• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 88 to TC1

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix - Trying to make the 'green tea' in the new beverages options (confusing since the cooking menu already has a 'green tea' in it which uses the same ingredients!) but hit a snag - you can buy the baskets of loose green tea (which is the ingredient needed, NOT the 'ready to drink' green tea you can buy from many NPCs) from Tokuno innkeepers on most shards, but on TC it looks like those NPCs are defaulting to the 'standard' innkeeper NPC so have a different list of items, not including the Tokuno specific ones....

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Damn this scores are hard to beat, but I got a bigger turkey :)
Grey wolf 99 stones
Turkey 24 stones
Grizzly 790 stones
Cougar 210 stones
Boar 220 stones
Walrus 3700 stones
Eagle 19 ft
Alligator 29 ft
Bull 2167 stones

Joshua Ravenloft

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix

Real big fan of what you guys are doing. First the Trade Deals, now the Hunting. These are good ideas.

But... and you knew there was a but coming there with me ;)

This is why I really wish you guys put these ideas up on the test center forum before bringing to Test Center because I would have thrown in some obvious suggestions.

I'm with Dot, once a month is too long of a period, it's going to cause people to lose interest because they aren't going to get much of a chance. It should be more like every two weeks.

I also feel this would have been a GREAT way to have made Tracking worth something, I mean we are trying to become a member of the Skara Brae Rangers right (sash)? You could also have included Animal Lore.

You could have done three tiers of the animals that are being hunted, with the lowest tier giving the lesser chance for a high RNG, the middle an average chance for higher RNG, and the highest a larger chance for the higher RNG. Make the high ones extremely rare in spawning. You won't know what tier they are by their name or color. You'll know what tier they are by using Animal Lore. However, you can track the middle and higher ones based on how high your tracking is. It's a win/win and you make a hardly used skill way more viable, now there is more of a reason to GM Tracking!

Sorry I am writing this at 4 in the morning, but that is what I think.
Man I REALLY love these ideas! Tracking + Animal Lore + Herding = better chance at increased weight of animal, reward or what ever... Dev's pretty please have a think about this when you get back into the office.....

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The hunting rewards need to be shard bound. Maybe even character or account bound.

The contest should be weekly, not monthly.

And while we're getting new deed books, we might as well get a deed book for hunting permits, or some way to reuse a permit (for another 5k of course), and/or a way to buy multiple permits at once. Working on a hunting record is going to involve a LOT of backpack clutter and irritation the way it is now.

The drink machine is HUGE for what it is. It's as tall as my character. The ancient hell hound looks like it's related to Cthulu in the CC... :/ Does not look like any hell hound I've ever seen! It also cannot be made transparent with rehuing tool.

Otherwise... neat publish. Like some others, I am not especially keen on hunting animals for sport (and the cougar taxidermy makes my crazy cat lady heart a little sad!), but given a decent RP context some neat player events could emerge from this. I hope it is expanded (or a similar system introduced) for monsters at some point.

HURRAY for scroll book!

I admit, when I saw Coral the Owl listed as a reward I didn't see the point... but Coral the Owl is adorable! Much cuter than Sherry the Mouse! (Sorry, Sherry.) The coffee tree is neat too, though I wish it had the old clay style pot.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still hoping, that we will see an option to trade in old veteran rewards in a ratio to change them for newer rewards.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Damn this scores are hard to beat, but I got a bigger turkey :)
Grey wolf 99 stones
Turkey 24 stones
Grizzly 790 stones
Cougar 210 stones
Boar 220 stones
Walrus 3700 stones
Eagle 19 ft
Alligator 29 ft
Bull 2167 stones
It did reset again but no rewards, did anyone get rewards for their kills, seems like it reset at server up but the rewards points do not get added to the reward menu or someone beated my turkey and grey wolf before server down.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya, I'm not trying to make a big deal about it, but new players ARE going to feel unpleasant about it. And new players are NOT going to come here to voice their opinion.

Is there any other game that has a 10 year waiting period for cool stuff? Anyways, not that big a deal, but it's good that the dev team put a limit on it.

