• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 88 to TC1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2014 Nov 14 21:43 GMT
Greetings Everyone,

We are publishing to TC1 this afternoon. We will be publishing this out to Origin and Izumo on Monday, 17th. Publish 88 will go World Wide on the 20th. Please make sure you check out all the new content and give us your feedback.

UO Team

Huntmaster’s Challenge

The Huntmaster at the Skara Brae Ranger’s Guild now offers a monthly challenge for hunting various species throughout Britannia.

• Visit the Huntmaster NPC at the Ranger’s Guild outside Skara Brae to obtain a hunting permit via the Huntmaster’s context menu.

• Permits cost 5,000gp, the funds must be available in the player’s bank box.

• Trophies throughout the Ranger’s Guild indicate which species can be hunted, and include:

• Grizzly Bear

• Gray Wolf

• Cougar

• Turkey

• Bull

• Boar

• Walrus

• Alligator

• Eagle

• Double click on the hunting permit and target the corpse of a valid species to record the kill.

• The Permit will display the Hunter’s Name, Date of the Kill, Location of the Kill, Species of the Kill, and a measurement for the Kill.

• Taxidermy Kits can be used on the hunting permit to create a trophy for display.

• Return to the Huntmaster to submit a kill for consideration in the monthly competition.

• If a submission has the greatest measurement for a species, the kill will be displayed on the trophy inside the Ranger’s Guild.

• If a submission ties the greatest measurement for a species the display on the trophy will not update, however the submitting player will be eligible for reward when the contest concludes each month.

• If a submitted kill has the greatest measurement at the end of the month, the submitting player(s) will get points for each submission to redeem rewards from the Huntmaster.

• Kills can only be submitted from the current month and year.

• The Huntmaster’s month will be updated on server maintenance, each new month the contest will reset.

• Rewards can be redeemed by double clicking on the Huntmaster, and include,

• A Harvester’s Blade

• A Horn of Plenty

• A Reward Title Deed: Huntmaster’s Champion

• A Sash – “Member of the Skara Brae Ranger’s Guild”
Vice vs Virtue Leaderboards

Leaderboards have been added to VvV. Leaderboards are accessed from guild menu.

New Horn of Plenty Items

A new house plant has been added to the Horn of Plenty.

• The house plant must be locked down to grow.

• The house plant will grow each day on server up.

• Once the house plant has reached its full growth state, it will produce fruit.

• Fruit can be harvested from the house plant by double clicking on it.

• House plants are maintenance free.
2014 Holiday Items

Characters that are at least 30 days old that log in between 12/1/2014 12:01 AM ET and 1/1/2015 12:01 AM ET will receive a randomly hued gift box that contains the following:

• New green, blue, or gold fireplace.

• Fireplaces can be ignited and doused by double clicking on the center piece.

• A grinder that can be used to grind various plant products.

• A steam powered beverage maker that can be used in conjunction with the cooking system to create new items listed in the “Beverage” section of the cooking menu.

• A Power Scroll Book

• The powerscroll book can hold 300 power scroll, no more of 99 than any specific scroll.

• The scroll be must locked down in a house in order to add scrolls.

• Stat power scrolls cannot be added to the book.
Vet Rewards

The following items have been added as new vet rewards,

• 1 Year

• Flesh Renderer Statuette

• Coral the Owl (Town Crier)

• 2 Year

• Crystal Elemental Statuette

• 3 Year

• Dark Father Statuette

• 4 Year

• Platinum Dragon Statuette

• 7 Year

• Sewing Machine & Smithing Press

• The Sewing Machine & Smithing Press are house-addons that can be used in conjunction with the tailoring and blacksmithy skill, respectively.

• The machines will hold 5000 charges of their respective tools.

• Add charges to the Sewing Machine by dropping sewing kits on the stool.

• Add charges to the Blacksmith Press by dropping smith’s hammers, sledge hammers, or tongs on the crates.

• Runic, Ancient, or specialty crafting tools cannot be added to the power tools.

• Security can be set on the power tool to limit who can use and deposit tools into the attached stool or crates.

• 15 Year

• Hell Hound Mount
Bug Fixes & Misc Changes

• The crystal portal will now teleport players to the Trinsic Royal Bank instead of the Bank of Britannia: Trinsic Branch.

• Magic items generated from treasure chests have had their base budgets increased based on the difficulty of the treasure chest.

• The following items are now stackable: Grass & Snow Tiles, Pristine Dread Horn.

• Trade Crates will now accept 1000 stones.

• Paladins have returned to the City of Trinsic

• Lifestealers now have the correct karma.

• Delivering trade orders will no longer increase karma if it is locked.

• VvV Sigil stolen stat is now tracking correctly.

• Fixed issue with Runic Reforging budgets being incorrect.

