• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Updater Problems 23.12.07 - Castanet Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

StarreTee

East Coast as well. I've been trying since yesterday to play in AV. I can get to TC3 just fine, it's the other ones I can't log onto either without getting the Castanet error.

Ping: 159.153.231.33

G

I have folders for BV, TC3 and Production Cities

Maybe you are trying to use "TSO.exe"? I have my shortcuts set to "TSOclient.exe".

E

EricaSKID

I am confused. Most of the time when I begin the game I still have to download a patch of so many MB. Is that what you mean you don't have to patch?

I

imported_mocntrymn

I'm using xp in Missouri and have the same problem.

I get the same thing... 159.153.231.33

G

I'm in the east as well -- as a matter of fact, I'm about six blocks from the Atlantic Ocean! :)

Thanks so much for working on this -- not only is it a weekend, it's a HOLIDAY weekend on top of it all!

<blockquote><hr>

I understand.

For those that know how please tell me the IP address when you ping..

downloads.tso.ea.com

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

G

I still have to download a patch

I only patch when there is an update. Like when we got snow.

My shortcuts:
(I re-named my folders to keep track of them)

For production cities:
"C:\Games\The Sims Online\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe" -w

For TC3:
"C:\Games\The Sims Online TC3\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe" -w

For TC3 - test:
"C:\Games\The Sims Online TC3 - test\TSOPatch\TSO.exe" -w

M

Magnum

I redownloaded it and still un able to do anything.
I clicked the ea land icon from the desktop and it does nothing.
My RL room mate when she clicks on the ea land desktop icon she gets the castanet error..
So who knows when we get to play, glad some of ya's can get into play.

M

Magnum

Don't feel bad TXGal
Many of us can't get into sims...

Oh LFancey IP I get when I ping is 159.153.231.33

I added it before and so didnt a few others read previous logs.

G

TxnGal, if you do not want to read the whole thread, go to the top of the page, on the row which includes "General Discussion&gt;&gt;City Hall", you will find "Threaded".

Click on that and then read the posts by LFancey, to find out what is happening, and how it applies to your situation.

G

No one except Lee or a member of the team, has any hope of knowing what is going on or when it will be fixed.

Not much point in asking, until he or one of the other devs' post again.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

using tracert for downloads.ea.com

fert01.abn-iad.ea.com [159.153.224.3] reports: Destination host unreachable.

I

imported_LFancey

I am working on it..

All of you have confirmed for me where the problem is located and it is assocated to that IP address that you have all posted. So far 100% of those who get routed to 153.159.231.33 are broken.

We are working on restoring service. No ETA.

Lee

K

Keep It Real

Now I keep getting booted from TC3. Error 22, 23, 102, time and time again on 3 different computers. Guess it's a good day to go play SL untill all this gets sorted out again.

M

Magnum

TXnGal

You need to use this ping downloads.tso.ea.com

Not tsodownloads.com

If you get 153.159.231.33 Then you're with many of us that cannot connect.
Lee says he found the problem and is working on it but no ETA...

G

mine come up 159.153.231.33 and still not able to patch over (for info only knows theyll get it fixed as soon as they can)

G

ok ok..lol..i got 159.153.199.53 when i pinged that way mag..thanks..but still different than ya'll..hmm..but seems mine may be updating..not sure yet!..thanks lee for all your doing to resolve this issue!..:)

I

imported_LFancey

TxnGal,

I need to speak with you.. Are you getting Castanet errors?

Thanks

G

yes lee..i have got the error since Friday..castanet_error_http..and can not get on sims at all! i usually go on tc3 and decided to go to AV ..checked the tso box then gave me the error..and couldn't get back to sims at all!

R

Rob Roy McGregor

Well... 1737 and still the problem with the updater exists.

I

imported_LFancey

Txngal,

Can you Yahoo message me?

If so let me know and I will send you my YIM name

Lee

I

imported_Cherri Bear

I just removed TSO from my programs. Mine is so messed up. Can someone send me the link to re-install TSO? I tried going through the free trial, but that is like pulling teeth. After I re-install, I will wait until I can just click on the desktop icon without having to add a -w, or whatever by going into program files and finding the right one.

And no, I don't have my original TSO disks. It is really no wonder new people can't find out about this game. You go to the EA.com site and TSO is nowhere to be found.

I am not complaining, I am just stating what I have found out trying to get the game re-installed.

Thank you so much, Cherri

G

I can get into TC3 but can't patch to any production city.

This is the message:

There was an error reading from the network. For more information, please go to http://thesimsonline.custhelp.com (search keyword: CASTANET_ERROR_UNEXPECTED_EOF'). Please select 'Retry' to attempt to update the game again, or "Quit" to exit the game.

I had no problem getting into TC3 again after trying to patch and failed.

