• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Imbuing Changes Going to Test Center 1 Today!

S

Splup

Well... Making wep from ASH with 10 SSI, doesnt mean you can imbue it to 40. Making items of barbed leather doesnt mean you can imbue energy resist to 22.

So only thing this chances really is that now you can try enhancing the resists right before wasting resources on MR, LMC etc. So you only waste bourapelts...

Thou I didnt try this on Test Center so correct me if I'm wrong.

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The max durability of Imbued items should be 100/100 and be completely unrepairable. These items should ware out quick for a couple of reasons.

1) To create a constant demand for new imbued items.
2) To ensure that real (naturally spawning) items are always more attractive than imbued ones.

The current repair system for imbued items allows them to last for waaay too long even though you cant powder them.

...and do you know what would REALLY balance imbuing? CURSE THEM. Yep, thats right. You shouldn't be able to insure any imbued item. Easy come, easy go.

I would settle for the durability changes tho!
This for faction arties. :]

F

Fink

So only thing this chances really is that now you can try enhancing the resists right before wasting resources on MR, LMC etc. So you only waste bourapelts...

Thou I didnt try this on Test Center so correct me if I'm wrong.
You don't waste boura pelts at all. If you fail to imbue resists, you only lose residue (essence on bows) and regular gems. As far as I know the same is also true of all the special (third) ingredients; you don't lose them on fails.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far the only useful arties/tomarties that can be imbued are for dexxers, does anyone else get the impression that the Dev's are secretly playing as archers who are in rage about something? As if archers aren't already overpowered...

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what about 0-100% intencity mods are normal items; 101-120% intencity break for curesed tag and 3x rare stuff cost?

8% lmc = 5 Fragment, 10 Tourmaline, 10 Essence of Order;
9% lmc = 6 Fragment, 20 Tourmaline, 20 Essence of Order + cursed tag + durability lowered to 200;
10% lmc = 7 Fragment, 30 Tourmaline, 30 Essence of Order + cursed tag + durability lowered to 150;

X

XebozZ

You don't waste boura pelts at all. If you fail to imbue resists, you only lose residue (essence on bows) and regular gems. As far as I know the same is also true of all the special (third) ingredients; you don't lose them on fails.
you didnt understand what he was saying.

before this change you had to imbue every property on an armor piece then enhance it --> with the risk of losing it all

now you can imbue just the resists --> enhance and then imbue everything else afterwards

so you only risk losing whatever u used to imbue the resists

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far the only useful arties/tomarties that can be imbued are for dexxers, does anyone else get the impression that the Dev's are secretly playing as archers who are in rage about something? As if archers aren't already overpowered...
It has been this way and will continue to be this way. Mages get no love.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
true that!

S

Stupid Miner

It has been this way and will continue to be this way. Mages get no love.
You know it's mere coincidence that it panned out that way for this circumstance.

If Helm of swiftness wasn't mage armor (naturally medable) and didnt have 100% lower requirements, you'd have a very nice mage item right there.

The item having those properties, and having them actually matter would have been unforseeable when it was designed.

bards need love
12,000 dead turkeys beg to differ :p

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
true but they took the turkeys away and that was a late change also

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm ok with the changes.

The only way to exceed the imbuing cap is still to craft with leather/runic, imbue up to cap and then enhance with leather which still leaves breakage possible.

This is currently possible on production shards without the latest patch. No relics for this item. Used spined kit to make MR2 sleeves, imbued LRC, LUCK 100, Fire and Energy resist (up to like 485 intensity) then slapped on Spined leather for 6 physical and 40 more luck.

Not a bad piece for a spined kit and some gems and leather. Used PoF to take to 99 before imbuing.

Saint of Killers

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mages get this little thing called a "mage weapon" that they get to put in their hand and now have a defensive melee skill without needing to even put a real melee skill on their template.

So count that mage weapon as 100 points (since most of the pvp'ers use a -20 magery wep), and oh by the way, it's one handed and they can chug.

That mage now went from 720 total points to 820. My dexxers all have 720.

Who gets no love?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mages get this little thing called a "mage weapon" that they get to put in their hand and now have a defensive melee skill without needing to even put a real melee skill on their template.

So count that mage weapon as 100 points (since most of the pvp'ers use a -20 magery wep), and oh by the way, it's one handed and they can chug.

That mage now went from 720 total points to 820. My dexxers all have 720.

