• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Imbuing Changes Going to Test Center 1 Today!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings!

Today we will be releasing the Imbuing overhall we have been working on to go live with Publish 62.3.7. We encourage those interested to hop onto TC1 this week to check it out, we want to get this hammered out before it goes live and as you can see we've made some significant improvements!

Below you will find all of the notes, enjoy and see you on Test Center!

More...

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG new publish numbering.
62.3a
62.3b
where are 62.3c and 62.3.6 ?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ROFL omg ... Imbuing is going to be so ****ing easy now ... you can imbue special material items? You get more per unravels AND skill gain checks? Man ... UO just officially made 120 imbuing and relics common.

Hahaha. :popcorn:

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that means that if your runic adds damage to your weapon, it won't count as a runic property.

N

Nastia Cross

Special Material Item Changes

- Items made from or enhanced with special materials can now be imbued.

- This only applies to new items created after this change.

- Artifacts can now be imbued.

PLEASE NO

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will there ever be an option to imbue damage types?

Since damage type is no longer a mod when crafting, will it count as a mod for imbuing?

T

Turles

will replicas be able to be imbued since artis will be?

U

UOKaiser

LoL this gonna be interesting.. Do you ever get the feeling that the ones doing and making imbuing changes and imbuing concept only play UO for PVP,RP or Bank sitting and nothing else? It's just a weird feeling I get.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I dont think this is going to be good .... the bags great no problem ...they basicly made imbuing the most powerful craft in the game and at the same time made it very easy to master ... this also seems to mean that from now on you can creat a enhanced item then imbue it with no breakage (thats how i read it)

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sigh*

Guess everyone will have a 120 Imbuer now, and the only difference between the new ones and the ones who actually worked for it will be a case of Carpal Tunnel.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had a "warning will robinson" moment myself when reading this. All I can say is test the hell out of it and report it :)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
LoL this gonna be interesting.. Do you ever get the feeling that the ones doing and making imbuing changes and imbuing concept only play UO for PVP,RP or Bank sitting and nothing else? It's just a weird feeling I get.
that's kinda what i was thinking that or they are finally letting the reigns loose and giving everyone what they want which is a bad sign for the longevity of uo in my opinion !

Dude1598

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow no one should ever GM or 120 a skill right away and put all your hard work into it. Just wait a few months and EA will just about hand it to you.

I am highly against all these changes

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Wow no one should ever GM or 120 a skill right away and put all your hard work into it. Just wait a few months and EA will just about hand it to you.

well guess i will go test and form a opinion then but my gut tells me bad idea

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Oh please, the first ones to GM-120 it, did it while sleeping, I don't care what they say...

U

UOKaiser

Oh please, the first ones to GM-120 it, did it while sleeping, I don't care what they say...
Oh hell no I take offence to that.. It took day and night but it was a rough ride. See if you can do it sleeping.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pfft, get real. I did it in the first 3 or 4 days all by hand. I did not even use a UOA macro. And seeing as how UO was scripter free for at least a week after SA launched it would seem that you have no idea what you are talking about.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
skill gain change - big NO!
imbuing special material items - ok, since material bonuses not stack (tried to imbue max luck on spined tunic and got just 100 luck item)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
the menu is alot better thats a plus also can only imbue artifacts if they are less then 500 atleast thats what i am seeing so far

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mmm imbued artifacts, now time to rehall a few suits of armor *laughs menacingly*

jradar71

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the menu is alot better thats a plus also can only imbue artifacts if they are less then 500 atleast thats what i am seeing so far
True..they sort of touched on this in the update by saying "most artifacts are over the property limit anyway" or something to that affect.

This won't be good though.

W

Wilde1

nice changes! To those of you who are freaking out about special mats/arties, remember there is still the properties cap. most arties and top end runic items will not be imbuable because of the cap.

OTOH, enhancing a maxxed out imbued item made from a regular material does allow you to break the cap (tho usually it breaks the item instead, heh).

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
skill gain change - big NO!
imbuing special material items - ok, since material bonuses not stack (tried to imbue max luck on spined tunic and got just 100 luck item)
Agreed. Most of the changes in are just fine... imbuing special material items and artifacts under 500 intensity... great. More resources... No problem. User interface upgrades... awesome. But all these changes to increase skill gain are just crazy. It is supposed to be hard. If I could do it 100% by hand in the first 3 days with the horrible user interface, farming all of my own materials, without the use of a single macro, then this skill should NOT be made any easier to 120. Sure it was a pain, but its easily the MOST POWERFUL crafter skill in the game. It SHOULD be hard to 120. Between the changes to the UI and the increased chance to gain, this is going to be a joke.

jradar71

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OTOH, enhancing a maxxed out imbued item made from a regular material does allow you to break the cap (tho usually it breaks the item instead, heh).
True.. but now they have changed it so that you can imbue the item after enhancing it. Atleast that is the way I read it.