P.S. Cherri, I've tried to download EALand with no luck. It won't update at all for me.

Sorry you have to work on your day off, Lee.

I

imported_Cherri Bear

Thank you Lee! I got EA Land reinstalled. Still have the castanet error, but I am leaving it at that and waiting til it is repaired.

Cherri

I

imported_LFancey

Yes its not fixed yet....

As I get info I will give it to you.

Lee

G

Big huggs and thanks to the people that decided to put up the free download its much appreciated to all of us that play sims !!!!
Thanks for all your hard work !!!!

E

EricaSKID

I tried to use the new EALand install link. I got it installed but still the same Castanet errors logging in. Using my folder links, I manage to get to BV. When I click on my Sims, I get the connecting status bar. It stops at 85% with an Error 13 disconnection error.

G

It's not the install. Lee said this earlier:

<blockquote><hr>

And while we are on the topic. Let me just set the record straight again. There is no difference between EALand, TC3, or any city in TSO. This problem is not caused by disks, nor it it caused by the new install. This problem is not caused by the name of your directory be that EALand or The Sims Online.

This problem is 100% patching server related and the preliminary info I have is pointing to a problem in our east coast data center.

[/ QUOTE ]

M

Magnum

Funny I asked for YIM and MSN username and get no response too funny
I still can't get the ea land icon to do anything, not even pull up the login thing all I get is these messages in a text icon on my desktop:

(Mon Dec 24 01:24:18 2007 UTC) Current command line: "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA-Land\TSOPatch\TSO.exe"
(Mon Dec 24 01:24:18 2007 UTC) Current application version: 2.1520.0.0
(Mon Dec 24 01:24:18 2007 UTC) Launching "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA-Land\TSOPatch\TSO.dup" /MakeCopy:"0" /DoPatchZero:"1" /MutexName:"TSO_BOOTSTRAPPER_MUTEX"
(Mon Dec 24 01:24:18 2007 UTC) Executable version: 2.1520.0.0
(Mon Dec 24 01:24:18 2007 UTC) In SpawnProcess(), pszApp=C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA-Land\TSOPatch\TSO.dup, pszParams="C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA-Land\TSOPatch\TSO.dup" /MakeCopy:"0" /DoPatchZero:"1" /MutexName:"TSO_BOOTSTRAPPER_MUTEX", pszDirectory=C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA-Land\TSOPatch\ piReturnCodeNull=1
(Mon Dec 24 01:24:18 2007 UTC) CreateProcess() succeeded.

Too funny and its not even Monday yet...

I

imported_LFancey

Magnum,

What you are geting is not infact a text icon but a text file or a shortcut to the text file. The picture you see on your desktop is only a representation of that fact.

The file to which you refer is located, in your current example, C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EALand\TSOPatch and is called either "TSO.dup.log" or "TSO.dup.log.bak" there are other text files also contained in that directory. These are log files that store information about process start up which as you can see by the example you provided did in fact succeed in the CreateProcess() function. (If you ran from C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online you would see those exact same files but as you can well guess would have a different path)

Since as I stated before this is not related to your computer, your operating system, or the application. Regardless of if it is installed to EALand or The Sims Online folders or directories, which ever suits your fancy. The process should succeed and if fact did.

Rest assured Christmas eve or Christmas day, I will not stop till service is restored.

Thanks for your help with the pings much appreciated and helped narrow in on the potential problem.

I never got a request for my Yim or MSM where did you send it? I have sent you my YIM in stratics mail just now...

Cheers,

Lee

G

with an Error 13 disconnection error

I get an E13 logging into BV, too. Status says BV is open, so anyone wanting to play in BV is out of luck. If we both post to Outages, maybe someone will see the posts.

I

imported_LFancey

I am eating my food I will be AFK but don't worry... EA has my direct line they will advise. If there is a change I will rush to my computer and post with my mouth full

Lee

G

<blockquote><hr>

Rest assured Christmas eve or Christmas day, I will not stop till service is restored.

[/ QUOTE ]
NONSENSE!
It's Christmas! Stay home with your family - they are more important than this stoopid game.
We can survive a lousy 24 hours - after all, most of us will be with family and friends too.

E

EricaSKID

We know it is a holiday but still have time for the game. That's why he's working hard for us.

V

vapd3317

i'll be at work. Christmas eve also. *no,...I aint one of santas elves...lol*...I work in the reindeer stable.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
NONSENSE!
It's Christmas! Stay home with your family - they are more important than this stoopid game.
We can survive a lousy 24 hours - after all, most of us will be with family and friends too.

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN!!!

I

imported_Shirl1211

Yep Magnum..it's a tech problem which means technology is not 100% fool proof. Yes, I too was really frustrated about it, angry even but that gives you no right to be rude to the one person that can work this problem out! Time to play RL for a few days for some of us!

Status
Not open for further replies.