And that is like pointing out a new player will throw a tizzy fit becuase they can not have a PBD. There is a crap load of thiungs players wont have unless they "been there, done that" or "done there due time." Anyone that has an issue with thinking they must have everything everyone else has. Well they need a dippy change. There are some that will protest just for the pure fact they like the attention.

Here chew on this. Who doesn't desire a Superbowl Ring or an Olympic Gold Medal? Sure can buy one someplace. Does that Superbowl Ring mean the same to you as the people that actually earned it? And wearing the medal around those that earned one let alone other people might be a little discusted.

That super bowl trophy is just that. Something stuck in a case that some rich team owner gets justification for their ownership at last. Those hats they give out at the after game party for the winners are just that, Gifts. Even the busboy at the party most likely will get one. The Superbowl Ring is a reward given to those that earned it by being there at that time.

Point is they are veteran rewards. Picks earned for doing time and paying your dues. The Silver Star and a PepBoys Perferred Customer pin are both medals. But only one is a reward. The veteran mounts should be left as an age requirement to ride. Let any age pick them as a reward, for deco reasons. The charger caters to the 3 month old accounts. Just as the horse was for the 1 year account. And the Polar Bear is a 9 year reward. None work any better then another. It was what they represented is what made them loosely termed cool. It is bad enough I have to share the RL with those that never grow up and think they deserve everything for little to no effort. I have no desire to share my fantasy world with those that I wouldn't want at my dinner table.

Lastly there is no other 10 year old game worth spending a few hours every night playing besides UO. It is hard to make veteran players in F2P games that have no system to reconize those hardcore players. I feel sad for those that take some pride in handouts or things they could easily afford to buy.

I highly doubt a new player that has no clue about Stratics is really going to wonder where an eth Hiryu Statuette came from or why they can not use it. Although the 12th year veteran reward tag might make the game more impressive to them.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
good point, dire wolves, gators, (nm giant toads what I'm thinking about lol), snakes...sewer rats... (regular rats don't, I know this well since there are so many sewer rats on the Vesper beach...because...we have sewers on the beach?)...so there are quite a few non-monsters...ish...well, (giant toads) are kinda different lol they are a little on the giant side...but i think they still count as animals versus classic playguide

but I do think they have a cull the herd quest...oh...maybe thinning
http://www.uoguide.com/Thinning_the_Herd
Ah yes, forgot the toads. Guh, I remember taming 10000000000 of them while gaining skill back in 98.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here chew on this. Who doesn't desire a Superbowl Ring or an Olympic Gold Medal? Sure can buy one someplace. Does that Superbowl Ring mean the same to you as the people that actually earned it? And wearing the medal around those that earned one let alone other people might be a little discusted.

That super bowl trophy is just that. Something stuck in a case that some rich team owner gets justification for their ownership at last. Those hats they give out at the after game party for the winners are just that, Gifts. Even the busboy at the party most likely will get one. The Superbowl Ring is a reward given to those that earned it by being there at that time.
Now, imagine if any new NFL franchise were not allowed to win the super bowl for the first 10 years of their existence, no matter how hard they worked, or how well they played.

I never understood the mind set that because the items can now be sold, it somehow means anyone can have them any time they want with no effort. People have to earn the rewards they buy. Before they COULDN'T earn them. Unless you count adding up monthly payments as work, which I don't. You have to earn them now more than ever. Before it was just given to you as a "thanks for not quitting" award.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or we could just add a clown to the game with one outstretched arm. "You have to be this tall to ride this ride" Then the origin store can sell platform shoes for those that are to young/short to ride.

They don't call themselves new NFL franchise. They are the Arena Football teams.

