• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Imbuing Changes Going to Test Center 1 Today!

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good luck with hitting a 60+ DCI Mage with 35 HCI. Even with HLD active you hit less than 50%. If you are not getting extremely lucky, mages will laughing and dancing around you firing spells at you without getting hit.
Btw. even with 60 SSI a comp bow swings at 1.5 sec delay at 150 anf also at 180 Stamina. And SSI is capped at 60.

When all things are even, IE the mage has 120 wep skill and say 70 DCI for sake of argument, and the dexxer/archer has 120 wep skill/archery 45 HCI and HLD, during the HLD the hit chance should be exactly 50% except for the rare chance to parry with weapon in hand and/or a shield should the mage be a human. However, I'd like to see a poll on mages to see how many have 70 DCI. AOF, jewels, weapon makes 60, robe and quiver now make 70, so it's even more possible now with those six items, just curious how many people have the AOF/Jewels combo. Meanwhile, takes the dexxer/archer maybe three-four items to get that 45 HCI and whatever HLD they have.

Either way, Drowy is right about the less than 50% assuming there are humans in the field; how it translates when archers can hit ya while moving, well, that's another debate. However, I love when an archer dismounts you 1 v 1 when you're on a mage and you kill them right after. I never understood the 1 v 1 dismounter w/o pet...

U

UOKaiser

Not too concern with PVP change part of it. Caps are already placed and pretty much with every person able to reach it then everyone balance each other. As for template against template those wars being going since the begginig so tommorrow archers be a little stronger, the next day mages, the next tamers etc... As everyone tries to find reasons to nerf everyone else.
As imbuing is a crafter skill and for some weird reason added for mysticism thats the only aspects Im concern about.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not too concern with PVP change part of it. Caps are already placed and pretty much with every person able to reach it then everyone balance each other. As for template against template those wars being going since the begginig so tommorrow archers be a little stronger, the next day mages, the next tamers etc... As everyone tries to find reasons to nerf everyone else.
As imbuing is a crafter skill and for some weird reason added for mysticism thats the only aspects Im concern about.
Spoken like a true archer.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I took your post as another mage whining template. Imbuing made all dexers THAT MUCH MORE powerful since its introduction to the game.

Mages are still virtually unchanged especially when SC-0 Mage Weapon -20 along takes 3 WHOOPING MODS AT 100% Throw in 15DCI. Mage weapon blah blah and mage has too much mods is the last thing people should be complaining about.

I can imbue a dual proc composite and kill people in 3 seconds flat, but I cant just imbue a book/mage weapon so I can super quick drop people archer fashion.

If DI no longer counts as a mod (which if it means dmg distribution/convert then it wont matter that much but give more pvm farming power to dexers) it will only overpower dexers more and will be again virtually no impact to mages.

I have 3 mages and 4 dexers. Didnt bother to imbue a suit for my mages but imbued all 3 (godly mind you) of my dexer suits and most of their weapons.

For example my archer suit without weapon mods is rocking at corpse proof all 70s 40LMC, 15 Mana Reg, +43 mana, + 29stam, +25 hp, 35 HCI, 45 DCI, 50EP, 80Damage Inc, +15Ninjitsu. Gives me (after chug)147hp, 178stam, 131mana. And when arty imbue comes in, I am most likely going to rock enough SSI for my comp bow to fire at cap speed at 150ish stam.

Go figure.

If you are not trying to say how mage is overpowered due to imbuing, please disregard my last post. But seriously you can give mages 200% more intensity on their mage weapons they are still not gonna own anything as fast as dexers/archers.

Why still cant we imbue spellbooks?
Please tell me what good a mage wep is if the archers disarm/running shot you while chugging pots and throwing explosions? Please explain to me what other templates allow you to do dmg on the run without having to pause to do a special? (mages must stop, successfully cast, then catch the target...archers dont)

Now tell me...according to your last statement....you even admit in your own words that mages are less powerful than dexxers...why is that? This game is supposed to balance out the varying templates...not create a void in between.

