• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Imbuing Changes Going to Test Center 1 Today!

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After a bit of testing all the artifacts, the only imbuable ones (less than 450 weight value) are:

Taskmaster: 400
Dryad bow: 378
Daimyo's helm: 342
Gloves of the sun: 436 (yeah, 14 points isn't much, but fits the criteria)
Polar bear mask: 365
Orcish visage: 277
Gloves of the pugilist: 352
Wildfire bow: 388
Windsong: 262
Bonesmasher: 220

I couldn't test the 10th anniversary arties (and won't do the math... lazy ya know), but of those listed above, the only one which bears looking at in my opinion is the daimyo's helm.

One thing we can't test on TC (because the weapons don't exist to my knowledge) are the "general's" weapons, specifically the bows. According to my calculation, the best 50 SSI crossbow (50 SSI/30 HLD/50 DI) has only 361 weighted-points. Adding a lightning or velocity or reducing the DI and adding both could cause a serious balance issue... at least as long as those weapons still exist (which could be a long time).
more than that berzerker maul is one i know you can,some you have to lower,legs of bane umm let me go check if someone wants to start to make a list

N

Nastia Cross

There are already caps in place, so implementing a system like what you mention doesn't really seem necessary to me. Why have special items that have properties they normally can't if you are going to penalize them further. It does take creativity, skill and luck to work these pieces into a suit already. I don't see a need for even more weight.
...try adding 100 lrc to your suit in addition to the rest of your mods...we refer to this as a mage suit. :dunce:
I've made 4 awesome mage suits for myself since imbuing dropped so reserve your snide comments to yourself. Did you even read what I was commenting on?

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
charged assassins spike adds 10% lighting
wounding assassin spike adds 15% harm
Icy scimatar adds 15% harm
when you make them with runic hammer you can get double spell
last time i tried they didnt stack so you couldnt get 65% but could get 2 diff kinds that adds too 65% and if you can imbue that after dunno prolly could just raise the 15?
This has not worked since the mysterious stranger days in haven. The devs took away the ability to craft double hit spell on melee weps.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've made 4 awesome mage suits for myself since imbuing dropped so reserve your snide comments to yourself. Did you even read what I was commenting on?
It wasnt snide at all...we call that humor here. I was saying something to show another poster that on top of all else LRC must be attained by the mage.

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After a bit of testing all the artifacts, the only imbuable ones (less than 450 weight value) are:

I couldn't test the 10th anniversary arties (and won't do the math... lazy ya know), but of those listed above, the only one which bears looking at in my opinion is the daimyo's helm.

One thing we can't test on TC (because the weapons don't exist to my knowledge) are the "general's" weapons, specifically the bows. According to my calculation, the best 50 SSI crossbow (50 SSI/30 HLD/50 DI) has only 361 weighted-points. Adding a lightning or velocity or reducing the DI and adding both could cause a serious balance issue... at least as long as those weapons still exist (which could be a long time).
totem of spirit,holy knight breast,blade of insanity,arms of tactics,exiler,artic death dealer,ring of vile,cold blood,hanzos bow,midnight bracers,jacks collar,.........

D

Der Rock

I'm see myself more as a crafter lover who would like to keep selling stuff then to wait when all the 255 durability items are wearing out...... uhm like never!
hmm,good point :)
but the demand will be high for a long long time,keep in mind 2-5 acc average uo player, many with much more :)

most thing i hate is if we fall back to stone age where we had to restuff 30-50% of the playtime,that is simply boring :(

i could life with,pvm as it is right now and fell and pvp you lose double amount of dura
(would be the same as 120 dura limited)
(and red players NO insurance,you know,risk vs. reward)
;)

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was thinking wouldn't be nice if we could unravel the pixie swatter and put Fey slayer property on a bow or sword.

Also unravel the dagger with wolf slayer on it and slap wolf slayer on some different weapons since that dagger isn't even UBWS... Wolf slayer would be very handy to kill the Gnaw especially if the little booger spawns as a paragon! (Paragon Gnaw = crazy, rabid dire wolf)

Only other slayer property I'd like to see is one that works on particularly annoying and repugnant types like greifers and certian "Spambots" at Luna bank. That's just my little UO fantasy not anything that I ever expect to see come to fruitation. A gal can dream, can't she?

(Starts humming the Beach Boys' "Wouldn't It Be Nice")

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm,good point :)
but the demand will be high for a long long time,keep in mind 2-5 acc average uo player, many with much more :)

most thing i hate is if we fall back to stone age where we had to restuff 30-50% of the playtime,that is simply boring :(

i could life with,pvm as it is right now and fell and pvp you lose double amount of dura
(would be the same as 120 dura limited)
(and red players NO insurance,you know,risk vs. reward)
;)

We need to find (and thats tricky) the road between a item (armor/weapon) that last long enough to enjoy for a while when made and items that eventualy needs to be replaced after a time.