• House placement tool will now always display conformation gump
Enhanced Client Bug Fixes

• Player profiles now operate correctly

• Opening bank box for the first time no longer defaults to list view.

• Fixed issue where vendor search gump would not function.

• Fixed issue when a player’s primary target is more than 10 tiles away from the player many of their hotbar icons become un-usable.

Continue reading...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • Opening bank box for the first time no longer defaults to list view.
  • Fixed issue when a player’s primary target is more than 10 tiles away from the player many of their hotbar icons become un-usable.
  • Fixed issue with Runic Reforging budgets being incorrect.
Thank you.

Last edited:

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
2014 Holiday Items

• A Power Scroll Book

• The powerscroll book can hold 300 power scroll, no more of 99 than any specific scroll.

Ahhh...Hells Yeah!

Thank you so much!

This will significantly add to my gaming experience enjoyment!

Huzzah!

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
POWERSCROLL book for the fudginggggggg win!! Woot freaking woot!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
This is the one that got me most excited: The following items are now stackable: Grass & Snow Tiles

When my account went inactive, thankfully the RtB came at the right time and I had time to empty my castle before it fell...and 2 out of the 6 chars I have..all they have on them and in there banks are snow and grass tiles :/ So a big thank you for this one lol.

The rest looks amazing too, but that one really made my day :)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
excellent!

only thing i dont like is the statuettes.
not that i dont like the statuettes, its just that i COLLECT them and killing off my 15yr vet rewards to pick up a year 1/2/3/4 just cant happen!
also noticed that we have stopped at 15yr vet rewards and we are at 17 + years in game, would it not have made more sense to make the incoming statuettes higher years? say 15, 16, 17 year instead of 1,2,3,4?

really like the Huntmaster thing, quick question; im assuming that we can do this more then once a month?
so i can go and buy and kill like 30 bear tags in an attempt to keep getting a bigger bear for the competition? just wondering cause its not like we can tell the size of the animal before we kill it, no? so i assume as long as we keep paying the 5k per tag we keep hunting?

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
excellent!

not that i dont like the statuettes, its just that i COLLECT them and killing off my 15yr vet rewards to pick up a year 1/2/3/4 just cant happen!
also noticed that we have stopped at 15yr vet rewards and we are at 17 + years in game, would it not have made more sense to make the incoming statuettes higher years? say 15, 16, 17 year instead of 1,2,3,4?

I am just happy we still get these great publishes after all these years.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Team very much for new stuff!
Could the 2014 holiday gifts be in pretty boxes? Plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz and pretty pretty sugary please?

Did I mention please? :)

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
excellent!

really like the Huntmaster thing, quick question; im assuming that we can do this more then once a month?
so i can go and buy and kill like 30 bear tags in an attempt to keep getting a bigger bear for the competition? just wondering cause its not like we can tell the size of the animal before we kill it, no? so i assume as long as we keep paying the 5k per tag we keep hunting?
You can hunt for as many permits as your bank box affords.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

• A Power Scroll Book

WHAT? What must be locked in a house? Scroll?
So we put book to backpack, put scroll on floor, lock it and add to book?
:coco:

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wow, Wow, and Wow!!!!

Simply amazing! all of it!!

THANK YOU!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
So...question.

It states that Publish 88 is currently on TC1

Is this true? Cus if it is...nothing is working :/

I see no gifts and no huntsman dude outside Skara...

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Err.... how's this going to work, since they only 'spawn' from the cornucopia?

"Trophies throughout the Ranger’s Guild indicate which species can be hunted, and include
  • Turkey"

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So...question.

"We are publishing to TC1 this afternoon." I guess its not afternoon yet?

Also I just closed down my client and there is a new patch out. At least for the EC anyway. 67mb.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
So...question.

Is this true? Cus if it is...nothing is working :/

I see no gifts and no huntsman dude outside Skara...
not released till later this after noon

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Later this afternoon??

It's 5 at night.....are we time traveling now? o_O

And it says when you log in that Pub 88 is on TC....so...:sad4:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well...yeah....of course I did :)

Trying again....but I did patch...was pretty big.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont recall them ever putting gifts on the test shard. But you would think the huntsman would be there

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Err.... how's this going to work, since they only 'spawn' from the cornucopia?

"Trophies throughout the Ranger’s Guild indicate which species can be hunted, and include
  • Turkey"
yes, so we can only hunt them in Nov?
or
they are turning on the big ones again?

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does the new plant come from both of the horn of plenty types? One maybe is named cornucopia. Will they both give a plant?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I wanna know what mount Kyronix was on....that was sweet-lookin!

RockoNV

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
This is an excellent patch with what looks to be fun content. I was worried there for a couple months but it looks like the team is really making some long awaited progress. Bug fixes for the EC are a welcome sight indeed!