Who gets no love?

You are really going to try to argue that mages are overpowered and your hot dog finger 3 button mashing archer isn't?

There is only one template that has the potential to do 76 damage every 1.75 seconds (consistently, while never stopping to heal, never having to disarm to drink a potion).

Can you tell me what that template is?

Miss Smoocher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hell why work for anything when we can just play on test center like they are doing to our uo. just give us everything with out any really working for it.
wheres the challenge of earning what you get. when everyone else has what you have. no need to have hopes and dreams when everyone has it to.:rant2:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Anyone who has played this game for more than 2 or 3 years can tell you that its always changing one day the mage is on top then archers,then dexers then tamers etc and people will always complain when there favorite character is not the top its the way it is today its the way it was 10 years ago and its the way it will be next year!

personaly I like to play the ones that are not on top the most ! why! because I know they ae not getting hit with the nerph stick ... atleast for a while..

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Before I chime in, Wilki... is so awesome to see you posting! ^.^

I originally started playing UO as a seamstress.. and somehow over the years became a paladin. But still, I've always had a crafter tucked into my back pocket as I utterly love making things. Imbuing is now part of my crafter's skill set.. even if the carpal tunnel acted up in the process. :p I'm not legendary yet, as other priorities kinda dragged me from honing the skill.. but I do intend to get that 120 sometime.

Overall - I think the changes are good. As an "anti-Luna-prices" merchant, I do believe I'll be able to sell armor and weapons a bit easier now. I actually stopped vending them for the longest time for it was just near impossible to compete for the players' gold. Now, I might be able to compete with the arti-merchants. ^.^

I'm excited about the changes... thank you developers for all your hard work!

(not an arse-kissing... is sincere)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
You are really going to try to argue that mages are overpowered and your hot dog finger 3 button mashing archer isn't?

There is only one template that has the potential to do 76 damage every 1.75 seconds (consistently, while never stopping to heal, never having to disarm to drink a potion).

Fishing?

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Um, is it just me or is that logic flawed?

If the only artis that you can add to are for dexers, then what does that mean? It means these dexer artis suck and are below 450 intensity. You complain that you cant add to any of the mage artis... this means that they already have 500-600 intensity on them. How in the world do you translate that into favoritism to dexers.

So you're complaining that being able to imbue dexer artis up to 450 Intensity is unfair when mage artis come standard with 500-600 intensity already?

Saint of Killers

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do the math on a crystalline ring. What's that, like 900+ intensity? That's not even counting the fcr 3 ones in factions.

BTW, I'm barely on an archer anymore bunny. I'm generally on an in your face mage killer dexxer/ninja who rolls your clowns like no other.

U

UOKaiser

Before I chime in, Wilki... is so awesome to see you posting! ^.^

I originally started playing UO as a seamstress.. and somehow over the years became a paladin. But still, I've always had a crafter tucked into my back pocket as I utterly love making things. Imbuing is now part of my crafter's skill set.. even if the carpal tunnel acted up in the process. :p I'm not legendary yet, as other priorities kinda dragged me from honing the skill.. but I do intend to get that 120 sometime.

Overall - I think the changes are good. As an "anti-Luna-prices" merchant, I do believe I'll be able to sell armor and weapons a bit easier now. I actually stopped vending them for the longest time for it was just near impossible to compete for the players' gold. Now, I might be able to compete with the arti-merchants. ^.^

I'm excited about the changes... thank you developers for all your hard work!

(not an arse-kissing... is sincere)
How so? The prices will need to be lowered in luna cause more people will be able to make there own equipment and resources will be cheaper meaning they won't need merchants and crafters as much. The ones who will still buy will still go to luna for the convenience. If you sell goods in a alley don't expect traffic like a mall. The only ones that do go out to the boomdocks are resellers like me but if armor gets so cheap for any reason the armor-wep boomdock merchants won't have enough to even pay for there vender fees.
Besides I will never understand anti-luna sentiment it's a mall rent a spot on the mall and sell your goods not to difficult. I make newbie suits using dull runics and varies color ingots and always make 30k-60k profit in luna. Of course now things are changing so that will need to be adjusted. Probably gonna have to hike up prices on pof more to make differences in the price loss of the crafting skills.