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has not worked since the mysterious stranger days in haven. The devs took away the ability to craft double hit spell on melee weps.
just found a icy scimy with 15 harm,38 fireball,life leech,mana leech,and dam increase that would be imbuable i know i have more,forget how to copy pic or id show ya,dunno didnt realize i made it that long ago but i still have it lol?still would be able to imbue.....its only 5 properties

U

UOKaiser

just found a icy scimy with 15 harm,38 fireball,life leech,mana leech,and dam increase that would be imbuable i know i have more,forget how to copy pic or id show ya,dunno didnt realize i made it that long ago but i still have it lol?still would be able to imbue.....its only 5 properties
5 mods you will only be able to change some of it's mods if your intensity is not too high. you won't be able to change the hit spells as that will replace both mods.

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5 mods you will only be able to change some of it's mods if your intensity is not too high. you won't be able to change the hit spells as that will replace both mods.
your right and in the pub notes it says only newly made stuff i think

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
totem of spirit,holy knight breast,blade of insanity,arms of tactics,exiler,artic death dealer,ring of vile,cold blood,hanzos bow,midnight bracers,jacks collar,.........
Sprit of Totem: total 618 points (weighted)
Holy Knight's Breastplate: 533 points
Blade of Insanity: 616 points
Arms of Tactical Excellence: 5 properties already on
Exiler: 489 points
Arctic Death Dealer: 5 properties already on
Ring of the Vile: 578 points
Cold Blood: 582 points
Hanzo's Bow: 421 points (all right, got me there, you can imbue something small on it)
Midnight Bracers: 555 points
Jackals Collar: 552 points

All values are from attempting to imbue these items on test center, all tests were done today.

From your other post:
Berserker's Maul: 515 points
Leggings of Bane: 756 points

I suppose you do have a point in that if you lower an attribute on some of those items, you can add another, i.e. lower DI on Berserker's Maul and you can add in a little HLD or hit-spell. But most artifacts have enough weighted points that even reducing traits won't allow you to add in anything new.

Question: Should I post the incomplete list of all artifact weights as currently shown on TC's imbuing gump? (I had to take a short cut on the ML arties as I was out of time and only recorded the under-450 items)

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sprit of Totem: total 618 points (weighted)
Holy Knight's Breastplate: 533 points
Blade of Insanity: 616 points
Arms of Tactical Excellence: 5 properties already on
Exiler: 489 points
Arctic Death Dealer: 5 properties already on
Ring of the Vile: 578 points
Cold Blood: 582 points
Hanzo's Bow: 421 points (all right, got me there, you can imbue something small on it)
Midnight Bracers: 555 points
Jackals Collar: 552 points

All values are from attempting to imbue these items on test center, all tests were done today.
Berserker's Maul: 515 points
Leggings of Bane: 756 points

I suppose you do have a point in that if you lower an attribute on some of those items, you can add another, i.e. lower DI on Berserker's Maul and you can add in a little HLD or hit-spell. But most artifacts have enough weighted points that even reducing traits won't allow you to add in anything new.

Question: Should I post the incomplete list of all artifact weights as currently shown on TC's imbuing gump? (I had to take a short cut on the ML arties as I was out of time and only recorded the under-450 items)
drop some thing and add something,you can raise something i can show you on test or if someone wants to explain how to post pic i can do that

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
drop some thing and add something,you can raise something i can show you on test or if someone wants to explain how to post pic i can do that
I agree that you can do that (as I said in the previous post).

That does bring up the next logical question and the purpose of this discussion:

Can you remove properties to add more and create a super-powerful, therefore imbalanced item?
For example, you can remove DI from a dryad bow and add in velocity and lightning to have a double spell 50 SSI bow (that's one example that you can definitely do).

So what are others that you can think of?

T

Thangorodrim

Unless something has been changed, you cannot remove properties with imbuing.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Double hit spell is only possible on bows, velocity and one of the "normal" spells.
sorry but your wrong about that i have weapons with double hit spell on them made from elf weapons, you cant get 2 with 50 but you can get one with 50 and one with 15......exsample 50 lighting and 15 harm but you must have the recipe
This made on prodo shard. Still no dev response even on internal beta boards.

TheLetterQ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about allowing us to unravel set pieces for a relic frag?

I'd be just as happy to remove the ability to imbue artifacts all together. I don't use them anyay.

Q

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They're all imbueable.
Thank you Stupid Miner, I wasn't sure if replicas were added (I have my eye on the Djinni Ring!) which is why I asked ... being I assume replicas are hard to test on Test Center (I know I wouldn't want to spawn that much for items that would be deleted, hehe).

Thanks Farsight -- a few things, as long as this isn't retroactive, since the old War Forks have better base damage ... that should be fine ... and as others have noted, the Daimyo, with the SSI, and Dryad ... yeah ... but I do wonder about Replicas ... the General bows are concern too I guess we won't know about that stuff unless it hits Origin ...

