• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Updater Problems 23.12.07 - Castanet Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Shirl1211

LOLOLOLOL...And I thought I was having a bad! That was cute!

V

vapd3317

its only cute until those dang elves give em greasy gravy on their straw...

I knew I shouldnt have made those short jokes......

I

imported_Shirl1211

I just want to start this off by saying Happy Holdays to you all! People, be happy and enjoy this time to be with your family, play TSO is ya want. Just make a happy time of it and count your blessings. I am the wife of a cop and he will be working Christmas eve and Christmas day *14 hours per day* and my family are all in different states (thank goodness for Ma Bell) so I will be alone. Its all good though and makes me grateful and proud to be sharing my life with someone who makes sacrifices for all of us. So plzzzzzzzzz...Stop Da Bichin'

I

imported_LFancey

Thanks...
I almost finished it.. NetOps called me.

I posted with full mouth...

Least it wasn't my foot

G

I'm having trouble too with the castanet and get the same ping, using vista home and I'm in Georgia. Thanks for helping us all Lee

<3 Holly

I

imported_Cherri Bear

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Rest assured Christmas eve or Christmas day, I will not stop till service is restored.

[/ QUOTE ]
NONSENSE!
It's Christmas! Stay home with your family - they are more important than this stoopid game.
We can survive a lousy 24 hours - after all, most of us will be with family and friends too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto!

I

imported_Cherri Bear

Thank you again, Lee! You Rock!!!! (,,,,,) Lee (,,,,,)

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Rest assured Christmas eve or Christmas day, I will not stop till service is restored.

[/ QUOTE ]
NONSENSE!
It's Christmas! Stay home with your family - they are more important than this stoopid game.
We can survive a lousy 24 hours - after all, most of us will be with family and friends too.

[/ QUOTE ]

THIS.

S

Stick Figure

Just tried right now and I got past the castanet error.

However, now I'm getting this message : The Update failed to complete successfully. This could have happened for a variety of reasons.

Your doin great Lee =D Keep it up!

I

imported_LFancey

Service is coming back on line..

Please hold the mad rush for a few more ok.

Thanks

Lee

E

EricaSKID

Thank you Lee. I was hoping I would be able to get back online tonight.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just tried right now and I got past the castanet error.

However, now I'm getting this message : The Update failed to complete successfully. This could have happened for a variety of reasons.

Your doin great Lee =D Keep it up!

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here now. Is that a good thing?

K

Keep It Real

Worked for me Lee, thanks so much for your dedication to the game and players. You truely are the MotU.

E

EricaSKID

I am still having some issues.

I just installed an 18.2 MB (217 files) update. I was able to log into the game. I am going to see what happens after I log into Betaville (11.1 MB update, 189 files) and patch to TC3 and one of my production cities.

Patched to BV and got disconnected with a Error 13 after about 64% when trying to enter the city. Patched over to AV (11.1 MB and) and logged in immediately. Patched to TC3 (16.2 MB, 130 files) and logged in just fine. It's just Betaville that's having issues right now for me at least.

I

imported_LFancey

Hold on till I sound the all clear.. I am working with live systems here...

Just wait...

Lee

T

tj b

ok.i'm still not getting on it gives me this big uypdate then stops ..i try to go to the other cities instead of tc3 it shuts down..i guess a lil progress is better then none hope to be able to be online soon.ty for all your doing for us

I

imported_LFancey

Did you get the whole patch to work KIR???

Thanks and no I just role play good.

Lee

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

Did you get the whole patch to work KIR???

Thanks and no I just role play good.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I am in. I just needed 1.1mb update, I guess that was the added snow and x-mas stuff, not used my production city game copy since that update. Shall I try to patch to TC3 on that copy for ya? I'm game. Oh and good role playing btw.

I

imported_LFancey

No don't patch around,.....

narrowing in on the mid way failure...

I will get one of them in YIM.. .just need to find a person who will talk with me..

S

StarreTee

Thank you Lee. I've been able to log into AV. Thanks for working on a Sunday and through a meal.

Have a great Christmas.

I

imported_LFancey

Service is restored.

If you are one that got caught in the middle... I tried to reach you but got no response.

Please try again and force the verify to run.

Lee

T

tj b

still caint get in ...giving me this big update then it freezes..if i try another city instead of tso it shuts down my yahoo is tjb_1976 add me lee

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

Service is restored.

If you are one that got caught in the middle... I tried to reach you but got no response.

Please try again and force the verify to run.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

S

Stick Figure

All I am getting is "Update could not be completed successfully."

G

OOOH Ill have to try it again in the monring its waaaaaaaaay past my bedtime here (4.10am - oopsie)

Night all - hope you all manage to get in

E

EricaSKID

I am still not able to patch to BV. I can go everywhere else I want but not there.

E

EricaSKID

Ok. Thanks for letting me know. I just have my sims, skill locks, a house, money and objects I hope I won't lose.

L

LiveOnce

TY Lee,

I was able to down load the update and get back into TC3
;-)

G

Lee you are an absolute star - thank you SO much for all your hard work trying to help everyone get in to play.

Polly

I

imported_LFancey

Those of you that are still unable to update.

You please do the following.

Rename both .castanet folders to OLD.castanet. There is a .castanet in the TSOPatch folder and one in theTSOClient folder. (NO MATTER HOW YOU INSTALLED THE GAME)

Then you must must use TSO.exe and patch to TC3 first then you can patch back to TSO.

This is why it is critical that you set up in the standard way. We have put in ways to get you back running should we have problems with the service. Those ways tend to exist from standard installations.

I have verified that this works with 3 of 4 people. The 4th is still updating.

Cheers,

Lee

I

imported_LFancey

Thank you Polly,

I am not a star.... but I work with a whole team of them!

Thank you for your help tonight

Lee

S

simmrsjackson

Still not working for me. Can't get in! My problem is that I haven't been able to get in for a little over a week
What can we do??

I

imported_LFancey

simmrsjackson,

Sorry I need more information....

Does I still can't get in mean...

"I am getting the same castanet error as before"
"The update is frozen"

let me know and I will see what I can do.

Thanks

Lee

S

Suzi Q

I can't get in to any of the 3 cities I use (FF, CC and JP). What is going on with the servers? I don't see any reference to castanet. With FF I get error 13 when trying to enter the city and error 23 when trying to enter my property. CC and JP just freeze at 50% with no error message at all!!!! I'm really fed up now, everything was fine before maintenance yesterday (23rd). I can't even log in to this message board from The Sims Online website as the server is down, have to get in via stratics!!! Come on EA get this sorted plzzzzzzzz, some of us still want to play through the christmas break

Have just tried to log in on my laptop which uses Vista (PC is on XP) - exactly the same problem. Get to sim screen perfectly fine, just can't enter any cities/properties!

B

BellaofCats

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to you and your team for all your hard work and dedication in getting the game up and running!

My entire family is in N.H., I am in Florida and TSO is how I will be getting my holiday hugs. It is one way we can feel like we are together for the holidays.

Wishing a Very Merry Christmas to you and yours and to your wonderful fix-it-up team!!

Happy Holidaze to all!!

Bella

S

sxyseamnky

yay! todays maintenance has fixed my castanet error and i was able to update the game and switch which city i was in! thanks guys. hope it worked for everyone else too.

I

imported_sedusa

FF and BV are currently showing as offline. This has been reported in Server Outages.

Status
Not open for further replies.