• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Updater Problems 23.12.07 - Castanet Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

<blockquote><hr>

Able to patch and load without lag or problems,.....West.

[/ QUOTE ]
Something is definitely wrong - when I try to patch to a production city, I wind up in Detroit.

That can't be right.

G

That is surprising....I heard Detroit was out of the production business!

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

That is surprising....I heard Detroit was out of the production business!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't stir up the Teamsters or UAW Unions Gilly

T

TristanRox

I do not think this is a geographical issue...not for me at least..

I am on the East Coast.. My son's lap top patches fine, My daughters desktop, both using windows XP are working and also patching with no problems.

My new computer (home vista) is having the castanet errors while trying to install the game for the first time from the installer downloaded from the site. Even tried the disks and the only thing that changed was the process of verifying everytime I tried to patch again.

I had assumed it was a compatibility issue with Window's Vista..

Oh, when I download and install from the site, I get two notepad txt files that also get downloaded on to desktop. Not sure what that is.

M

Magnum

Lawd!
TSO hasn't updated to Vista!
You know all new pcs are coming with Vista now and xp is soon to be extinct LOL

G

I haven't tried to patch yet but I was able to log into TC3. (Central location) Yesterday (Saturday) I also got a notepad text that appeared on my desktop after logging in. That's strange.

I

imported_LFancey

--How come then when I installed ea land it took 5 mins and all I got was 6mb of it instead of the full 1.5gb or however big it is.

That is because I made it smaller by only giving you the minimum set of files requred to contact the patching servers. The 1.5gb patches are roughly 20x the speed of the old install

--If there is no difference in the install, then how come some of the east coast can log in and some can't if we're connecting to the same east coast servers?

Because it is not the "Servers" it is the "Patching" severs on the east coast. Some are playing becaue they are not needing a patch.

Can we be done with this now so I can work on a solution?

Thanks

Lee

L

legscroft

East Coast here. Can't patch. Thank you for being here on a Sunday and trying to help us Lee!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Lawd!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm running vista on my laptop and the game runs fine. K thx.
East Coast

G

<blockquote><hr>

East lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Call it a wild shot, but I think Lee might be needing a tad more information, like whether you can actually patch or not.

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

Lawd!

[/ QUOTE ]

I beg to differ, XP will NOT be extinct. If so, you could say things about windows 98 and 2000. I know of several companies that refuse to use anything but windows 2000. I will not use vista. I will go to a Mac before that happens.

As far as the problems are concerned, I am on the east coast and I'm getting the CASTANET_ERROR_HTTP. I only get it when trying to patch to production cities. Otherwise, I can get into TC3 just fine.

Thank you for being here to help Lee, especially on your day off!!

T

TristanRox

Ohh..Okay...So my kids computers are able to play because they don't need to patch as my new computer does because I am loading it for the first time. Got it!

So it is an EastCoast issue with patching, not the servers.. I think I understand and will wait patiently.

Thanks for helping on a Sunday!

I

imported_LFancey

Ok so I am pretty sure we are concentrated on the East Coast.

I have SO Unix and NOC looking for a problem.

I will advise.

Lee

B

BellaofCats

Thanks again for working on your day off and for all the updates Lee!

Happy Holidaze,

Bella

I

imported_Cherri Bear

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks again for working on your day off and for all the updates Lee!

Happy Holidaze,

Bella

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you from me too!! (,,,,,) HUGS (,,,,,)

I

imported_LFancey

Ok I need to run out and get me some food really quick.

Our IT and Unix people are looking and I will let you know status in about 45 min

Lee

I

imported_LFancey

uk_player,

ywywywyw... umm did you patch?

let me know cause if you did and others can not it is good info.

Thanks for the kiss

Lee

L

Layla-Playmate

I was reading this post, so I decided to try to patch out of tc3 to one of the production cities and was not able to do so. I am in the central area, Texas to be exact.

G

urm no, I have just tried again but still getting the castanet error, sorry for the confusion

Just excited that techies are working on it *simple things and all that

I

imported_LFancey

I understand.

For those that know how please tell me the IP address when you ping..

downloads.tso.ea.com

Thanks

G

So it is an EastCoast issue with patching, not the servers

*Replying to this post since it mentions patching and servers*

The problem this morning demostrates why it is a good idea to set up separate folders for production and TC3. And for BV and TC3-Test if you so choose. I have never had patching problems because I run separate folders and wait till I hear that an update is OK before attempting a patch for a new version.

Separate folders are also a god-send if some error occurs and you only have to copy a good folder rather than download a whole new set of files.

G

<blockquote><hr>

So it is an EastCoast issue with patching, not the servers

*Replying to this post since it mentions patching and servers*

The problem this morning demostrates why it is a good idea to set up separate folders for production and TC3. And for BV and TC3-Test if you so choose. I have never had patching problems because I run separate folders and wait till I hear that an update is OK before attempting a patch for a new version.

Separate folders are also a god-send if some error occurs and you only have to copy a good folder rather than download a whole new set of files.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I have those already and still cant get in, so that not the problem

G

<blockquote><hr>

I understand.

For those that know how please tell me the IP address when you ping..

downloads.tso.ea.com

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_LFancey

Herk1287,

Did you actually ping downloads.tso.ea.com cause 192.168.1.1 is usually the IP address you get back from your internal router. I would expect it to be

159.153 something...

Can you please verify thanks

Lee

I

imported_LFancey

You can do what magnum says...

It works the same on XP with a few name changes.

Start --&gt; Programs --&gt; Accesories --&gt; Command Prompt

I

imported_herk1287

i used a site and it gave me this 69.244.120.3, does that sound more accurate

M

Magnum

<blockquote><hr>

is there a site to do this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Find the command prompt on your pc and type in ping http://downloads.tso.ea.com/ then hit enter it will pull up the ip of the site you're pinging.

The command prompt is usually in the assesories I looked on the xp pc and the command promt is under assessories.

E

EricaSKID

I got 'http is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file' when running that test. I am using a Toshiba Satellite A105-S4074 Notebook PC with Windows XP.

T

tj b

i was in tc3 yesturday ,,i tried to go to bf.and now i'm getting the castanet error..i caint get into any city now at all ..been out sence 1pm yesturday..my laptop wich has windows vista and ..my desktop has xp and it's out as well ..i'm in west virginia so east cost
..hope you all fix this soon ..this is nutts paying you all to play and ofcourse alot caint

M

Magnum

<blockquote><hr>

I got 'http is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file' when running that test. I am using a Toshiba Satellite A105-S4074 Notebook PC with Windows XP.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad remove the HTTP:// and use this: downloads.tso.ea.com

M

Magnum

Start --&gt; Programs --&gt; Accesories --&gt; Command Prompt a black box comes up where the blinking cursor is type in ping downloads.tso.ea.com
then hit enter, that will pull up the IP address LFancey is looking for...

E

EricaSKID

I have folders for BV, TC3 and Production Cities (AV, CC, DC, EJ, MF). None work. I have been trying since 10 AM Central Time and still get the verifying, updater and CASTANET errors.

E

EricaSKID

I removed the http and tried again and received 'downloads.tso.ea.com' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

M

Magnum

<blockquote><hr>

I removed the http and tried again and received 'downloads.tso.ea.com' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to add the word ping in front of this downloads.tso.ea.com
it should look like this ping downloads.tso.ea.com

Status
Not open for further replies.