I'd love if Bonemashers are suddenly overpowered though ;) haha ...

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apologize if people have posted info on Replicas yet here's my findings so far:

Djinni's Ring (432.08%, Ring): 2 FC, 10 SDI, 5 INT
::::: Can alter a bunch on this one. Say hello to some 4/6 Chivs :).
Oblivion's Needle (481.67%, Dagger): 40 DI, 20 HCI, -20 DCI, Stam 20, Hit Stam 50
::::: Can't reduce DCI (or rather, can't raise DCI hehe), can raise DI to 49 without lowering anything but would need to lower Hit Stam to get DI to 50. Then again, you could go 20 DI, 20 HCI, 15 DCI, 8 Stam, Hit Stam 30.

Ones to check ... Orc Chieftain Helm, Royal Guard Survival Knife, Crown of Tal'Keesh

And do resist mods/damage splits matter on these: Captain John's Hat, Gauntlets of Anger, Gladiator's Collar, Brave Knight of The Britannia

W

Wilki

We've added an exception so that museum rewards are not imbuable. The way they were created makes it difficult for the imbuing system to handle them.

Also, the line "This only applies to new items created after this change." in the patch notes is supposed to be a sub-bullet for the line above it. To clarify, it only applies to items made from or enhanced with special materials, not artifacts or other items.

After further thought, a double weight penalty to properties on items that normally wouldn't have them is too harsh. However, it is still something we're looking at.

That said, another issue that we're looking at, and has been commented on in this thread, are properties that exceed the normal intensity cap, such as SSI on the general's bows. What are your thoughts on some penalty to weight for properties that exceed the normal intensity cap? It could either be a straight percentage to the entire amount, or perhaps just to the amount over the cap.

As always, we're looking forward to your feedback.

N

Nastia Cross

After further thought, a double weight penalty to properties on items that normally wouldn't have them is too harsh. However, it is still something we're looking at.

That said, another issue that we're looking at, and has been commented on in this thread, are properties that exceed the normal intensity cap, such as SSI on the general's bows. What are your thoughts on some penalty to weight for properties that exceed the normal intensity cap? It could either be a straight percentage to the entire amount, or perhaps just to the amount over the cap.
Why add more weight though? You're acting as if the weight over cap doesn't count or doesn't already add weight... it does. The system is fine as it is in that regard. We can't imbue over cap for anything (individually or as a whole) but we can craft special items that add certain things over cap or certain properties where they wouldn't normally be and we can also enhance to get resists or other properties over cap. All of these things are at a cost, whether it is in ML gems or possibly breaking the imbued item if enhancing fails. Those are risks/penalties enough.

W

Wilki

Why add more weight though? You're acting as if the weight over cap doesn't count or doesn't already add weight... it does. The system is fine as it is in that regard. We can't imbue over cap for anything (individually or as a whole) but we can craft special items that add certain things over cap or certain properties where they wouldn't normally be and we can also enhance to get resists or other properties over cap. All of these things are at a cost, whether it is in ML gems or possibly breaking the imbued item if enhancing fails. Those are risks/penalties enough.
Because of the limited number of item slots that some properties can be applied to normally, there is a "soft cap" for some properties as far as realistic use is concerned.

Lets say you found 3 items that had SSI in slots where it naturally doesn't belong. Of those 3 items, only one of them was commonly used, as the other two were lesser artifacts that sacrificed too much for players to consider using them for the extra SSI.

The same goes for items that allow properties to exceed the normal caps, as that acts in much the same fashion as having it on an item slot where it normally doesn't belong, except in that case, it doesn't even take up an extra property slot.

However, if you allow them to be imbued without any additional penalties, suddenly they're now being used in combinations that weren't practical or competitive before.

That's what I'm worried about.

N

Nastia Cross

Because of the limited number of item slots that some properties can be applied to normally, there is a "soft cap" for some properties as far as realistic use is concerned.

Lets say you found 3 items that had SSI in slots where it naturally doesn't belong. Of those 3 items, only one of them was commonly used, as the other two were lesser artifacts that sacrificed too much for players to consider using them for the extra SSI.

The same goes for items that allow properties to exceed the normal caps, as that acts in much the same fashion as having it on an item slot where it normally doesn't belong, except in that case, it doesn't even take up an extra property slot.

However, if you allow them to be imbued without any additional penalties, suddenly they're now being used in combinations that weren't practical or competitive before.

And that pretty much sums up why I'm against imbuing artifacts. If you want to institute an extra penalty when imbuing artifacts, I would be all for that. But craftable/enhanceable items should not be penalized.

And by the way, wasn't the whole idea behind imbuing artifacts to make the lower end ones more useful?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hm why not just make imbuing easier for people to train, and take artifacts off the table for now. Improve the menu, make gains and unravel returns better, deal with arties later?