S

Stupid Miner

Since damage type is no longer a mod when crafting, will it count as a mod for imbuing?
sounds like they're giving us one better. Making existing damage conversion properties not count toward anything. So it's a free property now for weapons that have it.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
True.. but now they have changed it so that you can imbue the item after enhancing it. Atleast that is the way I read it.
looks like you will still have the 500 cap so enhancing first will subtract from your cap
so if you enhance with say ash to get 10ssi that will count towards your cap

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sounds like they're giving us one better. Making existing damage conversion properties not count toward anything. So it's a free property now for weapons that have it.
It doesn't really say that, it just says it won't count as a mod when crafting. It doesn't mention for Imbuing or Unraveling. Currently non phys damage counts as a property when you try to imbue something, but it doesn't count as a property when unraveling. It should/needs to be consistent.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
i have no problem with that ;-)
i wonder how thats going to effect getting relics from items though? i get alot of mine from items that have damage conversion (it counts as 100%)

B

Brucie Kibbutz

awful lot of whining here.

Honestly, someone explain to me what the issue is with regular non-powergamers that don't pay cash for gold getting their hands on good items? Imbuing was their opportunity, and all everyone does is complain and get it whittled away into nothing.

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is really not true. Alot of us did it by hand.
I did it by hand too. But I like these changes, after doing it on one shard I really don't want to do it again. Started an Imbuer on Cats 3 weeks ago and am only at 60.1. I may now wait for changes to take place ;)

As for the rest of it, I can see why some people hate the changes. After all they've been getting rich selling Imbued Items, with these changes more people might make their own Imbuer. Even if they don't make their own Imbuer, Imbuing prices will come way down with the proposed changes. I for one think that's a good thing.

Just My Two Cents Worth
:stir::gee::thumbup1:

Amren

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
did this really need to be made easier?

crafting in UO is a joke since it's all so easy.

U

UOKaiser

awful lot of whining here.

Honestly, someone explain to me what the issue is with regular non-powergamers that don't pay cash for gold getting their hands on good items? Imbuing was their opportunity, and all everyone does is complain and get it whittled away into nothing.
It unbalance things. You need to work for your abilities or spend time on them. Things being handed to everyone will make achievements,long term goals,and value of abilitiess worthless.With no objectives nothing to strive for uo becomes bank sitter paradise.
If everyone in the world is ugly how would they know they are if nobody is pretty.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also have a legendary imbuer but I'm really looking forward to these changes. This is really going to help players who want imbuing for the bonus to mysticism. I tested out the new menu and I think they did a great job on it. :)

U

UOKaiser

I did it by hand too. But I like these changes, after doing it on one shard I really don't want to do it again. Started an Imbuer on Cats 3 weeks ago and am only at 60.1. I may now wait for changes to take place ;)

As for the rest of it, I can see why some people hate the changes. After all they've been getting rich selling Imbued Items, with these changes more people might make their own Imbuer. Even if they don't make their own Imbuer, Imbuing prices will come way down with the proposed changes. I for one think that's a good thing.

Just My Two Cents Worth
:stir::gee::thumbup1:
And then when the prices come down those with billions stay with billions cause all we need to do is spend pennys for anything we want and no real gold changes hands to other poorrer players who spend the time to go gather ingrediants a whole day of gathering to make maybe 200k with prices down. If more items continue to go down in price no poor player will ever make any gold to even dream of catching up to us vets.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we get a command to get 10k loyalty points to get access to the queens soulforge?

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
looks like you will still have the 500 cap so enhancing first will subtract from your cap
so if you enhance with say ash to get 10ssi that will count towards your cap
Hmm sounds like a trade off then. The other option is to imbue first, then attempt to enhance it and possibly break it.

W

Wilki

No. Damage type is called "damage conversion" internally, which is what those lines in the patch notes are referring to. Basically, it doesn't count towards imbuing, unraveling or even as a rolled mod when crafting with runics.

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This looks good to me.
I don't mind some people having it somewhat easier than me, it's a game.

I only hope relics will be made more common, I'm a crafter and hate not being able to sell wares because I don't have the resources to craft them.

And it's good to see they're working on making the game better, thank you :grouphug:

X

XebozZ

The bonus to durability is not considered in the total intensity of an item. Since some special materials add durability as an item property, we did not want those special materials to be less attractive in combination with the imbuing system.
Please also treat lower requirements like durability... Gold and Dull Copper have those

U

UOKaiser

This looks good to me.
I don't mind some people having it somewhat easier than me, it's a game.

I only hope relics will be made more common, I'm a crafter and hate not being able to sell wares because I don't have the resources to craft them.

And it's good to see they're working on making the game better, thank you :grouphug:
Think about it. The reason wares sell is because not everyone can do it. The difficulty goes with the trouble of getting relics,items and training the skill.
Now if everyone can easily get relics,train the skill and get the items why would anybody ever buy from you unless you sell for peanuts that you can get farming a few mid level creatures. As a person wanting to sell your goods you want difficulty,rarety,and less people with your abilitie for less competition so you can make money from it or else there is no reason other than to outfit your characters and go pvp.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No. Damage type is called "damage conversion" internally, which is what those lines in the patch notes are referring to. Basically, it doesn't count towards imbuing, unraveling or even as a rolled mod when crafting with runics.
Can't picture exactly how the imbuing changes will pan out, so I'll have to have a play on TC - but I'm pleased to see you're still here working on it! ;)

U

UOKaiser

Checked it on test. Not many of the useful artifacts qualify and enhancing is no big thing. The easyness of unraveling till legendary is kindoff can I say dev you kindoff crazy there? Oh man 120 legendary imbuers while they literaly sleep.