The only way players that don't live breath and eat UO could show some sort of their dedication to the game was the aged eths. Rubbing shoulders with the other polar bear riders at WBB. Then go home to their villa, not castle, at the end of the day. I would worry more about not reconizing those long running/paying customers then some new player that most likely wont be around after 6 months. Think a new player that doesn't understand rewarding veteran players with different artwork rides is important. The ability to ride a tiger will be mute for most new UO players that haven't won the game after one year. "Well it has been 6 months. And I don't own a castle with a title as the Lord of Fel Yew Gate. This game SUX""Just as well talk smack in chat the last few months my sub has left" It is the true veteran players that even remember that shining star for those three months on CHAT. It will help that they knew they was denied Lord of the Gate by a player riding a HellHound. And for a new player. It would be a bigger feather in their hat if that player they bested was riding a Tiger.

If someone that is that new and dedicated to the game needs to ride a 10+ year vet reward. They they need to go out and buy an aged second account. Win Win for the player and EA. Not like they are tapping in on that concept to make money.

Last edited:

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone else having problems copying characters to TC? Tried three, on different accounts, over the past two days and TC is greyed out as unavailable every time - luckily I had some there from before but for some ingredients like the stuff for cocoa and tea, only way I can get them would be to spend ages hunting or transfer someone over with some, and I have little playing time just now so copy would be greatly preferred.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or it's a slap in the face to new players, saying "haha, you'll never get the coolest rewards"
As I said, the ONE (and only) change that was needed to Veteran Rewards, IMHO, was to make the rewards usable (NOT pickable) also by younger age active accounts.

That said, what prevents a younger age account to get a friend, guildmate that has an older age account to pick it for them and give to them ? Or buy it ? How many items in UO players do not get them by themselves but get them from friends, guildmates or buy them, simply ?

As long as the veteran reward items can be used by any active age account, the issue of new players not being able to get older veteran rewards for years becomes moot, doesn't it? They cannot get them themselves, but they can still get to have AND use them through older Veterans.

Yet, by re-introducing the top age only pickable Vet Reward (i.e. remove the 15 years stop age), the oldest Veterans would not be deprived of the recognition which, I think, they deserve for supporting Ultima Online for so long.

For the game to live on, there's going to have to be more new players than 17 year vets. I won't be getting on a ship with you as captain.
I would hardly imagine that Veteran Rewards were the one issue which made new players decide not to play Ultima Online ....... especially, since "if" there even was any possible veteran reward which they really wanted so much, they could ask a fellow player, friend, guildmate to pick it for them or just buy it.....

How many players in UO could not get for years Powerscrolls (but we could insert a lot of other items here, instead...) and had to either buy them or have to ask friends to give them some ?

I see no difference.

Last edited:

Tinky Feetz

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Game
2014 Nov 14 21:43 GMT

Huntmaster’s Challenge

The Huntmaster at the Skara Brae Ranger’s Guild now offers a monthly challenge for hunting various species throughout Britannia.

• Visit the Huntmaster NPC at the Ranger’s Guild outside Skara Brae to obtain a hunting permit via the Huntmaster’s context menu.

• Permits cost 5,000gp, the funds must be available in the player’s bank box.

• Trophies throughout the Ranger’s Guild indicate which species can be hunted, and include:

• Grizzly Bear

• Gray Wolf

• Cougar

• Turkey

• Bull

• Boar

• Walrus

• Alligator

• Eagle

• Double click on the hunting permit and target the corpse of a valid species to record the kill.

• The Permit will display the Hunter’s Name, Date of the Kill, Location of the Kill, Species of the Kill, and a measurement for the Kill.

• Taxidermy Kits can be used on the hunting permit to create a trophy for display.

• Return to the Huntmaster to submit a kill for consideration in the monthly competition.

• If a submission has the greatest measurement for a species, the kill will be displayed on the trophy inside the Ranger’s Guild.

• If a submission ties the greatest measurement for a species the display on the trophy will not update, however the submitting player will be eligible for reward when the contest concludes each month.

• If a submitted kill has the greatest measurement at the end of the month, the submitting player(s) will get points for each submission to redeem rewards from the Huntmaster.

• Kills can only be submitted from the current month and year.

• The Huntmaster’s month will be updated on server maintenance, each new month the contest will reset.