Its ok though WarUltima...you were one of the same people who also cried during beta too...nothing new.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good luck with hitting a 60+ DCI Mage with 35 HCI. Even with HLD active you hit less than 50%. If you are not getting extremely lucky, mages will laughing and dancing around you firing spells at you without getting hit.
Btw. even with 60 SSI a comp bow swings at 1.5 sec delay at 150 anf also at 180 Stamina. And SSI is capped at 60.
Hmm 35HCI is without weapon btw... and bows can go up to 25hci and 50hld which goes well over the cap.

And mages cant laugh because if a dexers offscreens the most damage mages can do is magic arrow or pain spike. No dexer is stupid enough to not run after they whiff. And what happen when I get a mage low and he starts to run? Yes moving shot with hit fireball.

Any dexer who knows when to run is like having godmode vs mages and should never ever die to any mage 1v1 field fight regardless of how good the mage is.

U

UOKaiser

Spoken like a true archer.
LoL you would think. But the only archer I have is my fisher. Though I might put archery in a soulstone and try it out. Strangely I have every character except a dedicated true archer template or ninja template gonna need to check them out. I am always ready for any nerf.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LoL you would think. But the only archer I have is my fisher. Though I might put archery in a soulstone and try it out. Strangely I have every character except a dedicated true archer template or ninja template gonna need to check them out. I am always ready for any nerf.
Hehe...I apologize for the comment...it should have gone to the poster above you. :)

Move along...nothing to see here. :danceb:

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my archer has 60 swing speed now?with assassins armor and bow,who would put a crappy 5 mod danyo helmet on when you can use faction glasses or hunter headress? plus with imbued rings and bracelets now you can get over 800 skill on any character, my stealth archer has like 840 skill

W

Wilki

There is a balance issue with properties being on items where they normally aren't allowed for that item type. To handle this, we're leaning towards making those properties cost double their normal property weight.

Thoughts?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a balance issue with properties being on items where they normally aren't allowed for that item type. To handle this, we're leaning towards making those properties cost double their normal property weight.

Thoughts?
If it isn't too much trouble could we get a list of the newly imbueable artifacts and such so we can take a look at what kind of unbalanced mods we will be dealing with before we make hard rules on them all?

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
cloak of silence +10 stealth
royal guard investigator +20 stealth
hunter headress +20 archery and 15 hit chance
assassins armor +30 stealth and 20 swing speed
ring has stealth +13 ninjitsu +12 ep20 hc 10 di 20
braclet has stealth +12 ninjitsu +13 ep20 dex 7 di 20

thats 130 bonus skill points and you could get more on jewls plus thats 60 swingspeed with weapon

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm 35HCI is without weapon btw... and bows can go up to 25hci and 50hld which goes well over the cap.

And mages cant laugh because if a dexers offscreens the most damage mages can do is magic arrow or pain spike. No dexer is stupid enough to not run after they whiff. And what happen when I get a mage low and he starts to run? Yes moving shot with hit fireball.

Any dexer who knows when to run is like having godmode vs mages and should never ever die to any mage 1v1 field fight regardless of how good the mage is.
OH, yes put HCI on bow and HLD and SSI and DI and Balanced and... OH no more room for hit spell or double hit spell. Putting HCI on a bow is a waste and stupid.
Hit Fireball lets you stop moving for a sec and a moving shot hits less accurate than a normal shot. But on a heavy crossbow its still a strong move.
But when fighting 1 on 1 against an archer a mage can always use Protection and should barely have a problem dealing with the archer. With Explo/Flamestrike Combo after a curse he deals alot of damage draining life and stamina. As a necro/mage you have even more options like strangle/painspike, Blood Oath or evil omen/Explo/Flamestrike.
I agree that its hard to kill a good archer in a field fight 1 vs 1, but so are good mages.
I never died to an archer on my necro/mage before imbuing came and dont think i will now. But i will test it when i have imbued his new suit.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thoughts?
I would like to see some examples first. Doubling the property weight might make an item worthless to imbue.

However I like to lean towards keeping it in place just for creativity. How about keeping the property weight, but doubling or tripling the resource cost, or decrease the percentage chance to imbue. It would make such items unique.

All in all we have caps in place, where they apply these on which item is not much of an issue overall.

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i went on test and imbued everything in my bank and nothing is overpowered the cap is 450 on armor and weapons and the runics give more than that now,i think it helps younger players by making those crap arties worthy ,its mostly only the minor artifacts anyway

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thoughts?
IMO that would depend entirely on what you propose. I would like to see some sort of compromise made.

