continue going to Fel on my crafter, and happily gather double ore and wood to my heart's content and not worry about PvP at all. :lick:

R

Remy_of_GOR

Meanwhile, I'll continue going to Fel on my crafter, and happily gather double ore and wood to my heart's content and not worry about PvP at all. :lick:
so every time you talk about a feluccan that gets all the reward for none of the risk, you are actually talking about yourself.

C

Connor_Graham

so every time you talk about a feluccan that gets all the reward for none of the risk, you are actually talking about yourself.
Firstly, I'm not a Feluccan. I'm a Tokuno resident, so I guess that would make me a Tokunian or Tokunoite. Something along those lines. I guess Trammy would work too. :lick:

Secondly, the only "people" that I talk about reward with no risk are the leg humping thieves, who may or may not reside in Fel.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Geez Hawkeye, I can't believe the prejudice coming from you. I'm just a lone murderer that rolls by himself, looking for a good fight. I love it when I win, I've never cheated or smack talked. I happen to enjoy ressing the dead and having a chat or go hunting with them for a bit, whatever the mood is.

PVP is very fun and I wish I could change your mind.
Magus, it is not a prejudice. I do not phantasize about the playing conditions in Felucca. I've been there often enough myself. Apart from very few exceptions, the experience was similar. Maybe you're one of those exceptions. But believe me, most aren't. PvP IS fun, I love it, and some years ago I enjoyed being in Felucca (even had my house there). I actually liked the thrill of having to beware of thieves and murderers.

But times have really changed. I have tried Felucca many times, with no prejudice, cause I am open-minded. In 9 out of 10 cases, people talked in a way that I consider close to harrassment, used speed hacks to escape when the situation was tight, using guard-zone tricks to get you guard-killed, calling you "loser", "lamer", "I pwn u" and stuff like that. PvP guilds control the Champ Spawns by using ghost cams.
Now, where's the fun in that???
You do not even have the chance to loot your victim, so there isn't even a reward for winning.

Believe me, I am neither touchy nor do I give much about such people in UO. But when I have the choice, I will chose not to meet such people in a game I am playing for FUN.

That is my point.

P.S.: Get rid of Felucca, move Power Scroll spawns to Trammel, and you will only have a handful of people regretting the loss of this facet. That speaks for itself, doesn't it?

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why is it that every PvP'r thinks that every PvM'r that won't go to Fel to PvP is afraid of something?

Let me let you in on something.

We're no more afraid of dying, or anything else in this game, then you are.
PvMing was the playstyle of choice anytime I returned to this game from long absence. From my experience the PvP aspect was love it or hate it based much on the ability to like the *kill or be kill* aspect...thats all I was trying to convey. By no means does this include everybody obviously.

Actions speak louder than words, and the absence of sound (in this case the sound of PvP) can be deafening. Maybe you should think about this so called "initiation" and what kind of message it gives to a person that's new to Fel, that wasn't even given a chance to get his/her feet wet.
You are kidding right? The two key things you arent mentioning are that I was red and killing the noob was roleplaying to me on the red. (gee...a murderer killing people...interesting concept!) Perhaps I also wanted to extend the original spirit of the game, not to grief so much but moreso to pay homage to the spirit of UO. (fyi...I am all for helping new people into PVP...so lets not get started there...over 250 million in donations to this cause and counting...seriously) The idea is once again to spark that rush in the new fel player....and either they like it or dont once they get over seeing gray. I get the impression you have something against red roleplayers?

Personally, I don't care if no one new goes to Fel, ever. It seems that a lot of the PvP'rs do want this, and since it's "you guys" that want it, maybe it's "you guys" that should do the changing and not the people you're trying to convince to go there.
I dont care if you ever go to felucca either. However if you DID actually want to learn I would not only set you up with good gear but would take the time to get your started with a proper template based on what you wanted to play. What you fail to realize Connor is that MANY of the Fel members are just like me. Willing to do what they can to help newcomers.

Good...for....you.