• Rewards can be redeemed by double clicking on the Huntmaster, and include,

• A Harvester’s Blade

• A Horn of Plenty

• A Reward Title Deed: Huntmaster’s Champion

• A Sash – “Member of the Skara Brae Ranger’s Guild”

Continue reading...
I really like this idea.

I'd also like to throw out an idea.

Hopefully this will escalate to a much larger scale. I'd like to see something like this with much harder prey i.e. Dragons, White Worms, Ogre Lords etc.

Let's use Dragons as the example:
Somewhere outside of Destard and Fire Temple you have a handful of Dragons (5 or 6). You hunt these Dragons until you kill (x) amount of them. Then you get a message *your keen senses notice tracks of a greater prey* this is a lot like the message you get in VvV when you're near the sigil. You than use your tracking skill to find these tracks, which leads you onto the "Great Hunt"

"Great Hunt"
- shouldn't necessarily be an easy task, most of us are well equipped to take down most creatures solo. However this creature should be more powerful than a Paragon. The Tracking part should also be a big part of this Hunt too. It could be a good distance from where you first noticed the tracks to the actual encounter. Much like the Trader's Quests and as you're tracking the Great Prey, you could have spawn appear causing you to have to defeat them and than having to find the tracks again.

That's all I have.

Thanks for reading,
Tinky

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or we could just add a clown to the game with one outstretched arm. "You have to be this tall to ride this ride" Then the origin store can sell platform shoes for those that are to young/short to ride.
Why? That's pretty much the opposite of what I want. I want people to be able to experience all aspects of the game by playing, not by paying.

They don't call themselves new NFL franchise. They are the Arena Football teams.
Alter your metaphor all you want, my point remains the same. Players can now WORK to EARN whatever item they want, regardless of how old their account is, and to me that is exactly as it should be. Before there was an artificial barrier denying people the OPTION to WORK for a specific set of items. Who cares if they want to ride a hellhound? If anyone really cared then no vet would pick the mount to sell to them, simple as that. The vets have all the power here. It's completely up to vets if these items get into the hands of non vets. They have a monopoly on the market for these items.

The only way players that don't live breath and eat UO could show some sort of their dedication to the game was the aged eths. Rubbing shoulders with the other polar bear riders at WBB. Then go home to their villa, not castle, at the end of the day. I would worry more about not reconizing those long running/paying customers then some new player that most likely wont be around after 6 months.
Or, they just play the game and not worry that people don't see them as "dedicated" players. Besides, you don't have to play all day every day to be a dedicated and well thought of member of the community anyway. I for one have never judged the timber of a fellow player by what they were riding on or what kind of house they have. If that's how one is judged, I think its damn sad.

Think a new player that doesn't understand rewarding veteran players with different artwork rides is important. The ability to ride a tiger will be mute for most new UO players that haven't won the game after one year. "Well it has been 6 months. And I don't own a castle with a title as the Lord of Fel Yew Gate. This game SUX""Just as well talk smack in chat the last few months my sub has left" It is the true veteran players that even remember that shining star for those three months on CHAT. It will help that they knew they was denied Lord of the Gate by a player riding a HellHound. And for a new player. It would be a bigger feather in their hat if that player they bested was riding a Tiger.
Status, status, status. Honestly who one cares that much??? I mean really, who logs on, and after sticking around for 6 months is thinking "this is a game I can WIN!" No one, that's who.

If someone that is that new and dedicated to the game needs to ride a 10+ year vet reward. They they need to go out and buy an aged second account. Win Win for the player and EA. Not like they are tapping in on that concept to make money.
Why? Why is it so important that people pay to get in game status objects? I'd rather people, I don't know, play the damn game. I mean why are we all here anyway? I always thought it was to have fun in game and to enjoy the community. Guess I was wrong. It's actually a sandbox game all about who's "winning" by racking up the most wealth and status. Maybe I'm playing the wrong game.

Anyway, I'm sorry I brought it up. It's a dumb argument anyway. Some people feel like they need to have a special artificial appendage to show their quality as a player/member of the group. I admit, I don't understand it. I just want to enjoy myself, and want everyone else to do the same in a free, open economy/world where everyone can buy/do anything they want with the only limitation being their willpower. I accept not everyone feels that way, so I'll stop derailing the thread.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man I REALLY love these ideas! Tracking + Animal Lore + Herding = better chance at increased weight of animal, reward or what ever... Dev's pretty please have a think about this when you get back into the office.....