U

UOKaiser

We've added an exception so that museum rewards are not imbuable. The way they were created makes it difficult for the imbuing system to handle them.

Also, the line "This only applies to new items created after this change." in the patch notes is supposed to be a sub-bullet for the line above it. To clarify, it only applies to items made from or enhanced with special materials, not artifacts or other items.

As always, we're looking forward to your feedback.
I don't see it as too much of a issue. Either they stay useless or they become useful there really is no in between with them. Restrict it and nobody will bother. Don't restrict it and non archers complain. Whch is always the case with pvp and everyne complaining over some other template thats not theres. Just balance the other templetes up to compete with each other eventually you gonna increase another templates power anyway. Templates is a funny word in UO as Uo is not meant to be WOW and not suppose to restrict your choices of combine skills go figure.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Fenrir the wolf has swallowed the sun and we are plunged into the age of Ragnarok.

When has new additions ever been balanced. You would have to spend a year or more looking at thousands of items in the game to put band-aid on everything, which is more than impractical. There are probably a few Band-Aids you can do, but how? You target one class, but don't Band-Aid the other and you bias the system.

Personally I would have taken a different perspective...Artifacts came from sometime long ago when powers were unbalanced by the volatile blackrock. Keitel the blacksmith/tinker discovered after applying a small amount of blackrock to a bracelet, Storri would later imbue, made the magic property intensity strange and of unworldly form. And so was born unto Sosaria the Bracelet of Health.

Basically, let Sosaria adapt. You have unleashed an amazing ability for crafters to be reborn. In the beginning probably every character started out as a crafter or fishing or whatever. You have breathed new life into the game. Let it take shape and don’t be afraid of the crafters creating a new variation of the world.

We are at a point where we can make challenging weapons of artifact grade. Who cares if crafters are making artifact grade weapons? Artifacts were introduced in a time where very few limited groups controlled them. Think of it this way…a new player can get in the game and compete against people like me that have played since the birth of Sosaria.

Your imagination is your friend and think outside of the box of band-aids,

-Lorax

Saint of Killers

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't see it as too much of a issue. Either they stay useless or they become useful there really is no in between with them. Restrict it and nobody will bother. Don't restrict it and non archers complain. Whch is always the case with pvp and everyne complaining over some other template thats not theres. Just balance the other templetes up to compete with each other eventually you gonna increase another templates power anyway. Templates is a funny word in UO as Uo is not meant to be WOW and not suppose to restrict your choices of combine skills go figure.
I play dexxer templates 99% of the time, 1/3 of which is on archer variants. Even I think imbuing arties is stupid. Don't get me wrong, I'll try to benefit from it, but it's just dumb.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hm why not just make imbuing easier for people to train, and take artifacts off the table for now. Improve the menu, make gains and unravel returns better, deal with arties later?
I am going to have to agree with this one, although I am also against making training imbue easier. Some stuff SHOULD be hard, so one has a sense of accomplishment after achieving their goal.

U

UOKaiser

I play dexxer templates 99% of the time, 1/3 of which is on archer variants. Even I think imbuing arties is stupid. Don't get me wrong, I'll try to benefit from it, but it's just dumb.
Still you can't imbue most of all of them to usefullness anyway. At least not as useful as 500 intensity exeptional made items catered to each person need. Now that re4sources ar gonna get cheaper and training easier the arties don't stand a chance. Imbuing has push the top end runics to being cheap as hell to get better properties. With people have billlions to spend this is nothing to them and will have top end equipment anyway through imbuing or runics. Artifacts not a big deal when we all have caps in place anyway.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's so obvious that dexers would benefit even more from this imbuing change.
The issues here is complicated but it involves with certain MODS when stacked enough with the right tool(weapons in this case) it became stupid.

Currently we already have 90% of the archers running around with composite bow shooting at 1.5s per pop with 2 of the most powerful special in archery especially the ganking shot I mean moving shots. Have you tried to fight two disarm archers on your dexer/mage that needs a weapon for defense? Assuming the archers are running at equal speed as you (this means u cant run away from their attackable range) 1 Disarm and unless those two archers completely blow/suck/dc or ran out of ammo, you are dead.

And yes it's possible to have 1.25s swing composite now but you sacrifice too much other mods to use assassian's suit. Most likely assassian suit dexer dont have maxed LMC, very little regen, low hp/stam/mana. And it will change soon. Most smarter archers will have 1.25 cap speed on their comp bow soon and that wont come with too big of a penalty thanks to imbuing.