S

ShadowJack

Firstly, I'm not a Feluccan. I'm a Tokuno resident, so I guess that would make me a Tokunian or Tokunoite. Something along those lines. I guess Trammy would work too. :lick:

Secondly, the only "people" that I talk about reward with no risk are the leg humping thieves, who may or may not reside in Fel.
once again since you don't know how to read

Leg humping thieves is offensive

thieves aren't going to have the same gameplay dynamics with the new items and new skills

and if you aren't even fellucian, then what do you care about insurance in fel?

and if you keep calling me a leg humper, I'm going to refer to you as a something else humper or a gimp trammel carebear

stop being so offensive and defensive and stop attacking a profession because some people abused it

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
leg humping thieves
It's funny, I see this term used quite frequently here. Care to provide some backup to this assertion? I'd like to see a screen shot of some of these supposed "leg humpers" you speak of. You say you play in Trammel, how exactly does a thief hump your leg there since there is no stealing?

Care to share?...la

C

Connor_Graham

Leg humping thieves is offensive

and if you keep calling me a leg humper, I'm going to refer to you as a something else humper or a gimp trammel carebear
I didn't call you a leg humper. I merely said "leg humping thieves", which is a common term used for the most abused thieving method, and is used by just about everyone when referring to that time in UO's past.

Funny you'd see it that way though. Guilty conscience maybe? :hahaha:

D

dielock

Not your attitude. Reason I left Fel so many years ago were cowards like you who only went after crafters and called it PVP. HAHAHA what a joke your kind is.

C

CatLord

I have to agree with Hawkeye Pike...

Since the devs arent fixing speedhacking, cheating and allowing a few to control the powerscroll market and then reverting UO gold into $...
( funny detail... a guild is coming to cats to learn about who is selling 1mil gold for 0,75... that guild sells for 0,85 and it is losing their profit margins... how funny is this? )

A possible option would be ilsh and Tokuno spawns giving powerscrolls or the above idea... which rocks.

For those that lack this info, this is the basic fel guild structure:
- spawn on a quiet shard...
- have powerscroll instant payouts...
- gm or veterans have vendors on active shards...
- everytime they feel worth it, shard transfer and fill the vendors...
(repeat)

and this is the basic fel guild structure with a twist:
- control and lock down the shard, using stealth cams, bots, cheats and speed hacks... ( in a few cases, having guild programmers that run uo for (less and less) profit... )
- have luna vendors and a way to instantly advertize all they sell...
- online pages where they sell their dupes (arties, runics, etc)
- you can pay with paypal and they can get you up to a zilion gold...

And then folk ask why the newcomers feel they cant ever cross the gap that would make things even...

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think they should do away with champs, since they are an established group activity with known categories of rewards, but allowing scrolls and other goodies to be obtained through more varied/random sources in Felucca would go a long way in eliminating the "fish in a barrel" business like scenarios we so often here about now with champ spawn raiding, and would also allow people to get scrolls from "solo" play, which unfortunately is a very prevalent playstyle in UO as well as many other MMORPGs these days.

-Skylark

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What would get me to fel?

The removal of scripting programs would be a good start. Playing this game as long as I have (my oldest account is 132 months) you get to know a few people. And just from chatting to people in other PvP heavy guilds, the number of people that use the program-that-must-not-be-named is staggering. And with the MEDICal script, that's a huge advantage. In addition to the other scripts they run.

I do go to fel occasionally, but rarely to PvP.

But honestly, it's the scripting that keeps me out of fel.

Y

Yalp

Scripting in tram is certainly an issue also.. however..

1) this thread is about how to get peeps back to fel
2) scripting in tram does not create an imbalance in the pvp aspect.

A good rule in life which can easily be applied in this thread.. if you want change.. start by changing yourself.. a hard look in the mirror is worth 10,000 threads decrying the state of fel.

S

ShadowJack

I didn't call you a leg humper. I merely said "leg humping thieves", which is a common term used for the most abused thieving method, and is used by just about everyone when referring to that time in UO's past.

Funny you'd see it that way though. Guilty conscience maybe? :hahaha:
I'm not even offended, no guilt at all, but I'm taking up for the slander of my profession

Like any tamer or mage would.

SA should be a return of murdering and thieving and a revamp of old days. An expansion for those players, otherwise calling it a Black Abyss is silly.

And for modern day pks, I'm pretty sure that stands for puppy kisser and not player killer.