It would be cool if it were all new types of each of these "Dire Bear", "Crested Eagle", etc, and that they spawned very rarely, so having tracking would actually be a huge help to finding them. Also, have them put up some kind of fight, so it really seems like a big game challenge. NO MEGA BOSS MONSTERS NOW! Just... a fight. ;D

This addition really does seem like a perfect thematic opportunity to give tracking a boost, which would be fabulous.

Maybe some of them could be "incognito" blending in as regular members of the species to the untrained eye (as well as the rare ones mentioned above that everyone can find), so when you animal lore on of the right animals there's a chance (based on lore) to "reveal" them as one of the rare critters. One way A. Lore could get a boost.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can anyone ride the hell hound or do you have to be that vet year to ride it?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah yes, forgot the toads. Guh, I remember taming 10000000000 of them while gaining skill back in 98.
remember the bridge? haha taming them over the bridge, before they changed it so we couldn't do that hahaha :) oh that bridge...

yadiman

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As long as the veteran reward items can be used by any active age account, the issue of new players not being able to get older veteran rewards for years becomes moot, doesn't it? They cannot get them themselves, but they can still get to have AND use them through older Veterans.
I didn't know that was your suggestion, and I approve. Actually that would be even better than what we have currently imo. (I have an 8 year account so it's all relative)

And as others mentioned, they could add some sort of badge displaying account age.

Joshua Ravenloft

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe some of them could be "incognito" blending in as regular members of the species to the untrained eye (as well as the rare ones mentioned above that everyone can find), so when you animal lore one of the right animals there's a chance (based on lore) to "reveal" them as one of the rare critters. One way A. Lore could get a boost.
LOVE this idea... :)

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where is the Huntmaster located? On TC1 I tried Skara Brae Ranger Guild in NW of town and also two of the Ranger huts across the water.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
there are a ranger guild on mainland too, follow water north from the ferry

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Where is the Huntmaster located? On TC1 I tried Skara Brae Ranger Guild in NW of town and also two of the Ranger huts across the water.
Where the yellow dot is located on the map

http://i59.***********/b3tq21.png

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like the Eagle to be a full Eagle, like the turkey, not just a head, maybe the alligator as well since it looks odd to me. But so far I'm liking this new publish

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix

Real big fan of what you guys are doing. First the Trade Deals, now the Hunting. These are good ideas.

This is why I really wish you guys put these ideas up on the test center forum before bringing to Test Center because I would have thrown in some obvious suggestions.

I'm with Dot, once a month is too long of a period, it's going to cause people to lose interest because they aren't going to get much of a chance. It should be more like every two weeks.

I also feel this would have been a GREAT way to have made Tracking worth something, I mean we are trying to become a member of the Skara Brae Rangers right (sash)? You could also have included Animal Lore.

You could have done three tiers of the animals that are being hunted, with the lowest tier giving the lesser chance for a high RNG, the middle an average chance for higher RNG, and the highest a larger chance for the higher RNG. Make the high ones extremely rare in spawning. You won't know what tier they are by their name or color. You'll know what tier they are by using Animal Lore. However, you can track the middle and higher ones based on how high your tracking is. It's a win/win and you make a hardly used skill way more viable, now there is more of a reason to GM Tracking!

I agree, TRACKING, DETECT HIDDEN, ANIMAL LORE, FORENSIC EVALUATION could all be made skills to factor in for some bonuses with the Hunting Quests.

For example, I'd LOVE to see Quests were I need to be GM Tracking and perhaps also GM Detect Hidden, Animal Lore and Forensic Evaluation (yeah, all 4...) in order to be able to track down (tracking) following hard to find signs on the landscape, evaluating corpses perhaps killed and eaten by the beast I am hunting down (forensic evaluation), be able to detect hidden to find remains of nests or overnight place of the beast I am trying to hunt down (detect hidden) and Animal Lore to be able to tell apart different targets traces on the landscape (animal lore).