Oh well I wish the game is balanced, and mages clearly arent on par. But either way I will adapt, and I already have all my material needed to gimp out my archer even harder ready (capped hp/lmc/hci/dci, 100s mana, 55ssi, 50ep, all 70s). Regardless that I play an archer myself, but there's a reason why there are so many archers out there running around. :next:

S

Sir Kenga

Can you make an exception from this exception? :) I'd like to have Vesper collection jewelry imbueable (they come unmodded), it's really cool to have memorable ring or bracelet with me, when going hunt or elsewhere :)

O

olduofan

The issues here is complicated but it involves with certain MODS when stacked enough with the right tool(weapons in this case) it became stupid.

Currently we already have 90% of the archers running around with composite bow shooting at 1.5s per pop with 2 of the most powerful special in archery especially the ganking shot I mean moving shots. Have you tried to fight two disarm archers on your dexer/mage that needs a weapon for defense? Assuming the archers are running at equal speed as you (this means u cant run away from their attackable range) 1 Disarm and unless those two archers completely blow/suck/dc or ran out of ammo, you are dead.

And yes it's possible to have 1.25s swing composite now but you sacrifice too much other mods to use assassian's suit. Most likely assassian suit dexer dont have maxed LMC, very little regen, low hp/stam/mana. And it will change soon. Most smarter archers will have 1.25 cap speed on their comp bow soon and that wont come with too big of a penalty thanks to imbuing.

Oh well I wish the game is balanced, and mages clearly arent on par. But either way I will adapt, and I already have all my material needed to gimp out my archer even harder ready (capped hp/lmc/hci/dci, 100s mana, 55ssi, 50ep, all 70s). Regardless that I play an archer myself, but there's a reason why there are so many archers out there running around. :next:
Human

120 swords
120 parry
120 tactics
120 anatomy
120 healing
85 chivalry
35 focus
120 strength 130 hit points
150 dexterity 155 stamina
40 intelligence 45 mana
6 stamina regen
6 hit point regen
70 dci
75 hci
30/50 hld
100/115 di (with out spells)

edit- all 70 resist and fc 1 fcr 2

AND THIS GUY SUXS IN FEL

I will go up against an archer any day because the battle last longer then if it was a mage i fight archers all the time and die all the time from them but i never RUN from them!!! if i see a mage I RUN they are way over powered compered to my play style and many others

SO PLZ STOP CRYING UNTIL YOU HAVE PLAYED A MELEE WARRIOR
WE ARE THE WEAKEST IN FEL AND NEVER CRY LIKE YOU ALL DO :cursing:

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice a melee dexer that cant evade AND dont have resist.

Either way tho you should never die to mages because you can offscreen. You die to mages only because 1. You are cocky, and try to go for a kill shot when you are redlined. 2. You have 500+ ping that simply cant offscreen right. 3. You didnt use offscreen godmode when the mage get you low. 4. You cant play a dexer period.

I can already point out what you are doing wrong.
1. Chiv too high and 0/0 casting... wtf? waste of skill points, and unable to craft your suit correctly that works for a meleer.

2. As pure melee you either go resist or evasion (bushido) and you have neither... sigh... (also ninja/hiding/stealth)

3. If you really want to gimp urself and dont have resist and evasion you need to have meditation and high mana reg... you already made a sucky choice by playing a bad/stupid melee pvp template (no bushi no med) at least fit some med and mana reg so you get more special attempts and better mana vamp recovery. And you still dont.

4. 45 mana? omfg seriously? you really going to pvp like that? Please people say something.

5. 75hci................ you just wasted 2 mods (260 intensity on something completely useless over 45). That's probably 10 people total across all UO shards using hit lower attack intentionally weapon.

6. Zero(0) lmc? Zero(0) Mana Reg?

7. Your 130 hp is below average, 150dex w/ 155 stam blows, and 45 mana is less than half than most dexers have nowdays...

and so on. (there's a lot you can improve).

You are not playing relatively close as effective as the bottom end (the bad) PvPers. YOUR DEXER is amazingly weak due to weak/badly constructed template AND suit. It's not that dexers are underpowered. And on top of that archer is also dexers, about 1/3 to 1/4 of all archers in game also have melee weapon skill too.

G

georgemarvin2001

Blacksmith and leather enhancing of imbued items won't make much difference. Even valorite ingots just add 13 resist, and barbed leather only adds 12. Neither of those would make much of a difference. However, when they reworked woodcrafting for ML, the Devs made woodcrafting enhancing ultra-powerful. They never did increase the other crafts to make them anywhere near as potent. Imbue your armor first, then enhance with bloodwood for an extra 18 resist AND hpr 2, then imbue a bokuto and add 2 hpr AND 16% life leech with bloodwood. You end up with some really uber items with bloodwood. I can see plenty of reasons to enhance wood items AFTER imbuing, despite the tremendous amount of risk; we end up with a 650-700 range item that's better than any of the major artifacts in several cases.