How about removing the .5 second delay that was added to casting some time ago...allow mages an opportunity to cast a mini heal whilst being hit with endless double hit spell running shots thrown by a 160+ stam archer (or make the special more mana intensive?...keep in mind this special is the same cost as a magic arrow...with 4X or more the damage with vel/fireball).

Also, if you DO in fact go for this sort of change to imbuing...you will nerf the usefulness of monster loot pretty much altogether. Plan on revamping all the loot tables due to a temporary fix?

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to agree with Restroom Cowboy as far as casting. I also propose raising the SDI cap for PvP. Mages should be on par with every other template in PvP.

While your at it, increase the damage of trap boxes as the devs did way back on trap pouches to deter the use of using them to break paralyze.

Tactics is required to use specials. Magic Resist should be required to resist spells and or reduce the effectiveness.

S

Stupid Miner

If it isn't too much trouble could we get a list of the newly imbueable artifacts and such so we can take a look at what kind of unbalanced mods we will be dealing with before we make hard rules on them all?
They're all imbueable. The ones that'll be able to have anything done to them will have less than 5 properties and typically should be around 450 property weight or less. Or 500 weight for jewelry.
... and typically the only ones that'll matter are the ones with a unique property on them.
A lot will be able to have Resists shuffled, but not much more.

U

UOKaiser

Thoughts?
Don't really want to get caught in a pvp showdown but raising properites will just make them useless to be used for pvp,pvm,or anything when heartwood kits are less than 1.6 mil that can produced incredible bows or when all runics are half price from what they were. In other words imbuing would be useless to use. And even though am against the easyness of the skill and the abudunce of resources am not against the skill itself. A good alternative is just to let mages hit 3 fc instead of them being stuck at 2 cap.

Oh and definetely raise the intensity on monster loot especially Sa creatures. People love to Hunt but as the hunting use to be for the right item or before that the silver vanquashing item as it stands now hunting is a bit useless.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

Thoughts?
I would have no problem with that! costing double would balance it !
would for sure make for some interesting combination's also!

thats one I would for sure put on test center!

N

Nastia Cross

Thoughts?
There are already caps in place, so implementing a system like what you mention doesn't really seem necessary to me. Why have special items that have properties they normally can't if you are going to penalize them further. It does take creativity, skill and luck to work these pieces into a suit already. I don't see a need for even more weight.

O

olduofan

I find it amazing how much some of you are complaining about archers and mages being nerfed and how much better 1 is over the other why don't you try being a swordsman!

all i can say is I die faster than and either of those and what about tamers in pvp ?
every time i go to fel I run from all mages I find them way over powered I feel para field and trapping a player should be removed from fel

Ya try a melee weapon and stop crying

UO has always screwed swordsman the most

I hope dexxers get some love and i dont care if it makes anchors more powerful I want to compete as well if it helps me im ALL for it

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find it amazing how much some of you are complaining about archers and mages being nerfed and how much better 1 is over the other why don't you try being a swordsman!

all i can say is I die faster than and either of those and what about tamers in pvp ?
every time i go to fel I run from all mages I find them way over powered I feel para field and trapping a player should be removed from fel

Ya try a melee weapon and stop crying

UO has always screwed swordsman the most

I hope dexxers get some love and i dont care if it makes anchors more powerful I want to compete as well if it helps me im ALL for it
i totally agree make two handed weapons and sheilds able to have balance ,maybe able to toss bola with weapon armed or a two-3 tile attack for all those 120(hack)runners

S

Smokin

Honestly why are all these archer/mage post in this thread, could people possibly start another thread called argument thread or something, and maybe mods clean this one up.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly why are all these archer/mage post in this thread, could people possibly start another thread called argument thread or something, and maybe mods clean this one up.
In order to keep things in perspective, examples of current situations should be given. This allows developers an opportunity to rethink their proposals so that hopefully those of us affected are not disatisfied with the end results.

Unfortunately PvP was not tested BEFORE imbuing and the new skill sets went live...you will/are hearing gripes now because of this and due to the current ideas on the table. Archery just so happens to be the largest benefactor of the latest additions...and I am positive you will be hearing more rants about this in the near future. (btw...you really should not consider this a rant...I may get carried away at times...however I always try to keep the GAMES best interests in mine...not my own.)