It should be like I get given the quest, and my target spawns somewhere say it is Bear, it is no ordinary bear but just "one of a kind" bear which I will need to track down looking at signs all over. Each time I succesfully examine a sign of the beast I am hunting for, the game gives me an arrow sign pointing to the direction which I should follow and tell me how long ago that particular sign was left by the beast (to figure out how far it could possibly be from the spot...). Depending on the hardness of the Hunting Quest, the number of signs and of positive checks needed to finally find the hunted beast could raise significantly.

I mean, Hunting means HUNTING and I want to explore, detect, track and interpret signs on the landscape in order to find my target....

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a 17 year vet, I personally don't find it a slap in the face in the slightest. I'm glad I can do what I want with the picks I get.
I'm sure I'll be around in some form for 20 if it makes it, and if I don't get a neon stygian dragon mount that explodes into fireworks any time I walk that can only be ridden by the elite uber 20 year vets... I will somehow survive to log on. I think!
"that can only be ridden by the elite uber 20 year vets"............

My argument, is NOT that only top years Veterans should be able to use top Years rewards..... I am favourable that any and all active age accounts could be able to use any age Veteran Rewards (so, even a newbie could be able to ride a "neon stygian dragon mount that explodes into fireworks any time one walks", that is I am OK that even new players could be able to use a 20 years Veteran Reward.... my point, is about the eligibility to CLAIM them.......... As every year Vet Rewards are added for various years active age, I think that also for the top year Veteran active age accounts should be added a reward every year that ONLY that Year Veteran active age account can CLAIM.

I did not say USE, I said CLAIM.

So, anyone can USE, but only that specific active age account can CLAIM. This holds true for lower years, this should ALSO hold true for the top Year Veteran active account age. There should at least be a Veteran Reward that 16 Years active Age accounts can CLAIM (but all ages can USE), a Veteran Reward that 17 Years active Age accounts can CLAIM (but all ages can USE), a Veteran Reward that 18 Years active Age accounts can CLAIM (but all ages can USE) and so forth.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

This was something that was included as a potential design goal for the Huntmaster's Challenge - including related skills to have an effect on the outcome of the hunting simulation. We opted to keep it simple for the initial release for a couple reasons. The primary reason was time - adding complexity to the hunting simulation would've taken more time to implement, test, and iterate over than we had given the short cycle and the additional promotional items we wanted to give out for the season. Adding more depth to the Huntmaster's Challenge logically should require skills like animal lore and tracking to definitely play a role, and for the initial release forcing the best results to be netted by those with a developed "Huntmaster's Challenge Template" limits who can hope to compete. Right now, anyone who can kill a turkey has a shot - which is a pretty wide breadth.

If the Huntmaster's Challenge is popular (which based on feedback so far it has been very positive) we can expand into other creature types and add more depth to the hunting simulation. Thanks for the feedback!

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really like the power scroll book but how about fixing the number of items BOD books take up or making new BOD books that work similar to the other books.

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"that can only be ridden by the elite uber 20 year vets"............

My argument, is NOT that only top years Veterans should be able to use top Years rewards..... I am favourable that any and all active age accounts could be able to use any age Veteran Rewards (so, even a newbie could be able to ride a "neon stygian dragon mount that explodes into fireworks any time one walks", that is I am OK that even new players could be able to use a 20 years Veteran Reward.... my point, is about the eligibility to CLAIM them.......... As every year Vet Rewards are added for various years active age, I think that also for the top year Veteran active age accounts should be added a reward every year that ONLY that Year Veteran active age account can CLAIM.

I did not say USE, I said CLAIM.