My future suit:
A MATCHING! suit, all GM made, all bloodwood, all 70s: you need 350 points of total resistance for all 70s. If you keep making regular pieces till you get just the right resists in the right place, you can use all 108 points that enhancing 6 pieces with bloodwood will give. By having arms lore, each piece has 40 resist to begin with, total 240. Add the 108 points for enhancing the 6 pieces with bloodwood, and a veteran cloak, and you don't have to use one single imbuing point to get to 350.

REMEMBER: Imbue first, then enhance; if you enhance first, you lose the extra benefits from imbuing. Of course, when you enhance, there's close to a 90% chance that it'll pop. But that's the risk you have to take to get truly uber stuff.

I'm going to Imbue each piece for:
3x stamina regen
2x hit point regen
7 stamina
7 mana
5 hit points

Then enhance to get the extra 2x hit point regen per piece, total 4 hpr per piece after enhancing.

Then I'll add a ring and bracelet with:
HCI 15
DCI 15
DI 45
dex 7
str 7
on each
and I'll keep using my old 8/15/14 reflect/HCI/DCI shield, from before they removed hci from all the new ones that spawn. I've been offered a fortune for mine; think I'll keep it.

That will make my warrior's uber suit's totals:
all 70s
18 stamina regen
24 hit point regen
42 stamina
42 mana
30 hit points
dex 14
str 14
DI 90
HCI 45
DCI 44
reflect 8

Swinging a Bokuto with 15 hci, 15 dci, 30 ssi, 40 di, and 45% lightning, plus enhanced with Bloodwood for 2x HPR and 16% life leech.

Which will make my total offense:
60 HCI, 59 DCI, 130 DI, 30 SSI, 45% lightning, 16% life leech.

I think I'm going to like imbuing. A lot. Of course, that suit will cost a major fortune in materials, especially since I'll probably pop like 100 of them trying to enhance them. I'm guessing I'll have like 100-200 million in materials by the time it's done. I'll probably have to spend 20 million just buying bottles of powder of fortification; it'll take about 20 applications of it for every piece of armor that I pop while trying to enhance it. It'd be bad to spend a fortune making that suit, then lose it because I didn't have enough left to insure it. LOL

Questions for Wilki: What are the current caps for HCI, DCI, DI and SSI? And the current cap for stamina/dexterity? If I'll be over the caps for anything, I'll need to change some of those to keep everything under the caps. For instance, I could add magic resist skill instead of hci/dci or damage. Also, do you know what the odds of success in enhancing each piece of that suit will be for a GM carpenter?

P

pgcd

Did someone try to actually unravel relics on TC1? According to Item ID (since I can't be bothered doing the loyalty stuff again), nothing short of verite hammers will craft relic-class items dependably.
The "damage increase doesn't count when unraveling" thing changes everything, I'm afraid - especially since it really looks like, when a rolled runic damage increase is lower than the 35/40 from exceptional (which means less than 70% intensity), it gets "overwritten" by the exceptional one, and discarded.
Either that or I've been very unlucky with bronze hammers, since I had a few pieces with only two properties (other than the DI for exceptional).

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3. You didnt use offscreen godmode when the mage get you low.
Hmm, seems to me this is actually a move mages do MORE then warriors. How many times you see a mage stand toe to toe next to a dexer? Um, never. Mages run all over the place, and sure they have to stop for a split second to cast a heal... or they simply chug pots. But mages, like archers can do massive damage over distance. Dexers need to be standing right on top of you.

No, mages are the ones with "god mode". The only reason a mage should EVER die to a dexer is if ...
1. You are cocky, and try to go for a kill shot when you are redlined. 2. You have 500+ ping that simply cant offscreen right. 3. You didnt use offscreen godmode when the dexer get you low. 4. You cant play a mage period.
It seems the only real complaint you have is against moving shot. And to be fair, that is really the only offense against a mage. Pretty much the only thing that keeps mages in some form of check. So get a disarmer on your side. Have someone disarm the archer and then go to town on them.

This is already balanced. Your complaining because mages have a weakness. EVERY template has a weakness. Thats the way it should be. Balance should never mean every template is exactly the same. It should mean that every template does well against some other template, and has a weakness against some other template.

In addition to all of that, most of the mages I see are running around with such high DCI that we dexers cant touch them. Even with 120 skill, max HCI, and max HLD I still miss a majority of the time. This gives mages all the room in the world to cast heals and still have plenty of time for offensive spells. No, mages are doing just fine, and they are no-where near the bottom of the ladder like you guys are making them out to be.

Saint of Killers

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This is twice now in this thread I've seen someone comment about dexxer/archers being too strong vs mages that use a (free skill) weapon.

Melee/Archer needs a minimum of:
Archery 120 (100 if they use a crappy HH)
Melee 120
Tactics 90

Those are minimums of necessary invested skill points. Factor in that if that archer doesn't have an absolute minimum of tacics 100/anat 100/DI80 (I prefer 120/120/100 obv) then the mage won't take enough damage from moving shots to die before he re-equips his "free" mage weapon again. Then factor in that if that melee/archer doesn't invest points into resisting spells, then the mage can mana-vamp away all of that archers specials before the fight even gets off the ground.