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and there was the other thread just now of people begging for the power scroll book !!
what fast service

Cyanide_Mage

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wanted to say awesome publish, there is at least 1 item in there that has been asked for over many years, the player base appreciates it! Lets try for 2? :)

The randomly hued gift boxes? What style are the boxes? And is there a random chance to have a neon color like there was years ago? Nothing like getting that white holiday statue/rare name/awesome neon box for added Xmas excitement ;)

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just wanted to say awesome publish, there is at least 1 item in there that has been asked for over many years, the player base appreciates it! Lets try for 2? :)

The randomly hued gift boxes? What style are the boxes? And is there a random chance to have a neon color like there was years ago? Nothing like getting that white holiday statue/rare name/awesome neon box for added Xmas excitement ;)
We've got three new gift boxes this year in a variety of colors!

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Amazing. Great job. And we've still got the new Pinco's UI and (I think) graphics updates coming (I can't wait). Will this finally end the complaints the developers "aren't doing anything"? (I wouldn't bet on it.)

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Can the power scroll books be linked with a scroll binder to upgrade the ps while in the book?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Huntmaster’s Challenge

The Huntmaster at the Skara Brae Ranger’s Guild now offers a monthly challenge for hunting various species throughout Britannia.

• Visit the Huntmaster NPC at the Ranger’s Guild outside Skara Brae to obtain a hunting permit via the Huntmaster’s context menu.

• Permits cost 5,000gp, the funds must be available in the player’s bank box.

• Trophies throughout the Ranger’s Guild indicate which species can be hunted, and include:

• Grizzly Bear

• Gray Wolf

• Cougar

• Turkey

• Bull

• Boar

• Walrus

• Alligator

• Eagle

• Double click on the hunting permit and target the corpse of a valid species to record the kill.

• The Permit will display the Hunter’s Name, Date of the Kill, Location of the Kill, Species of the Kill, and a measurement for the Kill.

• Taxidermy Kits can be used on the hunting permit to create a trophy for display.

• Return to the Huntmaster to submit a kill for consideration in the monthly competition.

• If a submission has the greatest measurement for a species, the kill will be displayed on the trophy inside the Ranger’s Guild.

• If a submission ties the greatest measurement for a species the display on the trophy will not update, however the submitting player will be eligible for reward when the contest concludes each month.

• If a submitted kill has the greatest measurement at the end of the month, the submitting player(s) will get points for each submission to redeem rewards from the Huntmaster.

• Kills can only be submitted from the current month and year.

• The Huntmaster’s month will be updated on server maintenance, each new month the contest will reset.

• Rewards can be redeemed by double clicking on the Huntmaster, and include,

• A Harvester’s Blade

• A Horn of Plenty

• A Reward Title Deed: Huntmaster’s Champion

• A Sash – “Member of the Skara Brae Ranger’s Guild”
@Kyronix

So only one person a month can win per category?

I'm afraid that many people will give up on this system after being told their 'permit doesn't document a bigger kill!' (note, there is currently a typo in the Huntmaster's text, as he says "Begging thy pardon, but your permit does document a bigger kill!" even when it clearly doesn't based on the current trophy's weight).

I'd suggest this either be a weekly thing, or that the top 3 weights get points (3, 2, 1) and that the reward priced are bumped up a tad.

Edit to add: The new trophies are pretty cool though! I foresee the turkey one being used quite soon...

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I think...if I read it right...that even if your permit doesn't weigh more, it still counts towards points at the end of the month? So you can turn them all in to receive points is this correct?

Also...BIG gold sink omg...I've spent 20k alone trying to get the biggest walrus :/ LOL

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

So only one person a month can win per category?

I'm afraid that many people will give up on this system after being told their 'permit doesn't document a bigger kill!' (note, there is currently a typo in the Huntmaster's text, as he says "Begging thy pardon, but your permit does document a bigger kill!" even when it clearly doesn't based on the current trophy's weight).

I'd suggest this either be a weekly thing, or that the top 3 weights get points (3, 2, 1) and that the reward priced are bumped up a tad.
Multiple people can win per month if they all tie. We'll see how it goes and make adjustments as necessary. Thanks for the feedback and the typo note!

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kyronix, not to complain, or pull up a sore subject but! Do you have any plans to offset the inevitable use of scripts to farm this new system.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, Thanks guys, I am excited to see the new stuff which by the way, looks wonderful and also like a lot of fun, but more.............I am so happy that this "sky is falling" thing is put to rest for at least a while and so happy to see content like this to tell the naysayers, "Lookit that!! See what they did???!!!"

I for one, appreciate the work you've all put into this and I can't tell you thanks enough!!