So, anyone can USE, but only that specific active age account can CLAIM. This holds true for lower years, this should ALSO hold true for the top Year Veteran active account age. There should at least be a Veteran Reward that 16 Years active Age accounts can CLAIM (but all ages can USE), a Veteran Reward that 17 Years active Age accounts can CLAIM (but all ages can USE), a Veteran Reward that 18 Years active Age accounts can CLAIM (but all ages can USE) and so forth.
@popps
The veteran rewards have been like for awhile now...so not sure what you are getting at. Vets can claim them but any age can use them. Unless something has changed recently.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Another thing I just noticed...I did a fire ball on a grey wolf and hit my hunters permit, not realizing that the wolf was not yet dead...and it still let me document the kill.

I tried it again on a grizzly bear, this time I got the message *you cannot document someone elses kill* but it still documented it on the permit.

http://i57.***********/5zk09j.png

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
This was something that was included as a potential design goal for the Huntmaster's Challenge - including related skills to have an effect on the outcome of the hunting simulation. We opted to keep it simple for the initial release for a couple reasons. The primary reason was time - adding complexity to the hunting simulation would've taken more time to implement, test, and iterate over than we had given the short cycle and the additional promotional items we wanted to give out for the season. Adding more depth to the Huntmaster's Challenge logically should require skills like animal lore and tracking to definitely play a role, and for the initial release forcing the best results to be netted by those with a developed "Huntmaster's Challenge Template" limits who can hope to compete. Right now, anyone who can kill a turkey has a shot - which is a pretty wide breadth.

If the Huntmaster's Challenge is popular (which based on feedback so far it has been very positive) we can expand into other creature types and add more depth to the hunting simulation. Thanks for the feedback!
DO IT!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
remember that this feedback is a very small percentage of the game. the 20 people on UO hall could be the only ones doing it. i know i wont compete with ladies who have nothing to do all day but grind this thing.

I think many more players would participate if it was once a week, and a limit to 5 or 10 entries. this "challenge" shouldnt be a grind. it should be a fun diversion that a casual player can take part in and have a chance (because after all, its pretty casual gameplay)

as it is right now i just cant see it holding the interest of more than a handful of people.

Matthias O'Hare

Visitor
Stratics Veteran

Glad to hear that you were already thinking this way! Great minds think alike :) Makes me excited for the program.

I just want to stress again though that I think it should be a two week cycle rather than one month. As Smoot said above, one month will probably discourage a lot of the casual players from getting involved. A shorter cycle will make the opportunity to win more open and thus encourage people to participate. My worry is similar, that a one month cycle is only going to discourage the casual player and turn it into a grind for a small few.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@popps
The veteran rewards have been like for awhile now...so not sure what you are getting at. Vets can claim them but any age can use them. Unless something has changed recently.

The problem with Veteran Rewards, to my opinion, as they are currently, is that the developers stopped them (as in regards to gaining value within the veteran rewards program...) "gaining active age towards eligibility to claim rewards" at 15 years active account age. Which means, that to the Developers any age older than 15 years (and it could be 16, 17 but also 18, 19, 20 and so on as the years keep going and Ultima Online still running...) has the same value and "loyalty weight" as an account that is considerably older.

I disagree, entirely, to me, having been loyal to Ultima Online, having supported it for, say, 20 Years, can never ever be like having done it for 15 Years. It is, as I see it, a total slap in the face of those customers who, no matter what, have been maintaining their accounts as active, uninterruptedly, for all time that Ultima Online has been in existance.

As I said, and I repeat it, I agreed with the change that made Veteran rewards usable also by younger age active accounts, but they should have NEVER have stopped adding rewards at 15 Years. This part should have remained as it was, with 1 reward being added for the top year that was claimable ONLY by the Veteran Rewards which had that top year active account age.

And, since, IMHO, this "stopping at 15 years" is such an unfair dealing to their customers who have supported the game for the MOST and longest time, I DO HOPE that they will want to reconsider this and, starting next year, remove the block at 15 Years and start again adding a Veteran Reward that only the top active age accounts can claim (which would mean a Reward added next year that only 18 years Veteran Rewards active accounts age will be able to claim..., 15, 16 or 17 years accounts will NOT be able to claim it, only 18 years will...), but which all accounts, even if younger, wll be able to use (which means, only 18 years old accounts will be able to claim it, but once claimed, any account from 1 year old to 17 years old will be able to use it...).