So look at the difference of skill points invested in that archer template compared to the "free" skill mage wep template. Any mage that cries about being disarmed by an archer really needs a reality check. Build a wrestle mage, you don't even need to invest 90 points into tactics to use the specials. Bonus!

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did someone try to actually unravel relics on TC1? According to Item ID (since I can't be bothered doing the loyalty stuff again), nothing short of verite hammers will craft relic-class items dependably.
The "damage increase doesn't count when unraveling" thing changes everything, I'm afraid - especially since it really looks like, when a rolled runic damage increase is lower than the 35/40 from exceptional (which means less than 70% intensity), it gets "overwritten" by the exceptional one, and discarded.
Either that or I've been very unlucky with bronze hammers, since I had a few pieces with only two properties (other than the DI for exceptional).
I did and item id is busted or unraveling is busted. I item id each piece that on the regular shard gives a relic and the result is enchanted essence, however, it unravels to a relic. I did this many times and once it was correctly enchanted essence.

I hope item id is busted in contrast to unraveling because I need lots more relics to make armor.

-Lorax

P

pgcd

I did and item id is busted or unraveling is busted. I item id each piece that on the regular shard gives a relic and the result is enchanted essence, however, it unravels to a relic. I did this many times and once it was correctly enchanted essence.

I hope item id is busted in contrast to unraveling because I need lots more relics to make armor.

-Lorax
I fear it's unravelling: using the public forge I just had a 438 intensity item unravel to an essence, and there was no damage increase of sorts.

Edit:
My bad - I didn't know that boomerangs had 120 max luck, so the actual intensity was lower. Still, there's something I'm not getting with DI.

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i found a bug that everyone will be crying about if this goes live,i really dont want to post it on here i cant stand the tears already, is there a dev i can explain it to?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
email the community address in the sticky at the top. Send in a bug report too.

G

georgemarvin2001

Overall, imbuing is the crafting skill that us really old-timers were begging for when the Devs of that period gave us AoS and ruined crafting as a viable play-style and made the weapons and armor system a nightmare of confusion and mismatched junk, instead.

We can now make armor and weapons which are as good as artifacts. We can make custom suits for players. And they won't be ugly, mismatched combinations of plate, leather, studded, and artifacts. They will all match. They will have our names on them. And they will eventually wear out. The Devs actually put some thought into the skill this time.

They also actually made the new skill complement the skills we've already trained, too. Unlike the changes to carpentry with the release of ML, which now allows players to make artifact-quality armor, while blacksmithing and tailoring don't have anything comparable. Even enhancing wood is massively overpowered, compared to the other two trade skills. Tailoring and blacksmithing just give 12 and 13 ar for the hardest-to-get materials. In carpentry, even the 2nd rarest, bloodwood, gives 18 ar plus hpr 2.

I like the idea of letting us imbue an item 20 times. It's a little too late for me, but making imbuing a little less costly wouldn't hurt. I've used exactly 20,000 residue and 13,812 amber and 26,528 citrines just to get it to 110.1. The residue is free, all I have to do is pick it up off of the myriad of Miasma corpses scattered all over the ground, but it does mean that I have to spend a lot of time in the Miasma area, where massive amounts of junk drops every 10 seconds, instead of exploring the Abyss. The gems, on the other hand, are really expensive. I will probably have spent about 4 million gold buying gems by the time I get imbuing up to legendary.

I also like the new menu. It's easy to find the properties I want to imbue. Resists do need to be changed to match those in the status bar, though.

While you're at it, can you make a new stats hotbar that has larger numbers in it for the EC? I have to lean forward to see the HP, stamina and mana remaining on my character while I'm fighting. It's one of the big advantages that the old client has over the new one. Also, what about larger boxes and a different color background in the loot compartments, and an option to let us keep legacy containers but use the neat new compartments for looting corpses and treasure chests? Remember that a lot of us are still using the 17" monitors that came with our computers, not those big 42" ones that you're evidently using. I tried looking at the numbers on one of those, and they're fine. It's just when we use a normal-sized monitor that the numbers are too small.

D

Der Rock

Can you make an exception from this exception? :) I'd like to have Vesper collection jewelry imbueable (they come unmodded), it's really cool to have memorable ring or bracelet with me, when going hunt or elsewhere :)
yes pls, and all collecting rewarda without modes,like clothes/sashes and such things :)

W

Wilki

So, after reading the feedback here, and thinking it over, I decide not to add any special weighting to properties over the normal intensity limit or in item slots where they normally aren't found.