@oldUOfan...I hope your post was a joke.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are already caps in place, so implementing a system like what you mention doesn't really seem necessary to me. Why have special items that have properties they normally can't if you are going to penalize them further. It does take creativity, skill and luck to work these pieces into a suit already. I don't see a need for even more weight.
...try adding 100 lrc to your suit in addition to the rest of your mods...we refer to this as a mage suit. :dunce:

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would have no problem with that! costing double would balance it !
would for sure make for some interesting combination's also!

thats one I would for sure put on test center!
If i might suggest, how about limiting SSI to 30 on bows...IE no enhancing SSI past 30 on imbued bows. THEN double costs.

P

pgcd

If i might suggest, how about limiting SSI to 30 on bows...IE no enhancing SSI past 30 on imbued bows. THEN double costs.
I notice that, since you failed miserably about the whole damage increase/conversion issue etc, and forgot to say how sorry you were about _that_ pointless whining, you are now simply whining about how archers are horribly overpowered in PVP.
Let me just ask you this: if mages are so weak and archers so strong, why the **** not just make an archer for yourself and pwn everybody all the time? Is there a specific reason why you feel the need to nerf other people's playstyles instead of trying them yourself? Do you feel selfless and generous about this, stuff like "these kids needs someone watching over them", etc?
It's arguments like these that made me quit UO last time - and certainly a good reason to stop reading the boards.
Uh, by the way, I don't PVP. It's just that kind of spiteful attitude that irks me =P.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I notice that, since you failed miserably about the whole damage increase/conversion issue etc, and forgot to say how sorry you were about _that_ pointless whining, you are now simply whining about how archers are horribly overpowered in PVP.
Let me just ask you this: if mages are so weak and archers so strong, why the **** not just make an archer for yourself and pwn everybody all the time? Is there a specific reason why you feel the need to nerf other people's playstyles instead of trying them yourself? Do you feel selfless and generous about this, stuff like "these kids needs someone watching over them", etc?
It's arguments like these that made me quit UO last time - and certainly a good reason to stop reading the boards.
Uh, by the way, I don't PVP. It's just that kind of spiteful attitude that irks me =P.
Pardon me? Didnt I refer you to reread the patch notes? Under the general section you will see that this is not an issue with unravelling.

Why not make an archer to pwn? I have one...which is why I speak about the imbalance...I am very well versed in pvp templates. You?

Specific reason for this? Imbalance...what else?

Do I feel the need to nerf others playstyles? Only if there is a reason for it...which there obviously is.

BTW...please keep comments on subjects you know nothing about to yourself. If you do not play the game or have an objective viewpoint...I really don't give two shakes what you have to say from here on out.

Don't play UO to PvP? Good for you...please quit again.

Now if you do not mind, the adults wish to speak on the matter...thanks.

S

Scratch

why is it that after all i have read about imbuing on stratics that no one has figured out that it is just a bandaid for all the things you cried about in AOS....I am all for the changes as the playing field will once again be leveled....

let me explain.....

AOS added numbers and ruined the game....we all cried when they added the numbers because he with the most gold bought the best gear and kicked the most butt in the pvp aspect of the game....

now you have the oppurtunity to make the same godly weapon as the guy that just slammed your arse to the ground...and you can practically make the identical armor....
there will now be types of suits for dexxers and mages and what ever else template you can play....all will have standard mods for the templates and all will have the same gear...

its kind of funny that the poverty stricken cried about aos because they could no longer compete...now the leet pvpers are crying because the poverty stricken can acquire the same gear taking away the advantage of being rich....

stop crying already....this imbuing has brought back the use for t mappers (jeweles needed for imbuing) the crafters that can make reg gm armor again.....the use of items that were so long forgotten parts of the game.....

this is the best thing i have seen uo do in years

even if it is just the AOS bandy we all know was needed....

the only thing i think needs to be done now is this....

if you flag someone from inside a house....you get teleported outside the house to a random tile around the house....this will stop the house hiding people that call themselves pvpers...if you want to fight you fight....you want to stay in your yew house and house hide while watching your UOHDTV then dont flag someone from inside....

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why is it that after all i have read about imbuing on stratics that no one has figured out that it is just a bandaid for all the things you cried about in AOS....I am all for the changes as the playing field will once again be leveled....

let me explain.....