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hell why work for anything when we can just play on test center like they are doing to our uo. just give us everything with out any really working for it.
wheres the challenge of earning what you get. when everyone else has what you have. no need to have hopes and dreams when everyone has it to.:rant2:
I agree wholeheartedly. Why make skills (any skill really) easier or easy to gain, it just makes it less valuable to have. It takes the challenge away...most people who play games like challenges.

M

MudFace

Fishing?
Fishing is two handed =P and seeing a trammy in fel with a fishing pole hook a red in the mouth and trying to reel him in would be funny :lol:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Do the math on a crystalline ring. What's that, like 900+ intensity? That's not even counting the fcr 3 ones in factions.

BTW, I'm barely on an archer anymore bunny. I'm generally on an in your face mage killer dexxer/ninja who rolls your clowns like no other.
So, then, mages are overpowered?

C

Coragin

I liked this thread better when it was about imbuing and not a e-peen waving contest on which template is better.

calibek

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will say the new Imbue Menu is MUCH better. I like how thing are divided and easier to find.

As for the changes I'm all for it. I have 95 Imbuing on my one char. This just will make life easier for me and everyone else who decides to go the imbuing route...

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm, I agree that mages need a little love. It would be nice to be able to Imbue Spell Books. The thought of my Wrestle Scribe mage holding a Spell book with 50% hit fireball, +15 hci/Dci 30ssi sounds interesting...

S

Splup

I'm afraid of all these items with SSI which can be imbued after this patch... Archers with 60 SSI+divine fury 70 SSI shooting 1,25 sek swings with composite bow... Oohh I can see the frustration already.

S

Stupid Miner

I'm afraid of all these items with SSI which can be imbued after this patch... Archers with 60 SSI+divine fury 70 SSI shooting 1,25 sek swings with composite bow... Oohh I can see the frustration already.
SSI is hard-capped at 60
Does it really matter? They already could anyway.

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You still won't be able to imbue beyond the cap. The only time you can take a property beyond it's cap is by imbuing *then* enhancing, which is how it currently stands, and you don't see these 60 SSI items now.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont think this is going to be good .... the bags great no problem ...they basicly made imbuing the most powerful craft in the game and at the same time made it very easy to master ... this also seems to mean that from now on you can creat a enhanced item then imbue it with no breakage (thats how i read it)
No no no, this changes are okay, they follow the same rules like the normal items follow, the weight of an artifact is based on the type maximum 500, so on most big artifacts are weigths like 700 - 800, so dont worry it get inbalanced.

And also crafting with special materials like horned, does not mean you can get enhanced items without lost, when you enhance an item with 19 fire for example it gets with horned +3 after enhancing, but if you craft it with horned its cap is also 19 and not 22, so also this is well balanced.

But i dont know why are all so angry about the general abilitie for people to train imbuing, imbuing makes for me UO a lot of more interesting, now you can play templates you never thought of in the past. The runic system itself is bad and everyone knows it. Rember the pre AoS times, at this time everyone could craft the armor himself, now it is the same, but better, now you can play with hunderts of magical mods and possibilities to play your character.

S

Splup

You still won't be able to imbue beyond the cap. The only time you can take a property beyond it's cap is by imbuing *then* enhancing, which is how it currently stands, and you don't see these 60 SSI items now.
Daimyo's helmet

SSI 10
Mage armor

So you can add either 2 or 3 extramods on it.

Turquoise Ring
Dmg inc 15
SSI 5

Add 3 extra mods + raise that dmg inc

Jade Armband replica:

HCI 10
DCI 10
SSI 5
Poison resist 20

Add one extra mod

Then add 40 ssi wep and ur 60 SSI.

If you can't get 70 SSI with divine fury thats good thou... I hope that hardcap rly is there.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good!

So now the casual gamer can have access to all the hi end pixels the powergamers hoard. That will make things less valuable....so not hard to replace if lost. Making it less of a PITA to play something like Siege since most are afraid to lose their GM armor.

I don`t see the problem with imbuing made cheap and easy since everyone has access to it and ultimately will make even hi end items available to all players....not just the rich ones.

Haha was just getting in before the inevitable flame wars :) hence the popcorn. I agree with Lynk, although perhaps without as much conviction (I haven't converted to parry quite yet), that being able to tinker arties will just make archers and dexxers better, although the Djinni, should it be imbueable, gives the mage a lot to chew on as well -- and at the very least, a reason to do rat spawns again (those rings were on the ground in the first few weeks, no one wanted them haha).

People who hoard, myself included, will hoard no matter how poor or rich they are. Since the game will now allow imbuing gains and success to be better, and we will have more flexibility on how to make the "perfect" item(s), that will mean more hoarding. Powder of fort was like as low as 35k on Chessy before imbuing, now the lowest I've seen is 150-200k, lol. More people making stuff with imbuing will just mean higher prices on powder and more people trying to get the special ingredients, which means less resources per person and higher prices on vendors for it all for awhile, because there are a lot less people who do BODs than there are people willing to hunt out imbue resources.

Oh, also, my friend, who hit 120 imbuing wicked fast, made me a ring maybe 1-2 weeks after the expansion, and since then my ring is only like 188/255 durability; let's say that's maybe a 2 months and 2 weeks time span, at least, and it's down only 67 points. That's about 0.91 loss a day, and I hit champ spawns and do peerless and all kinds of stuff daily. At this rate, it will take about 207 days, or nearly 7 months, for my ring to hit 0 durability, and of course, I'd repair it a few days prior and may or may not start at a new cap of 254. Make a ring, lasts 9 months without repair. Not bad, haha.

P

pgcd

Daimyo's helmet

SSI 10
Mage armor

So you can add either 2 or 3 extramods on it.

Turquoise Ring
Dmg inc 15
SSI 5

Add 3 extra mods + raise that dmg inc

Jade Armband replica:

HCI 10
DCI 10
SSI 5
Poison resist 20

Add one extra mod

Then add 40 ssi wep and ur 60 SSI.

If you can't get 70 SSI with divine fury thats good thou... I hope that hardcap rly is there.
Erm... First of all, turquoise rings are happily imbuable right now, but it's gonna take a while to craft one with SSI and no worthless properties.
And then, the most important things: Daimyo's Helms aren't currently available, and they won't be until the next ToT (if there is one). Armor takes a beating, so I think that in a few months there won't be many around, especially since I think it wasn't one of the most popular "keeper" minors.

As for Jade Armband, I think replicas can't be pof'ed, so you're stuck with 150 durability. Seeing as it doesn't seem to be even available on Europa right now (at least, I couldn't find it in Luna and a couple of my other usual shops), I wouldn't worry too much about it being standard fare for archers.

And, anyway - if you really want, there's the asssassin armor that allows you to have 60 SSI, and you can keep your M&S glasses as well.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Assume that if it's not explicitly disallowed, that you can now imbue it. One of the reasons we put this on the TC was to let you play around with the changes and see if there are any items out there that shouldn't be imbued.

So, if you find something that you feel is overpowered or shouldn't be allowed, let us know.
As of now, archers in this game make up the largest portion of the pvpers. The template has become the most potent template in the game due to changes made to runic kit intensities and also with the release of imbuing.

If you do not make exceptions to imbuing for archers and other melee temps, already overpowered templates will be able to add yet ANOTHER modifier to their already overpowered items.

Why is this so bad? If you remember back...archery was initially given the ability for double hit spell, ssi, and balance due to restrictions on armor, jewels, and weps. These restrictions no longer exist...so you are essentially making it tougher to play other templates by making archery even more potent.

Wilki, this game is supposed to maintain a semblance of balance...but without overhauling the CURRENT system dexxers are getting a win win situation. Not only will they enjoy the bene of higher dmg inc. on their current items, but you are allowing them an additional property as well (dmg inc no longer is considered a mod which equates to one more modifier PLUS 40 DI on item).

I suggest if you have time to check the faction boards at UO.com. Look at the overall standing and char types filling them. This will hopefully give you some idea of where the game stands pvp wise, and what your patch will do to the game.

I enjoy playing mage templates wilki, but with every patch you make this harder and harder to do so.

P

pgcd

(dmg inc no longer is considered a mod which equates to one more modifier PLUS 40 DI on item).
It's no longer considered a mod WHEN UNRAVELING. Now, unless not being able to get a residue from an oak bow is somehow an advantage for archers, I think you should reconsider at least this bit of your argument.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's no longer considered a mod WHEN UNRAVELING. Now, unless not being able to get a residue from an oak bow is somehow an advantage for archers, I think you should reconsider at least this bit of your argument.
Reread general changes as listed at the end of the patch notes. Dmg convert is no longer considered a property...this applies to both imbue and unravel.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As of now, archers in this game make up the largest portion of the pvpers. The template has become the most potent template in the game due to changes made to runic kit intensities and also with the release of imbuing.

If you do not make exceptions to imbuing for archers and other melee temps, already overpowered templates will be able to add yet ANOTHER modifier to their already overpowered items.

Why is this so bad? If you remember back...archery was initially given the ability for double hit spell, ssi, and balance due to restrictions on armor, jewels, and weps. These restrictions no longer exist...so you are essentially making it tougher to play other templates by making archery even more potent.

Wilki, this game is supposed to maintain a semblance of balance...but without overhauling the CURRENT system dexxers are getting a win win situation. Not only will they enjoy the bene of higher dmg inc. on their current items, but you are allowing them an additional property as well (dmg inc no longer is considered a mod which equates to one more modifier PLUS 40 DI on item).

I suggest if you have time to check the faction boards at UO.com. Look at the overall standing and char types filling them. This will hopefully give you some idea of where the game stands pvp wise, and what your patch will do to the game.

I enjoy playing mage templates wilki, but with every patch you make this harder and harder to do so.
I dont know... I would say that DI should NOT be counted as a mod unless you raise it to 50. Right now the bonus you get from exceptional and GM Arms Lore does more damage then good most of the time. The initial 40 DI should not be counted as one of the 5 properties. I know you guys want to use the argument that this favors dexers... but what about leather armor? For years mages have been running around in fully medable leather armor suits that have no drawback. Barbed leather runic kits have always been drastically easier to obtain then Val hammers, and there has been no real reason to make metal armor at all. So mages have been able to run around for years using med which allows them to cast more spells in a shorter time while not having to sacrifice anything on their armor, and now that dexers will be able to get a bonus on their equipment this is unbalancing?

Im sorry, but logically this actually IS a balance. If you want to count DI as a mod, then you should limit leather armor to 4 mods seeing as how it is medable, and therefore already has 1 mod inherently.

Now as for this change that was announced... I was under the impression that they were talking about damage convertion, not damage increase. This means they are talking about weapons that have 100% fire damage for example. From what I understand Damage Increase has nothing to do with the changes, although I believe that it should.

A

AtlanteanAngel

Clarify this : if DI is not considered a mod, then how do we use imbuing to control DI on items?

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont know... I would say that DI should NOT be counted as a mod unless you raise it to 50. Right now the bonus you get from exceptional and GM Arms Lore does more damage then good most of the time. The initial 40 DI should not be counted as one of the 5 properties. I know you guys want to use the argument that this favors dexers... but what about leather armor? For years mages have been running around in fully medable leather armor suits that have no drawback. Barbed leather runic kits have always been drastically easier to obtain then Val hammers, and there has been no real reason to make metal armor at all. So mages have been able to run around for years using med which allows them to cast more spells in a shorter time while not having to sacrifice anything on their armor, and now that dexers will be able to get a bonus on their equipment this is unbalancing?

Im sorry, but logically this actually IS a balance. If you want to count DI as a mod, then you should limit leather armor to 4 mods seeing as how it is medable, and therefore already has 1 mod inherently.

Now as for this change that was announced... I was under the impression that they were talking about damage convertion, not damage increase. This means they are talking about weapons that have 100% fire damage for example. From what I understand Damage Increase has nothing to do with the changes, although I believe that it should.
If you honestly think this is balanced...what is a mage getting for a free property? MOST mages do not actively use DI on weps...dexxers DO.

As I suggested to the previous poster...I suggest you REREAD the changes...as they will drastically affect the PvP in this game.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you honestly think this is balanced...what is a mage getting for a free property? MOST mages do not actively use DI on weps...dexxers DO.

As I suggested to the previous poster...I suggest you REREAD the changes...as they will drastically affect the PvP in this game.
Hmm considering mages is shafted in 500% properties to begin with (that's for 5x20LRC) I really dont think things will change alot. Dexers (especially archers) would still have the upper hand and gaining more edge from imbuing compare to mages.

I mean I wont even mention the ultra required super basic 2/6 casting for mages. That's 480 intensity. Dexers have plenty of templates viable without FC and FCR yet each and every single mages out there would have at least 2/6 and 100%lrc just so they get to "swing" their weapon after they die and get looted.