I decided this for various reasons, including the argument that the additional properties outside the norm add flavor and fun to the game while still being subject to the normal rules of imbuing, to the general desire to limit special cases when at all possible.

That said, unfortunately there were a few more items that we found that aren't compatible with the imbuing system, either technically or for balance reasons, and they won't be allowed to be imbued. However, there are a lot less of those items than prior to the publish.

I hope you enjoy trying out the new combinations as much as I have :)

P

pgcd

So, after reading the feedback here, and thinking it over, I decide not to add any special weighting to properties over the normal intensity limit or in item slots where they normally aren't found.
Excellent choice! Now I can just hope that there is some way to obtain relic fragments this side of Doom artifacts...

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It unbalance things. You need to work for your abilities or spend time on them. Things being handed to everyone will make achievements,long term goals,and value of abilitiess worthless.With no objectives nothing to strive for uo becomes bank sitter paradise.
If everyone in the world is ugly how would they know they are if nobody is pretty.
So...let me get this straight:

You...the person that has absolutely no problem with any scripter, as they make thngs cheaper for all of us, and blah blah friggin blah that we hear from you...

You don't want the Devs to "cheapen" all the "hard work" that you put into it? You are kidding, right? I mean...srsly...you ARE kidding?

"With no objectives to strive for uo becomes a bank sitter paradise".

You mean...the kind of bank sitting or whatever you do, while your or any other cheaters script bots are out devaluing all of the hard work that people who REALLY sit at their computers doing the Actual Work in resource gathering, for example, get screwed out of? You mean...like that kind of "you need to work at your abilities" horse dung you want us all to swallow as you try to justify actual Cheating?

Good Lord...both sides of the mouth at the same time...

I am surprised that this doesn't flash on your screen, when you post this crap:

*Your Skill in Distributing Horse Dung Has Increased*

*You Are Now a Little Less Full of Crap Than You Were...But It'll Be Back in a Second*

:popcorn:

U

UOKaiser

So...let me get this straight:

You...the person that has absolutely no problem with any scripter, as they make thngs cheaper for all of us, and blah blah friggin blah that we hear from you...

You don't want the Devs to "cheapen" all the "hard work" that you put into it? You are kidding, right? I mean...srsly...you ARE kidding?

"With no objectives to strive for uo becomes a bank sitter paradise".

You mean...the kind of bank sitting or whatever you do, while your or any other cheaters script bots are out devaluing all of the hard work that people who REALLY sit at their computers doing the Actual Work in resource gathering, for example, get screwed out of? You mean...like that kind of "you need to work at your abilities" horse dung you want us all to swallow as you try to justify actual Cheating?

Good Lord...both sides of the mouth at the same time...

I am surprised that this doesn't flash on your screen, when you post this crap:

*Your Skill in Distributing Horse Dung Has Increased*

*You Are Now a Little Less Full of Crap Than You Were...But It'll Be Back in a Second*

:popcorn:
Your head is a little screwed up don't you think? Accusations,putting people down. Pretty much assuming every single merchant is a cheater. Having no idea about market. Even to a point of calling me a bank sitter which I clearly noted I have no idea why people do that? Yea you definetely need to reread my posts. I don't even see you taking a stance on your position in this just accusations? You are no merchant-crafter. What do you do just PVP?

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your head is a little screwed up don't you think? Accusations,putting people down. Pretty much assuming every single merchant is a cheater. Having no idea about market. Even to a point of calling me a bank sitter which I clearly noted I have no idea why people do that? Yea you definetely need to reread my posts.
I read your posts...did you read mine...key words Bolded for your edification:

So...if I am incorrect that you are the person on these boards that tells others to look at the benefits that Scripters bring to the game, in saved Carpal Tunnel, et al...then I do apologize.

But I am pretty sure that you have condoned or justified scripts and scripters (Cheating) in the past...which was my point, then.

YOU say "Scripting is OK...it doesn't hurt anyone"...then come on here crying about how it will cheapen the work needed to get 120 imbuing, if they put these changes in?

I am pretty sure I am on the mark...but if I am off base, I can accept that as well.

I am open minded...and hopefully not too forgetful... :)

I don't even see you taking a stance on your position in this just accusations? You are no merchant-crafter. What do you do just PVP?
I don't have a stance on it...because I take the game as it comes. I watched them sell advanced characters, after I developed all mine from scratch. That's the way it goes...didn't please me, but that's the way life goes.

If you are ever in Luna on Pac...you might drop by my house. It's pretty big. The vendors haven't been stocked in a while due to RL obligations, but if I am not a Merchant-Crafter, not sure what the 85 million is doing on my vendors.

Someone else musta done that to me...

Anyway...point is...not much fun to watch all your hard work just go away, is it? Next time you get a chance to chime in on Scripters that gather resources, before you tell us all how much they "Help" the game...you may want to recall this conversation, maybe.

Or...maybe not...:mf_prop: