• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 88 to TC1

TandaBSK

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I've heard since I didn't see it mentioned Turkey exist out around Trinsic. Not the pet ones we got from the Horns.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So... For some of you as your analogy of Vet Rewards that I as a vet over 15 years shouldn't be able to sell my rewards for Gold should I desire to do so because it's a reward I ought to be stuck with it?

And as for comparing that to superbowl rings then by your analogy of it people who WIN a superbowl ring shouldn't be able to sell it... for money. But then when I watch "Pawn Stars" I shouldn't see they have like 10 or more of the things in their display case then? Right?

It's my Vet reward... I should be able to do whatever I want with it... And if some young whippersnapper has too much gold than brains and wants to to run around on a stupid tiger mount or whatever then far be it from me to deny them that "thrill" because I would sell them one.... IF it weren't for the fact that I'm somewhat greedy and want my rewards to claim more shard shield... and NO ONE but me can use those. So when I die and leave this game.... my houses will fall and all those shields will fall to the ground and just be deco.

I suppose THAT is my status symbol of being over a 15 year vet.... having a mass of shard shields.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Popps, maybe the dev team has reviewed the age of the currently active accounts and decided that the limited amount of time they have available at this point for working on developing new items needs to go towards putting in useful items that are will encourage people with younger accounts to stay around for a while longer. Those younger accounts might belong to people who started playing UO only in recent years or might belong to people who quit playing a long time ago but for nostalgia's sake are giving UO another try now. It's also possible that they have another idea up their sleeves to "reward" longevity that doesn't involve introducing more items that can be bought and sold for insane amounts of gold or cash.

Well, a "top year" Veteran player not necessarily could decide to sell a top year Vet reward for "insane" amounts of gold, they could give it to friends or fellow guildmates but "even if" they wanted to sell it for gold, so what ? What if they then decide to use that gold to help new players or returning players and be benefactors using that gold ?

I mean, it is fine that EM Events' items are sold in LOADS by "insane" amounts of hundreds of millions of gold but not that UO Veteran players who have been playing the game, no matter what, uninterruptedly, for all time that the game has been in existance thus supporting it regardless the problems it had, might get some little reward from their very special and supportive loyalty to the product ?

Excuse me ?

Even if top year Veteran players decided to make some gold selling some top years Vet rewards (and that is not a granted, since many might just hand them over to friends, guildmates and so forth...), I do not see any problem with it and you know why ? Because they DESERVE IT, IMHO, and also, because I think that the simple fact that they have been supporting Ultima Online, NO MATTER WHAT, for all of the life it has been in existance, shows their undisputed loyalty to the game and their support for it and, as I see it, even if they would decide to make some gold selling some of the top years rewards, CHANCES ARE, as I see it, that a good chunk of that gold would go towards helping new or returning players to have a head start in the game...

Why ?

Because top years Veteran players really care for Ultima Online (or they would not have stayed active with their accounts for so long) and, therefore, they WANT new or returning players not only to come to UO, but to stay with it and so, if they have "extra" gold to make some good use of, I think they will use much of it to help out any new or returning player that they can.

So, I say bring back the top year Veteran Reward and remove the 15 years block.

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Popps, you do realize that I as a 17 year vet can pick a reward and sell
it to Joe Schmoe a six month old account for an insane amount Right?
As has been stated over and over, ANYONE can use all vet rewards, you
just have to be the right age to pick them.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Incorrect. Any age can use "most" vet rewards. Some are still acct bound and (I think) age restricted.

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shard shields are account bound..as far as the other rewards I have not
seen any restrictions, i.e. the new hell hound ethy can be ridden by any
age but is a 15 year pick.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm sure that Popps and I are both aware of that... We are and have been responding to the "old vets" who are way over 15 years who seem to think it's such a horrible crime if a person with a 6 month old account is running around on a new mount that you have to be 15 years to get..... because they think that there has to be some sort of "status symbol" to declare their l33tness or something.... because they can't be totally l33t if they are not the only ones who can ride the new beasty... which to me is utterly ridiculous. I'm a 15+ year vet and I could care less if someone is riding the new mounts and they aren't old enough... There is a sucker born every min and if some 6 month old account user wants to shell out several hundred million to own the latest silly mount then so be it. Big honking deal.

I don't measure my "win" of the game by having the latest mount... I don't measure my "win" of the game by having the newest "rare" or the largest house, or the most shard shields, or the biggest amount of gold... UO isn't a game you "win".... I don't need any status symbol to rub in the nose of any new player.

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I couldn't agree more, all of us vets should just be happy we still have updates for our
Beloved game. Here's to 17 more awesome years!!!!!!!!

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

One more reason to not stop Veteran Rewards at 15 Years active account age but restore as it was before, with a new Reward added every Year for the Top Veteran active account age that only that top year can claim.....

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Cool kids ride ethy horses anyways. i used to keep a token max age mount to show account age, no point anymore. Horses are now on almost all my characters.
Maybe let them buy one from EA Store in a different color, this way, the vets can still show their age.
Or let it show in a different and cooler color, if the rider is a vet that have the right age