Dont give me the crap about LMC, EP, HP inc, Mana Inc, Mana Reg as they helps both mages and dexers equally (actually mana inc/reg helps dexers more than they do mages, you have no idea how it feels when I imbued my archer out and is now able to spam 7AI at 1.5sec a pop before I run out of mana.) And some people like myself has decent amount of DI already on their suits (for example mine has 80). And 20DI on my wep or eat a grape is all I need.

Things will not change too much for mages if any. It will surely enable more dexer gimpage. You are now possible to go to cap swing on Composite bows without needing 180+ stam and divine fury. Swinging ornate axe at 1.25s is now also possible without gimping a suit.

I mean really? Mages are really gonna own your dexer because they can have hmm Hit Chance on their mage weapon now? If so then you are doing something really really wrong.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm considering mages is shafted in 500% properties to begin with (that's for 5x20LRC) I really dont think things will change alot. Dexers (especially archers) would still have the upper hand and gaining more edge from imbuing compare to mages.
Giving a godly template one more modifier and in addition DI is not my idea of things staying the same. Balance is gone for the most part now...do we really need to further skew what we have left?

P

pgcd

Reread general changes as listed at the end of the patch notes. Dmg convert is no longer considered a property...this applies to both imbue and unravel.
Mate, damage CONVERT is no longer a property - that is, 50% fire damage, 30% poison etc.
It is different from damage INCREASE, which is still a property. So you are actually ranting because of something that is not going to happen.
Now, could you please admit you were wrong and just wait to see how this pans out?

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Giving a godly template one more modifier and in addition DI is not my idea of things staying the same. Balance is gone for the most part now...do we really need to further skew what we have left?
I took your post as another mage whining template. Imbuing made all dexers THAT MUCH MORE powerful since its introduction to the game.

Mages are still virtually unchanged especially when SC-0 Mage Weapon -20 along takes 3 WHOOPING MODS AT 100% Throw in 15DCI. Mage weapon blah blah and mage has too much mods is the last thing people should be complaining about.

I can imbue a dual proc composite and kill people in 3 seconds flat, but I cant just imbue a book/mage weapon so I can super quick drop people archer fashion.

If DI no longer counts as a mod (which if it means dmg distribution/convert then it wont matter that much but give more pvm farming power to dexers) it will only overpower dexers more and will be again virtually no impact to mages.

I have 3 mages and 4 dexers. Didnt bother to imbue a suit for my mages but imbued all 3 (godly mind you) of my dexer suits and most of their weapons.

For example my archer suit without weapon mods is rocking at corpse proof all 70s 40LMC, 15 Mana Reg, +43 mana, + 29stam, +25 hp, 35 HCI, 45 DCI, 50EP, 80Damage Inc, +15Ninjitsu. Gives me (after chug)147hp, 178stam, 131mana. And when arty imbue comes in, I am most likely going to rock enough SSI for my comp bow to fire at cap speed at 150ish stam.

Go figure.

If you are not trying to say how mage is overpowered due to imbuing, please disregard my last post. But seriously you can give mages 200% more intensity on their mage weapons they are still not gonna own anything as fast as dexers/archers.

Why still cant we imbue spellbooks?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Mate, damage CONVERT is no longer a property - that is, 50% fire damage, 30% poison etc.
It is different from damage INCREASE, which is still a property. So you are actually ranting because of something that is not going to happen.
Now, could you please admit you were wrong and just wait to see how this pans out?
yes but does it still appear on monster loot and doest it count as a property when rolling monster loot? if not then this means some monster loot will actually improve!

S

Smokin

Um how are you going to imbue more then 30% SSI on your bow. You might be able to craft a bow using a runic and get 35% then enhance then imbue other mods. So thats 45% SSI which will never give you 1.25 secs. even at 200 stamina.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For example my archer suit without weapon mods is rocking at corpse proof all 70s 40LMC, 15 Mana Reg, +43 mana, + 29stam, +25 hp, 35 HCI, 45 DCI, 50EP, 80Damage Inc, +15Ninjitsu. Gives me (after chug)147hp, 178stam, 131mana. And when arty imbue comes in, I am most likely going to rock enough SSI for my comp bow to fire at cap speed at 150ish stam.
Good luck with hitting a 60+ DCI Mage with 35 HCI. Even with HLD active you hit less than 50%. If you are not getting extremely lucky, mages will laughing and dancing around you firing spells at you without getting hit.
Btw. even with 60 SSI a comp bow swings at 1.5 sec delay at 150 anf also at 180 Stamina. And SSI is capped at 60.