I hope I was able to better clarify myself, now.

Joshua Ravenloft

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
like gun.jpg

Absolutely like, like, LIKE the idea of this!!

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, let's focus on the number here and not all the good in this publish?
I have been playing since beta, it has not bothered me that the Dev team
has stopped the labeling of 12 14 or whatever number of year vet reward.
My 17th vet reward is the fact:
1. UO is still here
2. We still get publishes
3. And we still get new vet and anniversary rewards after 17 years.

The last couple publishes have been awesome, and I am sure it is
becoming more and more difficult for them to come up with new
and exciting "GIFTS" for us. Let it go people, it is just a flipping
number. Look beyond that.
And if you can't, then I do not know what to say.
@The Team: AWESOME JOB ON THIS CONTENT.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem with Veteran Rewards, to my opinion, as they are currently, is that the developers stopped them (as in regards to gaining value within the veteran rewards program...) "gaining active age towards eligibility to claim rewards" at 15 years active account age. Which means, that to the Developers any age older than 15 years (and it could be 16, 17 but also 18, 19, 20 and so on as the years keep going and Ultima Online still running...) has the same value and "loyalty weight" as an account that is considerably older.

I disagree, entirely, to me, having been loyal to Ultima Online, having supported it for, say, 20 Years, can never ever be like having done it for 15 Years. It is, as I see it, a total slap in the face of those customers who, no matter what, have been maintaining their accounts as active, uninterruptedly, for all time that Ultima Online has been in existance.

As I said, and I repeat it, I agreed with the change that made Veteran rewards usable also by younger age active accounts, but they should have NEVER have stopped adding rewards at 15 Years. This part should have remained as it was, with 1 reward being added for the top year that was claimable ONLY by the Veteran Rewards which had that top year active account age.

And, since, IMHO, this "stopping at 15 years" is such an unfair dealing to their customers who have supported the game for the MOST and longest time, I DO HOPE that they will want to reconsider this and, starting next year, remove the block at 15 Years and start again adding a Veteran Reward that only the top active age accounts can claim (which would mean a Reward added next year that only 18 years Veteran Rewards active accounts age will be able to claim..., 15, 16 or 17 years accounts will NOT be able to claim it, only 18 years will...), but which all accounts, even if younger, wll be able to use (which means, only 18 years old accounts will be able to claim it, but once claimed, any account from 1 year old to 17 years old will be able to use it...).

I hope I was able to better clarify myself, now.
Popps, maybe the dev team has reviewed the age of the currently active accounts and decided that the limited amount of time they have available at this point for working on developing new items needs to go towards putting in useful items that are will encourage people with younger accounts to stay around for a while longer. Those younger accounts might belong to people who started playing UO only in recent years or might belong to people who quit playing a long time ago but for nostalgia's sake are giving UO another try now. It's also possible that they have another idea up their sleeves to "reward" longevity that doesn't involve introducing more items that can be bought and sold for insane amounts of gold or cash.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It is not on Origin. For me it is not. :(
No doesn't seem to be on Origin yet, I know they were still working out some kinks yesterday so hopefully it will be on Origin soon, I logged out at the Rangers guild so I'd be ready lol :/

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The Ranger guild may be a death trap on Siege as it is outside Town zone, but it could also give the good guilds a job with keeping the place safe.
I look forward to see how it will go.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Found a bug/glitch I think?

I documented a 760 stone grizzly EARLY this morning, I noticed now on the trophy it states the highest weight is only 550 Stones.

http://i61.***********/o6gxmd.png

I can't document it again because it says it's already been documented.
Well I've been at it for awhile now and have not been able to replicate this issue so maybe it was a one time thing?

Things seem to be working as intended..I hope! I did get 2 reward points, one day before yesterday and one last night so I got my title and the harvesters blade which I am THRILLED about, can't wait to get one on Origin, never had a chance too.

Not sure if anyone else is having issues but I am hoping this comes to Origin today like it says it will, or is supposed to :)

Happy Hunting!