AOS added numbers and ruined the game....we all cried when they added the numbers because he with the most gold bought the best gear and kicked the most butt in the pvp aspect of the game....

now you have the oppurtunity to make the same godly weapon as the guy that just slammed your arse to the ground...and you can practically make the identical armor....
there will now be types of suits for dexxers and mages and what ever else template you can play....all will have standard mods for the templates and all will have the same gear...

its kind of funny that the poverty stricken cried about aos because they could no longer compete...now the leet pvpers are crying because the poverty stricken can acquire the same gear taking away the advantage of being rich....

stop crying already....this imbuing has brought back the use for t mappers (jeweles needed for imbuing) the crafters that can make reg gm armor again.....the use of items that were so long forgotten parts of the game.....

if you flag someone from inside a house....you get teleported outside the house to a random tile around the house....this will stop the house hiding people that call themselves pvpers...if you want to fight you fight....you want to stay in your yew house and house hide while watching your UOHDTV then dont flag someone from inside....
Well said :)

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

let me explain.....

Who is crying? I am about balance Scratch. Nothing else...

Take it from someone who can *correct* you regardless of temp...things are not as even as you would like to believe.

P

pgcd

Pardon me? Didnt I refer you to reread the patch notes? Under the general section you will see that this is not an issue with unravelling.
Sorry, I must have misread this:
Code:
General Changes

-  If the damage convert property is rolled when crafting an item with a runic tool, it will no longer count towards the total number of properties rolled. For example, if you use a bronze runic hammer to craft a weapon, you have the possibility to get a weapon with 3 properties plus the damage convert property.
Specifically, I must have misread that DAMAGE CONVERT, since you are so evidently smarter than anyone else =P

Now, I'm all very happy to let the adults speak, but I'd appreciate it if those adults learned how to read (and perhaps think) before speaking.

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Allow us to lower the intensity on any item, even if lowering it just 5 will still have it above the cap. Example, I tried to lower the HLL, HSL and HML on Soul Seeker, it would not let me, because it was still over the limit of 450 or 500.
The soul seeker is quite overpowered already, craft your own from scratch if you don't like some properties, that's why imbuing was created in the first place.

2. Allow us to remove certain mods completely or have them not count towards the 5. Damage Increase comes to mind here. Or at very least allow the crafting of a weapon and no arms lore to yield no damage increase, This is most annoying to me because my suits have 100 DI on them anyways.
Well, adapt your suit, you'll end up even more powerfull, but why do you want the devs to bend the system to suit your personal preferences?

3. If a mod is on an item it normally cant be, like +skill on armor, allow us to lower it (never raise or swap it). This will allow for some of the more useless arties to possibly get an armor resist boost.
That's what makes certain items interesting, having something they could not normally have. Again... if you don't like it, craft your own.

5. Please allow the resources that can be mined and or lumberjacked to be gotten in the old lands as well.
Different places are different, why not ask for a single hole in the ground in the middle of Britain where you can mine, fish and lumberjack?

Please allow imbued items to be set to a certain durability upon initial imbue, 150, 255 something liek that.
In other words, you want to do it all by yourself and get rid of those pesky smiths who can share the pie with you running some BoDs for PoFs.
Now, if you want imbued items to get a default 200 durability and never be PoFed or repaired, that's a topic worth discussing.

F

Fink

you didnt understand what he was saying.

before this change you had to imbue every property on an armor piece then enhance it --> with the risk of losing it all

now you can imbue just the resists --> enhance and then imbue everything else afterwards

so you only risk losing whatever u used to imbue the resists
So only thing this chances really is that now you can try enhancing the resists right before wasting resources on MR, LMC etc.

From this I understood that he was enhancing before imbuing. My apologies, my grasp of English is not ideal.

A

AtlanteanAngel

OH, yes put HCI on bow and HLD and SSI and DI and Balanced and... OH no more room for hit spell or double hit spell.
Double Hit Spell, as in a weapon with 50% Hit Lightning + 50% Hit Fireball, on the same weapon? Is this possible?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Double hit spell is only possible on bows, velocity and one of the "normal" spells.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After a bit of testing all the artifacts, the only imbuable ones (less than 450 weight value) are:

Taskmaster: 400
Dryad bow: 378
Daimyo's helm: 342
Gloves of the sun: 436 (yeah, 14 points isn't much, but fits the criteria)
Polar bear mask: 365
Orcish visage: 277
Gloves of the pugilist: 352
Wildfire bow: 388
Windsong: 262
Bonesmasher: 220

I couldn't test the 10th anniversary arties (and won't do the math... lazy ya know), but of those listed above, the only one which bears looking at in my opinion is the daimyo's helm.

One thing we can't test on TC (because the weapons don't exist to my knowledge) are the "general's" weapons, specifically the bows. According to my calculation, the best 50 SSI crossbow (50 SSI/30 HLD/50 DI) has only 361 weighted-points. Adding a lightning or velocity or reducing the DI and adding both could cause a serious balance issue... at least as long as those weapons still exist (which could be a long time).

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thoughts?
I do not see the problem here. Even if the item has a property that is not normally allowed, Imbuing still counts the property as a mod and if it above the allowed intensity. That property is above its normal single property weight for the item.

Example, I had a 50% enhance pot ring with nothing else on it. That was 1 property at 200 weight, twice the normal 100 weight for 25 EP. I also crafted a ring with 5 swing speed on it, not normally a property on rings, but the game recognized the SS as a property at 17 weight I think, which would be correct if I put 5 SS on a weapon.

So, I still do not see the problem here. And as others have mentioned, there are still the caps for virtually everything, already in place.

D

DarkScripture

I don't think making those properties cost double their normal property weight is good. I think that is a bad idea. I think making the Imbuing cost double resources would be the way to go.. BUT I also think there should be a way to remove trash mods and also take into account a mod that is present if you try to raise it. If I had a weapon with 45% Fire ball I think it should cost much less in resources to BUMP it up than if the item were RAW of that mod.
Double resources, but not cost double their normal property weight.
The only real imbalance is the Velocity as far as I can see. All other caps apply.

I also think all Arties should have a 550 cap. Just a bit more than exceptional.
After all artifact can not be enchanted with metal or wood. As now you can not remove a mod only lower it but it keeps the 5 mod rule, leaving only 4 mods left.

How about if a items fails to imbue on a artie it eats half it durability.. WOW now that would make things harder and make the smith resources needed even more.

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Double hit spell is only possible on bows, velocity and one of the "normal" spells.
sorry but your wrong about that i have weapons with double hit spell on them made from elf weapons, you cant get 2 with 50 but you can get one with 50 and one with 15......exsample 50 lighting and 15 harm but you must have the recipe

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about we remove the Powder of Fortifying from BoDs as reward so we can't move the durability on items anymore. And replace the PoF reward with tinkering runics from BoDs?

D

Der Rock

How about we remove the Powder of Fortifying from BoDs as reward so we can't move the durability on items anymore. And replace the PoF reward with tinkering runics from BoDs?
how about that:

for ALL PoF haters,for all who dont like more durability,i have a simple solution
DONT USE PoF

isn´t that simple?

if you love to run with 50 dura,then do it !

to say it more clear, dont insure anything and dont PoF anything,i bet thats the fun you searching for ;)

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SDI cap should be raised from 15% to 20%. 1 to 4 points more damage from spells would help at least a bit. Yesterday I took 50 dmg total from a moving shot :) 35 + 7 + 8.

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
charged assassins spike adds 10% lighting
wounding assassin spike adds 15% harm
Icy scimatar adds 15% harm
when you make them with runic hammer you can get double spell
last time i tried they didnt stack so you couldnt get 65% but could get 2 diff kinds that adds too 65% and if you can imbue that after dunno prolly could just raise the 15?

D

DarkScripture

Now the idea of making these SUPER artie imbued weapons CURSED and non insurable, well that would be the most awesome thing to ever happen in UO.. You run a SUPER high risk of lossing said item in combat..

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how about that:

for ALL PoF haters,for all who dont like more durability,i have a simple solution
DONT USE PoF

isn´t that simple?

if you love to run with 50 dura,then do it !

to say it more clear, dont insure anything and dont PoF anything,i bet thats the fun you searching for ;)

I'm see myself more as a crafter lover who would like to keep selling stuff then to wait when all the 255 durability items are wearing out...... uhm like never!